Reviews of Warwick Geneva 4 stars

#49 of 95 hotels in Geneva

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The location and breakfast
    • Superior Room

The room’s air conditioner was poor and made sleeping difficult. However the staff was superb. They left us a wine bottle to welcome us and left water daily.

The location and breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Would I go there again? Only if everywhere else was full.
    • Classic Room

Cramped room. Adequate but not marvellous bathroom. Sealed Windows.

Perfectly adequate, if a little dated. Good location. Over-priced, but then it is in Geneva.

Location, Location, Location
    • Classic Room

The walls were a bit thin. In the middle of the night, another guest decided to play music and draw a bath. I could hear everything, including the water draining when her bath was over. Thankfully, this didn't last too long.

I loved how it was so conveniently located to the main train station. The person who checked me in at reception was very nice and friendly. Breakfast was good -- there were hot dishes as well as the cold to select from.

Location was fabulous.
    • Classic Room

Was a little disappointed in Geneva; pricing was way out of proportion to what we saw in Interlaken and Zurich. Not the hotel's fault; just the area it's in.

Location was fabulous. Bed and pillows very comfortable. A lovely way to end a fabulous Switzerland vacation!

The free laundry and the public transportation ticket given...
    • Superior Room

No hose pipe water in the toilet ... the air condition was off while we are sleep

The free laundry and the public transportation ticket given by the hotel

Wonderfully Happy!!
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

There was not anything we did not like; only the cappuccino was slightly below expectation.

Service was excellent, staff were friendly and courteous. Loved the balcony with our room. Best club sandwich served at the bar!

Worst experience ever
    • Classic Room

Although I had a confirmed booking I was told by the night manager I don’t have a booking in a very rude way! He went on and on about the booking being cancelled although I never received anything from booking or the property! It was evident that the staff in that evening had issues with each other and they took it out on me. It was late and I was tired and didn’t do much talking! yet the manager suddenly said “ no drama!” I got really upset as he was on the wrong, he did the shouting yet I get told no drama!!! He took the money out of my credit card, told me I was lucky to get the last room they had and I ended up in a match box !!! The room was ridiculously small and I was charged the same amount of a large decent room. They had no bell boy and I had to carry my luggage myself. Will never go back there again.. I feel I was scammed.

• Superior Room

I am a UN staff and should get a UN rate. However front desk mentioned that I could not get this rate since I reserve through Booking.com. My colleagues who are not UN staff got a discount just for attending meeting at our UN meeting.

Functional hotel - great location.
    • Classic Room

Not exactly a friendly hotel. The concierge was the exception - he was great! It had a cold clinical feel to it and with regards to my room - i first thought it was a broom cupboard as the entry door was so small I had to go in sideways and shuffle my large case in sideways accordingly.

Great location - this is the big plus. Right opposite the railway station and five mins from the bus station. The bed was comfortable and the TV had BBC.

Great hotel
    • Classic Room

Tacky not allowing 20% discount for food purchase since discount card not provided at check in

Great location. Walking distance to lake Geneva restaurants and rr station for access to airport

Horrible, never again.
    • Classic Room

Everything else was bad. We were only checked in at 4:30pm, which was 1.5 hours after the official check in time. We had to wait for a long time at the lobby, which was very difficult as we were traveling already for almost 10 hours, with 3 young kids who were getting tired and restless. The cleaning was bad. We were out the whole day the following day and came back at 4:45pm, the rooms were not cleaned even though I saw the cleaners on the floor at 9am. Asked the reception why and she said she didn’t know and they had a “crazy busy” day. It’s not a customers problem if the hotel is busy, it is not professional to leave it unclean for so long. The cleaner finally came at 4:50pm and took only 15 mins to clean the room. My bedsheets were dirty (my toddler had split milk and Oreo cookies over it) but it was not changed. Pillows were left on the grotty carpet as the beds were being made. We were all tired and hoping to get some rest before heading out for dinner but the cleaners came and meant we had to camp in one room while they did their work. Bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke even though it’s a non smoking floor/room. I believe it came in through the bathroom vent that cannot be switched off. All in all, the smell was quite annoying. The carpet is grotty. At night we could hear ambulance sirens really loudly, almost through the night. I would not come here again.

The beds were big and comfortable

Very very nice location!
    • Classic Room

HATED that the check in time was at 3pm but they never gave us our room before 5pm !

