Reviews of Beijing Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel

No. 37, Dongsisitiao, Dongcheng, 100010 Beijing, China

#10 of 594 hotels in Beijing

9.8

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Love the staffs especially Rose and Jaclyn who are so...

Basically nothing.

Love the staffs especially Rose and Jaclyn who are so helpful and friendly. Can't thanks them enough for the excellent service making the whole trip smooth and easy. Great location and nice traditional accommodation.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

A fantastic hotel. I'll definitely be back!

Not a single problem.

By far the best hotel I have stayed in during my month in China. Excellent service, smooth check-in and beautiful decor. The room was clean and well air conditioned. The staff were extremely friendly and informative. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Very pleasant stay with staff always trying to help even though English is still a challenge.
    • Happy Family Room

The breakfast provided whilst having variety was never hot and you could not get eggs fried or boiled.They also took a long time to clear tables.

The room was authentic, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

I just love it! Always again!
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

I choosed the hotel now the second time and that with good reason. Jaclyn from the reception called me a taxi to come from airpot transfer bus to the hotel in the heavy rain. The hotel even paied the taxi. And than she was amazing when I was in big trouble with a lost card. Thanks alot also to the hotel manager for the understanding and kindness. Love this place. It's almost like you come home, and family will help you if there is a problem. Beside this the hotel has a romantic flair and is very clean. Computer in the room is also a big plus! Don't know any better place to stay in Beijing!!!

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Exquisite Gem in Downtown Hotel
    • Happy Family Room

There is so much to love here! Set in a gritty hutong, this hotel is sn sbsolute gem. Ming style decor wirh all the modern conveniences. We especially love the courtyard that includes flowers, fish, and a swing for four. There is so much attention to beautiful details. Everywhere you look there is a picture worthy still life! The hotel features a cafe bar, open in the evenings. The breakfast buffet features aurhentic local pastries and dim sum, great coffee,as well as Western offerings. Charm abounds, from the embroidered silk duvets to the mynah birds in bamboo cages. Did I mention that the birds recite lines of an ancient poetry? The Dongcheng location is convenient for seeing the sights. The neighborhood has good shopping and restaurants within an easy walking distance. We found a great vegetarian cafe in the neighborhood. The staff speak English and are warm and helpful. This is really an experience meant to create a wonderful memory!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

A beautiful, relaxing hotel in the centre of Beijing!
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Beautiful room - very comfortable and clean. Friendly and efficient staff who helped arrange transport for a visit to the Great Wall and airport. Excellent buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Great service, ambience, location, and breakfast.

Location was great. Within minutes walk of a subway station and restaurants that are open 24 hours a day (important for jet lagged folk.) The breakfast was better than we expected.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

The traditional design of the hotel, the staff, especially...
    • Happy Family Room

The room was so hot at the first night even we turned the air con to 16C. I couldn't sleep n sweating all night. It turned better in the 2nd n 3rd nights when we reported the case. The air con was turned on long before we returned to room and got enough time to cool down the room before we sleep.

The traditional design of the hotel, the staff, especially the lady at the reception is very helpful. Breakfast is good with some beijing style snacks.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

A wonderful courtyard hotel
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Nothing really but the hotel might like to think about extending their breakfast room since there were often queues for tables in the morning.

I've stayed here several times now and I love this hotel. The hotel itself is in an old courtyard home and is beautifully decorated in the old Chinese style. Each room is different. There is also a very extensive breakfast buffet and a friendly little bar/restaurant. What sets this place apart is the staff. Without exception, they are all very professional and helpful. Jaclyn and Rose were very welcoming and helpful throughout my stay. I'd also like to thank the housekeeping department for finding and returning my iPad dongle that got caught up in sheets when the bedding was changed.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Great Stay in Hutong!
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. Just make sure for the first time to ask the Hotel to arrange hotel pick up.

It is within a small alley in Beijing Hutong. The hotel is clean, well location, friendly staff that speaks English. Good breakfast

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Love double happiness hotel
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

I loved that this was real Chinese experience hotel. They even have birds in lobby for good luck and turtles in lovely garden for long life. Staff the best. Hutong real interesting. Near great street for cafes and bars.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Overall, we had a great time and would recommend this hotel.

