Reviews of Grand Millennium Beijing

Fortune Plaza No. 7 DongSanHuan Middle Road, Chaoyang, 100020 Beijing, China

#59 of 585 hotels in Beijing

Based on 2036 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Grand Millennium Beijing was a fine hotel for my week long...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Grand Millennium Beijing was a fine hotel for my week long stay in China. The major drawbacks included: hotel staff’s English was hardly proficient and hotel rooms get warm overnight as the air is turned off.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good place to stay in Beijing CBD
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mould in the bathroom, room cleanliness in general, concierge service could be improved

Great location, room was spacious and comfortable, the view from the room was great too

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fake 5-star hotel. Total waste of money.
    • Executive Club Double Room

Very poor services from the staff at the reception They are 5-star hotel but the staffs can speak zero English It took us an hour to ask for a receipt with the correct name and address. There was some government summit that they had to have soldiers guarding the entrance and wouldn't allow cars to drop us in front of the lobby but there was no staff to help us with the bags. The staffs were just standing there and watch us carried all the luggage ourselves all the way from the main road. This hotel is a fake 5 star hotel, especially in terms of quality of services. Total waste of money.

Room was big and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room toilet had a really bad stale smell. Also, the staff were confused about my booking with booking.com, they thought my check in date was 9 Dec (9/12) instead of 12 September (12/9).

Room was big and clean. Service was good. Convenient location, next to the train station. Next to a shopping mall that has a supermarket and pretty good restaurants.

Standard choice for biz trips
    • Booking Staff - Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff can be friendlier at the reception. Concierge and bellmen are really helpful and welcoming.

Second time staying at the millennium for biz trip. Location is the highlight, really central in Beijing CBD. Rooms are really clean and comfortable suitable for business travelers.

A really bad experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have stayed at the Millenium many times over the last 5 years, sometimes twice each year. I would normally rate it as excellent. However the last time I stayed there at the end of August, nothing prepared me for the experience which was awful. My visit coincided with the Africa summit in Beijing and the hotel hosted a range of delegations. The first I knew was when the taxi dropped me in the road outside. I then had to make my own way to the hotel lobby carrying three suitcases. Around the hotel perimeter they had erected two lines of 2 metre high fencing. Navigating this, I was confronted by a scanner and security check, staffed by local police. My suitcase was stopped and I was asked to open my bag in the middle of the lobby as they had picked up a pair of scissors and nail file. I tried to get them to open it somewhere more discrete but the security insisted on opening it for all to see. It was totally humiliating! I stayed there for three nights and checked out as I couldn’t stand the constant body checks every time I entered the hotel. The hotel guests were treated very badly and there was no attempt to offer any apology or refund. The hotel staff just shrugged and said it was normal and they had no control over the situation. At check out I expressed my anger but nothing! Overall a very disappointing stay. I moved to a rental apartment and will do so again on my next trip. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I feel very aggrieved as I have been a loyal guest over a long period. But never again! Great pity as the hotel has been excellent in the past. Apologies for this rant but my visit was completely spoilt by my treatment. But honestly it was like staying in a prison.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location, near lots of good restaurants and close to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunate timing. Major African-Chinese conference occupied many hotels in the area with ‘extreme’ security checks and all taxi/car transport blocked. Not the hotel’s fault but the hotel should have warned guests that their stay would be disrupted.

Great location, near lots of good restaurants and close to underground station

The hotel was great, slightly dated and in need of minor...

update required...

The hotel was great, slightly dated and in need of minor renovations, but generally speaking, it provided a safe and excellent location to move around Beijing. The subway and mall was less than 100 meters from the hotel. The breakfast was good with a wide variety to choose from. The rooms were good size and functional. The concierge service was amazing (Jacob and the crew made our life's so much easier and were always willing to help). Generally, I can recommend the hotel; with the hope that some quite reno will bring it back to its former glory.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

A nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was decent but could be improved

The staff was friendly and the location was very covinient, it is located in the heart of CBD, very close to metro station, also there is a shopping mall downstairs. The gym and also the swimming pool here were nice

LOCATION , BREAKFAST, STAFF BEHAVIOR, STAFF COOPERATION ,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

WE COULDN'T FIND TAXI EVEN AFTER A WAITING FOR 10-30 MINUTES DURING OUR VISIT MANY TIMES , WORST PART OF MY TRAVEL AND STAY IN BEIJING AND YOUR HOTEL

