Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Zurich Airport 4 stars

#3 of 8 hotels in Glattbrugg

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Convenient airport hotel
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

It's a difficult hotel to find coming from the local train platform. The only signage I saw was for Movenpick Wein which wasn't the hotel! We possibly took the wrong route. You'd certainly want to check the exact route if you had luggage. No breakfast included.

Free transfer to the airport. Convenient short trip to the airport. Modern, comfortable hotel. The outside terrace for a drink or dinner. Choice of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Once found the hotel is modern and with its very good shuttle service quite convenient to the airpor
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Though the hotel is visible from the highway to the airport it is difficult to find where to exit and once off the highway still a complicated route to find it.

Not returning
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The reception staff are too arrogant. I understand that there is a queu and you need to wait but the only thing I needed to know was the direction to the toilet! N inspite of telling the lady that I just need the toilet, she made me wait for 15 mins before she would point me to the right direction. While we had breakfast, one of the staff was going around serving smoothie shots of sum sort to all. Even though she passed our table twice she did not bother to offer us any. I wonder if the smoothie was something special meant only for those with European passports?

Handy shuttle to airport, 5 minutes away
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The food prices are eye-wateringly high, but such is Switzerland. Portions are just adequate. Breakfast buffet large and varied, good overall, better be for the price !! Breakfast can become exceedingly crowded and hectic.

Quiet rooms - well appointed and comfortable pillows. Good shower with plenty of hot water. Kettle in the room is greatly appreciated !!

• Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was extremely unfriendly. They were rude. Our AC wasn't working, so we went to the front desk to talk about it. Without telling us anything, the guy at the reception walked to our room and without knocking entered inside. He checked the Ac and said it's working and theres nothing I can do. He gave us a fan. Second visit to the hotel, we found a big insect in our room. Very unfriendly staff and I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. Stay away ! The ratings on booking.com are incorrect. It should be rated as 4/10 and not 8/10

Great for an overnight stay at Zurich airport but some little room for improvement.
    • SLEEP Queen

I booked a room with the special sleep experience, i.e. with a bad with adjustable mattress and in a specifically calm part of the hotel. The mattress was adjustable, though it didn't meet fully my expectation of comfort. Unfortunately, the room was towards the highway - not really noisy but also not calm either.

The hotel offers a good and reliable airport shuttle which brought me perfectly in time back to the terminal for my early check-in the next morning. The restaurant choice and quality was very good and offered a wide range of dinner opportunities in this rather remote place.

Will never be back to this hotel .
    • Superior King Room

- The stuff attitude . - Furniture is old and bed not comfortable - No sleepers and bathrob for superior rooms . - Expensive compare to hotel quality - Room service is not picking up the phone .I went down to receiption to request for iron. - Poor breakfast. - car parking very expensive

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location - poor service and policy
    • Classic Queen Room

They neglected to offer those people who were waiting for an earlier check in the rooms as they became available - even though there were a few of us sitting and waiting in plain view. It's an airport hotel and even though guaranteed check in is only after 2pm (which is pretty standard (I travel a lot) inevitably they will have people who wish to check in earlier. Again - this is fairly standard. After three hours I gave up waiting and went to a hotel down the road which had a room immediately available - lost my money on this booking but having traveled very early and then waiting for 3 hours I was very tired and became increasingly irritated as the receptionist just gave the rooms available to others who 'checked in' after we had. Won't stay there again.

There was a hotel shuttle and it was free of charge.

A basic hotel close to the airport.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

A basic hotel close to the airport. The room was clean and big for European standards, however the A/C didn't work well and we couldn't open the windows either as it was exceptionally noisy due to the highway next door.

Very good an frequent shuttle service to the airport.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

It is quite noisy due to the close highway, but then again very much expected

Very good an frequent shuttle service to the airport. Good value deals. Nice rooms .

Excellent hotel for stay with kids

Airport shuttle was running every 15 mins and on time. This was very convenient to go to the train station and also to th airport. Staff are very helpful and will always recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

good big rooms , nice bed .
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

good big rooms , nice bed . the hotel is not the newest one but in a good state and comfortable and cozy, good restaurants are available and shuttle to the airport is complimentary even before 6h00 in the morning.

Great location, close to the airport, convenient shuttle...
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

The check in staff were a little rude and it felt a bit impersonal but for an airport hotel it was fine.

Great location, close to the airport, convenient shuttle service and good food. Close to the train line into central Zurich, quiet and clean.

