Reviews of Seeburg Swiss Quality Hotel 3 stars

Seeburgstrasse 59 - 61, 6006 Luzern, Switzerland

#28 of 70 hotels in Luzern

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

I asked de late check out and the men said it was to busy I wanted to grab a city tour and I couldn’t because they would not leave me the room for more time so I did not went to the city tour and there was no printer to use the computer

The room was small for our 2-week luggage, but we could manage.

The room was very clean. Everything is comfortable. The location was excellent! Even though it's not near the main train station, #24 bus easily provide the connection. The lake view from the room was to die for! I would come back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone!

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

There was no A/C available and in was hot in the room despite the fan provided. There was a function outside during one of the days and it was noisier inside the room (Although the hotel informed in advance).

Great location with a lake view from the room/balcony. closer to the city/Metro station and easy access to the bus and to the visiting sites. Helpful staff. safe neighborhood. Clean rooms and toilets.

• Standard Triple Room

Room is very tiny it finish as u enter although they have daily cleaning in room where we stayed Has big spider web with big spiderin window so u can not open window. Hair dryer is pathetic . No air condition in room so in summer it’s very difficult to stay..Fan they have offered but as rooms are tiny fan size too...Overall I didn’t like

Location is good and staff is good .Even they have veg breakfast which is included in price .Bathroom size is good.

• Budget Double Room

Parking was $15 euros, but easy in and out.

Location was great, right across from the water and beach club. We walked twice into the downtown area, about 2k or 20min, all along the water. Wonderful breakfast, although would be nice to have service outside. A very memorable stay!

• Budget Double Room

- The Wifi allowed limited number of devices to be logged in at any given time using your identification - 2-3 devices. This is an odd limitation given that a guest will have many devices to connect with.

- The view from the room was stunning and incredible. It does not get better than this. - The hotel was easy to get to. - Room was impeccably well kept.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

The only “problem” that we had was that the recepcionist did not give us the Visitors Card when we checked in, but we managed to get it on the next day. Anyway, beautiful hotel and nice staff!

The view was amazing!

• Budget Double Room

Very clean room and excellent location with scenic view of Lake Lucerne and the Alps. Like any other town in Switzerland, the hotel provides free bus ride to town (less than 10mins ride) where you can do all shopping and hunt for foodie.

Great hotel. If I have to to be picky, the only “minus” moment was perhas that when I requested fried eggs at bereakfast, the waitress said it was not included but I needed to pay for that. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed in for the past four times visiting Switzerland.

• Business Room with Lake View, Balcony and Parking

Reception was poor to check in, no explanation on the hotel, wi-fi connection Staff not very smiley, needed to ask for a caffe late to the waitress in the morning instead of her coming to us like she did with other customers. Check out was aswell as poor as check in.

The room with the view on the lake and Pilatus mountain. The proximity with the Center of Lucerne bus stop in front of Hotel. Amazing walks on the lake side. Breakfast was amazing

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Breakfast could be better, especially coffee. Prices in the restaurant a very high for what you are getting too.

If you plan to stay in this hotel, try getting the room with balcony and the view. It is absolutely amazing and worth every single extra cent. You won't regret it. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Lake View

The Check in and Check out experience was a slow process and very poor. On checkout nothing was prepared and it took about 20 minutes. The member of staff spent 20 minutes clicking the mouse to very little affect. Also, people were smoking outside the door and the lobby smelt awful!!.

The view over the lake was amazing and the rooms are fairly well appointed but nothing special.

• Budget Double Room

Very beautiful location and was kindly offered a lake view room - that was a wonderful surprise. The young man at check in was helpful and friendly - appreciated after my long (428 miles) drive. I will definitely use this again if a good price is offered. Food and drink were excellent, if a little pricey.

• Budget Double Room

The parking is not included in the price. For this location I think is impossible to reach the Hotel without vehicle.

The breakfast was very good. But the restaurant is small - only few tables.

• Budget Double Room

I believe the bathroom amd toilet looked dated or was lacking in comparison to the rest of the room.

The staff were very helpful. Upon arrival, we discovered we had been upgraded to a room with a view of the lake which was amazing. We were also given a free buss pass for the duration of our stay.

• Budget Double Room

Room was too hot, we opened the door to the terrace for comfort. Bidet non functional. Everything has an additional charge-parking, pet.

