Reviews of Zurich Marriott Hotel 5 stars

Neumühlequai 42, City Centre, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland

#75 of 121 hotels in Zürich

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

Noise from the hotel roof top bar kept me awake until midnight .

Very friendly and helpful staff , my room had an amazing view , very clean room , I had access to lounge which was very good , good selection of snacks althogh not much of wine variety.

• Deluxe Room

Good Location. Walking distance to the Train Station. Train to and from the airport is very fast and good. Walking distance to Old town with lots restaurant, bars and stores. Boat tours and Museum. Thai restaurant at the hotel was very good.

• Deluxe Room

Shower was mediocre, water came easily onto the towel area, making everything more wet than necessary

Good service and great location. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The view from the room onto the river and the sunset is a bonus.

• Superior Room

Nothing was terrible, its just that there is at least one hotel that is much nicer for similar money.

Close to the train station and reasonably close to Old Town shops and restaurants. Nothing terrible about the hotel, but for similar money the Park Hyatt is substantially nicer in all respects.

• Deluxe Room

The staff were all friendly and professional, the room was a great size and very comfortable beds. Great location just outside the main busy area but only a short ealk to the train station.

• Deluxe Room

They did not explain us in advance that our room was not in the main tower of the hotel but in an annex on the other side of the street. Αlso the bed mattress is a bit old and not so comfortable

Big room, rich breakfast, nice lounge

• Superior Room

Staff are too rude. They have a problem in the accounting. They charged room fee and the deposit twice (total of 4 times) in two separate occasions !

Clean and neat. But not to a five stars level.

• Deluxe Room

Staff are super friendly, smiling, always helpful. We upgraded to a bigger room with river view and access to M Club which is great because you get free snacks, juices and alcoholic drinks all day in the lounge and breakfast, too.

We had a room in the 34th floor with lake view. The window was to dirty from outside and a lot of insects are attached to it to some extent that my little daughter was effrayed from. Also we had a room with M club access that was almost nothing. We just payed.

Location and view and staff

• Deluxe Room

Stayed at the annex where you walk over the glass bridge and not in the tower. Rooms there were just not up to standard when it comes to noise reduction. I could hear my neighbor on skype and it sounded like he sits next to me on my bed. TV you were listening to at least two TV's on the same time. all looked like a student home. Absolutely below expectation and price value is out of any sense.

location is good. Check in was friendly

• Deluxe Room

Windows didn’t open (for obvious reasons, but still) and no balconies.

The muffins were really good as well as different eggs based meals. The bed was comfortable and the view was amazing.

• Deluxe Room

I did not like that there was no bottle water complimentary in the room. The checking at the breakfast facility was kind of humiliating.

I liked very much the location. The staff at the reception was very friendly and supportive. I appreciate a lot Rebecca's help with check-in.

• Deluxe Room

The accommodated all of our requests, baby crib, warm milk for the baby, cold milk for the toddler delivered to the room! Excellent breakfast with great variety. Bonus on the valet parking!! And a 10 minute walk to central Zürich

Parking , I have travelled by car and usually parking is either free or you pay a daily amount ; I was surprised that I was charged 4 CHF per hour which resulted in 80 CHF for my one night stay = 50 % of the my room's cost

Location is great, staff very professional , I have tried white elephant food and service very good .

• Deluxe Room

The only negative was the location was about 1/2 a mile from town and the trollys...so if you like waking and have nice weather its not a problem but if your not a big walker and weather is not nice it could be a downer.

Good value and a fantastic view from the 35 floor room we occupied. The hotel was nice and comfortable as were the rooms. modern look and feel made the hotel seem new even though its probably been around a while.

• Deluxe Room

A/C rattled. Staff tried hard to upsell the room. The building is old and the rooms somewhat dated.

We chose the Marriott because of its location and the fact that we had a very late flight (10:30pm) and wanted a hotel with spa facilities so that we could shower many hours after checkout. The spa was large and served it's purpose for us. The staff graciously allowed an hour late check-out too. Bed was large and comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is far and no comfortable you hear the door for another rooms and when house keeping clean hear a machine and breakfast so poor no beauty salon there

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

I don’t like lounge room for breakfast it’s really small parking cost money I didn’t like bathroom, because it’s narrow and shower is not in a same bathroom

Lovely staff, good location, clean,

• Deluxe Room

A little bit dated & need renovation.

A little bit far from city center but you can get by walk. The room cervice & the food quality good was good. Nice walking way beside the river to city center & it was enjoyable.

• Deluxe Room

Thai restaurant is good but expensive as expected.

Staff is amazing and really helpful. I would not say nice location but walkable distance from station.

