Reviews of Cascada Swiss Quality Hotel 4 stars

Bundesplatz 18, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland

#16 of 70 hotels in Luzern

We had a very bad sleep due to the noise of the trainstation that is located in front of the hotel
    • Standard Room

The noise of the trainstation The parking is situated on the other site of the street and it can be entered by everybody. Room was very small and airconditioning also gave a lot of noise.

Breakfast was OK

Good location that won't burst your budget
    • Superior Room

Nothing much, but wish the rooms were a little more spacious. But otherwise, i think they've done pretty well with the available estate they have.

Very good location – less than 10 min from the Luzern train station, nearby restaurants and shops, about 15 mins walk to Old Town. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast spread was quite good. Also, ask for the complimentary travel pass (for buses) and free wifi at the Old Town for hotel guests!

A very nice hotel in Luzern!
    • Standard Room

My husband and I have spent at this hotel 6 nights on July. The hotel is located very conveniently, about 10 minutes walk from the main train station of Luzern. We have stayed in a standard room. The room and the bed are suitable mainly for slim people, but there are all the possible facilities, that make one`s stay pleasant! For example, the air conditioning is very good, there is a kettle and some bags of tea and coffee, and of course, I have to mention the free non-alcoholic beverages in the minibar, that are complemented every day. The breakfasts are diverse and delicious! The restaurant Bolero is very good, especially for those, who need lactose-free food. And the staff of the hotel and the restaurant is wonderful!

Very clean, staff helped with all our needs.
    • Superior Room

Very clean, staff helped with all our needs. Loved the I could choose from two different pillows. Enjoyed the breakfast at Bolero. Lots to choose from.

Great hotel, highly recommended

- Room was a bit small.

+ Great location (if you are a city center person). Everything is nearby (including the train station, the river and the old town). + Very friendly hotel staff. Upon check-in, the staff explained everything we need to know about the place and the facility. They attended to all our needs and questions with a big smile. + One of the nice things I saw here was the availability of free coffee and drinking water in the restaurant (I think till 5 pm). The hotel's lobby is small but you can go to the restaurant, it has a great seating area (inside and outside). + We were offered a free mini-bar that was re-filled daily. + Extremely clean. + Parking area behind the hotel at a reasonable price.

Excellent stay
    • Standard Room

Reception staff greeted us very warmly, explaining available facilities and booking a place in the restaurant for dinner. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was exceptional, with hot and cold options plus an egg station. Enjoyed dinner in the hotel restaurant on both evenings. Location was great: easy walk to the train station and old town.

Unique design and contemporary style furniture.
    • Deluxe Room

Unique design and contemporary style furniture. Nice, clean and compact room for family. Helpful staff. Very close to railway station and city center (~5 mins walk). Bus stop is just on the side of the hotel.

The breakfast included with the price of the room (I...
    • Standard Room

Location is good but it is a little pricey for being away from the hotel district.

The breakfast included with the price of the room (I wouldn’t call it free) was excellent.

great for a short stay
    • Economy Room

the aircon was meeting some USA standards of freezing you to the bone so you need to have at least a double blanket to stay warm. even though there was a sign not to turn the aircon off but to regulate the thermostat (on the radiator?..) that didn't help so I turned it off and slept well.

the hotel provided everything as described, room was clean, facilities were good, breakfast was good. very good for a short stay (the room was tiny. it was enough for me but I wouldn't want to stay there for more than one or two nights)

Excepcional, fabuloso!!!
    • Standard Room

I found the lighting and ventilation of the hotel restaurant insufficient, making the atmosphere very dark and the smell of the meals accumulated, making the atmosphere a unconfortable.

Close to the train station, making it easy to get around, the hotel offers a restaurant with a delicious and varied breakfast. The room is very clean and has a very comfortable bed. The reception staff was extremely kind. Vanessa and Rita were especially efficients when I sprained my ankle and they helped me in relieving the pain several times during my stay.

Good value for the money and convenient walk to the train station.
    • Standard Room

Location was a few minutes away from the primary tourist destinations (which had pros/cons).