LOCATION , BREAKFAST, STAFF BEHAVIOR, STAFF COOPERATION , TRAVEL DESK, ROOM SERVICE, NEAR TO METRO STATION AND OTHER IMPORTANT PLACES OF INTEREST AND SHOPPING CENTRE

Poor English, employees are not friendly, impossible to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor English, employees are not friendly, impossible to discuss problems, payment system are terrible. No complements or other sign of loyalty. Too many people on check in/out line, but only half of cashiers work. Nobody meet in front of door. Service not more that 3 star hotel. I am quite disappointed. Next time definitely I will choose other hotel of this price segment, like four seasons or intercontinental. Quite quite disappointed!

Enjoying
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The concierge when you order a taxi They were not honest with the costumers, the always try to sell you to taxis for higher fares

The location, cleanness and the breakfast.

A very pleasant stay !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shockingly expensive breakfast for one person (next time I will go out for breakfast). Likewise, excessive prices of drinks in the room (1 litre of bottled water at 90RMB!!). These sort of issues need to be addressed as it’s unacceptable !

Location, superb room, size and comfort of room, quiet, good choice of dining options. Polite staff at check-in and check out.

Good not Amazing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Spa not attached to hotel Staff not particularly interested (with the exception of the restaurant) Not many attention to details

Beautiful hotel Amazing massages Good food Great relaxation areas

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A hotel you should try if you take public transport from the airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is very near to the metro station. If you decide to take public transport to and from the airport, this hotel is highly recommended. Staff are friendly. Both check in and check out are highly efficient.

Not overly accomadating and certainly you need better training put in place for all staff & interns.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The re booking process, when wanting to extend a day I was told to book online, then to call another number when I disagreed I was advised this was policy. I had tea in the tea area and received a charge on my account for meeting time, I used the business centrevto get some copy and was charged up to $6 a page, this is robbery of money from your client. I suggest thatbthebtrainingnof your staff needs more effort, the whole Places felt like it was may work place tensions. The bar area on Friday night the audio out side wasn’t working could not hear the entertainment inside. No one sitting inside all sitting out side having drinks and cigarettes. The umbrellas in the bar area not opened up to protect from the sun. I seen one manager working while I was a visitor at your hotel. I plan not to stay there again and I would suggest to my acquaintance not to stay there also. Yesterday I tried to book for an extra night, when I went on line as advised previously, no rooms available, I then tried to call booking number the phone rang for 13 mins before answering, in the meantime I secured rooms at the Kerry Hotel. When I advised your booking person they said we have rooms you should have gone to reception could not believe. You guys certainly have training and some crazy policies, I also spoke to other people at the venue with same opinion.

The staff in the bar area were delightful, conceirge staff were pleasant so to front of house.

It was pleasant. The concierge and all staff are friendly, patient and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room, occasionally and corridor constantly has a smoky smell. The air-conditioning is too loud and could hear it running on and off at night. Fried Rice during breakfast was not fully cooked. It was hard and could not be eaten. Porridge seems to have been cooked again and again throughout the week. Serving staff could have been more attentive and not clear our table too fast; I don’t even dare to leave unfinished food on the table, if I want to continue to finish them later.

The room is spacious and clean. Chambermaids are all very prompt and polite. I like the location that is near good eateries and good business district surrounding. Close to train station. Serving staff and cook are friendly and helpful when asked.

Great location, good room layout, improved direction &...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Novice staff at reception and concierge incredulously under-trained, thus incapable to serve guests. Obviously they were not adequately trained.

Great location, good room layout, improved direction & guidance for guests at reception!

Room at the corner is very spacious - great value of money...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check-in took forever and the staff showed impatient. My colleagues and I both booked double bed rooms but they said the system showed king-size bed room instead.

Room at the corner is very spacious - great value of money :) Bed is comfy and a huge walk in closet.

Superb
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was lucky to get the offer without breakfast, neither of my finace or I eat breakfast, which saved lots of money. The location is amazing, it was very easy for us to access to any places we needed. The staff are very friendly. Room is very clean, also the room can be cleaned in the morning (very fast). Whenever we came back, we have tidy room. No matter for business or leisure, Millennium has the best location.

Not recommended for families
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I found advertisement under my room door for massage shop including photos after i complained no action by the hotel Not safe for families Staff can't speak English

time to buy new linens for the ultra comfy beds
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

sheets are getting a little threadbare

some ultra comfy room I've enjoyed previously. internet was waaaaaaaay better than it has been previous times !