• Deluxe Room

Told.me that they are proving room on 25th floor. They have floor numbering like after 4th floor they have 24th floor, whats the point of 25th floor and they mentioning it. Forced to shell out extra money without explanation

Near to station, nothing else.

• Deluxe Room

National team of Egypt had been accomodated in the same location and floor of us and it caused let’s of incomfort ( noise and lots of fan in lobby and common areas of north tower)

• Deluxe Room

The extra care and a get well soon note when they got to know I was not well on top of it they sent me complimentary Zu Tea and allowed me for late checkout.

• Deluxe Room

Too close to the street and the tram noise, too much elevator ride to get to the room

Access to the tram is good, central location, friendly staff, housekeeping kept toiletries and towels well stocked

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

We were disappointed. We expected a luxury hotel but didn't get it. One day they even forgot to clean our room. We asked for a high floor and got a low floor (4/16) and also a cigarette smelling room and after our complaints the receptionist didn't let us speak to the manager but agreed to give us a higher floor (10/16). The bed was uncomfortable. We definitely won't come back.

Check out process

Breakfast was very good. Excellent buffet, wide range of food and high quality. Staff very kind. I could not have dinner at the restaurant at night as it was fully booked and unfortunately when I checked-in the staff did not inform us that it would have been better to book a table.

• Club Room with Club Lounge Access

The breakfast was delicious, very rich and varied, the staff very courteous, the service at the hotel outstanding, there are staff everywhere who take care that you will not lack anything, room service comes in several times. I took the Executive Lounge which is highly recommended for business people who need a place to work.

• Deluxe Room

The restaurant in the hotel not the Thai one. I can’t remember the name but the food was average for the price. That was only one night but the rest of the time was amazing!

Breakfast was amazing! The staff was helpful and amazing as well.

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

Some of the staff at the main restaurant weren’t very polite. (Breakfast time). But overall I would say other staff were helpful and nice.

Room service was so quick and helpful at any time of the day. Very clean rooms and environment. Great lounge area!

• Deluxe Room

the staff could have been kinder as they were a little aggressive from time to time when we had simple issues. but otherwise very kind and helpful. very quick to handle the issues we have had throughout our stay.

the room is perfect for solo people who want to have a comfortable stay. worth the price and very clean. perfect for a couple of nights' stay. it was however quite a long walk within the hotel to reach to the room

Nothing really !

Wonderful surprise to be upgraded to the Panoramic Suite right at the very top of the hotel on the 39th floor...lovely suite with an amazing view of Zurich...just perfect. Very pretty restaurant with an original cable car in the centre....lovely breakfast...elegant Swiss style. Close proximity to the city centre ...a pleasant 10 minute walk. Lovely to be able to make use of the Executive lounge at one's leisure.

• Deluxe Room

A few things that surprised me for a 5 start hotel included: the absence of cutlery in the mini bar for your tea and well as milk in the fridge for the coffee/tea facilities. The shower was a good size, but the shower head was so low and close to the wall which made it difficult for men/women over 5'10". We were put in a corner room at the back of the hotel, which wasn't the best views but the room was a good size. Could hear the ambulances throughout the night.

Staff were very responsive, lovely bar area. Club sandwich was devine! Gym facilites were also the best I've seen in a while. Good location to walk to West Zurich and the old town.

• Deluxe Room

Housekeeping was amazing and always cleaned our room when we were out. It didn’t matter what time of day, they were excellent about adjusting to our daily schedule.

• Deluxe Room

Being told they would take 100 CHF as a deposit a day for our stay from my credit card ....... which if we didn't pay any extras, we would get it back within 3 weeks !!!!! I explained we already had breakfast and lunch included, and we would be out of the hotel for dinner, so we didn't need any extras ....... in many years of travelling ( ex-flight attendant for 10 years !!!! ) and also for pleasure at least once a month , a hotel has never asked me to take a deposit !!!!! ( the thing that I didn't like was being told that I would get it back within 3 weeks !!!!! ) not bad when you take 100CHF for every room and keep the money ( interest 3 weeks !!!!! )

• Deluxe Room

The room is big with a big window, it will be super bright when it is sunny outside. You can see the river and also a part of the church. It’s only 5min walk to the central station and the city center.

• Deluxe Room

the room door made a banging sound every time someone uses the service doors. there is problem with the air flow and room doors that our room door would make a sound when the service door was used. I called the front desk 4 times but no one took action and all I got where useless apologies

• Deluxe Room

My room was small The room was too complicated to get to Have to go to 2 elevators n cross to other side before getting to the room What a hassle I thought I got a bad room bcos I booked thru Booking.com

• Deluxe Room

The service is far beyond the level that you except to have in five star hotel. For example, we ordered room for too adult and 9 yrs child – regardless of that, it was almost impossible to get bed lines for the child.

