Reviews of Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport

NO.1 Konggang Jiudian Road, 510470 Guangzhou, China

#18 of 619 hotels in Guangzhou

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Everything we wanted from a transit hotel. Quiet, comfortable and hassle free.
    • Superior King Room

Huge comfortable bed, excellent shower and great service from the reception staff. We were in transit through terminal 2 at Guangzhou on China Southern Airlines and needed a comfortable bed close to the airport. The hotel provide an excellent courtesy bus service to and from the terminal and is very quiet despite being so close.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

There were no halal food hence I ended having only dinner,...
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

No halal food available and language problem as some of the staff doesn't understand english

There were no halal food hence I ended having only dinner, that is fish and chips for 2 nights and no breakfast. Iw anted to change by booking but the hotel refused to do so advising that I need to gob to booking. com to check even though I was already in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Relaxing
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

Can’t say I was disappointed with anything. Really worth the money. Sorry I didn’t bring my bathing suit-gorgeous pool.

Staff was lovely, accommodations clean, not dated, beds comfortable and breakfast options amazing. Perfect for a layover.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Very friendly, convenient and luxurious place to stay.
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

The information about the shuttle bus from the airport is non existent. The bus comes through without stopping before we could get to the stall for the bus, so it drove straight past us.

Excellent staff, comfortable rooms, spacious, clean, quiet. Because of the typhoon, we arrived at 7:00 am but without any bother, they checked us in before 2:00 pm. We were so thankful to have our room early. Thank you

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

great location, staff and rooms!!
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Having an early morning flight the location of the hotel was exceptional and extremely comfortable. The Staff were freindly and the rooms were spacious and ultra modern. highly recommend for an airport hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Room is OK, but bad service.
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

I booked Airport's shuttle bus and got confirmed directly from the hotel's staff prior to my arrival. At the time of arrival, no one picked us up at the Airport and had to get to the hotel on our own. During check-in, we booked 3 rooms but the staff said that they could find only 2 rooms for us. Instead, they tried to ask us to pay more for room upgrade.

Room is ok.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

High-end and super convenient for travel
    • Deluxe King Room with View

The business center left a lot to be desired. The layout is a bit odd and you often have to walk a long ways to get to your room. The quality of the restaurant food did not match the price.

Room was phenomenal, large and very comfortable. Some of the best hotel pillows I've ever had. Staff was very helpful and everyone had a good working level of English. Can walk to Terminal 1 or take a free shuttle that leaves every 20 minutes to Terminal 2.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Ok
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

There was no electric current on the tableside outlets. Toilet seat doesnt have the bidet Thr action resto food was ok but i wAs expecting more.

Rooms interior were nice. Staff was very courteous and attentive!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Will be Back
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

I’ve stayed here a couple of times now. It’s a short walk from the terminal so location is amazing. Rooms are big and sheets are great. They do a great foot massage in the spa and you can see your flight number on the monitor if you are waiting for your plane. Great hotel with a good gym and pool. I good place to retreat if your plane is delayed.

Confortable and very convenient
    • Superior Twin Room

It was very convenient for a 1 night stay to catch an early morning flight to Singapore. The shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes from airport and hotel and was a great service.

Large, clean luxurious and a quick, free transfer to the...
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Large, clean luxurious and a quick, free transfer to the airport. Flight info in the lobby and the rooms in the tv channels. Good buffet for breakfast and dinner. Friendly attentive staff

Great hotel
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Everything was just perfect! I was picked up at the arrival gate by hotel staff, check in was quick, room was super clean and for me, cause it was business trip, most important thing was internet connection which was great! Too bad I only stayed here for one night

Bad attitude from reception, charging without money.
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

- I booked 4 rooms with king-size bed, but when I check in at the reception, the staff tried to convinced me to change from 4 rooms to 2 rooms, because it is bigger for 4 people? He also tried to convince me to buy the breakfast, even I insisted on saying no. Finally he stopped convincing, and have to give me 4 rooms. However, they are all smoking rooms, when I told him that I want non-smoking room, he just smiled and say that the hotel is full. - I was charged 4 times, each time 8000 CNY from my credit card from the hotel, even though the room charge is only 998.10 CNY for one room, and we stay only 1 night in the hotel. Now I cannot pay with my credit card for my trip.

The room was big.

convenient for early morning flight.
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

air conditioner is too noisy. Carpet is thick for heavy luggage.

convenient for early morning flight. It only costs 3 mins to walk from hotel to Terminal 1.

Staff were good.
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

But, the chinese restaurant closes at 10 and you can't order from that menu. Eating dim sum was our #1 plan for our one night stay in China. Didn't happen. But the food we did order was pretty good. Breakfast is pretty good too

Staff were good. Room was nice. Bath was good and the room was quite luxurious. It was very easy to get there from the airport and the staff arranged our rides to and from it. Happy overall.

Best place for a quick comfortable stop over with a china...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with View

Best place for a quick comfortable stop over with a china southern flight. Great bar for a well earned post flight drink, any time night or day. Great swimming pool for adults and kids. And I'm a huge fan of the buffet. Would stay here for every Guangzhou stop over.

Hotel Shuttle bus used to pick up customers from gate 46 in...
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Hotel Shuttle bus used to pick up customers from gate 46 in T2, but from 14Aug which is the date I arrived, they have changed to Level 1 car park and pick up customers. It was not easy to find the shuttle bus, and we waited for 20mins there was no bus came. We had to head hack to gate 42 and take the airport shuttle bus from T2 to T1 and walk to the hotel.

Wonderful hotel, clean , huge bed , the comfort is...
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Wonderful hotel, clean , huge bed , the comfort is incredible. Fantastic bathroom.The free bus shuttle to the airport is brillant, professional and precise ( 10min max from Terminal 2) And the buffet for diner is just delicious, the quality and choice are amazing! If you want to treat yourself a bit , don’t hesitate one second 👍

Best option to stay near Guangzhou airport
    • Deluxe King Room with View

Very nice hotel, staying here second time and really enjoyed even it was just one night between our connection flights in Guangzhou. Extremely helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, delicious food! Highly recommended!

a dissapointing experience
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

I used to stay in this hotel for many times, 7-8 years ago. The room I've got, in the old wing, had no improvements since the old times. Soundproof doesnt exist, bad smell from batroom, old furniture. The guy at the front desk want to offer me an upgrade, but for double price!!! Overall a sad experience...

Location and nothing else

Very convenient to go to T-1
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Everything expensive. Stuff voice is small. Can’t use fridge. Tv is really unstable, not clear. Can’t watch World Cup final.

Very convenient to go to T-1 Hotel entrance is very clean. Restaurant is okay, so so. Stuff is very kind and friendly. Jasper 加油!

Medium
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

I have requested king size bed but they gave me twin bed...also far away ,at the end of the East section of the ..need to spend 8 minutes walk each times..I could not use the club lounge despite that I'm memember of ACCORD

location,shuttle services from airport,big screen in the bar for football game

Great stay and very nice swimming pool
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

Communicating in English was a bit challenging with the hotel staff and the shops in the hotel were very expensive. €7 for a water bottle.

Flexibility for the room was great as we were allowed in the room early.

Perfect transit hotel
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

The location is perfect for those in transit (like myself), but I don't imagine it'd be good for those who actually want to explore Guangzhou

The bed was the most comfortable bed I've had the pleasure to sleep on! So much so that i stripped the bed in order to find out what it was (and may email the property to enquire...). The bath was sublime and I wish I had more time to enjoy the place even more. The shuttle to and from and airport is also convenient. Although, more information on where to catch the shuttle (from Terminal 2) could have been communicated earlier on.

Best place to stay!

Nothing to hate at all!

I love Pullman hotel! The ambience, the food in its restaurant, the staff efficiency, the rooms and the location... beyond amazing! Wish I could have stayed longer!!

Convenient location
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

the deposits are so high in China! Not just for the pullman but for every hotel.

Fantastic location. The hotel has its own entrance into the airport. Great for stop over trips.

I am pretty sure there's not better option at a walking...

Nothing to declare.

I am pretty sure there's not better option at a walking distance from the Guangzhou airport. It's completely hassle free and easy to get there and away. It's a very clean, elegant, refreshing and comfortable hotel.

Perfect place to stay at the airport between flights
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

The room was well appointed, the bed very comfortable and the staff were exceptional. The restaurant was excellent. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a stopover in Guangzhou or has a long wait between flights.

Unimpressive and overpriced
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

Checked in at 5am after a long flight. The attendant was unsmiling and unhelpful and with poor English as with the majority of staff here. I would have appreciated an offer of help with my luggage and with directions to my room. My room was on the 6th floor although the card number was 1617 . I had no idea I was on the sixth floor given my room number. This is why some help and directions would have been appreciated. I was very unimpressed and so tired. The booking website specified priority late checkout as a feature. It doesn't mention that a late checkout will add considerably to your room price. Very unimpressive , and overpriced.