I stayed in this hotel many times.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lighting is not enough, I found the room a bit dark. There's no plug by the side tables which means you can only charge your phone at where the desk is. The check-in and check-out was extremely slow. I also heard other guest complain about the long waiting time. The same staff, Ada He, helped me to check in and check out and her attitude was not compatible for a 5star hotel. At first she couldn't figure out how to use foreigh visa card, and then at check-out she was sighing very frequently. No idea what frustrated her but a front desk staff definitely shouldn't pass the frustration to the guest. It just seemed impatient and unprofessional. The sofas in the lobby should be changed too. It's so old that the seat sinks and wouldn't rebound. The hotel is always busy, they should make enough money to make this quick updates and hire more front desk staff otherwise it shouldn't be 5 stars

I stayed in this hotel many times. The room facilities are nice -- bathtub, remote controlled curtains, spacious bathroom and comfortable bed. The king size bed rooms are better than the twin rooms.

Service on the club level is exceptional.
    • Executive Club Double Room

Service on the club level is exceptional. I’ve stayed here a few times over the past 3-4 years and the service is consistently excellent. It’s near the subway if you want to go to a few easily accessible historical sights like Tian An Men or the Forbidden City, as well as shopping at Wang Fujing. Great location.

good amenities, beware hidden rules
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

each person has to pay $25 to use the pool for a swimming cap. which is ridiculous because you can have all your hair outside it. food was very expensive and mediocre. concierges not very helpful. walked 1 hr to a restaurant that was closed for renovations after he told us no taxis would be available.

liked location and amenities

Over all the hotel is good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There are some shopping around but tend to be quiet on the week end as it is located in CBD.

The hotel is conveniently located with train station near by.

Stay somewhere else.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower was dirty. There was mold in the corners. The hallway had a stale odor and the carpets were dirty and badly soiled. Hotel needs to be brought up to date. I would not recommend this hotel. There are too many other choices in the area at the same rate. I am disappointed with Bookings.

Good for stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

rooms on west side are very hot with strong sun rays in daytime, so I have to blind the curtain over the window always when I stay in the room.

Good location. Easy access to metro station and nearby shopping mall with coffee shops, various restaurant and super market.

feeling less and less to stay in this hotel now.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

feeling less and less to stay in this hotel now. the room is getting very old with plugs not working properly. still no one at the hotel gate to help with luggage, even if there's someone, they don't help. breakfast is hopeless definitely not worth paying 168rmb for.

Excellent hotel in the right place
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

With deep discount from Booking.com I was impressed with the room size and arrangement of facilities in it. Special thanks for view to the city from 20 floor laying in bath... Excellent place in the center of the city and 200 meters from subway makes it very convenient.

Short family stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom fittings were old and handshower rotator came off. Also, some rooms seemed old with wobbly doors anf cupboards. They need to upgrade and renovate their rooms. The bathrooms smelled of sewage too at times.

Location is good i.e. near Tiananmen square and forbidden city, so in the centre of the city. Also, rooms were very spacious and clean.

Good sized modern rooms in a great location

Breakfast very expensive.

Great location, large rooms. Many restaurants, bars and coffee shops nearby. Very close to Line 10 subway. Front desk staff very helpful.

Great service especially from the concierge when mr guo lent...
    • Booking Staff - Superior Double or Twin Room

The Breakfast quality could be improved. Also the noice from my AC was quite loud.

Great service especially from the concierge when mr guo lent me his personal charger when the hotel run out all of them. Really nice rooms spacious and comfortable beds.

Once and never (!) again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is a Desaster! Didn’t bother to have it although it was included. Staff At checkin has an extensive can’T do attitude. Everyone is lacking training! Doesn’t even meet a 3 Star. No one available with proper English communication skills!

Cleaners was friendly and professional and amenities are of good quality.

Great value, would recommend.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

wifi was awful, always cutting out and very slow when it did work, it took over an hour to check in online for our flight because of how slow it was! Otherwise we had a great stay.

good location. very reasonable price for 5 star experience. room service was good. room was very spacious and large bathroom.

Nice big room and great location for subway.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room wasn't ready until after 4pm, though the site indicates 2pm check in. At least it was worth the wait. I could not get wifi to work. It needs to be able to sms a code and even though I have worldwide service the text never came. I ended up tethering from my phone.

