Reviews of Hotel Restaurant Resslirytti 3 stars

Theodorsgraben 42, 4058 Basel, Switzerland

#30 of 56 hotels in Basel

Poor start, reasonable finish.

My keycard did not work on arrival. No staff on duty. Restaurant manager very frustrated that this had become his problem. He regained his sang-froid, not a pleasant experience for me. Asked for a beer. Told we could not, then invited to sit outside where we were told we could. Manager eventually waived the charge.

The quality of the breakfast room and food were good.

Nice hotel though is need of air-conditioning during the summer months
    • Double or Twin Room

No air-conditioning in the middle of summer made for an uncomfortable stay. We also had to keep the windows shut at night since there were no fly-screens on the windows.

Helpful staff and clean rooms.

Fabulous
    • Double or Twin Room

It is in a superb location, it was nice to sit and watch everyone going about their normal business in the square, very clean,the beds comfortable and the staff really helpful and polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Brilliant hotel, very helpful stuff .
    • Double or Twin Room

Brilliant hotel, very helpful stuff . And I mean very very helpful . Free tickets around Basel , free river crossing tickets . Great breakfast . Amazing location . Definitely 5 star hotel for me!!! Can’t wait to Come back again !!!

Modern very clean good facilities and helpful and friendly...

Really needs air con during summer. Outside pizza restaurant is expensive and some unfriendly staff. Was told abruptly I couldn’t eat there on Saturday night as I hadn’t booked

Modern very clean good facilities and helpful and friendly hotel staff. Free Basel Card while you stay. Perfect location for tourist attractions but not close to the main train station, although easy with the tram

very good value for the price

There is no airco in the room, only a fan. For me it was not a problem but for some people I can imagine it can be hot during the summer.

Staff was really nice, breakfast is great, location is perfect. I really loved this place and would recommend it without hesitation.

Convenient and simple hotel in excellent location

Very odd cleaning situation - arrived at check in time to find my door open and toilet needing a clean. Didn't think too much of it but knock on door two hours later asking to clean my bathroom! I explained I was napping and would rather they came back later but was told they would be gone by then. Not sure why it wasn't cleaned before check In?

Excellent location for exploring both old town and little Basel. Right next to a tram and bus stop to get anywhere you need in the city. Short walk to the river abd park right next door, both lovely during the sunny weekend I was there

Close to city center, quiet room, very clean and interior...

Dimensions of the room might be slightly challenging if visitor does morning work-out :)

Close to city center, quiet room, very clean and interior details of the room was worked-out and finished in high level. Very small room, what in my situation was OK as I arrived late and and soon left after getting up.

One star or less

Ceiling has spider web and small dead bugs. Bathroom has only one 1oz tiny bottle for bath/shampoo combined. Front desk has no people most of the time. Room is very small.

Convenient location.

great location, very nice and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

That I had to walk additional stairs to get to/from the room. Very difficult with suitcase and when walking is difficult.

Wish there was a full size mattress in the room.

A small family hotel ideally situated for easy access to all the main attractions of Basel.
    • Double or Twin Room

All good apart from a minor issue with our tv which was resolved quickly.

Excellent location, only a few minutes to the historic centre on nearby tram (free ticket from the hotel for all tram and bus rides). Very clean. Spacious rooms (we had 204 and 206). Continental breakfast was a reasonably good selection with fresh fruit salad, meats, hard boiled eggs and fresh rolls & croissants.

Very well located hotel, in a quiet street within walking...

Very well located hotel, in a quiet street within walking distance to the city centre. Friendly staff, comfortable room, excellent price/quality relation and very clean. Definitely recommended.

A few things to consider

Rooms on the 4th floor are very narrow. I was not be able to stand properly due to slanted roof. Even walking around in the room is not easy.

location in walking distance to congress center

I stayed there for my short vacation.

I stayed there for my short vacation. The staff I the reception was excellently friendly! I enjoyed the breakfast a lot even though varieties were limited, what they were serving was great. There was a type of cookie in the breakfast I liked a lot and have not seen it anywhere else, never miss the chance to taste it! Outside it is covered with nuts and inside there are jams and dried fruits.. The location of the hotel is excellent, just 50mt to tram station with a free ticked provided by the hotel during my stay!! The hotel also provided special discounts on many many activities and a free ticket for ferry tour. My room was clean but needed more shampoo as I have long hair :) Basel itself was great and honestly speaking the hotel exceeded my expectations.. I wish I had one more day.. I will come again, hopefully!

