Reviews of Tiffany Hotel 4 stars

Rue de l'Arquebuse 20, Jonction, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland

#22 of 95 hotels in Geneva

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have chosen this hotel for its sauna, expecting to have a good time and rest. But it was total disappointment. Very small, for 1 person, and there is no place to take a rest after. So, not what I expected.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would love to bring my family and with young children, would like a few more options that would be catered for them

Excellent Service, High Quality Food

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I could not keep the room cool without opening the windows. Unfortunately when I opened the windows there was alot of street noise because my room was at the front of the hotel. The noise continued until 2 - 2:30 a.m. the first night (Friday night) and until 1:00 a.m. on Saturday night. I did not sleep well because of the noise and temperature of the room. If I stay there again I will request a room away from the street.

The bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. The bathroom was a fair size. I did not use the breakfast area so I cannot comment about it. It is very close to transportation and there are other restaurants close by.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the bedrooms were not as big as expected, the elevator is too small for a hotel

very nice hotel with excellent location, very attentive and friendly staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was small, but we knew it would be. It would have been nice if breakfast had been included in our rate.

The room was quiet and dark for sleeping, even though it was in a convenient, old town location. We could walk everywhere. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room itself was warmly decorated, clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed, and then some, including a fully-stocked mini fridge and snacks, and toiletries.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I stayed in a deluxe room and liked it a lot. Clean, nice bathroom with a good mirror & light. There was an umbrella to borrow. After a rainy day it was nice to relax in the sauna of the fitness area. The location was good and I could walk everywhere.

Everything was excellent.

The bed was extremely comfy, the room was very quiet, the staff are very friendly and helpful, it's a personal hotel and I am now in a huge and grand hotel where I feel much less at home. Food's good too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Paying extra for parking was a bit disappointing. It was expensive compared to other parking areas. I could have walked the extra 5 minutes to save money, but the convenience convinced me to pay more.

The fitness center, sauna, and steam room were very beneficial. The staff was also very accommodating.

We had Jacuzzi in our room, which produced a lot of disgusting filth when switched on. Probably needs to be professionally cleaned. Shame, because we couldn't use it. No kettle in the room, just Nespresso machine, not particularly useful for us. With a small baby, we had to bring our own. Decor a little dated in places, but overall good quality. Both lifts very small - hard to fit with our luggage and the baby's pram (but they were there!). Some street noises present at night. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for those who wish to rent a car - parking difficult and expensive.

Very good location with no rented car - close to Old Town, public transport practically on the doorstep, restaurants and bars close, stone's throw to most major museums in the city, walkable distance to all main attractions. Perfect for a peaceful city break. Staff very friendly and helpful - made us feel welcome, very pleased with service. Comfortable, big bed. Hotel was also very clean, except Jacuzzi. Good atmosphere. Fridge with mini bar. Sufficient, comfortable furnishings. Converters for Swiss electric plugs available from reception.

Very warm welcome and helpful staff to check me in and to arrange the car parking in a closed garage around the corner. Rooms are ok, a little outdated but clean and comfortable. Good food in the restaurant and nice breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is run down and tiny rooms . Old carpet and impression that all is dirty and fake. Location is horrible . Very expensive for what you pay.

Staff was very helpful and excellent . Pillows and blanket were comfortable .

Breakfast is amazing, full and a lot of choice. Coffee is good here! Room was clean and interior– beautiful. I stopped in that place for a second time already, and will in the future!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was small. Breakfast is expensive

Very central location. 350m from the no.5 bus which runs to/from the airport. Less than 5 mins to shops, river and old town. Small supermarket and cafes surrounding the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Overall this is a quite a. Expensive hotel. I don’t mind paying good money for good quality, but the food in the restaurant was not to a quality I would expect at this cost, and breakfast was not even at a basic standard. The breakfast room is small and badly laid out. For €29 I would have expected fresh cooked food, not a continental buffet. The coffee machine was not working, so a small pot of coffee was put in its place, at most it held 3 cups of coffee and yet there must have been 20 people using it. I could not recommend this hotel at this price. Had the staff bothered to asked me if I enjoyed my stay, I would have certainly reported my comments direct to them.

Situated within walking distance of the city shops this hotel with the Tiffany Lamp theme is quite unique. However, for us with a large vehicle, parking was a problem. We found on street parking, but had to return every 90 minutes to top up the meter. We found the room quite small, although it was comfortable and warm. The bathroom was tiny, and scaffolding required to climb into the bath / shower. Our toon was directly outside the lift entrance, we were disturbed several times in the night. On a good point the staff were pleasant and helpful.

