Reviews of Royal Manotel 4 stars

Rue de Lausanne 41-43, Paquis, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland

#43 of 95 hotels in Geneva

• Family Executive Double Room

The reception made a mistake and had my invoice under the wrong name so the checkout process wasnt smooth. Breakfast wasnt good.

Very good location. Right next to the train station and the lake. Good value for money. Rooms were decent and relatively spacious for families.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel restaurant is very expensive for the level of service. $25 for a hamburger. $21 for a tiny bowl of ice cream.

The hotel was nicely decorated, and the room was clean and quiet. It's conveniently located on a light rail stop and is walkable to restaurants.

• Superior Room

there should be airport service readily

The most beautiful decor and clean rooms i have experienced in hotel industry.The Location is excellent and the bed and bedding great.comfort and serenity is top notch.customer service perfect goodThe ti

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was good by most hotel standards. I was hoping to stay a bit away from carbs, and I did not find enough carb free options on the buffet. I could have ordered from the menu, but I already had the buffet in my hotel bill. But the service was great the tea was great and all the food looked great. It is definitely a carb eaters paradise.

The location is outstanding. It isvery close to Gare Cournavain and the tram to The Nations stops right in front of the hotel. the room was very spacious and comfortable. I will gladly stay here again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Could do with a refurbishment - carpets a bit shabby, lamps chintzy. Strong, artificial air freshener smell in the lobby & corridors. Hammam was closed early so I was unable to use it.

Great location with good access to transport, the lake, and many food options. The room was quiet despite facing the busy avenue. Comfortable bed. Good gym, despite being small.

There were NO working outlets in my room! My converter didn’t work and when I asked the front desk they said they charge people’s phones behind the front desk, as if this is normal! Unacceptable for $450/ night

• Superior Room

They need to build trust from customer

This is a useless hotel, I stayed in the hotel from 5th May to 9th May, 2018 (Room No. 592). I paid entire amount in cash (CHF). But today the hotel deducted additional amount ( INR 1278+1278) from my Credit card i.e., after my vacation of room. At the time of my check-in on 5th May, I specifically asked the person handling reception on 5th May night, not to deduct any amount from my credit card as I decided to pay my entire room charges in cash for 4 nights. Therefore this deduction is completely unauthorised. Pl make sure that hotel refund back the amount immediately, it is a breach of trust. NO ONE SHOULD STAY IN THIS HOTEL. Regards, Sanjeev Banzal

• Executive Double Room

Nice moments in GENEVA and I will try to see you in nearest chance

It was nice period of vacation and services of the hotel very helpful to made my vacation enough lovely

Their breakfast buffet is very basic! So it would be better to order breakfast instead of getting the buffet.

I love the bed! They were every comfortable!

• Superior Room

The breakfast that was served. For CHF 15, it was good but I guess they can increase the cost of the breakfast a little bit and add some more variety to the menu. Found it a little disappointing for everything else that they offered in the room tariff.

I just booked this property because of two reasons 1. It was rated very well on booking.com - which I agree. Whatever I had read about this property, it delivered on all of that. 2. Location of the hotel, 5 mins walking distance from Gare Cornavin, it just made travelling around Geneva a lot easier. The room was very comfortable and what I loved about my room was the mini kitchen that it had where you can ACTUALLY cook your own meals.

• Superior Room

the hotel was real hot and the AC doesnt work and couldn't open the window because outside there was plants and many insects get in the room every time i open it and the furniture looks really old and the coffee machine stained not clean at all

Location and the room was spacious

• Classic Double or Twin Room

in the beginning before doing any booking we arrived and asked if there is Air condtion they told us its avalibe. after payment and after we take the room .the weather was very hot in Geneva we open tge Ac but the surprised us that the AC not working . we complain to refund but they offer us to change the room.. we agreed to change but the room also hot.the hole hotel was very very hot ..even on the coredor . and also there was customers shouting in recaption because of the same problem.as well the fridgeratr wasnt working the stuff wasnt welcoming and didnt care about our complain . I wont stay in this hotel again ever never .