Rooms are pretty tiny. Beds are small and not too comfortable. But these are part of the Hutong courtyard hotel experience.

Great breakfast buffet. Great staff. When I got to Xi’an after Beijing I realized I had left my iPad in my room. We called the hotel and they shipped it to our hotel in Chengdu.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

A haven of peace in the middle of Pekin
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Please change the tea at the breakfast. A chinese tea will be much better as the awfull Lipton tea. Don't put birds in cages. The birds are made to fly, not to be in jail!

After having walking all the day in the city, it was always like returning at home when we entered the Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel. The greetings of the friendly staff, the nice chinese decoration of our bedroom, the glass of wine that we took in one of the two romantic courtyards, the dinners in the little cosy bar made our 8 days'stay unforgettable.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Lovely hotel and we will definitely stay again.
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

This is a beautiful hotel full of charm and character. The room was very clean and comfortable and the attention to detail amazing. The staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English. The hotel is located in a traditional Hutong area down a narrow alleyway which makes it a little difficult to find first time. The nearest subway station is about 10 mins walk away and there are many restaurants and shops in this very local and central area of Beijing.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Awesome.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

More dining tables in the bar/restaurant.

Warm reception, lovely Hutong hotel, great breakfast and surprisingly good restaurant/bar. I highly recommend this authentic Chinese hotel, the staff is extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Cleanest hotel ever, excellent staff and 10min from subway!
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

We had nothing we didn't like.

The room was super clean and the staff was very professional. The hotel garden was also very cozy, it was great to sit and read after long city walks.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Great location and facilities
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Bad smell from bathroom drain. Bathroom sliding door couldn’t be closed tightly.

Staff at reception was friendly. Location is great, very convenient. We love the gardens and room decor the most.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Beautifully quaint Chinese style courtyard hotel in the heart of a Hutong Alley
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

It's very quiet at night but I do not see this as a negative, we were able to sleep soundly with no disturbances, a hotel perfect for older couples and/or small children.

Loved the layout and beautiful Chinese decor of the Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel. The hotel is down a Hutong alley which we found suprisingly easy to find from Donsi Station! (We walked the driving route and found it quick and easy, there are lots of shops and restaurants along the way!). The staff spoke really good English and were very friendly and informative. We were able to book a tour to the Mutyiangu Great Wall at the reception desk. The room & bathroom were very nice with lots of lovely little touches. The breakfast buffet provided a variety of food with a western touch. The room looks onto a lovely courtyard with seating area, plants and foliage, a little peace of heaven to come back to and relax after exploring the vibrant city of Beijing. My mother and I would love to visit here again.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Immersion in China
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Location is a bit far by walk from Tian an men or touristic spots. By subway, it was OK.

the cleanliness was more than chinese standards. Staff was helpful for home laundry, english assistance. Chinese art furniture in the room made the stay personalized

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Fab authentic Chinese hotel
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing really to dislike. Room a little on the small side if you like your space!

Wonderful staff - helpful & friendly throughout stay. Organised trips, dealt with all our questions & demands with patience & charm. A delightful setting, quirky & unique.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

A very special and authentic experience in a great location of Beijing

can't think of anything

I really liked the local authentic atmosphere of the hotel - it's a hidden gem in the bustling city centre, tranquil and very beautiful. I felt in a traditional Chinese home. The courtyard gives a peaceful ambience, you can hear birds singing at night and see the stars sitting in front of your room. the hotel is located in a very nice hutong and the main street is full if eateries, restaurants, shops - great to mingle with the locals and experience the flavour of local life. I can highly recommend the English speaking tour guide booked by the hotel - Yan. A very knowledgable, friendly lady who helped me get the most of Beijing in a day, skipping the crowds, sharing interesting info about the city and its landmarks...the day passed so pleasantly in her company! She also helped me with information on additional places I wanted to visit.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Close proximity to the city centre and the sightseeing.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Close proximity to the city centre and the sightseeing. The experience of staying inside a Huting was great. Ambience and the interior was traditional Chinese and this made the whole Beijing experience a step higher.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Perfect for a flavour of courtyard and Hutong life. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

I think it would be unfair to find fault with anything.

