Reviews of City Oberland Swiss Quality Hotel 3 stars

Höheweg 7, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland

#36 of 51 hotels in Interlaken

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

They charged us extra for very basic requests.

They charged us extra for very basic requests. For example, 9 month old infant goes to dining room in mother’s lap (since she couldn’t leave her at room alone) and gets charged full price for breakfast. Ridiculous. We requested a refrigerator and microwave. (We we’re traveling with two infants and needed for kids meals) microwave was not available and ref was charged at 25 franks per night. They didn’t allow us to use their microwave either.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Room -good and big. Location good near to interlaken west station, breakfast poor,
    • Superior Triple Room

Breakfast No small fridge / refrigerator in room for cooling of beer. I.e. no mini bar..yet u can get drink downstairs.. No Air conditioning Room service paid even to get the spoon u have to go down. No water bottle provided for day

Location.. Superior room were good Back door indian restaurant Front door supermarket named coop

This hotel is totally recommended as follows:
    • Standard Single Room

The 2 withdraws were the price , is expensive but compared to others in interlaken it is ok. The second one is there is no small refrigerator in the room.

This hotel is totally recommended as follows: 1- The location is perfect , 3 minutes walk from interlaken west train station and on the main road . 2- The staff was very friendly and helpful , I left my luggage without any fees. 3-The room has a terrace , the bathroom is not small. 4- The room and the hotel were clean. 5- The WiFi was fast and without entering any password. 6- The room size was convenient.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Excelent hotel, in the city center, very clean, helpful staff, I would like to be back
    • Standard Single Room

Maybe a small fridge in the room would be great. The elevator was old and small in the residence.

Excelent hotel, in the city center, helpful and polite staff. The hotel is situated in the city center, few minutes from west railway station, few minutes from the bus station, near Coop supermarket and CoopPronto supermarket. Tourist office is also very close. The staff is kind and helpfull, the reception is open all day, all night, the hotel has two restaurants and one bar. The single room in the residence is enough large, has many amenties, good shower, good wifi. Breakfast is various with many meals and drinks. I had a fan in the room, but not aircon. The residence is back of the hotel. The hotel is very clean. The mountain view is amazing. There are many shops and restaurants close to the hotel.

Clean wide room
    • Superior Triple Room

Clean wide rooms.They give free bus ride ticket .Free car park

Glass bathroom door for family room!! The woman in the reception was not nice at all.The noise of the street.

• Executive Triple Room with Air Conditioning

Staff while checked in extremely rude, came as a group of 10 people with 5 rooms and they gave us rooms in the old side of the hotel which was disgusting and requested ac rooms and to upgrade and the guy at the reception extremely rude told us no ac rooms available and then checked on booking.com and it was available. Basically the staff not cooperating at all. Do not recommend this hotel to anyone

Mass tourist hotel in the hearth of Interlaken.

The hotel is suited for bigger Indian and Chinese groups arriving late evening and leaving the next day. It's less for small individual visitors looking for a memorable longer stay in a wonderful hotel. Rooms are smelly and need some renovation.

It's well located near the train station Interlaken West and the main area. Rooms are big. Overall for the price you pay in this tourist hotspot it's ok if you stay one night.

Avoid if possible. Location and pricey air conditioned room was the only plus.
    • Executive Triple Room with Air Conditioning

1) very rude staff (reception, housekeeping, breakfast). We didn’t bother speaking to the manager since they all had the same attitude. 2) dirty rooms; it appears the room was never vacuumed the entire 6 days we spent there (two pieces of coco-pops were on the floor through-out the full stay). There were cob-webs, spiders, and other insects in the bathroom and bedroom. Beds and pillows were uncomfortable. Hairdryer didn’t work and faucet was leaking. No mini-fridge in the room. One house keeping staff (with her huge towel bins) insisted she take the elevator to go up when the elevator was clearly going down because she was there first and insisted on screaming at me until the elevator door closed when I pointed it out 🙄 3) breakfast; one of the worst I’ve seen in all my years of travel. Extremely limited - scrambled eggs were dry and tasteless (you would need to pay extra if you were to order a different kind from the kitchen - I learned that the hard way by getting yelled at to pay if I wanted to order anything extra/different from what’s already available), boiled eggs are also available, dry croissants that would often finish half way through breakfast without being replenished, honey solidified, and some nasty chocolate spread which even the kids refused to eat (no Nutella). Tables were dirty and would remain uncleaned after the guests leave. The staff would “choose” which tables we’re allowed to eat on because they had already cleaned the tables next to the windows in anticipation of lunch!!!! When I insisted on sitting next to a window, I was led to the smaller room on the right and to a dirty table with stained table-cloth and was told to eat there since I wanted a table next to the window. Breakfast staff would also throw a fit if we forgot our breakfast coupons and we would not be allowed to eat without presenting them first. This can be easily avoided with a proper computer-based system (21st century!!!