Friendly staff and great "free" breakfast selection.

Hotel was great and breakfast was outstanding...just the dinner incident left a bad taste in our mou
    • Superior Room

Bolero was great for breakfast but when we ate dinner there we encountered a strange situation. We asked for water with our meal thinking we would be given Swiss tap water....instead, without asking, the waitress opened 2 bottles of bottled water and charged us $6.50 each...very unacceptable. Discussed it with the waiter who said I was supposed to get a carafe of water with my wine. He talked to the manager who did nothing but give us the carafe of water and still charged us for the 2 bottles. Not a good business practice. He knew we were tourists and would never see us again. You can expect our review to be very enlightening regarding this issue.

All was perfect. Never had such a wonderful breakfast with an amazing choice.

Bedroom and bathroom were perfect. Free non-alcoholic beverages available. The breakfast is a must (and dinner with tapas and cocktails were very good too).

Well located and quiet place to stay.
    • Standard Room

Check in was a bit messy but it was a busy week end. Standard room was a bit small.

Breakfast was great and Spanish restaurant is also nice for a meal in the evening. Hotel is located in a quiet neighbourghood, close to the station and within walking distance of the center. Standard bedroom is a bit small but if you upgrade to superior room, there is a lot of space.

Nice hotel - family friendly

No separation between kids sleeping space and main living area.

Nice hotel with very nice breakfast for vegetarians. Staff very helpful and knowledgeable about local tourism attractions Walking distance (0.5mile) to old city and attractions/ station

Wonderfully presented hotel & staff - but light sleepers beware
    • Standard Room

Noisy inside from other rooms. Trains passing every minute or less outside the window - ask for a room away from the street and railway if it disturbs you. Lots of thumping on the ceiling which didn't stop until after midnight. I asked for the highest floor possible too. These kind of annoyances still cause me concern in expensive hotels, many cheaper establishments have rock solid floors.

Superb level of comfort, the interior design, restaurant and staff all make it a 5 star experience. Rooms have everything you need, free mini bar, air con (seasonal), slippers, nice bedding and excellent light blocking from curtains and roller blinds. Breakfast is one of the most amazing I've ever seen in Europe, and certainly deserves applause for the attention to detail plus food on offer.

Great Hotel with fantastic staff
    • Standard Room

We were only in Lucerne for the one night and are really glad that we chose the Cascada , it was very convenient for access to the railway station and the city centre with both in easy walking distance. The Hotel was very modern and clean and all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good. Our one night stay coincided with my birthday so we were even more delighted to be given an upgraded room and to be provided with some nice birthday treats and touches to our room -the Hotel would have been memorable and got a great recommendation even without this extra touch which just proved to be the icing on the (birthday) cake -many thanks to everyone

Superb stay

None at all

The room was nice and spacious, especially the corner unit, which was even bigger. The breakfast was excellent! Never seen so many different types of juices available at 1 time before (I think there were 6 types). Was also a nice gesture to include complimentary beverages in the room's mini bar. Perhaps can consider adding a bottle of beer or 2 too :-). It was also a nice surprise that we could access the full gym across from the hotel that comes with sauna. Just ask Reception for a pass. Location was good. The bus that brought us to the train station only has 1 step up so no problem lugging the luggage up.

Great hotel for families with small children.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast is nice. Lots of choice especially for vegetarian diet like us. We specifically choose this hotel because of the parking they have (charge for 22chf per day and need to reserve). Staff is super friendly as they offer to upgrade the room with best price and she even bring us to look at the 'sample' room before we decide to upgrade it or not. The location is not far from the main attraction and the hotel will provide you with free visitor card which you can take bus for free and discount to enter museum and many more. we recommend this hotel for those who come with families with small children.