The staff were very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The courtyard was idyllic and the lounge, bar area very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Super staff!
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Only that it is hard to find and on a very narrow alley. Driver had to make several attempts at getting us there, as alleyways can be blocked for anything other than a tiny car.

Super staff! Every corner of this property has something new to find. Eclectic Chinese?!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Good but not enough!
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

The room was very little, and for such a price the equipment and the comfort was not enough. There were some works on the building meaning a very early wake up. The room has no privacy (you hear yours neighbours).

The inner gardens are nice and the restaurant is very good. The location is perfect and the staff is kind.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Perfection and Royal Treatment <3
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

I didn't know that at this particular hotel that they wear their shoes inside of the room. Living in Korea for years, I just wasn't used to that. But everything was so clean that I don't think it really mattered.

This place was perfect! The interior and exterior design was breathtaking and really made me feel like I was in China. I had the honeymoon suite. Something that was a bit "new" for me was the staff coming to make my bed for me when it was time for me to actually sleep. They truly went above and beyond! The food in the restaurant was relatively reasonable and the breakfast gave a nice wide range of food and fresh fruit! I was in love! Also, the staff tried their best to be kind and hospitable and even gave me a parting gift! (It was a container of fresh tea leaves). I definitely plan to return :-)

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Awesome Traditional courtyard experience
    • Happy Family Room

We are a group of 3 and stayed 2 nights here for our Beijing trip. Hotel is beautiful. Staffs are friendly. Room is clean, air condition is powerful. A variety choice of breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Delightful hotel for a stay in Beijing
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

Food in the dining room was expensive and not very good. Drinks way too expensive and they are mean with the gin

This is a home away from home. Delightful staff, lovely comfortable beds, big fluffy towels and a chocolate on the bed every night. Lovely bathroom with big shower

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Wonderful stay. If I will be back in Beijing, I will return there.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

The furniture is "old style" and original. We really loved it. But maybe not everybody does. Not all plugs were "perfect". But I found at least 5 plugs in each room, so we always find a way.

The staff. They helped us whenever we needed. When we came back at the hotel we always thought to be at home and welcomed. The position, the furniture and the uniqueness of the hotel are other good points.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

They became our favorite hotel on this trip and it was all because of the staff
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

I usually like more counter space near the bathroom sink and it was limited in our bathroom (although the bathroom was on the small side, in general, so the counter space we had is the best they could do).

Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We needed advice/help from the trivial (restaurant suggestion) to the important (taxi to get us to the airport in time and the taxi driver was honest!) and they assisted us with a smile. We loved how quite our room was and the courtyard right in front of our room is like a set in a movie complete with rustling tree leaves.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Located in houtong.
    • Happy Family Room

Located in houtong. Can see locals. Very clean, the staff was very helpful and speak fluent English. Good restaurants around. Nearby train station, and if one likes to walk - reasonable distance from many attractions. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Lovely Staff, 可爱的!
    • Happy Family Room

Breakfast could have been a little better, with better selection of fresh breads and fruits. I wish the room was a little bigger, but I think it's just the style of accommodation.

Staff was amazing, they went beyond our expectations and did everything to make sure our family had an amazing experience, everyone working there was awesome, and could communicate easily in English or Chinese. They were the best!

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

I certainly enjoyed my stay and would recomend and use it again if going to Beijin.
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

I would prefer if the restaurantvmenu had more local food but guess it’s from my personal preferences.

The athmosphere, located near subway, in hutong area. All staff very friendly and helpful. Clean and tidy, Many local restaurants closeby, most of the staff spoke english. A bit differently bur snyway. Good choices on their restaurant menu. The room eas taken care of each day

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

We stayed in rooms 128, 138 & 158.