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff and service were superb . The lobby was spacious and inviting. The location near the train station was perfect. We found we could walk to most places we wanted to see. I have not stayed in a hotel anywhere that brought so much satisfaction and value for the money. As far as I am concerned this is the only place to stay in Geneva. Neal Knight

• Classic Double or Twin Room

lovely hotel - staff could not be more helpful on site restaurant very good - should be tried at least once throughout your stay. we asked for Quiet rooms and were not disappointed

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms were slightly small and felt a bit dated.

location was great, hotel provided free public transport passes which made going around the city super simple and staff was quite friendly and helpful

• Family Executive Double Room

Room smelled at the beginning of cigarettes although this was a non smoking room

We enjoyed our short stay ther. Staff was incredibly helpful. Room big enough for a family of four. Located conveniently near main train station but not noisy

• Classic Double or Twin Room

only negative: the double room with two single beds is relatively small no bottle of water complementary in the room

Excellent staff very helpful at reception excellent location walking distance from the railway station very nice service in the lobby for drinks good wifi

• Family Executive Double Room

Quite an old but yet a big hotel.

Staff at the reception are genuinely and sincerely supportive. You get the vibes they love what they do. Location is of no doubt a big plus.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

facilities are almost none if existent, their Hamam is out of service and it looks it has been like that for quite some time. During my stay my room got cleaned once, and the second i had to go down to the reception to ask them to clean it, and it didn't matter, they didn't even replace the shower salt or the coffee tabs. The shower is broken and leaking, the sink is also leaking water unless you twist it hard. I asked for a smoking room but it felt there is more smoke getting in than getting out. Their breakfast Buffet is a scam, the "OPEN Buffet" is a selection of 4 types of croissant, some bread, cheese and jam...etc. I think the price overall is adequate to a 3 stars rating rather then 4.

The Concierge. The location, which is in a nice street 400 meters from the GARA, the main train station of Genève. The reception staff.

• Superior Room

Beds where good, pillows too soft Rooms are a little bit small and way too hot, to open the window you need to call the security (probably because of the hight> security reasons) Parking is extremely expensive (45 franc a day) > I would recommend parking your car in one the P+R facilities near by The hammam was onder construction so we couldn't use it - we didn't know this on the forehand

really nice staff vere clean easy and fast check-in/out good location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't value for money - could have had a couple more items (fruits, etc). The shower is a problem for tall people - the hand-held shower needs a holder on top, so it can be used like a normal shower.

Welcoming ambience, clean rooms, great location (walking distance to the train station), and staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival there was a long cue on the reception and only one person working. They were quite u Fair a put payment process. We left the credit card as warranty, but once there they asked for 500€ cash deposit. First night we had drinks in lobby and they wouldn’t put it on room, explaining that we are not covered!

Room was clean and location is very good.

• Superior Room

Most stores closed on Sat and Sunday and the area around the hotel is more commercial vice the lake area. Dinner was below average with the selection of items. Overall, would return on another visit.

Continental breakfast was a bargain at 15 CHF and worth the $. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Great common areas in the hotel lobby area. Close to all transportation and an easy 5 min walk to the central train station.

• Executive Double Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was cosy and very clean. Unfortunately, we did not have the time to use the sauna or the gym. The breakfast buffet was very basic but sufficient.

• Superior Room

Maybe a bit more of a selection for breakfast, maybe fruit or some bacon!

Really nice big room, lovely comfy bed. couldn't hear any road noise. Hotel in a great location with friendly and helpful staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The communal areas could do with a bit of updating.

We stayed in a newly renovated room that was nice, bright and spacious with everything we required.

• Superior Room

the rooms ( executive) did not have the dressings gowns and slippers, i had to ask to bring them upstaris.. I've changed a room as the heating was poor in the classic room. two nights only and so many troubles. be more attentive to the clients and room facilities

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent location and facilities. Room had everything you would like to be there. It even had a kitchen unit which was very convenient. Staff was very kind and professional. Will definitely stay there again and recommend friends as well

• Superior Room

Trains rumbling our room...bring your ear plugs!! The strip of black mould behind our sink. Our room was bery dark and dated comared to the rest of the hotel. The hotel sauna was tiny - 3 people maximum. Our credit card authorisation was nearly double the amount of the cost of the hotel for ‘extras’ that we were never going to use - watch your credit limits!!

