Reviews of Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing

No.1 Nanwanzi Alley, Dongcheng, 100006 Beijing, China

#211 of 594 hotels in Beijing

5.6

Days inn staff are the worst
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

The staff had try to cheat my money twice. They pretend they didn’t get my authorization and attempt to charge twice. After I checkout, I look at the bill and find out that they ty to overcharge me again! I stop them and make sure they print the updated billing to me. Also, my credit card was authorized without telling me. Jesus! Unacceptable!

Not much to mention.

Room not value for money

TV, Carpet and Bed

Receptionist service seem polite, cleanliness of room but TV is old model and dots appeared on screen. Carpet in the room torn without replacement makes the room looks old.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great location for visiting main attractions in the city.
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Wifi speed in our room was slow sometimes.

Location is excellent. It is in city centre, close to the main attractions. Wangfujing street and subway station are also very close. Staff speaks very good english.

Looks nice from the outside but definitely not worth the price
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Pretty much everything else. The staff at the reception can barely speak English so they are no help at all. The initial room that we were given reaked of cigarette smoke and was pretty dirty. The walls and the furniture was very worned out. On the second night we were moved to a second room because we complained of the smell but the second room was just as ugly. And of course neither room even had a window that we could open. In my view for the practilly $90 USD that I paid per night this hotel is a complete rip off.

The only thing that I liked about this hotel was the location.

We had a basement room and wondered if would be OK, but it...
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

We had a basement room and wondered if would be OK, but it did have a window it was high up, but was good to let light in. The hotel was close to shops etc,

Location just great ! - avoid basement rooms, they are the real disappointment
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

We stayed in the dreaded basement room. I had my expectation leveled even before reaching there but it was even worse than expected. Okay I am ready to accept that it has low light & small window at the top but what I will definitely will not accept : The Bathroom tile corners were broken & had a tint of Muck. The bathroom stinked & spread horrible odor every time you use the flush. Important Note: Beijing metro lines 1&2 are quite old. They do not have escalators :X, so if you plan to travel using the metro, with big suitcases, best wishes carrying them 50 steps up & down !!. I was frustrated & exhausted doing this activity multiple times. The hot & humid weather din't help either. It was just this fatigue that I did not fight with the staff, just crashed into the bed & not change my room.

The Location !!! Tian'amen Square + Forbidden City right round the corner. Tian'amen East Metro Station is at walk-able Distance as well. The Breakfast at the attached Restaurant is well worth! found 2 vegan options nearby :) If you do not chose the basement room, the Hotel has a pleasant feel.

Great location, but expensive for what you get
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

The price was quite high for what we got. Our room in the basement with absolutely no ventilation (towels didn't dry, even in 2 days). There was no elevator and we had a baby in a stroller. Staff was friendly until we had to check out and there was some miscommunication with our payment. It was a pity that they got quickly agitated.

Location is great! The hotel is close to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Staff was overall friendly. Room was equipped with a fridge, tea and fresh water.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We did not enjoy our stay at this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were charged a 200 yuan bond and it was not returned to us - the office staff said they do not take bond but they requested we pay 200 yuan cash at check in!!?? The wifi was also misleading for sign in! The carpets were very dirty. Staff were quite abrupt.

The location was very central

A comfortable bed, efficient air-conditioning, good...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I thought the facility was rather basic, especially the bathroom.

A comfortable bed, efficient air-conditioning, good night's sleep in this quiet, garden facing room.

Staff were amazing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were amazing.. We were able to check in early and leave our bags there all day after checking out.. The tours they had were great we did the Great Wall Tour there were only 4 of us on the tour and the guide spoke great english! Location is fantastic for Forbidden City and very close to subway stop! Highly recommend

Pretty happy to be at Inn but could have felt betterb
    • Deluxe Double Room

I personally field the daily rate is rather high. As the name reflects, its not a hotel... it labels itself as an inn only ... probably the rate I would have been all right for the kind of room if it had been inclusive of breakfast and some basic facilities for exercises.

Locational convenience: 1. Served by 2 subway stations; 2. close to major attractions, namely, Tienan Men Square, Forbidden City, and Mao Mausoleum; 3. walking distance to major shopping area, 4. Plenty of choiced meal around.