Nothing at all

The staff were absolutely excellent and shone above all else with their help and advice at all times. Also the hotel was beautiful and very traditional, loved the layout.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Great hotel with modern facilities but an old chinese look and feel.
    • Happy Family Room

Staff went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could possibly be. Excellent English speaking, help booking tours and taxis, food and drink in the bar also great.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Next time again.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Difficult to find. Better read the map before you walk there. But this is not the fault of the hotel. It was my fault.

If somebody wants to have a traditional China experience, then this is the right hotel. I write this without sarcasm. The design and furnitures of the hotel are according to 100 years ago but of course comfortable. Really a surprising beautifull experience. The location of the hotel is a little hidden (silent) but convenient enough to walk to the Metro and explore the city. The reception was very helpfull and friendly.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

The hotel is nicely located in one of the Hutong areas of...
    • Happy Family Room

Not a big thing, but I was not too impressed with the breakfast. There is a big enough variety, but it is certainly easier to find something if you like Chinese style breakfast.

The hotel is nicely located in one of the Hutong areas of Beijing. The MTR station is in walking distance. The staff is super nice and helpful. The decor is all we tourists might expect of a typical Chinese place ;-) I found the decor really cute, but maybe sometimes there was a little much of it. Still it is a really great place for some beautiful pictures and of course also for a stay.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Highly recommend
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Not much. 80 Yuan for a pot of tea is outrageous though.

Firstly don't be put off by the roads leading up to the hotel. We thought the cab had made a mistake. An oasis of a place close to the Forbidden City (a couple of metro stops). It's a Tardis of a place (you need to be British to get that) and very decorative and interesting. Our room was small but very cosy with a curtained of bed. Dead cute. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

A great way to experience Old Beijing - if you want a Western-style hotel, this is not for you.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

There could have been more English language TV channels and more comfortable furniture

Loved the hutong atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff and the breakfasts

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Excellent hotel with traditional feel
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Staff found it difficult to call a taxi but I had no trouble getting a taxi back. Because of a mobility problem I found it difficult to get restaurants within my walking ability. There isnt much around the hotel but you can have drinks from 4pm and dinner from 6pm at the hotel.

Loved everything. Excellent, friendly, helpful staff. Given free upgrade to wedding suite which had 2 rooms, was very traditional and warm. Individually controlled cooling and heating in the room and a big bed, so had a great sleep. Excellent buffet breakfast with a lot of variety including Chinese dumplings and veggies. Very good to experience staying in a hutong.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Staff were VERY friendly/helpful, especially th esupport...
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

It was somehow a nice chinese facility, but i didnt see it as a 4 star hotel - more like a "4 star" B&B

Staff were VERY friendly/helpful, especially th esupport from the better english speaking staff was excellent

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Location in hutong was fabulous!
    • Happy Family Room

Breakfast buffet was OK. Dinner that we paid for was much better!

Location in hutong was fabulous! Decor and courtyard were authentic. Super comfy beds and comforters! Love the English channels on TV, especially the movies on repeat. I think my son watched Paddington Bear every day. Stuff for super helpful and accommodating. We dinner once at the hotel [and watched Paddington Bear in the bar] and dinner was great!

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Staff very very nice and always extremely helpful!
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

Staff very very nice and always extremely helpful! good and very rich breakfast. Wonderful room! very clean and perfect position for moving around Beijing centre.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

A wonderful Chinese experience
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

We visited for my wife’s birthday and we could not be happier. The staff were excellent (even gave my wife a birthday present), the room was beautiful and the location was very convenient. Will definitely return again when in Beijing.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

The staff was outstanding.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

It's difficult to get to, but not so much that a taxi or private driver couldn't pick you up with some careful maneuvers. It was still quickest for me to walk to the end of the street to catch a ride, but this added to the charm and helped reduce the outside noise.

The staff was outstanding. Everyone was very helpful and spoke perfect English. The design of the place was very quaint. The asthetic definitely helps sell the more traditional Chinese look as opposed to the ultra modern hotels one may normally expect at this quality.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Magnificent! I can think of no better place to relax while in Beijing.
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

You guys rock, everything was perfect! Thank you!