Movenpick.
    • SLEEP Queen

Reception said our room would be ready at 12. We and that was fine because we decided to go to City Centre and see what was there. We returned at 3 and we're due for letting the room was not ready it would be another 20 minutes. I waited 40 minutes coming up to the desk and was given the answer that the person that was cleaning the room was not answering the phone but they would look into it. Funny after now we're told we should go out to our room. Since we had disembarked from are ships in Basel at 7 which meant we were up since 4:30 then walked around city center needless to say we were exhausted. We had to sleep and then went down to the dining room for a little bite. The meal was not spectacular and we waited an hour to receive our food meme well we wanted to go back to bed because we have a flight at 7 in the morning and had to be up again at 4:30. The dinner was very expensive and when I went to check out the figure that they resented to me that they had charged to my credit card did not match my calculations. However that has been rectified now. Decided that we will not stay at a movenpick again.

Nothing was exceptional.

The shuttle service works very well, and there is no need to...
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I was an emergency last minute add late at night, so I was happy to have a place to lay my head. I found it expensive for what it was, and for checking in after hours, the check in process was EXTREMELY slow, I understood they had a computer problem. But for much of the time there was one person checking in quite a lot of people. This added to my frustration of the whole day. No food outside of room service late at night, so instead ordered breakfast, which was kind of inedible.

The shuttle service works very well, and there is no need to worry about the time it takes. One of the best i have used. The bed and room were very comfortable and clean....

Movenpick experience
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

No Free Car Park. No Valet service. No late hour service. Variety of restaurant food and cuisine is not great at all. Guess it is an Europe thing, but needs to change else get the prices cheaper

Very average. Middle East hotels have better service quality

My stay served it's purpose for a night
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I felt the room was not up too date.

The person at the desk helped me up to the room was extremely helpful. The free shuttle to the airport was fast and amazing the driver was also exceptionally helpful

Perfect Zurich Airport Hotel
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant a bit on the expensive side, but then again, this is Switzerland ;)

Perfect hotel near the airport with free shuttle service. perfect for next mornings flight. Have stayed there before & would stay again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

dingy, no working AC, rude staff
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

The woman at check-in counter (Jacqueline) did not make any eye contact or even say hi and smile, she was also super rude to some other guests that were trying to ask if this was the check in counter. The hotel hallways are extremely dingy looking, it was not nice. I only booked this hotel as it mentioned that they have air conditioning but when we arrived it was barely working, and the window in my room would not open as the latch was broken (other people travelling with me had more luck as they were able to open their window and were given a fan when requested). I was told they did not have any more fans so i have a very miserable night during the heatwave they have been having in switzerland.

the room and bathroom were clean although very dated

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good for one night before travel
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is so small Not as the level as movenpick hotels that i've seen

Near to airport Hotel shuttle is running every 15 min. Staff are friendly

Exactly what you need in an airport hotel.
    • Classic Queen Room

Exactly what you need in an airport hotel. Clean, great location 5 minutes shuttle from airport. Air conditioning which is crucial in summer. Will most certainly return as I fly in/out of Zurich.

Reasonable airport hotel
    • Classic Queen Room

The bare room and old fashioned bathroom

The proximity to the airport The free and regular pickup and and drop airport shuttles provided by the hotel The large number of English language channels on the television

Extremely convenient to Airport, but lots of glitches in the room itself
    • SLEEP Queen

The refrigerator in our room was broken. They brought us ice and offered to give us a different room, but we were already settled in. The bed was adjustable for firmness, etc, but one of the controls was not working, so I don't know if that's a plus or not. Also the TV remote wasn't working, so they had to send someone who determined that the remote was actually from a different room

Close to Airport and train with free shuttle service

• Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Even though it seems close to the airport, it's definitely not walking distance. You have to take a cab or their shuttle bus. The lady at the reception was not very nice. I asked her twice to book the shuttle for the next morning at 5:10, she confirmed that it's booked, the next morning my parents were told that they don't have a reservation, the car is full and they have to wait for the next one. Not recommended.

Helpful staff, great breakfast, clean and modern rooms
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle to and from the airport not frequent enough and did not have enough capacity for all customers.

Helpful staff, great breakfast, clean and modern rooms

Shuttle service readily available
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Nicely located near the airport. Ten minute walk to metro station but shuttle service was readily available. Restaurant was nice, with fair service, but pricey. Nothing nearby as far as food or entertainment.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Surrounding area, staff, overall it is good experience.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

There's no swimming pool, some little stuff r missing which we can expect from hotel like Movenpick.

