Reviews of NH Geneva Airport Hotel 4 stars

Avenue de Mategnin 21, 1217 Geneva, Switzerland

#53 of 95 hotels in Geneva

• Standard Twin Room

La madame de la reception woman (45 years old more o less) very unfriendly,so when u arrive to the hotel and somebody is unfriendly in the front desk....is not good. Sauna 2 mts for 50cm Sala sport, durty and 4mts for 4mts

Le cafe

• Standard Twin Room

Smell of people smoking outside in the reception . They should keep some diffusers or air fresher .

The breakfast was excellent . Very varied and beautifully presented . One of the best buffets surprisingly .

• Standard Twin Room

Showers don’t close properly so water leaks and it’s very slippery . Aircon full power but was quite hot in the room

Shuttle every 20 min from/to airport , spotless rooms

Insufficient water pressure for shower. Uncomfortable desk chair. Quality of food (dinner) below expectations

Cleanness of room and property. Friendliness of staff

• Standard Twin Room

Three very simple things: (i) it was impossible to connect with the WiFi in the room, (ii) the shuttle was not available early in the morning - my flight was early, (iii) because I could not connect my cel phone in the hotels internet, I could not call an UBER to take me to the airport early in the morning. For this reason I asked the hotel receptionist to book a taxi for me. In the following morning, when I arrived at the reception desk, the taxi had not been booked! Extremely annoying!!!!!!

• Standard Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't check in until 4pm having landed at 8am that morning.

I liked the location. Easy access to the tram. Staff were very helpful and polite. Breakfast was nice.

Room service after 10:30/pm wasn't available , except for what they called Peninis (?)

Erika deserves a raise. She makes it clear she loves her job, is very professional/genuinely friendly. Breakfast time most welcoming & service was excellent, with a lot of variety well spread out.

• Standard Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel is old, the rooms were not clean (we found a big ball of someone’s hair as we arrived). We had a room for 3 and the third bed was not even well made.

Close to the airport

• Standard Twin Room

They offer a free shuttle to the airport; however it doesn’t start taking hotel guests until later in the morning. When we left the hotel at 5:00 am, there were ten taxis picking up hotel guests. They should start their service early to accommodate their guests.

It was within taxi distance to the airport. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

A nicer relaxing terraza would have been good outside. The cars drive throuhg now.. No nearby restaurants, cafés etc..

Bed was good for good sleep. Would have liked to have cafeterias, restaurants etc around the hotel. Friendly stuff. Good breakfast! Transfer worked well.

• Standard Twin Room

Didn’t like the storage for my bike I would have preferred a lockable cage or cupboard or container . However my bike was safe in underground car park locked to the bicycle stand .

Very friendly service . Easily accessible from the airport . Bike storage area could have felt more secure . The restaurant was light and airy and was well attended . The room was clean the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was perfect . Large tv , a safe and equipped fridge iif desired . All perfect for our overnight stop . We also got a free tram pass to get into Geneva . The Tram stop was very close as was the local Lidl supermarket .

The beds were rather hard.

Staff was really helpful: they provided band aids, a lot of information on the public transport, ... Good food at the restaurant, stable wifi, ...

• Standard Twin Room

Mulch in the curtains Unhealthy air coming from the airconditioning Problems with the shower Problems with the room key card every single day

Good location Nice hotel Kind staff Nice but extremely small gym

1. I was leaving at 7am but there was no porter to help with luggage as he didn’t start until 7.15 . 2. The Shuttle bus only went too and from arrivals. I had to order a taxi for my return to the airport for departure, i thought this service was not as advertised and very poor !

Comfy room

• Standard Twin Room

For the price (more than €400 per night just for the room without breakfast or anything else for that matter), facilities and amenities could have been better. Unless it is necessary, I would never ever return to this hotel. It is run just by the book, as guest you feel like a number in a factory to get through and pay. There is nothing personal.

• Family Room

I booked a 9 day stay which was NOT non-refundable, yet a week before the stay it became non-changeable, essentially non-refundable. The hotel did not even let me shorten my stay due to urgent family reasons, unless I paid the full stay anyway. They blamed booking, booking points to them ... I made 3 attempts, direct and through booking.com, clearly booking.com din't want to loose its comission on a 4000 € stay. Well, booking.com lost all my future business and that of my company. Hotel is focussed on one-time only Geneva conference visitors, which they can charge 700 €/night not expecting to every see them again. Take their money and run !!!