What can I say...We loved everything!! The hotel is simply priceless located in the a character filled Hutong. The Hotel is gorgeous, just oozing with character. The staff here are absolutely amazing, so helpful, answer any silly question we had. The room was fantastic, we even got upgraded during our last two days to the honeymoon suite, which blew us away. Breakfast was fabulous. I will stay in no other place when I come to Beijing.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

We loved how traditional this hotel was, the Chinese decor...
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

We loved how traditional this hotel was, the Chinese decor throughout is beautiful. We got a free upgrade upon check in and our room was stunning! Housekeeping was great and very thorough! The staff were really helpful and offer an excellent tour to the Great Wall (Mutainyu) which we really enjoyed and was good value for money. Good location with Dongsi metro station just a 10 minute walk away. Breakfast was good - lots of options. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

So glad to have stayed at Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

The room had a stale smell. It would be good to have it air out.

Great experience staying in the Hutong area! The design and decor of the hotel took one back to ancient China. The staff are friendly and helpful, doing their best. Recommend it to anyone who wants a cultural experience.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

A delightful hotel to spend a few days.
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

We were delighted with the staff and facilities. Like any old building, there are small details that need maintenance, but none that deserve a negative comment.

The hotel is a traditional Chinese hutong style building in an area set aside for preservation. The room was a delight and very comfortable. The staff were very attentive and caring. The included breakfast was to a reasonable standard, with plenty of variety of food. Although the hotel couldn't be much closer to the city centre, our taxi driver had to borrow my phone with google maps for the final approach.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Beautiful Little Area & Charming Hotel
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Enjoyed to stay in a very traditional hotel in the Hutong area and away from the busy city centre. Subway just under 10 min walk away. Front desk organised my Great Wall tour which l was very happy with and have a nice bar to relax in after a busy day

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

A place to make you smile
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

There is nothing that wd did not like at the hotel.

The hotel is amazing. Pretty courtyards, beautiful rooms. The staff are the most helpfull we have ever encountered. All the staff speak english and nothing is too much trouble, from giving simple directions to booking taxis and day trips. We had an early checkout so they offerd to prepare a breakfast for us to take. The hotel is central to most sights with a subway just around the corner. We will be staying in this hotel again. We would recomend this hotel to anyone. We give this hotel a 10 out of 10

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

It's a very picturesque old Hutong style hotel, with...
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

It's not a criticism really, but I think air purifiers for the room would be a good addition, especially on polluted days.

It's a very picturesque old Hutong style hotel, with trinkets and nicknacks everywhere, a cool couple's swing and an open courtyard. Central heating in room keeps everything cosy. They also have mynah birds that say "ni hao". Staff are also very lovely.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

Lovely hotel with a nice Chinese feel

Not much negative to report from our visit

Lovely hotel with a great Chinese feel. Comfortable and warm during our visit when outside temperatures were down to -11. Staff had good English. Location is very central and it's easy to get to all the major sites. Some great eating places nearby.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

A real Chinese experience

——

Fantastic location (at the very beginning not super easy to find though) at few steps from the metro and well located to the main attractions in an area full of restaurants. The place is the typical Chinese house in the Hutong. Very clean, great breakfast. Warm staff, super helpful with suggestions, hints, tour to the Graat Wall, and very helpful in organising transfer to the airport with a truestworhy driver (with taxameter!!!) . Staff speak a perfect English, a very welcome rarity in China. Best place in my stay around China.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Fabulous stay. To repeat!
    • Happy Family Room

Everything was great. Stay a pleasure

The staff is wonderful and we especially want to thank Indi, our son took a wonderful memory of her. The breakfast buffet is perfect, East and West. Attention on the organization of the trips is super. The family room was very nice and big. Very comfortable and warm, rather thank taking into account the outside temperature. If we return to Beijing we will book again with them.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Only here for 2 nights, wished we could have stayed longer
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

The hotel bar was extortionate. ¥30 for 1 beer (same as London prices) when it was ¥10 for the same bottled beer in the mini bar in the rooms

The wide selection at breakfast The traditional decoration of the whole hotel Rooms were lovely and clean, shower was great and the water always hot Friendly reception staff Luggage storage Arranged trip of the Great Wall

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Outstanding staff, modern amenities, classy “old China” context.
    • Happy Family Room

Some taxis didn’t want to drive us down the hutong streets, (but that would likely be true of any hutong hotel.)