Very close to subway, I could see the hotel as I came out of the exit so i knew which direction to go. Loads of bike share bikes close by. The room was huge. Not sure if they are all normally this big or if I was upgraded at check in. Bathroom was very large, felt like it was a hike to get from shower side to soaking tub side. I didn't see it at first but they have plugs that support international power without adapters.

Good location , I loved some solutions in hotel's clean interior, nice staff , good breakfast !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool staff ! -they wont let you into pool if your head isn't completely shaved, or if you aren't completely bald like me , otherwise, (any hair even only 2-3mm long) they will "kindly" ask you to purchase very bad quality swimming cap for 152 rmb (~20€) if you want to swim ,and than you will see an old women swimming in the same pool wearing swimming cap as some kind of summer hat, with long hair waiving below cap as mermaid , in water all around her, so.. strict hotel policy or just an extra financial formality for your extra safe & clean pleasure I didn't quite understand ,well use of Jacuzzi is "swimming cap free" ( 1300rmb per night - stay )

My 25th floor room had wonderful view , (for which I paid extra , but it gives you special happy hour & other benefits on the top floor club ) amazing window bathtub.

Intransit stop
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Language barrier Internet speed at times Cigarette butts all over the floor outside not a single receptical to collect the used butts Looks tacky Restaurant need to speak more English screwed my food order up

Loved the price and the value for the room

Great for a business stay in the financial part of Beijing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The personnel could still use a class or two in English language. Some furniture was a bit dated and damaged and the hallway could have been cleaner, but since the room itself was nice and tidy, it was all good!

The location is very good right next to iconic CCTV building and other skyscrapers around, the hotel has a nice modern, business-oriented vibe. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was very nice and the beds were comfortable. Great value for money.

Very near MRT Station though facilities are a bit dated
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillows are a little too soft for good support and the room facilities are a bit dated.

Less than 100m away from the MRT station which is perfect. Good breakfast selection but mostly Chinese dishes. Room is bigger than usual and overlooks the CCTV tower.

Great hotel, good value for your money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

a more work-friendly writing desk in the room.

The bed was too big, i actually had to roll over far away to cuddle up! :) Breakfast was too Chinese, but since I like Chinese style breakfast, that was all right for me, however, other international guests might find the variety of yummies offerred too local. Also, if you are looking for a less sterile neighbourhood, look for a hotel further away. If you like the business district with its skyscraper and do not need a more "local" neighbourhood, this hotel is an optimal choice. The hotel has a great smell in the lobby!

Great stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower booth is a bit wired. The shower head faces right at the entrance, and will easily cause flooding in the bathroom.

Everything was perfect. Bed is comfortable and large. Very convenient location just 3-4 minutes away from a tube station. Great view of CBD area of Beijing.

Fantastic as usual - Try the Exec suite as you get a lot more for your money (!)
    • Executive Club Double Room

The jacuzzi is looking a bit outdated and dirty, certainly needs a freshen up in the near future but the pool was lovely and gym facilities pristine.

Fantastic as usual - this is our third time to this hotel and every time has met or exceeded our expectations. We upgraded to the Executive Suite on the top floor which was a very reasonable price and we got access to the exec lounge, which includes free breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks which was very nice. (Plus free minibar!) Service fantastic as usual, in fact even more so after moving to the top floor. Anything we needed was catered for and the room itself was beautiful with a stunning view of the CCTV building (the trousers).

Overall great!
    • Half Board Package With Dinner at Executive Lounge

1. As mentioned in my last feedback, the front desk staffs are not so friendly. The one who checked me in this time kind of ignored me when she couldn't understand English. I wish they could rather say "I am sorry I do not understand" than ignoring me. 2. For the executive club reservation, please provide the information in a hard copy. When I ask for the breakfast/happy hour time, they ALWAYS pull up the information on iPad and ask me to take a picture on my own.. When I ask for a hard copy, they always say they dont have such.

1. Location is great; right in the center of CBD and connected to a fortune plaza mall 2. Housekeeping staffs are amazing friendly! 3. The buffet is great. 4. The gym and pool are amazing. Overall I'd come back!

Great hotel and excellent facillities
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air con is stated as standard however it is not turned on in Beijing until the summer Air quality was very poor

excellent breakfast - huge choice and great quality

Great Business Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet speed is very poor. Not sure if this is due to the slow internet speed in the country or the hotel bandwidth.

