Reviews of Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive au Lac 4 stars

Utoquai 47, Seefeld, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland

#63 of 121 hotels in Zürich

Happy to be there
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

İf you open the balcony door during the night time , too many insects were entering the room , when we telepnone to reception, they said that , they are coming from the lake and therr is nothing to do. They have to warn the guests about this problem

View from the balcony is great Beds are comfortable Breakfast was sufficient

Horrible. Would never go back.

Everything. See above.

Staff is horrible, rude and with arrogant attitude. The service for the most is basically nil. Not attentive or have any sense of servicing guests at all. My safe was broken into and something stolen. They did nothing at all to rectify or investigate the matter

Disappointing stay in an otherwise lovely hotel which fell below standards.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

We booked a four day stay for my mother and I as a special treat . However we were initially given a room overlooking concrete construction for a day and a half . Then we were told that we could move rooms and we had a wasted three hours between 9-12 waiting for the new room and then we were taken to the room and it had not been cleaned and was not ready. These upheavals of room changing and waiting and wasting time spoiled out very short stay which most of it was spent moving rooms and waiting. However the staff were always polite and helpful. We were looking forward to a picturesque hotel room as the hotel photos were lovely but our room was not . The second room had multiple mosquitos on the ceiling.

The staff were very pleasant and welcoming

The bed is
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

I booked the junior suite because I love to use the buth tub and I was happy the upgraded room had a jaccuzi.But when I was using the jaccuzi the water was leaking into my underneath floor room so I was asked not to use that.I could only to use the shower upstairs. No one had apoloziged for that. Disappointed.

The bed is comfort.Staff was kind. They upgraded my room to the grand suite.

Very good hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

In front of a very busy and loud street, very small terrace at the restaurant

Great acoustic isolation, nice room, excellent breakfast and the reception staff was very nice and helpful, and the lake view tops it all!

- nice service
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

- not worth the price - they could have more different products (breakfast)

- nice service - very good location - nice view at the lake - spacious room - good breakfast

Good to remember
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Booking through agency was bad experience booking . Com did not give the flexibility of changes needed sometime and this happened this time , early check out ( one day ) was a problem

The staff

Lovely view
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

I had a room at 5th floor and it seems it needs a little remodeling on the furniture. but the view compensates that

The lake view! Exceptional and it is worth the longer walk to the old town. Breakfast buffet is also excellent, with some choices you can make directly to the chef as eggs and pancakes. Staff is very friendly and welcoming.

Nice and comfortable
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

House keeping was poor( they didnt change the sheets for 4 days) Breakfast place is small and difficult to find place İnternet connection was difficult

Location View from the room perfect

Nice staying but could be better according to price ( junior suite)
    • Superior Double Room with City View

To access the internet was very difficult They didn’t change the sheets for 4 nights Housekeeping was poor Door automat was not working Breakfast place was very small and accordingly to find a place was difficult

Location was good Bed was comfortable Breakfast was acceptable Staff were friendly

we stayed for 6 nights and then traveled around Switzerland and returned for an extra two nights
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

there was nothing I didn't like about this hotel. I would highly recommend it

The staff was remarkable. From Top management to housekeeping. Any questions or requests were promptly taken care of. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in Zurich

Nice location/ not downtown!
    • Superior Double Room with City View

We stayed with a dog and for a Steigenberger I would expect to have at least a water bowl.

Location was great, near by zurich lake and good for a quick strawl with dog

This hotel did not live up to our expectations at all.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Everything. Attention to detail sadly lacking

We upgraded to the grand suite and were extremely disappointed at the level of attention to detail. A simple request for green tea took 3 different calls to reception and the television in the bedroom had no signal. Furthermore housekeeping failed to clean two dirty tea cups left at the kettle, and when we checked out we were overcharged by 400CHF. Although the front desk staff were extremely helpful this hotel is tired.

Avoid
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

Poorly trained and careless staff that cannot get anything right. Had to correct every single room service order, sometimes took three attempts to get it right finally.