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable(pillows could be improved) and apartament was big than i expected. They give a ticket for the public transport, which also gives 50% discount in 1 Museum in Basel. There is also a coffee and tee machine that can be used, that was a big help once we were both a bit unwell. The location is great, close to both stations and right in front a tram stop.

Brilliant bathroom equipped with sewing kit, which I had to...

Too warm in the room and too much traffic to have window open.

Brilliant bathroom equipped with sewing kit, which I had to use. Good location, a quick walk to everything in central Basel. The wonderful Kunstmuseum just across the bridge.

excellent value for money, friendly staff, convenient location, clean and comfortable.

reception is not staffed 24h, but I have rarely needed reception anyways for overnight business trips.

room was small, but very clean and well-appointed; also it is in a very convenient area of the town.

Great hotel, would stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

A lounge would be good, somewhere to sit and watch the world go by.

Wonderful comfortable beds,much needed after a days sightseeing, nice quiet breakfast room with the bonus of free tea and coffee all day. Good Italian style restaurant, not expensive by Swiss standards. Very pleasant helpful staff, great location right by the river, just a short walk over the bridge into town.

First time in Basel,, didn't realize what an amazing city it is.. soooo much to see and do...!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

That we didn't have time to stay longer.... But we'll be back...

Everything.. it is a great small, personal, family run hotel with a great staff.. Great location for tourist and business..

I would recommend the hotel to anyone and would not mind staying there again.

I liked everything.

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much. The breakfast was most enjoyable and the bed very comfortable. The room was cosy and I enjoyed the view from my room number 303. The staff was very friendly.

Really enjoyed it - excellent location beside many tram options.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was a little small.

Comfort of bed linen, duvet and pillows Helpfulness of staff Location of hotel near river for riverside walks restaurant looked very nice but we didn't get time to try it Free newspapers Good breakfast Free coffee all day - fantastic!

a lovely hotel located about 15 minutes walk from old town.
    • Double or Twin Room

a lovely hotel located about 15 minutes walk from old town. nice room, quiet, comforable bed, clean. tasty breakfast and excellent coffee. nice add the fact that you can enjoy the tasty coffee all day long until 6 p.m.:) helpfull and nice staff. if ever again in basel, I would chose the same hotel.

Superbe location, close to the tram but very quite.

The reception is not open 24/7, I had to call to get access via code etc, it took some time. The bed wasn't comfortable

Superbe location, close to the tram but very quite.

A fine hotel, friendly and courteous staff, simple but good,...

There was nothing I didn't like. However, it would be nice to have a drinking glass in the room. The one in the bathroom is intended for the toothbrush.

A fine hotel, friendly and courteous staff, simple but good, clean room, and excellent location right next to trams and buses, just across the bridge leading to Basel's excellent art museum. The staff provides guests with a free ticket for transportation within Basel city and even all the way to Basel-Mulhouse airport on day of departure. Breakfast is simple with no warm dishes (apart from boiled eggs), but the quality is overall good.

One of the cleanest places I have been.

The room (single) is a bit small, especially the bathroom, and it's a little complicate to move around. Accessibility is also a bit of a problem for people with reduced mobility (there is a lift, but some stair steps can not be avoided.

One of the cleanest places I have been. Compliment to the hotel management and the entire staff for this. The hotel is very close to the city centre (just the other side of the bridge) and is easy to reach. They actually give you a complimentary "all inclusive" public transportation ticket, so you can move around without worrying - and for free! The pizzeria is just fabulous (Swiss prices, be aware!) and the pizza was one of the best I had in Switzerland.The staff (hotel and restaurant) is all nice and welcoming and willing to help in everything they can. I really liked to be there, and will be my favourite place to be in Basel. The price was overall ok, but I don't know if during high season will actually be higher. Breakfast was fair, considering it was included in the price (usually, you have to pay it separately). The room was very quiet despite being on a busy street.

Excellent for short stay where accessibility and mobility is priority.

Breakfast was disappointing. I got better choices of menu when I was staying in a hotel with similar price range in Zurich.

