Reviews of Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern 5 stars

#1 of 70 hotels in Luzern

9.7

Super awesome
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

Room service and room cleaning need to be improved

Staff are very very friendly especially to the kinds ,and very punctual and ready to help at anytime. Location is super awesome.

We had a great stay in an extremely friendly hotel
    • Lifestyle Junior Suite

The interior decoration of the room is too overwhelming for the size of the room

The view is excellent. The pavilion restaurant is verry pleasant. The concierge does a great job

Made our first few nights in Switzerland a perfect experience!!! Loved it!!!!!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Everything was perfect!! Best 2 day stay of all our 2 week Switzerland trip.

Corner room was awesome!!! Perfect location and view of the lake. Elegant is perfect description of room and hotel!! Staff and service perfect. No negatives. Was a perfect stay. Very centrally located ... few blocks from rail station.

The hotel that deserves its five-star reputation

I do not have any to complain about their services.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Above the five-star services one can expect, the hotel offered us impeccable services. In particular, the concierge and the reception staff were extremely helpful and gave us all the information and tips we needed for sightseeing in and around the city.

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!
    • Lifestyle Junior Suite

The toiletry bottles were probably too small. Therefore they made it up by providing us multiple bottles. It’s on the pricey side but it was well worth the experience.

A hotel which treasures its history and celebrates its guests in every way. Location to attractions and view towards the lake. the service was impeccable in every way imagined (e.g they wrote us a personal farewell note when we picked up our car to leave, anything you need was provided very quickly, when there were no other restaurants serving white asparagus and we said we were craving for some, the chef actually made it just for us!). It was definitely one of the best hotels I’ve ever been in. Well done!!

Excellent hotel, perfect location.
    • Style Double Room with City View

The restaurant was just OK, not as good as it was expected, not compatible with the hotel.

Cleanness, facilities (the piano bar is amazing), staff, breakfast, location.

I would recommend this property to everyone .
    • Style Double Room with City View

I would recommend this property to everyone . The staff were phenomenal we got a fabulous upgrade and they could not do enough for us . The service was impeccable . The location was wonderful and the hotel itself is superb . The nicest hotel we have ever stayed in . They know how to do it !!!!

I found the hotel is very clean and very nice food and on the lake and every body were very friendly
    • Style Single Room

I do not like you carg me expensive rate and you do not give me room lake looking you but me in good room but on the Athree side .

I like the reciapcien and high quality services .

Great Location , but horrible car parking .
    • Style Double Room with City View

1. The hotel charges 30 swiss Franks per night for the car parking , I gave in my car and asked them is it an indoor or outdoor parking , they told me it’s an indoor for sure . Next day i asked for my car and when they car had arrived I was shocked ! Cats fingerprints all over the car and birds waste all over the car as well . I asked for the duty manager and explained to him the situation he told me they will clean the car for me but the problem is I doubt it’s an i door parking , and if it was an indoor parking for sure my car was used by one of their staff or was parked outside . Later on I found out that they just wipes the windows without cleaning the car itself .

1. Friendly staff 2. Great location

Great views over the lake.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Great views over the lake. Staff were all very friendly and spoke excellent English. The hotel has had all manner of celebrities staying there over the years and it's not hard to see why!

Fabulous Hotel with a great and friendly service - loved it
    • Style Double Room with City View

Quite expensive and shower could have been better

Staff were excellent and genuinely cared about their guests, rooms were excellent with great facilities, the Hotel has a lovely feeling to it and is in a beautiful location

Nice break by the lake
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

I like to the hotel decoration, it was so classic. The location is super perfect with lake view. I have experienced the most quick check-in ever. The parking valet service is great. The lake is just 2 steps from the hotel. Many shops, restaurants and cafe are around the hotel.

This was every bit the treat we hoped it would be. Fantastic hotel with great service.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

The spa is large, but has only limited facilities. A swimming pool would have been welcome.

Top quality, luxurious hotel. Fantastic location, overlooking the lake. Room was large and very well appointed. Excellent service.

Fantastic location and good hospitality
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The pillows. Too soft and flat. It would have been better if there was a pillow menu.

The location. The rooms are designed modern despite it is a hotel with long history.

I think I would pat much less to stay in a four star hotel instead
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Breakfast is poor. For 550 euro a night I expected rooms to be more spacious. House cleaning was only fair. Cups are not kept and cleaned.

Location is perfect from the main station ,

Good location but bed not comfortable
    • Style Double Room with City View

Double bed not big enough and blanket is terribly small as it’s the same width as mattress when it should be wider

I like the design of the building and good location

Exellent stay at the end of our 5 week trip.

Perhaps a pool in the Wellness Centre?

Excellent customer service, and upgraded our room. We also requested that the 2 rooms we booked be near one another, and they had them next door.

Will I do it again ? Yes I will always stay in same hotel
    • Lifestyle Junior Suite

Bed is not one piece as queen , it's link 2 single beds put together with me and partner have each his own blanket which is not good for romance and staying together in each Arm

Location, view and best of all the quality of staff in hotel,

OK stay at Schwiezerhof but dont think its worth the price we paid
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room was renovated but the bathroom was not, the tiles had been taken off and plaster painted with existing fittings, rather a contrast to the room. While breakfast was fine the room is rather dated and the staff seemed to avoid contact with customers. No welcome, nor being shown to a table had to find someone to ask for coffee.

Location of hotel, front desk staff, up grade to junior suit which was appreciated. Large renovated ( quiet) room with nice view of lake. Coffee machine in room, although not easy to undestand. Moulton Brown products in bathroom. On site underground valet parking

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Amazing moment in a place with lake few

I liked the hotel.

The stuff were so kind and the hotel is amazing around the shops, cafes and when we checked out they gave us gifts..indeed I recommend.

This is practical hotel to stay in with a perfect view.
    • Style Single Room

I would have liked to see a broader selection of white wine by the glass. There were only two on the snacks menu neither of which was nice.

Spacious rooms and really efficient staff

Excellent hotel and perfect location
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

Housekeeping needs improvement, spa facilities and services are few, toilets Design needs improvement

The bed is comfortable, the view from the room is spectacular, excellent location on lake lucerne, friendly staff, convenient parking , walking distance from all major attractions

Nice luxurious but friendly place in Luzern
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Carpets in the hallways are new but odd and old-fashioned. SPA entrance not attractive. Breakfast served in an huge room (not very cosy ), nice buffet but far from the tables and terrible coffee. Dinner was corect but taste of dishes was below expectation.

Very kind and professional welcome. Helpfull staff. Nice, confortable, well furbished room. Extra attention for our pet.

Not so great
    • Style Double Room with City View

Expected a lot more for a property that's rated as a 5 star... it was more like an old convention meeting hotel ... every corridor was bare and unwelcoming . The rooms were nice but the tv's was badly placed in a corner of our room . The bathroom was very ordinary . The hotel refused to send us a railway station pick up ! On the plus side the location was great but on the minus it's bang on the main road and there are millions of people around .

The location of the hotel is right at the old town centre...
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

The pillows are a bit too soft and more choices on pillow softness is recommended.

The location of the hotel is right at the old town centre and is very convenient. The reception warmly greeted us and all the other staff are very friendly. The hotel upgraded us from a triple room to a suite which is very roomy and comfortable. Varieties of the breakfast is satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Beautiful hotel, highly recommended
    • Style Single Room

Stayed here for two nights in May. Luxurious room, lovely and quiet. Extremely comfortable bed. Only a short walk from the station, even if you have luggage. Beautiful hotel - the staircase was so attractive I made a point of walking downstairs rather than taking the lift. Staff all extremely nice and helpful.

A great spot in a beautiful location
    • Style Double Room with City View

The walk to our room was unusual and required 2 different elevators. Pricey.

Our room's view of the lake and mountains was simply spectacular. The amenities were Swiss perfect. The front desk staff couldn't be more helpful. Great location!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Old classical style hotel in the heart of Lucern
    • Style Double Room with City View

Its about time some renovation is done. City-View room seemed a little out dated, lobby looked old and in need of a facelift.

Location, very friendly staff everywhere in hotel, each room has its own celebrity story and theme.