78% good experience , 22% bad experience
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

WIFI was not good neither the front desk service girl at night . My feet got hurt , I called for the password of wifi , she insisted that I had to go to the front desk and got the password by myself !!Very bad manners on the phone and in the lobby!!! No one teach her how to service before she was on duty ?

what makes me satisfied most was the Zurich lake view , I could enjoy the view just opening the window in my room . Breakfast was good as well as the servise .even it was a little bit expensive ,but the lake view and the food were worth it . Front desk guided me the route to famouse views places. The best of the best was the Swiss , very friendly and helpful. All strangers on the road are warmth .

Nice and perfect stay .. many thanks
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed and Lake View

Thanks for the staff...breakfast staff reseption also ... The staff didn't say No for any things.. they are perfect and more than perfect View.. breakfast fast.. help me with my child .. my bags also ...

Ok for an overnight stay
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Noisy rooms because of the road; needs better cleaning.

Good location with the view of the lake, promenade. The rooms have balcony, easy parking very close by.

A fantastic hotel, with very friendly staff, neat rooms and...

N/a

A fantastic hotel, with very friendly staff, neat rooms and a great breakfast. Highly recommended. The staff were very helpful. Conveniently located opposite the river, near the old town.

Staff made this stay extra special for us, everyone went out of their way to ensure a perfect trip
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Breakfast could have been much better, croissants were dry, fruit salad selection was very limited and the restaurant was cold and not very inviting. Although the staff were lovely. Dinner on the first night the small plants on the tables were mini orchids and were mostly dead and were replaced the next day by hyacinth bulbs which have far too strong a perfume to be on a food table. However, everything was spotlessly clean and the glasses and cutlery shone.

Staff were superb, very helpful and mostly efficient apart from checkout which was a shambles. We had an invoice which was not nearly enough. We needed to correct it three times before it was accurate. Evening meals were beautifully cooked and the food was fresh.

Excellent location, helpful staff, clean and cozy rooms.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Nothing negative in particular but I would upgrade our city view room to lake view - the room we had was facing a renovation / construction site.

Excellent location, helpful staff, clean and cozy rooms.

The bed in our room was too small (140cm) for a double room.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

The bed in our room was too small (140cm) for a double room. There were always problems with the lock of the door, card didn't work The breakfast was ready only 15 min later than expected The breakfast was too expensive for what it was The staff at the reception was not very professional

6.0
    Four-star service at five-star prices. Has the potential to be a veritable 5-star hotel, pity.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

For a 5-star hotel, the bathroom should have had a separate shower and bath as its counterpart hotel does in Brussels, for example. Also a double bed is not twin beds stuck together, this is just poor. Hotel entrance very poor - presumably because they have leased the entire building front to Maserati. Staff were pleasant but all seem to be college students so one doesn't get the sense of responsibility or continuity in terms of service.

Lake view hotel

The noise from the road outside, very expensive breakfast -70CHF

The room was big and very comfort, nice bed and linens, fantastic lake view, recommended

Enjoyable stay at this pleasant hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Bed had 2 small cover sheets instead of a large single one, The WIFI won’t reach the balcony.

Excellent staff, Beautiful breakfast, Good amenities, fabulous location.

Nice quiet hotel on the Lake
    • Superior Double Room with City View

The breakfast needs more diversity and more staff at the breakfast area. The cleaning staff can be more thorough when cleaning the room. Lack of AC in the rooms was a disaster in August it was just so hot and we were thankful a fan was available upon request.

The location is directly on the Lake promenade, just cross a small road. The staff at reception were very helpful and nice. There is an option to park the car or the hotel parks it for you but at a pricey rate. The hotel is a 10 minute walking distance from the main downtown crowded areas.

Disappointment.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

The facilities are obsolete. In my room the sofa and the couch were so worn out that they really should not be put in use in a 4 star hotel anymore. The fitness was pathetically small with 3 pieces of cycling or related machines, the sauna area looked uninviting. There were two lifts and only one could stop at the fitness/sauna floor. The trick was, when the other arrived, you had to randomly press a number of the floor and set it away, then patiently wait for the right lift. The staff definitely needed to be trained to be a bit more hospitable. I understand in a place like Zurich it's impossible to have new buildings at this prime location or to largely renovate an old building. However, all those things summed up made my stay at this hotel a big disappointment to me. The pictures of this hotel on booking.com were amazing, that's why I booked it. So it was my own fault to hold my expectations so high, forgetting I live in reality.

The location. The restaurant Vivus was decorated in a stylish and elegant way.