Very very nice location! Really enjoyed that we could reach everything walking

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Attractive reception area, clean room and comfortable beds.
    • Classic Room

Attractive reception area, clean room and comfortable beds. Many thanks to Clement, I wish all hotels had staff like him. Very helpful and a nice person to talk to.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Heart of Geneva

What’s not to like

Located ‘at’ the main station in the heart of Geneva, putting you in walking distance of most of the old city. Train, bus and tram at your doorstep. The Hotel provides free public transport for the duration of your stay....

Central located, good breakfeast, super bar with friendly...
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

As I am used to book five star hotels only, I was blown away of the price of the room. The room and the terrace were nice, but the bathroom could certainly use an upgrade. Very good plus is that it is possible to get a smoking room, super gesture of the hotel!

Central located, good breakfeast, super bar with friendly staff. Overall, my stay was good here and I would certainly come back. I really had a great time there.

Basic with an accessible location
    • Classic Room

It was basic, I didn't receive any personalized service or greeting (although I'm a member of their loyalty program). The management or superiors showed obvious signs of not caring about more than what was needed. Hence, nothing exceeded my, "I need a bed for a night or two and don't bother me please" expectation. Housekeeping started to knock the door in the morning of some reason.

It's clean, the staff welcomes you with the normal, "I've been here too long to really care but I know the policies, systems and how to give the basics" type of service. The friendliest staff members were the bellmen and the intern/young staff. The bed is comfortable and being located right in front of the train station and a 5-min walk from the lake makes it very accessible.

Would like to visit again
    • Penthouse Terrace Suite

From the terrace of the suite, we had beautiful views of the Jet d'Eau Fountain and mountains. Geneva Lake is 10 minutes walk. Genève-Cornavin railway station is 5 minutes walk.

Just Fine
    • Superior Room

The room was not cleaned on time. Most of the time the cleaning was done between 14:00 - 15:00. We paid double room rate but we were given one bottle of water to share. We raised the issue with the front desk but we got back a good smile and seems punishment for not cleaning the room as it should be. We stayed in the same hotel in December 2017, it was much better by all means.

We have stayed before and do not remember breakfast being so bad so maybe it was a one-off.
    • Classic Room

The staff could not keep up with the breakfast peak. Hot food running out. Croissant ran out. No bowls, just plates for yogurt. I asked if fried eggs were available. The answer was yes but no indication as to whether an order had been taken or how to make one. None came.

Location, rooms, reception staff

Never ever again
    • Classic Room

We booked 3 rooms and One room was so smaller and there was no parking.during check in the person was so good but the person who took our luggage was not at all polite as if he is forced to work. during check out staff were very friendly and helpful .honestly nxt time I would not stay again.

Would choose your hotel again
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

The fact that we could not prolong our stay with a couple of hours (even paying) to meet our flight schedule whilst check in was at 3 PM, so we had 21 hours stay.

The good beds The free public transport ticket

I didnt appreciate the accueil from the reception,...
    • Classic Room

I didnt appreciate the accueil from the reception, considering the number of etoiles they have, I thought they would be a bit more welcoming. at a moment quite rude . The parking, they rented so, extra money for it, which was a bit of surprise, and the luggage I had to carry it myself until my room.

When booking the property the photo showed the...

Room view :(

When booking the property the photo showed the lake/river view room but were disappointed that they could not give the same room and said it was fully booked. They upgraded us to a pent house room at high floor but again no view and with street and train station view, we were staying only for one night and view and location was the reason to choose this place.. We were expecting a better compensation but that is what the staff could offer at the time and we were tired and no time to trying staying in other hotel.

Good, but could be better
    • Classic Room

The air-conditioning in our room was not good enough. The price of the room is expensive.

The location is perfect, opposite the train station and lots of restaurants and other shops are available within a minute of walking. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Excellent and perfect hotel in Geneva I recall recommend it
    • Superior Room

Classy fancy and perfect location wonderful and friendly staff located near Geneva station which is easy to travel anywhere in Jhené by using the train its five minutes walking to the Geneva lake Geneva Fontaine and the floral clock I highly recommend it

It was a lovely hotel very close to the train station which...
    • Classic Room

Would have liked space in the minibar to keep milk but on reflection I imagine they would have emptied the minibar if we had asked as they were very accommodating.

It was a lovely hotel very close to the train station which made travelling around Switzerland so easy. The bedroom and bathroom were lovely and clean. Breakfast was great with loads of great selection. We had let the hotel know we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and they gave us some lovely champagne and truffles to celebrate.

