Reviews of Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel 4 stars

Stampfenbachstraße 60, Unterstrass, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland

#82 of 121 hotels in Zürich

A really pleasant stay.
    • Superior King Room

We have stayed at the hotel one night. The reception staff was very friendly. Our superior king room was nice, big and had all the facilities one could need during the journey. And the bed was extra comfy!!! We have got a bottle of mineral water at the evening of our arrival. The breakfast was diverse and delicious. The hotel is located not far from the main train station.

Excellent!
    • Standard Single Room

The staff is friendly, multi lingual, and very helpful with tips and suggestions. Our quick stay in Zurich became a 24 hour highlight of this trip. The breakfast was exceptional, and we plan to return for a longer stay in Zurich in the future. My dog was provided with a bag if doggie treats upon arrival! Spectacular! Excellent access and location near train station.

The room is very clean, wardrobes has no dust and breakfast...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Although furnitures seems very new but the building is looked old model

The room is very clean, wardrobes has no dust and breakfast is excellent. The staff are very kind and helpfull

Disappointed
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The room. I expected this hotel to be like my imagined Swiss hotels, up to date and well maintained. It is not a good value for money compared to the other chain Accor hotels worldwide or other similarly priced hotels that I have stayed in Switzerland.

It was an old hotel in a good location ( walking distance from the railway station ) but badly needs refurbishment. It must have seen more glorious days in the past. I stayed in Room 434, the carpets were worn out, the curtains were torn and tattered at the edges. The bed needs a new valence and the room was generally dull and sad. The breakfast compensates for the room and the staff were polite and very cordial.

Only a transit stop but a pleasant experience
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Location is the reason we booked it as it is close to Zurich hbf. Yes it is expensive but so is Switzerland. Room was quiet and a good size. Check in and out was good. Only stayed the one night.

We loved Zurich, we loved the location of the hotel and the staff.
    • Special Offer - 2 x Single Rooms

This issue is really with booking.com not the hotel. I booked my room April 23, 2018 for a one night stay on June 8 to June 9, 2018. When I arrived and went to check in showed them my confirmation paperwork where it said 1 room for one night, 2 people. The hotel said that I had booked 2 single rooms. I showed the confirmation again and they said that I had to fix the problem through booking.com since that is the search engine I booked with. Booking.com was useless, this was the second booking I had with them that they messed up. We were up since 2:30 am traveling so all we wanted was to have the problem resolved. We are a married couple and obviously did not want or need two single rooms. Booking.com said that the rate now was double what I had paid and there was noting they could do. I repeated, that my confirmation clearly stated that I had one room, for one night for 2 people. I hung up with booking.com and the hotel was gracious enough to help us out since I had no success with Booking.com. The let us pay the $214 original charge plus a 30 euro charge for the upgrade. We were so tired and only had one day in Zurich so we paid and took the king room. The few issues we had were the room was old, the carpet stained but the location was perfect and the staff was amazing.

The location of the hotel was perfect for a quick trip to Zurich. It is walking distance to the main train station as well as walking distance to downtown. The staff was wonderful and very accommodation with our very difficult situation. They saw that Booking.com was not helping us out so they did the right customer service act and took care of the problem.

Handy location to train station and old town.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

It was hot so air con on and was loud with no obvious option to turn it off. Expensive but so is all of Zürich

Handy location to train station and old town. Nice beds and pillows. Orange juice fresh squeezed at breakfast

A Good Hotel, just minutes from the Hauptbahnhof
    • Superior King Room

Bathroom Door lock was broken. We did not get a late checkout, even though we were willing to pay for it. Reason given - Hotel overbooked.

The bed was very comfy. Room was large for European Standards. Staff was very helpful and courteous.

The staff were very Professional, helpful and friendly
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The slippers, sewing repair kit and complimentary toiletries, together with the tea/coffee and water in the room every night was very appreciated.

Great location.. Very nice comfortable and clean rooms.. Don't expect big spacious room & bathroom.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Room was quite small in size... Though it was quite comfortable. Bathrooms were too small.. Clean and very functional as such.

Bed was very comfortable.. Reception staff very cooperative and helpful

Excellent 3 night stay. Wonderful location. Recommend to everyone
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The AC wasnt cool enough.