The balcony was good
    • Superior Double Room with City View

I had a little issue in the hotel I forgot my glasses in the hotel room after I left the hotel and I sent this email (Hello!! I was a guest in the hotel and I checked out today morning from room number (414) I had problems and I think you're aware of it I forgot my glasses today in the room and I called to inform the guys back at the hotel with problem and they told me they found the glasses and they are going to ship to me..after 10 minutes I get call from you guys with lady saying that it was a misunderstanding and they didn't found my glasses and she said she going to look for them again and see what's the problem is and Inform the mangers so I called them back to see what happened a lady answered and told me to wait and they hang up and nobody called me back. This glasses are not normal glasses for me those are very expensive glasses I hope u replay to me your very good hotel and we enjoyed our stay and the staff was amazing so I would be glad if I call me back on this number(***********) And I'm really upset that the lady told me that they found the glasses and then called back saying they didn't and it wasn't really good when she hanged up on me and never called back I tried calling but I can't because I'm in Milan Italy for now. And thanks u in advance I hope I will be answered soon.) they got back to me with phone call asking me for my email gave them my email and they said that there going to send me a form to fill but untill now I haven't received anything from them and this issue has been going for tow days and I'm looking forward for your help I book all of my hotels from you guys and I will keep booking from you Thnx in advance.

The balcony was good The trips the hotel provide was amazing and in very good price The lake view The breakfast wasn't bad

Excellent hotel in a great location, with the best staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The room was very clean and the bedding made you feel so comfortable. We felt valued as guests. The staff were superior. They were very professional and friendly and made our stay extra special. The food is the restaurant was good, but we wished there were more offerings. One night the restaurant was closed for a wedding and we did not know about that and had planned to have dinner there but ended up ordering room service. The view was fantastic.

Not worth the money
    • Superior Double Room with City View

No A/C in the room and it was sooooo hot we couldnt sleep for 6 nights straight. Also the cleaning staff did not clean very well, the cups the table the toilet were always dirty after the leave the room! And theres no parking, and it costs 35 francs a day at a facility near by which is too much! So we paid 210 francs for parking only! I think the hotel is a bit too expensive since there are no facilities in the hotel other than a bed and breakfast (which was not included in our stay coz we heard bad things about it)

The staff were amazing, and the location was great.

The room was very comfortable, and the view from our balcony...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The room was very comfortable, and the view from our balcony was splendid! We sat on the balcony and watched the boats on the lake, and the mountains beyond. We also had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent and the waiters were very helpful and friendly.

Very nice. Would definitely stay again!

Somewhere to buy drinks and/or snacks other than restaurant. Like a vending machine.

Bed was great. Breakfast good. Great view. Good location. Extremely friendly & accomodating staff.

Lake views
    • Superior Double Room with City View

I liked being across from the lake but I was a long way from the train station and small cafes and restaurants so ate in the hotel. I was pretty tired so didn't want to walk miles for a meal.

A small, intimate hotel opposite Lake Zurich. I had a top floor room with a king single and a window with a tiny balcony overlooking the lake. It was perfect for one person well kitted out with everything you need for a comfortable night. A 20minute walk to the main shopping area but a beautiful spot. I only stayed one night but the restaurant was very good and the bed was comfortable. Good walk in shower and bathroom was clean and modern.

Good location, Cottage style rooms.

We had a double room and a triple room, however both were the same size. Even the beds were the same size. So, rooms are obly good for 2 people max per room. Service was a little slow. Had to keep calling reception for adapters, iron, etc. Probably as they seemed to be understaffed.

Loved the location, perfect for summer. Right opposite lake Zurich, walk across the street and jump into the lake.

6.0
    Nice view, shame about the rest of the hotel
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

Breakfast was appalling. Food supervision is not managed so presentation of food is most unappetizing. So much so that we called for the duty manager. However, no Duty Manager, So asked for the GM but no GM, and no Assistant GM, no Guest Relations Manager either so after waiting for 15 minutes the F&B manager finally arrived. The situation was explained and shown to the F&B Mngr and she confirmed that the breakfast costs would be deleted from the bill. However, at check-out this was not done. Fresh fruit not replenished, tomatoes and croquettes wet and soft and the eggs were appalling. We refused to eat in this restaurant, insisted for breakfast costs of CHF35 per person to be deducted and eat at restaurants in the city instead. We booked a Suite room 209. The room was very good with excellent views over the lake but a very strange layout as the bed faced a blank wall and not the lake. Unbelievable how this "interior design" is considered as the best for the room. No air-con either so very hot and sleep was not comfortable. I would not recommend this hotel. During the hot season it must be even more unbearable and noise from the main road means that the balcony doors cannot be left open to compensate. Breakfast staff very curt and rude. Desperate need for customer care and basic training in how to supervise and oversee the quality and presentation of the food on display.

Only the view

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

nice hotel by the lake
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

no air conditioning in room. I suppose its usually not hot in Zurich(?) but our arrival hit a heat wave. For a presidential suite, the bedroom is small with and there's no TV in the room.

We booked a jr suite and got upgraded to Presidential Suite which is 2 levels with our own Sauna. Staff are very courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good value!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

No air conditioning, shower not pleasant.

Wonderful view...very helpful staff. Good breakfast. Comfortable bedding. Close to Stadelhofen train station.

• Superior Double Room with Extra Bed and Lake View

Housekeeping was terrible. After their cleanings you could find your used coffee cups and the towels in the same place Wi fi didn't work well

Location, view, breakfast

Excellent location, valet parking possible
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Breakfast was dissapointing Place too small for the amount of guests, Young waiter did his very best but he was alone, other staff was not seen... Sunday morning 10 am - buffet was poor and only on request some things were refilled but poorly

Excellent location, valet parking possible

Wonderful two night stay, very relaxing
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

A little noisy in the evening with the boy racers on the strip!

Absolutely superb view across the lake, room was spacious with a small but usable balcony, staff were extremely professional and diligent.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Excellent, refreshing and feel good

The hotel was excellent. This is one of best hotels I have recently stayed with. Brilliant room and cleanliness. The reception and other staff where excellent. Please pass on thanks and appreciation to the reception and staff. Breakfast excellent view from Resturant. Love to come back.

Friendly staff. Bed could be better
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The bed was not comfortable and there was no complimentary water bottle in the room. The Wifi wasn't too quick either.

The staff at the property were extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Beds and pillows were one of best I've ever seen in a...

Decor is old fashioned

Beds and pillows were one of best I've ever seen in a hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean, however little outdated. Location is good and in a walking distance from old town and shopping streets.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Very comfortable room and excellent location
    • Superior Double Room with City View

One day breakfast could be more various.

An excellent big room with two balconies and side lake view, a nice bathroom. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is lockated on the lake. My expectations were exceeded.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

A Basic Hotel!!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

When you enter there is no one to help you with the luggage and it feels like you have entered a Guest House instead of a hotel. The facilities are pretty basic though we did not try the restaurant. The only saving grace to the hotel is their service because they have exceptional staff though you don't see any staff around. Their is no vibe to the hotel as it looks too empty. The bed was uncomfortable and would squeak a lot. The management should make serious changes to the hotel as it is at such a great location.

The Location is great and so is the staff.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Amazing view
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Breakfast too expensive but coop just around the corner, croissants for breakfast instead

Friendly helpful staff, loved the lake view room, worth the extra $

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

One of best hotels in Zurich

Nothing not to like!

Best location in Zurich! Amazing and most friendly staff specially at front desk. Many thanks to Olivia at front desk. Very specious panoramic rooms. Very clean. Friendly staff at the restaurant also.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Best to stay and wake up by the Lake.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The toilet cabinet is like a jail within the bathroom!

Heating equipment to keep you warm in room Breakfast View of Hotel.. Staff kind & helpful..

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Every time we r having difficulties when we r checking in!
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Every time we r having difficulties when we r checking in!!! Even we book two rooms every time without checking the reservation they treat us as we stay in the same room with my colleague. Last reservation took me 15 min and my colleague 25 min.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Zurich Small Postal Card

Price a little high but Zurich is very expensive city One normal Pizza 20 Euro

Front of lake view and very big rooms make us happy, best hotel as I see during more than 10 hotels I experience in Europe

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Enjoyed our stay for the second time same room
    • Superior Double Room with City View

No aircon and it was very hot

The receiption staff were very helpful Very easy to get around the town from on the trams .we were in 509 great room good view