Location was perfect. From most of the rooms, you can look outside your window and immediately see the very strategic tram stop where you can board either tram or bus to practically anywhere in both GrossBasel and KleineBasel. Excellent accesibility and quiet neighborhood.

very sweet and tiny hotel

No air conditioner but we dont need it because the weather was good No refrigerator No electric kettle for tea or coffee The elevator is between floors this is hard for big briefcase

The hotel close to tram stop The italian resturant in the hotel was very good The hotel gave us free ticks for tram and buses in bazel The hotel is 10 min by tram to the center of bazel Free WIFI

Most disappointing customer experience from the start

Annoyed with the lack of flexibility that the hotel showed when I tried to cancel my booking. I understand the room was not refundable, but other hotels have cancelled without charge although they have been none refundable when I've requested without any issues at all. Plus I tried to cancel minutes after I booked so it's not as if I had left the cancellation to the last minute. Although they offered to change the date of the room and charge me a higher price which I had to accept or else lose all my money paid for the room. Kind of backed into a corner. Given it is peak period I felt they could have made an exception. This completely dampened my experience from the very start. Then stood at reception for 10-15 mins when I turned up as no one was there. Room had not even been cleaned when I was taken up. It was still in the state that the last person left it. Generally a very disappointing experience - not worth what I paid. Not impressed.

Really great value for money.

Really great value for money. Nice rooms with good bathroom, good work-desk, and nice bed. Small rooms but have everything that you need. Great location as well.

Acceptable

My attic room was very small indeed.

In the context of expensive Switzerland it is good value at €90 Inc a good bfast and that silly city tax that they like to add on. They looked after my bike (though I don't know what they'd have done with a second!).

A Beautiful Serene Town By Rhein
    • Double or Twin Room

(1) Our room is very small but well designed. There is No air conditioning. However, our room is on the 2nd floor, a corner room with constant wind. It's tolerable and we had a good time. (2) Switzerland is a rich country., Everything is 2-3 times more expensive there.

(1) Switzerland's Infrastructure and the transportation is probably the Best in the world. They are on time, clean, and efficient. This hotel provides us free Travel Pass that we can hop on any bus or trains to get around anywhere around Basel. The trains and the buses provided real A/C. (2) The hotel is located 2 blocks from Rhein where we saw hundreds of people swam in hot summer days. Rhein is so clean. Most people speak English; they do respect their environment. (3) Excellent Services! They serve solid European Breakfast with good amount of baking goods and some fruit. The staff even reserved more eggs for me because I don't eat meat or cheese. (4) The hotel also owns its own restaurant that serves excellent lunches and dinners. Yelp review also gives them great ratings. We have tried other places and finally ended up eating there every day. (5) The staff from the hotel manager, the restaurant staff, to the maids are unusually friendly and helpful. (6) You have to visit MatrketPlatz on Wednesdays and Saturdays. You can see the real old fashion markets and get the real German bratwursts and sausages there. (7) We were happy to still get good McDonald value in Basel. We had great time and will stay in this hotel next time in Basel !

Great location, spacious and clean room; No A/C or fridge in room
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning and no number to call reception desk. No water or fridge in room.

Great, spacious room!! Very clean and comfortable bed and pillows.

This hotel was quite reasonably priced for Basel and was in...
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was extremely small, but it was workable. Make reservations ahead of time if you want to eat at the restaurant.

This hotel was quite reasonably priced for Basel and was in a central and convenient location. Once we arrived, we were able to walk everywhere else we wanted to go. Our accommodations did include free passes for public transportation during our stay, but the hotel was so centrally located, we found we didn't need them. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, breakfast was decent, and our room was small, but clean and the bed was comfortable. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Basel.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great hotel, great location, great staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was hot with no air conditioning but it did have a fan. We had to open the windows to get fresh air but our room overlooked a busy road. This negative comment did not spoil our time here.

Good location and friendly staff. Good continental breakfast. Trams and buses all stop outside. Restaurants and supermarket all close by. River Rhine and more shops and walks very near.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Perfect choice for Basel trip

Everything was so convenient. From airport to hotel was so practical even with 2 luggages. One bus from airport to main station and 1 tram from main station to hotel destination. Location was perfect to reach Meese Platz where I had a meeting, main station to travel outside Basel and city centre or anywhere else. Definitely re-book and stay here for the next time.

Great!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not that great. A bit limited. No warm food. But the croissants were good. My room had a low celing on one side, so I kept hitting my head (it was on the last floor of the building).

I liked the room: it was simple, but nice and clean. The location was good. The old town is a few min walk away or a tram stop. The staff was nice.

Nice place close to the city centre

Need more coat hangers in the wardrobe, a little bit expensive for what is given but Basel is an expensive city.