Surrounding area, staff, overall it is good experience. If you are muslim traveller you can find some halal restaurants tt walking distance i.e. Fire Grill house etc.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Conveniences and cleanliness
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Room and beds is small for a family of 4. On the first and last days of our holiday, we stayed at this hotel. The hotel arranged only 2 pillows for family of 4.

Modern, cleanliness and free shuttles to airport for convenience.

A comfortable hotel if one needs to catch a flight out of Zurich.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant quite expensive. Air and ground traffic loud if windows were opened. No conditioner in bathroom. Only one pillow on each bed. Had to request extra pillows.

Easy check in and shuttle to airport. Extra bed brought immediately upon arrival. Friendly hotel staff and nice workout room.

I won't stay here again.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

In short, one reason why I selected this hotel was for the free airport shuttle every fifteen minutes. At 10:30 when I needed to go to the airport, the shuttle was every 30 mins and therefore I had to take Uber. Also, at breakfast the waitress was the most surly person I have ever met.

Bad Staff . Be careful with your credit card .
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

One night CHF 171 without breakfast and extra charge chf 50 for what ?? Moven staff is not honest and swioe my card for extra free , the staff promised me will returm all the CHF 100 gurantee but the real CHF 50 I must pay more for nothing .. Terrible .

2 queen bed , big room

Proximity to the airport
    • Classic Queen Room

The room was not cleaned well. Breakfast was bad ie. the selection of food, the service, missing tools, the amount of food, un-cleaned tables etc.

Proximity to the airport

Good hotel, great location near the airport
    • Classic Queen Room

There was a little bit of "old" dust in some parts of the room

The room was super spacious, the bed is comfortable, the staff are super nice!

Breakfast (but too expensive)
    • Classic Queen Room

Confused and unfriendly staff , incredibly uncomfortable lobby seating . Small dingy room in Soviet style corridor

Breakfast (but too expensive) Happy chocolate hour

Fourth time was staying so u can guess how much we like the place
    • SLEEP Queen

Some more things like vegetarian curry n rice could be added to the menu.

Are at restaurant Terrace....Tasty food Had Caprese n pasta as I am a vegetarian

fast and suitable

the price

this hotel has a phenomenal breakfast, with everything you can think of and more. I was very impressed with selection of fruit, cheeses, smoke fish, cereals, eggs, hot veggies. It was really an excellent fare. It is however extremely expensive for an airport hotel but it is Zurich.

Conveniently located next to the airport with a shuttle bus...
    • SLEEP Queen

Wasn’t particularly restful sleep as constant background noise and noisy neighbours

Conveniently located next to the airport with a shuttle bus to and from

The shuttle service between hotel & air port / train...
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I wanted to plug in my laptop , but could not do so since the charger pins does not match with the plug. I requested for a adopter (electrical). But they did not provide when I need. On the following morning when I request again , they provided me one. But for that even I had to submit my Credit Card for them to make a note of it. Staff was not that supportive at that moment.

The shuttle service between hotel & air port / train station. You could go anywhere by train and get back to Air port Train Station. The shuttle service will pick you and drop you during the schedule time.

Great start to a river cruise and 3 more weeks
    • Superior King Room

Price of breakfast was expensive. It should be offered to hotel patrons for a lot less or free with a min.stay. We went to airport for a much less cost for breakfast then continued to downtown for the day.

Great shuttle service and location to airport and trains ... excellent.

Great experience. I would stay at Movenpick Hotel Zurich Airport again.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

The line to check in moved slowly

This property was the perfect place to stay the night before our flight from Zurich. The shuttle service runs regularly and is very efficient. The room was comfortable, a good size and very clean. The hotel seemed very busy (lots of tour buses and people in the restaurants) but our room was quiet.

Very confortable stay.
    • Classic Queen Room

I would like to have complementary water in the room.

The suttle service is very convenient from Airport to the hotel back and forth. Especially all the staffs are very professinal at the hotel, you feel like at home. Nice food too.

Arrived in the morning after a long flight from Canada.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Arrived in the morning after a long flight from Canada. Had requested an early check in months ahead, and again had called the week before. When we got there was told we could not check in early. Pressed the point and was able to get a room, but had to pay an additional 100 Swiss francs. Not impressed, as while I was negotiating, a whole bunch of people were checking out, so there should have been a room free.

The location to the airport
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

That they gave away our room with two queen beds, therefore, we had to pay for two rooms instead of one in order to accommodate our family of 4.

