Reviews of NH Geneva City 4 stars

42-44 avenue Wendt, Saint-Gervais / des Grottes, 1203 Geneva, Switzerland

#33 of 98 hotels in Geneva

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is currently experiencing a drain issue. Pwww Also they charged me twice for the complete invoice of the stay and are being extremely slow in rectifying this.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

A busy week with good night sleep

The first day the cleaning lady forgot to renew the coffee capsules and tissue box.

The hotel has been renovated a few years ago, it looks new and full of light. I stayed for a whole week with my sister (who happens to be also my colleague) in one of the Junior suites which had lots of space. Since we had no time for breakfast due to early meetings, we were very thankful for the coffee machine and capsules. The hotel gives you free public transportation card for the whole stay, trams and bus stops are close which makes it super convenient to move around the city. It is 15 min walk to the CICG building. Plenty of good restaurants in the vicinity (a good Spanish one called "Lamartine" is just around the corner").

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

First stay was great, second stay was disappointing

This was the second time we stayed. Both times I reserved the same type of room, the first time the room was great and that’s why I booked again. The second time we got a much smaller room that felt very cramped. The AC didn’t work as well so the room never really cooled down ( it’s too loud to keep the windows opened.) The bed was very hard and uncomfortable and the pillows are so small. I was disappointed the second time around. So I have mixed feelings about the hotel because when you reserve the more upgraded room they should be equal in size and quality.

Staff is very friendly and hotel is clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

NH city is supposed to be nice and clean but their cleaners needs to do more work.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For the 3 nights I stayed in NH my room was never swept, shower and sink was never cleaned. Tissues and waste paper and hair that fell on the floor from day 1 was left there till I checked. Cleaner only makes bed and change towels. That’s it.

The location and reception staff

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Staff courteous and very helpful, especially in reception.

Just a little bit out of town, although a free city transport ticket helps!

Staff courteous and very helpful, especially in reception. Hotel and room very clean and good selection of food for breakfast..

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I won’t be back, especially after a Terrible NH Hotel stay in Santiago Spain.

A hotel staff member came into my room when I clearly had the do not disturb sign on my door; some of the staff was rude.

Was a 20 - 30 min walk to pretty much everywhere I needed to go.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WIFI couldn't be connected, despite several efforts. It was a pure harassment to type in a lot of answers. Please make it simple to connect. I had to rely on data in my mobile phone to connect to the Internet. I couldn't use my iPad.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good clean hotel near transport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included and if eaten there the cost was very high. We chose to find a coffee shop nearby for breakfast

Close to transport and not too far if you wanted to walk to most tourist sites. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and well set up

Next to city and have restaurants next to the hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lift is extremely small, can barely hold 2 people with 2 luggages.

Next to city and have restaurants next to the hotel. Offers us free transport ticket to use in Geneva which is a bonus.

The bed is comfortable and the room is modern.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The water from the bassin had a strong smell of sewage that is totally unpleasant. I had to buy mineral water bottles to clean my face and brush my teeth. Despite the fact that I complained twice regarding this issue to the staff, nothing was done to sort out this problem.

The bed is comfortable and the room is modern.

The location near by shops and Geneva Lake
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not clean as expected, the parking is disaster if you have your own car and in the hotel mentioned they have gym which should be mentioned, because it is enough for one person to go into that gym.

The location near by shops and Geneva Lake

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very comfortable, felt like I was royalty
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

area behind the couch had not been cleaned

Everyone was so nice and wanted to help. They offered to upgrade us since they had room and best of all knew the city

Should be better for the cost

Check in slow To get into the park garage was a pain to get the key each time off reception. Should be able to use room key or code Open box of chips left in the mini bar No real food only sandwich in hotel

Room size was great!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

My kids liked the breakfast pancakes & maple syrup.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Tiny beds. The first night they put us in a room which they knew has a sewage problem!!! It stunk all night. They moved us next door the next day.

My kids liked the breakfast pancakes & maple syrup. The staff are helpful and very informal.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Always love my stay here. Don’t book anywhere else!

Not a thing.