Location and pricey air-conditioned room was the main reason behind choosing this hotel despite the negative reviews

Location is perfect, staff are courteous and responsive,...
    • Superior Triple Room

The bathroom door is kind of a little bit see-through material which needs to be fixed.

Location is perfect, staff are courteous and responsive, facilities and room were clean and the breakfast was good.

Except the location, avoid if you possibly can!

- The breakfast was served in the restaurant Mercato which is next door to the hotel, and the place was extremely cramped with very less variety. - The beds were just okay, it could have been better for the amount I had paid (I went during the off-season) - Noisy neighbourhood as it is located in the city centre, and you'll have to open the windows as it was very hot and they didn't have air-con, they do have a fan which comes in handy. - The view from our room was that of an old building that looked like a haunted house.

The hotel is at a great location with easy access to Interlaken Ost and Interlaken West stations, and it was a decent stay. It wasn't extremely comfortable but being a tourist for couple of days, this just works fine. The staff at the reception were friendly.

In interlaken , you don't have a lot of choice but this...
    • Superior Triple Room

In interlaken , you don't have a lot of choice but this one is quite fit family need although the price is little bit high but acceptable. For self driving trip it's okay to interlaken ost but for people taking shuttle they need more time but hotel offer free transport ticket. Room is okay for family , clean and confort.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

a reasonable option in expensive Switzerland
    • Standard Single Room

Location was noisier than expected -- loud pulsating music from the "Latino bar" across the way until 1:30 am on Friday night

Convenient location, walking distance to everything. Breakfast (in the pizzeria) was basic but nice -- the ladies who worked there were extremely nice, despite several patrons being demanding and rude to them. Reasonable by (very expensive) Swiss standards.

Great location, comfortable room, friendly and helpful stuff.
    • Standard Single Room

Great location, comfortable room, friendly and helpful stuff. The breakfast which I paid for on the second day of my stay could have been better but still ok considering it was only 18 Swiss francs.

Poor hotel and poor management as well.
    • Standard Single Room

Poor hotel and poor management as well. I was with my family and friends there last week and we stayed there at their hotel one night. We did a mistake and we booked two rooms as single room for 140 SFR each. When we came to the hotel the receptionist said that it is wrong reservation once we did single room for a family. And then they my said they will fix that wrong and then we will not pay anything. Second day I went to the reception to extend one more night and then I found the duty chief their asking me to pay extra for the first night as 80 SFR per room. I told her we came yesterday and you colleague fix the mistake that we did and he told us we don’t need to pay extra and now you are asking me to pay extra. She start screaming on me which is not professional at all. We decide to checkout immediately. This is non transparent deal and it is a cheat because if we will know that then we will not stay there at that night and we could go and find another hotel. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Best in Interlakken

It was all amazing.

This hotel is a hidden gem stone. It is amazing. I loved everything abou tit. The location is central and easy to get to very close to the train station.. the hotel is very clean, on the fancier side, has a chocolatier attached to it and has a few restaurants around it. Hotel staff are absolutely the best I have ever had the pleasure to stay with. Hugo was the best. His infromation is to the point, he is a good planner and he gives u magnificent advice. he was honestly the highlight of my stay.

Clean , simple & modern hotel for a fair price with a basic breakfast

Our breakfast was included so we got coupons to use which we misplaced. the hotel will not re-issue them so we had to scramble to find them. they should have a better system of verifying given these breakfast runs 18 francs per person. its 2018 , they should use something electronic .. the rooms are basic and bathrooms a bit smaller than expected but maybe we are comparing it with US standards , for europeans it might be ok.

the property is clean and located in heart of the city. One can walk around to many restaurants and shops. It is also in front of a bus stop which is very convenient . Our room had a small balcony which was nice to have. the staff is friendly.

Great location for everything!

A friend stayed in a standard room, which was small and cramped. There was no air conditioning and they got very hot. If you can reserve a higher grade of room, I would suggest doing so. Bed was very low. No electric kettle. Other buildings were so close, we could see the people in the next building. There appears to be several buildings in this hotel's environment and I would recommend staying in the main building.

We found the staff at this hotel to be friendly and fun to interact with. They were generally helpful and on the ball. The hotel was a little tired but the room we had was large with a 'kinda' air conditioner. Our biggest issue here was the noise created by other guests who were running and yelling in the corridor late at night. Our view looked down over a courtyard with the Swiss Alps in the background. The location was great for all activities, restaurants and was an easy walk to the Train Station.