Good breakfast though long time waiting for the scrumbled eggs. Also, for the price of the room it is a little too much to pay that amount of money for breakfast.

Good location. Clean. Not too big hotel (which is a good thing for me). Nice and friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The choice / card for the dinner was not excelent and I will not eat anymore there independent of the nice atmosphere in this restaurant! I ordered first a beer but it took almost half an hour until I got it!!

• Studio Suite

There is a dust collector disposed in front of my door.

Convenient place with public transport and restaurants near by. Good environment and friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom is tiny, no coffee/tea facility in the room.

It was one of the cheaper options in Geneva. Loved the convenient location. If you are looking for good views you will only get the neighbourhood views. Room is very basic and layout is more rectangular and feels small but if you are looking for a budget hotel close to centre and old town, this is ok as offers privacy and comfort.internet works fine, got a free transport card, check in was quick also got a delayed check out easily. Would I stay there again, possibly not as I would prefer to find another hotel with more modern and larger room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A boutique hôtel, Hotel Tiffany is cosy and exudes the atmosphere and 'vibe' of a boutique hotel. The rooms in the modern wing are better than those in the 'original' wing, so reserve accordingly. I liked that there were 2 breakfast options - the full buffet or the more sensible (for a daily option) of the 'express' breakfast which was fine for most days. We really enjoyed the dinner in the restaurant - excellent quality and very European in atmosphere. The restaurant service was excellent. Location is very good for all Geneva tourist activities, and I imagine for business-related stays.

Pricey - but that is true for all of Geneva

Location was great, with bars, restaurants & shops nearby . Lovely room with a balcony. 24 hr reception

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect base for a quick one night stopover; we didn't have a chance to enjoy the facilities really, and we both loved the welcoming yet professional atmosphere. We want to come back to explore the hotel more fully.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom very small and needed some maintenance work. Restaurant staff not very friendly, although the food was good.

Spacious room, loved the Tiffany theme in the public areas.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They had put a baby cot in when I wrote to them that I am traveling with 1 year old baby. Asked for a kettle and immediately got one sent over. Fantastic fast service!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A bit strange situation: We left the car to hotel staff for parking. The next day staff asked to take the car from the car park ourselves. We found the car in the dark spot of the car park next to huge (I guess trash) containers. When we returned the car to the rental company later same day - there was a shiny fresh scratch on the front left bumper. Even scraps of lacquer were still there. I cannot imagine I could have made that scratch without noticing it. -702 CHF. Hope that insurance will cover it. Can I prove that the damage was made on the hotel parking or by hotel staff? - NO. Do I suspect it - YES.

Very good hotel. Especially in terms of value for the money.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The way to the room was pretty hard. You have to pull up & drag your suitcase down many stairs. Once you get to the elevator after these stairs, it doesnt get easier. Tiny elevator for 1 person, used it once when i had to bring up my suitcase. Creepy. Got tired of breakfast after 3 days, everything was the same. It is served well & everything looks neat. But the choise is so small. No vegetables or greens. Omelet was cold 2 out of 3 times.

Very clean, pretty big room for switzerland in general. Easy to get to the city center. 10 min walk to the train station & the shopping street and the old town. Quiet & safe at night. Excellent location. We were given free tickets for public transport & all kinds of maps. which was a nice bonus) Thanks to everyone at the reception& all the staff. Chocolates during evening service made our stay even better!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very old and the passage ways and lift are small and pokey but in fact add to the overall quaintness of the place

The small reception area looks dowdy and unwelcoming. However the room was comfortable and welcoming. The dining room and the bar were attractive in a very Bohemian way. The dinner was delicious and the service was excellent. Also the hotel is very central. I enjoyed my stay and would book there again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The A/C could have worked better, would be nice to have had a top sheet (we asked and it kept disappearing), rugs in common areas needed to have been vacuumed better, had coffee tea service in room, but it was not replenished ( we were there 5 nights).

Great staff, great location, excellent restaurant, changed sheets and towels every day, enough hangers, enough outlets, good complimentary toiletries, room darkening curtains.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

- there is newly renovated and "old" rooms. the "old" ones are not the most charming but totally fine. on the contrary, the "old" rooms are available at lower rates.