Wonderful view of the lake, good breakfast

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Nothing - Every thing was great.

Loved all of it! The view of Lake Lucerne, the mountains including Mt.Pilates from the hotel room are simply breathtaking! The hotel itself is fantastic and so were the hotel staff. Breakfast was great, totally worth it and they even arranged for a food plate (avocado, boiled carrots, peas, potatoes and fruits) for our 9 month old every single morning which was very kind and amazing about them :) The overall experience was superb! We would highly recommend this hotel at anytime of the year!

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Because of winters Bar section with Lake view was closed and this was not mentioned in hotel description when we booked it. They should have some more options within hotel for entertainment

Breakfast was really good and view from my room was great.

• Budget Double Room

thanks to all Hotel staff for your kindness. the stay was perfect, they gave us a ticket for the bus. The breakfast is very good. thanks to all my most sincere soulful !!! Juan V.

• Budget Double Room

Room was sparsely furnished with antique pieces that were not very comfortable. Had to walk all the way to the restaurant on the other side of the street to get ice. Ice was provided in a rather unclean bucket . It was disgusting!

Friendly staff and beautiful location.

• Budget Double Room

The location of hotel is quite good, and its service also very nice. In my room, there is a balcony which enable you faced with Luzern lake and have a cup of coffee.

• Budget Double Room

Staff did not smile !! And the hotel intervened and you are their opponent and not a guest when they have the clarity and lack of credibility in dealing did not tell that the parking in front of the hotel is not free I know that written in the parking positions paid but not in front of the hotel in the other and clear boards telling you that the positions are not free, but the positions I used were for The hotel did not tell me that it is not free and surprises at the departure and pregnant values ​​of positions and I told them I did not know did not tell me and one and Azmony and I was a fraudster to pay the full amount !! The hotel is lovely but the staff are friendly and friendly and Lissu is comfortable to work at the hotel

View and location

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

There is no air conditioning in the room. Only fan, which is good for nights but not for day time during peak summers. There is no refrigerator.

Mostly everything was great.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

The pictures do not reflect the truth and the pictures of the rooms are not close to the truth, I ordered the room according to the picture and how I arrive at the hotel suddenly everything is different, The cleanliness is not at all clean, and there is a lot of stinking smell on the floors and in the hall and next to the kitchen is very disgusting. That you come to a hotel, there is no one to receive you or ask you if you need help and you are always the one who should look for the people and call them and do not always answer and if they answer you are angry because you are disturbing. In addition, every night, people or children come and knock on the door and run away and you complain to the hotel staff they just explain to you how difficult it is to help you to avoid the situation.

Something else, I went to a hotel with a family and a lot of flight files, there was no one who helped me get them in and even no cart to carry all the bags. And the elevator is very small and to upload 4 bags I used the elevator 3 times and the same thing when leaving. I also asked them to add me breakfast exactly on the day and at the time of arrival they asked for extra payment and I agreed, and the next morning at breakfast I was told that I was not allowed to convene and that was in front of other people and I felt very unwell. Also parking - I asked parking of course all the time there is no space and if you manage to park 3 cars are blocking you so if you have a plan to go out with the car you must take into account the time to look for the owners of the cars that blocked you before, just do not recommend anyone.

I wasn't satisfied with my room as it was very dark n without air condition n I paid money for twin deluxe room but later on shifted to small room coz deluxe room was too dark n not worthy.

Surrounding n environment was nice

• Standard Triple Room

Parking, you have to walk around the terrace to get to and from parking lot, which, when it rains isn't so convenient...

Perfect location, great breakfast! Very clean room, comfortable bed.

• Executive Room with Lake View, Parking & Minibar (softdrinks)

We have two kids and had to pay for 60 CHF for the younger toddler (3 years old) but what has been added was just another set of duvet and pillow on the existing sofa bed. We asked if we could have the toddler in the main bed but it was refused. I understand that the room cannot have another sofa bed but 60 CHF for 3 years old was not comfortable. Breakfast was nice but cost more than 20 CHF, very expensive.

We stayed in a Junior Suite Room with Lake View. The view was stunning. Water bottles were supplied every day. The Sunset Bar (in front of the hotel) had a nice place for kids to play around. WiFi was available in the room and very fast. There was a bus stop in front of the hotel so there is no problem in transportation to the town and station.

