Reviews of Résidence du Chamossaire 3 stars

#16 of 19 hotels in Leysin

Based on 190 apartment reviews

Ridiculously POOR
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

There were couples of things which made my vacation very disappointing. Firstly, when I arrived Leysin, it was very inconvenient to walk nearly half an hour to just pick the key up. Secondly, there was no one from the hotel who could help at the place where I lived in. Thirdly, I wasn't given a wifi password when I checked in and I ended up paying for a call to get the code. The biggest problem is that wifi connection was ridiculously weak and slow. I had no other solution but to purchase a mobile sim card for network. Fourthly, the amenities in the apartment were very insufficient and quality was extremely bad. There was only one roll of toilet paper for a week due to the fact that the housekeeper only came once during my entire two-week stay. Also, the mattress was hard like a rock. Fifthly, housekeeping was not done well. Basically, nothing was done: bed wasn't made, toilet wasn't cleaned, toilet paper wasn't changed. AND MORE...

Very pleasent and would go back again
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Although close to slopes a bit of work to get on them as up hill walk of 150m. Town down hill so a taxi needed to get back but only 10chf

We knew the area so the key collection was easy with a lift up the hill to the property provided. Location , balcony and view were all good, Shower worked well

Very good although kitchen needs refitting
    • Family Large One-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen poorly equipped. Ancient oven & hob, limited cooking pots & pans.

Location, parking & lift very convenient, good floor area, good bathroom & shower.

Very clean and well maintained.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very clean and well maintained. Good location, near to cable cars and train station. Very friendly and helpful staff. Check in 2 stations away but we were allowed to check out conveniently without having to go to the office. We truly enjoyed our stay here.

It's ok for the price. Could improve with small detail.
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

Limited hot water. Sofa bed really noisy. Small extra duvet (single duvet for 2 people). Sheets smelled old/like been closed for ages.

It is a nice flat and a good location, rooms are spacious and have fridge, oven, etc... view from the montains are quite good but from the height the city is located I reckon anywhere you are the view will be fantastic. However be aware that hot water is limited hence if traveling with family need to be careful to not use all the hot water in one go. Also the duvet for the extra bed(sofa bed) was for a single even though knowing two people would sleep in there, a bit disappointed as the reception was not contactable when we identified this. The sofa bed is not as great (ok it's a sofa bed) but it's so noisy that if you think of moving it will make a noise already! Pretty hard to sleep like that.

good base for excursions in Berner Oberland
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

Leysin is well located for Excursion towards Gstaad, summer prices were competitive for Switzerland, a little outlived interior but still nice, overall clean, well equipped kitchen, try to get a higher floor for view, ours was partially reduced by another building right below.

If only the place was as great as the view...
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Building is super run down. Things are broken right, left and center. Dishwasher in our apartment was out of order. Heater / boiler didn't function well. There was instruction to turn the boiler on, on the back of the door saying "pull the switch to green in the locker near the entrance" but we searched every nook and corner - no locker with a switch to turn green. And the contact number provided was going on voice mail, so couldn't seek any help either. Enjoyed a truly cold shower after a long time :). The place can be a bit small for families. Limited kitchenware. Wifi didn't work at all.

Best thing undoubtedly is the balcony and the view from the apartment. We arrived late - long after reception was closed (which apparently is little farther from the property), which was a boon given the keys were left at the property itself. Figuring out took a few mins - but everything was okay and in fact i loved not going back and forth to the reception. The hosts had good remote connection informing stuff in detail and sharing all the charges they were making on the credit card ahead of making it. You get holiday discount cards for everyone which could come in handy if you are staying longer in the area and doing some activities.

Love Leysin! Hotel should have reception on site!
    • Studio

Collecting the keys from reception in a location at the bottom of the village (with no car) was very inconvienant and wasted more than an hour of time on a beautiful day. Reception staff should be on location for arrival of guests during certain times to make it more welcoming and easier for guests. Everything else was good.

Helpful hosts and spacious, comfortable apartment
    • Family Large One-Bedroom Apartment

Using the laundry facilities provided was very inconvenient. I booked with this residence because I had a limited amount of time during my stay, and laundry facilities were provided on site. However, they cannot be used without first obtaining a key card from another office on the opposite side of town which is down the mountain. My schedule during my stay did not afford me any extra time to run errands and therefore I was not able to use the laundry.