The location, facilities and comfort are ok.

• Deluxe Room

Unfortunately, Friday night traffic was loud and constant - I was on a low floor looking into offices. A small inconvenience compared to all the pluses that came with the hotel. By bed time, no traffic and no activity in the offices opposite.

Bed linen divine! Everything from beginning to end was simple and fast. Easy walk from train station. Lovely walk around town. Safe and clean for a woman alone bonus points. Staff well trained and charm rolled off them naturally - and quite frankly having good staff is 90% of the deal. Great hotel. Great city of Zurich.

• Deluxe Room

Perfect location: 10 min. walk to the city, 10 min. by car to the airport. Excellent facilities, meticulously clean and maintained. One of the best breakfast buffets on the market!

• Deluxe Room

Facilities in the hotel , had to ask for things which should have been provided beforehand Approximation of price, would like to have one concrete figure as I had to pay about £100 more than booking price Breakfast seemed to same for all days of the year, would have liked some variety

It was really close to city centre and most of the places were within walking distance

• Deluxe Room

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The location of the hotel was good since the Zurich main train station is just an 8 minute walk away.

• Superior Room

Tv connection was broken a few times and the whole bathroom floor was inundated after taking a shower

Great bed!!! Delicious breakfast. Very nice staff

• Deluxe Room

They are thief, they charged me 15 frank for using only one bottle of water, however the price for one is showed 7.5 frank. Also my colleague they charged him all the cost of the mini bar but he did not use anything. I would not recommend it. The price is high. Location.

• Deluxe Room

Hotel was old, out of the way had to walk through either a deserted quiet stretch or a street with XXX shop which didn’t make me feel safe. No swimming pool.

Nothing much

• Deluxe Room

Stayed at executive room with Lounge acess. The best ever Lounge we've been. Huge variety of food at the lounge both at breakfast, dinner and through out the day. Staff was very attentive and warm. Beautiful, clean room and comfortable bed. Very convenient location, 5 minutes to the central station, Best of Switzerland Tour bus (as tour bus doesn't do hotel pickup). Within walking distance to department store, supermarket and a number of museums.

• Superior Room

They say 25 floor in the elevator but the real floor is 6 or 7. I asked for a city view room they told me ok and then I ended up with a view of the other building in front of the hotel. Its not that I didnt like but at least they should tell the truth.

Marriot Zurich is a perfect hotel for a business trip

• Superior Room

I felt a bit unsafe walking around at night coming back from dinner as it seems to be on the wrong side of the railway. There were lots of groups of youth walking up and down along the river when the sun had gone down making a lot of noise. Walking back from dinner with our child right near the location of the hotel are a lot of adult toy shops. I didn’t feel safe to go down into the carpark at night when it was dark. The pillows were extremely uncomfortable. They were too big and we had to fold them over making it difficult to sleep with. They seem to be popular in Swiss hotels.

Newly carpeted and furnished room with new modern bathroom. The room had a nice outlook over the river. We had the couch made up nicely into a single bed which was very helpful. Walking distance to some good restaurants and shops 500m from the hotel. Reception front desk staff was friendly. There was a well stocked mini bar.

• Deluxe Room

I was jetlagged and housekeeping ignored my 'do not disturb sign' twice to ask if they could clean. Ruined my sleep. The tv didn't work properly where the remote woyld freeze up or refuse to turn on or off. The wall shared a door to the next room and i could hear every word of their conversations (if i spoke Arabic) The club sandwich was way overpriced for what it was.

The room was big, the bed was comfortable the locating was good.

• Deluxe Room

We did ask the bartender for some recommendations of places to eat (we had not done much research before arriving), and despite us saying that we would be visiting the hotel restaurant on one of our evenings, he kept pushing only the hotel restaurants and didn't give us any local tips. Not a big deal, but our experience in other places has always been that hotel staff tend to know good places to eat and drink and we would haved loved to hear about them.

While we were given separate beds, we were upgraded to a brilliant room with a view. I had requested a view through booking.com so this was a lovely surprise upon arrival. The view over Zurich was outstanding: on the first day we could see to the mountains, and on the second day we were lucky to have lots of snow. The room was comfy and we enjoyed the bar and Swiss restaurant.