In twenty plus year of travel, worse hotel so far out of a 500+ hotels
    • Standard Room

They didn't have the room I paid for, but didn't tell when I checked in and after I had paid in cash, went back downstairs and I was informed that to singles beds were the normal for a double bed in the country by the Man at the desk and he refused to give my money back even though I just paid him 5 minutes early in cash. Every hotels in Luzerne I spoke to said this was a lie and the next morning the lady at front desk also agreed and apologised and also notice I paid too much money in tourist tax as well. But this was too late as I was tricked at check in and this is not away to run a hotel. They should be removed from booking.com. and they should refund money if they don't have your room you've paid for instead of holding customers to ransom.

Only Laura at front desk was very helpful and Claudia in the breakfast are.

Loved the breakfast!

Honestly I think the rooms are rather small and we stayed at a superior one. Parking is quite expensive, too, but you should expect that in all Switzerland.

I liked the modern design of the rooms - despite being smallish they are functional. Breakfast was great. Besides the variety of the buffet you can order eggs the way you like and they prepare them on spot in the open kitchen. The breakfast/restaurant room is very cosy and stylish- the best part of the hotel!

Resort just 5mins walk from the railway station.
    • Standard Room

Resort just 5mins walk from the railway station. Friendly and helpful staff, we checked-in 4 hours before normal check-in time and they also gave us the opportunity to extend check-out time for a little extra (10CHF per hour). Rooms are small but very cosy. Big HD flat screen with multi-channels. Amazing breakfast!

Great hotel, would definitely recommend!
    • Economy Room

I really liked the restaurant, beautifully designed. That was actually one of the main reasons that I booked a room at this hotel. Temperature in the room was comfortable, room was very clean.

Comfy beds and friendly staff

We had dinner at the restaurant for New Year’s Eve. A bit disappointed in the taste of paella. Bland and cost of dinner pricey. Restaurant manager was very apologetic and gave us a discount.

Good breakfast!

Excellent stay at Cascada!

No complaints at all!

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. About 5mins walk from train station. Wi-Fi was good. Very good breakfast. Room was clean and staff were very friendly. Loved the stay there. We took the triple room which was big enough for the 3 of us. We had dinner one night at the Bolero restaurant below at the hotel. The food was excellent. More so the warm service by the staff. Simply great.

I stayed with my wife for our honeymoon trip.
    • Standard Room

I stayed with my wife for our honeymoon trip. The experience was amazing! Hotel staff prepared rose heart on the bed with welcome card. Complementary spk wine and chocolate. The room is nice and clean. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant, it’s top five rated in the town and definitely deserve it! I’d like to come back again witu all these happy menmory.

Hospitality at its finest
    • Superior Room

A most excellent hotel for our long weekend, we stayed 3 nights 15-18 Dec, we had the most marvellous magical time in Lucerne and the hotel was the perfect place to relax after all our sightseeing and visiting the wonderful Christmas markets. Only 5 mins walk from the railway station and the beautiful wooden bridge. Our room was bright, warm, comfy beds, great shower. And breakfast buffet is the best we have experienced in many along time, great choices, all to our tastes, beautifully displayed and very tempting. Fresh breads, eggs to order, just so much to choose from. And ALL the staff we encountered were always smiling, friendly & helpful. The tapas bar BOLERO was such a great addition to our stay. Lovely staff, excellent choice of food and the house wine from the Spanish vineyard, owned by the manager of the hotel and restaurant, must be tasted. We WILL stay here again and totally recommend Cascada and Bolero when you stay in Lucerne.

Conveniently located, clean, hotel 5 minute walk from train station
    • Superior Room

The staff was so friendly and informative! The room was VERY clean and stylish. The restaurant was also good - great service. Alessandro was attentive and helpful; he made our dinner so much more enjoyable! Would stay here again. 10/10 recommend! The hotel is also less than a 5 minute walk away from the main shopping area/Old Town in Lucerne. Very convenient.

The staff (front desk/reception) was kind and helpful,...

The staff (front desk/reception) was kind and helpful, they answer all our questions about travel locations, the free bus ticket and the free parking was very helpful, the breakfast was very good and the gym was fantastic

Excellent breakfast, delicious dinner at the restaurant - be...
    • Deluxe Room

The family room is divided by a transparent curtain - we would appreciate a more opaque divider, so that the kids are not disturbed by lights after bed-time while the parents rest after the day.