The staffs at the hotels are very friendly and helpful.

Badly controlled temperature
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was cold so we asked if they could turn the heating on but they said they could not. We could not believe the only way of feeling warm in a five-star hotel room was to be in the bed

- CBD location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- reception staffs are not really friendly. This is my 5th visit and this is the only con

- CBD location - great facilities and food - amazing house keeping staffs - overall a great value

Good value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The concierge were not the most diligent and didn’t keep track of what was going on and didn’t follow up on something’s

Clean but wish the staff spoke better English, tough communicating sometimes

Another fine stay at GM hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Price on Booking.com app when booking was 1250 CNY per night. Hotel charged me 1500 CNY p/n upon checkout, telling me they had added a service fee. 20% service fee seems steep.

Comfy bed, clean, big room, decent service, great gym and pool

Great location, helpful staff, large clean rooms, overall a great hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of this hotel close to the Metro, close to great shopping and many sight seeing attractions was great. My husband and I had a quick 3 night stop over after a business conference in Guangzhou. We found this hotel to be perfect for us, we would highly recommend it and hope to return with our children one day.

Maximum bling in a great location.
    • Executive Club Double Room

The lobby was so over the top that it was almost ridiculous.

I stayed on Executive Floor, which cost only a little more that just adding breakfast to a standard room. Dedicated check-in and check-out, breakfast room, snacks and drinks in the afternoon. Room very high standard, mattress, sheets and pillows first rate. I picked hotel because within walking distance of most of my meetings, and right next to subway stop, figured the extra cost made up by taxi rides I didn't take. On premises Chinese restaurant expensive, and worth every penny. Other restaurant (buffet Chinese) OK but not impressive. Havana bar made best Mojito I've had in China, had their own indoor garden for fresh mint.

It was a nice living there
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The menu of the restaurant would be more international

There are all the services I could need. The staff is perfect and the hotel is clean. I will be there again for sure.

Good hotel, not so good staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were not very helpful, language gap, most didn’t understand English. Every request we made was answered with “why do you want this”!! Example: on phone “can I speak with housekeeping” - answer was “why”!

Very central, couple of malls nearby so could find places to eat

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet doesn’t have access to YouTube or gmail which affected me from checking business email. Had to phone overseas.

Bed is really comfortable. Finally had a good sleep:)

Great location, friendly stuff, disappointed breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is definitely below the level of a 5 star. It's poorly prepared and doesn't have much variety.

Very convenient location (super close to the metro)

I found a hair in the tub of my bathroom and the toilet had...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I found a hair in the tub of my bathroom and the toilet had a red spot on the seat. Check that you room is clean upon your arrival. The rest was great!

High standard stay

Nothing. All good.

Professional service and comfortable stay downtown Beijing. 5 stars hotel that deserved them well. Subway station at 100m, close to main Beijing avenues. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Make sure you book a deluxe or club level room. Well worth the upgrade
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The girl on check-in really didn’t know what she was doing when dealing with “foreign” passports. I live in china but am English therefore my visa and residency are in my passport, due to not having an immigration stamp from that day she wanted to cancel our booking. It took a lot of insisting to speak to her manager to finally get the manager to inform her staff member I was in fact a Chinese resident despite being western. The manager then left the check-in and more issues arose, we had to leave a sizeable deposit on the room which wasn’t explained correctly and led me to believe I was paying more than double the room rate.

The staff were incredibly helpful in providing advice on where to go and how to get there. They organised a private car to travel to the Great Wall which was much cheaper and better value than any tour operator or taxi we could find. Breakfast had a good array of options especially for a westerner, the items were classic Chinese versions of western staples, not quite exact but good enough. Staff booked taxis for us when needed and offered to come and get us when they arrived. Room cleaners came around to check everything was done to standard and ask if we needed anything else, always good to see. Also seemed as though our room was made up twice a day, strange but definitely welcome.

Good view, comfy room, but too noisy
    • Executive Club Double Room

Walls were paper thin. We could hear talking and noise from the next room until after 1am, and then early the next morning we were woken up by doors slamming and cleaning staff talking loudly in the hallway. The meals and drinks were decent but could have been much better considering the price of the room.

Great view from the executive lounge, and the room was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly but with limited English - if you don't speak Chinese you should have patience when communicating.

