View vacation packages to

3. Metropolitan Region hotel reviews
  4. Santiago hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of RQ Santiago

Reviews of RQ Santiago

Alameda Bernardo O'Higgins, 1449 of 11 - Torre 2, Downtown Santiago, 8320148 Santiago, Chile

#104 of 266 hotels in Santiago

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

Breakfast OKAY.

Everything was great......

Breakfast OKAY. Room and staff excellent. Close to a underground food court for example, SUBWAY Sandwiches Staff set-up tours.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

Great location with super comfortable bed.

The lighting could be a bit better, as it was quite dark at night in the room. Some complimentary tea bags and coffee with milk would have been appreciated in the room.

I was blown away when I opened the door to my room. Really roomy kitchen, that you could feel at home in and much larger than I expected. The bed was super comfortable and the staff were super friendly and all spoke really good English. The breakfast was also great too.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

Good location and fair for what you pay

One day I added the sign not to be disturbed but I had next to my door for more than 30’ the cleaning staff complaining that I wasn't leaving my room and wondering which would be the reason behind it. Once they finished criticising me they moved on to criticise the hotel and other staff members right there very loudly which didn’t let me rest as I planned. Being so close to the breakfast area created some difficulties to sleep some nights as some other people were using the common area and the room doesn’t have good WiFi signal all the time

Views are very good and even if an earthquake happens (which was my experience) only felt the temblor. Very safe building. Very close to the underground and location cannot be better

• Reviewed: March 28, 2019

I want to commend reception clerk Luis.. he was our savior during our stay. Luis spoke English well!
    • Double Apartment

Hotel should have electrical adapters for guests who may have to charge their phones or use other personal devices which do not have plugs for 220V. Reception staff could perhaps learn some English.

Centrally located in Santiago. Breakfast was good. Safe in the hotel.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

Central to the city just 500 meters away from metro.
    • Single Apartment

Make it possible for early arriving passengers to get into their room earlier instead of restricted to 15:00 hours.

Central to the city just 500 meters away from metro. Good breakfast and clean room with a beautiful view over the city. Easy to take the bus transfer from the airport to Los Heroes bus station. Then it’s just 10 minutes walk to the hotel. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Good value for a short stay but shower / bath issues need to be considered before booking.
    • Twin Apartment

Bathroom - ceiling over shower too low for anyone over 6 feet tall. No plugs in bath (half-sized) & sink. Not suitable for people with mobility issues as the shower is in the bath & difficult to get in out. Area was 'dead' as it was a weekend stay and everywhere close was closed as the government offices were classed. Had to travel 1.5 miles for decent restaurants passed St Lucia park.

Breakfast good. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

Rq Central has a very good location, clean and a beautiful...
    • Double Apartment

I don't have anything to say about RQ Santiago because I've had a problem with my booking and they transferred us to RQ Central that was good. I've had a little problem at the first day with the air conditioner but It was solved changing my room.

Rq Central has a very good location, clean and a beautiful sunset.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Excelent
    • Double Apartment

The staff was really helpful, friendly, atencious and quick to give my room. So, I didn’t stay long at the reception. The place was really clean, comfortable and I had a really good night, slept well. Woke up and opened the windows with a very nice view too. Excellent. Breakfast was good and I have nothing to complain about this hotel. Thank you RQ!

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Clean, comes with kitchen but we didn’t need or want that.

Lighting was very low in the bathroom. Swimming pool is really shallow 3 ft? More of a cooling pool; only in Jan. Feb. and March. Not heated. But nice roof top location.

Clean, comes with kitchen but we didn’t need or want that. Not far from Plaza Armas, but area had few restaurants. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Good location , value of money
    • Double Apartment

Breakfast has some room for improvement.

Comfy beds, good location to be right in the city center, although for max pleasure rather go to Bairro San Cristoban or Santa Lucia, there you gonna find better quality restaurant etc. The city center rather have it as HUB start point.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

I would not stay here again
    • Twin Apartment

The bath tub/shower was extremely slippery---------needed to put a towel on the floor of the tub to avoid slipping. Housekeeping staff( 4/5) was always outside our door carrying on loud discussions ---------very disturbing There were no restaurants in the immediate area Beds were very soft and sagging

basic kitchen was a plus

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

I would never again stay at this hotel...................