Excellent breakfast, delicious dinner at the restaurant - be sure to book a place, it is very popular also by locals. Although close to the train station, our room was oriented towards the inner yard, so was very quiet. Easy walking distance to the city center. Family room was clean and provided enough space for a family of five (fifth member being a small baby sleeping in a cot).

A really great stay

A lovely stay. Very nice room , perfectly clean. The complimentary soft drinks was a nice gesture. Restaurant and bar were excellent Staff were efficient, friendly and helpful

A good, cosy place to stay at Lucerne...

Nothing in particular, excepting that the front desk was quite not interested in assisting with trip bookings- I eventually did a trip to Rhine falls on my own, a half day Zurich city trip & a Lucerne City walking trip as well : )

Well located- Very close proximity to Train Station & the Old town as well. Yet it gives a sense of serenity. Wonderful property. And they have a fabulous Inhouse Restaurant where we enjoyed dinner on one of the evenings that we stayed. Breakfast too is worth mentioning.... comprehensive & good.

A good choice to stay in Lucerne.
    • Superior Room

They gave us a surprise for our honeymoon - nice room decoration :) Room was clean and spacious. Location is good, just beside the train station. Free minibar. Breakfast was good. We enjoyed our time in Lucerne.

A Safe Choice in Luzern.
    • Standard Room

Areas of improvement: - By North American standards, this is a $120/night Holiday Inn kind of hotel. So the fact that it's about twice that price kind of stings! But this is Switzerland so probably not much that can be done about the price! :) - They advertise themselves as having "soundproofing" on Booking.com. I would like to know exactly what part of the hotel they soundproofed because I could hear everything! You hear people in the hallways, you hear your neighbours talking, and snoring at night, you hear the person (or party of elephants) stomping around the room above you, and worst of all, the trains! I wanted to stay within walking distance of the train station, but perhaps this was a tad too close! The hotel is located across the street from the train tracks leading into the main train station. So you hear the squeal of the trains braking all night long! Not good for light sleepers! I would be willing to stay here again, but I would look around a bit first to see if I could find a better value elsewhere.

The location is great--five minutes' to the train station, the covered bridge, and the boats to Mt Rigi, etc. Staff members were very friendly and helpful. The room is very clean and modernly decorated. The room includes a kettle, and a mini fridge stocked with free drinks (unfortunately all carbonated). Still water is not provided, however they encourage you to drink their tap water, which is very good. The bed was relatively comfortable. Pillows were very flat though, and there were only two on the bed. The bathroom is clean and bright, with a shower that could seemingly double as a fire hose, it's pressure so strong!

Location near to Main rail Station

check in time was 15:00

Location near to Main rail Station Nearby to Coffee Shops and Restaurants Amazing staff very friendly and helpful Walking distance to the old town Top Rated restaurant at the hotel in TripAdvisor Fast WiFi Connection

satisfaction
    • Standard Room

We had a dinner there two times. Satisfied one time. Second time waiting too long to be served, and cod fish not cooked. We were offered an alternative but we decline it as did not correspond to our taste and also too late.

location related to train station and the old city Breakfast to find everything which is needed.

friendly and helpful staff.
    • Economy Room

friendly and helpful staff. Modern décor of room/bath,. Good shower. Breakfast room good ambience and excellent food selection. Stayed 2 separate nites. Big welcome back sign on room door. Easy flat walk from station.

We only stayed one night but were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. Able to walk there from train.
    • Superior Room

Quite expensive, but maybe not so for Lucerne.

Very helpful staff. Free bottle of water given for our next trip was an appreciated gesture. We were also able to borrow a travel plug after leaving one in the last hotel. Nice room and bathroom though not large.