Wifi was poor, hotel is facing a roof full of cellphone antena's blasting you all night, restaurant is not worth mentioning... Their occasionally was excellent breakfast service, but often the eggs has too much salt to be enjoyable.

• Standard Twin Room

You may need detailed instructions to find the hotel as it's a 15 mins walk from the nearest tram stop. There are no restaurants or entertainment around (only a McDonalds). We chose this hotel as central Geneva hotels were a lot more expensive and we booked a guided tour in CERN which was only 4-5 tram stops away from the place.

Check-in was easy. It's a classical business hotel close by the airport. Facilities were new. Room and bathroom were spacious. The best thing was the free public tranport card they gave us to use during our stay. It saved some money and was a quite nice surprise.

• Standard Twin Room

I never met such a rude, impatient of shutter bus driver! He will ruin down the reputation of this hotel! The driver is the bald white man Also no provide free bottle of water! So means they are too commercial !

Staffs in restaurant very nice

• Standard Twin Room

On my arrival, I was supposed to get a free Swiss transport pass for the entire period of my stay. I kind of forgot this information as I was extremely exhausted from a long flight. When on the next morning one of my coworkers (who was staying at a different hotel) mentioned it, I went to the reception and asked for it. The receptionist herself was surprised that I was not offered the card upon my arrival. Then I recollected that the guy who received me the previous day was not particularly cooperative and kind of showed disinterest to provide me enough support during my check-in. I had asked him a couple of questions about the time of the shuttle service to and from the airport and other things, all of which he had ignored and kept on working on his computer. Other than him, the rest of the reception staff who I have come across (all of whom were women) were very polite and helpful.

The room and the bathroom were very clean and comfortable. The complementary airport shuttle was an extremely helpful service. Recommended for both personal and professional trips.

Had difficulty getting from airport to the hotel, as we were not explained where to look for the shuttle, so we just had to take a taxi.

Welcoming reception. Offered free tickets for public transport for all 3 of us and explained how to use public transport. Free shuttle to airport every 20 minutes. Excellent breakfast. Very comfortable beds.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing to comment on because you have a great hotel... keep up the great service!

People at the front desk very pleasant and helpful... Room very clean Shuttle to airport was great service

• Standard Twin Room

Everything was extra charged, since a simple coffee in the lobby or even the amount announced in booking was different from what you really pay. There is fees per day staying there.

Staff

• Standard Twin Room

The price I gave was bit expensive and at that price, breakfast was not included. You need to pay extra for it so be careful at the time of booking.

Location, provided you have work around Geneva Airport region, breakfast was very good but not included in the room charges, there are options for it also. Metro station is walking distance from the hotel. There is a petrol pump with the general store to buy daily routine items also. If you working in CERN or to attend anything in CERN, this is indeed a very good place to stay. It is expensive if booked close to your days so if you have confirmed plans do book in advance to get best possible rates.

• Standard Twin Room

Louder aeroplane noise than expected and not particularly friendly or helpful staff.

Free airport transfer (but would be free on public transport anyway). Close to tram stop.

• Standard Twin Room with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

Pillows were very soft. Even with 3 pillows it wasn’t enough to get a good height for sleep

Very convenient location, friendly staff, free public transportation tickets was a Bonus. Free shuttle to airport

• Standard Twin Room

Surprisingly the breakfast was not included, and it costs about 30 Euros per person

Nice and confortable bed. Close to transportation to the city center ( 10 min away from city center )

Room was very warm and hard to cool down opening windows resulted in a lot of noise

Comfy beds cleanliness and friendly check in and shuttle from airport receiving an upgrade on return visit was lovely surprise

• Standard Twin Room

Better is not the right word. Substandard hygiene. Hairs, lots of them on the bathroomfloor, hairs in the bathtub. Molds, lots of them. I took pics and showed them to reception staff. This is unacceptable.

Staff overall pro and friendly

Being charged 5CF for a mug of milk for my baby I thought was a bit excessive and seeing as it came out of the coffee machine, should have been complimentary.

Very comfortable room for a pit stop stay. Fabulous breakfast and great to have the complementary shuttle service to the airport and travel passes into Geneva itself.

• Standard Twin Room

11:40pm was the last shuttle, which I thought the shuttle was 24 hours. I must have misread. We had to take a 24 euro taxi.

