Reviews of Beijing Qianyuan Hotel

No.19 Dongzhimennei Ave, Dongcheng, 100007 Beijing, China

#59 of 594 hotels in Beijing

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Concierge staff to improve their english.

The Bamboo Room was big, the bathroom huge, the water power in the shower was amazing, very clean and comfy. Floor to ceiling windows. Only 6 metro stops away from Tian'anmen Sq (with 1 line change), on a street with many many restaurants who sell chilly crayfish and all sorts of yummy food. Wangfujing is 1 stop earlier than Tian'anmen Sq. 15 min walk to the Metro station. The staff have very basic english (people working at the reception are the best to ask questions from). I was very happy to have been upgraded to a suite when I had returned for 1 night, so if you can afford it, take the suite; it is divine and it has even a TV in the mirror next to the bathtub and a second toilet!! Bank right next door to get money out BUT to exchange foreign currency you can ONLY ONLY do it at the Bank of China (nowhere else!!!). It was a great stay and I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Cleanliness is an issue as for 6 days my room was not properly cleaned even once - it was not vacum-cleaned and the bathroom was not cleaned either except for the sink (I found the same hair that fell on the floor when I was drying it 4 days later!). However this may be true for other places in China as well as the same happened in Shanghai hotel regarding a two night stay - they just seem not to clean your room while you as the guest are in, but clean it properly only when you leave. In my opinion, bed was a bit hard too. Reception staff have a very limited knowledge of any foreign language ( I speak 4 and could not communicate with them in any of those 4 languages - English, Italian, Spanish, Serbian). I understand that they do not get many foreign tourists, but if the management does not need foreign tourists, I recommend that they put a remark that the hotel is for Chinese citizens only, otherwise do provide some language training for your reception staff, this is a 5 star hotel after all and it is not acceptable that in 3 shifts only two receptionists speak some English, it makes your foreign guests frustrated as they cannot get any useful information!

I stayed here twice in 9 days I spent in China. Both times I got a free upgrade - rooms are spacious and well equipped and they kept my luggage in their storage room for two days while I was in Shanghai which is much appreciated, Staff are nice and doing their best to help, however with a limited knowledge of any foreign language (not that I blame them as China generally does not have many foreign tourists, however this is a 5 star hotel and they should make some effort). The position of the hotel is excellent - close to Dongzhimen subway station, which is a hub for exploring the city and the last station for the Airport Express so that transportation is super easy. In addition, many restaurants are situated along the road where the hotel is so that dining out is also an easy option.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

This particular room wasn’t great at sound proofing, the street noise came through frequently at night with windows shut.

Excellent service & facilities, staff were helpful and friendly. Located next to the famous GuiJie - brilliant for foodies.

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

In general very friendly staff. However, some appear to be unable to cope with easiest requests. Quality of cleaning was not always up to standards.

Very good location. Nice and modern rooms.

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

They need to change the garbage bin in the restroom, it's definitely too old and looks dirty. The lobby has a tiny front desk with just one or two staffs, and the design of the hotel is really missing it...There were two TVs in the suite I stayed, and one of them is only facing the corner of a wall. And the switches in the room are just so confusing! There's no labels at all and you just have to try and remember which one is for which.

The hotel is right next to a famous night street with lots of late night restaurants. If you are into trying out the food, the location could be nice. The front desk staff upgraded my room to a suite during check in.

• Cosmic Deluxe Room

They was not so good in English.

Very good room. Even if I had problem with AC to get temperature lower than 22 degrees. Maybe it was due to that it was 40 degrees outside and it was to much. The minibar didn’t work for me. But still very good hotel.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Missunderstanding with staffs. Maybe the reasone for this was language barriere and diffierent facial expression. Deposit of 100 € is quite big.

All recomendations for this hotel!!! I am extremly impressed how the hotel looks comparing with other hotels in Beijing. Extremly clean!!!!, quite, big room, good aircondition, as well as wifi connection was great. Plus the hotel is very well located. Definately i will come back again!

• Bamboo Comfort Room

When I arrived my non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke. The smoke smell was gone the next morning and didn't return.

If you don't mind a little walking (10 minutes), then this is a great location. It's equidistant to two subway stations on different lines; one of the stations is also the terminus for the airport railway. There's a western-style mall a short distance away, and a host of local bars and restaurants nearby. There's a 7-11 just down the street for snacks and drinks. My room was clean and well-appointed.

• Cosmic Comfort Room

Currently there is some building going on. Some smoke came into the room.

