Reviews of Eiger Swiss Quality Hotel 4 stars

9.7

9.8

9.8

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

We would definitely return to the Eiger Swiss Hotel.

If it had been 5 to 10 degrees warmer outside an AC would have been a great help.

Superb breakfast and dinner, extremely friendly staff - super helpful, comfy beds, and an unparalleled view!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great location directly across from the train station with...

Wish the pool had been warmer or a hot tub available for the foggy/rainy days! Also our room got unbearably hot at night and it was not possible to control the temperature. Only option was to open the window but then mosquitos would come in

Great location directly across from the train station with beautiful views of the mountains from the common areas as well as some of the rooms. Ours had a balcony and was directly facing Eiger! Very close to hikes (less than 5 min from the start of the Northface trail) and to the lift up to the Schilthorn (less than 10 min walk). Spa was very relaxing especially the sauna. The pool had a beautiful view also but was too cold tor me (heated to about room temp). Next door at Eiger Guesthouse is a great and relatively inexpensive place for dinner serving mostly Italian food!

Outstanding

That our stay was just for one night

View from the room is the best I've ever seen, couldn't believe my eyes when I entered the room(we had a superior)! The room is cosy and has enough space for two people and luggage. The hotel, in general, is very well decorated. It is located right in front of the railway station. It takes about 20 minutes to get here from Lauterbrunnen station via Grutchalp. We arrived in the afternoon and our room was ready. Hotel staff is extra friendly and helpful! Super comfy bed and soft blankets. The hotel provides Loccitane cosmetic, bathrobes and slippers. Spa zone(as well as the swimming pool which is situated on another floor) is very, very good and clean. I really enjoyed the bio sauna(relaxing nature sounds and smell inside) and feet baths(jacuzzi) with different water temperatures and massage. You can also drink alpine water and take a shower after sauna. That a heaven after a hike day-I imagine how great it has to be during the Winter season. Breakfast(with a view), delightful Bircher muesli with fresh berries. Excellent coffee and pancakes with maple syrup. We will return for sure!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Location was excellent (right across from the train station,...

Location was excellent (right across from the train station, trains run from like 6am until 7pm but not loud at all), breakfast was great, and the staff was very nice and helpful. Room was very clean and spacious (double room) and the views were unbeatable.

stunning locale, great hospitality,

not much! most of the evening dinner I've ate - the veal, sides and deserts - was bla, even below bla. It took a lot of time so I got the first course (tasty soup) for free. Also, I wasn't informed that I can get discounts across the area with my stay-in card from the hotel - it was written in the small brochure I got when I checked in but I was too tired to look at it, wish someone would have explained to me in detail.

where to begin? the staff greeted me with smiles and help, the rooms are super, the location is right across the train station - great for weary travelers! the Sauna was a godsend, as was the hot bath in the room with enough steaming hot and ice water to my taste. you can make the room really dark as night with the blinds (good for siesta people like me). oh and the view from the terrace and dining room. the breakfast is rich and you can make sandwiches for later, and I ordered a salmon meal to the room which was prepared quickly and was delicious

Love this hotel

Absolutely nothing

Must say that my views on this hotel are biased as it is my favourite hotel. Found it first about 20 years ago and gets better every time we go. Excellent dinner and breakfast in the hotel and my tip would be to buy a pack up sandwich for lunch when wandering around the area. Extremely friendly staff. Many the same every time we visit. Enjoyed the bar for the world cup after dinner.

The location is in front of the train station and there are...

The location is in front of the train station and there are also shuttles to the cable car Amazing view The dinner at the restaurant was amazing so does the staff!

The professional staffs are very friendly mark our trip in...

The professional staffs are very friendly mark our trip in Mürren more appreciated, clean room, comfortable beds, enjoyed the pool, sauna and free breakfast buffet.

super great time with love

none - we are totally happy :)

love all of your staffs especially a guy who helps us to carry all luggage and front ( small little lady ) - both of them are very good service mind and heart and made us feel like home ! friendly with smily face all the time. bed and pillow are a bit too soft which may be I not get used to it - but very good sleep at night.

A Room with a Viewe

Aside from picking up a cold, my was all good! The couple that owns the hotel are lovely, and it's cool that the hotel has been in the family for generations.

The hotel is conveniently located near the train station. It has a deck with a spectacular view of the the Eiger. The room was conformable and quiet. But the owners make this hotel special. The hotel owners are very kind and compassionate, cheerful and willing to answer any question you may have about the area and things to do.

extremely friendly hotel. Relaxed environment and good menu and wines.
    • Suite

We thought the breakfast was ok but nothing special. The scrambled eggs always looked very over cooked and rubbery. Having said that, we asked for fried eggs and they were great.

The room was perfect, especially the view! The dinners were excellent.