We got the room at the end of the corridor, which has a...

Bathroom door is semi transparent, we not feel comfortable.

We got the room at the end of the corridor, which has a balcony with the mountain view. We woke up with the view thru the windows and balcony door. It was very nice

Central location, parking, excellent staff.
    • Standard Single Room

Top floor room was a loft style with slanted roof - had to avoid bumping my head, hard low uncomfortable bed, room got too warm and had to keep window slightly open at night, breakfast was very dull for a hotel this size, tiny bathroom, and the shower flow for warm water was ridiculously weak. All in all a bit cynical for the price.

Central location, parking, excellent staff.

Overall it was good stay and the view of this hotel is too good from the rooms

I didn’t like that the hotel charged me extra 20 Swiss franks for my 3 years old daughter as per the booking.com i had booked it including my child charges which I did show them and they told me that they have to change the same in the website and it’s a mistake from there side still they didn’t refund me the amount however I paid them 20 Swiss franks as per hotel and please note this is my second visit to this hotel but made me abit sad on this incident.

The staff at breakfast was good .

worst hotel and staff ever

The room was boiling hot. The AC didn't work and on top of that it was blowing hot air.... We complained to the manager and same thing happened on second night as well....Couldn't sleep for both the nights...Will never ever step into that hotel again....

It locates in the center of city, not far from the main...

It locates in the center of city, not far from the main train station. Coop is very near within few mins. The upgraded room we got is fine with the nice view of little street and Indian restaurant. The water and ice providing machine helps us a lot.

The breakfast is lovely, lot of choices.

First time here, we got a room on the top floor in the other building, the size is quite small. Got problem with window at first. Internet signal is quite weak.

The breakfast is lovely, lot of choices. The view from the rooms. Upgraded room in the second time here gave me positive impression (we stayed here 2 times).

Avoid at all costs!

Out of the ten hotels we stayed at in Switzerland, this was by far the worst. We were "upgraded" for free- the room was terrible and cramped. Not sure what exactly the upgrade was. The beds were hard and felt like sleeping on boards. We followed instructions on where to park, and unfortunately woke up to a $40 parking ticket. When we let the staff know, we were very rudely and condescendingly instructed to better follow instructions (which we did). Overall, a terrible hotel and extremely overpriced. Don't stay here!

Nothing! It was terrible!!!

Only location ... nothing more

Staff was unhelpful, rooms on booking says (airconditioned) but on reality it was not . When we complain they asked to refer to booking agency. We had to pay 40SFR daily to change to executive room which have air conditioner. Even though AC was working only as fan they claim they switch it on only when outside temp.reach 20C so at night it never worked.. Staff dididnt help with suggestions where to visit in the city .... they say we don't have a concierge service .

Location and parking

I enjoyed this place very much had a wonderful view spacious...

No a/c small Tv

I enjoyed this place very much had a wonderful view spacious room clean and kind staff . It was close to everything and was all easy to walk too.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Lcoated near the train station making the hotel a possible...

Hotel not cosy for small groups and private people traveling as it accepted big excursions jeopardising the atmosphere of the hotel, which turned to be impersonal, not cosy and noisy (not what we were expecting for the price we paid). The room was bigger and more modern than we were expecting but it was in an attic and the ceiling was too low in a big part of the room and you must be careful not to hurt your head. TheRe were no amenities in the wc and the coffee machine was not available for us to use because we had been just upgraded so we were not supposed to have right to use the machine for free!!!! Each coffee kit was charged 3.85 CHF. The tap in the hand basin was not practical as everything around become wet.facilities to the included breakfas were improvised- in the first day it was in the dining room of a close italian restauranthe (breakfast was ok) but in the second day we were moved to a bigger room inside the hotel full of big round tables as in weddings and the room was plenty with people of excursions; there was no space for 2 persons to have a peacefully breakfast, without a lot of noise (that day we had no breakfast that we have already paid before). The room wasn'the properly clean between the first and the second night.

Lcoated near the train station making the hotel a possible choice for those traveling by train and stoping to sleep; we were upgraded the room to a bigger and probably more modern one but probably just because the hotel was full of excursions big groups; the bathroom was complete with shower and bath tube.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great stay

I liked the hotel's location. It was centrally located and you were able to walk to most outdoor recreation companies. The hotel has a few parking spots behind the hotel. There was no extra cost.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Good hotel and in close proximity to the station & major shops

It was 2 single beds made into a double bed, but I guess that's the norm in most European hotels

The rooms were big. In close proximity to Interlaken west station, close to major restaurants, close to the souvenir shops as well