The hotel itself and the staff are truly wonderful. The staff were brilliant especially Bruno and Sara at reception and Claire in the bar. I’ll definitely be back next time I’m in Geneve. Can’t thank you so much for your hospitality.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I liked the location and quietness.

I liked the location and quietness. I took out for running every morning and the hotel located in a quiet neighborhood and was close to the UN and a botanical garden. Very friendly for a traveller.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Nice Property.

There was no on-site parking available to us. It would have been nice to have someone help me take my luggage to the room. We were there for a very short time, just overnight, so I cannot really comment on much.

The room was large and comfortable, the front desk staff were very professional and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I loved everting about the hotel the location there are too...

I loved everting about the hotel the location there are too many restaurants next door and super market, the price and specially the staff are amazing in everything , the evening girl her name is Sarah she is amazing. I asked one of the staff to provide me with an electrical adapter and they didn’t have it ; however he offered me his personal iPhone charger. So nice and gentle.

Were given city travel passes for buses, trams and water...

Were given city travel passes for buses, trams and water taxi for our whole stay. Made it really easy to get around the city. So glad of air-conditioning during heat wave.

At this hotel they take your money before you arrive!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed is tiny,from the aircon it comes an horrible smell and it is so hot that it is impossible to sleep without AC. I have booked for all our group ,cancelable 5 rooms 2 months in advance( they had enough available rooms even in the arrival day!) and i had the surprise that the hotel took the whole amount of money from my card. The explanation was that booking.com allowed them to do so!!!! The hotel is allowed to hold some money and even if you don t show,they take one night ! I am really upset,even though nh hotel in Vienna airport was amazingly good,i will never book nh hotels again!

nice breakfast,clean room

Staff were supper friendly ( Thank you Sara ,, Thank you...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

parking was full , we had to find a place to park the car nearby

Staff were supper friendly ( Thank you Sara ,, Thank you Luis) Bed was comfortable, hotel was near the bus station

Modern hotel in a safe neighborhood
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is of a 10 minute tram ride from Cornavin train station. The area is residential, quiet, and feels safe. The staff was helpful. The bed was comfortable.

The staff were extremely helpful and always nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All good - the room, service and ease of booking were all good

The staff were extremely helpful and always nice. It was especially nice to be able to open the windows and get fresh air. So many places now use air conditioning only and keep windows locked

Excellent hotel, clean, good A/C, Staff were very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a slight smell in the room from the vent but nothing unbearable

Excellent hotel, clean, good A/C, Staff were very helpful - in particular Sara who went out of her way to help us. Parking on the road outside also.

Staff are excellent and very helpful with a nice smile on...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The double bed is very small for two person to fit in.

Staff are excellent and very helpful with a nice smile on their faces. Thanks to all their staff.

The staff was phenomenal, extremely friendly, polite,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was phenomenal, extremely friendly, polite, helpful, efficient and knowledgeable. Particular kudos to Dalbert and Kevin. I had a wonderful stay there, will most definitely return and recommend this place.

Staff is very helpfull and supportive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed were separated which is not convenient for couple in private room

Staff is very helpfull and supportive. extra credit for them. clean and near the public transportation. 5 minutes walk the nearest Tram Station

Hotel is good? but expensive and not good situated
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

location- far from airport and railway. I was waiting for bus number 10 about 35 minutes without success and had to take taxi to airport as it was time to fly.

Very good work of reception

Excellent stay

so expensive

very friendly and polite staff willing to answer all questions and explained about the city and provides useful information illustration on maps. The area is very clean and safe , there are good variety of aminities

Nice and comfortable for a reasonable price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fitness room has nothing to do in it but some cardio.

The room is really nice: is clean, big and comfortable. The price is very good for what it is.

Delightful hotel, short walk to tram/bus with only 2-3 stops to town. Easy as. Highly recommended.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we did not like about this hotel.

Staff extremely courteous and friendly. We arrived a little early but the room was ready and by the time we had completed formalities the bags were already in the room. Bus/tram tickets were given to us to use - very close to everything. We left a jacket behind but they already had it ready to send to us once we completed that paperwork ... excellent service.