As a hotel owner in Europe and in Brazil, I have never in my life been treated like the so called manager and "head" receptionist treated me and my partner when I went down to reception after the breakfast staff refused 15 minutes before "closing time " to let us have any milk.. I went down to reception to compain and ask them to rectify this and the receptionist called and said that they would do it..I went back up to the breakfast room and nothing was done..The receptionist came up and I went down again to talk to the manager. This is where the non respect for customers begins,The manager refused to speak to me either in his room ( if he has one ) so it all had to be done at the reception.. I was told I was a liar, that they tge staff were telling the truth, that I had touched the receptionist ( false) and I have the video on my cell phone to prove not only the way I was treated but how they - the staff - had a complete an utter disrespect for the customer..... Irrespective of the fact that the door of the room had to be left open to get any internet signal strength, which went off at least ten times during the day - and many other things, they have no idea of communication, customer relationship and making a customer happy...I had to insist to get an invoice at the end of the stay and also insist that they put " paid" on the invoice.....NEVER AGAIN

NOTHING.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Excellent conclusion to a South American cruise.
    • Twin Apartment

Room could use better lighting.

Breakfast only starts at 7 but light breakfast provided in in-room refrigerator. Staff very helpful when pre-booked airport transfer failed to arrive.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Great location for the value
    • Single Apartment

Advertised as a boutique hotel. Although it was a small business felt very sterile Checked into a room next to another room with renovations, logistics could have been better sorted.

Rooms were clean and breakfast was buffet with many choices Location was excellent. Close proximity to the attractions. Short walk to a metro station Supermarket and starbucks coffee at ground floor

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Terrible location, bed was very uncomfortable.

again nothing.

nothing , start from customer service to client was terrible, most of the people did not speak english, room was very small, like a mote and not a hotel, bed uncomfortable, bath very small.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Decent apartment and a decent price. Let down by the pool being closed.
    • Double Apartment

Pool was closed (out of season) which was one of the reasons we booked this. This was not made clear at the booking so this was disappointing. We still used the roof to sunbathe but the floor was very dirty and needed cleaning. We were also extremely disappointed in the taxi firm they used to transfer us to the airport after our stay. It was running over 30 minutes late and it took the reception to contact them to find this out. We had no choice but to take an emergency taxi. We luckily managed to get the flight but we were too late to check in our baggage because of this delay. We ended up having to pay an extra $80 dollars to check in our baggage and including the extra taxi fare this has cost us $100 dollars in total. The hotel need to review the firms they use for this.

Breakfast was fine, nothing special but perfectly decent. Room good size, own kitchenette. Bathroom was fine. Apartment was clean. Good views over the city.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The view of the room was amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower has a very low height, making difficult toT shower.

The view of the room was amazing. The kitchen was really good too. The room was really clean and the towels and sheets were change very often. The receptionists and room maids were really helpful and respectful.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Great hotel with self-catering option
    • Double Apartment

This was the third time we stayed here. The location is very central, close to La Moneda metro station and only 5 minutes walk to Los Heroes for the Centropuerto airport bus (1800 pesos). Very comfortable rooms on floors 19-22 of an office building, with mini-kitchen (choice of 2 full supermarkets within 50 meters).

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Nice hotel suite for short stay.
    • Triple Apartment

The breakfeast buffet could be better, allthough it wasn't bad. The pool is knee high and very small, not sure i would call it a pool.

Close to centrum, nice rooms, clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

It wasn’t nice at all

The view is oky

The owner is a thief and I will never again stay in this hotel. He changed my rate during my stay and tried to over charge my credit card.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

I was supposed to pay $511 instead they over charged my credit card 528.00 with no explanation
    • Double or Twin Room

My advise to all the guests that are going to stay in this property is to be very careful NOT, when they use their credit card with this hotel They are thrives, so they will charge you what ever dollar amount that they want to charge. Good luck fighting with them.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

A friendly hotel in centre of Santiago.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nowhere to hang any clothes. The small cupboard just had shelves.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The kitchenette was useful.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

first stay for a week nice but 2nd stay had some issues with room so not so comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed a week in apt Quite nice- comfortable Returned for 2 nights in a room- It was noisy, small and thought there was a microwave.Very tired after Atacama. Wished we had a better more comfortable room to relax in. Thought I had booked an apt. The price for the apt was great but for the room not so great. The pool was dirty. Not able to use. Breakfast was satisfactory but not always ready on time. People waiting in line for things to be set up. Not even coffee set up No coffee pot in apartment Suggestion: Coffee and tea set up earlier ( like 5-6 am) for those who have tours that leave before breakfast maybe even cereal or such!

Ok breakfast but too late for tour days. Not even coffee set up. Bed was cozy. Shower was hot. Ample room in apt. but crowded in regular room Staff friendly and helpful Even the ones who spoke only Spanish

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Good week but wished the pool was ready to use and access to coffee and tea thru out the day
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty pool the whole week. No coffee or tea for early tours who left before breakfast time.No coffee pot in apartment room No supplies to clean up with if you use the kitchenette

First visit Nice breakfast Very efficient staff Helpful and quick

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good, central location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some noise coming from the breakfast area in the morning

Good, central location. Nice room and bathroom. More than adequate breakfast, wifi ok, outstanding view from the room

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

A great hotel that met our needs in a very large and busy city?
    • Triple Apartment

Friendly and helpful reception staff, Garvon. Breakfast staff were on thee ball in the replenishment of foods as needed. Helpful advice and the organisation of a taxi for the airport.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

What we Expect for moderately priced Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Spanish speaking South America. So it is important to have a translator app on your phone. We found that booking English speaking tours were often in Spanish only. Showers over bath was almost dangerous, slippery base and high sides to get in and out.