Hotel gets by on its location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The helpfulness of staff was inconsistent. One staff member was great, however we mostly ran into sub-par service. The rooms themselves felt dirty and dungy. You are paying for the location.

The location was superb. Walking distance to the forbidden city, Tienanmen square, pedestrian walk-way and a large park. Lots of options for food, and within a 10-min walk to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant. The hotel offers tours and the hotel has a western/Chinese restaurant attached if you're worried about food options. The staff spoke English and was courteous.

location was great, between tiananmen square and wangfujing...
    • Deluxe Double Room

even though smoking is forbidden within the hotel, some guests still do, so there might be a lingering cigarette smell from time to time

location was great, between tiananmen square and wangfujing street (late afternoon rush hour makes it difficult to hail a cab from here) staff was extremely helpful in many occasions

The position is very comfortable for Forbidden City, Houtong...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A member of the staff is not so kind with foreign visitors. Other members, the ladies, have been very kind and welcoming.

The position is very comfortable for Forbidden City, Houtong and Lama Temple.

The staff in the restaurant were kind (though they...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Here are the following reasons why you should not stay here... ~My room was dirty. ~The carpet was covered in stains ~The bottom of the shower was lined with black mold... which should clearly be a health-code violation but whatever. ~Everything seemed pretty outdated in the room. ~The staff doesn't speak a word of English which made things pretty difficult and frustrating ~I was told that breakfast was included in the price. When I got there, it wasn't and I couldn't show them proof because Google isn't allowed in China. Breakfast was only about 80 RMB, but I don't like paying for things twice. They made me feel like I was being cheated. ~The staff wasn't very welcoming. ~For a basic room, the total cost was about $115 (which is not what it says on booking.com) because they require you to pay a deposit of about 300RMB. They give it back to you when you check-out but it would have been nice to know about it before hand. The taxes were a bit expensive as well. But total, the room was about $80 USD. Sorry but this place really sucked and I highly recommend that you do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. It's not with your money or your time. They caused me a lot of unnecessary stress and had I not stayed at a better hotel after this one, it would have ruined my whole trip.

The staff in the restaurant were kind (though they couldn't speak English). And the people in the neighborhood were nice and helpful when I got lost.

Great location but that’s all
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It is the most dirty hotel I’ve ever been too. Enormous stains on the carpet, curtains so dirty you are afraid to touch them and a fungus in the fridge

Clean bed linen and towels

Great location! A bit expensive but the location of makes up for it, mostly

The hotel staff speak little to no English except the lady at the tourism desk. She is really helpful and nice. The cafe staff is slow and doesn’t seem to care about guests. The cafe manager however picked up the slack when I looked unhappy.

Location is awesome. Just 20 walk to Tian An Men.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bath plug didn't work and the shower in the bath was not full height. The decor in the passages was very tired which made the hotel look worse than it is. The front desk staff were efficient but quite abrupt. There is no bar

Very close to the Forbidden City and just off the main street so quiet. There is a good local restaurant right outside the entrance and a couple more nearby. Good Chinese and Western breakfast.

Average comfort hotel but excellent location near POI.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Front desk service is just average, doesn't seem to be that friendly. They can't even 'try' to book us a cab (we have 2 large luggage case) to another hotel, reason being traffic heavy and not likely to get a cab.

Ideally located to the Tiananmen, Forbidden city and Wangfujing pedestrian street.

What you would expect from standard Hotel. Great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had some issues with charges regarding check in and check out. It took 4 separated charges and reversals on my credit card to finally get things right.

Location was great. Reasonable standard hotel room. Must say I like that fresh toothbrushes were supplied. :)

Great location. OK bed. The rest sucks.
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Filthy and stinky room in basement, some noise in the night, dark room. Nothing I'd be surprised of. Good that I didn't travel with my wife :o)

I knew what I'm going to get for price paid so no big surprise. You can expect clean bed linen, hot water in shower and more or less safe environment. That's it! And that location !!

Well locted. Perfect room
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Perfect location near wanfuging and the tianamen sq. exelent room and facility The staff speking english and happy to help Very comfy bed. Many facility in the room. Really enjoy

Nice and convenient location.
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Staff were as majority of all Chinese - very little English and no smiles.