Excellent stay in Geneva

Would have liked to have better aircon it felt a little warm to us at night but it was 36 degrees! I guess the inclusion of an iron and board would have been helpful.

Really enjoyed this stay in this hotel in Geneva. Just a short ride away from the city centre on a tram after a 5 minute walk. Amazing that you get free travel cards at this hotel so travel costs you nothing. There were very helpful and allowed us to store our bags before we got our late afternoon flight out after checking out. Very friendly staff, very clean hotel and my word what a comfy bed!!

Good location, walking distance to the place of nations.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Parking place limited, have to park 1.7 Km public parking area.

Good location, walking distance to the place of nations. Very comfortable bed. Everything convenient!

Very comfortable bedding
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist started to tell me how tired she was, which didn't make me feel welcome as guest. Other staff members tried to enter the room before the check-out time.

Very comfortable bedding Modern and clean room

Perfect place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only problem was that there was stairs at the entrance which is not suitable for family with kids that use stroller,and so on...

Completely renovated, very clean, big rooms, comfortable beds, staff were really kind and helpfull, the public transportation ticket was a good point, easy access to center with the tram close to the hotel. There wasnt such a big lobby and reception area that might make you dissapointed at the time of check in but when you see the rooms you completely change your idea!

From my perspective it was great.

From my perspective it was great. New refurbished room. New shower etc. Clean and confortable. It is not on the city touristic area, it is in a residential one, but public transportation is excellent. Bus at the door! And you will receive the card (gratuity) for public transportation. I didnt have breakast at the hotel so I dont know how it is. Reception personnel super kind!

Great for a very short stay but not long term for the city
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel a bit out the way in terms of location. Keep this in mind because hotel does not have a restaurant on site, so trying to find somewhere to eat could be problematic without traveling

Very comfortable, clean & spacious.

Got a great night’s sleep and the hotel far exceeded my expectations.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t much around the hotel in terms of restaurants, shopping, and sites.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful, informing us how to use the free transportation passes that the City of Geneva provides and suggesting the free boat trip. The hotel is a bit of a walk from Lake Geneva, but with this free transit pass that was really convenient and easy to use, it didn’t matter. This hotel was well worth the price and I was so happy that I didn’t pay the higher prices to be closer to the water. I would definitely recommend.

This was my first visit to Geneva city, and I really liked...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was my first visit to Geneva city, and I really liked what I saw, the hotel is 10 minutes away from the airport and near to city and bus stations which is the major transport tool at the city. The customer care team on the reception are very helpful and this serve you with their best. I recommend this hotel and will book their in my next visit.

Our stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Room service was poor, all during our visit they did not clean the used coffee cups nor replenish the contents until we asked, they even forgot to empty the waste basket in the room.

Staff were very helpful and breakfast choices were excellent

Nice hotel, a bit too pricey
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The "gym" is ridiculously small! Breakfast is too expensive. Regular wifi was mediocre (high speed wifi at a price!?)

Clean; the staff was nice but did not speak English very well

Great hotel with easy transit access to everything!

Buffet breakfast, if not included in your stay, was 32 euros!

This is a well situated half way between the airport and Geneva tourist area and very close to several major bus routes. The hotel stay included a bus pass for our entire visit. So this is a great way to experience Geneva without the expensive tourist area hotel prices. Staff was very friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself was OK but the room was small, the breakfast was super expensive and the location was dull as! Absolutely nothing happening around the hotel. Had to catch a bus into town. Geneva seemed closed on Sunday.

The price is rather reasonable in an expensive city like...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bit far from the centre and the main tourist sites. But the traffic is convenient with the hotel transportation card.

The price is rather reasonable in an expensive city like Geneva. The room is large and the staff is quite friendly.

Meh.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was not great for a one-night stay in Geneva. An alternative closer to the old town would have been preferable. Checkin was interesting, with staff a little manic and not very efficient.