Breakfast was standard for hotels we stayed at. Adequate to start the day for our needs

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

A comfortable place to relax after busy days around Santiago.
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit of clearer explanation about which entrance to use and which to avoid, we got scolded in Spanish by an unpleasant man because we walked in the wrong doorway.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, they were able to answer a fairly wide range of questions that we had about the city and getting around places. The breakfast is plentiful and runs long enough that you don't have to get up early to get some food.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

2 Days Stopover
    • Double Apartment

We kindly ask for a early check in after our 15 hours overseas trip and Jetlag.( I already did it via mail and at the reception 10:30 am when we arrived) Of course they could not promise but we got back after the first sightseeing tour at 2:30 pm we could not have the room at least one minute before 3 pm ( official check - in) This was no service at all and very disappointing! Breakfast is not really good, rooms are clean but the carpet is very old with a lot of spot on it. Bathroom very small and dark and the AC did not work well.

It is very easy to get to the hotel via public transport from the airport to the hotel. ( approx. 2,50€). Very central located and walking distance to everything you need to see for sightseeing. Furthermore I have lost my favorite scarf at the hotel lobby and I have got it back the other day. Very thankful!

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

They charged a penalty for “no show”, ironically I stayed at...

They charged a penalty for “no show”, ironically I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Ok for some nights...
    • Single Apartment

I had to pay the Fee even i m from germany but i have also the chilean nacionality. In other hotels i had not to pay it.

The breakfast was good. The room was pretty big and the Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Do not stay Here
    • Double or Twin Room

A little customer service would be nice. Along with some truth in advertising.

This is a big Corp that has the top floors of an office building that they chopped up into little boxes with a bed. Bare minimum -everything. WiFi is a joke, we had better on remote South Pacific islands. Just enough to be able to claim they have it but no real investment (took 5 min to upload a 2M pic). The pool is a wading pond on the roof among all the HVAC equipment that is accessible through a dank fire escape - again the min just to be able to say they have one. BTW it does not open until Dec 1st - they forgot to mention that. Check in at 3:00 not 2:58. Three couples had to set like school children waiting the clock until 3:00 exactly before we could check-in. There was an older English couple that had traveled all night that had to wait until 3:00 no C.S Please do not support this flim flam Cooperation. There are many "real" hotel in the area.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Had we been able to stay in our initially allocated room then we would rate facilities 9 or 10.
    • Triple Apartment

When our room door would not lock, we were moved to another room which was inadequate for our needs and did not meet the standard of our first room.

On an international comparison, breakfast choice was minimal.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

We loved it! Nice breakfast and they stored our luggage all day for free.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet paper roll was squished up against the cabinet under the sink, so it was hard to get the paper off. Otherwise the room was nice.

The people were super friendly and helpful. The bedspread was very heavy and with 2 blankets, it was hard to sleep underneath them, so we ended up moving them off the bed. It was still warm enough. The breakfast lady was cheerful and sweet and we enjoyed our 1 night stay.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Rubbish! Stay away
    • Single Apartment

They accused me of lying when I said the reception guy had booked me in for two nights instead of one. They charged me nearly double for my second night. They were extremely rude. I would not advise anyone come here.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2019

Great stay
    • Triple Apartment

Not coffee , purified water or tea available in the night.

Apartment was very clean , quiet and with a nice view.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Staff is very friendly

Staff is very friendly

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Buen servicio y buena relación calidad-precio.
    • Twin Apartment

Buen servicio y buena relación calidad-precio.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

View, location and breakfast

Toilets need an adgrade

View, location and breakfast

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Good central hotel at a good price
    • Twin Apartment

Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Good breakfast and a central location.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Location & Value

Location & Value

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

The shower/tub was very small and VERY slippery.
    • Double Apartment

The shower/tub was very small and VERY slippery. Had to hold on to the safety rail during the entire shower.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

good location, good view, good staff
    • Double Apartment

Dangerous shower, air conditioner in your face

good location, good view, good staff

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

fantastic except for one issue.
    • Single Apartment

Internet wifi networks would disappear w/o notice.

Wanted to give it 100%, except for poor internet service.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Friendly staff, great location and amazing view!
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, great location and amazing view!