The staff was excellent. Nina checked us in she was very helpful. She answered all our questions with a smile. The room was very quiet, the size was adequate withample room for 2 large suitcases and 2 small carry ons. The room was clean. Breakfast was excellent with good variety: meats, eggs, fish, fruits, bread. You could make OJ fresh. The hotel was close to the train station and a lot of attractions.

Good location. Very Friendly staff and efficient service.
    • Superior King Room

The TV was mounted on a wall and was placed at a weird angle to the bed which made it difficult to get around even specially with a crib in our room. Would have preferred it if there was a Bath tub instead of a shower area - but that’s because we had a small child with us.

Great location. Very quick service.

Staff was extremely friendly and nice.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Sofitel itself is a brand and considered luxury hotel brand (Accor Hotel). It is Hotel Continental taken over by Accor Hotel (change the brand name) but actually it felt totally operated by Continental hotel. The room were extremely small and didnt expect for such an amount charged. Food options very limited and the location though in center but felt totally secluded. The building seemed pretty old and didnt meet Sofitel exepectations. I would have been more satisfied in Mercure or similar brand from Accor or would have got a better upgraded room in a 3 star than to stay at Hotel Continental. The only plus was the staff and their ever smiling faces.

Staff was extremely friendly and nice.

Had to stay there for work but would not go back.
    • Superior King Room

The décor of the room was old fashioned and had the fake Swiss chalet look. Ugh! The bed was old and dipped in the middle.

The bathroom was quite nice and very functional. The rest of the facilities were oldfashioned and shabby. The price of the room was almost 3 times the regular cost due to "Baselworld". For the price I would have expected a much newer facility. I would not stay there again as either a business traveler or tourist.

Excellent hotel

Nil

Excellent hotel staff and great amenities made for a pleasant stay. Fresh apple juice placed at hotel lobby daily is a nice touch. Guest should remember to stop and get some daily.

Wonderful
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

One thing it didn’t have was a spa or gym facility, which would have been a bonus!

Great location with underground parking. Lovely and attentive staff, wonderful breakfast and overall a pleasant experience.

Pleasant stay
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

More vegetables for breakfast?

Small room but sufficient enough. Nice breakfast and good staff service. Very close to the train station and very quiet neighbourhood.

Comfortable and value for money
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The restaurant could improve the quality of the food

Facilities were as expected, staff were excellent. This hotel followed the principle of ensuring that guests are well catered for.

well located with vintage interiors
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

we had to use two elevators to get to our floor. air con was bit off, not warm enough

the room was spacious, and there were wine and swiss jiuce for guests to enjoy for free at the lobby.

New years eve, convenient
    • Special Offer - 2 x Single Rooms

We booked on booking.com a room with 2 single beds, but the hotel claimed it was a reservation for 2 single rooms. The beds were strange. There was a sort of topper on the matras, but it was more like a blanket. The topper was much smaller than the matras, so you were laying only half on the topper and half on the matras. Too warm in the room, the temperaturen did not drop eventhough we changed it.

Location was convenient We were able to change te rooms Friendly staff

The location is amazing, very close to the center and tobthe...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Room overlooking an internal courtyard, not so big, with offices on the other side, which made it a bit uncomfortable, we had to shut the blinds all the time during our stay to feel more private.

The location is amazing, very close to the center and tobthe main station. Friendly staff, clean rooms and good breakfast.

Overpriced more then 2 times!
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

is out of standart the construction of the hotel , extensions are made very bed , materials are outdated and very much used ,functionality is very poor! windows can not open! No balkonies at all in all building!

Very pleasant; would stay again.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that there were no spa/pool facilities. You sort of expect that from a hotel that costs hat it does and has such high ratings but it wasn’t a huge issue.

The room was lovely, the staff were very hospitable, and the shower was gorgeous. Loved the rainfall head. I also liked the fact we could get some extra different style pillows for no cost and the complimentary apple juice and mulled wine in the foyer was a lovely little bonus.

OK hotel but should be better
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Space was small and the air conditioning thing was too blowy and uncomfortable

Bed had some cover on mattress that wasn't uniform- also carpet was uneven and bumpy and average look (worn) but clean.

