Reviews of Sagitta Swiss Quality Hotel 3 stars

6, Rue de la Fleche, Eaux-Vives, 1207 Geneva, Switzerland

#37 of 95 hotels in Geneva

• Standard Twin Studio

This hotel needs a profound renovation and actualization. The rooms are very old fashioned but in the negative meaning. The furnitures have poor quality and does not match a pleasant stay. When I arrived, they told me that I am upgraded to an executive suite. I thought wow, that's nice. Well....I got in a room, where there were no desk to work on, the room was a bit dirty, some of the light did not work and the sink in the bathroom was blocked. Not a nice stay.

The location is perfect. Right in the center next to the old town.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Though the rooms were very spacious, the Kichennette facilities were very basic.

Good breakfast; Great staff. Very clean, and close to public transport and supermarkets

• Standard Twin Studio

Small beds. Shabby rooms and fixtures. Needs some rehab.

Rooms are old and a bit shabby. But clean and comfortable. Staff was polite and helpful. Location is very central and accessible.

• Standard Queen Studio

Very good facilities, quiet hotel, and above all excellent staff: they even provided me with an early checkin as I was arriving in the early morning and was tired from travelling - my room was already made for me. They assisted me with various requests kindly and efficiently which made my stay pleasant and relaxing. Wifi connection was also excellent, perfect for working. Thank you!

• Standard Twin Studio

A kettle would have been nice.

Easy to reach by bus from the airport, central location, friendly and helpful staff (they gave me tips on what to do in Geneva, helped me with the busses, always nice when I asked them something), I used the small kitchenette a lot when I was too tired to go out to eat (there are two supermarkets a few minutes walk from the hotel), nice bathroom. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Standard Queen Studio

We heard the noise of the blinds of other rooms very early in the morning.

The room and the bed were bigger than expected and the location was perfect - near to every place we want to visit. The small kitchenette where we could prepare a food was a nice surprise.

Nothing not to like

Huge room and bathroom, friendly staff and great location. A reasonable price for Geneva. A short walk to catch the airport bus. I am a repeat customer.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very friendly staff - we were with our 1 year old son and the ladies at reception and breakfast were smiling, it was pleasant. Also, the staff st reception was helpful whwn we had questions and gave us some very good tips on reataurants or so. Room was a little outdated but clean, and actually quite family friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast was typical european fare with lovely attendant on hand to make coffee/ tea etc. All very genteel - coffee in a little pot, nice plates, etc. Eggs were available to boil to individual doneness. We had a room that like a small apartment. One bedroom with queen bed, and in the living room, there were two twin beds formed into an L with a back wooden part so that it would be used as couch, and then as 2 beds at night. Nice bedding. We had a small kitchenette, nespresso machine, dining table. Furniture was not traditional us hotel (i.e. cookie cutter) but looked like items from a home. Bath was nice. We had a balcony. This is not a 5 star hotel - but it is a nice, comfortable, conveniently located hotel in Geneva for a good price. Walking distance to the city center, lake, cathedral, lots of restaurants, etc. Also the #12 trolley runs nearby, and the #10 to the airport is also just a few blocks away. Hotel gives free transport cards.

• Executive Queen Studio

The breakfast room was pretty hectic as the hotel was busy during this period and they were struggling to keep up with refilling the counter. The room was pretty basic for the price but Geneva is very expensive especially when the motor show is on.

Lovely staff, convenient location to shops and bars, easy to get to airport and motor show on the number 10 bus. Given a free transport card for the duration of our stay when we checked in. Breakfast was light but adequate. The bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Studio

We arrived late and our parking spot was given away, which is okay I guess. But when we asked where can we park, the answer was: “Nowhere. There is no parking in the city. You can’t park anywhere”.... what??? Such unprofessional behavior was very surprising. Facilities are very old and not comfy. Would not come again. P.S. we found public parking 5 mins from the hotel and it was cheaper than the hotel parking too.

Breakfast was quite good, location is great.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Facilities were quite out of date. Breakfast was very poor - only boiled eggs, croissants, ham, one bread, (no scrambled eggs, no sausages, etc)

Location of hotel was perfect.