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Very nice and central hotel

Communal areas

Super location , very clean and decent breakfast! Overall recommended

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Was good

The wifi was bad, they need to improve the quality. Because is so bad

The room is amazing and the food

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Right next to the metro La Moneda and a supermarket!
    • Double or Twin Room

Right next to the metro La Moneda and a supermarket! Room was nice and clean and breakfast was fab!

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

The room is run down and the breakfast isn’t good
    • Double or Twin Room

The view, the people at the front desk

The room is run down and the breakfast isn’t good

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Convenient location - close to all must see attractions,...
    • Single Apartment

Convenient location - close to all must see attractions, public transport, shops, etc. Very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Nice choice

Not quite enough

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

-very clean -nice breakfast -friendly staff as always

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

All in all good. Supermarket handy as is lots of tourist sites in walking distance

Swimming pool filter noise in the room from 7.30 am

The two staff members. Monica and Gustaf were absolutely wonderful

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Travesseiros e cobertores

Travesseiros e cobertores

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

Large room.
    • Single Apartment

Very few staff member can speak even a basic English

Large room.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Very Good

The Front Desk Clerks are great. Specially Ronnie and Aracelli. Polite, eficient and helpfull

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Al valor especificado por Booking se le agrego el IVA.
    • Double Apartment

Al valor especificado por Booking se le agrego el IVA...cancelando un valor más alto, respecto al valor de Booking.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Cbd shuts down after 8 or 9pm.
    • Single Apartment

Cbd shuts down after 8 or 9pm. No where to eat nearby after then.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Perfect for short and longer visit
    • Double Apartment

delicious breakfast, luxurious room equipment, comfortable, big bed, clean bathroom, kitchen, table, chair nice view friendly staff

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Very clean, good breakfast, helpful staff all around
    • Double Apartment

The location is “not so great”. Always traffic around, not many places to have dinner around

Very clean, good breakfast, helpful staff all around

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Restaurant staff were great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant staff were great!

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Good location.
    • Single Apartment

Good location. Supermarket downstairs is great. And close to train station.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Good place to stay if you want to be close to all attractions in the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small room but this was not a problem.

Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast included.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Room with a view
    • Double Apartment

Very friendly receptionists, nice view from the room. Big comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2016

The location is great and is situated very near to the La...

The location is great and is situated very near to the La Moneda station. The apartment is smallish but very clean and has a good setup. The hotel is situated in a quiet and secure location and there is a supermarket about 100 metres away where you can buy food and any supplie you need. The staff were very helpful and though we do not speak much Spanish we found it easy to converse with everyone. The breakfast was great and starts at 0430 if you have an early flight. We will stay here again later in our return trip home to Australia.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2016

The room is small with limited storage but it is adequate...

The room is small with limited storage but it is adequate for a short time. Nice and clean. Plenty of hot water, large bath towels. Breakfast buffet had limited selection but was enough to satisfy. Location was near the most important sites. Good value.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2016

Great location in the Center with great city lookout from...

Great location in the Center with great city lookout from 21st floor suite. Very polite and helpful staff personnel providing me with pack breakfast for early weekend leave.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2016

Very nice view over the city, on the roof and in the room,...

Not cheap, the appartement is situated in a office tower complex. So late in the evening the gates were closed and you must ask the security for opening.

Very nice view over the city, on the roof and in the room, too. Very clean appartement with kitchen and all needful things.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2016

Great location near bus station (for easy, inexpensive...

Non English speaker at front desk.

Great location near bus station (for easy, inexpensive transfer from the airport) and a short walk away from restaurants and the main square. Nice rooftop pool with view over the city to the mountains.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2015

3.0
    1. At 07.

1. At 07.00 hrs we were awaked by the noise of the plates and cups of the breakfast. 2. We have paid for 5 days, while we stayed 3 days. Son estafadores! 3. Very bad experience with information given to us. 4. International telephone calls were not possible.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2015

Location is great, close to the plaza, close to the airport...

Location is great, close to the plaza, close to the airport bus station. Kitchen is small but everything is there. Apartment is small but conformable.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2015

The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and let us...

The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and let us store our luggage until we could check in. She also had a metro map and gave us directions to the nearest station.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2015

Location is fine, near metro and ?major street.

Pee stain in couch cushion. Rooms are noisy due to open air lobby for breakfast. TV was in odd location. Desk staff solely took money, no help for questions.

Location is fine, near metro and ?major street. The rooms are really small apartments. Near grocery store that was open most hours.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2015

Location and room

The Staff is of limited help and we tried to get back in our room to get our bags at 12:10 and the key would not work. The Staff reprimanded us for being late for check out by 10 minutes!!!!

Location and room

• Reviewed: March 22, 2015

Airco in the room did not work.

Airco in the room did not work. Moved to another (lousy) room, no comparison with the previous one, right next to the cafeteria, inconvenient location, of course! Access to the buildibg not obvious, signs not clear.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match