Reviews of Royal Plaza Montreux & Spa 5 stars

Avenue Claude Nobs 7, 1820 Montreux, Switzerland

#27 of 40 hotels in Montreux

All the extortionate extra costs! Breakfast at CHF 30/person - that was CHF 120 for our family of 4 per day! Was good and varied, but the only"exotic" food to warrant a higher price was the smoked salmon. Prosecco, even omelettes, etc. cost extra. Parking in the underground garage is CHF 25 a day. Narrow area and difficult to manoeuvre. Have to fetch an exit card from reception every time you want to drive out. The spa facilities are not worthy of a 5-star hotel: indoor pool is small, water not very warm, only 8 sunbeds round the pool which are quickly taken, jacuzzi takes 6 people at a squash (not pleasant!), steamroom plasticy and no mats to sit on or hose pipes to wash down after use. If the spa treatments were more reasonably priced, the staff would have more to do instead of sitting around trying to look busy. The twin room with separate beds that we asked for were in fact two single beds pushed together and jammed between 2 bedside tables - so the room was in effect a double room, which was a bit awkward. And it was a shame they couldn't come up with a nice gesture for my husband on his birthday - the receptionist said they couldn't do anything about the price as we'd already paid for the rooms - but they could have maybe sent a bottle of Prosecco up to the room or given us a voucher for the bar or a coffee...

View from the rooms was fabulous. Our double room and ensuite bathroom was spacious and the beds very comfortable - nice crispy bed linen, firm but not hard beds, firm pillows. Location very central. Staff extremely helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The decor is very tired and tatty In The deluxe room. The view is spectacular but the carpets, beds, paintings, bathrooms are very tired and scruffy.

The location is everything here!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

we asked for full board reservation and was accepted but they didn't allow one person to access for the dinner. the was so shameful because that was our driver and we didn't until we left the hotel.

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

The bathtub, we couldn't adjust the temperature as we wanted

The view. Last time we had a very nice weather and the view was just amazing but this time, we weren't very luck with the weather. It was very gray, but we know how it can be.

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

We didn't quite like too much the service in the Restaurant on our 2nd Dinner....(while the service was EXCELLENT on our first Dinner in the Hotel).

Reception staff was extraordinary friendly! Large south-facing and fully furnished terrasse overlooking the Lake of Geneva. View of lake and the Alps is absolutely georgious ! Great and absolutely efficient room service. Warm thanks to house keeping! Breakfast was fantastic! Same with food and wine in the Restaurant.

Seriously, no one mentioned that WiFi is out and being worked on, what kind of front office staff are they employing, very upset about that, as its important for my work. Breakfast was truly unremarkable, Jesus, we are in Switzerland, not on Mars, a much better standard should be expected. My son and friend had a mediocre meal in the restaurant at night, which resulted us buying stuff from Migris or CoOp supermarkets , and eating inside the room, luckily we always travel with small cooker (The Camping Style) over priced -fr what is being offered. sad!

The Hotel is conveniently located and its a 5 star hotel from years past, age is showing. short distance to walk to the center, great view, and the rooms are the main reason we stayed here the 2nd time. a bit old fashioned, but its ok,

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

We were disappointed with certain aspects of the breakfast on offer. The cold alternatives were acceptable but the hot options were not. The hot options were mainly cold and having an omelette, fried eggs or pancakes should have been available to order fresh as part of the breakfast and not at additional cost.

We booked a Deluxe Room with lake and mountain views and loved it because views were spectacular and room was very spacious. The hotel location was great and having the Riviera Pass was fantastic we were extremely impressed with the public transport system

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The hotel's address mentioned on the site an on Google is not correct/is not the same with the one from Maps/car's navigation.

The service was amazing, professional and smiley personnel. With their help, I prepared a cake & champagne surprise for my fiancé's birthday.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Small, totally outdated room, run-down appearance (e.g. carpets in corridors, elevator), poor value for breakfast

Location, views from reception, on-site underground parking

• Superior Double Room with City and Mountain View

Parking (indoor and outdoor) not available over the weekend because of used as normal parking for the city and not reserved for hotel guest. Note: it was booked (and paid) in advance

Hotel facilities, beautiful room, SPA and kindness of staff

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

I went to breakfast around 7.40am and it was already hard to find a place to sit despite the fact that I was alone. But the service was quick so I just waited a couple of minutes for a clean table! Maybe the hotel can make more tables for 2-3 people and less big ones for 5-6! but it is just a small detail!

