Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Beijing Huacai

No.16 Guangshun North Street, Wangjing., Chaoyang, 100102 Beijing, China

#171 of 582 hotels in Beijing

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The breakfast was dreadful!

The breakfast was dreadful! Stale bread and croissants. There fore I had to buy my own breakfast outside of the hotel. There was no fridge in the room. The shower broke. I booked a room with a bath tub, but when I got there, there was only a shower. The hotel said I had to pay MORE money to have a bath.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

It was what we wanted yet a little pricey.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff - although the staff are friendly, they couldn’t really speak good enough English. I was lucky to have my Chinese girlfriend with me who can speak the language. Food - the breakfast is poor for westerners. Not much option for an English breakfast or continental breakfast. Mostly noodles and Chinese food which is the opposite of what is advertised. The other Chinese guests were rude and push past us a lot to get to the food instead of queuing. Other guests did not put the lids down on the food so most of it is cold. Getting a drink, tea/coffee or juice is near impossible without waiting 10 minutes, as the other guest are rude and push past us without queuing. Maid - even though we had the do no disturb sign on the outside of the door, the maid entered our room 2 days in a row without knocking. We had to physically force the door shut over night to stop this happening a 3rd time.

Location - it’s out of the hustle and bustle of the city so nice and quiet at night. There is a metro station less than 50m away. In the lobby there is a subway sandwich shop and a Burger King next door. There is a mall with restaurants and a 7-11 in the next building. Room - the room is very spacious in the superior twin room. A sitting area, plenty of room around the beds and a big bathroom with a shower and a bath tub. The beds are very comfortable and you are given free water when your room is cleaned which is a nice touch. Staff - the staff were friendly and helpful. (While speaking to my Chinese girlfriend)

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

7/10. Good stay. It’s basically what we wanted just a little pricey.
    • Standard Queen Room

The food was average for breakfast. Not much choice for westerners. Other people do not put the lids down on the food so the food is cold for others most of the time. Other Chinese guests push past you to get to their food and are very rude. Getting a drink, either tea/coffee or juice, is near impossible without waiting 10 minutes as the Chinese guests have no idea how to queue. We wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle so chose a hotel out of the centre of the city. Note: the hotel is around 45 minutes (by metro) away from any attractions. The maids that clean your room will still walk into your room even if you have the “do not disturb” sign on the door. We witnessed this two days in a row and had to physically lock our door with the bolt to stop this happening.

The staff at the desk were friendly and polite. However, communication was hard. Luckily, I was with my Chinese girlfriend so she could communicate yet if I wasn’t with someone who could talk the language it would have been difficult. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Our room was very spacious. If you really wanted you could have 4 people stay in the twin bed rooms. Very good facilities and get free water every day when your room is clean which was a nice touch. In the lobby of the hotel is a subway sandwich shop, a Burger King is next to the hotel, the metro is less that a 1 minute walk away (50m) and there is a mall with shops and restaurants in the next building to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

This was my friend’s and my first visit to Beijing and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
    • Standard Queen Room

Everything was excellent—from customer service to room service!

The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Everyone went above and beyond to assist us and ensure that we had everything we needed. The room was also very clean and comfortable. Special thanks to Wendy at the front desk and to Charlie, restaurant manager, for taking care of us so amazingly!

Good location.

The staffs have “fair” level of English. It’s quite difficult to communicate if any other special requests. However they are willing to help but it took long time to handle.

Good location. It connects to Carrefour supermarket so easy to find things to eat and very close to MRT.

We enjoyed the residential community and closeness to shopping for basic needs. Hotel was adequate.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was hard to communicate with staff. I didn't like that we had to pay for tokens to do our laundry. Very expensive. The breakfast was adequate, but not very tasty. Upon checking out, we had trouble communicating with staff and making sure they had credited our deposit back to us. It looked like we were charged twice. We'll see.

The staff tried to accomodate us, but all of their english was a bit lacking. We loved that the hotel is attached to a shopping center, making it easy to pick up things we needed. Charlie, the manager of the restaurant was gracious, friendly, and went out of his way to see we were taken care of.