Loved stepping back in time with fresh, clean, modern amenities. The climate controls, shower and toilet, pillows, mattress and fluffy down comforters were totally modern, set in a context of classy antiques and an “old China” neighborhood. Best of both worlds. The staff - beyond outstanding! Excellent interpersonal and English skills and sensitive attention to anticipating and assisting every traveler need and pampering guests. Great variety in the breakfast buffet - taking into consideration every palate from traditional Chinese choices to Continental. Would love to go back.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Lovely courtyard hotel
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Lovely courtyard hotel in an interesting area only 10 minute walk to Dongsi subway. Staff spoke great English and very helpful and friendly. The breakfast catered for all tastes Asian and European. The room was comfortable, good bathroom, we were there in winter and the heating was very efficient. Great place to stay, highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

A little gem that offers a wonderful experience of the chinese way of life
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast was tasty and varied, but many hot dishes were served almost cold.

This is a beautiful hotel inside a hutong in Beijing. Very clean, safe, and located in a very convenient neighborhood, with plenty of restaurants and a supermarket nearby.There is a metro station within walking distance, and you can book tours to the Great Wall and other attractions with the staff. The girls at the front desk and the bar are very kind and professional. I was traveling with my mother, who is a senior lady, and she was really delighted with the treatment we received. We stayed in room no.58. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay, and I would surely return some day.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

An amazing atmospheric Hutong style hotel.
    • Happy Family Room

An amazing atmospheric Hutong style hotel. Beautiful large spacious rooms, hearty breakfasts, very friendly English speaking staff. Walking distance to restaurants and Beijing Metro Station

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Overall, a really clean and pleasant stay. Service was excellent.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

We traveled in mid December. The breakfast was really good, but I recommend they find a way to warm the plates so that food does not go cold so quickly. Small point, but would be nice touch.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They assisted me with any request I had. We found access to subway easy. If, however, you cannot walk approximately a half mile to facilities, then this may not be good location for you. Worked great for us.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

From the beginning, Xiao Niu and Louise gave us an...
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

In the twin room, the bed next to the window was very cold. There also weren't any slippers to wear around the room.

From the beginning, Xiao Niu and Louise gave us an incredibly warm welcome. It was well-done and beautiful. Every recommendation that they gave us for food was outstanding, along with their advice on what to see and what to do. They gave us the contact information for activities not typically associated with the hotel when we asked and were all-in-all hospitable, kind and welcoming. We will definitely come again. Also, the breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Lovely friendly traditional courtyard hotel

It was all good

Amazing friendly staff. Great traditional courtyard hotel with Chinese furniture. Very comfortable. Pretty good buffet breakfast. Coffee average but that’s he same everywhere in Beijing. I loved this hotel and would stay again. Staff were eager to help with everything.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

The decor was lovely, especially the bed I found fantastic...
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

It was hard to find, you really have to look hard for signs on the street to find your way initially. They do speak english so you can call if you get lost. My advice if you get the metro is to ask them to send someone for you!

The decor was lovely, especially the bed I found fantastic (and had a proper mattress). Non smoking rooms. Quirky and nice set up, I imagine in the summer it would be lovely to hang out in the courtyard which is beautifully set up. Extra clean and the staff were extrememly helpful and mostly spoke very good english. They helped set up tours from the hotel whic h was great. Breakfast each morning had a good choice of Chinese and a decent attempt at western :p. The western tea and coffee was apprecitaed! It would be ideal for a couple, very romantic decor.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Charming traditional hotel

Everything was great.

This was a charming hotel located in a Hutong in Beijing. If you're looking for a typical Beijing experience this is the hotel for you. The bed was extremely comfortable. We were a little cold the first night and so asked for an extra blanket. My friend and I were both given an extra duvet each which was greatly appreciated. The room was traditional Chinese style and we loved it. The reception staff were especially friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Lovely, welcoming hotel with superb service and attention to detail
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

We ran out of hot water on one day but had no problems for the rest of the stay.