What I did not like - well I did not like every thing: 1- Staff irresponsibility.(told them about the out of order telephone set but they did not do any thing + I begged them for 2 days for an extra fan and they brought a mini fan on the third day)??!! 2- No air conditioning. 3- No Working telephone set in the room. 4- Very small elevator. 5- The hot rooms.(the air fan was not able to cool the room). 6- The miserable breakfast buffet (my kids could do a better job). 7- No mini fridge or mini bar in the room.(HUGE HUGE MISTAKE). 8- 2 bath rooms in one room (one space for the toilet and one space for the shower) and the room space suffers from that. 9- Very small rooms. 10- Worn out towels. 11- TV channels assortment needs an update to more english channels.

location only

• Budget Double Room

The rooms were not what I was promised. On tip the receptionist made me pay 3 times because her computer so to say did not show my payment. My bank account now clearly shows I have paid 3times and we are in a procedure to get my money back.

I did not

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Lake view rooms are hot with sun directly shining in the windows. Hotel did provide a fan which was a lifesaver as the weather was quite hot.

Great view of the lake from the balcony. No air conditioning in the standard block rooms also no minibar or fridge. Could get ice from the restaurant. Beds comfortable and room was clean throughout. Staff was friendly and helpful. Provided bus passes with bus stop right outside.

NA

We stayed Luzern for 6 nights and the double luxury room is our favorite.Location is amazing, convenient transportation. I suggest you walk to centre as you will see the view that how magnificent it is.Room is so clean, excellent air and fully equipped. Room's service is perfect and fast. A nice balcony with table and chairs that we spent most of time for relaxing. It is fantastic time. Thank you!

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

NO AIR CONDITIONING! Just a fan in the room - no means of controlling the temperature during a hot summer stay in the room. Upon our check-in, we were not informed or given our free bus pass, this is a BIG oversight as we encountered unnecessary expenses, it would have been all smiles if all went according to plan. By accident we received the bus pass the next day.

The location is great! You get a bus pass for area 10 (most central) for free trips! The bus stop is right outside the hotel. Rooms are small, but modern and neat. We had a room with a balcony facing the water and the view was excellent! Once you return from town or a long day, your are glad you are further down the road away from the hustle and bustle. The restaurant was also good.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Old furniture (big closet) and old bathroom - from my experience it is rather common in Switzerland.

Wonderful Pilatus and lake view. Comforable room with very nice welcome fruits and snacks. I was surprised that I could sleep with windows opened as night cars traffic was not very big.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

AC would help to enjoy the stay during the hot weather

View was amazing! Location is quiet but close to the city. They also have bikes to rent and a bus in front of a hotel. But it's a really nice walk too!

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Price/performance (like for everything in Switzerland these days). We recently booked similar quality hotels (partly through booking.com) in Prague, Vienna, Florence, Budapest, Bologna for 2/3-rd (or even less) of the price of Seeburg.

Locatie, plus free bus to Luzern-centre that stops in front of hotel.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

The bathroom was extremely dated even though some fixtures had been updated. The shower and toilet were in two separate rooms on either side of the hallway and there was no sink in the room with the toilet. The toilet room didn't lock either. I don't recall if the shower did. The tile is blue and dingy and there was a weak attempt to conceal old plumbing in the room with the toilet. Also, the coffee provided in the room is less than ideal. The coffee pot and accoutrements were on a shelf in the closet. I didn't trust that it was clean.

This hotel is beautiful. It's located on the outskirts of Lucerne so there is some privacy from the bustle of the city. The hotel is adjacent to the road which skirts the water of Lake Lucerne and goes through downtown. There are walking paths and sidewalks all the way from the hotel to downtown. It's a bit of a walk so small children, infirm, and elderly may want to take transport. The hotel provides free bus passes. The bus stop is maybe a minute from the front door and will take you as far as the depot in the city. There is a bar/restaurant with tables scattered throughout their garden just across the road. While it's open late, we weren't overly disturbed by the noise. The staff are excellent. Also, the food in the restaurant is reasonably priced, delicious, and extremely convenient. The breakfast is amazing with scrambled eggs, bacon, an assortment of meats, yogurts, cereal, bread and the like. Unlimited coffee. There is great water pressure, plenty of hot water, and comfortable beds. The rooms are well appointed and clean. Our room had a water view and that alone was worth the additional cost versus the mountain view.