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

Unfortunately the list of what we don't like is bigger. - The size and the interior of the room. We booked Grand Superior Room - sounds cool, but in fact it's very simple basic room without any personal touch. The size is also smaller than we understood from the pictures and description and definitely not that impressive for 5-stars hotel. - The executive lounge was total disappointing. We traveling a lot in different countries and always trying to book a room with lounge access while possible, so we have many other hotels to compare with. This one was the worst unfortunately, worse than some even 4-stars hotels. It looks more like waiting room in the airport or train station - very simple furniture, not cozy at all, very crowded most of the time. Often we couldn't even find a place to seat - seems like almost all the visitors have the access there, that is not a bad thing, but it should't be represented as a luxury hotel facility in such case. They serve kind of dinner at 5pm that is nice touch, food quality is acceptable but again, not for 5-stars hotel. FYI - if you have an access to executive lounge, you have to eat breakfast only there! This rule was not explained at our check-in, so one morning we came into lounge and again is was very crowded and we didn't find a place to seat, so we went to "regular" breakfast room. Firstly, the selection at the "regular" breakfast is much more extensive than in the lounge. Secondly the restaurant itself in much more cozy than "executive lounge" and well designed. Our biggest "surprise" was at check-out when it turned out that we should pay for the breakfast we had in the restaurant that day! Luckily, the reception staff were great and as we explained that we didn't know that rule, they didn't charge us, but anyway this rule doesn't make sense!

- All the staff from reception and front desk to cleaning ladies were very friendly and positive, especially in the lounge. - The view from our room was great. - This hotel has the best selection of English speaking entertainment channels in Europe, trust me! - Very good quality of bathroom amenities (but the size is very small though). - Good coffee, hot chocolate, tea and good selection of soft drinks in executive lounge. - Very nice touch - take-away cups with lids for tee or coffee in the room and lounge, cool and very convenient idea that we didn't see in other hotels. - 10 minute nice walk to Zürich Hauptbahnhof.

• Deluxe Room

Rooms are little cramped, room service forgot our special requests multiple times. View was not good from our room, and access to rooms which is on 4th floor requires multiple elevators changes from reception. Hotel forgot to respond to our request for pickup from Zurich HB since we had many bags. We ended up walking from station to hotel, although it is very near, with many bags it could become an issue.

Location is good, very near Zurich HB so many places are accessible easily.

• Club Room with Club Lounge Access

The house keeping service don’t clean the room well , for example if you leave the bathrobe on a chair they dont take it back to the washroom ! If you have things on the table in a messy way and the table is dirty they keep it like it is!! They didnt give us another towel when they took the dirty one ! The lounge is empty in the snack timing!there is only coffee .. etc and some drinks ( if they finished they dont bring more) and peanuts only!! You pay extra for it and you get a little! The washroom is our room is very small and annoying ..

The staff are super kind , helpful and friendly .. location is perfect , room view is nice..room size is good.. the carpeted floor is comfortable..

• Club Room with Club Lounge Access

Access to lounge. Hotel surprised me with a birthday cake without us informing them that my birthday was on Christmas Day - lovely cake and very special!

• Deluxe Room

No soundproofing - walls like paper. Could hear people in the neighbouring rooms, which disturbed our sleep all night. Shower temperature wildly unpredictable. Bar prices extortionate. Lobby and breakout areas very cold.

The location - walking distance from the train station. The staff. Bed comfy.

• Deluxe Room

The only way to reach Zurich centre was on foot (about 10min) or by taxi since no public transfer was crossing by outside the hotel. We travelled with our two children (8 and 4) and it was quite tiring especially for the younger one.

Very nice breakfast, friendly personel, excellent service

• Deluxe Room

The cleaners working in the room next door early on a Sunday morning were very noisy. Doors were slamming, things were being lobbed into metal bins. No concern about guests. Although there is complimentary tea and coffee facilities in the room, there was no teaspoon.

Very comfortable bed. Temperature was set perfectly.

• Deluxe Room

Last day of my stay someone walked in without knocking on the door and left imediatly without informing me the reason or apologized, I have informed the staff upon my check out where they have apologized and told me they will look into it

Location, reception staff and the staff from the restaurants

• Club Room with Club Lounge Access

All was good... but in my opinion: Gym equipment could be more diverse Rooms could be a bit bigger but this is Europe its understandable

Perfect breakfast Nice beds Good location Helpful & smiling staff

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

The heating did not work properly so we given freestanding heaters which compensated this

The Breakfast was outstanding and the staff in the breakfast room extremely helpful. All of the staff was attentive and friendly.