The location to the airport

Shocking staff and lack of privacy.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleaning staff were shocking. A woman walked into our room at 8am without knocking while we were in bed. At 9.15am a male cleaner walked into our room, again without knocking, while we were standing in our underwear. Once, not good, but twice?? What kind of hotel is this??

Close to airport but nothing around.

Good value airport hotel.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not get enough coffee at breakfast (there was a very large tour group in the dining room)....so maybe a self service coffee machine could be good? I think the waiters were very busy and did not have sufficient time to follow up on all of the breakfast guests.

Good value airport hotel.

Good airport hotel.

Restaurant prices.

Nice hotel near to the airport. Good value for money in terms of cost of room. Everything else very expensive, but that’s more a Zurich thing. Not much in surrounding area. Chap on reception very helpful!

Convenient for airport good 4 star hotel !

All acceptable

Good restaurants , clean modern hotel...... in a very ugly building in a noisy industrial type area however that's airport city centre standard

Staffs are nice and it is very convenient for traveling from...
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Staffs are nice and it is very convenient for traveling from airport to hotel with free shuttle bus provided by the hotel. The frequency of the shuttle bus is great.

Good hotel at convenient location near airport
    • Superior King Room

1. I received 2 room keys, one to enter and one for the main switch. However, room cleaning people regularly removed my second key from the switch so I had to ask for a replacement key several times 2. The gate to the parking malfunctioned again. This is the second stay where this happens. This is not OK 3. The dinner food menu in the restaurant is somewhat limited in general and for vegetarians in particular 4. Wifi is on/off

Employees generally very friendly, fast check-in. A la carte breakfast is tasty, good coffee. Bar has good atmosphere and I liked the sport emissions on TV Room was spacious, functional and clean.

Convenient stop over for an early flight
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

A bit of traffic noise as close to main road. However, once I fell asleep, it didn't wake me.

Very convenient for the airport with prompt regular shuttle bus

It was pleasant enough, The rooms were fine and very clean. I wouldn't say it was good value (Averag
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff need to be more courteous and at least be interested in the guests stay. I didn't think they were in anyway friendly, actually quite the opposite . This is a negative and a serious one.

Breakfast was very good. But very expensive.

Fine

Staff at checkout Bed

I sent an email and never got a reply. Welcome was great. Room was mediocre Bed not good - hard not firm Lady on reception incredibly rude, but I get the impression that was normal

Great location for a plane / train stop over.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location for a plane / train stop over. Good bar and restaurant, very helpful staff and lovely room. Breakfast was inclusive and exceeded our expectations.

Good value hotel convenient for airport
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Little noisy from nearby road

Easy check in and out, well equipped room and good short transfer to the airport. Did not use facilities or F&B, but looked good.

Horrible service at the hotel restaurant.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Horrible service at the hotel restaurant. Charged full price for kid's meal. Double charged the tip at the restaurant. Must be very careful to avoid paying extra, check your bill carefully.

Great value for money; clean, spacious and friendly staff and provides shuttle bus service.

Can't think of one.

The hotel provides shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off from the airport and vice versa which is extremely useful in Zurich. Professional and friendly customer service, check-in and check-out were very fast using online. The room is very big and spacious and very clean. I will definitely come back to this hotel next time I visit Zurich again.

Movenpick is quite a decent option
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no breakfast buffet included in the room price. Other restaurants with similar tariff had a breakfast buffet included. We choose movenpick as it had higher ratings.

The shuttle facility was great for first time visitors. The room was decent and had all standard amenities. The hotel lobby was beautiful and they have a great but overpriced restaurant on premises.

Decent airport hotel
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The shuttle wasn't big enough to take everybody waiting and it turned in to a mess of who could push through to the front.

Free shuttle was useful. Drinks upon checking in was a nice touch. The room was a good size and had everything you would want from an airport hotel.

Great location and experience!

Breakfast was a little pricey at csf$33

Great location for anyone travelling from Zurich airport. Well thought out rooms. Attention to detail. Everything you might need was thought of.

everything is fine - perfect place to stay if you have an early flight out of Zurich -
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

everything was fine - perfect place to stay if you have an early flight out of Zurich - breakfast is not included in price of the room so no idea how the croissants are !!!-

Cold rooms, expensive breakfast, poor service
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in is horrible. 12 people in que waiting, only one receptionist while other is standing behind the desk doing nothing. Breakfast 33 CHF (probably they benchmarked from Ritz Carlton) we froze up in the room as air con was not heating properly. First and last stay in this property. Far from expectations.