Nice and convenient location. Good value for money. Staff were as majority of all Chinese - very little English and no smiles.

Will return for sure
    • Deluxe Double Room

Couldn't get the heating to work but the duvet was really warm so made up for that. Coordinates that is published was 700 metres away from the hotel but hve provided the manager with the correct ones to be updated.

Location was perfect, very clean and double bed was so big. Automatic currency exchange machine in the receptio, first time ever used one and impressive.

The Hotel has a good location if you are travelling to...
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

The Hotel has a good location if you are travelling to Beijing for few days. It allows you to easily connect anywhere in the city. The staff in the hotel were not very friendly neither explanatory about rates and deposit that you have to pay once you've checked in. As a foreigner you are always suspicious of any extra charge or possible scam.

It is VERY central, really can't beat it.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It is VERY central, really can't beat it. Literally around the corner of Tiananmen Square and the forbidden city. Very big rooms, clean, big shower, heating

Value for money

Wifi doesn´t work very well and the staff is very slow at reception making some mistakes in our check in.

Well located. Very clean. The staff speaks English.

Reasonable and recommened
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

No telephone signal if you stay in the Basement rooms

good and quiet location next to the forbidden city palace and walk 10 mins to wangfujing / staff is nice and lunch at hotel resturant get 30 off

Its a cheap hotel near all the mayor landmarks and metro stations.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel is noisy and on top of that, my window faced the back and the were moving bottles around. The VOD system didn't work, 99% of the tv channels are in chinese and internet is terribly slow. Bring a good book with you.

Its a cheap hotel near all the mayor landmarks and metro stations.

Location perfect, quiet and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Expensive for what it offers but you are paying for the prime location.

If you avoid the cheaper basement rooms the other rooms are comfortable, warm and light. Revamped restaurant is good for lunch and dinner didn't try their breakfast. English speaking staff who try to be helpful. Location is excellent easy walking distance to the Forbidden City , Tienamin square and night markets as well as plenty of restaurants.

Excellent location, clean, but decor and facilities in need of renewal and refurbishment.

Room was tired and in need of a refresh. Entire hotel looked dated and in need of modernisation. Outside pictures accurate, inside pictures misleading.

Very close to city centre and Forbidden City/T'man Square

We thoroughly enjoyed Beijing for 5 days through the courtesy and planning of a tour guide.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel restaurant was closed for renovations, so even though we had booked breakfast included, there was nothing. We were encouraged to visit an adjacent hotel, where there was almost nothing available of a western breakfast and the price was 80 yuan. MacDonalds, about 5 blocks further away, gave us an egg MacMuffin and coffee for 16 yuan.

Conveniently located (but actually quite far from the Forbidden City). Reasonably fresh in appearance.

Carpet was not very clean.

Carpet was not very clean. Rooms were cramped. Staff was neutral. I had hoped it would be better for a familiar chain...it was pretty much what I expect from a Days Inn in the US

It Couldn't Be More Convenient
    • Queen Room - Basement

I expected breakfast with our booking, and I thought more English would be spoken.

We only had a short time and this place was very convenient to places that tourists visit.

Good not great
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls had noodle stains on them and mirrors just looks dirty and like someone just stayed there And ac was still very hot But staff very kind and tours offered were great

Staff very kind

Nice hotel in a good location near to Tianenmen Square.
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Good location. Friendly staff. Ten quid in a taxi from the airport. Near to a restaurant and bars. There was a restaurant right next door and a meal for 2 was 10 quid. Across the main road was a hotel with a rooftop bar. Couldn't ask for more from a hotel in Beijing really. Would use it again in the future.

nice hotel within walking distance of the major tourist...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

lighting in the room very dim

nice hotel within walking distance of the major tourist attractions, area a bit more upmarket tourist Beijing where we always felt safe. Restaurant was closed which meant we got out a lot more and had street food as well as eating at a pretty fair restaurant over the road.