It is suitable location but some employees at reception customer service level us poor
    • Classic Room

Upon check out I received from my bank account message saying that there was excess Chf 100 withrawal from my bank acciunt chf 273 instead of 173 And i sent a claim to the hotel to verify th matter and take corrective action but till nie i did not receive any reoly to my email from warwick hotel

The lication

I booked an appartement on the 7thf floor, with balcony.
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

I booked an appartement on the 7thf floor, with balcony. Something didn't work well with TV so I asked a lovely, black gentleman for help(don't remember a name) . And even tho it was 1 am he helped me out with everything I asked for! Went very smooth. Great service 😊👌

Absolutely disappointing. Dated property. Poor ambiance and feel.
    • Classic Room

The hotel lobby, the room, the typical floor hallway, the facilities. Let it be clear, this should not be considered a four star property.

The bed was comfortable.

Nice hotel in the centre of Geneva

Everything was fine.

We had a penthouse room which was nice, big and comfortable with a balcony. The location of the hotel is central, everything can be reached easily by tramway, the lake is at walking distance. The wifi and the breakfast were good. The hotel does not have private parking, but you can leave your car in the parking house located a couple of meters from the hotel for reduced fees.

The bed was extremely comfortable.
    • Classic Room

Update room so phone charger is near the bed/on nightstand

The bed was extremely comfortable. I slept very well. The food ordered in the restaurant was excellent.

Staff first!
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

Room layout was weird. Bed by the balcony, so that door was difficult to open, then sofa (sofa to open for airline crews or kids?) with nothing in front! So, difficult to open balcony door and waste of space in front of sofa! I would have put the sofa at the place of the bed and vice versa. Room 705...

Staff first! Professional at reception and especially at restaurant and bar where the head man provided much needed drinking and eating comfort!

Excellent hotel in Geneva
    • Classic Room

Especially no negative points.

Very comfortable bed, very wide bathtub, very good location and very friendly staffs! I will stay again when I visit Geneve future.

it's okay
    • Classic Room

The reception needs my credit card and pin code at checkin to block a deposit. I find this procedure very unfriendly, with a total lack of trust. They already have my credit card details at booking, so this method is inconvenient, unnecessary and time consuming. Breakfast is not a good value, way overpriced for the offer. You can get better croissants/bagels and coffee for half the price around the station.

The room was nice and simple. Hotel is in perfect location.

A very enjoyable stay, nothing was to much trouble.
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

The only issue was we had Mojito's in the bar, the first night they were excellent, the second night there was hardly any alcohol was in the cocktail.

The staff were always happy to see you, especially the doormen, always a smile and a nice welcome as they opened the door for you.

Brilliant location and the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!
    • Classic Room

Brilliant location and the comfiest bed I have ever slept in! The pillows were like clouds, amazing! The room was lovely, just what we needed for our stay. Couldn’t fault it at all.

We were a little disappointed as we weren’t welcomed in a...
    • Classic Room

We were a little disappointed as we weren’t welcomed in a proper manner . We arrived at 10pm with 2 kids and the lady at the reception was not cooperative or understanding and insisted we upgrade to a bigger room costing us double the rate although we didn’t require a baby cot or extra bed. Her approach was extremely rude otherwise the location was excellent and the hotel itself was average we even had to take our own luggage half way inside the hotel no one was there to assist until later

Overall, good and nice hotel.
    • Classic Room

Breakfast quite expensive (as everything in Geneva).

Overall, good and nice hotel. Close to the train station, where you have overground, busses and trains. Walking distance to Geneva lake, the shopping area and the old town. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Check out at 12, which was nice.

Decent but the staff was not very nice
    • Classic Room

The scrambled eggs and breakfast were powder. When we asked them to make normal eggs as my child was allergic they brought the powdered eggs and pretended they were real. Then after some arguing they finally agreed to bring the eggs but my the time they came (30 minutes after we originally ordered eggs) we had to leave as we had an appointment.

The room was comfortable. Excellent location.
    • Classic Room

The buffet breakfast in the morning was disappointing. I ordered English Breakfast tea and the tea bag was old and full of mould. We also had dinner there the first night, the food was below average and over priced.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

Great hotel. Great stay.
    • Classic Room

Room wasn't ready on time, as they were a little busy when we arrived, however, they held our suitcases so we could explore the city while the room was being cleaned.

Centralised location very close to all the hot spots... plenty of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs close by. Good view from the hotel and lovely comfortable bed. Very clean.