Everything was ready for us upon arrival. Although there is no staff on location, I found the key box and apartment room just as described. Also, the hosts were kind enough to deliver an iron for us to use just in time for the special events we traveled you attend.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Comfortable, well-located apartment with breathtaking view
    • Family Large One-Bedroom Apartment

The walk to check-in was pretty long and a bit of a nightmare! The room was fine for three of us, but if six people were to stay there (advertised as the maximum number), it would be a seriously tight squeeze.

Really nice room, beautiful view, great coffee machine, lots of towels, lovely balcony.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

the lovely place, very comfort, the staff is well organized.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

no wifi in the apartment. There is still some plante and kitchenette in the dishwasher, no fully cleaned room before I arrived.

the lovely place, very comfort, the staff is well organized.

Very convenient, with all necessary comfort
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

Decoration is a bit dated...

Very convenient, with all necessary comfort

it good

it good

Location, view and cleanliness
    • Family Large One-Bedroom Apartment

WiFI cuts off a lot and last day, we did not have any WiFi at all.

Location, view and cleanliness

Quiet and comfortable
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

Reception to pay deposit and drop off keys is a long way away. No reception staff at all at property

The view. Close to public transport.

View

Very old

View

fair place to stay in Leysin
    • Studio

furniture worn out mattress not comfortable

Location and view

View of the Alps, balcony facing the mountains.
    • Family One-Bedroom Apartment

Difficulty finding office to check in

View of the Alps, balcony facing the mountains. Elevator from parking garage to the unit

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Non expensive and comfortable apartments in mountains.
    • Family Large One-Bedroom Apartment

4 duvets for 6 person. Furniture is enough old.

Underground parking. New kitchen equipment. View.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Size of the room, very spacious and possibility to cook

Size of the room, very spacious and possibility to cook

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Good apartment for family trip
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not easy to find the location from train station

Easy self check in.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

No customer service, you can seek help from no one!

An unattended place.

I enjoyed the view from the balcony

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Value 4 $

Non

Good for relaxing. Great for family

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

nice view in mountains

old equipment, very poor

nice view in mountains

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

No reception but very organised way of getting the kew.

Internet didn't work that well. Not all the vouchers we were promised were there, but we we didn't have time to use them, so it didn't matter.

No reception but very organised way of getting the kew. Spacey apartment, very well equipped. Beautiful view!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Easy to acess, hassle free, tidy, close to train station,...

It was a shame they didn't supply matches to light the oven, or let us know we needed to bring our own ignition for it.

Easy to acess, hassle free, tidy, close to train station, roomy and pleasant

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

While not the prettiest building outside, nice location...

The only one thing letting down the place were the poor quality under sheets on the bed (I've always found Swiss establishments usually provide very high quality bedding), however despite this one minor thing we all got a great nights sleep.

While not the prettiest building outside, nice location overlooking village centre and not too far. Price/quality by Swiss standards is excellent. I didn't give staff full marks as I had no contact during my overnight stay with any staff (automatic check in/out) except one cleaning lady on our arrival who was all smiles and quickly showed us how to turn on lights in common area outside apartment. Would definitely return/recommend for anyone looking to save money and not looking for luxury.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Good location, not far from the ski lift, however you still...

When we arrived, it was not cleaned properly, took 4 days to get someone to clean it, the bathroom was smelly, everything seems not well washed or cleaned: towels, bathtub curtain.

Good location, not far from the ski lift, however you still need to take a car. Excellent view from the balcony. Well equipped kitchen, not modern but it has everything to stay for a week with small kids.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

lovely view from the balcony, in fact lovely balcony.