Location and comfort

Sleepless night on a comfy bed
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

The fact that this is an airport hotel means that there are are people coming and going all night. I stayed there because I had an early flight, others obviously had earlier ones. The noise between rooms is muffled but easily disturbing, but the worst is the noise of the room doors opening and closing and the disrespect of the other hotel users talking and calling out in the corridor. Not much sleep had at all, despite the gloriously comfortable bed

The closeness to the airport was great. 2 minutes from level 3 and you are in the terminal. The staff were great

Staffs are very friendly and I complained last time I've...
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Staffs are very friendly and I complained last time I've been arranged to a room which I didn't get a good sleep so this time they arrange me a room close to the sun and they also gave me a massage voucher. Will definitely stay in the hotel again.

Convenience
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

We left our breakfast order out the night before but it didn't get collected, unable to contact housekeeping the next morning. So missed out on breakfast.

Great location for travelers.

Quiet rooms, convenient location!
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Rooms are very small, it is difficult to maneuver even a medium sized checked bag in the floor area of the room.

Great access to Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, rooms were much quieter than most airport properties. Comfortable beds.

Fabulous airport hotel.
    • Executive Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

The bar lacked atmosphere, but was functional.

An excellent selection of options for breakfast, both Western and chinese. Great location across from terminal one. Very comfortable, really excellent 5 star hotel.

6.0
    It is quite near to airport which is the only advantage
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

The attitude of front desk

Food is good, but there were lot of mosquitos. Even they were circling the buffet with all exposed food items including sweets were circled by the mosquitoes/ flies

Great acess from airport and very comfortable stay
    • Deluxe King Room with View

Don't seem able to bring two peoples meal to the table at the same time (although pretty standard in China). But that's a very minor quibble

Staff were uniformly excellent despite (mainly) having no English. My partner is in a wheelchair and they happily pushed our luggage over to the checkin counter at airport while I wheeled the chair. Very obliging re a later checkout with no additional charge.

Location was ideal for early morning departure next morning
    • Deluxe King Room with View

The price for a Chinese hotel in Guangdong was expensive. Maybe taking advantage of location !!

Location was ideal for early morning departure next morning

Staff were super friendly, and all spoke English.
    • Deluxe King Room with View

Think my room was a smoking room, but didn't smell too bad.

Staff were super friendly, and all spoke English. Got a massive room (2 TVs and 2 loos). Gym was small but clean, very good breakfast.

A quality hotel within the grounds of the airport,two minute...
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

could have done with one or two more people on checkout at busy times ,but not to bad!

A quality hotel within the grounds of the airport,two minute walk only to flight departures .aircraft noise was virtually zero in the spacious well appointed rooms

Almost in the terminal
    • Executive Twin Room with View and Lounge Access

I had to catch an early flight and stayed just one night. The hotel is a two minutes walk from the terminal. The hotel offer spa, pool and restaurants with buffé and an al a carte menu.

We stayed in 3 motels over 3 Nights, this one was definitely...
    • Executive King Room with View and Lounge Access

We stayed in 3 motels over 3 Nights, this one was definitely up there. The beds were the best I've seen in any motel. Only thing i would suggest is having some more fluent English speaking staff, very hard to get the message across sometimes. . . . But overall a great stay!

Excellent, clean and comfortable stay
    • Superior King Room

Restaurants a little pricey, but you can walk back into airport for food, but again not that great choice of food.

Room was perfect for our short stay, it's only a short walk from the airport, you walk up to and perfect with tired children. Beds were clean and we had an extra roll out bed (which was in fact an actual single bed brought to the room).

A treat for me!
    • Superior Twin Room

The price was a tad higher than my previous stay.

I have stayed in Pullman Baiyun previously, so I knew what to expect. Location was great for a couple of nights, with metro across the street in the airport made it easy to get into town. The room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, and the bathtub was a treat and a must for a good night's sleep after a long flight.

Great overnight stay over
    • Superior King Room

Nothing maybe advise people to go to gate 12 on level 3 . There are 2 gate 12 . So just go to level 3 and walk to hotel.

Just walk from airport. Very upmarket hotel.

Amazing hotel.
    • Superior King Room

The restaurants were a bit over-priced. There is free water tea and coffee in the room though.