Beautiful Cascada
    • Standard Room

Great location, within walking distance to everything. And about a 4 minute walk to the train station. Lovely! The staff are so friendly and extremely helpful! The breakfast is delicious, mimosas and fresh eggs to your liking everyday! Thanks for the wonderful stay!

Very pleasant and efficient staff, good food at the...
    • Standard Room

The room was smaller than we expected but the space in it was well utilised so did not feel cramped

Very pleasant and efficient staff, good food at the restaurant plus a 20% discount for hotel guests, unfussy and sleek room decor

Perfect place for fun and family

The breakfast was amazing Very friendly staff They always guide properly about any question you asked Location was very good Very clean hotel and equipped with all necessary things I just love it

Would definitely return.
    • Superior Room

Excellent experience right from check-in. Parking is in the hotel car park and there's no height restriction so you can just drive in, even with a luggage box on your car. Breakfast was excellent and we also tried out the paella in the hotel restaurant which was fantastic. Staff were superb, the rooms well furnished and clean. Amazing shower. Our room had a small balcony. Within 5 mins walk of Lucerne train station and the Old Town, it was a really good location. Would recommend.

Excellent, staff was amazing, rooms very clean. Beautiful property.
    • Superior Room

Great food Tappas and amazing bar. Everyone was so friendly and kind and helpful. Love this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling there.

Exceptionally great stay!

Nothing, expect the rain 😁

Fabulous food, drinks and staff! Everyone in our group of 13 loved our stay. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all so delicious. Coming off a Viking cruise we were not expecting to be spoiled still, but the stay was perfect. Could not have been better. They rushed to get our rooms ready early. They had umbrellas for us to use in rain. Bus passes, maps, Great dinner recommendations, (Bolera in Lobby and Prizzi) they even had bag breakfast for us at 6am when we had to check out. We all said we will be back again for sure!!

Good staff but not a very great property !
    • Superior Room

The room was extremely small. We had already informed that we have a child with us, still we were given the smallest room with the smallest bed and the smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. thankfully the location was good so we stayed outdoors most of our trip coz we knew we wouldn't get enough rest in the hotel anyways. It was actually claustrophobic. Clearly this hotel is not good for families.

Courteous friendly helpful staff. Great breakfast spread everyday.

Cozy, comfortable, and convenient boutique hotel.
    • Economy Room

Hotel was perfect for my needs. Easy walk from the main train station and within walking distance to all the Lucerne sites. They offer a free tram/bus voucher for your use while you are staying with them, so this is a convenient alternate to walking. Room was clean, wifi was accessible, and breakfast was included and was excellent.

very good hotel
    • Standard Room

Ac makes some noise during the night. no waiting area to sit in front desk area

good service, nice restaurant, great food, nicely facilitate, beds are comfortable. great location, walking distance from train station. 2 bus stops to train station and the port. many bus lines in 2 minutes walk

Good location.
    • Superior Room

Good location. Warm welcomed from front lady and give us lot's of suggestion. Walk 10'' to the city center. Good breakfast. Private parking but a little bit expensive(22CHF). OK I known. This is Swissland. Anyway Recommended hotel.

Eggs cooked any style for you in the morning for breakfast
    • Superior Room

quality/price ratio too expensive also considering that the location is neither on the lake side nor in the Old city

Eggs cooked any style for you in the morning for breakfast Cattle/boiler in the room

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Good accommodation in central Lucerne, near old town, harbour and trains.
    • Superior Room

The hotel, while near the central train station, still requires the use of a taxi (about CHF20) if one has luggage as it is a bit of a hike otherwise. However, good central location to visit the old town and harbour area. The room was well furnished and comfortable although small (not unexpected). Breakfast was fine, self service buffet with lots of choices. WiFi was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. There is a small lift for a couple of guests at a time, and there are small level changes/steps to the floor in the corridors one needs to watch out for.