Clean, great location and the friendliest and most helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are exceptionally clean, the location great for getting around the city but above all, the staff were incredible. They were so welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about the city and went above and beyond to ensure we knew all about the local transport, attractions and had all the maps and tickets we needed. Best customer service i've seen in a long time.

Good location and professional hotel.

Dated furniture and room. Also many minor things were slightly off. As an example, bath-ropes and sleepers were missing although in their web site they were supposed to be in the room. After requesting them we only received the sleepers. Also no one was there to help us with our luggages. Small things but they accumulate.

Good location and professional hotel.

Make sure breakfast is included!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was not very comfortable. Breakfast was extortionate. More than twice the cost of breakfast in same hotel chain in Salzburg.

Lovely garden. Room apart from bed comfy and air conditioning welcome in very hot weather. Coffee and tea making facilities also welcome, not revular feature of european hotels. Staff very friendly and informative. Free travel pass a real bonus. Hotel a short tram ride from the 'biz' and use of the water taxis was brilliant.

Thoroughly enjoyable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpet in halls was stained, but our room had wood floors so it wasn't like I had to walk barefoot on the carpet.

Breakfast was exceptional. Check-in staff was outstanding. Room was spacious and comfortable.

Staff were great, comfy bed, near tram, no facilities, thin walls.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The steps to the entrance of the hotel meant it wa very difficult to lift a heavy bag as a single traveller. Thin walls

No restaurant, so be prepared to eat out. Steps to entrance means you have to lug your bag up to get to check in. Bed was comfy. Room was noisy and I could hear the person next door talking animatedly in the early hours. The staff were very helpful. Near the tram - which is useful and about a fifteen minute walk into town.

Good location just outside of the center, nice quiet room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Fitness area did not fit more than two people at a time. Claiming to have one was an exageration,

Good location just outside of the center, nice quiet room

Good hotel services, but enough space to improve it!

Non-functional kitchen. Late change (by request after 6 days) of the bed linjerie. Unacceptable variation of prices, from 160 to 800 CHF next day.

Refurbished room, nice design.

Lovely personnel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Far from the centre. Always have to bypass the central train station. Main traffic road at the door. Not a nice quarter of town. Small and hard bed.

Lovely personnel.

very clean, very spacious, very friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

free wifi was very slow... room very warm/ac didn't work so good. felt spiral spring in matrass..

very clean, very spacious, very friendly staff. Lazy check-out on sunday a big plus! (until 17h). Ticket for public transport, lovely shower/bathroom.

A great experience can visit Geneva for the second time in...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A great experience can visit Geneva for the second time in two years. This is the first time can enjoy a satisfactory service stay at NH Geneva City. To meet on another occasion !

quite nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a little bit noise during the night (something like air conditioning, but I turned it off already)

confort room, close to the tram 14 and 18, very convenient

Very Comfortable and well appointed hotel in a very good location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

TV reception was a bit flakey Wifi dropped out occasionally

Room was comfortable and modern Shower was excellent with plenty of hot and colder water Location was excellent with easy access into the old town or to the UN area. Supermarket and a couple of restaurants near by made having food and beer in room quite cheap

Bright, clean room. Good price. Nice stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Missing bedside reading light, door that constantly got stuck and somes chips on the furniture. Not as close to the centre as I expected, but trams and buses were excellent.

Clean, bright room, well designed.

the room size was good 50m2
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

no one to handle your items and no way to enter the hotel with elevator only stairs which hard with baby stroller oe any disabillity person

the room size was good 50m2

Nice clean hotel not too far from UN building.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Free wifi was quite slow. There is option for premium wifi for 10 EUR per 24h.

Nice clean hotel not too far from UN building. Good breakfast and nice clean room. Nearby are several restaurants and supermarket. Bus stop nearby and good connection to railway station, UN and WMO buildings.

perfect stay in a busy city. close to amenities, quiet and value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there wasn't anything to dislike

The hotel was lovely, staff very friendly. our room was very comfortable, clean and the bed was very comfy. Loved having the windows wide open and sitting there looking out having a glass of wine. very nice and good location.