Playboy Mansion
    • Half Board Package With Dinner at Executive Lounge

Pub or KTV was missing though

One of the best hotels I have ever been, it was. 27th executive floor. All day dining including drinks and so on. Very big and playboy mansion class rooms. Nice VIP services such as free pressing. Close location to Beijing WTC. I strongly advise here to the 1st class businessmen!

Great Location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We were there to attend an event and can't help notice the carpet was awful. It was dirt and dated. It needs to be replaced with new.

Very good location with s mall next door so it's very convenient. The bathroom is lovely.

The location is great
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room amenities are old and some of them are broken. I don't feel the details are carefully checked before the next customer check in.

The location is great

nice and clean
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Stuff could be more friendly

location is really nice good kitchen English speaking stuff English channels on tv clan rooms bathroom is perfect there was normal wifi, its very complicated to find in China hotel with normal wifi

overall one of the best business hotels in beiijing.

concierge and porterage.

excellent breakfast. big variety of western and eastern choices. very good room service, while in room dining was a nice experience. rooms big and comfortable, big bathrooms with amazing view of the city. rooms very clean and daily housekeeping. excellent wifi, and our communication with the hotel's staff was nice and easy in english language.

The staff is horrible, making it a total nightmare for us.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff is horrible, making it a total nightmare for us. They were the polar opposite to “making us feel at home “. And the heater in the room was broken so my family got a cold.

A relaxing trip in a great hotel!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is supposed to be an international buffet; while it does have Western food, the selection of dishes isn't as much compared to those I've seen in other hotels. In addition, while service was pretty good during our stay, perhaps it would also be a good idea for the staff at the front desk and the entrance to smile more. Initially, my sister and I wondered if it was part of the culture to be serious but the restaurant employees and the housekeeping staff always smiled when greeting or serving someone so I don't think it is a cultural thing. So a suggestion for the staff would be to smile more to appear more approachable. The only concern I had with the room was that even though smoking is no longer allowed indoors, the bathroom still had a smell of cigarette smoke.

Coffee was my favorite part of breakfast! In addition, food was good and they did have a lot to choose from (but mostly Asian even though we were told that it was an international buffet). I do like the room. It was very nice and the view was good too! My sister and I weren't able to try the facilities like swimming pool due to maintenance but we were pretty much happy with our stay! It was really good and comfortable in our room. In addition, there is a mall nearby so we definitely had a lot of food options in case we didn't want to eat at the hotel restaurant. Subway is also really close! You can see the hotel right after exiting the subway so you definitely won't get lost (I have a lousy sense of direction so the location is a huge plus for me). Since my sister and I spent most of the days in the hotel just to relax, I cannot comment on how near or far this place is from the tourist spots in Beijing but I can definitely say that you can find most of what you need here because there is also a supermarket in the mall next to the hotel.

Good design, big room, comfortable bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

West facing room didnt have too much light during the day. But if you are not spending day time in the room as much, it doesnt really matter

Good design, big room, comfortable bed

Structure was a bit old as was probably one of the earlier...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Structure was a bit old as was probably one of the earlier high-end hotels in the area, but good for a biz setting and trip, and mine was a bit of a mix anyway. Spacious room and bathroom and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was mediocre but did the job at least. Haven’t had the time to hit the gym and pool during the trip but heard it was good.

good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no service, when my hisband and I was going to come in the lift, The lobby staff tried to check if I am the guest for this hotel with unpolite tune, this hotel charge 15% in service fee, how irony it is.

good location

Third time here, great value and quality
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Separated bathtub, shower, and toilet. Large bathroom. Location is right beside a mall with lots of restaurants, and 2 other major malls very close by. Located right beside a subway station too.

A comfortable and convenient choice for business travel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not that reliable, but I could always use the Internet wire connection provided in room.

Premium location in CBD, very close to my work place. Great interior design - good combination of comfort and aesthetics. Helpful receptionist and concierge staff :)

Good rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Food choices extremely limited after 9pm. As usual good Chinese choices but hopeless bread or western choices for breakfast.

Nice room, great bathroom.

Excellent location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Elevator was not reading card properly, so see saw goon up and down. You can see from furniture it's an older hotel, some general cleaning required

Excellent location

very good gym facilities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

useless concierge as usual. no one to help upon arrival and departure with luggage. they just stand there and look.

very good gym facilities. and good location.

Browse Grand Millennium Beijing traveller photo gallery