Awesome hotel, very friendly stuff!
    • Standard Room

Eveyrthing was just perfect! Especially the check in/ out stuff - the girls were so friendly, I felt like home. P.S. : One girl from the stuff even spoke bulgarian :)) Много поздрави за нея! The mini bar was also free. I would love to stay there again! Not far from train station.

excellent helpful staff especially Tanja.

the location was opposite train station so not so attractive but very convenient for those people arriving by train

excellent helpful staff especially Tanja. The family room was very clean, modern and spacious with complimentary mini-bar. Breakfast was sensational and the paella at Bolero was AMAZING!!!!

Wonderful hotel in Lucerne

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. The room was ultra comfortable with beautiful decor. The breakfast was extensive and tasty and the free coffee in the afternoons, in the restaurant, was very welcome. It was also very well located, near to the railway station and within walking distance of the river. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Ideal place to stay in Lucerne

none about the hotel, mostly the area/ exterior which is for me too close to the train station.

Staff were very accommodating and friendly, including the ones from the restaurant. They are very attentive to our needs and they made our stay relaxing! No hassles at all. oh, and the breakfast was SUPERBE!

Excellent place to stay!
    • Superior Room

The superior room could have been bigger.

The staff was terrific, the breakfast was excellent, the location is close to the train station and it was great having free bikes to use.

Good value for money in the center of Lucerne.
    • Standard Room

Nothing to be critical. But the shower draining worked not very good.

The Cascada Swiss Quality Hotel is located in a few minutes on foot from Lucerne’s main railway station in the central but quiet place. The room decorated with photo panels displaying waterfall, very clean and comfortable (but not very large). There was a very large LED TV, an electronic safe and a refrigerator filled with free non-alcohol drinks in the room. Very good varied and delicious breakfast and a restaurant in Mexican style. Friendly and helpful English-speaking staff.

Breakfast choice was excellent and very good quality.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast choice was excellent and very good quality. Staff were professional, friendly and had good recommendations for local restaurants. Restaurant in hotel itself was very good for an evening meal with plenty of choice and high quality food.

Staaf and their service were good. Only problem was with room space to small.
    • Standard Room

The room size is very small not good for family. Thought while booking the room it shows this room as a family room which i don't agree with.

The location was very good its very near to lake and station

Lovely hotel on the edge of the best area
    • Superior Room

Location was on the south edge of the best area of Lucerne. Everything was within walking distance, but not in the heart of the tourist areas. Many students milling about at the bars and restaurants nearby made for some boisterous walks home, but I would not call it unsafe. I would stay again for the same money vs. other hotels in the city though as the accommodations more than made up for any small inconveniences.

Very nice hotel with updated rooms and bathrooms. Outstanding breakfast. Lovely staff.

Comfortable Hotel With A Staff That Truly Cares
    • Standard Room

Bathroom sink is too big for the space, leaving almost no room to do anything on the small remaining counter space left.

Staff really cared. Hotel is well put together. Breakfast buffet was excellent.

Fair
    • Standard Room

There isn't actually a fitness&wellness center in the hotel, it's in fact another center you can pick up coupons at the reception to get into.

Pretty clean and the room is comfy; the staff are nice

Loved it!!!
    • Standard Room

My family and I loved this hotel! The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. Every request we made was answered by the very attentive staff. Laura was especially amazing! We forgot a toothbrush and they provided one in a second. The breakfast had everything you can think of, both tteenage boys and my husband and I were very happy with the quality and the selection.

Compact room with air conditioning, short walk from downtown.
    • Standard Room

Price was a little high considering the size of the (standard) room.

Breakfast made a change from the usual ham and cheese. Restaurant was good in the evening. The a/c in our room worked well, although the controls didn't seem to make any difference.Hotel was perfectly fine.

The hotel staff was great, especially Sonya from the...
    • Superior Room

The hotel staff was great, especially Sonya from the Reception was great and really helpful. The only problem was the price was very high, also considering how small the room was.

Good clean option in Lucerne.
    • Deluxe Room

Omlettes could have been cooked better.

The hotel is basic but comfortable. Close walk from the station so not too much trouble with luggage. Walk to the lake and all the restaurants is about 15 minutes. Breakfast was full hot and cold and very good. Free soft drinks in the mini bar was nice touch. Deluxe room was good size and comfortable for family of 4 with 2 small kids. Its in the business district and action is in old town but still a good option.