Small and efficient operation, everything went perfectly smoothly and the room was nicer than I expected.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It is a small nice hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be great if an extra pillow was provided.. The room was very small.

It is a small nice hotel with friendly staff (even Russian-speaking). There is bus and tram stop just close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Staff were nice.

There was a problem with wifi for one night and no one fix it until the morning.

Staff were nice.Even the staff in the restaurant/bar.Clean hotel.Mobility card is helpful for the transport around Basel

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice hotel with friendly staffs

The breakfast is simple. Just bread ,crossiant and drinks. If there are some hot food like sausages or mushroom, it would be perfect.

Modern room with all facilities you need. Location is perfect and the hotel can give you a transportation ticket in Basel, you can use the ticket to go anywhere in basel. Very convenient.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Staff attention was great, fast internet, room was...

breakfast was rather simple, no vegetables. Last few days the selection of bread was smaller.

Staff attention was great, fast internet, room was confortable, albeit a bit small (single), location very good - near river and public transport, but not right in the centre of the city, italian restaurant in its premises was also ok.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Delightful, peaceful friendly Basel !
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was great... situated on a very pretty plaza with a church and hotel central to either walk over the bridge into old Basel or catch a bus or tram further afield - the hotel is very elegant and reasonably priced - you even have free tram passes and the breakfast is plenty - very good choice :)

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Great location, just on the other side of the river from...
    • Double or Twin Room

Soft bed, poor decoration. Poisition of the toilet made it rather uncomortable.

Great location, just on the other side of the river from downtown. Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Best trip of this year!
    • Superior Single Room

The mattresses and pillows were a bit soft to our liking but that's very subjective

We had a free mobility ticket for trams and buses included in the final price. Also, breakfast was free and tasty :) It's really close to the city center in a quiet neighborhood, the bus/tram stop (Wettsteinplatz) is right in front of the hotel. The hotel staff is really nice and always helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Great Stay at a great hotel

The mattresses was slightly uncomfortable and the pillows could do with being firmer.

The Hotel was excellent, location great, restaurant and staff great. breakfast ideal. Only a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. Would definitely recommend

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Excellent Hotel, Friendly Staff, Highly Recommended

Friendly helpful staff, appreciated the Tram/Bus complimentary ride card for my 5-night stay. The breakfast was good, but could use ‘fresh fruit’ -- bananas, apples, mandarin oranges -- something. Excellent well-appointed room, great task lights, amazingly-soundproofed, though there was plenty of traffic outside my window, I could hear nothing through the double-pane windows (see photo of 'view from my window'). But only one power outlet that I could find. WiFi was excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great staff & location
    • Double or Twin Room

It was minus 5 at night and there were no Tea or Coffee making facilities in the room. I discussed this with the Colleague at the Front Desk when I checked out. The reason given is that customers in the past stole them, I suggested that if that's the case in future on arrival guests are offered the option of having tea and coffee facilities in their room (but the Hotel takes a deposit of eg 50 Swiss Francs which would be fully refunded when the kettle etc are returned by the Guest when they check out.

The Manager & staff couldn't have been more helpful / their customer service skills were perfect

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

It's a small hotel in front of a tram/bus stop, very...

It's a small hotel in front of a tram/bus stop, very convenient for a stay in the city. The room was very quiet but very small. The breakfast is very complete and fresh.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Charged extra to our Credit Card, unauthorized!!!
    • Superior Single Room

The hotel asked for the local per room tax, which we paid cash for 21. We just looked at our credit card bill and the hotel charged $71.00 with no explanation or approval from us. They said everything was taken care of when it was booked, which is what booking.com told us too. Having to dispute this now. Waste of time.

Clean and good location.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

A little bit pricey but good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lift is small and need to walk up a little bit stairs. Room is spacious but with only basic in room facilities.

Helpful staff who provided me a lot tips and train schedule. Free mobility ticket was helpful. Good location.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was limited and not restocked. We booked and specifically asked for 2 singles and yet they were together as a big bed. We could separate them a bit, so not a big issue but something to keep in mind.

Easy to find, walkable distance from either train station if you're active. The room was adequately sized and the windows were really soundproof.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

A more than accomodating stay....

Though the quality was good, it would have been nice to have additional selections. (Only cold food.)

Great location for the Congress Center. Staff was very professional.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Great for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

Once we got out of the elevator the hall was very dark, until you got to the right floor. The elevator stopped between the floors, and you had to walk either up or down to the right floor . I stumbled down the dark stairs .