Hotel was in a good quiet location and was only a short walk to the tram stop
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bedroom was light bright and airy and was nice to have a balcony. Bathroom was on the small side but had everything you needed. Breakfast was good value.

the lady in the reception “ Sara “ she is very kind and...
    • Family Room

the location, and no one helping with the bags.

the lady in the reception “ Sara “ she is very kind and helpful, she smiling all the time and help us me and my wife a lot about the locations and tram. 10/10 for her and her colleagues.

Very nice very very clean and very very polite staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They wrote children under 12 years are free of chars in booking.com if they use existing bed, but they asked me to pay 90 euro more for my son who is 5 years old!!! But after follow up hotel manager paid back exceptionally( after my several follow up and claim)

Very nice very very clean and very very polite staff They gave us free public transportation card( Bus, train, yellow boat) it was enough fir visit of all points of city

It was OK, but pricey
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was TINY (as in, we could barely fit all of our luggage in there), and the bathroom was small and not the best quality. We paid quite a bit for the room and were under the impression that it was 4-stars, but it didn't really seem like it.

The staff in the hotel was very helpful and accommodating

Okay

It was Easter and there were only three items available from Room Service none which I found appealing. The selection of food was disappointing. The staff was pleasant but for one highly aggressive male employee who made me feel somewhat unsafe and threatened.

The room was better than expected but not ideal

Good value for money with excellent staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is near city center but still needs to take bus or tramway.

This hotel would have been 5 stars if location was in city center. Staff was amazingly supportive and all time smiling. Bravo!

Nice hotel near to city centre and few minutes travelling to the Airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In the bathroom the hetaing regulator was no good. Although the breakfast was excellent, it was too expensive.

Nice and clean room with comfortable beds. It is near to the bus/tram stop, from which you can reach easily the Gare Cornavin or the Airport. The hotel offers delicious breakfast.

Highly recommend this hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was absolutely stunning, beautiful and clean. We had such a lovely stay and will certainly return one day.

Room nice modern and clean

Very smelly bedroom/bathroom Seemed to be pipes / drain smells Reported to reception No action No follow up Had to open all windows to air room late at night Bed was lumpy/ hard and uncomfortable Sheets were very itchy and unpleasant No restaurant

Room nice modern and clean

average
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Forgot to put coffee in room and clean coffee station also there was no milk which was surprising good central links but not as good as overall on internet suggested

good location and nice reception staff

Hotel very nice, rooms excellent; breakfast disappointing.

Breakfast was ridiculously expensive even by Geneva standards – £26 each. Even bigger problem was that because the hotel was not busy the hot food was not replenished sufficiently and to stop it drying up the heaters on the buffet bar had obviosuly been turned down. The hot food was therefore barely warm. Snowing outside and cold so cold eggs, bacon and sausage very disappointing start to the day as the quality of the ingredients was actually good. The cold cuts, cereals, etc., were fine. We didn't breakfast second day – and that was before we knew the cost!

Bedroom was clean, modern, well equipped and beautiful comfortable bed Hotel decor was new and contemporary Lots of seating areas in main areas Pleasant breakfast area

Ok but not as expected
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room size is no more than 12 sq meter although they claim standard size is 18 sq meter. Therefore it is cramped especially for two adults There was very bad smell in the bathroom all the time!!! The cost for breakfast is outrageous even for Switzerland Cleanliness is not consistent

Location is excellent

Marble hall hotel in business district, yet still friendly, good room facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast so ridiculously expensive that no point on it even being on offer. Appeared to be primarily a business hotel so felt a bit funny in our jeans and hiking boots, although staff were nice to us anyway. Radiator behind the heavy curtains so this affected our comfort when the Beast from the East arrived and temperatures -20 so we needed extra duvet which was no problem.

Comfortable bed, a fridge for our cheeses and good tea-making facilities. Not in the city centre but free and speedy local transport. City centre is noisy with some vagrants so better to be in this nice neighbourhood. Friendly staff. Lovely marble hallway.

Great place, would stay here again without a doubt.

Everything was top notch

Lovely room. Perfect location and staff were EXCELLENT, especially Sara. Thank you! We also got a free travel card which was amazing