This is an amazing hotel. It's right opposite gate 12, like they say, however when transiting I recommend double-checking if you need a visa. I was unsure whether or not you had to go in the arrivals lane or international-to-international. After asking about 3 people who had varying levels of English and waiting about 20 minutes for them to process the visa, I made it to the other side! The checkin was smooth although you need to pay a 2000RMB deposit, and booking.com also charge a day in advance. Anyway, when I got to the room it was amazing. Everything you could possibly need. The swimming pool and sauna were great. Everything is amazing at this hotel. It's almost like a shopping center in itself, with restaurants and shops within it. The breakfast was also great. Dinner was good, a little expensive.

Luxury stay for convenience to the airport
    • Executive Twin Room with View and Lounge Access

Check-in process was smooth. Our rooms (Executive Twin Room) were immaculate, the beds were clean. The bathroom was well appointed, with rain shower and a bathtub. The hotel is also conveniently located opposite the International Departure Terminal of Biayun Airport. You can ask for a complimentary golf buggy service to send you and your luggage over the pedestrian crossing of the airport as well. Sufficient choices for breakfast as well!

My preferred hotel in Guangzhou.
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

In October of last year I was disappointed with the room I was given. Electrical works was hazardous. Room not cleaned properly. Shower curtain stained. Toilet not flushing properly. See photos. I still come back to Pullman.

My preferred hotel in Guangzhou. Superb buffet. Close to the airport.

Near enough perfect airport stay
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

The air con was cool enough but seemed to be on a set temperature.

Great quality dinner buffet, so many facilities such as bars, club lounge, restaurants, ATMs etc. Perfect proximity to the airport in order to just roll out of bed and check in for an early flight. Immaculately clean and comfortable rooms.

It was fantastic!!!
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Well it was just one night so nothing that we did not like all was good and fine.

The location was superb and the staff very helpful. Bed was good and very clean neat and tidy. Breakfast was fine and nothing to complain about overall it was fantastic.

Great stop between two flights
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Excellent way to spend the night between two flights. Easy to find, just a couple minutes away from departure gate 12. Great breakfast, great coffee

Convenient.
    • Superior Twin Room with Courtyard View

Offered an upgrade to executive room on check in but it was really not worth it as happy hour was over, snacks gone. Very, very expensive buffet. Chinese restaurant was closed. Japanese restaurant had to wait an hour until more people arrived so main restaurant was only choice.

Convenient.

Good for one night stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room with View

Staff doesn't speak English or at least most of them, Massage wasn't included as advertised, the Variety of the food was very week.

Location beside the Airport, Strong WIFI

Very good value for money
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

No milk powder at the coffee station in the bedroom

Friendly and efficient staff, and the Business Suite is the best I have stayed in. Very good value for money

DO NOT VISIT THIS HOTEL
    • Superior Twin Room

The price at the restaurant was redicules. World record price for an espresso 58 RMB=10 USD=7 GBP=8 EURO You are in prison in the hotel. No other choice of bar or restaurant.

The hotel was OK

Arrived late at night with a tired toddler and staff got us...
    • Superior King Room with Courtyard View

Had to remind them to get the crib ready at check-in

Arrived late at night with a tired toddler and staff got us checked in nice and quickly and the room was comfortable and quiet.

Perfect connecting time
    • Superior King Room

Hotel staff should pay close attention to the translations in the hotel. We found several mistakes in the buffet breakfast. There was a bit of cigarette smell.

We were upgraded to an executive room which is very convenient for us to have a speedy check out the next day. It's also less crowded. The hotel staff was very considerate to lead us to our room through the maze-like hallways. Clean and spacious room. The facilities in the room were unbeatable. The breakfast was good and sufficient.

Rich & diverse Buffet dinner in Asian restaurant,...
    • Deluxe King Room with View

Pool was closed (due to maintenance), rooms are quite old-fashioned.

Rich & diverse Buffet dinner in Asian restaurant, location (100m walk to departure terminal), friendly and service-oriented reception.

Very Good
    • Superior Twin Room

Great service. The staff was friendly and spoke English. The rooms where clean and comfortable. The Hotel is also well positioned especially if you are flying late or leaving early.

Not that it affected me, but the early morning...
    • Superior Twin Room

Not that it affected me, but the early morning 'rush' at the checkout desk was building up when I left and there is nothing worse for a a business person than to have to queue up and be delayed just to pay the bill.

Verity of Foods, cleanness, Priority checking and the...

.At bathroom commode should be attached with push shower as you have lots of Muslim guests. For Muslim guest it is mandatory requirement

Verity of Foods, cleanness, Priority checking and the business center services

Great location - just 5 mins to international departure hall...

Air conditioner was not working properly, too hot in the room. Breakfast was not good at all. Horrible buggy wifi.