Convenient, close to airport for overnight stay, free shuttle every 15 min to and from airport

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

UNCOMFORTABLE and staff rude
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

My reservation was for TWO QUEEN beds. We got 2 double beds with a rollaway bed. I'm not tall and my feet hung off the rollaway bed, not to mention every time I moved the springs squeaked.

Bed and pillow was unconfortable .
    • Classic Queen Room

Bed and pillow was unconfortable . In bathroom it was no conditioner for hair , and there was only one gel for all purposes ( to wash hands, hair and body). The hotel is close to the airport but far from any shop/amenity.

it was good for the purpose of the visit

The weather was cold

The bed was comfortable, the food at the breakfast boofa was good The cleaners were very helpful, i forgot the code for the safe and they manage to reset it in very short time

Great hotel, but no perks for frequent guests
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

sometimes when I have a flight back in the evening, the hotel doesnt give a free late checkout option so I can shower and get changed before take-off. Also when I arrive sometimes in the early morning to Zurich, I cannot get my room early and I have to book the night before. I would appreciate if the hotel can treat the frequent guests differently, like free early/ late check in/ out or a free upgrade.

I am a frequent guest in Movenpick as I come on business trips and the hotel is close to the office. Generally, the hotel is good by all means, specially the breakfast and other facilities in rooms and the gym.

good location - right hotel for business traveller
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish weather was better...

great for business traveller as shuttle to airport great. take shuttle- enter in airport centre - go to migros supermarket buy snacks and six packet water. all set.

it was most convenient. +unlike Hilton, if they make a mistake on over charging they sort it out on
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant is busy, so if you want to be served quickly, chase the staff. And let them know when they served your food wrongly, or took your food away before you finish! lol

nice ice cream

Good alternative location should you opt not to stay in Zurich city center.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

1. Avoid inquiring at reception area when it gets busy. 2. Please consider setting up a dedicated Movenpick chocolates and marmalade sales area for hotel guest. Restaurant manager was not able to explain and sell these items (though it is being displayed at the entrance of the restaurant).

Punctual shuttle service to and from the airport. Very helpful staff member most especially the waiters in hotel restaurant and shuttle service. Great breakfast selection.

Fantastic location for seeing Zurich
    • Superior King Room

No air conditioning and it was hot in the room (in October!). They offered us a fan which only minimally helped.

Beautiful room. So convenient to the airport where there was a huge mall. Airport shuttle was reliable.

Treating guest like criminals
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I Parked 10 minutes in front of hotel to check in. 10 min later as I was starting my car an employee approached and yelled at me in an intimidating manner of how that was not a parking place for hotel guests. He yelled for 5 minutes. I thought I would never see him again. 15 min later as I dropped of the rental car in the airport, guess who came to pick me up in the hotel shuttle! SAME GUY! He has a mustache about 5,6 and skinny! It was 6pm. You can’t treat guests like that no matter what! Front desk lady was very unwelcoming too.

Nice restaurant. Just dont order the burger! Really the worst of my life. Other dishes seemes good though.

Never again
    • Superior King Room

If you have a coffee in the restaurant you will be asked if they can validate your parking. If you booked a room you PAY for parking... Last time they didn't charge for parking as a hotel guest. This is unacceptable for a major hotel chain and a rip off. The clerk at checkout hates his job and the guests, was very rude and derivative.

We did not haave breakfast at the hotel
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathtub is not very good for elderly people a walk in shower would be preferable the refrigerator was not cold enough, otherwise all was well.

We did not haave breakfast at the hotel

Would not recommend or return to this hotel
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a concrete slab. It was also very challenging to get waited on at breakfast the next morning. We also had to wait a very long time for shuttle from the airport to the hotel

A room that was located on a higher floor

Convenient stay in Modern Hotel near Zurich Airport
    • Classic Queen Room

Double room size is good, but the bed size is a true double bed. A queen size bed when only one bed is in the room would have been nice. Onsite restaurant is quite expensive as well. Nearest option is to return to the airport for dinner.

Airport shuttle very easy to use and runs frequently. Staff is lovely.

The hotel was conveniently located by the airport, but I have stayed in nicer places for the money.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds very hard and only one pillow per bed. The rooms were very warm. No ice machine on the floor, no mini fridge in rooms. Very few amenities for the cost.

The hotel was very modern and updated. The rooms were clean and the locations was conveniently close to the airport. The shuttle buses ran every 30 minutes from the airport and the staff were very polite.

Browse Mövenpick Hotel Zurich Airport traveller photo gallery