Good location between two subway stations. Lots of restaurants near by. Excelent breakfast with a wide variety of chinese, japanese and european food.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

We only stayed one night, but we really enjoyed our stay. We ended up with a bigger room than originally booked and it was very spacious. The hotel is easy to access from the airport express metro.

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

The breakfast was really nice and the restaurant head Chef was so helpful and pleasant. He seemed to be the only staff member who spoke a lot of english. The reception staff did not speak very good english and this made it hard for tourist information.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

I was under the impression that the breakfast was included in the room price, but I learned that it was extra when I arrived.

The room was incredibly clean and comfortable. The hotel is also located in a fantastic area with easy access to great restaurants, parks and subway.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The wifi connection wasn't good. The towels don't smell clean or fresh. Very uncomfortable carpet to move the luggage.

Lots of options for breakfast. friendly staff. In love with the bathroom. comfortable bed.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The internet connection didn’t work sometimes.

Such a nice hotel! The staff is really friendly, they helped us to solve all the problems. The room is very big and clean. And the breakfast is really good!

• Bamboo Comfort Room

the cleanliness of the floors, the carpet and the dust in general should be MUCH better.

Good hotel situated 10 minutes walk from 2 subway (Beixinqiao and Dongzhimen from where you can also take the useful Airport Express). The area is full of restaurants and between the hotel and Dongzhimen subway you can find a seven eleven. The room and the bathroom were very big and the bed very comfortable. the furniture is modern and the room well decorated. Plenty of toilet accessories. we recommend this hotel.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The room temperature was very warm, even with the air on the lowest setting. Luckily it wasn't too hot outside during our trip.

This hotel is in a great location, close to subway lines, restaurants and stores. The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious, just like they appeared on the website. The staff was friendly, helpful, and provided good service. Food at the hotel restaurant was good, and I highly recommend the breakfast!

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Excellent breakfast selection. Closest underground stations about 7 mins in either direction. Lots of eateries of various kinds close by. Staff helpful though sometimes struggling with English. Rooms modern and stylish, airconditioning a bit hard to control.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Wifi was unreliable in the hotel room. Better in the common areas. Heat Wave in late March and no Air Conditioning available as they had not switched over their Central Air yet. Asked for a fan and they didn’t have any. Was told to open window. That would have been okay but Air Quality index was at 500 so we were letting in dirty air and still sleeping in uncomfortable temperatures (for us 26-28 Celsius) and breeze was minimal. This put a really negative experience on what would have been an really enjoyable stay.

Location was perfect for us, close to “ghost road” with many dining options open late into the night. Nice size room (Bamboo Comfort), bed a little firmer than we prefer. Clean Nice bathroom with deep soaker tub and separate rainfall shower. Walk-in closet with lots of storage. Fitness centre was good and included all you would need for a travelling workout. Staff was efficient and pleasant. Subways and Airport express within 10 minute walk. Restaurant was nice with decent prices for breakfast.

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

Price of drinks I was charged 38 rmb for a coke in lobby but their 9 rmb in my room.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Check-in was quick. The road in front of the hotel has many restaurants etc. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Pricey drinks and room service would be the only con I would have. Going to be my place to stay if ever back in Beijing.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Only a small remark - the gym had no towels or tissues to keep oneself clean and dry.

One of my most pleasant stays in Beijing. Even though staff members spoke poor English, they had great communication skills, sense of hospitality and common sense. They made sure clients were happy and satisfied. Full 10 score! Will definitely return there.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Everything was good during my stay but the only problem was that wifi connection was very poor. It's a bit frustrating hopefully they can improve their internet.

I really liked service of hotel. Rooms are clean and nice. Staff is very nice and try to be helpful at any moment. Seems like they are doing a great job.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Insufficient English level (cannot even support us in booking tickets online). It was blowing out of the window.

Very nice, big and clean room. About 10 minutes walk to ring subway station. Dongzhimen street is very nice, wide, with a lot of restaurants. Deposit is not very high (about 500 yuans).

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The deposit for the room was quite high which disappointed us first but that's no reason to give a bad rating. Everything else was GREAT!

The room was very big and clean! The bed was comfy and big. Slippers, toothbrushes, shampoo, bathing robes, etc. were provided and filled up each day. The location is next to a street with several restaurants which was quite nice. The next Subway station was close to the property. All in all we had a pleasant stay in Beijing!

Staff not trying enough.

Great hotel! Staff is not so friendly, hard to communicate. Room is well decorated, comfortable and well clean. Classy hotel! Good location and wonderful breakfast!

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The room was cold, after 20:30 you don’t have anything to do in the hotel, when you are going to do the check in the staff make you open your luggage....

The room Is great but anything more.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The food for breakfast was a bit weird, offering a variety of local cuisine with no options for familiar stuff like eggs and bacon.

I received a free upgrade on my room, and the room was extremely large, with 2 TV sets, large bed and a bath. This was the largest room I ever had in any hotel abroad.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The air conditioning does not work well.

Breakfast is quite good and varied. We arrived in Beijing by plane and went to the city through express airport to Dongzimen. Then you can either walk or take a taxi for 10 RMB. We had some doubts when booking because there is a bad hotel with similar name. But we had no problems. They charge an extra 15% on the booking amount. Comfortable beds.

I can not recall

It is modern and stylish. Very clean and spacious room. We even got upgraded room. Beds are comfortable. Staff is friendly and professional, they all speak good English.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Some times it takes very long to explain what you need. Very few talks and understands English.

The staff is very helpful even if they do not understand what you are asking about. Breakfast was very good. A lot of choices of food.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Excellent room and the staff work hard to look after your needs. Close to metro system that is very affordable and very good. It is a good area for a walk as well. Very happy we chose to stay here.

• Cosmic Deluxe Room

I had the perfect experience. Not one bad or negative thing to say.

I cannot express how much I enjoyed my stay at the Beijing Qianyuan Hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The internet connection was the best I ever had in China which is critical for me since I work remotely. The room was comfortable, fashionable, chic, everything worked perfectly. Location is perfect. I stayed in two hotels while in Beijing, the Qianyuan being the second hotel, my first hotel was by the Forbidden City. I highly suggest this area of Beijing because it is close to restaurants that are open 24 hours a day. Several tourist sights. It is very easy to get around Beijing and the friendly staff here will help you with ordering taxis or whatever you need. The hotel was perfect in every way. Having stayed in 4 & 5 star hotels across Europe and USA, I can assure this hotel is on par even better with those of Paris, Berlin, NYC or San Francisco which is where I live. I will even say the staff at the Qianyuan Hotel is better than most any other I have encountered. Each staff member I interacted with took it as their personal goal to make me happy and make sure I was satisfied. The staff's attention to detail is evident throughout the hotel. I really cannot say enough about how wonderful my stay here was. And again, regarding the internet, which again is critical to my work/business – it was the best I have had in China. I will be back in Beijing next year and will spend my entire trip in this hotel. It is that good.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The staff should help foreigners to buy tickets online for the Forbidden City, as they can help translate the site. If they don’t want to help then they should find a travel agency to refer their foreign guests to. We were directed to walk ten minutes down the road to buy tickets to the Forbidden City without a clue as to what the name of the shop was or what it looked like! And I speak Mandarin!

Great value and location. Lots to do around the hotel.

No complaints.

This hotel is close to a lot of activities and a metro line. They were happy to accept a package for us and help us with cabs. Everyone was nice. The room was wonderful. Very large with plenty of closet space and a large bathroom with a wonderful shower. The towels were large and fluffy.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

There was a bad smell in the toilets, I guess that it just the Chinese canal system.. Can't fix that!

The staff was really friendly and their English was good. We even got a free room upgrade!

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Some of the staff, especially in the restaurant, do not speak English. There is only Chinese breakfast.

Very good hotel, with huge and clean rooms. Will stay again.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

I have traveled a lot around the world but this is one of the best hotels for my experience. It is a perfect choice for those who is interested in design. Spacy apartment – in fact the room is an apartment with a bedroom, dining room, two toilets and a huge bath. Modern, new and tasteful design. Close to metro line 2. Nice staff. During the day shift the staff speaks fluent English, for the night shift – not so, but still helpful. I was worried about arranging a taxi for my early morning flight, but concierge was very helpful. No problem with taxi drivers al all. I hesitated a lot about this hotel and until the last moment I had booked other options. But after my visit I strongly recommend it.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

No guest laundry facilities available for self service.

Timberwork in the room was beautiful. Standard of finishings was excellent and modern and trendy. Dozens of restaurants within walking distance.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

A broken waterglass was charged with €5.