Great location - just 5 mins to international departure hall of the airport

Overall perfect location and friendly staffs, but hardwares needs to improve
    • Superior King Room

1) Apple pie was served in cold, had to ask to take back to heating, suggest next time ask to serve in hot or cold at ordering stage; Also single portion coffee was too less but good quality; Above issues were solved swiftly thanks for the staffs. 2) Your internet is insanely difficult to use, was logged out soonest device went sleep, caused CONSTANTLY log in / out, and was not automatically log in, had to input username / pw every single time. This is something needs to address and look into to create user convenient / experience. Thanks 3) Room has bad humidity smell when A/C on, had to spray lots perfumes to sleep.

1) Bed has a touching feature with firm pillow available placed at bed end, was very comfortable. 2) Good Apple pie

Adequate for late arrivals or early departure
    • Superior Twin Room

I have booked a non refundable room from booking.com and they insisted on seeing the credit card used for booking. However the card was cancelled due to unauthorised transaction after the booking so I couldn’t show the card. I was tired after touching down after midnight and had to keep going down to the reception to explain. Although the staff was very helpful, I do wish they can be more flexible

Upgraded us to the executive room. Room was huge.

Great choice for airport connections.
    • Superior King Room

For some reason (presumably safety), our balcony doors overlooking the pool in the inner courtyard were sealed shut. Fresh air is at a premium at airports (and in airplanes) and this glitch was not appreciated.

Location and convenience.

Near airport

Many confusions in check in Many noise in room The price is high for quality hotel This hotel is 4 stars -

Near airport Clean rooms And quality rooms

Excellent stay, rooms are comfy and luxurious, loads of facilities. Recommended!
    • Superior King Room

Tv reception sometimes skipped, maybe cream or milk capsules with the nespresso machine

Bed WAS extra comfy! Room could be made dark, couldn’t hear the aircraft.

Everything wonderful
    • Superior King Room

My only comment is the reservation asked me to present my credit card used for booking online however I didn’t bring that card. the hotel shall inform the guests that they have to produce the credit card for verification In advance.

Everything wonderful

Very impressive hotel in amazingly close proximity to airport
    • Superior King Room

Bath and shower were a bit old. Set of drawers needed to be moved slightly in order for the wardrobe to open.

Amazing building and location. Simply walk across the roadways from the main arrivals/departure building. Incredibly impressive foyer area. Friendly and cheerful staff. Very nice interior design of the room. Wifi very convenient and uses a Hong Kong based VPN to access familiar western websites.

Luxurious
    • Superior King Room

Gorgeous hotel, the bed was very comfy and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Room service was also great with a huge choice of food. I just wish my stay had been longer!

comfy stay
    • Superior King Room

The glass at the mini bar was a bit dusty making me feel the room wasn't cleaned well.

Everything was as expected. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

This is our favorite hotel to stay at in Guangzhou.
    • Superior King Room

No razor in the bathroom.

The location for traveling out of China it can be hectic. It is easier to spend the night before at the Pullman then walk across the street to the airport.

Awful hotel will never stay there again
    • Superior King Room

Non smoking room stank of smoke WiFi so bad was unusable Terrible inefficiency at check in Took too long to bring bags to room Toilet didn’t flush properly Aircon didn’t work

Proximity to airport

Would happily return if we arrived late or left early from the airport.
    • Superior King Room

The Western restaurant was very slow and very overpriced. The food was fine but shockingly expensive.

The king size bed in our room was amazingly comfortable, with several types of pillows and a very comfortable duvet. I shared the bed with my two young kids and we had room to spare. Wish we could have lingered longer in it but our very early flight killed that dream. Lighting in the rooms was good, with many options. The bathroom was nice, even if the shower did spray past me to the entire bathroom the moment I turned it on. There is a tub ! We super appreciated a really helpful staff member who gave us directions to the circus (!), helped us find a taxi, then loaded us into it with much advice to the driver. [A taxi to the circus cost a huge amount but at least we got there on time.] The hotel's location was perfect, with a walk of about 100 m to the airport, helped by airport luggage trolleys.

Clean
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

- Reception Staffs were not friendly, no smiles in the whole process of check in - No solution provided on breakfast arrangement as I was check out at early 5:50am - No further discount for resident on dinner buffet, however local people can use group buy discount for dinner buffet?

Clean Location

Someone pick me up from airport to recipction desk because I...
    • Superior Twin Room

Accessing the hotel from airport

Someone pick me up from airport to recipction desk because I had luggage to carry across the bridge in front of gate 12 and then walk pulling them until I reached the hotel.

Browse Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport traveller photo gallery