• Executive Queen Studio

There wasn't any real issue. I noticed they pre-charged the price for one night prior to my arrival, and post check out they ended charging me an extra night. But I emailed them right away and this was solved very quickly and professionally. My only advice is to either check your bank balance prior to check out or inform them about the pre-charging thing. It's a weird system, not their fault. But worth looking into.

Great value for money. I found the hotel very quiet, great beds, a lot of space. Furniture is old, but I really didn't need the latest luxury. The staff is super friendly and helpful. And the breakfast is very good. Had a very good night's sleep, after tiring days and events. I had a very late check-in, and the staff was super understanding. I didn't have time to catch breakfast on my second day because of an early flight, and the staff offered to give me takeaway coffee. Very nice people, and I think this made my stay in Geneva feel a bit warmer.

• Executive Queen Studio

There was a strange smell of moisture, or sewage in the common area-staircase

The room was quite spacious. It felt like a junior suite. It was bigger than the rooms in the other Geneva hotels I have visited. The elevator was broken when we arrived at 8 pm in the evening. They told us they would fix it soon. And, they did! The elevator was fixed as promised!

• Standard Queen Studio

Only thing that can be improved: Wifi, often interrupted....

Bed confort, room space, breakfast were at the top! Staff is definitely very competent ans very kind;

• Standard Queen Studio

I wish they would have had a kettle in the room for heating water for coffee or tea. That was the ONLY thing missing from the restaurant!

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The rooms were very large and well furnished. I especially enjoyed having a small kitchen with a refrigerator.

• Standard Twin Studio

The room had a balcony, it was clèan. Great parking. The hotel is right in the middle of town.

The room was clèan but there are no timings as in soap or any bathroom extras. Breakfast was good. And the Wi-Fi worked well.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Twin Studio

Hotels's WiFi repeatedly kept switching to Swisscom WiFi which stopped all the internet traffic and prompted me to manually change network back to hotel's wifi and input login and password anew. Very inconvenient. Had to dig into my iPhone's menu, select Swisscom and choose the "forget the network" option; that solved the problem.

Good location, very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is now being renovated which might cause inconvenience during daytime, but hopefully will make the hotel better in future. Breakfast is OK (choice is limited, but what you get is good quality). The hotel has several large family rooms which make an excellent choice for family stays.

• Standard Queen Studio

I didn’t like the taxi driver from the airport. He quoted one price but ended up 10 Swiss francs dearer! It should have cost 35 Swiss francs but actually cost 47 Swiss francs. When I questioned this new price, the taxi driver said that it was extra for our luggage! Which he saw when we asked him for the price in the first place!! Felt well and truly ripped off by him. Utter conman.... beware!

The bed was comfy and rooms clean

• Standard Twin Studio

Geneva is VERY expensive. This hotel is on the basic side but the rooms are clean, beds and linen comfortable and breakfast adequate (continental style). Staff very helpful. I regularly use on my Geneva trips. Excellent value for money.

• Standard Queen Studio

A bit more non-meat choice for the breakfast buffe. But the breakfast was good anyway, and a very friendly lady in charge of the breakfast.

Excellent location. Super friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable room. Free public transportation ticket for the whole stay in Geneva.

• Standard Twin Studio

Bit noisy at night...request rooms to front of hotel ( less noisy ) Breakfast could be better but was adequate.

The rooms were the largest of any hotel in Switzerland. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful. The location was excellent....4 bus stops from Gare Cornavin by bus 9. Tram 12 into town centre. Walking distance to Lake Geneva ..15/20 mins.

• Standard Queen Studio

Noisy from 7am on local building site. Window fit allowed in noise Air con not working, so nights were hot Breakfast choice adequate but limited after a couple of days.

Location, not too far from the Lake and close to public transport. Balcony with view of top of Jet d'Eau Helpful staff

• Standard Twin Studio

No complaints, but more a comment that the hotel is short on atmosphere - which is not unusual for a budget hotel - and does not have an on site bar or café (although there are several options within a short stroll).