• Budget Double Room

The servers at the restaurant were for the most part just learning, so there was quite a bit of waiting for the order to be taken, food to be brought and had to ask for my coffee twice, go look for salt myself and use one teaspoon for all three of us. The rooms are on the smaller side, and the forest view is really not a view at all, the windows face a steep hill.

Beautiful location, especially if you have a lake view room or from the restaurant. The reception called immediately after the booking about the extra cot. The personnel are very nice. Walking distance to the Lido beach, and three is a bus stop just outside as well as a bike rental location. The hotel has it's own parking, which appears to cost extra, but was not charged at the end.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

I like the room but if kitchen facilities is working it would be more likely. The view was so amazing. The breakfast was good and the location near to train station where you can find a several entertainment activities. Plus shops. Staff were good.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Service left a little to be desired. Also, have to take a bus to get to the city center-we walked from the train station to the hotel with our luggage thinking it wouldn't be too far...it was.

The room was beautiful and the view out the window even better!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Business Room with Lake View, Balcony and Parking

The breakfast was not up to 3* standard nor was the evening meal. A road separated the hotel from the lake area and at times the traffic was noisy!

The staff were cheerful and pleasant, the hotel is well positioned by the lake (so the views are lovely) There is a very large grassed bar area on the lake shore.

• Budget Double Room

The hotel has a layout similar to a business hotel. Also they have banquet facilities and host weddings etc. So if you are a leisure traveller and prefer a more easy environment, this place may seem a little formal.

The two best things were connectivity and the view. The unhindered view of lake luzern was simply amazing. The bus stop is right across the hotel making the town quickly accessible to public transport. The museum of transport is also a walking distance away from the hotel and is worth seeing. The hotel is of good size and has all the facilities required for a comfortable stay. The staff was good and helpful for small little things that you may need. Our rooms were of good size with balconies facing the lake. ample of light and ventilation.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Business Room with Lake View, Balcony and Parking

Restaurant staff was stuffy and rude. We were dressed Casey, and after being told a table next to the window was reserved, a couple sitting nearby us asked if they could move to the same window and were told yes! When we calmly and politely let the front desk staff know what had happened, they simply said, "we will pass that on". We would not stay there again.

Great view from the veranda.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

The staff forgot to provide tourist card.

Splendid location and view (onto the lake, city and mountains), perfect breakfast (which is not the standard in Suisse), really big room and bed. Hotel absolutely perfect

• Budget Double Room

No AirCo On a hot day like we have experienced it was very hot in the room and the noicy fan didn't really help Had to pay for parking

Friendly staff at reception Got upgraded to room with lake view.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Rooms has no air cond in the original building side. We couldn't even open the windows because of mosquito

Beautiful hotel and lake view, friendly staff, nice restaurant, easy access to city center

• Budget Double Room

I was surprised to have got a public transport ticket at the reception during checking in. This is fantastic "undocumented" feature :) So silently! So clean! Very good wifi.

• Business Room with Lake View, Balcony and Parking

Nothing. Our stay was exceptional!

Amazing hotel, exceeded our expectations. Our room had a balcony overlooking the lake, fluffy bathrobes and slippers, amenities, and a very comfortable bed. Rate didn't include breakfast, bit we had brought some food with us and just had a lovely morning on the balcony taking in the view of the lake and the mountains. We felt pampered throughout our whole stay. The restaurant is excellent, creative and tasty menu - best meal we've had in our trip. Parking was easy and free, although it probably gets crowded in high season. The staff was very kind and helpful. We had a rainy day and they were very nice in suggesting some lovely indoor activities.

• Budget Double Room

One of the toilet facilities was out of order, and they cannot manage to fix it during our stay. My hotel charge was CHF240 only, but before I arrived they did block CHF304 from my credit card, and until now, one week after my stay, they still did not release the blocked amount yet, although they have already settled the hotel charge from my card "again" when I check-out, so it results in some sort of "double charge" (CHF240+tax+CHF305) in my credit card currently, I wish they can release the blocked amount soon.

The view is good, the hotel is near to bus stop.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The breakfast is quite expensive considering the buffet offer, which is quite meagre.

Nice rooms, beautiful view of the lake from the room's terrace, welcome set includes 2 bottles of waters, some candies and shower commodities. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful; the hotel features a very reliable and fast internet connection.