Awesome experience with fantastic staff
    • Superior Room

Very little would fall into the "what didn't you like" category. Pillows, even the firm contoured ones, were too soft and not supportive enough. The slats under the mattress kept creaking and groaning with every turn. Staff tried their best to fix, but weren't able to. Air-conditioning wouldn't cool enough, and we were there on some of the warmest days (by Lucerne standards).

The entire package! The staff - Sonja, Arlinda and others at the front desk, in the restaurant Bolero, the housekeeping staff and others behind the scenes - were all fantastic; huge smiles, very friendly, courteous and helpful. Bolero - good food, ambience. Breakfast buffet had variety and quality. Desserts were very good too. They let kids into the kitchen to "build their own icecream", which was a hit with our little one even though the ice-cream itself didn't feel remarkable. Location - Walk 10 minutes to Lucerne bahnhof, 15 minutes to the Chapel Bridge, 20 min to the Lion monument, 15 minutes to a small free family beach, 5 minutes to Coop and Migros grocery stores if you're so inclined, 5 minutes to a public park with swings, slides, seesaw, etc. for kids (big hit; went there almost everyday) and where people play "street chess" with giant pieces, and plenty of restaurants all over the place. Very well sound insulated to where train and street noise is minimal. View of Pilatus from balcony (not all rooms have that view I understand).

Cascada Lucerne a very happy experience.
    • Superior Room

Would have liked being closer to old town but this property has everything else going for it.

Gracious, helpful staff. Air-conditioned facility. Delicious free breakfast. All three nights dinner in Bolero restaurant with an interesting varied menu and a bonus discount to hotel guests for dining there. Churros with chocolate a lovely surprise at dessert. Shower rather than bath perfect for us. Comfy bed. Would happily return.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Excellent Hotel with Great staff
    • Superior Room

Price of room, which is typical of everything in Switzerland is very expensive.

Breakfast was included in room rate and it was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Thanks to Arlinda at the front desk and Roberta for looking after our room.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Love you Cascada, will be back again just for you!
    • Superior Room

It was perfect , no complaints

Excellent location,bubbly ,friendly , extremely helpful staff who have been brilliantly trained . NO is a word not used in Cascada. The restaurant staff were courteous and enthusiastic. Housekeeping was very good aswell. Overall , our trip took off with a perfect start at Cascada which felt like home . Love you Cascada .!Thank you all at Cascada for the perfect experience . Special mention Corinne, Arline and Olga at the front desk , love your spirit and efficiency

Great Hotel!

The triple room may not be very comfortable for a group of three adults.

The hotel is in a great location. The room we stayed in was also very clean. We appreciated the free drinks from the minibar and the wonderful breakfast selection. Hotel and restaurant staff were really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great location & a modern hotel in the city
    • Superior Room

Very clean modern rooms, in a great location. Just a few minutes walk to the lake & Chapel Bridge. Car parking is on a bit of open land a few hundred meters from the hotel, requiring key access, but isn't too difficult.

The Staff at the Reception while checking in and checking...

The Staff at the Reception while checking in and checking out was very nice . While checking in All the information and his free bus pass was provided to us. And while checking out Staff was very co operative and they even took penny euro & chf coins .Impressive

wonderful place to stay
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was awesome. We really looked forward to eating each morning. staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very nice and clean. Close to the train station and can walk back and forth very easily.

Very modern

We were given Too small room for 3 (the extra bed was stuffed in the room) Slightly suffocating. Other than that, no complains

Very modern room but very small too. Breakfast very good variety. Staff were helpful.

Fully suggested Lucerne hotel to stay

Parking space and price.

Very cozy and designful hotel. Just 7 mins walking from the lake and the old center. What surprised me, except the politeness and cleanness, was that breakfast and mini bar were included in the price. After so many travels is one of the few hotels, in this category, that do this.