A wonderful alpine stay with great scenery, food, ambience, spa facilities and hosts!

We found a small piece of glass in the room when checked in. The daily housekeeping cleaning was not as vigilant as it should be.

The staff at reception, restaurant and bar, the porters.... all very friendly and helpful. Feeling so homey, warm and cozy! The scenic views and neighbourhood are awesome! Location is unbeatable!! Food was great!

Exceptional

The staff went above and beyond for us during our stay. Pretty much any requests they helped us out with. One thing in particular was a letter I needed printed and sent off too the states. No problem, they took care of it right at the hotel, stamping it priority. Also, we had an early departure, so they made us a couple good sized lunches to take away with us on the train. Excellent, staff. The best hotel experience I’ve ever had. Also, they’re breakfast buffet is to die for. Incredible food, meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, smoothie makings, etc, etc. We will definitely be booking again on our next stay in Mürren.

In order to reach the hotel, be advised you must pay $24 per...

In order to reach the hotel, be advised you must pay $24 per person for each RT to the mountain. Upon reaching the mountain, you must catch a free, 20 minute train ride to the hotel. You also pay a daily parking rate of $28. After 1 night, I was already out of pocket by a $100. In addition, the 5 star hotel does not offer discount parking. The village is beautiful and quaint but there is not much to see and the night life is non-existent. Furthermore, be prepared to pay New York prices...$5 for a cup of coffee and $20 for a plate of spaghetti. Overall, the hotel is OK while the bedroom is small and worn for the wear; the carpet is a throwback to the 70s. On a positive note, the TV was huge with an ample selection of TV programs. The breakfast was above standard and offered a breath taking view of the Alps. Overall, I'll stick to Slovenia; the accommodations cost 50% less, free parking, half-board and the views are just as beautiful. On a side note, the Swedish max speed limit was often 80KPH so the drive increased by 2 hours.

Awesome location awesome village, friendly staff and owners! Superb service by waiters and staff!

No tea or coffee making facilities in room or free coffee in relaxation area - you could however order and pay for coffee but expected that since there were no inroom facilities that it would be free!

Salmon and champagne for breakfast! New years gala dinner! Photograph taken on New Year's Eve were emailed promptly to us! Thank you gift when checking out

Getting there is a lot easier than it seems on Google.
    • Suite

Getting there is a lot easier than it seems on Google. The Train, cable car, train combo only takes 50 minutes and is breathtakingly beautiful. The views are absolutely stunning. While the mountains aren't quite as high as further South, they surround the town of Murren in every direction. Amazing hiking, and beautiful views.

Our first stay in Mürren and we were enchanted.

Our first stay in Mürren and we were enchanted. With the hotel as well as with the little town. We had a lovely and very roomy Junior Suite with a large balcony - and what a view! Staff was very friendly and helpful in ever way. Loved the place and surely will be back.

I'd stay there again for sure

We stayed at many places in Switzerland, this location was the best. For comfort, fresh and tasty food and old fashioned Swiss Hospitality. The fondue in particular was the best of any other location. I even caught a cold and the front desk brought me hot water and cold medicine. Then asked how I was the next day! Its a family-run hotel and they are in the right business!

Great experience!

A hair conditioner could be provided.

Great experience! Dinner and breakfast are amazing! The room is very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Murren is a lovely cute little town and totally worth spending a night there.

Absolutley Stunning Location and Staff are the best!

Our bathroom was a little small and looking at a layout of the floor we had probably the smallest room, for the price I would have hoped for a little bigger, but all in all it was a beautiful property.

The view was amazing, and the staff was fantastic, the restaurants and breakfast was just plain wonderful.

Our stay was peaceful and relaxing, and would do it again.

The Internet was slow and intermittent,but not a deal breaker.

There were a wonderful variety of items for breakfast. The staff was attentive and friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet. We dined in the restaurant two evenings. The food was fabulous and the view of the alps beautiful.

Great time here!

The location is perfect, very easy to find and a good spot to see the views. The stuffs are professional and I feel like at home. The breakfast is delicious and so many choices. Also the room is comfortable and well organized.

Just being in the room felt like a luxurious alpine vacation.

The one dinner we had was disappointing.

Spectacular view. Very logically laid out room (closet space, convenient electrical outlets, good lighting etc.) with nice extras such as slippers, robes, extra hand mirror in bathroom plus more) provided. Immaculately clean. Excellent breakfast. Great staff.

A beautiful hotel with a view, in a gorgeous town. Highly recommend.
    • Suite

The beds were not as comfortable as we would have liked.

Superbly located with a view of the Eiger. Our room was upgraded and was absolutely superb with a spacious living room, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. One afternoon we used the indoor pool which was beautiful!

Have a very relax and great time during the stay.