• Budget Double Room for Single Use

Sometimes I could hear people in a corridor, or my neightbours. It happens at 4-star hotels or even at old 5-star hotels. It didn't really annoyed me, there was not a lot of that. Moreover, there are available earplugs in the bathroom (didn't used anyways). Besides that everything was very good.

Great hotel! Staff, breakfast, all very good. Great location, especially if you like to walk, the views by the lake are great. If not, you can catch a bus, it stops right next to the hotel, very convenient. Plus, the hotel gives free bus ticket to use. Free parking worked great for me. Good free wifi. I actually was surprised that this hotel has just 3 stars.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Business Room with Lake View, Balcony and Parking

I didnt like the bed. I knew about it during the time of booking that we will be given 2 single beds but when you travel with your wife, you expect a double bed rather than 2 single beds !!

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Queen Single Room

The fact that there were renovation and the resturant was closed for lunch abd dinner - and were informed short noticed - expected more from the breakfast

I have upgraded my room to lake view - the view was nice and the room space was good

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

To have to leave after our lovely 3-night stay.

The view from this hotel's new panoramic restaurant is worth every penny we paid for the stay. Lit up like a fairy castle on the rim of awesome Lake Luzern, it was really easy to find the hotel. Reviews said that the pillows were thin and the bathrooms dingy, but we found fluffy bedding and more than adequate space in the bathroom; The water-pressure in shower and heating of the rooms impressive; Most helpful staff. An all-around fantastic winter-wonderland experience.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

The lake was very hazy for most of the time, maybe it is wrong time of the year to go in early December; would definitely want to go back in summer time! The car park was a little far from main entrance and it was quite difficult to find a parking slot as there were Christmas corporate events happening at the hotel restaurant

The staff so super friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Budget Double Room

The parking of the hotel was always full and I couldn't find a parking for my car so I had to park somewhere else

The hotel is very nice, we (couple) stayed there for 2 night, the room and the showers were clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. The hotel is about 3KM from the city center but there is a bus stop near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Budget Double Room

Far from the city but could be easy by bus, the bus stop is a few path from hotel. Credit card charged for reservation guarantee amount too much, over than booking price.

Staffs are really nice and helpful. The view from our upgraded rooms are stunning. Best for relaxing and chilling.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Budget Double Room

They did not allow to fill drinking water in the bottle.

I liked the location very much It was beautiful and very near to bus stop. The lake view from the room was awesome.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Budget Double Room

Only problem was finding the hotel. It is a beautiful, modern building, quite elegantly understated. It would, however, be good to have a brightly illuminated sign to make it more easy to find on a dark night after a long drive.

Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke English. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

No air conditioning in the room and can get extremely hot in the summer especially in the afternoon (you will sweat)

Amazing breakfast, very nice view and amazing balcony with transparent edges. Close to Lucerne by car but quiet and tranquil

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Budget Double Room

The hotel is on a main road that separates it from the lake but the rooms are quiet.

Location - what a view and we got a nice last minute discount . Comfy and clean rooms and good lakeside breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

a little bit noisy because very busy street between lake and hotel , small parking place, rather modest breakfast

location, view to the lake, dinner, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

The rooms were quite small which was okay but they were also very expensive. There was no aircon but a small fan was provided. No mini fridge.

We choose this hotel because we had a car and could park there. It was easy to catch the bus into the city. A good view of the lake.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Budget Double Room

We were only there for a night, but what a night! Upgraded, gorgeous lake views, amazing facilities (the bed and bathroom 😍), and a lovely outdoor bar right on the lake just across the road. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

As rooms do not have air conditioning the staff should close curtains or lower blinds to prevent the room heating up during the day. It may remove the 'wow' factor on entering the room but would certainly make it more comfortable.

The view of the lake and mountains from our balcony was absolutely stunning. The restaurant serves a very good dinner

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Not in the city centre but can easily go there by bus

The view from our room was superb. Breakfast room and food was good.

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Rooms were too warm, no air conditioning, just a noisy fan !

• Budget Double Room

Beautiful location. Directly facing the lake with breathtaking views of the lake and the snow capped mountains.

• Budget Double Room

Dated bathroom and bedroom can use upgrades

• Budget Double Room

Amazing view from our balcony!

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

Our room has beatiful view and very Clean. Nice breakfast...

Excellent location

• Double Room with Lake View and Balcony

The service was great and the view from the room was perfect, also we were provided with a comfortable cot for our baby

• Double Room with Lake View