I was staying at Royal Plaza only for one night. As soon as arrived to Montreux I went straight to the hotel cause I was tired after a long trip. The front desk agent whose name was Nour, if I am not mistake , proceeded a check in with me and told that I was upgraded. Of course I was happy! It was a nice surprise! The junior suite was amazing. The room is spacious enough with big bed, small living room, bathroom. It has a balcony as well and the view is amazing!!! I was ready to stay outside just because of this view. The room has everything you need even the coffee machine(for additional but small charge). the breakfast was amazing as well. You have a lot of different options! In a whole the service was amazing even I stayed just for one night! I would love to come back! Merci beaucoup!!!

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The staff at check-in was very helpful. They gave us a free upgrade to let us have the lake view. Check-out was smooth. The hotel is badly in need of repairs. The hallway carpets are worn out. The doors etc are badly scratched and need a polish. The bathroom ventilation was not working, the smell permeating to the room (Room # 430). The size of the room was rather small, which is ok, but for the price it was not worth. The staff at the breakfast area was not very helpful. They would clear up the tables only after you would leave.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

bathroom and towel smell was not nice. I asked when I booked to celebrate my anniversary but no type of any celebrations was offered.

the view of the lake was amazing

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

The staff in the front desk tried to steal and hustle us they put things we didn’t ordered so very bad management there for sure will call the lawyers

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The cleaning lady at the spa in the morning didn't smile to my friend when she said good morning to her, my friend thought she was in a bad mood if not the rest of the staff were awesome.

Second time staying here, the room was amazing with a nice never ending scent :) and the breakfast was excellent, really loved it!

• Superior Double Room with City and Mountain View

Because a problem with the credit card, the payment at the beginning of the stay was not possible, I spoke with a girl from the reception, and we found a solution. After this , Basically we were marginalized and almost thrown out of the hotel because there is very little communication between them, Every day when we returned to the hotel we were blocked from the door because something was missing from the total amount of the hotel. That on the second day, of 4 days, I could properly give them the money. Second day, called on the phone the manager one morning screaming, very rude that we should go down immediately to solve the issue, when I had already get into the agreement with the girl from the beginning. Again, I lack communication between staff. My trip was for business, and I chose the hotel because it was next to the tattoo convention where I would work this weekend. We ordered one night room service a pizza and a sandwich, which we ate because there was no other choice, but it was quite dry and poorly made, it looks like it did a college teenager in a microwave. A basic detail, that the next day the cleaning staff clean the whole room and leave the rest of the pizza dry inside the room, something harder than a stone, I do not know if they thought we would eat, a microwave pizza after 24 hours ... We also ordered ice, and they brought ice for mojito, when I wanted some simple ice cubes, and they said there was not. Ice? there is no ice? We also called for toilet paper that was missing. Well, I am a simple person, respectful and I believe that speaking is a way to people understand each other. My mistake was not having the card at check in and the total amount of almost 1300 euros for 4 days in the first moment. I paid in cash after working at the convention that was next, I offered my passport as a guarantee that I was not going to go without paying, and they did not accept. they wanted the money.

The location is good, with green surroundings near the lake very nice to walk around. Rooms spacious, although I did get the view to the city side.

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Service during breakfast was a bit slow..

The best Lake view in Montreux! The staff is friendly.. Patrick Abi Nader extremely professional and his team very efficient, especially Timor.

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Room is very noisy. I could hear every wordt the neighbour spoke.

Lake view ! friendlyness of staff / perfect location next to the music & conference centre

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Really small rooms and bathrooms, also the windows are not soundproof enough against the traffic noise. The style and interior are a bit outdated. The breakfast is okay but it is inadmissible that at 9AM half of the options are not longer available.

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

We did not have 1 king size bed as I had booked but 2 separate beds put together. For the price of the hotel I found some maintenance work is needed to ensure that everything is new/well maintained. Lastly for the price of the breakfast I would have hoped fresh orange juice would be available.