The restaurant (for a la carte) adhered the hotel. Have a bad feeling about the impolite services from a male waiter in the restaurant and race discrimination especially to Chinese. I was reacted with a black face and poor waiter services (like commanding the guest) after ordered a salad, a main course and a glass of house white wine for one person portion (as I travel myself only). Very disappointed and feel it is an unfortunate to all hotel staff with good performance. Hotel and their services are very good but were discounted by the poor service affiliated restaurant. I won't recommend HongKongers go to this restaurant as I felt very insulting at the night.

The view of the balcony...very nice.

Spectacular hotel not to be missed!

The water for the shower didn't get very hot, and the breads/pastries at breakfast were very processed.

The staff here is wonderful and makes you feel very welcomed. The room was surprisingly huge, with a large, comfortable bed and a sitting area with a sofa and a desk. The bed had down comforters and pillows which was a real luxury. The patio was also huge! I had a side room so I had partial views of the mountains. Everything looks very new and is decorated with good taste. The bar is a really beautiful and would be fun in wintertime with all its cosy nooks and warm, dim lighting. The outer bar sitting area is full of chaterfield sofas and would be a great spot for drinks too. The pool is beautiful with a fabulous view and the sauna is very nice-- large, and with cute color changing lights in the ceiling. The breakfast was good-- nice bonuses like a smoothie station. The breakfast dining room has spectacular views as well and the staff is very kind. They can make cappuccinos and other nice coffee drinks on request. Lunch and dinner at the restaurant were delicious, with vegetarian and vegan options (albeit limited). Overall it was a spectacular hotel, the views are amazing and the experience was fantastic.

The Best of Mürren.

There was nothing that we didn't absolutely love about this place.

This lovely hotel was everything we could have hoped for. We paid a bit extra for a room with a view and we were not disappointed when the fantastic view made an appearance after hiding for the first day and a half. Susanna welcomed us when we showed up too early for our room and offered to keep our luggage while we went out. When we came back, our luggage and are you can put into our room and she personally took us up to a room let us in and make sure that we would call her if we needed anything. Everyone who worked here was incredibly helpful and went overboard to make sure everything is good with Matt. The room was incredibly comfortable luxurious bedding and came with rope and slippers to use. I am not typically a bath person, but every night I luxuriated in the extra large tub. My husband and I were more than impressed with the breakfast that came included with the price of the room. It was an incredibly beautiful breakfast buffet with homemade breads that you could slice, coffee delivered to your table in a real silver pot, many choices of cereals, juice, cheeses, and meats and other protiens. The morning we left was too early for the breakfast buffet, but we were still given rolls that were fresh out of the oven, croissants, and coffee to take on our train journey so that we would have something to eat. This was provided by the girl who worked in the kitchen Who made it her mission to also include butter, jam and Nutella to make it extra special. This hotel is more than we would normally pay for a hotel, but we wanted to really experience the beauty of Mürren, we were thrilled. When we had lunch on the outside veranda, we were very surprised when the owner of the hotel was the one who brought us our lunch. He even let us take a selfie with him, as I told him I was a little starstruck with seeing him after reading articles about his hotel and seeing videos about him talking about the hotel. He along with his wife Susanna are very charming and welcoming.

The spectacular view.

Very noisy as close to train station. Very hot and no air conditioning. Expensive for what it was. Not much different in quality as to other cheaper hotels in Murren

The spectacular view. Staff were very friendly and accommodating

Great Family Run Hotel with a Great View
    • Suite

The owners of the hotel (Susanna and Adrian Staehli) were always very helpful and on top of everything. All the staff was very helpful and always trying to make the guests happy and comfortable.

Fantastic place. Highly recommended!!

Excellent and friendly staff, fantastic location just next to the BLM station and great views. The pool was also a nice feature with a a great view

Please go here!
    • Suite

Maybe the beds could have been a bit more comfy and the master bath had a tub with a shower hose but you could not stand and shower if that makes sense. But this is too nitpicky the place was simply fabulous! Would come back again and again.

Everything, great service and attention to detail and luxury

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Swiss Time in Murren

Nice to have a set menu at the restaurant with a couple of Options.

Location - Foods at the Restaurant - Breakfast with mountains view :) Bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Best hotel and service in the Alps!

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to ensure that we had a lovely vacation. Really fantastic people. The hotel itself is in a wonderful location and and ammenities (pool, bar, restaurant) were fabulous.

Great location, extremely friendly staff, great food at the...

A great place for families with small children

Great location, extremely friendly staff, great food at the restaurants, good choice at breakfast buffet. Wonderful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

great

breakfast could have been a bit better, more vegetarian options would be good. the double bed was 2 singles put together, quite uncomfortable for couples.

the staff were excellent, very friendly and extremelly helpfull.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Luxury choice blended with Swiss mountain village

Breastfast is just standard

We stay in a spacious suite room The location is fantanstic,very easy to access and our room gets a spectacular views of the Alps. Very impressive! the room is spacious with good faccilities. Staff are friendly and enthusiastic to assisit us in any matter. unfortuantelly we didn't have a chance to try the hotel's restaurant but quite sure that it will be great as well.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

A wonderful part of the world!