We had a wonderful stay at Warwick Geneva.
    • Classic Room

We had a wonderful stay at Warwick Geneva. The hotel location was perfect. It is located opposite the Geneve train station with easy access to and from Geneva Airport. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was good with a very comfy bed.

Great hotel, helpful staff and close to the station - for a business trip, perfect!
    • Classic Room

The location just close to the Cornavin station is perfect! 10 minutes from the airport and the hotel is there waiting for you. It has all the facilities you need, the staff were super friendly and it was perfect for our business trip.

Its just not with 350 CHF a night. Not in terms of facilities, room size, location.
    • Classic Room

I do not think that you can charge 350 CHF per night for a room on the second floor facing the road with very poor noise isolation, and and aged bathroom. Got walked in on twice by the staff in the room; without knocking.

The service and availability of the staff.

Cheep hotel, no amanities. Rude liar receptionist
    • Classic Room

Staff. Asked for higher floor room in advance but they gave me 1st floor with stupid explanations. Requested late check out. They let me stay 1 hour but 4 different person called me during this 1 houre and asked me to leave the room. Also, someone came to my room...

Convenient Location

We arrived late and the room service was just what we needed...
    • Classic Room

We arrived late and the room service was just what we needed after a long day of driving - tasty and very friendly service! All the staff were very friendly and that made our experience of an unfamiliar place very enjoyable and relaxing!

I would recommend this hotel for its location
    • Classic Room

room was very clean but the door handle/lock needs to be fixed and the furniture needs tlc (wooden desk had scrapes on it and was chipped).

Location was superb Train, tram, bus or taxi right beside the hotel and a few minutes walk takes you down to the lake

Location can’t be beat.
    • Classic Room

Carpeting looks outdated. Additional amenities (eg pool and gym) would be appreciated

Location can’t be beat. Right across from Gare Cornavin. Room decor relatively modern and bed very comfortable with gigantic and soft pillows.

Great location with lovely extra touches
    • Classic Room

Breakfast not included and breakfast was expensive.

Extra comfy pillows, bathrobe & slippers nice touch. Opposite main train station but soundproof rooms & great location to Geneva lake.

Not happy
    • Classic Room

The check in staff spoilt the experience for us and left a bitter taste

The person at that point in time was rude and obnoxious in fact rate it as racist

Warwick Geneva is a very nice hotel and staff were courteous and welcoming. Highly recommended.
    • Superior Room

I needed to stay close to the train station so that I could get to the airport for an early flight. The hotel location was perfect for this requirement.

Front desk staff really nice!
    • Classic Room

Front desk staff really nice! Excelent room windows with panoramic view of centrum. Tasty breakfast with everything you can imagine. Very good for train travelers because is in front of central station.

always a great experience
    • Classic Room

expand the room service menu a bit more

staff in general are nice, polite, helpful. Service at the reception and in the restaurant very good , rooms are clean and beds very comfortable

Excellent location for short break in Geneva.
    • Classic Room

This was an excellent Hotel for short break in Geneva. It is well located near main train station with excellent links on other transport. The free travel pass was welll used. Although the restaurant is closed at points over the weekend the bar food was very adequate. I would certainly use this HoTel again.

Friendly staff, quiet but expensive breakfast
    • Classic Room

Breakfast was not included and the price was quite high compared with another option I had in the past. Most likely, on the next trip in Geneva, I will choose other option.

The staff (receptionist area and restaurant nearby) were very friendly and helpful with all my questions and needs. I liked the hotel because is quiet, even nearby the main train station and busy area.

location is great everythingvis reachable by little walk and...
    • Classic Room

the room needs more electric plugs there was only one which is really annoying when u have so many things to charge and use at the same time

location is great everythingvis reachable by little walk and the staff were very kind and helpful

The location is close to everything just 5’ walk to the lake...
    • Classic Room

That the terrace with a beautiful view to the lake was closed.

The location is close to everything just 5’ walk to the lake & many attractions and almost in front of the train station and many of the trams & buses also. Nice places to eat just 2’ away.

Convenient, comfortable and great service.
    • Classic Room

A little rough around the edges in the room. Black scuff marks on the wall, old and worn door handles, a feeling of needing "a face-lift" for more freshness.

Amazing bed! Great pillows and duvet. The shower was terrific and nice soaps and lotion.

Perfect location, friendly cooperative staff.
    • Classic Room

My pillow was gigtantic but I asked reception to give me a smaller pillow and they did. So nothing! Everything was great.