The staff and the location.

• Superior Room

The fitness centre was really small, in fact, it's just one of the rooms turned into a gym so there is limited equipment and space. I arrived late(r) one morning and had to wait a while for another person to finish using the treadmill.

The location of the hotel was great, close to public transport, supermarkets and restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was really comfy too!! I enjoyed the tea/coffee making facilities and especially loved the abundance of daily apples in the lobby for all guests! The staff were always very friendly!

• Executive Double Room

The hotel is located in the city center of Geneva and close to the lake. Every main sightseeing spot is close and public transport directly in front of the hotel. The hotel offers you tickets for public transport by charging you the city tax. The hotel itself is very clean, the employees are very friendly and our Executive Double Room was big and comfortable. They have valet parking, take your car and bring it back for 45 EUR a day. This sounds much, but in Geneva this pricing is regular.

• Executive Double Room

Hotel felt dated, however they have tried hard with the interior furniture.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Location was good, short walk to the lake and plenty of restaurants about. Room was clean and bed comfy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The charge for a pet is 35 CHF. This is a very high and an unfair cost. My dog is 4.5 kg and sleeps in his bag.

Nice Sauna, very clean and with a view. Staff was really helpfull. The Express breakfast option.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Requested to change room due to refurbishment activity. Fair enough, but staff called me several times during the day. I was OK to move in the evening, but not to be disturbed during my working day.

Excellent location: Walking distance to the main railway station, to the lake, to city centre / restaurants, tram stop (Direct to ITU, UN, etc.) right in front of the hotel, Lidl supermarket next door

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hammam was out of ordered and the room was a bit smaller than expected.

The location is great, super close to the center, train station and right in front of a tram stop. The room is nicely decorated and the spa is very cozy. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Room

Beds. Bit too hard for me but that's just me. As a husband and wife we sleep together but the bed was two beds pushed together with separate quilts! But that was the only downside.

All of it was good. Warm and clean.

our room had a stained carpet, and one of the draws was missing a door knob. Also the sauna wasn't working, which was a slight disappointment.

The staff on Reception were amazing, always helpful and friendly.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The 'king size' bed was two twins pushed together. The shower didn't have a 'curtain' or any way to contain the water.

The staff is wonderful. Very nice and helpful.

We didn’t have any complaints.

The hotel is well located and good value for money in Geneva which can be very expensive. The rooms aren’t large but are well appointed with very comfortable beds. The hotel had kindly stored some luggage for us for the week since our last stay which was very accommodating of them.

• Family Executive Double Room

Hallway to room was tired looking in comparison to the room

Lovely hotel, friendly helpful staff, well situated for tram and 5/10 min walk to lake Geneva

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room service food was overly priced and pretty poor, not a good meal - not worth eating. The room air conditioning also did not work and the room was stiflingly hot.

Staff were fantastic and bar and reception area decor was wonderful. Room was very clean.

• Family Executive Double Room

Booking.com said we had a family room but when we got there the room was sold out. Thankfully the hotel upgraded us and provided two roll away beds for our kids.

Location, great got family, comfortable beds, excellent staff, lovely Libby for a drink and waiting for flight

Close to the train station, you can hear them coming and leaving from the backwards rooms. View from these rooms is terrible.

Overall well decorated and nice ambience. Location fine, close to main station, easy walking distance to stores and the lake. Day pass for local transport included in stay.

The shower was very low. I am not tall but it was only up to my shoulder.

The staff were very helpful. The hotel is in a great location close to the station but not so close that it is noisy. Breakfast and dinner were both good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing. A jacuzzi or indoor pool would have made it even better.

Can’t praise it enough! We will visit again. Rooms were clean and little touches like toiletries being replenished showed attention to detail. The staff couldn’t do enough for us. Fantastic decor. Pure luxury! Comfortable beds and pillows. The cookies in the lobby are a great touch plus mags and newspapers. The breakfast-especially freshness and quality. The pastry on the apple turnovers melted in my mouth. Dinners in the bar were top class. All the photos I took are awesome like the lounge areas and staircase. Free travel pass and map made exploring even more enjoyable and easy. We had a wonderful time in all thanks to everyone at the Royal.