Great stay! Very accessible.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Welcome drink (Apple juice and ghluwein), apples and chocolates was nice. Near Zurich train station and tram station. Easy transport to old town and opera house.

The location is very good.
    • Standard Single Room

Facilities are little bit old. And room is smaller than expected but it was okay for single traveller.

The location is very good. Walk distance to the train station, old town centre and many nice restaurants.

Walking distance to town and has a tram stop in front of the...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The lighting inside the room was so bad, and the hotel room is a little old looking.

Walking distance to town and has a tram stop in front of the hotel. Really comfortable bed.

Excellent and varied breakfast.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Excellent and varied breakfast. Very clean and comfortable room. Hotel is very well located, near the main station and old town. Very friendly staff. We would definitely return here.

Make sure you book in a refurbished room
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

This hotel is far from the Swiss standard, old fashion and in urgent need of modernisation. We were initially given an old room so old and smelly we thought it was a joke. Luckily they had a refurbished room available for us to move and it was much better.

This hotel is at walking distance from the train station and easy to visit the city. The staff is very friendly and helpful

Problems with a bottle of water
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I had real problems with a bottle of water they left for guests in the room. I had drank water and put some flowers in the bottle. A guy from reception desk was very Angry on me cuz I used the bottle in an appropriate way. As I understood they just refil it with water for other guests. He took it away from me and returned it to the room... hopefully they sanitize the bottles before refilling them..

A god location and also nice common areas.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The reception, the bar and the breakfast

lot of troubles with the bathroom. Leakages with the sink. Blocked drainage for the shower. Dirty carpet. The room needs upgrading

Most amazing staff at this hotel. I travel a lot but they were exceptional

N/a

This hotel is in an excellent location as walking distance to the old town, the shops and station/ tram stops. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and so much choice. However the most incredible thing about this hotel is their staff, they were courteous, thoughtful and helpful. It was my birthday while I was staying there and after my friends had sung me happy birthday at breakfast, a waiter came over to also wish me happy birthday and brought me a beautiful presented piece of cake! Also, on the last night, one of the women in my party ( I was with a choir on an exchange) had a terrible accident and ended up with broken bones in hospital. Anyway, the Hotel helped me by liaising with the airline and hospital and in ensuring I had access to her room so I could check her out and get her things to her. Derry, in particular deserves a special mention.

Fancy deal in the heart of Zurich

Nothing in particular

Localization is great, in a street with lots of restaurants and cafes and only a few blocks away from Zurich's Old Town. Staff is really friendly and the rooms are quite well equipped. Hotel is nice and fancy, with a cool lobby.

Breakfast was ok.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

No antislip mat in bathtub. The room safe was not working in the room where we stayed for 1 night after returning from Italy.

Breakfast was ok. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Hotel was helpful in keeping our extra bag while we went off to Italy.

Very good quality hotel.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

It cannot control properly the temperature of the room as per our expectation. It was too cold to us. If central heater is not sufficient, please provide an external heater to the room.

I got the return for the money I spent.

The location 5 minutes from the train station , and the guys...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The location 5 minutes from the train station , and the guys in the reception all helpfull and smile all the time Room was clean and tidy and so quite and alot of resturants around the hotel also Hauptbahnhoof steet too close

Excellent. We stay there again on our next trip to Zuerich.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Excellent service (all staff). Hotel is walking distance to the city and train station in a quiet position. Large and comfortable room. Nearest tram only ca. 5 minutes walking distance away..

Very nice
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Bedroom and bathroom we had were too small and looked tired.

Proximity to the railway station. Staff very helpful and the bat area was quiet and comfortable.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Continental Hotel. The location of hotel is great.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Carpet was not in good shape. A four-star rated hotel should have better carpets in the rooms. There were a lot of stains on the carpet. Even wearing slippers; one would not like to walk on the carpet.

The bed, and separate shower and toilet.

This is the third time we chose this Hotel.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Disappointed with the cleanliness of room, especially the bathroom.

This is the third time we chose this Hotel. It offers comfortable king-size bed, nice breakfast with variety choices of food, and very helpful of front desk staff.