The view is exceptional on the lake, the staff very friendly and the bed very comfortable

• Superior Double Room with City and Mountain View

The comfort of the beds was excellent and the Breakfast offered a very good choice. The Hotel was excellent with regards to the helpfulness of the staff and service. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Concierge services should be much better for such a 5 star hotel. Some facilities and furniture need renewal.

Amazing view on the lake and very nice location. We had enjoyable stay and nice experience. Very Good breakfast.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The worst experience ever. The price does not respond to the quality and number of stars of the hotel. Very old furnishing in the rooms, small rooms, stuff works very slow, nobody helped with the luggage, receptionist couldn't find the keys of our car, place for breakfast is dark and very old fashioned. The water both in the sink and bath stuck when having shower, brushing teeth, which is not acceptable in the 5 stars hotel.

• Presidential Suite with Lake View and Terrace

The hotel is dated. It's stuck in the 1970's and needs redecoration. it seems the 2nd floor has been refurbished recently, so ask for a room on this floor. Breakfast is very poor. So overal, it's completely overpriced.

We booked the presidential suite and that was huge. It had 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 livingrooms and a kitchen. Surrounded by a big terras with an amazing view on the lake.

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

The room was old and the hotel dated. Breakfast very over priced!

The staff were friendly and location gave stunning views however the rooms need an upgrade very 1980s I think some rooms have been upgraded but the hotel was dated. Montre aux was lovely however having visited would choose to stay in Lausanne where there are more places to eat etc. We had room service one night and the food was excellent!

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

THE DECOR, FURNITURE NEEDS UPDATING. WARDROBE DOOR STUCK, COULD NOT OPEN IT, THE BATHROOM TOO CRAMPED. PREFER A SHOWER ROOM.

THE LOCATION WAS PERFECT. THE STAFF WERE VERY POLITE. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN.

The ac was not working. We have to call receiption everyday to fix ac to be cool. THE employee was did not tell as about any ticket for transportatoin and discount paper.

The location.

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

The service in the bar is very slow. The breakfast service is terrible, they constantly run out of food on the buffet. One of the two coffee machines is always broken and the manageress is rude and inefficient

The location is lovely and the rooms clean. The reception staff charming

Customer service was so poor, hotel so old and dirty, the price was so high and max star as per my opinion is 2

Staff was so impolite and was the worse hotel I experienced during whole my life

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Housekeeping failed to replace a number of minor items during the course of our stay. Relatively expensive for the

Beautiful location right on the lake and close to Festival activities.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The attitude and the service of the entire staff including the manager. Terrible. Would not recommend at all to anyone. You pay so much and you expect at least a decent service. They are all arrogant at this hotel

Only location

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Although the property is well maintained, it is still dated and needs major upgrades in furniture, air conditioning, restaurants and spa facilities.

Location and view were terrific. Staff were excellent and efficient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

property could do with some renovation; everything is getting a bit old. We went during the Montreux Jazz festival and it was very convenient but very very noisy given that the El Mundo bar was just outside and went on until 4 AM.

Location was excellent, the views amazing. The room was quite big.

The attitude of the staff was awful. They were v arrogant from the check in staff to the staff at the restaurants and bars and also room service. We got the room st 5.30 pm after being told at 2 pm that our check in time is at 3 pm. When we asked for more tea bags in the room, the waiter comes into the room and counts the tea bags there and says you are allowed 3 tea bags and so we will charge you for extra. For. Room where we payed CHF 450 per night!!!! Completely bizarre. When we brought it up w the manager, he said that's Swiss Precision. Really!! And when it comes to giving the room on time then what is it??? When we ordered drinks at the bar. The lady who got them had filled my glass w ice. I told her I didn't want ice. She says " throw it on the side". Is this the service that they give in 5 star hotels in Switzerland????? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The view is the only good thing here

The location was good. The lake view rooms were nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

we were visiting for the jazz festival but hadn't expected to be so close to such loud music played outdoors and which was not by any stretch of the imagination 'jazz'. Getting to sleep was hard. A warning message from the hotel the day before we arrived was hardly sufficient to give time to change our minds about staying. The bathroom could do with a bit of attention: the shower leaked, the bidet had been 'fixed' with a different kind of handle which meant no temperature control, and the toilet flush button often didn't engage properly.

room was well appointed and great location with stunning views and outlook. It was exactly what we had requested

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Restaurant food was good but very pricey for the content. The mark up on wine and all drinks was "silly"., to the extent that we often chose not to partake, when we normally would. However this was not unique to this Hotel.