The location was wonderful . We were able to take the bus into the City with much ease Very nice that the Resturant was in the Hotel. Pizza was very good

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Perfect alternative for business travels

A bottle of water in the room would be a plus

Attractive location at Wettsteinplatz and close to the city Very good breakfest, very friendly staff, very nice and clean room

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Convenient, good hotel
    • Superior Single Room

There is a lift but it stops on landings halfway between floors so you still have to drag luggage up 8-10 stairs. Street parking is only close option; good news is being able to buy multi day ticket.

Comfortable room. Quiet-ish area. Very close to public transportation. Attached restaurant is very good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Staff were very respectful and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room did not have air-conditioner and it was getting hot during the night. It was getting very noisy with open windows.

Staff were very respectful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Good hotel for a few nights

The pillow was way too soft. And the room very warm during the night despite having the fan on all night!

Good clean hotel, friendly staff. Good location.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Nice and clean hotel

The breakfast (the only fruit they had was canned fruit salad) and the elevator only stops in between floors (I had to carry my 23 Kg suitcase up the stairs)

Nice hotel. The room was renovated with new furniture and everything was very clean. The staff was nice and considerate.

A great stay in Basel
    • Double or Twin Room

We were there mid August but the room was very hot at night.

Very friendly staff. Very convenient location just over the bridge to the town centre, Good Italian restaurant in the hotel building Free transport pass for our stay. Everything we needed really.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The street by the side of the room was very noisy.

Good breakfast, great localization - in front of a tram/bus stop, walking distance to the city center, conference center and to the river (excellent for swimming during summer).

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Nice one night stay in Basel
    • Superior Single Room

Breakfast is nice (not special, but good). The room is very good. Very clean. The bathroom is refurbished. The beds are very comfortable. It smells of cleanliness. The staff is well organized. There is a restaurant at the entrance, but it is not loud and it does not bother you.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Great location, good value, especially as a triple.

Nothing really. If you have a lot of luggage, I'd recommend going one floor higher in the elevator, because the elevator arrives between floors and you have to take a few stairs up or down. Down is easier!

Very easy to find. We arrived by train and took the tram, and it was simple. We booked a triple (which could also be a quad), so the room space is small but doable. The location is great. There are several places to eat nearby, and old town is a 5 minute walk away. Breakfast was lovely. Sunlit room with lots of fresh good food. The big Nespresso machine was impressive.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Quiet but fairly central location near the river.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing major really but room was quite hot! However, double window and fan helped. All fixtures look good but are not the best (unusual for Switzerland) quality. Sink plug got stuck, for example, and shower fitting plus door not the best. But - rectified efficiently. Coffee machine nice but fiddly and no eggs on second day!

Nice location and good space in the bedroom. Range of breakfast items available.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Ok
    • Superior Single Room

No air flow in room, and no ac. Fan they gave us for cooling was not very good...maybe ok in cooler time of the year

Location was not too far from the train station by tram ; good breakfast ; lift

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

A very clean, comfy and friendly hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was spacious, extremely clean and well decorated. Bed very comfy. Excellent toiletries, unexpected in such a small hotel. All very very good.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

No AC but nice location
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning. They provided us with a fan then we asked the maid for an additional one she found us another. Very nice staff

Location and free breakfast

More than enaugh for business trip

Tiny elevator

Very friendly stuff Possibility to leave luggage Coffee till 6p.m.

It was good. And the staffs are nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

During summer, it’s very hot. There is no air conditioner.

Next to the hotel, there is a bus/tram stop. It’s close to the city centre.

Excellent location, friendly personnel, "Swiss quality" felt everywhere.
    • Double or Twin Room

I am a very demanding guest, but there was nothing to complain. Great choice!

Everything was great!

Good location, clean, friendly staffs
    • Double or Twin Room

The price changed by $30. As I m booking it. As it is nonrefundable I can't do anything about it.

Good location, clean, friendly staffs

Clean, space is enough

No interesting place to go around

Clean, space is enough

Clean, comfortable, convenient and super friendly staff

Recommended

On main road so there was a lot of noise

Confortable, nice sta8, clean room

Very friendly stuff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly stuff. Very clean. Good location.

like it!

Really nice stuff, very clean, ideal location. Received voucher for free ferry, code for bus/tram, password for city's wifi .