Perfect Location, Lovely Hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

I would have loved ironing facilities in the room

Rooms were great, spacious, clean & well appointed, I love the mix of classic architecture with a very modern twist, our room enjoyed a fantastic lake & city view with a balcony from which we enjoyed some lazy afternoon people watching. We ate breakfast & lunch in the restaurants, on all occasions they were good. The terrace is perfect for an afternoon drink & snack. Great location its an easy walk to restaurants, shopping & sights.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Worth the money.
    • Lifestyle Junior Suite

Worth the money. The best hotel that I have ever been to in Europe. They treated us very well and they are very welcoming. The room was really clean, neat and luxurious. Excellent for honeymooners. The location is great.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

I think it's the best hotel in Luzern you can stay in;
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

I think it's the best hotel in Luzern you can stay in; also they gave us an upgrade duo to our honeymoon which is the first hotel in Europe and swaziland appreciate that and gave us the upgrade. Many thanks

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Beautiful hotel with a rich history
    • Lifestyle Suite

Nothing negative to say. Although the shower in our room was very snug, we're not big people so I imagine it would be difficult to shower if larger than average.

Hotel was lovely and luxurious. We particularly loved the history of the place which was showcased in our room. Staff were very attentive, rooms were very nice, spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Unless you have good reason to stay, stay somewhere else.
    • Style Double Room with City View

Will not stay there again. Overpriced, 2 lifts and a long corridor to get to my room and poor customer service provided to my employer.

Location. Service by bar staff in the evening.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

A 5-star experience
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

Would be great if the entrance could have a ramp for guests with wheelchair or heavy luggage to wheel up instead of carrying up the stairs.

Fantastic location - lake view in front, Micros and old town shopping street at the back, 5-8 mins walk to train station. Room is very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The location is great, the junior suite was beautiful with...

Nothing at all

The location is great, the junior suite was beautiful with stunning views of the lake and the staff are very professional and friendly. Liked the fact that Carreras the opera tenor stayed in the same room with his signature on the wall

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Decent Hotel
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

We booked rooms with "Lake View", of course, the view is indeed of the lake and the mountains right in front of the hotel, no doubt, but somehow, the window is a standard sized room window and one doesn't feel the grandeur of the view, unless you stand right next to the window. Sitting on the bed, you do not have access to the view. So if one is booking this type of room only for the view (like we did!) one may be a little disappointed.

Location. Restaurant. Staff. Room amenities.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Unacceptable and unbelievable!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

I found my priority pass card was missing when I back to hotel after out for dinner, I reported to reception for this missing immediately, and told the reception that the house keeping came into my room to set up the bed for sleeping. The hotel finally found my card return to me BUT without any explanation! What happened and Why My card was missing? Can give me a explanation?

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Perfect hotel in a perfect city
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Better bath and body care stuff in the toilet, but it's not a big deal because essentials are provided already

Everything. The best hotel in the best & perfect location. Very good food. Super fast wifi. Very clean hotel. Amazing and helpful staff. This is my second visit and definitely will visit it again and again.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

A great stay, warmly recommended

Not sure...

The staff was amazing at this hotel and the location very central with plenty of restaurants around. I liked as well the room theme / decor.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Pretty destination
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

The shower is too small. Restricted room service food choices after 10 o'clock in the night. The person that took our order could not understand anything and English. We ordered a tea and A camomile and he brought us a bottle of water and a sweet.

In the center of the city. Very nice hotel. It's like visiting the past for a moment. Everything is nearby! Clean room!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Elegant and great location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The shower in our room was ridiculously small. My husband and i both found it annoying that you had to watch that you didnt hit the tap with your arms or hands and risk changing the temperature or accidentally turning it off. The bath is big enough to put a screen there to make it dual purpose, i dont know why they have a shower the size of a broom closet. I don't know if all rooms are the same? Breakfast was not included in the price which is ridiculous given the cost to stay there. To pay for breakfast was 70 franc per day which on the terrible AUD exchange rate meant $96 per day for us to eat. We opted for skipping breakfast and just had an early lunch or picked up a Danish on our travels. Switzerland is so hideously expensive so keep this in mind for budgeting

You cant beat the location of this property right on the lake. The staff were all amazing, lovely hotel with only minor drawbacks. Beds were lovely and comfortable with individual duvets

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Excellent stay.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with City View

We loved the courtesy and friendliness of the hotel staff, they were always ready to help with a smile, they were not time bound and definitely the property location was mind blowing. We had a wonderful stay.

Best Hotel in Lucerne
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

Breakfast should have been included in the price.

The staff were excellent - tending to every need. The hotel has the best location in Lucerne and such a rich heritage.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Swiss holiday in grand style
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

I felt breakfast should have been included in that price

The ladies were very cordial in the reception and they gave our kids paper planes to make them feel at home.Numbering of rooms was a novel concept.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Good choice for central Lucerne
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

Was expecting spa facility to be better laid out. A female Japanese tourist looked at bit put out to step out of the list and see a naked German man at the clothes locker opposite.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Best 4 nights in Luzern, Switzerland
    • Lifestyle Suite

The breakfast buffet needs to have more varieties.