The front desk staff was very polite abd helpful. The breakfast was glorious with many choices. We were even able to take sandwiches for lunch on the train. We took the free shuttle to the airport for the train.

• Standard Twin Room

Very convenient to GVA airport. However this also means it is located right by the incoming flight path (but as Switzerland requires flight arrivals to end before 11pm, not too big a detriment to sleep). Comfortable beds and very good WiFi connection. Convenient airport shuttle took less than 10 minutes door to door.

Could really say we had anything bad to say about the accommodation

Helpful staff, very nice set up in the room as it was our anniversary weekend away.

• Standard Twin Room

charged twice for room. not very happy. given the round around for nearly 3 weeks to get it sorted Lovely lady Evelyne Samson eventually sorted this yesterday for me.

Slightly differ from pictures. Room is on the ground floor and so i didnt dare to open the window. Water splash out through the gap of the shower glass when showering.

• Standard Twin Room

faulty sanitary facilities/shower leaked badly/toilet seat was thin plastic...slipping on the ceramic bowl/

shuttle service, friendly staff, swift booking process

It just does not have the smart demeanor of a 4 star like the Crowne Plaza, primarily because of the rather dated lobby and restaurant. We had dinner there the first night and while the prices are as high as any other place, the overall quality and presentation of food was more like a cheap diner - avoidable! One quick thing that did seem odd was that there was no complimentary water bottle in the room. That has never happened before and, not wanting to partake the rather pricey minibar, I was forced to go down to the dispenser in the lobby at 11 in the night! Also, we spent minimal time in the hotel, but the area is pretty remote and nondescript.

The rooms were well appointed with plenty of storage. The bath was particularly nice, with good toiletries. The beds were clean and comfortable, though not as plush as I would have preferred. I was quite impressed by the staff - when a charger i borrowed did not work, the receptionist herself came to the room with alternative devices and helped me set up. The breakfast was one of the nicest in Geneva ( and I visit often!) with options beyond the usual ( a prompt egg station!) and friendly, cheerful attendants. The shuttle works like clockwork and reaching the airport is not a struggle. There is a tram station about 10 minutes from the hotel. At the time I stayed, it was extreme vfm.

• Standard Twin Room

The location as it's not that close to the airport if you're travelling by bus with a suitcase. And the bedroom view

The room was amazing clean and comfortable with great space and having a shuttle bus take you to the airport

There is only warm air heating in the rooms and no AC. I turned mine off yet it was still emitting warm air. I tried to open a window and the handle just turned full circle. The most uncomfortable night's sleep I've had for a long time. They made a gesture of goodwill and gave me 20% off the rate which was high enough as it was.

Close to airport and regular free shuttle service.

Nil.

The Staff were so accomodating for my stay, they held onto my extra bag whilst I had to go to a conference before I arrived at the hotel, then I had to leave before the buffet started and they made me a gluten free lactose free box to go for me to eat at the airport! Never had a hotel go to these lengths before!

• Standard Twin Room

Further from airport than I assumed

Bed was great; staff better: Reception staffer found me a room with bath after midnight and then helped me up stairs with my bag

• Standard Twin Room

Prices - but in relation to Geneva in general, they were average.

Access to public transport (thank you for the tickets) and excellent shuttle service.

• Standard Twin Room

It was wayyyyyy over priced ! Like not even a little over priced , wayyy over priced , €32 per head for a breakfast & it wasn’t even a good breakfast , I’ve seen better in less hotels for €10 , once I got over the shock of what I had to pay , I realised there wasn’t a lot on offer A pint of Beer was €10 But the worst part was a 500ml bottle of water was €5 !! Ridiculous , not surprising the bar hasn’t great variety either , but sure how could ya pay for anything anyway!

I was there for the motor show , it was close to the airport and the palexpo , the shuttle bus brought us to the airport and Palexpo . That was handy

The view, but when you book a hotel in a city/airport location it’s not going to be great. :)

A real gem. Nice hotel and all the staff were fantastic!! Breakfast was expensive but there was a huge choice and it was very tasty.

• Standard Twin Room with Extra Bed

Nice room. Comfy bed. Free shuttle from and to the airport. Walking distance to the tram stop. We were given free tram|train coupons to the city. Quiet area n nice green surrounding. Friendly staffs.