Very comfortable room with great view from balcony. Ideally located, quiet but central location. Friendly , helpful staff. Breakfast was really good in range and content.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

- Bathrooms no way of 5-star quality and need massive refurbishment - Bathtub was clogged - Overall does not feel of 5* quality and needs fair upgrade

- We had Deluxe double room with balcony and lake view and they were quite spacious - Lovely views of the lake and mountain - Right by the lake and is a pleasant walk to the Centre - One stop away by bus (No.204) from Montreux Gare station - Pleasant to sit in the balcony and have drinks (wine or tea)

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

I feel this hotel is living off past glory and really is not consistent with other 4* hotels. The hotel is somewhat scruffy - threadbare carpets, damaged doors etc in corridors .. although the room was nice. Needs a good facelift to bring it in line with it's price.

Beautiful lakeside location. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Rooms were not sound proofed as we could clearly hear sounds for the car park below and those noisy scooters.

Location. Just perfect for wandering the town.

To General Manager, I would like to follow up with my lost camera. On 11th June 2017 in the evening, I forgot my camera (Sony A6300) at the swimming pool area -probably near the locker room. I'm pretty sure that I forgot to bring it back up with me. At that time my family and I were the last group of guest there since there was a lady staff who came and told us that the swimming pool was closed. Please kindly investigate your staff whether she saw and kept it in lost and found or not. Otherwise, you can also check with the CCTV. Note that we have checked with many your staffs about my inquiry, but no one seem to take it seriously. Although they have checked the pool area,but no one have taken a step further. The camera has photos of my sister's graduation day, therefore it is very important for her as it was her special day, Furthermore, I think your hotel is lack of security requirements, since portray yourself as a five star hotel. Last time, I wanted to take something from my sister's room, but I didn't not have the key. Therefore I asked some housekeeping staff to open the room, she did not check whether I was actually the guest of this room or know the guest of that room. She could have asked for further clarification if I actually stay in that room. Upon your front office team was not performed up to the standard for a five star hotel. She was not cautious and recheck the booking correctly. I have booked three rooms with breakfast, and one room without; by mistake. She said all rooms were not breakfast included, hence she only looked at the last room, and did not check carefully. We have to show the evidence of the confirmation from booking.com And the most unacceptable thing was your F&B staff for the breakfast. The staff ignore the guests, I'm not sure if it was because we are Asian. My parents have asked for some coffee, and cutlery for several times.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The bathroom and the bedroom were tired and in need of updating

Breakfast was amazing and the pool/jacuzzi a good size The conference centre was next door to the hotel which was very convenient The Riviera card came in handy with free public transport and half price entry to Chillon Castle

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Balcony rooms offer superb views of the lake. The accommodation is extremely comfortable with large, luxurious rooms and clean, well-appointed bathrooms. Take the time to visit the old town on the other side of the railway station.

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

Some general furnishings are a little dated. The spa and pool area needs modernising

Worth paying a little more for a junior suite, very spacious room with a large balcony overlooking the lake.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The fact it was supposed to be a "5 star" and it was so run down etc. I asked for a double bed, I got two single beds The whole hotel was tatty, like it would have been a good hotel in the 80s.

The location was amazing

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The bed is uncomfortable, and the pillow need changes. The staff was so awful, I ask for hot tea with ginger and they said ok buat after long time of waiting, the next day I ask for the tea they said that they didn't have that. Why they didn't tell me before, so I don't need to wait the hot tea with ginger too long.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The poor or negligent overseeing of housekeeping and blaming the guest for mistakes made by housekeeping when cleaning! I have never experienced this anywhere before. Be careful when you check into your room and everyday post cleaning and have housekeeping check for cracked mirrors etc or you just might get blamed whilst checking out all the while wondering what they are talking about and if it is really happening to you!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

Front office not very knowledgeable - sent us on a wine tour without checking if places were open Room though big has inadequate electrical points to charge devices. A must these days.