This is a great, centrally located budget hotel that offers excellent value for money in what is an expensive city. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. A nice feature is that the room has a fully equipped kitchenette (including basic cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery), so you have the option of self catering to keep down costs. The hotel also has a lift (useful if you have limited mobility or are on one of the upper floors). The bed - and particularly the pillows - were exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast was simple but perfectly adequate, and British tourists might be heartened to know that they serve a good pot of tea.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Narrow and low hight parkings in Geneva city center

Nothing, only the location five minutes to the lake, the rate is too high comparing to other properties around. Also, parking is very limited and enough for just eight vehicles, one of the reciptionists allows me to use his parking lot, the next day, I returned to find that parking lot given to other visitor, and they let me parked the car in front of the hotel door and charged me the same rate (FR20) as if using proper parking, I would inform all visitors not to search for the closed accommodations to Geneva lake, hence most hotels grant their guests cards to use the public transportations such as train, buses which is cover all the interesting places as well as the airport. No need to hire a vehicle in Switzerland because the system is very tough in this country, the hiring rate is very expensive, secondly insurance of that vehicle is too high unlike other European countries.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Could not find a parking 1st night and when it became available it wasn't big enough for my car since there is a tree blocking the way.

Hotel location is close by everything. Very helpful staff.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The decor is a little dated, but this really didn't detract from our stay.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. We discussed some options of things to do with the staff based on our time in Geneva, and they made some really helpful suggestions. The hotel is really close to the Villareuse tram station which is just 2 stops away from Rive which is where you can catch the bus to Mont Saleve, or the airport, so it is well located. The rooms were spacious and well set out.

• Standard Twin Studio

On Saturday nights too much noise coming from a nearby bar/restaurant

The director Mr. Harry and the staff are very kind. The hotel is clean and comfortable and close to Migros supermarket and a tram station. This is my preferred hotel in Genève

• Executive Twin Studio

the room and facilities seem to be aged

excellent location. near bus stops and almost all atractions. book the executive studio and you will find the kitchen extremely useful.

• Standard Queen Studio

Too far even from bus station. Getting there with luggages can be a hassle

Reception staff courteous enough to lend us umbrellas during the rain. Staff marked on the map all the best places to visit in Geneva and on top helped us get to best places to buy souvenir.

• Standard Queen Studio

Breakfast was average at best.

Staff on reception were very welcoming and helpful, spoke excellent English and gave us free 2 day travel passes for the city which we used to get to the airport the following morning. We were upgraded to a suite which had a huge lounge area and separate bedroom. The bed was the best we'd slept in during our two week tour. The hotel is close to the lake and main shopping/eating areas. Geneva isn't cheap, but we felt this hotel gave us good value for money.

• Standard Twin Studio

The décor of the room was very old fashioned and the room is badly in need of renovation. We weren't offered a room with a double bed even though we were a couple travelling together. Room was too hot and bedding only had duvet without a single flat sheet.

Public transport was easily accessible from the hotel. Breakfast was included in the rate.

• Standard Queen Studio

No kettle/tea making facilities. No dishwashing liquid etc. Only a hot plate in the kitchenette.

Very friendly staff. Able to park at the front of the property. Breakfast very adequate with good selection. Facilities are a bit dated but still a very comfortable stay. Public transport very close. A short walk to many attractions.

• Standard Twin Studio

A minor point: Nowhere to hang your towel in the bathroom, to dry & use again if you like. You can try to put it on the shelf or leave on the floor (it will be replaces by a clean & dry one, of course nice but not so ecological to have no choice).

Central location. Quiet. Not too big hotel. Friendly staff. Bed (single in a twin room) comfortable. Breakfast okey, bread good, propably from the bakery in the morning, yoghurt (even plain!) & fruite available, and you can boil yourself an egg if you like. Coffee freshly made, tea from teabags.

• Standard Queen Studio

Everything was perfect. a Wow for the staff who went out of there way to help and serve us, specially Monique in the Front Desk who did her best for us to receive a luggage that we forgot to the hotel: she made sure that we receive it asap. Thank you again Monique.