Very friendly stuff. Due to a construction area at the front street ( people are working also during the night) it was a little bit noisy. We got an even bigger room at the backside of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

First of all : I am a French person, living for 5 years in China and used to 5 stars hotels. The hotel was supposed to be "5 stars" however, even though it was not bad, it does not meet the 5 stars requirements to me : 1. No real entrance : you have to climb 8 steps to get to the very small parking entrance, no taxi would take you there, very small. There inot feeling at all. The building is also quite poor itself. 2. No lobby ! You enter through a small entrance where you have a guy waiting behind a small desk and ask you to take the lift to the 3rd floor 3. The check in is ridicuously small, only two desks for check in and check out, and most of the time I passed by, there was only one person. Had to wait a long time to check out. 4. Details and Finition of the room : I booked the luxury 58m² room, and it was nice, but if you pay attention to details, there is a lot to do : joints of the mirrors very rough, bathroom's door's lock does not work, old furniture (black wood) 5. Noisy : insonorization was very bad, fortunately I am not sensitive to noise. Klaxon day and night. Also, there was a meeting room in front of my room, and the staff was preparing it since 6am, very loudly. Need training !! 6. Door of the "luggage room" was open with keyw on and I could have stolen other guest's luggages 7. Breakfast : It is 2 to 3 stars hotel breakfast ! not 5 stars ! very, very poor. 8. Staff now well trained. Speaking loudly and laughing in elevators, seem not to be caring of the guests. when cleaning my room, the staff did not give new bottles of water, nor new towels. In a 5 stars hotel, the staff should be on the next level. 9. Fitness room : there is one, but it only has 5 machines, very limited. But anyway, still OK for business travel. 10. Internet is very slow.

Room's size and design.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

It was a bit of a hike from the tube station - mainly because the footpath on both sides of the street was being ripped up and you had to walk in the road (presumably only a temporary issue).

We mainly stayed in more modest accommodation on our trip but we had to make a late change of plans and this was available. I'm not really sure how it compares to similar hotels but i thought it was flash. The rooms were a good size, very modern and comfortable and it was spotlessly clean. The reception staff spoke English but the doormen not so much.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Reasonably priced! Love the hotel! It was very comfortable!! The location was great, next to it was the Gui Jie and we could get to Lama Temple within 20 minutes of walking.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Bamboo Comfort Room

at the time we were there, begining of April, there is no way to get the room cool ; it is over heated even with the heating off, and there is no possibility to open a window. View not really good. There is almost nobody speaking english. And extremely poor english. Except an excellent staff at the reception, Leo, very helpful and almost fluent in english. A very bad start with the manager when she told me I had to pay the breakfast for my 8 year old daughter, pretending it was not booked with her breakfast and it is always the case in China, only 2 breakfast per room. She was lying as I did not face any problem in Shanghai, and it was clearly mentioned on my reservation. Leo sorted all out. Finally, at the end of the stay, she even did not give me 2 hours extra and she charged me half of the room rate for an extra 4 hours. And at 06pm sharp, electricity went off in our room not even waiting for us to be in the corridor...not really professional. Thanks Leo anyway. Poor facilities ; no swimming pool, no sauna, gym very small...

Breakfast was acceptable for a foreigner, however it is not refilled often. Very good coffee. Big and clean room. A lot of rstaurants around. Metro station less than 10 minutes walk. Large bed and comfortable. Good TV channels

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Not informed that Executive Lounge was closed for repairs. Extensive roadworks in the area, and no guide to taxis to turn in. Wi Fi signal is very weak.

Room is very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping very attentive and polite. Chef is very attentive, food obviously very good and refined. But no tea and bacon for English breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Bamboo Comfort Room

2 adjacent street blocks are currently undergoing repaving and many restaurants undergoing street front refurbishment therefore we had to negotiate our way walking onto/off the road - a challenge among the busy, chaotic Beijing roads! Once all works have been finished the area will be a delightful place to stay and enjoy suburban/residential Chinese culture and lifestyle opposed to the downtown city tourist area.

The location was great - surrounded by a large number of authentic Chinese Restaurants; within walking distance of Lama Temple and only 500 metre walk to Airport Express Train. There seemed to be always at least one staff member at reception who spoke English. All staff were helpful ordering taxis and advising driver of our intended destination with hotel business cards given to us to help find our way back to the hotel. We stayed at 2 Beijing locations - one in the centre of the city and this one - both were very different and brought different experiences. We enjoyed both locations. Taxi fare to Wangfujing Street was approx 35-40RMB so not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Cosmic Comfort Room

some corners are not very clean. less option for western style breakfast.

staffs at 1st floor are very nice. hotel is not far from endstation of airport express.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The staffs were super helpful, and very friendly. Bed and sheets are clean, the room is spacious with a huge bathroom and a luggage compartment, just like in the picture. The location is close to a famous restaurant street.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Only a few people at the hotel spoke English, it was sometimes difficult to explain things. Not every website worked when using the WiFi, but this is not a hotel issue obviously.