Enjoyable, breakfast not value for money very expensive
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Carpets very stained, bar always unattended you had to track down staff to get a drink at night, then they served you one drink and disappeared.

Very cosy comfortable rooms. Nice relaxing sitting rooms in bar and second floor

lost it's sparkle
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

At check in the room was not ready, the bathroom mould on the bath/window frame was lack of cleaning and was quite off putting. We have stayed over the years several times but it does need an injection of decoration in certain places

The room size was good and bed comfortable. The location is very good

The Best part of this hotel were the staff at the front desk.

The Best part of this hotel were the staff at the front desk.. All of them throughout the day. Whether it was help with the luggage or when we needed an electrical adaptor it was brought up personally to the room.

good breakfast, professional stuff
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

the whole hotel needs a renovation, damaged room doors and furniture, stains on elevator walls. the room wasn't clean, there were footprints on the walls and dirty carpet. i won't go there again and will not recommend it to my friends.

good breakfast, professional stuff

Wonderful stay in Zurich, beautiful city, but not for shopping on Sunday, as they are closed.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The air condition was noisy... walking from station to the hotel was a little bit uphill and nothing much happening near the hotel, but it is quite near.

Hotel was quite near the Main Station in walking distance except if raining which was during my stay, it can be quite a hassle, and must bring umbrella. The bed was good and comfortable, except it is unusual to give 2 single size blankets instead of 1 double size. comfortable size except don't compare with photo, it appears bigger on the photo.

Excellent hotel close to main sights and transport.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Hotel is located in a quiet part of the City - sort of a office area with not much life, restaurants or attractions outside. These however can be accessed by a short walk.

Very comfortable room. Excellent breakfast and really good restaurant, albeit with limited menu. All staff friendly and helpful. Close to main station, amd tram. Walking distance to old town and main shopping area.

Nice hotel, good location & breakfast, friendly staff

Room on top floor (6th?) are not much fun without street view

centrally located close to Zurich HB train station, pretty good breakfast, well-appointed rooms, timely room service and friendly staff

room 100% as advertised, great full breakfast, great location to trainstation, excusion bus depot,
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

we had one blip with staff at dinner one evening. we were the only ones in the restaurant on a saturday night, mid evening. service a bit slow but comfortable. upon charging the bill to my credit card, i was prompted for a " tip" on the device. we previously ate there 2 nights earlier and no prompt. i just asked the server and stated my understanding that service was included in Switzerland, and I have references to show that. he insisted that was old rules and not current. I didn't appreciate the confrontation, may be misunderstanding between service charge and tip

Great hotel in Zurich
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Not many eateries around the hotel. Bathroom size is a bit small but sufficient for couples

The room is very good size for couples and bathrooms amenities are sufficient. The level of housekeeping is good. Clean room.

I dont recommend this hotel, its very dirty, dosent worth the money paid
    • Superior King Room

the bathrooms, the carpit havent changed since years, very bad and dirty, the room supplies were very poor, you have to ask about shampoo and shower gel every day to be provided for two people not for one

the staff help, and the internet service

We enjoyed our stay in Zurich and I love their trains. We can go to any part of Europe.

Cannot think of any.

Location was good. Staff are friendly n helpful. Relaxing walk to tramline stop and round the corner is the Hauptbahnhof (main train stn) most important to get to travel out the city of Zurich. From the hotel you can easily walk to old town. Beautiful country. Buy the tourist day pass, its value for money. Will visit and stay again at Hotel Continental Zurich.

Amazing staff, very average hotel
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

When we arrived it was still daylight - and it was immediately obvious why the photo of the outside of the hotel on their web site was taken at night. The inside of the hotel lobby and dining room feels tired. Our room was outdated and desperately in need of a refurbishment. I'm not talking period pieces, just outdated carpet, furniture and fittings. There were no bath robes and only one pair of slippers in a room booked for two. The cupboard (the lock was broken) was half in the room and half in the hall next to the bathroom. The TV was hanging from the wall in front of the bed where it was both an obstacle to getting to the other side of the bed and an opportunity to easily crack your head. The bathroom was very poorly-designed and had a cracked sink. We looked and looked but couldn't find an extractor fan (which may be why some of the timber near the window was rotten) and the water pressure was barely-adequate. The shower is in the bath, which is fine, except it is exceptionally dangerous to get out: a high step over and no hand rail to hold on to. Just a glass shelf. We were only in Zurich for two nights and didn't want to waste our only full day there changing hotels. This was the only reason we stayed a second night. That said, please see my comment about the staff. They were wonderful and deserve better.