• Standard Twin Studio

Monique at the reception desk made our stay comfortable & very helpful with everything Breakfast was very good with excellent service Beds were comfortable

• Executive Queen Studio

the breakfast was lacking in extensive choices, but was otherwise quite nice :)

Such a lovely suite, I felt like a diplomat from the early 80's living in Geneva and working for the UN or the press corp! Was a lovely little hotel, retro but classy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

the location is a little far from geneve station/ airport breakfast no scramble eggs kitchen was very small elevator was so small

comfortable room very clean

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

We had to change rooms. The staff were very helpful. The hotel is very quiet and comfortable. There is a nice breakfast room with a very nice breakfast including fresh fruit. A good transport hub is nearby enabling access to all parts of the city.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Twin Studio

Large, comfortable, clean room. Quiet. Fantastic location. Kitchenette was a big bonus and saved us having to eat out every night. Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

This was an amazing amount of space for Geneva--perfect for a family stay. The furniture has kind of the feel of staying at grandmother's house. But we had plenty of space, everything was clean, and it was quiet. We reserved a parking space ahead of time and were able to park right outside the front door of the hotel. The location is great--easy walking access to the lake, restaurants in Eaux-Vives, and even to the old city. Also there is a tram stop just around the corner that makes a direct connection to Carouge and easy connections to the train station and the Paquis area. Breakfast had plenty of options for everyone, and our girls especially loved that they got to boil their own eggs. Friendly staff at the front desk. We would definitely stay here again--it's an amazing value for Geneva!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Executive Queen Studio

The whole building, infrastructure and rooms must be from the 70-ies. When I arrived the "air-conditioning" was off. I turned it but it only had a ventilation effect. I could not connect to the WIFI until the early morning. I had to shave and shower with cold water. This for CHF 195!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

There was only enough of a curtain to block half of the windows in my room, so it was impossible to make it dark in there. The streetlights shone through the far window, which didn't bother me too much but might for some; Also in the morning it will be bright, which again I didn't mind because I had to get up early anyways. If I was on holiday however, it may be a bit bothersome so I suggest to ask the reception when booking if that is a concern. Also there is no bar service or coffee making facilities which was a bit disappointing.

The room was very comfortable, though maybe not super modern but I didn't mind. It was big, the bed was cozy and plenty of space to hang clothing. The bathroom and shower were good and a hairdryer was provided.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

Staff was very helpful with questions & suggestions about things to do & places to go in the area. The free Wifi was very useful. The breakfast provision was a great way to start the day of my return trip.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Although the location is good, it was tough to access by car. Using GPS, I had to make a circle many times. Parking The bathroom stank...

Good Location.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

Very comfortable hotel, clean, quiet and spacious. The staff was very cordial and attentive. Breakfast excellent. The hotel's location is particularly interesting, since it is possible to visit the city center, including the historical part, on foot.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Executive Queen Studio

The breakfast could be more various

The room was very clean, good bathroom, not too much amenities but it is ok for 3*, different pillows, coffee and tea in room. Good wi-if

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

Why not provide a small amount of washing-up liquid and a dish cloth in the kitchenette? It would make everyone's life easier.

Large comfortable rooms. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard Queen Studio

Quite expensive but it is Geneva! Nowhere in or nearby to pick up a coffee or a drink except a vending machine

Lovely man at the front desk, breakfast pretty good and bed really comfortable with lots of extra room in the bedroom to move about

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

Not enough electrical outlets and lights in the room. Main entry outside needs improvement.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfasts were tasty with a reasonal variety and pleasant atmosphere. Convenient location. Comforable and cozy rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

Quite expansive solution, by the way in line with Geneva prices. Pillows are too much high for my personal taste.

Well equipped room, safe solution for leaving the luggage, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

Chairs in the room could be made more comfortable rather than using conservatory type furniture bamboo style

The usual Continental selection with the addition of diy boiled eggs and fresh fruit basket.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Crowdy for breakfast. No cigar terrace.

Excellent location - the whole Old City within walking distance. Spacious room for get-together. VERY friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I think some renovation of electrical wiring is neccessary

Big rooms, comfortable bed, stylish furniture, free tea and coffee. Although breakfast was hearty, it should be mentioned that only boiled eggs are hot.