Never saw a single member of staff all the time we were there. First day the water ran out, I had taken a shower and accidentally hit the hot tap the same time, bit silly of me really. We went out at 11 am and came back at 3... no hot water at all. None all evening, We boiled about 30 kettles and boiled water on the hob for a bath that night, must have cost them loads . So stupid, we tried to contact someone but could only email, the next day they replied and said you get one tank of hot water a day, once you use it it's gone.The apartment is for 4 people, I have no idea what they do? Crazy. Hot water turned on again about 3 am, Location so far from any supermarkets. We have stayed in leysin about 5 times before, this was our least fav residence.

lovely view from the balcony, in fact lovely balcony. Close enough to the station to walk but with suitcases really you need a taxi. Decent beds and furniture, fully equipped kitchen. Lift to floors good. If you are skiing and a bit younger this would be great for you. Just be frugal with any water you use. Good price.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

This is my 3rd or 4th stay.

This is my 3rd or 4th stay. I love the simple and hastle free check in, location, view, kitchen, balcony, size, reliable wifi....... I love everything about this place!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

The apartment was very clean and we loved the view!

The apartment was very clean and we loved the view! We only stayed one night but everything was there for a longer stay! The reception was closed, but we found the key as described in the email. We were sad to leave!!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

No reception no staff dark n gloomy no wifi working - Staff...

No reception no staff dark n gloomy no wifi working - Staff at the reception was kind of rude. TV was not working staff on site try no help we stayed for 2 days without TV the staff on reception the day of check out at 10 o clock ask us to leave or will charge us for one day. I am very upset not recommend at all.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Beautiful area.

I wasn't informed which unit in the residence was the one we would actually be renting. When we arrived, there was no key waiting and no one to assist. It was frustrating and confusing.

Beautiful area. We had a swift positive response when we requested to change the date we arrived.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

Excellent location with view of the Alpes from the hotel!

I don't have negative remarks. I will definetly look for this location if I will have the chance to go again in Switzerland in the future!

Excellent location with view of the Alpes from the hotel! Everything was perfect: nice staff, clean room, wifi...

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

the views were spectacular, I think this would be better for...

the road up to the appartment was long and up the side of a mountain so unless you are staying in the resort to ski it's a bit of a journey to get anywhere

the views were spectacular, I think this would be better for a skiing holiday as it's very near the cable car.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Close to the Top Pub Bar and Fedeys, next to train station.

Lost the password note and could never get on the wifi in the end (Had 4G on my phone). Suggest framing the password on the wall.

Close to the Top Pub Bar and Fedeys, next to train station. Has Wifi, nice living room and kitchen. Everything needed in the bathroom including towels.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

The whole experience was very good.

Location is a bit too far away from the cable car. Since I had a <5 year old kid I had to go with the car to the cable car every day. But even for adults walking back after skiing with skies uphill wouldn't be fun. This is perhaps the only thing which does not make these apartments perfect.

The whole experience was very good. Apartment was clean, comfortable with enough space and well equipped kitchen. We had a nice view from the balcony and lots of light in the morning.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Nice location & stunning views

Not enough power points in kitchen. One plug is not enough to power Microwave, jug & toaster all at once

Nice location & stunning views

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The views and the convenience to where family lived.

The Wi-Fi connection was poor.

The views and the convenience to where family lived.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The Reception was quite far in another building

The Reception was quite far in another building

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

location lovely, view nice, large room with good facilities

room wasnt completely clean, no reception or staff available, confusing set up on arrival

location lovely, view nice, large room with good facilities

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

Car was keyed while in the car park :-(

Car was keyed while in the car park :-(

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

the place was so nice

the bed wasn't so good and comfrotable

the place was so nice

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Good location and free parking.

Beds were not comfortable.

Good location and free parking.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Nothing much just free parking

No reception no staff dark n gloomy no wifi working etc

Nothing much just free parking

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

excellent place,beautiful location wish we had stayed longer...

no bad experience.

excellent place,beautiful location wish we had stayed longer next time going to stay longer.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

car park, spacious room, with very organised host

car park, spacious room, with very organised host

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

Very clean apartment.

Very clean apartment. Wonderful view from the balcony. Silent area. Fresh air. Full kitchen ware. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

Location!

no wifi!

Location!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Cleaness, comfortable and balcony view.

Small hot water for 5 person.

Cleaness, comfortable and balcony view.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

Couldn't make a phone call to reception

Couldn't make a phone call to reception

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

Nature is very beautiful in winter.

Nature is very beautiful in winter.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.