• Superior Room

Helpful staff, free public travel card, excellent location. Easy to get to from the train station. Approx 4 min walk or take tram 15 (nations) from outside the station and it will drop you outside the door. Train from the airport was simple. Free ticket available at the airport for the train and it’s the first stop from the airport approx 5mins. Public transport system is simple to use

• Executive Double Room

With the money that you pay they should have also flip flops at the room and toothbrush !also it was really uncomfortable to see so much policemen with a big guns everywhere in the hotel because they had people to stay there from a diplomatic conference

Very good location ,very clean hotel

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Charging for slippers in a 4 star? A minor detail that put a slight dent in an overall stellar performance.

Breakfast was Ok considering it was only 15 francs. The rest were excellent value for money, for Geneva.

• Executive Double Room

Great information support before the arrival itself, super friendly, kind and helpful staff, nice location close to the trainstation , lake and the airport.

We could not get over the beauty of the hotel for the price we paid. Literally 2 minutes from the train station, so central for walking and our junior suite was to die for! Staff were super helpful and we were very sad to only be staying for one night! All in all an amazing hotel with beautiful interior and great staff and hotel beds that you literally sink into!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is amazing - great location - friendly staff - very hospitable - the security was alert all the time - quick service - clean rooms - very reasonable price

• Classic Double or Twin Room

If pressed for a criticism I’d just say that the hotel was a bit too warm for our liking, but that’s not unusual and the temperature in the room was solved by turning off the radiator and opening the window.

Very smart - very convenient location - very polite and friendly staff. Liked having a coffee machine in the room, with good quality complimentary coffee. The free travel pass for Geneva’s public transport was a welcome bonus.

We loved everything.

A very short walk from the main train station in Geneva. The hotel is exceptional value for money. Rooms are a good size and very well equipped. Staff are wonderful and helpful. The hotel is situated in a very animated area of Geneva where restaurants, bars and good pubs are a quick stroll away.

Loved the location near the center and very close to the train station.The hotel is very fancy and very nice. The staff are extremely nice and very helpful. The lounge area is relaxing and great place to relax.

• Superior Room

Rooms were very small as compared to the pictures. Massive leak issue in most rooms on the 7th floor. We had to change room twice as our bathroom flooded and even then it wasn’t fixed.

Excellent location, good staff, clean rooms

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Classic room was a bit small. Train noises in background but didn't worry us.

Beds were very comfy. Room had everything we needed. Nice reception/lounge area with free lemon water, cookies and apples. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I like the staff approach to us, especially when we have issues with the rooms that we booked, they immediately put us in another floor with rooms facing each other. The manager came to our room to check how we feel in that rooms and brought us 2 bottles of honey as an apologies for mistakes they have done with the rooms. When we checked out, the manager gave our babies with 2 teddy bear doll. Very sweet treatment to traveler with young kids. In the lobby, they also provide complimentary cookies and fresh water which you can grab anytime passing the lift. Tram no. 15 is just in front of the hotel that can take you straight to the central station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Our room was overheated. There is a tiny sauna on the 7th floor but only room for two people.

Central location; 5 mins from station and 10 mins from the lake. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood. 10 mins bus ride to the old town. Classy lobby, and the rooms are well appointed although small.

• Superior Room

sorry, but absolutely nothing.....oh, well maybe "mother nature" could have cooperated with us a bit more, it poured while we were there, but didn't impact our good time together one bit!!

i loved that we got early check in and late check put - it was REALLY appreciated on our part - we dont get away much and this made it EXTRA special for sure...thank you!!!..the staff was fantastic and so was our Bar man and waiter!!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

If you want to iron anything, you have to go to a room on the sixth floor. The air conditioning wasn't very good, you have to source a key for the window from reception. Decor is a little worn and tired. Official photos on booking.com are a little misleading.

The breakfast was expensive but nice, room service was prompt. The location was ideal, with a tram stop right outside and only five minutes walk from the station - which you get to from the airport with a free ticket. Also, free local travel tickets provided by the hotel for the duration of the stay. The staff were helpful, if a little officious.