The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The room was spotless and cleaned daily. Breakfast was excellent, with a great selection of Chinese and Western food. In spite of its central location, it was very peaceful.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

A fabulous old charm tuck away in hutong
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Just because it sits in hutong (extremely narrow lane-way), most of drivers won't drop you right in front. If you don't wish to walk perhaps ask if the hotel could book the transport for you.

A very charming hotel. We felt like we have been transported back in time. Hotel staff was amazing, especially Louise and another lady with specs and short hair. They were super capable - answering gazillion questions from us, provided us with directions, showed us where yummy Peking Duck was, sorted our taxi to the airport and even booked us to Chinese Opera. We briefly mentioned that it was our 10th year anniversary, they have prepared a 1.5L of bubbly for us at their bar, we felt spoilt. Huge variety of breakfast buffet, i particularly loved the congee (too easy to feed me). short walk to subway station. Ms Su from the travel who took us to Chinese Opera was great. Picked us up right in front of the hotel, drove us there safely and she was there as our show finished.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Great experience in old Beijing.
    • Happy Family Room

Location is very close to sights, food and metro, however just be aware that taxi drivers or cars booked on Didi may cancel on you due to the narrow street. Hotel staff are more than happy to call for taxis though, which helped us a lot.

Wonderful service, staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Cosy, unique decor and very clean rooms. Lots of reading material in many languages.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

I strongly recommend this hotel.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

Staffs are so kind and helpful. Beautiful and historical building. Perfect cleaning service. Delicious breakfast. Easy to get to subway station. If I will visit Beijing again, I'll stay in this hotel again. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Authentic China Experience with modern service
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Nothing to complain for us! We got what we wanted. But if you need very best comfort, this may not for you. While it is updated to serve International travelers, there is a limit to what they can do - heater is centrally controlled (not individually per room), no bath tab, also walking through the narrow street can be a problem for some people.

We really liked the TRADITIONAL CHINA feel of the hotel itself and the surrounding area. Beijing was an add-on city on the way to Shanghai for us with very limited time to explore. The hotel staff helped us book tours as soon as we got there so we could maximize our short stay. We took two tours - in-city attractions and the great walls. I had email exchanges with the hotel about options they offered prior to the arrival which made it easier to plan our stay. Their breakfast was wonderful - many choices. They even packed our breakfast when we had an early departure prior to the breakfast time. It was a nice stay. Will high recommend to anyone who would like to enjoy TRADITONAL CHINA feel.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Lovely hotel, wonderful rooms, wonderful breakfast.
    • Super Value - Chinese-style Deluxe Double Room

Lovely hotel, wonderful rooms, wonderful breakfast. Very, very friendly staff, speaking perfect english, organize all additional trips, help whenever they can. I do really recommend that hotel, I loved my stay there. Easy to reach with subway, Dongsi Station.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Superb location for a true feel of Beijing and their warm people.
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

The staff was tremendous from the moment of check in. Extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Great showers and climate control. The atmosphere and decor was very authentic and charming.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Worthy to try
    • Happy Family Room

We're impressed by the traditional interior design and decorations. It's excellent to have modern facilities such as bathroom, WIFI, computer and TVs

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Amazing place in a perfect location
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Wedding Room

The hotel room was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious with a wide assortment of foods to choose from. More than anything else, the staff was outstanding! We loved this place!

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

My fiancé and I stayed here on our first trip to Beijing and...
    • Chinese-style Deluxe Twin Room

My fiancé and I stayed here on our first trip to Beijing and we had the best experience. The hotel is in a hutong, and we cannot imagine a better way to get to know the city. The hotel was extremely clean and our room was lovely. We also really enjoyed the breakfast everyday, which actually was a highlight of our trip. The hotel is very well situated -- we really enjoy walking and were able to get to all of the main sites by walking (Forbidden City, Lama Temple, Tiananmen Square, the Imperial Hutong, etc.). However, if walking is not your thing, it is also close to a subway stop, which we found very convenient for getting to different neighborhoods we wanted to explore. Cannot recommend this place enough!

Browse Beijing Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery