Reviews of Beijing Jun An Hotel

No. 134, Fahuasi Street, Dongcheng, 100061 Beijing, China

#274 of 594 hotels in Beijing

• Business Double Room

While booking.com says i wont be charged in advance, I was still charged for one night stay without booking.com knowing about it. I was really upset

Convenient location

• Standard Twin Room

The temperature of the shower turns all of a sudden to very hot. Almost scalding hot. It is dangerous. It has been like this for a long time. I have mentioned it several time but it stays the same. One day somebody will get burned. After a few seconds it turn back to your setting. It should not be so.

• Business Double Room

That was very cold in Beijing at that time, but the hotel did not have hot water for showering, either heating system. That was the coldest night I've spent in my whole life.

Staff is pretty nice.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff attitude were terrible and rude. If they were my staff, I must sack them immediately. I booked 3 Standard Twin rooms for 4 nights and arrived hotel at 8.30 am. They have confirmed my booking # but we couldn't check-in so early. They pressured us to take day tour so they can upgrade 1 room for us. We had to consider & left our luggage in hotel & started our own visit in Beijing. We will back to check-in in evening. When I back to hotel 4.30 pm, the staff (3 staffs were there, one of them liked supervisor) told me no room for me. Then they offered me a meeting room which converted to room with 2 twin beds and toilet was the common toilet. I told them I had arrived at 8.30 am, the first customer to check-in. So the first 3 Standard Twin rooms must reserve to me. How can they say no room for me. I said my booking was 3 Standard Twin rooms with toilet since Jan 2017. I talked to the staff in Mandarin and asked whether they understood the Booking confirmation in English version. If they wanted Chinese version I can print for them if they gave me computer & printer. They asked me how do I pay for the rooms, cash or credit card? I said pay CASH. With immediately I fully paid for the 3 rooms for 4 nights. Later they asked me to cancel my booking first. I question them, why I want to cancel after I had made fully settlement. Finally they had no choice and gave us the 3 rooms at 107, 305 & 609. There was the smaller room on each floor. Room size was OK but the toilet was terrible. Only one person can go in. When you shower, the basin, door all will wet. But still better than having a common toilet. After we check-in, the staff still call us for the day tour. I think they must have commission for the day tour, if not the wouldn't be so hardworking. The Hotel Management must look into the staff attitude which was unprofessional at front desk who were represented to hotel.

The location was great. It took about 10-15 min from the MRT 天坛东门 station (but you need to take the pedestrian bridge) to hotel. Nearby the shopping mall 红桥市场 was a good place for shopping. Price was high but can bargain to 50-70%.

Hotel felt a little old(retro maybe), not that bad since it was very cheap. Better than expected even.

Good location right next to the pearl market and really nice staff, thought the security guy wanted tips but after some translating he offered to pay for foreign currencies for his collection.

• Standard Twin Room

It's a dive! Dirty, smelly and old. The hotel is probably from the early 80's and has never been renovated or even cleaned appropriately. Staff were absolutely brutal. No customer service skills at all. Save your money and skip this dump. Shame on booking.com for even having this hotel on your website.

checking out

• Standard Twin Room

I book three rooms. Those rooms are a little bit smelly. Bathroom in one room was not good, it was leak. The direction to get to the property was not clear.

It was actually near the Subway Station (Tiantandongmen), but the direction to get to the property was not clear. It was close to Temple of Heaven.

• Business Double Room

I liked nothing in that property. Don't know how on what basis booking.com has referred as a three star. It was hot in Beijing and the staff had switched off the air condition. We paid for a AC room and stayed in a non AC. No water they served. Staff wasn't helpful since non of them knows English. Really a bad choice of hotel. Booking.com this is the second time with booking with u guys we have faced this problem

• Standard Twin Room

The one day tour in Beijing great wall which linked with the hotel was not great, they changed the plan without letting us know in advance. They took us to some shops but we have no intention to buy anythings.

The room is very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Staff don't speak English at all so couldn't even ask the basics which was such a shame. They did try their best to help in anyway they can though. Would be good if they catered for more western tourists and have English maps etc. The bathroom was tiny, when you shower it goes all over the toilet seat, bin and paper towel. That was uncomfortable but I think most of the rooms are designed like this. The bed was rock hard! I stayed at another hotel previously and it was nothing like that but they do provide extra duvet, pillow etc and that's all comfortable and soft. Also, you need to leave 100 CNY deposit at reception so that you return the key

Location was great. Few minutes to pearl market. There are a ton of eastern and western food shops there, so was perfect for me. Train station (tiantan dongmen) just opposite to pearl market and food hall. Easy to travel to main tourist spots from here as it's really closeby. Temple of heaven is just down the road. I travelled alone and found it easy to get around. Supermarket inside hotel which is great for getting water etc. Room was nice, spacious and clean and I'm quite fussy about where I stay. If I don't like what I see, I check in to another hotel but was happy enough with this. I contemplated a lot on whether to stay here or not but glad I picked it. It was exactly 30 minutes drive from airport to here at night. After experiencing a horrible taxi driver who had serious anger issues and wouldn't put meter on, I got out of taxi and took a private car for 200 CNY

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Bathroom light to dim.

Very happy with the stay. Room is clean, staff are helpful and happy to answer questions, location near MRT station and fast free WIFI. Has hot water during the winter is a comfort. Plenty of food around.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Beds are pretty firm which may be uncomfortable for some. Doors are pretty old and took me a few tries to get it open from the outside.

Great location with subway line nearby. Old, but very clean room. Western toilet with good flushing capabilities. Water gets hot FAST even when it's freezing outside. Fast wifi. Super friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room

Good hotel, with good wifi, clean rooms and efficient staff.

• Standard Twin Room

Good staff but not much English

• Standard Twin Room

Terrible Service. There is not hot water, propone dont speak english. Too expensive for the service.

• Standard Twin Room

Rude staff, small toilet.

Location & pearl market shopping mall

The room was a little bit smelly.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Decent location, but staff was not very helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

I checked out at 11 morning, I left my luggage in Hotel 5 hours after checking out, They Charge me 50 Rmb for Luggage (very Strange)

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

No lights on the walls or roof, just a couple of side lamps... Staff didn't clean kettle and mugs after room service...

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The room and toilet and beds

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Business Double Room

Staff not friendly AC not working very bad quality with that rate

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

15% extra service fee. The beddings are not changed regularly. Room is not so bright.

The location is a stone away from the Temple of Heaven,8 mins from subway line 5 tiantan dongmen. The facilities are good with helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The bed wasn't comfortable, the room and the 4th were full of cigarette smoke. The floor in our room was in a bad state of repair.

The staff at reception were helpful however very little English spoken. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

The Beds were a little to hard. Asian matresses are not too comfortable

The people at the front desk were very helpful and nice. Very Pleasant staff and they actually smiled!!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2015

It's a little run down and could do with some maintenance. The beds were very hard - which may just be a Chinese thing!

The location was great. The rooms were warm and had what we needed. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

My room had a very small bathroom. The shower splashed directly onto the door which was rotten. Two lights (out of 5 in total) in the room did not work. The wardrobe door was kaputt. The breakfast is RMB20 and not RMB13.5 as indicated on Booking.com.

The room is quite spacious and comfortable, although decor and furniture are quite old. Located near Tiantan (Temple of Heaven). Fairly convenient (about 10mn on foot to Tiantan Dongmen subway station). Restaurants and eateries nearby (some OK, some mediocre). There are groceries shops, jewelry markets, etc. in the neighborhood. The breakfast is very vegetable-oriented which I liked.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Staff hardly speak English and unhelpful. I think as they feel their price is cheap so they don't wish to be helpful, so you pay for your room, therefore you get your room, and that's it. Similar hotel culture to tiny towns in China, unlike modern Beijing hotels. There again, you are paying less so what can you expect. No English Channel on TV. Very few shops or facilities around hotel, unless you consider Hongqiao market a facility. Not even a bank or a 24 hour shop like a mini 7-11. The area is dead and neighbourhood is lifeless after 12 midnight. If you need an aspirin or any small item you'll have to get a taxi and go out of that area. Forget abt the money changer in Hongqiao mkt, they'll rip you off. 40 yuan comm even if you change ten bucks! Further down the lane there's a much cheaper hotel with staff who actually speaks English, and it is called Bestay hotel!