• Executive Suite

I booked the executive suite to combine a business trip with my partner's birthday celebration. The suite I received was in a very poor and dialect state. After one walk thru I immediately returned to the front desk and demanded another room. The staff were very kind and helpful and a new suite was arranged. It is a very old hotel and renovations are being done one room at a time ... ?? For the amount of money I paid ... I expected so much more!!

Location is great ... short walk or tram ride from the station.

• Superior Room

Pirce is a high, and bathroom is basic and small. Room is very tight, and location is nothing speacial about it.

The hotel is classic, and the room is comfortable and clean, though somall. Friendly Staff, and breakfast is good, although it is extra, but reasonable price. Location is good

See above

All excellent EXCEPT one thing - my colleague was refused entry at the breakfast room until he had physically paid for it with his credit card, in advance!!! I have never heard of anything so ridiculous in my entire life and it completely coloured our view of the whole hotel. Apart from this excellent - reception staff in particular very good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

눇 Very noisy in the evening

눇 The location is good. How to get to the city center and other interesting places with local transport is simple. Very animatedly place. Many shops and pubs around.

• Superior Room

We expected the room too be a little bigger but it was very cosy and that made us feel at home.

The staff at this hotel made us feel like v.i.p’s, the man who was serving from the bar was lovely and kept giving us cake that was absolutely divine.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the Chinese staff at reception during check-in, she forced us to give horrendous amount in advance-although the room was fully paid- in case we ate from their restaurant. When we told the manger he admitted that this was not right what she has done, and was not in their regulation. anyway our money was held till got back from visa credit.

Cleanness of the and the facilities of the hotel

• Superior Room

We had a TERRIBLE experience during our stay. when we checked in, the front desk noted to us that we had "booked online with a discount rate" and that sort of made me feel like a second class guest. We stayed here due to the close proximity to the train station as we had to leave at 5am for the airport after traveling in that evening from outside of town. At 11pm we realized that the water in our bathroom didnt work, and after calling facilities, it took an hour for the hotel staff to confirm that there was no facilities on site and we'd need to change rooms. We were asked to repack and someone would come help us relocate. We got a follow up call 15mins later from reception telling us to come down with our bags to get our new keys, so we got zero help with the recolation and once we went downstairs saw the bell/concierge staff sitting on chairs in the lobby, so felt that because we were a Booking.com customer with a discount rate, they were not going to go out of their way to help us out. Next time we will definitely stay somewhere else. This hotel is "nice" but not worth the hassle if something goes wrong.

Central location to the Geneva train station and relatively close proximity to central Geneva is a plsu.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast. Not many options and no cooked breakfast. This was a deal breaker for me. There are many hotels with around the same price. I liked this hotel but a good breakfast is essential for me and therefore I will try another hotel next time in Geneva.

• Executive Double Room

Better coffee making facilities, 2 capsules for coffee not really adequate, the maid service arrived late in the day.

Room was nice and spacious, we went for an executive room. The bed was really comfortable. All clean and nice decor.

The menu at the Bistro didn't offer enough choices. The hotel's proximity to the train station, although considered a blessing, means that you get some noise and rattling in your room. But I must say, the noise level was very tolerable.

Cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff, proximity to the main train station especially that we travelled on the train to other cities on three out of the five days. The hotel is also conveniently located for access to the lake and the old city.

Staff didn't clean the plates that we use to eat for three days No knife in suite room kitchen Air condition is terrible and too warm, not able to arrange it as how we want

Staff is nice When we arrive our room was not available but they upgrade us Good location There is small kitch in suite room Comfortable bathroom

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old and dirty, the rooms were not restructed since a lot of time. It is qualitatevly the worst hotel in Geneve I ever stayed.

Friendly personnel, location near central station, good restaurant.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The professionalism and courtesy of the staff made a big impression. Especially the young man who handled the valet parking. More memorable than any croissant.

• Superior Room

Facilities and decor was old and worn, room was not clean with marks on the walls and rotting dirty grouting between tiles in the bathroom, our room had greasy hand and head marks on the window which made us complain. The manager was very helpful and provided us with a cleaner room but was still an unpleasant experience and stay and not worth the money.

Staff were friendly and professional

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in a busy street and was too noisy including late at night so would benefit from a better noise insulation. The deco was dated and bathroom not at a standard of a 4star hotel.

Service was very good and quick ... reception staff very helpful.