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Comfortable one in Interlaken

it's actually located in Interlaken west station. this hotel is always full house, full of group tourists. overall, it's good. n the breakfast is more suitable for Asia people. all the room are re-newed so the hotel looks so new and clear

Cleanliness

Location is very good

The room is very small and does not look like the pic when i booked the room

Location is very good

location very good

location very good

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

perfect place, require 2 to 3 days stay there

nil

A lot of activity to be done

Wish you good stay

Late check in

bad experience

staff not friendly, no a/c, small rooms, dirty carpets

Central location

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Location close to all services Room size

No frege in all rooms some rooms have no A/C

Location close to all services Room size

Just the location

The rooms are not as per photos .. service is bad .. no air conditioner in lot of rooms .. the room stinks

Just the location

Nice location nice front desk staff and rude restaurant staff
    • Executive Triple Room with Air Conditioning

Restaurant staff are rude and most of them did not smile

Good place, I recommend it

Staff a bit moody

Amazing location right in the middle of the city centre. Room really spacious

Soooo good !!!
    • Executive Triple Room with Air Conditioning

Everything is very good. Location is near station N shopping shop. Around restaurant is so delicious

Not a bad hotel. Not value for money

Room was small 3rd bed was small not comfy

Location was superb just in centre

Beds

Location and very helpful staff

Location and very helpful staff

Great location, lovely city,
    • Superior Triple Room

Location and value for money

Great view but some improvements needed

Old elevator needs improvement

View was great

Very old building

Very old building

Very friendly staff.
    • Standard Single Room

Bed, too small and outdated ( higher quality mattress should be standard these days) Breakfast poor choices

Very friendly staff. Super clean.

A great base to explore Interlaken and all it's hidden and surrounding gems

No mini fridge in the room. Beds were low.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Interlaken.
    • Standard Single Room

The room heating system was a bit rickety.

The location is excellent. Everything is within walking distance. Rooms are comfortable.

Great location hotel is slightly tired.
    • Standard Single Room

Rooms quite dated and tired needs an overhaul.

Location and breakfast

Awesome ..
    • Standard Single Room

Very comfortable, very helpful staff, clean and quiet, great location just a few meters from the west station, very good breakfast

Nice place, good staff.

We rareley have breakfast, looked ok though.

It was not worth to stay as overcharged.

It was not worth to stay as overcharged. The rooms were very basic and not even 2 star.

The room was big to accommodate three people with clean and...
    • Superior Triple Room

The breakfast was not good considering the charges of the room.

The room was big to accommodate three people with clean and spacious washroom.

excellent hotel, three star by indian standard , no AC...
    • Standard Single Room

excellent hotel, three star by indian standard , no AC though. Excellent breakfast by Swiss standards.

• Superior Triple Room

Nozy in night sond from out if you open the windaw for tha could air. Few parking

The location Intirnet

Everything.

Everything was perfect

Everything....location, staff, breakfast, cleanliness

Good location but old building and no air flow at the rooms

Location is great

I will never back to this bad hotel again

Noisy - bad breakfast - bad room - bad parking - bad bathroom - bad staff

Very bad

Nice. Will go again
    • Standard Single Room

Not many chioces for breakfast but ok. Clean and nice staff.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The location is great.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Comfortable hotel in central location

Very noisy.

Good location with comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Pay extra and go else where

Very basic and dated room (apart from the bathroom) and we supposedly had a superior double. Uncomfortable bed.

Good location, clean

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Near The Center Of Town

In the center of town. Staff are helpful and pleasant. But nothing to rave about.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Good location for a quick stay

Clingy plastic shower curtain.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

good location

the room is near the stairs which have noise from outside.

good location

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Excellent location

Cleaning staff walked into the room with no warning, breakfast is served in a separate restaurant, quite a noisy neighbourhood.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

All good

Expensive

All good

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Nice spacious rooms, friendly staff and the Lindt shop down...

The breakfast buffet was quite good, but considering we stayed there for 4 days, the same spread everyday got a little monotonous

Nice spacious rooms, friendly staff and the Lindt shop down within the hotel itself. Didnt use the city pass provided by the hotel, since it was a city best seen walking. The breakfast buffet was good but could do with a little bit more variety

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

centre of town , easy access to all facilities

I know its typical Swiss but booking a single room does mean you will get a single narrow bed & small room.

centre of town , easy access to all facilities

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

We are booking for hotel but we get a resident that not have...

We are booking for hotel but we get a resident that not have any facilities. The weather their is arround 0 degrees and hotel provide only a very small heater that can't useful so it's freaky cold in the room.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Good service , wifi is very fast.

A little bit expensive

Good service , wifi is very fast. We got a better room that we expected, may be that is a complimentary upgrade. Five mins from interlaken west.

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.