Wide breakfast selection, both european and asian cuisine. Hotel is new, nice interior design. Kind hotel personnel. Lots of reastaurants and a metro station close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

Restaurant and food wasn't great and was expensive

Interior design and the outdoor patio bar overlooking Beijing. Easy walk to many restaurants and to Airport Express

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Housekeeping. EVERY DAY they only left ine towel! For two of us!! Every day for 5 days we had to ring to get them to bring more. Next morning they took it away again and didn't replace it!!!!!!! On one occasion a whole drawer disappeared! Couldn't get any sense out of them and it never got replaced.

Comfortable quiet large rooms

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Everything. The location is perfect. The hotel is next to Guijie where you can find a lot of restaurants nearby. Room is clean. Hotel staffs are friendly.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Very nice breakfast. The hotel is near the station to the Airport Express, therefore we chose to stay there the night before we had to departure to the Airport.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Nothing! We truly enjoyed our stay!

My best friend and I stayed at the Beijing QianYuan hotel for 7 nights (Room 1002). The service was excellent! All the staff members were very welcoming and friendly. Upon arrival, the front desk agent (spoke English) informed us about nearby restaurants and best ways (time and most cost effective) to get to attractions. Our housekeeper was amazing! She always had a smile on her face. Thanks to her, our room was spot clean and well stocked everyday. The room assigned to us was not the same as the picture on Booking, but honestly I liked our room better. The bathroom is huge, with a lovely bathtub and separate shower. The bed is very comfy and we liked that it's not super soft. The only thing is that we wished there was a vent in the bathroom, but thank goodness the window can be opened. The location is unbeatable! Right on the famous Ghost Street (Gui Jie) with so many restaurants that we never ate at the same place twice! The airport's about 25 min away. We took the taxi to get to the hotel and it was about 70Yuan. The Line 2 subway is only 8-10 min walk away. For travelers who anticipate to use the subway frequently, we recommend that you purchase the metro card. It's easy to recharge and you won't have to purchase a ticket for every ride. Also, if you are planning to take the S2 train to the BaDaLing Great Wall at the Beijing North Railway Station, you will not have to buy a separate train ticket as long as you have at least 16Yuan balance on the card. It really is the cheapest way to get there. The taxi driver quoted us 700Yuan for a day, but he said normally they will take you there and wait till you're done and then drive you back, however long you may take. Make sure you get to the station early, as there was already a crazy crowd when we got there at around 7AM. Be prepared to get pushed and shoved, because the crowd will run like crazy towards the train once the door opens (seats not assigned).

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Bad food and expensive. Wonder there was no one in the restaurant, just me. Once of the staff had an attitude. They don't know how to guide their customers.

Clean

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

The phone in my room wasn't working properly.

Staff are very friendly and helpful, great location with plenty of restaurants around. Spaceous room and quite.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Prime location. Friendly staff. Clean and modern room.

Bar

Rooms and location

Breakfast starts at 7.. too late

Big and clean rooms

• Cosmic Deluxe Room

Breakfast was average. Did not begin before 7am.

Location... Between 2 subway Stations. Line 5 & 13. 7 minutes walk.

• Cosmic Comfort Room

Staff was very helpful and nice

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

Location, cleanliness, quality of room & bed, surrounding area

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The shower is excellent! The location is convenient and the breakfast is great. We love this hotel.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The lobby separate between check-in and main entrance , felt sense of unsecured

Room size, cleaness, decor

• Cosmic Deluxe Room

Access to the rest of the city

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Great sized room, very comfortable. Towel service was better than last time we stayed there

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Couldn't get wifi working for most sites

Close to metro and restaurants, very clean, great room.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

1. Early check-in. 2. Help with receiving my deliveries from online shopping.

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Worst wifi i’ve seen in decades

location is good , lots of restaurants nearby

• Bamboo Deluxe Room

Bad smell from the kitchen and the toilet. Need to hold my breath in the room.

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The staff is very friendly

• Bamboo Comfort Room

convienent location for shopping and restaurant

Concierige should learn English language

everything Good

• Bamboo Comfort Room

The location is amazing, right on the food-street!!!

The Room is Quite Big and comfortable

• Bamboo Comfort Room

Great location, near Metro and with many choices of food on the same streetSt

Aircon wasn’t cold