The staff at this hotel were exceptional. They really get hospitality and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. A special shout-out to Anna (I hope that's the right spelling) for going out of her way - literally - to bring in some vegan products for our breakfast.

Comfortable and centrally located hotel

Nothing really

The room was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. The staff were very helpful and provided us with maps and suggestions of what you do

The staff were helpful and warm.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The hotel said they ran out of mobile adaptors and irons and therefore couldn't give us them! This was very annoying. After a lot of pestering we were eventually provided with them.

The staff were helpful and warm. The rooms were average too.

Convenient location, but no charm in the center of Zurich.
    • Standard Single Room

The location is not that good and the facade of the hotel was faded. It looked my better on the webpage and did by no means live up to its picture.

The breakfast was just outstanding. A great mixture of US breakfast and local fare. The wait staff who brought me to the table recognized my name the second day.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Decent hotel, close to public transport and good restaurants.
    • Superior King Room

Turn down servce only happened on day 1. Room Staff did not refill note paper , soap, etc.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast good but it was the exact same every day.

Good location and lovely room. Derry at reception excellent staff member very friendly
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Derry at reception was extremely helpful and although our room was not ready he manage to get it very quickly. He offered some ice cream and strawberry water. He made us feel comfortable and at home. Derry is an asset for your organization

Do not stay at this hotel!!!
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

My husband and I spent the last night of our honeymoon at this hotel. Upon checking in, we were told by the staff that we had been “upgraded”. However upon seeing the room it became abundantly clear that this was very much a downgrade and did not match the pictures or description listed on Booking.com. We demanded to be given the room we had booked and forgo the "upgrade" but were rudely told that the room we had booked had already been given away and that the hotel was full so no other room was available. The room we received was terrible. It had cigarette burns on the drapes, holes in the walls, dust on the headboard, and smelled like mold. The air-conditioner made terrible rattling noises and our view from the window was of a metal box. Lastly, we had to take two elevators to get to our floor. The second elevator was tiny and appeared to be a service elevator. We complained repeatedly to the staff, but they were completely unhelpful. First they sent us housekeeping with a spray bottle to help with the smell and recommended that we keep the window open even though it was raining outside. Then, when we complained again and demanded that we be moved, they showed us any even worse room, again stating that they were unable to give us the room we had booked and saying that all the others rooms were occupied. After that they completely blew us off saying they would look into the matter, see what they could do, etc. but never got back to us. The next morning when we checked out, they offered us fruit (not even breakfast!) as an apology. We told them that fruit was insufficient and that we were severely disappointed with our room and how we were treated, to which the front desk then replied saying that we had nothing to complain about because we had been given the correct room and shown another option. He then proceed to berate us! I have never been treated so poorly. This hotel is an embarrassment to zurich.

There was nothing positive. This hotel was horrible and deserves to be shut down. We have contacted Booking.com and Sofitel headquarters and have filed formal complaints outlining our experience at this abysmal hotel.

Convenient central corporate hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Free ice cream offered was so small - a bit of a joke. Overall, a little impersonal/corporate for my taste, however it was impeccable in terms of quality, cleanliness and quietness.

Good size room, conveniently close to station and old town.

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Very comfortable beds. We had a quiet night's sleep and an excellent breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. Conveniently located near the main train station and a short walk to the old town and river. It was a very pleasant stay.

Terrible hotel Zurich

Prison type claustrophobic rooms. Tardy furniture. Dirty walls. Terrible staff and very rude. Staff cannot differentiate between hotel residents and visitors. Bathrooms are extremely tiny.

Comfortable with a great breakfast!
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Doesn't have much of a view.

Wonderful hotel with accommodating staff, comfortable rooms, and a wonderful breakfast. Convenient location to the train station and has air conditioning!