It was near hongqiao market and hotel service n room were plain basic, like Chinese hotels in early 1980's

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Room, staff, condition of hotel. We were asked to pay 300rmb extra on arrival we refused as we had the booking.com reservation email. The room we got then we should have paid 300 less. Furniture ripped, bad smell in room. Shower was leaking(so badly that anything left on the floor in the whole bedroom was soaked). When we questioned if it was the deluxe room we had booked the staff pretended not to understand. Luckily we only spent minimal time there as we were busy being tourists! Don't be tricked by the pictures etc on the website!

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Unfriendly staff , bad service ( no service) location poor and the rooms where dreadful the bathroom was so tiny and toilet included in it so everything gets wet after a shower

Nothing hated everything

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

I didn't realize the fact that they will add 15% on top of the price advertised so I ended up paying more. these kinds of service fees just need to be included in the price already so there is no confusion at the counter. Tricky way to advertise their hotel as cheap.

location was ok

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Must ask properly all additional cost if u book their day tour. Tour look cheap but the additional cost make the day tour not so worthwhile.. Book from the tourist centre near tiananmeng.. Look expensive but at least no additional cost.

Location, food around the location and staff flexibility.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

Making better reception with the recruitment of staff fluent in English

Strengthening the net and work on not to make the smell of food in the corridor

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

Chinese hotel, the room smelled like cigarrette smoke. A lot!

Location. Next to temple of heaven, close to tiantan dongmen metro station, the pearl market (for pearls and copies) is literally around the corner, next to it; with many occidental restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

There were no information in English for tours around the city made readily available. If I knew they did tours I may of booked with them. In fact one of their tour guides approached me to join them, but I had already booked online tour. Information about the hotel's restaurant and its menu were not made available during check in.

Close to Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven. Subway station less than 10 minutes away with easy access to Airport Express for Beijing International Airport. Staff at reception are very helpful, but their English is limited. A few Western Fast Food restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Can be pricey if u book at peak times

Location was decent close to the underground station. Friendly staff and pretty clean

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

No breakfast possibility, staff were not so helpful. I asked for helping call a taxi, they said no tel.number. As a hotel reception???

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

very good

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

Personnel was helpful

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

Value for money.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Location was not the best.

Staff did their best to understand.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2015

Small and convenient and close to subway station and market for gifts etc.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

Staff have problem with communicative english. Wifi didn't work.

It is close to metro station and Tian Tan. Breakfast - ok.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Internet connection was not stable

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Staff dors not speak english or sprak very little. I don't recommend taking breakfest there.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

- wifi was fine - location not too bad, close enough to a metro station - staff's English wasn't the best but they were nice

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Bathrooms are so small that you could barely stand

Staff was pretty friendly

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

leaking shower

good location, nice room, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Gave us their best

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Just in the right place for me! Always good to be there!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Despite the description in the booking, there was no free refrigerator, which at 35 degree heat was unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Staff speaks no english, no services in hotel such as laundry etc Wifi is slow

Location is very good.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

Very close to Temple of haven and easy access to local restaurants. Some staff cannot speak English but overall it was alright

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Don't know

Don't know

• Reviewed: 15 May 2015

bed not do comfortable and small room size. Rooms don't look good as pictures

location and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

The staff

The bed and the location

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Not good speaking English Staff

• Reviewed: 29 March 2015

the price adelvertised online was 450 rmb but i ended up paying 516 rmb.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

The bed was very hard, bathroom was shocking ( no showering screen).

Friendly staff, pleasant, helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Smoking in public areas of hotel and in our neighbours room was annoying.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2015

No english. Smoking in elevators. poor internet. terrible breakfast

Good location. New towels and cleaning everyday.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

not good service

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Beijing Jun An Hotel traveller photo gallery