The Eiger Swiss Hotel was very clean and comfortable and the service was great, very friendly and helpful. The location is spectacular! We would highly recommend this property and will return in the future!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Fabulous

Fabulous place. Awesome staff. Friendly, kind, clean. Alsolutely lovely. A rare find. Thank you! Food was a cut above.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The staff is incredible.

Can’t think of anything

The staff is incredible. Views are perfect and food is also outstanding

Great break with family at this location
    • Suite

Lovely location and excellent spa and swimming facility

Wonderful stay

Top location Top clean Nice pool, very nice spa

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Lovely views great pool good breakfast.

Lovely views great pool good breakfast.

View of Eiger and Monhi, location

View of Eiger and Monhi, location

A very comfortable hotel with friendly, considerate and helpful staff, in an outstanding location.

A water jug would have been useful, to make a hot drink

A very comfortable bed, the room had an excellent lay-out, and the location was outstanding.

The staff, the location and facilities were amazing!

Quite expensive but worth it.

The staff, the location and facilities were amazing!

Excelent location, professional staff always ready to help.

I cannot tell anything

Excelent location, professional staff always ready to help.

The staff very welcoming and helpful, the location is the...

The staff very welcoming and helpful, the location is the best for relaxing.

Would highly recommend to friends and family.

Quaint charming hotel. Our room had an incredible view. Friendly helpful staff. Restaurant lovely setting. Delicious food good service.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Friendly host and staff as well as considerate service

Friendly host and staff as well as considerate service

Best hotel of our trip!

Loved everything about this property. First class, fantastic all round!

The room is not very sound proofing

The room is not very sound proofing

Extremely friendly staff, nice pool, great breakfast, nice...

A bit pricey but hey that’s Switzerland!

Extremely friendly staff, nice pool, great breakfast, nice terrace with beautiful view outside of my room

Good location and good food

Good location and good food

Beautiful location staff very friendly and helpful.

Beautiful location staff very friendly and helpful.

Excellent staff, great location by the train station and a...

Nothing jumps to mind

Excellent staff, great location by the train station and a good kitchen

Fantastic

Good

Its all about view.

Its all about view... i am not witer sport fan... come for new experience , i i get it very positive! Thanks

Nice and helpful staff, just opposite to the train station,...

Breakfast can have more varieties of food

Nice and helpful staff, just opposite to the train station, can borrow ski equipments for free

Beautiful views from rooms, great food at hotel, easy access...

Beautiful views from rooms, great food at hotel, easy access to skiing and lifts.

Staff & location.

Staff & location.

Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing views! Perfect holiday it was faultless

Ambient adjustable lighting in bedroom was perfect! Food all cooked perfectly, nothing was too much of an effort.

Enjoyed my stay....would recommend.
    • Superior Single Room

Room, bed, pool, breakfast , Stubli all very good.

It’s a place you usually only see in the movies. Pure heaven!
    • Superior Single Room

That I didn’t stay longer.

The staff is warm and friendly, food & wine amazing. It’s a truly magical place which far exceeded my expectations.

Most enjoyable.

Extremely friendly and efficient staff. Excellent food. Excellent location. Warm atmosphere.

Location, Ambience, View from the hotel, warm staff,...

Location, Ambience, View from the hotel, warm staff, directly in front of the BLM station.

Great location - opposite train station.

Great location - opposite train station. Friendly staff. Nice Swimming pool and sauna. Very good food in restaurant.

Pleasant stay. Beautiful views. Wengen-Mürren area still needs to work on expanding ski connection

Dinners could have had fewer “courses”, but of higher quality.

Staff and owners were very friendly.

The staff, location, good view and comfort

I think the room is too small, but it doesn’t matter.

The staff, location, good view and comfort

our overall experience was great

very competent, efficient and friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, best night bar in Mürren, fantastic views, very nice sauna area

Perfection and Alpen magic!

Leaving

Family Stahli-v Allmen and Staff lovely and friendly and beyond helpful. We will return!

Amazing view and cozy room, food is delicious.

Amazing view and cozy room, food is delicious. Perfect

It was relaxing, with a beautiful view and friendly staff

The swimming pool water could be a little warmer

The croissants were delicious and the service impeccable!

Beautiful views, friendly staff.

All good.

Excellent room, great location, great views.

All

All

Great location, very clean and comfortable, and excellent...
    • Suite

It's not cheap but you get what you pay for

Great location, very clean and comfortable, and excellent helpful and friendly staff