The room was large and had lovely lake facing view. Very adequate breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Very old hotel with super small rooms. The hotel itself looks like it's 3* hotel. Service is poor. When I asked for an iron,they gave me a dirty one,so my shirt was destroyed. Moreover,this hotel takes a big deposit and it takes a while to take this deposit back. I strongly recommend to choose different property for this kind of money.

Location is good. It is based near the lake and not far from the city center.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Great location with spectacular lake view. Check in was at 15.00 and check out at 12pm. 5 minute walk from bars and restaurants. We went for a delux lake view room which was a great size and comfortable. No complaints at all.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Rooms are loud. I let change it because it was on the mountainside (and it was very loud) and I got a room lake-mountainside but t was only a little less loud. Probably better is only the lake-lakeside

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

The breakfast has the same menu everyday Also there was maintanance in the hotel so if you want to stay in the hotel during the day it was very noisy One of the rooms next to us has a dog and it kept barking all the day and night

Nice location and helpfull staff

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The two single beds was not perfectly joint to make a one Double bed . There was disturbing space in between keeping you a part from your partner .

Location and employee relations

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

- the hotel needs renovation, especially the lobby. You need a new modern lobby. - I have also noticed there is no surveillance cameras for security reasons. - It would be nice if you don't charge the parking, it should be included with room charge.

location and excellent staff

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

I chose a room with a view on the "lake and mountain " but it was actually a view on the hotel parking. In the bathroom, water was not flowing properly so there was stagnant water in the sink and bath. I informed the staff and they didn't do anything about it. And I wanted to have some tea at some point and discovered the kettle was broken. I called the reception and they brought another one that was working properly but dirty. I wouldn't recommend this hotel which i only chose because of the excellent reviews from other customers.

I went there with my partner mainly for the spa and it was horrible: swimming pool not heated, jacuzzi not hot and bubbly enough, spa staff unavailable and I couldn't have an appointment for a treatment because one of the spa staff didn't show up to work. When i checked out (after 2 nights) I informed the staff that i was highly disappointed and to apologize they didn't make me pay for the breakfast for 2 for 2 days. But i honestly think i should have had a complete refund.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

The room service should always be cheaper and 24-hours. That's my general hotel pet-peeve, not necessarily specific to this hotel. Also, the Mountain View rooms could do with a bit of tlc.

If you can find a better room with a view (the hotel's Lake View room), then you've done well. The mountain and lake view from this hotel is perfect. There's no more adjectives to describe that sensation. Step out onto the promenade and take a stroll alongside the scenic, awe-inspiring beauty around you. You can even walk down to the Chateau de Chillon; all thanks to the location of Royal Plaza Montreux & Spa.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Breakfast and room service a bit pricey.

Great location with wonderful view of the lake. Friendly staff and very comfortable rooms.Definitely try the pool.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

A massive upgrade in the decoration is needed. We were lucky enough to stage in a newly renovated suite. It was excellent. But the rest is not that fresh and contemporary but rather old-fashioned.

The spa was good and the staff there very nice!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Their computer at the front desk made a mistake and tried charging me 297$ for Minibar and Tax, it took me like 20 minutes to force them to recalculate it

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

It was quite difficult for me to make myself understood in English as - surprisingly for an alleged 5* hotel - most personnel could not speak English properly (and I do not speak French), particularly during my check-in. Perhaps I was just unlucky and encountered a novice upon my arrival. Also, the hotel gym is difficult to use as it has unusually low ceilings, so stretching there while standing becomes a real pain.

Primarily the location and quite a good spa.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Need refresment, new painting in bathroom need extra space around the sink. My be an inwall sliding door to ease access.

The view is oustanding, the boardwalk along the lake is beutifull and just a few minutes from the center of the city. Self service breakfast is plenty with varieties. Local bus sation Vernex is just a few meters from the hotel, less thna 5 minutes to the train station.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Stopped to see the castle and then travel down the lake to Geneva the next day Excellent stay, a great rainy evening...the surprise of the Sinatra bar, and a fine breakfast All good A fine time

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Is this really a 5* hotel? Officially yes, but basically no. Let's be honest, it is outdated by now, the facade of the building has become grey and dirty and probably has never been refreshed since 70s. The sun shades for room balconies are dirty and stained. The biggest disappointment was the "lake view" room that we paid for additional +100 CHF for 2 nights, but basically there was no lake view. See the attached picture. We did see the reception being quite busy at times and people were standing in 10 minutes queues. I can't imagine this happening in a 5* hotel.