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

اعجبني الموقع لانه مطل على البحيره
    • Superior Double Room with City View

لقد حجزت 4 غرف مطلة على المدينه ، وعند وصولي الساعه 5 مساءً استلمت غرفتين مطلة عالمدينه وغرفة مطلة على البحيرة لعدم وجود غرف و تأخر في تسليم الغرف الرابعة حتى الساعه 7 مساء ، و ذلك لانه النزيل السابق دفع مبلغاً إضافياً للتأخير و لم ترضى موظفة الاستقبال أن تعوضني بغرفة أخرى حتى أدفع 60 فرنك، مع اني جايه من سفر وتعبانه ، هذا أوقح تصرف شفته في حياتي 👎🏼 ما عندهم موظف يساعدك في حمل الحقائب ما عندهم موقف للسيارات مطعم الفندق ما أنصحكم تأكلون منه التكيف سئ جدا جدا I booked four rooms overlooking the city , and when I arrived in the evening at 5 received two rooms with views of the city and a room overlooking the lake to the lack of rooms and the delay in the delivery rooms fourth until 7 pm , and because previous guest payed an additional amount for the delay the receptionist did not accept compensate the other room so I pay 60 francs , although Iam so taierd of traveling this is the rudest behavior I've ever seen in my life 👎🏼 ....................................................... They Do not have the staff help you tote bags They Do not have cars parking I don't advise you to eat in hotel's restaurant The AC very very bad

اعجبني الموقع لانه مطل على البحيره غرف الفندق وسيعه Good Location The rooms are wide

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Beautiful hotel
    • Superior Double Room with City View

There was no air conditioning, for a hotel like that I find it quite ridiculous that there was no a/c especially when we were paying that much for the room

The staffer very helpful and the place looked great

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Good hotel in a good location.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Aircon did not work well. Some of the staff was good some was ok. Nothing extraordinary about this hotel.

Great breakfast. Amazing view from the rooms.

Location of hotel İs v
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Staff and also level of cleanliness

Location is well. Breakfast is also well

Even they are very old property, must upgrade the air condition and more staff to help the gusts
    • Superior Double Room with City View and Extra Bed

No air conditioning system in hot summer it’s rabbish

Location was wonderful

Clean comfortable hotel and very helpful staff
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Noisy rooms as close to main road

Clean comfortable hotel and very helpful staff

Convenient location and generally okay for a short stay.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Tiny, ill equipped room, comparable to a 3 start hotel. Everything very minimalist.

Convenient location and generally okay for a short stay.

view is amazing!

no parking, have to pay 36 CHF in nearby parking

view is amazing!

Old style hotel

Need renovation

Excellent hotel overlooking the lake

The visit was short

The concierge was very helpful and attentive. The location is perfect and the view is breath taking

friendly staffs.
    • Suite

the bath tub was out of order.

friendly staffs. A huge terrace. great location takes about 5 min to The Opera house on foot. Plus, Amazing view.

BAD!!!
    • Superior Double Room with City View

The bed was too small for two persons! The mattress was too soft!

The position! This is everything!!!

Very expensive compare with facilities and room size.
    • Suite

Very expensive compare with facilities and room size.

big room, nice view, and very good location, waking distance...
    • Superior Double Room with City View

big room, nice view, and very good location, waking distance to the lake and city center

nothonh
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Checked in a room with guest are in

nothonh

Great location, less than 15 mins walk to the old town.

A little pricey

Great location, less than 15 mins walk to the old town. Great view if you are facing the lake, can see Utilberg clearly.

Lake view and suite room size

Beautiful hotel.confortable . Iwould come back

The bed is comfy, lake view room is amazing

The bed is comfy, lake view room is amazing

• Junior Suite with Lake View

The room’s standard was not aligned with the fee we pay

GOOD PRICE AND KIND STAFF

NOTHING,EVERYTHING IS PREFECT

THE LOCATION IS SO GOOD,AND COULD SEE A LAKE VIEW,STAFF VERY VERY FRIENDLY AND HAPPY

The shower should be improved.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The shower should be improved.

It was really nice - everything as expected.
    • Superior Double Room with City View

It was really nice - everything as expected. Very friendly staff. No own garage but a public one a few meters from the hotel.

Browse Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive au Lac traveller photo gallery