Location is right next to the tram Gare Cornavine which can take you anywhere for free. There are also restaurants and supermarkets at the station so it was so convenient (Subway, Starbucks, Migros, etc)

Hotel is in the front train station
    • Classic Room

Hotel is in the front train station Clean ,comfortable,staff is friendly Specially at front desk Mr.Zoppa is very friendly,cooperative and helping. Check in and check out was easy and we had a nice stay in the hotel

It should not be considered as a 4 star hotel.
    • Classic Room

I booked the room thru booking. Com and requested a twin bed room. Upon check in I mentioned that I need a room with 2 beds, but they still gave me a double bed room. I have to go down to the front desk again. Then they moved me to another room and telling me the housekeeping will seperate the beds. No one came until I called them at 8:00pm to fix the beds. The next day at 7: 00am, a maid woke us up for make up the room. I told her to do it at around 12 noon. When I came back to the hotel at 7pm, the room was not cleaned. I had to call the housekeeping for that . It is okay that the room is small, but it needs to be renovated.

beds were comfortable, staff were friendly, TV had choice of...
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

beds were comfortable, staff were friendly, TV had choice of many channels including English. The only negative comment that the breakfast was cold including bacon etc to start with and on telling the staff they later warmed it up.

Clean hotel in a central location with friendly staff
    • Classic Room

Staff were friendly and provided free public’s transport passes as well as some basic tourist information to get us started on our sightseeing. The hotel was located directly opposite Geneva central train station. There were plenty of amenities in the surrounding area. Rooms were warm and clean with comfortable beds.

quiet room on a huge courtyard even though the train station...
    • Classic Room

quiet room on a huge courtyard even though the train station is just across the road... and has a window that one can open.... ! Luxurious and comfortable

Housekeeping did not clean my room without any reason, I had...
    • Classic Room

Housekeeping did not clean my room without any reason, I had to sleep in a dirty room which I was not happy at as I only came to the hotel around 11:00 pm and tired

Close to good restaurants and train station
    • Penthouse Terrace Room

We were taking a nap so we didnt hear someone knocking on the door but the staff just came in and woke us up.

Close to good restaurants and train station

Great location, staff, bed and surprisingly quiet

The Restaurant was closed for dinner on January 1

Great location, right next to the train station but surprisingly quiet, thanks to the modern windows used. Staff was very nice, didn't get the chance to really try the restaurant but the Apple tart was delicious! Mattress and pillows were very comfortable.

Good hotel with a great location.
    • Classic Room

There wasn't enough staff to attend to my request. Example : we called room service and ask for ice to be delivered to our room. They told us that there's only 1 people available and we have to go down and collect the ice on our own.

I like the location of the hotel. <5 mins walk from the Geneva Cornavin station.

handy and comfortable stay.
    • Classic Room

Street noise can be a bit high and the area does not have a great atmosphere but its pretty good value for ,money in geneva where hotels are expensive

very central location and ticks all the boxes for a short Geneva Stay. Station opposite is very handy way to and from airport as taxi ride is short but over 50 Euros,

Internet access & logging in- the most awful in the...
    • Classic Room

Internet access & logging in- the most awful in the world. You have to fill a questionnaire of a hundred of irrelevant questions to get the excess to WiFi

Good location and staff.
    • Classic Room

Was really hot inside and if you try to open the window it becomes very noisy. Also we couldn't find a way to play videos from USB.

Good location and staff.

The room and linens were lovely, the staff very helpful - we...
    • Classic Room

The room and linens were lovely, the staff very helpful - we received complementary transit passes and maps and kind recommendations for where to go. We needed to be near the station for an early departure and we were in the perfect spot.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

it was ok
    • Classic Room

Breakfast was the same boring food for 5 days no changes and no varieties , The noise from the bathroom fan was very load you have to keep the bathroom door shut at all times.the room was small and so is the bed.

The stuff was very friendly, the location is good close to the train station, plenty of small restaurants close by and other hotels

Location, staff, City center
    • Classic Room

The big bed is uncomfortable, because it is two single beds connected to each other as a king bed The boiler does not work

Location, staff, City center

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Excellent location, not very well maintained
    • Classic Room

Not well maintained.. tv remote was not working, bathroom door doesn’t close well, water mixer was leaking. Be careful if you use a debit card, I was charged for the room twice and still waiting for refund. Breakfast was below expectations

Excellent location right opposite to the train station and main tram stop. Walking distance to many attractions. Nice staff Clean room