The locations is rather good, about 10 min walk along the promenade to Freddy statue. About 3 minutes walk the opposite direction and you're at the nice little swimming place in lake Geneva. Hotel staff was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

The gym is small and spartanic.

Good breakfast, nice rooms (had a balcony with view over the lake), international newspaper, beautiful location, very nice staff, ....the list goes on!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Not a standard of 5 star V old tired furniture . V small room . Unprofessional reception , they said if u book through Booking .com This what u get As booking .com deduct 20% . First time in 35 y of traveling , reception in front desk deducting 20 Swiss frank for 2 tea bag used !!!!!!!! I rejected the deduction , as they were customers and receptionist would not want them her our discussion . This hotel main target is Arab people which I don't like .

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with City and Mountain View

The decor throughout the hotel was dated and needed redoing. Buffet breakfast was a bit chaotic and food wasn't replenished quickly enough. I don't think the hotel lived up to it's rating of a 5 star

Comfy bed and amazing location. Good size room for a family.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Every thing the house keeping they work very early in the morning and there voice is too loud that they'll Wouk u up the furniture is so cheep I don't know how they got 5 stars!! I really shook!

No thing

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Staff were not helpful charged me more . I paid for extra bed 69 francs so the total I paid was too much

It was more expensive than I expected , I paid more than worth it and the price was very expensive to this property . I booked earlier in April but my daughter arrived same day and booked with orbitz and paid less than me with bidg difference . She paid 185 dollars where as I paid 300 $ . I will never recommend this hotel neither to book with booking 😣

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Old rooms, old decor, old bathrooms and old appliances. For a '5' star facility, it falls well short of the required standards and has needed a major revamp for a few years now but definitely not priority (as this feedback has been provided by many guests repeatedly over the years).

Great location, great and super helpful staff, with facilities right by the lake providing convenient access to the Jazz Festival venues overlooking lake Leman.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with City and Mountain View

Breakfast was poor and not worth the 30chf. Generally, staff were fairly miserable and unhelpful. One incident was like a scene Fawlty Towers - staggeringly bad customer service. Overall, the hotel could benefit from a refit - it was generally very tired and I would have expected a higher standard from a 5 star establishment. Please see photo for a view of the colour of the water which came out of the shower.

The views are spectacular, if you have a lake view. The manager David, was very accommodating and sorted problems which we experienced very efficiently.

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

Some stuff on the terrace on first floor were really unfriendly and such a slow service for drinks.

Im originally from Montreux! Always a pleasure to be back! Loved Royal Plaza since long time!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

5 star hotel with 2-3 star condition . Seems very mean owner who wants to collect money and spend nothing, and you can feel it everywhere starting from the 300 years old carber and broken and damage furniture to the poor breakfast with limited options. Unusual for Swiss tourism authority to rank it with 5 stars.

The only advantage for the hotel is location and unfortunately due to summer difficulty in finding other options I had to stay here . So location is the only positive thing for this hotel with its condition now.

• Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

The lake side was dirty and smelly from the Jaz festival. Very limited breakfast food. It is too expensive comparing to what they have. Walk ways of the hotel is old carpet need to be changed. They don't change the towel if you use them during the day, only one time. To get water as a complement is only one time on the arrivel, we had a very hard time to get them change the sparkling water to still one, they have to take permission from the managment.

The location is not bad.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with City and Mountain View

I have booked a room "mountain view" to avoid being on the lake side because of the festival however I was anyway on the lake side but with no view - it was extremely loud, impossible to sleep (until 5am). I asked to change rooms but they said it wasn't possible as they would have to clean the room and no cleaning staff was avaiable. Room was nice but all I wanted was a quiet room and to get what I booked.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Overpriced for a 5 star! The hotel furniture and decoration is really out of date, way understaffed and therefore poor service even though they try to be friendly. Maximum 3 star would be fair.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Balcony, Park and Lake View

Not enough staff for the busy time. Difficult to get through to concierge for an answer to questions. No extra attentive service expected at a 5 star hotel due to busy staff.