• Standard Twin Studio

Great location, walking distance to the old city and the lake area. Very helpful and friendly staff. Free transportation card for the day. Good size room with a kitchenette. Breakfast was included in the price, and was very good. We checked out at 12 pm, and was able to keep our car there until 4 pm while we were exploring city center on foot.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Very good and safe environment, convenient transport connections, close to the lake, the staff is very friendly and helpful, good breakfast, clean rooms, good WiFi. All is OK.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

It is not coffee machine and electric kettle, dirty curtains

Close to city centre and Jet d' eau, very helpful personal, clean and quiet place, wonderful breakfast included in cost

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Executive Queen Studio

Breakfast room was a little small and crowded. Could have used more vegetarian choices.

Location was great. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean and spacious with a small kitchenette. If you book far enough in advance, price is good.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

Would have liked a tad more variety @ breakfast,as the range was quite limited.

We enjoyed our visit here as the hotel is in a great position & the front desk staff were very friendly & most helpful. Our room whilst old was spacious & one of the few hotels we have stayed in - in Europe that had a kettle to enjoy a cup of tea from time to time. Very quiet & has off street parking @a reasonable rate. Breakfast was ok - a little limited in the provisions available. Easy walking distance to The Old Town & The quality shopping on Rive & Rhone Streets. Geneva provides a free Tram/Train & Boat ticket to each person to utilise whilst there. Well worth a stay in the future.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Executive Queen Studio

The air-conditioning was not that good. We had full cooling on and it was still a bit warm.

Very good value for the money. Good location and we also got free public transport card.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The family room was very spacious with many cupboards and chairs. The kids has a plenty of room to play. The staff were very kind and helpful. The kitchen was a nice addition to the room with enough stuff to prepare a meal. The breakfast was excellent and the location was good you can walk to Geneva lake. thanks a lot.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Standard Queen Studio

Room very disappointing, for the price paid it was dated, curtains old and worn, bathroom sink drained very slowly and smelled musty. Kitchen facilities poor - nothing to wash cutlery or dishes provided, cutlery mismatched and looked to have either rust spots or were dirty so I could not use them. Room looked to be made up with articles left over from the seventies.

Front line staff very friendly and helpful. Location very good, transport ticket a great help. Breakfast very good - mine provided in the lobby very early for my departure which was appreciated. Room was larger than most hotel rooms

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Standard Twin Studio

Great staff: very friendly and gave me good tips for new touristic atractions. The location is prime, very easy going to the Old Town and elsewhere. The apartment has a small kitchen. The price is great for Geneva.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast should cater some halal foods as well. We ate only eggs and bread. Also some fruits were too old/ripe to eat ( banana)

We liked the location.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Executive Queen Studio

Breakfast not up to standards we experienced in other hotels. A little skimpy. Space a little tight. Room amenities such as bath mat, coffee pods, also a little skimpy. Adequate but skimpy.

Spacious rooms, quiet location, convenient location for what we wanted to do, friendly and helpful staff. Three of our four booked rooms were upgraded to apartments at no extra cost.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Executive Queen Studio

The hotel is old , the room outdated, and very cold - no heating- 16 Celsius in the bathroom- , there are nearly no hotel services. This is an expensive 2 Star hotel, not 3. Breakfast Buffet is regular for a 2 Star place. Poor quality for the price, even in that city.

The staff is ok. The superior room was spacious. The location .

no kettle in room

quiet

• Standard Queen Studio

Excellent location, friendly staff, delicious breakfast.

• Standard Queen Studio

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Location is very good direct on Metro station, walking distance to the center.

• Executive Queen Studio

The smell of cooking (garlic and onions) coming from the neighboring room at 22.00h !

• Standard Twin Studio

Facilities very basic, old and not pleasing on the eye.

Location good, staff friendly, facility very clean

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It is a bit old style. Maybe 15 years ago it was high end but now needs a total refurbishment.

Staff, large and comfortable room and bathroom.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The breakfast was very low budget, massive improvement needed here.

The hotel is in perfect location, very good staff, they are very helpful.

• Standard Twin Studio

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Good breakfast.