The location is fantastic. All attractions are within walking distance. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Beautiful hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

We had requested a lake view on an upper floor. I believe we were on the fourth floor. The windowsills are very high. In order to see the lake we had to stand at the window. Next time, I will request a room on the third floor.

Our room was beautiful and comfortable. The hotel is in a good location and the room was quiet, given the location on a busy street.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Location was good easy access to all the major sites.
    • Style Double Room with Lake View

Spa area was very limited and should have at least have a hot tub. The sauna was only available after 5pm.

Location was good easy access to all the major sites. Concierge was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Livin' it up in Luzern
    • Deluxe Triple Room with City View

We had one challenge receiving a Chablis wine when we ordered Chardonnay with our room service. However, we weren't in the mood to complain as we were too tired. I am sure they would have helped us if we had complained. Also, I was a bit disappointed with the view from the room - basically a view to the back yard. Even the Nik Kershaws room-theme couldn't fix that (wonder if Nik actually stayed there). We made the booking through booking.com - maybe the pictures there set too high expectations. The breakfast buffet was ok, but again I had expected a bit more in a hotel like this.

The location in Luzern is absolutely fantastic - even though our stay was short we would like to return to Luzern in the future with more time to explore the city. We received very good and warm service even though we were quite shabby after a 10 hour drive from Italy. Everything we booked was delivered precisely and accurately. All things in the room worked - including wifi and air-condition. We also took advantage of the room service and had dinner in our room with great service and quality. Everyone of the staff we interacted with was very courteous, considerate and polite - so it was a pleasure overall being a guest at Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Complete lack of concern shown
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

As soon as we checked in, there was leakage of water from the ceiling which made the carpet of the floor fully wet. Although the leak was fixed quickly but the wetness of the floor remained. We requested the front office to change our room we were told that they will try but nothing was done even on reminding. There was a total lack of concern which was shocking for us as in our previous experiences in such situations the hotel would go out of the way to fix the situation by either upgrading to a much better room, even a suite plus try to compensate even more for the inconvenience. Instead we were being called several times to rush us to check out when the least they could do was to offer a late check out or worst case not to be after us to check out quickly considering the incovenience caused by the wet carpet flooring.

The location was really convenient. Also the decor of the room was nice.

Excellent location, friendly staff, free room upgrade.
    • Style Double Room with City View

Decor slightly dated but a lovely hotel

Excellent location, friendly staff, free room upgrade.

Staff, location, cleanliness, design

Staff, location, cleanliness, design

very certisfied.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

another tourist group was very noisy in the morning.

They offered us junior suite room by upgrade.

The view, the balcony, the location the charming old hotel...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The traffic noise though quiet with window shut

The view, the balcony, the location the charming old hotel with new twists

Highly recommended!
    • Deluxe Triple Room with City View

Very satistifying. We were upgraded to a upper junior room with a lake view. Location was perfect.

love
    • Style Double Room with City View

need to improve breakfast to meet international cuisine

so nice & comfortable the breakfast is limited option

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Value very high and not offering anything for babies . Limited types of breakfast

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Will come back for sure!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Beautiful hotel and location- great bar!

The location was very good

The location was very good

Stunning
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The staff. The junior room that we got upgrade to. Everything was amazing

Renewation and the location

Renewation and the location

Breakfast buffet was expansive

Breakfast buffet was expansive

• Style Double Room with City View

Excellent location, unique decor, comfortable bed, very...

Lacking a bit in concierge service.

Excellent location, unique decor, comfortable bed, very clean.

Old semi renovated hotel in the center of Luzern.
    • Style Double Room with City View

Old and not refurbished as one would imagine for a five star hotel

Location, welcome

Amazing hotel.

Amazing hotel. Great location. Very friendly staff

It’s ok
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The floor was uneven, wierd

Location is great!

They brought us to the hotel room when checking in.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

They brought us to the hotel room when checking in.

• Deluxe Triple Room with Lake View

The location, hotel, rooms, room view and staffs are all awesome. Beds are so comfy too. Everything is excellent, although it is quite expensive

Short stay but spoiled by the weather

The weather was stormy

Location and views

Excellent location

Excellent location

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Triple Room with City View

Basically everything, but the staff were wonderful