• Standard Twin Room

Woken at 08.15 by cleaning lady. 10 minutes later a bed in the room next door slammed into the wall by staff. Thought lamps over bed we're going to fall off the wall. Very noisy.

Not a lot

• Standard Twin Room

Wasn't impressed that the room wasn't as I'd booked - twin with an extra bed we got a double bed and an extra bed. The reception staff had no recollection of this request until I told them they'd confirmed by email then they did. Others in our party had booked the same and got a twin + 1. The most awful pillows on the pull out bed why they are a different standard of pillow to the normal bed I don't know. Room only set up for 2 and not 3, i.e. 2 cups, 2 slippers, 2 bathrobes etc etc.

The double bed was lovely and the standard otherwise was good. Excellent cleanliness. Would stay again but not ever add a 3rd bed to the room. see comments below on 3rd bed Bar staff attentive and friendly.

• Standard Twin Room

Only herbal and black tea and the shower door tended to not close sufficiently and led to water on the floor.

The bed was very comfy and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Standard Twin Room

The shuttle of the hotel starts at 5.30 or 6.00am, we need to take a taxi for early flights

Good reception, clean and confortable room/ bed. Located close to the airport.

The hotel is old and worn-out. Really very basic.. I have the strong impreesion that the owners are milking the last Siss Franc out of it. Not worth your money

NH Geneva Airport Hotel is OK if you are looking for a hotel very close to the airport.. But basically that is it...

• Standard Twin Room

Great place to stay if you want to be near the airport as has complimentary shuttle. They also give you a free travel card if you want to travel into the centre of Geneva as I did since I had a spare afternoon. That was a great touch and the front desk personnel where extremely helpful. Nice and clean and perfect for what I needed. Great value. I didnt have the breakfast as was checking out too early however they apparently do have some small items complimentary. I would use this hotel again for sure if traveling through Geneva.

• Standard Twin Room

the glass windows and doors in reception were a tad dirty, hardly a fault. This place is conveniently located with a free shuttle buss from the airport!

located between Geneva city centre and the large hadron collider which was perfect for me :) I had a great time here

• Standard Twin Room

The floor in the room 402 calls for urgent replacement. The aircrafts flying over hotel are loud. Super expensive breakfast, but this is Swiss I guess (did not buy)

Good location together with shuttle bus running every 20 min for fly in, fly out 1 day stay.

• Standard Twin Room

We found the breakfast and snack prices very high and not in line with UK prices so had to abandon using this service. Not able to use the morning shuttle as are plan took off at 7.00am, hotel shuttle did not start to 7.00 am

That we were able to pick up the hotel shuttle bus at the air port with in 30min

• Standard Twin Room with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

There was no conditioner in the room. The children were given colour inc books at breakfast (great!) but the staff did not have any colours (not their fault!)

The breakfast staff where very nice! We had three beds in our room for three (I stayed with 2 children) which was great.

• Standard Twin Room

To be able to control the very warm room temputure

Compared to uk hotels the breakfast was very expensive, considering that we paid a above average price for just the room. ( disappointing) Other than that, the hotel was very good, and will use it again, but not the breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

Because I had broken arm, I requested help with my luggage (3 pieces including skis) from my room to the shuttle. Was promised assistance, but after 10 minutes no one came. Had to carry everything myself.

NIce and quiet plus good wifi, spacious rooms

• Standard Twin Room

Slow check in, seemed rather complicated compared with Ibis hotel earlier in our break. Restaurant in hotel only just adequate, and rather expensive.

Comfortable large well equipped room. Nice hotel. Exceptional breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms are a great size and exceptionally clean. The staff were incredibly helpful and the free transfer to the airport was much appreciated. The tram stop to get into the city centre is close to the hotel and free public transport passes were given to us by the hotel staff. This is a perfect place to stay if you're spending a day in Geneva and flying out the next day.

The plastic flowers on the table in the restaurant. Bathroom small. The room was too hot even after turning off the heating and when I tried to open the window the handle came off in my hand. Got the window open but too noisy to leave it ajar.

Clean, staff attentive and responsive. Reacted straightaway when told about faulty window. General facilities good.

• Standard Twin Room

First day we asked if we can pay hotel in euros but we haven't been warned that they will charge us 10% additionally for conversion fee.