The courteous and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms are badly designed with little place for toiletries etc., carpets and furniture old and stained. The tolerance of smoking in the corridors and lighting up in the reception area as well. Non smoking should be enforced as smoke permeates through the doors and creates discomfort to guests. Very unpleasant.

The courteous and helpful staff. They did the best they could with a hotel badly in need of renovation. The owners could renovate one or two rooms at a time and eventually the job would be done. We had an excellent tour of The Great Wall, organised by reception at a very good price. The hotel is in a very good location being within a comfortable walk to The Forbidden Palace and Tiananmen Square. We had our favourite restaurants not far from the hotel also the Night Markets, full of street food, restaurants and all sorts of commodities just ten to fifteen minutes walk. When you visit the Drum and Bell Towers, ( Metro Gulou) and you feel like a change of food, I can recommend a really good, well priced Korean Restaurant not far from the subway entrance, called 3 O'Clock. All I can give you is the phone 01064070335, hope your Mandarin is up to scratch.

Pleasent and secure accommodations.
    • Queen Room - Basement

Having a breakfast area would have been helpful. Breakfast is not provided at this location.

Being in China the desk personnel spoke very good English and was very pleasent.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Location, location, location.
    • Queen Room - Basement

The location was excellent. So close to Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Wangfujing Street. Very helpful staff at all times and very good value.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The star attraction is the location: Tiananmen Square, The...
    • Queen Room - Basement

The star attraction is the location: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, National Museum of China, etc., are all located at a convenient walking distance from the hotel. Both Tiananmen East and Wangfujing metro stations (Line 1) are located close to the hotel, which is another plus point. One can easily find plenty of restaurants/eateries in the surrounding area. The buffet breakfast provided at the hotel's restaurant is also impressive.

The location very close to Tiananmen square and Wangfujiang...
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms in need of renovation. Old worn carpet.

The location very close to Tiananmen square and Wangfujiang street makes this a great hotel for tourists in Beijing. The price is therefore reasonable. Comfortable bed, cushions and comforter. Kettle in room and complementary mineral water. Some English spoken at reception desk, check-in and check-out fast.

our stay in Beijing
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the room seemed to be limited to the table lamps only making it quite dim in the evenings.

The hotel is located very close to the Forbidden city and Wangfujing street. Our twin room was spacious with comfortable beds (softer than typically in China) and had good shower facilities. The staff spoke reasonable English but as this was my fourth time in Beijing we were quite self-reliant and did not require much assistance. So communication with the hotel's staff was limited to the check in/ check out. We did not go for the breakfast option so cannot comment on that.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Terribly dirty and unkempt hotel
    • Queen Room - Basement

The room was terrible. Cockroaches on the floor; mold in the bathroom shower; carpet dirty and stained; toilet would only flush once, the next time you went, it didn't flush so needed to keep having them come fix it. Overall, a very poor experience not worth the low price. I would rate this only a 1 or 2 at most - the 4.6 generated by the algorithm is quite a bit too high of a score for this hotel. I certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Great, convenient location

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Walking distance to local points of interest and to Metro station to get to other sites.
    • Queen Room - Basement

Toilet was not working well. Helpful hint: Do not book a basement room.

Good location. Short 15 minute walk to metro station, 20 minutes to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City or to Wanfujing St. area.

While I didn't expect a lot from this place -- I just...
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

While I didn't expect a lot from this place -- I just wanted a small place from which to explore Beijing after a work trip -- I was disappointed by the cleanliness and upkeep. The room didn't smell so good and there were stains on the flooring, carpet, walls, and more. Tip: cross the street from the hotel driveway, and keep walking away from the hotel. Turn left onto the street behind the building opposite the hotel, turn right onto the next one, then turn left again. You'll find a famous area for street food in the alleys on the right. It's hard to find but super close. Open till 10pm.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Desk staff could not get visa to work on check-in, I had to put cash deposit of $800 usd. I checked mid stay and visa worked, but during checkout visa didn't work once again. 45 minutes to checkout, using 3 different cards. Staff called us two taxi, they were not willing to take two person and two suitcases, per taxi. I told hotel staff I needed taxi 5 days before checkout. We were late to our train and had to re-book. We also got bug bites on our arms. This hotel does not deserve the Days Inn name.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great location. Needs to improve cleanliness
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We had to try 2 rooms before finding the one that we could stay at. The first one smelled a lot like pee, the second one like someone had been smoking in there for hours (note that smoking is not allowed in this hotel). Finally they gave us another room with no smells.

The location is great. So close to Tiananmen Square and the subway

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The staff were courteous;
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Insufficient lighting in the room. Apart from the overhead light at the door, there were only two small lamps - inadequate for reading or to see well in spaces not covered by those lamps.

The staff were courteous; when asked for help (e.g., re: wi-fi, cab), they made the effort to provide what was needed.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Amazing location. Please clean the carpet!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets need steam cleaning - badly stained. This needs immediate attention as it makes the rooms look run down, when they are quite comfortable. Service varies depending on who is looking after you.

Breakfast was good value. Freshly made omelettes and good choice. Comfortable king size bed. The hotel is in an amazing location near The Forbidden City and one block to Wangfujing.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great staff! The place could be cleaner, though.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms could be a little cleaner. Found a big pile of dust behind the TV, for example. I'm also not a big fan of the sliding doors they use for the bathroom, but it's bearable.

Amazingly helpful staff! When we came to check in I didn't have my passport with me (which you need to check in). Even though I can barely form a sentence in Chinese they understood my problem and made the check-in go on without a hitch.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

city hotel near Tiananmen/Forbidden
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor Internet access of the ff: Facebook, Messenger & Google However, WeChat and Viber has excellent signal

*Accessibility we discovered a short cut from forbidden city going back to the hotel. *safety *friendly and accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

credit card reader had problems reading my credit card but...

credit card reader had problems reading my credit card but they insisted it was my card that had the problem. was required to make a cash deposit. Was able to use my credit card at Wangfujing with no problems at all.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Room smelled like cigarette smoke
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

-room is old and smells bad, like if people used (?) to smoke in it. I did not like it at all -every time we showered, there would be a puddle of water coming out of somewhere -it was difficult to communicate properly with people at the reception because they did not speak English fluently -staff is not the friendliest I've experienced

-good location if you know where you're going (we got lost, and people on the street could not help us because they did not speak English) -even though the room was not the cleanest, the beds were really comfortable and clean -good curtains that made the room really dark -good breakfast options, but pricey

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

fair location, rude staff
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

rude staff and cigarette smell in the corridor. If you need the receipt for your company, it has a lot of time to communicate with staff (Chinese receipt only and no detail) 2 hours for correct receipt. and if you want good service I would suggest another hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

good location but poor service
    • Queen Room - Basement

weak wifi even can use after midnight i asked receptionist but they can't speak english fluently and can't explain why doesn't it work

good location near wangfujing street

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Excellent location, right near Wangfujing Street and within...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location, right near Wangfujing Street and within walking distance of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Professional staff and comfortable room, if a little on the small side. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Next time staying most probably in other hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was dirty. Smell of smoking in room and corridors. Staff had messed with resevations and they weren't so active to clear it.

Location is excellent! Staff was happy and smily.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great place for English-speaking tourists!
    • Budget double room - basement level

Since you must put in the key card for electricity, our room could get a little musty. It was only because we didn't spend much time in the room (it was a basement room). We only were there at night to sleep & headed out to the sights in the morning. So be sure to run the air while in the shower to cut down on the humidity.

I liked everything about the place! The staff was super helpful (I had an issue, and they helped me resolve it with an outside company; they spoke with them in Chinese about my issue). I was easily able to speak with them (I speak English; no Chinese). Best part of this was that it was a 10 minute walk to Tienanmen Square & Forbidden City. 10 min walk in other direction to the mall and Wangfuxing shopping area, and metro. Subway was a great way to get around!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

You have to enter your passport number to logon to Wi-Fi. That's probably not their fault. It's probably a government requirement. It's true that the bathroom door consists of somewhat smokey glass so it's not all that private. Their laundry service was too spend for us.

The beds were soft enough for me, and I hate hard beds. Not too noisy, considering its location.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Perfect location in Beijing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Apart from breakfast the restaurant food both asian and western was ordinary.

Great location about 10 minutes walk to Tianamen Square or the Forbidden City. Lots of restaurants nearby and only about 3 blocks from food and market alleys. Included hotel breakfast was great (particularly the omelettes made to order). Room was a good size and was quite modern. I was in a 2nd floor room in the annex building.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Days in Days Inn Forbidden City
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very cheap looking rooms, which haven't seen a fresh paint in a long time. Cigarette smell in the hallway. Staff who didn't want to call the taxi, assuming that the taxi driver wouldn't have wanted to drive me where I wanted to go.

The hotel is in a really good location - just a walk distance from the Forbidden City and the city centre. I had my towels changed daily :)

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Very good location and staff
    • Budget double room - basement level

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Hotel location is advantage; you can walk to subway (Tian'anmen East station and Wangfujing station), Tian'anmen Square and Forbidden City as well as Wangfujing street for Shopping malls and famous food street within 5-10 minutes.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good for a short stay
    • Budget double room - basement level

The staff was not very pleasant, and the facilities are quite dated. The wifi is also horrible. I was barely able to send a text message, it was so bad. There is a wired internet connection if you bring a laptop, though.

The bed was very clean and comfortable. The comforter was so soft and pleasant after my long flight.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

In the middle of downtown
    • Budget double room - basement level

Low floor is just a basement. One third of room is over ground...

Few steps to Forbidden City, Tiananmen square, shopping malls. Surrounding are got many bars and shops.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Excellent location with good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location was excellent. However the selling point for me was free internet. Google, Facebook and Yahoo not allowed in China! TV did not work. English almost non-existent. The room we had was next to laundry with no aspect at all. They did however try very hard to get me a fair taxi price.

Good location, friendly staff.
    • Budget double room - basement level

We were 8 persons, so the following is for three doublerooms. Rooms clean, but worn. Rooms also quite smelly as if the had been used for smoking-rooms until it was forbidden by law. Carpets, curtains etc therefore in need of replacement (due to both smell and wearing). Bathrooms and airconditions could be cleaner. Breakfast okay. Hotel staff friendly. Next time in Beijing I will use more money on hotel and I will not be staying there again.

Good location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Location, location, location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wish they had bike rentals. And as it happens very often in China, The staff has very poor english. They can understand the normal questions/ situations but anything out of the ordinary goes to one person to another and the answer is either no or not reliable.

Location, location, location. Near many attractions that we did by foot (15-20km per day); near a metro station too. Don't miss the food street market a few blocks away (whether you are brave to taste sth or not) The room was clean and very comfortable, with the windows to the quiet courtyard.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Comfortable room in an excellent location
    • Deluxe Double Room

We couldn't have asked for a better location! you can basically walk to many point of interests. Very close to subway too so you can explore further. We took express train from the airport, transferred to the subway and walked to the hotel from Wangfujing station (exit C2). We checked in around 10pm and the girl at the front desk was very helpful. We had a deluxe room on the 3rd floor, the bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom was clean and spacious. We had a big tub that we were thankful for after a long day of walking. During our 6 nights stay, the towels were changed daily and bedsheets was replaced often. The staff are polite, some of them speak english better than others but it was not an issue for us, we were in China after all! Tried to leave some tips for the housekeeper but it was never taken :)

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

location, location nothing else!!!

wifi totally unreliable and slow in need of upgrade, bedrooms and bathrooms shabby

great location, helpful staff especially in the shop and business centre

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Poor in every way. Lacked even the basics
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room / bathroom was unclean and in a very poor state. It also smelt of stale cigarette smoke. Majority of staff were unhelpful. Wifi was only available in reception area. Only 1-2 choices on the restaurant menu were actually available. The drinks menu was the same. Reception staff had no maps of the local area as were disinterested.

The smell of my room is very bad.

The smell of my room is very bad.

Bad hotel
    • Budget Double Room - Basement

Customer service. Staff was unfriendly and didn’t speak any other language. Not helpful at all. Room smelled humid.

• Budget Double Room - Basement

It was rundown and had internet sometime

The hotel near around Forbidden City and Wangfujing.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

All staf need English as communcation language.

The hotel near around Forbidden City and Wangfujing. And value money and recommend.