• Deluxe Room

The view of the reserved room was bad so they charged me CF 50 to each day to transferred me to other room , makeup service was not good , they tried to charge me for fast internet even not used

Breakfast Medum the bed OK

• Deluxe Room

The stuff could work better (twice they tried to give us the second key to the room and were unsucessfull). There are no slippers at room, you should ask them at reception (are you kidding?! It's Marriot!!!!). Thte system of rooms are very inconvinient (we had to go to our room about 5 minutes through the hall where every time were lots of people from other different busuiness conferences as our room was at other building - living and busuiness conferences should be separate!!!!)

The placement and breakfast were really good

• Deluxe Room

Actually, I specifically selected a room with a bath and got one with only a shower. I was too tired from travel to ask for a change. I asked for 2 eggs, bacon and hash browns for breakfast, but only the eggs arrived -I wasn't charged so someone just misread the form. I had power failure in the night, which was fixed the following morning

I left a music player in the safe and the staff were very helpful in returning it to me. Restaurant was great, but very expensive - However, this is Zurich.

• Deluxe Room

People, people, people! They are a bunch of best hospitality professionals I have ever met. They are very very helpful and friendly. The have really made our stay in Zurich this time the most memorable one. Big thanks to Marriott Zurich.

• Deluxe Room

Sadly our room was located above the reception area where a Saturday night wedding was dancing away till at 1;00 am we called down asking the volume to be turned down the bass was booming at 2:00 am and was told it should be ending. 2’15 bliss silence I was NOT happy

The. Staff the room comfort

• Deluxe Room

If I hadn't had my sister there to show me where the main streets for shopping and eating were, I may have had a hard time finding it. The room service hamburgers were TERRIBLE!

The breakfast buffet was pretty pricey for what was offered.

• Deluxe Room

Everything. The smell of smoking has filled the room. The room was not that clean. Room service is very poor. Staff are completely unfriendly. The receptionists are rude, do respond to customers requests, and completely unhelpful. This hotel might be the worst 5-star hotel in Zurich.

Nothing. The hotel is horrible. I do not recommend anyone to go to it

No complaints.

We were travelling for work in Zurich but had our 2 kids with us to start a holiday afterwards. The Marriott was excellent for mixing work and pleasure. Location was very handy. Great breakfast for Europe!

None.

Location and the excellent guest services. I would like to thank the staff, especially Andrea helping me to find my diamond ring which I forgot in the room. I called the hotel at night close to the airport and Andrea answered my phone. Two days later, when I was at the Interlaken and was trilled to received her and the manager's call. They both told me that the ring was found. Two weeks later, I came back to NY and the ring was already safely sent to my home. Thank you very much.

• Junior Club Suite with Club Lounge Access

Cooked breakfast was de minimus. Did not have complimentary parking even for guests!

Spacious rooms and they informed in advance on suitability for my teenage daughter; very helpful. Staff were really nice and helpful. Clean place and not crowded location in spite of being 700m from Bahnhoff. Lovely view of the rivers in front - ask for front facing rooms!

• Deluxe Room

Obvious focus on middle-east large group of clients so the individual client feels like it comes after Poor management of the drop-off area, stuffed with lines of black limos (see point number 1) Aircon not really working (no way to get heat)

Practicality / location / underground car park Great Thai restaurant

• Deluxe Room

No variety of food at the breakfast buffet. The same dishes are prepared daily. The rate is slightly overpriced.

The hotel's location was excellent. 10 minutes away from the shopping center. The room size is comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room

I didn't like anything just wanted to pass my time there as they have taken my money by not clearing any thing on extras.

extra bed not comfortable..the guests cheated by the hotel while taking off your money as advance, then they tell you different stories like for any thing else you need pay pay pay extra extra extra ..they should be clean ..they should inform before charging your card or money.

• Deluxe Room

Room was not cleaned properly on two occasions and on the second occasion we lodged a formal complaint. We had to sleep for a night in a filthy room which was a shock. We demanded refund for one night which was given after some deliberations.

Good location and nice pleasent staff Well informed and guided us to many places Always a good breakfast experience thanks to the warm welcome and timely service

The staff were ot very welcoming, no smile although few of the had smily face badges on their uniforms. They blocked 401 francs from my credit card 3 days prior to arrival (reservation costs 577 for 2 rooms one night). We emailed the property through Booking.com to check why did they book this amount from the card when the reservation should be free cancellation. They said we can unblock the amount from your card when u arrive here if h wish to guarantee the booking by cash, but that of course would take a long time for the money to be released and it put me in a bad situation with my card. The reception staff we not understanding and didn't apologize for the inconvenience but we asked for a complimentary upgrade and they finally did give us. The rooms are not spacious, the pictures look better than the reality. The toilet was separated from the shower in the grand superior room. Two different places

The view from the grand superior room

Browse Zurich Marriott Hotel traveller photo gallery