Hotel have free shuttles to/from airport every 20min. It is good value for the price (especially considering prices of hotels in Geneva). It is located bit outside of city but you will spent only 15-20 min to commute to the downtown by public transport.

• Standard Twin Room

It was my boss who stayed in this hotel. There was a problem with the check in but the important thing is they solved the problem accordingly and efficiently.

Breakfast staff was too pushy to fill their guest feedback survey and not the actual guest , I recieved it in the middle of my meal. Not all of the items on the buffet had tags on.

• Standard Twin Room

Had to wait 15-20 minutes to check in while there was only one customer and 3 people at the counter. One busy chatting with customers, 2 doing god knows what and not friendly at all They tried to put restaurants charges that were not mine, good job I checked Had to wait quite a while to get the shuttle from the airport, definitely more than the announced 15 minutes Bed not great

The restaurant was good with friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

Electrical socket was hanging loose by the wall, scary to touch. The kettle’s on/off button didn’t function properly: it started boiling right when it was on its stand and didn’t turn off before you lifted it.

Great location for early flights: 10 mins to the airport (especially convenient if you need the French sector). Gas station is also nearby. The room was good and comfortable for the three, beds and pillows were perfect. Clean and nice.

• Standard Twin Room

Space for bath is VERY tiny (I'm not big or fat, just average) and water leakages to the bathroom floor. Prices for delivering food (6CHF) was high in my opinion, and food in general a little too expensive

I liked the installations in general, the elevator surprised me with the speed of availability. I was in the 4th floor and never waited more than few seconds. Room is comfortable and well equipped. Bathroom is fine, but not as good as the rest

The breakfast was far too expensive (34 CHF) The hotel is nice but it is wedged in beside supermarkets and the views are awful.

Comfortable bed. Good sized room. Shuttle to/from the airport. Close to the tram line. They give a free travel pass (great!).

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing really, all good. Breakfast was very expensive so I made other arrangements

Staff very helpful and friendly. Comfortable bed and room. Free shuttle Bus from the airport

• Standard Twin Room

The bed was extremely comfortable and the early bird coffee, juice and croissants were a real bonus. Our stay was only a stopover but very enjoyable indeed!

The surroundings of the location were not very attractive. The price of the breakfast is too high. About 15 / 20 sfr is reasonable, 34 sfrs is far too much.

Allthough the "excellent room"is quite small , it had everything a guest needs. The bed was good , the bathroom with bath ok , it had a safe , minibar , a small desk with chair and a big chair. There was enough room in the cupboards. The airportshuttle is very convenient The location is near the airport. Free public transport , if you ask the reception

• Standard Twin Room

Having stayed at the Ibis and Nash hotels on previous stopovers at Geneva, I was apprehensive as to what to expect at the NH as the price was very good compared to the former two. I need not have worried. The hotel shuttle from the airport arrived within 5 minutes, check in at reception was quick and easy, and the staff very friendly and welcoming. The room was big, comfy and immaculately clean. We ate in the restaurant; food and service were excellent. All in all an excellent stay, and I wouldn’t hesitate to book again on my next trip to Geneva.

No early shuttle bus and a buzzing noise in our room

Stayed at this hotel due to having an early flight in the morning and the free shuttle service. Even though flights at the airport start at 6 the shuttle did not commence to get people to early flights and we paid over 40 CHF to drive 10 mins to the airport - which made our stay at the hotel very poor value for money

• Standard Twin Room

Shuttle bus wasn't easy to locate at airport (best to ask to be sure). We thought it was too expensive to eat at the hotel, but there were plenty of alternatives for eating out.

Very good standard of accommodation in a convenient location. Easy to get to city from here (on tram and tram stop is very close ) and airport (by shuttle bus).

• Standard Twin Room

The fact that on the booking.com website it was written that breakfast is included, but in fact it wasn’t, and we had to pay for it €60.

Everything was good, shuttle drives regularly from the hotel to the airport.

• Standard Twin Room with Extra Bed

Comfy bed, good size room for triple, friendly staff liked the little touches of water at reception. Great location for airport and found a lovely Italian restaurant 10 mins walk. Efficient shuttle service which starts at 5.50am, ideal for the early traveller. All in all a pleasant stopover.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff could have been more helpful with information about how to get to town and about. Also the bar in the room should have a notice that the items are for sale, very pricy and not complimentary. That was really not nice.

The shuttle service to the airport was very good. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were polite.