Easy access, Friendly staff
    • Standard Single Room

The reception staff were super friendly and helpful. Managed to injure myself during a music festival and staff were happy to help with an ice bucket at 3 in the morning

Great location, excellent service and the food and beverage manager was outstanding
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Just be careful of the " rogue" taxi drivers outside the central railway station who were less than helpful and I'm being very polite with that description

All staff were excellent coupled with a fantastic location the hotel was the perfect place to stay

Great staff
    • Superior King Room

The air conditioning in our room couldn't cool the room properly so we were too hot. The bed had winter weight bedding!

Wonderful friendly staff, especially in the dining room. Great food and lovely breakfasts.

A comfortable and friendly place to hoose for a city tour in Zürich. So close to the train station
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

May be the outdoor areas could be upgradet and made more welcoming and comfortable.

Very friendly and efficient staff at the reception and very discrete housekeeping staff. We enjoyed the attention of the hotel staff and will keep this hotel in. Ind at our next trip to Zürich.

Great time in Zurich, book some tours and see Switzerland
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The staff were excellent so helpful, polite and wanted to ensure we knew where the good restaurants were. They also helped us out with an adapter, we had the wrong one.

The property was good, clean, quite and so comfortable i...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The property was good, clean, quite and so comfortable i enjoyed my stay and the staffs were so friendly and helpful and if i still have to go to Zurich for holiday i am going to use the same property

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Not worth 4 star nor the Mgallery brand
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Building from the 70s without any charm. Decoration from the 90s. Absolutely not worth the "luxury" Mgallery label (been in other Mgallery hotels, totally different). This hotel looks like a Sofitel from the 70s that they didn't refurbished. Although the location is good because the station is near, it is in a noisy street without interest. This was a 4 star hotel maybe in the 90s but definitely isn't worth it now.

Can go walking to the station

Booking problems resolved by excellent staff
    • Special Offer - 2 x Single Rooms

It wasn't clear that we were booking two single rooms on the site– we thought we were booking a room with two twin beds. Being a married couple, we found this unacceptable. But as noted above, the onsite staff did a terrific job of fixing this problem.

The service from the staff. When our booking got messed up, he went above and beyond to fix the problem.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

An excellent comfortable stay in the heart of Zurich. Great service from the staff.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I am sure the staff will correct this in room 510. The sink could not discharge water so we had to keep manually releasing the catch below so it would not overflow. We raised this to the reception staff on late Sat evening. The toilet outside the bath area (entrance to toilet) gets flooded with water - I believe there might be a leak from the bath to the entrance which is quite a distance. Thus, floor gets slippery which can cause accidents.

The bed and room was very comfortable. There was a good selection of food at the dining room for the buffet breakfast. The staff at the check-in and restaurant were very attentive - excellent service!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

A home away from home..

Nothing .. Really

Breakfast selection was good.. Taste is excellent.. We even have the choice of "freshly prepared omelette, fried egg etc" Bed was super comfy. Shower water pressure was excellent. I stayed here for 35nights 1 wk prior to this stay. Location is not in centre of the hustle bustle of city centre.. but close enough with city centre.. Easy access by walking or tram. Tram 11 which runs in front of hotel goes along main shopping street & through Bellevue.. The staff.. I could only mention a few.. Marcello, Nicoletta, Alexander.. were superb..

Spacious room, very friendly staff
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Our room was very spacious, nice bathroom, modern design, staff very friendly and helpful. The location is great, you're in the old town of Zurich within 10 minutes (walking).

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

my happy trip to Zurich
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The hotel is quite good for business trip, but lacking entertainment, so quite which is fine for business. The breakfast can be more variable, it was very limited and poor

The location is nearby all attractions,very close to metro and bus stops, and staff are very friendly and helpful especially the Pakistani guy, and the lady in breakfast venue

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Clean but that's about it
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The hotel name has "Sofitel" in it and that's misguiding sincs this property is definitely not upto Sofitel standards. The furniture and fixtures are old. They charge you for parking, whereas no other hotel on our road trip did. The breakfast spread is sub standard, not at all worth it.

Location is ok. Room is clean.

Browse Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel traveller photo gallery