- clean - decent price - lots of parking nearby - good neighbourhood - well connected to public transport - free public transport pass included in booking

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room looked a bit old and not what I was expecting in terms of decoration and size (we went for Deluxe). The "fitness room" had just a treadmill, a bike, an elliptical and nothing else... Not really a fitness room.

The property had good connections with public transport and the staff were really friendly. The room was clean, quiet and bright. The common areas were nicely decorated.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was slightly too expensive (even factoring in that it is Geneva we are talking about). But everything else was great. It's a great place to stay especially for Art Noveau lovers.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

the room on the 5th floor was cosy, but very small , dark, mansard -rooffed (bumped my head twice on the roof when taking out stuff of my suitcase and I am 1m62 .. - I was however very kindly offered a free breakfast when I told my unfortunate story at the reception) - for a room of 611 swiss francs for two nights .. one would have expected more comfort, such as tea or coffee making facilities and much more space .. hairdryer was not functioning but replaced same day.

very friendly and helpful staff personnel - very cosy lounge -excellent breakfast, in particular the home made musli and variety of youghurts

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

internet: was close to the worst ever... slow, went on and off..... if you need it to work, this is not your place.... - also, the TV choices, are terrible - not a good place to watch TV - actually probably the fewest choices of any other hotel in Switzerland I have seen - and finally, the room service: extremely basic and limited in choices and time when available - they really need to improve this - and finally breakfast: expensive and limited -

nice size of my room (jr suite) very close to most type of stores, walking distance to the tramway, very clean rooms, very nice and very helpful staff (except that once I asked for directions to take a tram and the guy said that "everybody walks".... and he had no idea of how to take it....)

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. No parking near Hotel, you should pay it apart. If you leave your car for a night you should leave it in underground parking and it will cost you money and time ( 10 min walk to hotel) 2. Very noisy bar infront and no sleep till 2 a.m. 3. Pretty far from a city center, you should cross the bridge and it may take you a while

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Minor point.. Would have like to have some bumbbells and a bench in the gym.

Location is good. Everything was very pleasant: Staff were very friendly, room was comfortable and there is a decent sauna / steam room in the gym. 4/5 Value for money based on a deep discount. At full price I would give it 2.5/5 accounting general cost of Geneva

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

None.

The hotel Tiffany is situated in an ideal location to visit the city of Geneva. It is located within walking distance of the train station and the centre so you can easily see the sights Geneva has to offer. There is a well stocked supermarket around the corner from the hotel for anyone needing to pick up bits for their stay in Geneva. The hotel was great value for money, the room had everything I needed for my stay and it even had some UK TV channels for whilst I was in the room. The hotel was quiet at night so I could get a good nights rest. The staff were very friendly and accommodating which made the stay more pleasant. I have stayed in many hotels in Geneva which cost three times as much as this hotel but I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Geneva and I will certainly put the Hotel Tiffany at the top of my list for my next stay in Geneva.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

little away from the staion.

very helpful and friendly staff - we were trying to book a restaurant for fondue, however most restaurants were fully booked. the staff called 6-8 different restaurants to find seats for us. clean and specious bedroom

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We spent 2 nights in this hotel, the second day the small bottles of shampooing in the bathroom were not changed, although some of them had been finished. A bad surprise for a 4-star hotel....

Good location,we had a good price for Geneve (with Genious booking.com offer)

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bar service was very slow.

The hotel present you with a free public transport pass on check in. It means one can use all public transport for free for duration of stay. Excellent idea!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

room was extremely warm and it took us a while to get turn down the heating.

we were upgraded to a larger room as we were staying with our kids (at no additional cost). room was very clean and comfortable. location is excellent. Staff was very friendly. We found a public parking just in front of the hotel!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We felt it was expensive for what you got (small hotel, nice but nothing special). In saying that, I don't think it was necessarily expensive by Geneva standards. Geneva is ridiculously expensive as it's not in the Euro

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Lovely girl on reception and very friendly guy working in the bar with excellent English! If you're given the choice between 'older style' decor and modern style, choose modern. We chose older style initially thinking it might be dark wood and 'classic' decor however it just meant it was the unrenovated portion of the hotel. They changed our room to the modern part without any hassle. The room was lovely with a great shower/bathroom. The area is fine, about 5-10 minutes walk to the old town and 15 minutes (across the bridge) to the train station.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I get a bit grumpy when you stay in a room for more than one night and house keeping don't replenish things properly. When I did request more coffee pods for the provided machine, they did oblige with a smile.

The staff were very helpful given that we had to make 2 separate bookings. One night was for our pleasure and the second for my husband's work. They were not only able to make sure we didn't have to change rooms, but also upgraded us. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Small room and with the luggage felt even smaller, however, that's Europe I guess. The tea making facility in the room was quite inconvenient, hardly any space to keep the kettle. Not enough plug points in the room and the internet wasn't super speedy.

Loved our stay at the quaint and beautiful Tiffany Hotel. Bed was comfy and loved the little balcony in the room. Room was small but the bed was big and very comfortable. The bathroom was comfortable and decent sized. Very clean room and cleaned beautifully everyday. Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A little bit expensive for fees of dining room and not enough for voice proof of the room.

The best service and altitude from all staff and very comfortable and amazing for lobby and bed, everything just excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Reservations via Booking get the old rooms which are not renovated ! Our AC didn't work so we got a room in the other building, where the rooms are renovated

Great Location, free Tram and Busticket

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel is excellent, very close to the city centre and the neighbourhood is very nice, safe and quiet. Decoration of the hotel is nice and rooms are clean. Rooms are a bit small but not so small if taking into consideration this is a city hotel. Staff is very helpful and professional. We asked for many information and got all of them, also they made reservations for us for dinners in a restaurants on our request without any problems. At the end of our stay we have left a phone (newest Iphone) in the room and they have sent it back to us to our country which only proves the level of professionalism. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The all-in price for breakfast - if you don't have the simple continental breakfast but just want healthy fruit and bread, you are paying the same price as those who have a full cooked breakfast. After the first day, we had breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien, just round the corner!

Very comfortable room and good service from all staff. Public areas, particularly the lounges very quiet and peaceful. Very convenient for tram / bus stop straight into town.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We have nothing negative to report.

Location was great given what we planned to explore. Free public transit pass made it easy to get around when we didn't feel like walking. The staff were courteous and friendly - special thanks to Jimmy for the local tips and weather reports, we were sad to say goodbye to you Jimmy, thanks for everything :) The hotel breakfast buffet and smaller plate options were tasty and plentiful. The hotel decor was very chic. We even liked their complimentary umbrellas so much we bought one!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The interior is a bit outdated..., would say it's more of the interior of a 2-3 star hotel, but it's probably just the parts I've seen. Who knows. There's also a strange smell in the hotel, not exactly bad but not particular to my liking.

Good location, nice staff They give their guests free pass of public transportation for the days of their stay - although I did not get to use it, it's just a very nice thing to do

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Restaurant a little pricey but quality, then it is Geneva. Lift is tiny.

Very friendly staff and excellent service, hotel has a quaint feel, room very comfortable and attractive, oldy world feel. Great location.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the hamman should be hotter

very comfortable bed and nice spa area

super friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance to all downtown attractions.

Didn't try the breakfast, but the dinner at restaurant was simply great.

Weather

size of the room and overall comfort

The split box spring under the mattress made it difficult to sleep with my wife.

The hotel was well appointed. Loved the steam room and the sauna.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Stayed during the motor show so the rates were a bit exaggerated.

Great location and clean rooms.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rude concierge. Also, they charged me the amount twice at check-out.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

More coffee pods in the room and some complimentary water would have been good.

Excellent food in the restaurant and friendly service.

The room is not big but confortable. The location is good and also the breakfast.

- location - room - staff - value for money

Breakfast not included

Great beds, nice art nouveau style, bathtub, nice location near old town

Quite an old hotel...breakfast needs a better variety especially for vegetarians! Room service and food menu was pretty basic.

It was ok!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was amazing. Very nice and friendly. The room was very clean and silent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A limited choice and very expensive. Express breakfast very poor value

Convenient

convenient location

Breakfast is not included

nice and cosy, quiet, beautiful rooms and furniture, personal coffee machine, usual prices in Geneva...

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Could have replenished the coffee supplies without having to ask.

The coffee and staff went the extra mile

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Shower was hard to get into, huge step up.

Clean, cosy room. Great service in restaurant and helpful staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The lift arrives only at the second last floor, after you need to walk up the stairs with your luggage

Very good buffet breakfast

Classy

Super friendly and helpful. Even offered me a complimentary umbrella to keep as it was raining when I left.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The size of the room, but being Canadians we are accustomed to bigger rooms

The staff was very very pleasant and helpful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room a bit small. Elevator very small. Breakfast very expensive and a poor.

Good position. Hotel a bit old but nice. Room clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was not value for money.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast and comfortable room.