We had a great time in Beijing, very helpful and friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

For a non-smoking room the smell of cigarettes was very evident in our room. For our 2 week stay we would have liked a fridge.

The bed was very comfortable.The bathroom was very spacious. The breakfast was wonderful, great variety. Very helpful desk staff. The standard of the room service was very good.

3 stars hotel with 2 stars service level.
    • Standard Queen Room

I requested for higher floor during booking, but was assigned only 5th floor, reception don't even bother to ask or explain.

Hotel itself is part of a shopping complex (HuaCai), and Beijing MRT station DongHuQu (line 14) are just 2 minutes walk from hotel entrance. It is closer to airport.

The hotel overall was okay despite the language barrier the...
    • Standard Queen Room

I was surprised that the AC was not working in my room. The staff just opened my window so that I can get a cooler air. The room temperature was at 20degrees. I had a hard time sleeping :(

The hotel overall was okay despite the language barrier the staff tried their best to communicate with me. They even assisted me in getting my cab. Location is also near a mall wherein I bought my food and other stuff.

A good solid business-class hotel in Beijing
    • Standard Queen Room

Smoke and restaurant smells float throught the halls and into rooms. They do their best to spray but they need better ventilation.

Clean and comfortable bed.

Good affordable option
    • Standard Queen Room

It wasn’t something I “didn’t like” but I thought a few tweaks and the breakfast would be a lot better. For instance, they had cereal (cornflakes) but only hot milk. Apart from chicken sausages, toast and hard boiled eggs everything else was Chinese. I stayed at the end of spring festival and my last breakfast at the hotel had more choices. This included brown bread and a range of cereals but still just hot milk. Luckily some yogurt appeared and I used that with the the cereal. There also seemed to be more Chinese choices that day as well. Would be nice to have some fried or scrambled eggs, rather than just hard boiled.

The hotel rooms are quite similar to what you’d expect from a Holiday Inn in the U.K. They’re perfectly fine, basic rooms. Although in China they do give you some “frills” like toothbrushes/shampoo etc as well. There is also tea and coffee in the room. The bed was small but comfortable. We were on the 17th floor so noise was minimal. Check in was seamless and in English. In terms of location, the hotel is essentially built into a mall so there are lots of food options. The hotel reception is essentially open to a sectioned off part of the mall so there’s a subway right there and a Burger King 1 minute away. There’s also a 7/11 and a Carrefour within the same mall. The subway station is just outside. The Wi-Fi was strong throughout!

A great Starbucks attached to a good hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room

Great breakfast, but a old shower but new(er) bathroom. Bed is WONDERFUL, TV okay, adn working area acceptable. About 50 feet from a subway station, and there is a BK, SBUX and a Subway, and 7-11 within a minute. Good choice for the price!

Comfortable but cold

The thermostat in my room was broken. Even after they supposedly fixed it, my room was stii cold.

The staff is professional, and some of the employees spoke English.

Hot Winters Night

It was winter, but the room was incredibly hot and the machine didn't work to reduce the temperature in the room so I need to sleep with the windows slightly open on a polluted night. To be honest you can save 100RMB and stay in other hotels which may not have the same star rating but are just as good.

The room was fairly large and had all the basics you would need for a short stay in the city. The water was hot and the bed was comfortable. It is very easy to travel to from Beijing airport with taxi drivers knowing the location.

Great loction adneasy to see the sign from a dstance--and...
    • Standard Queen Room

They have a no-smoking policy in the lobby but they won't lift a finger to enforce it.

Great loction adneasy to see the sign from a dstance--and all taxi drivers seem to know the location well. It is also near (within a two minute walk!) from Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, a (clean) massage parlor, and a Carrefor and a mall.

Good for the price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was very Chinese. Would have liked an omelette or bacon and eggs on toast. Had to settle for jam on toast and coffee.

Good value for money.7/11 downstairs and close to famous Peking duck restaurant.

Fantastic hotel, clean and convenient with lovely restaurants next door! i will be back
    • Standard Queen Room

A gym would be great for longer stay

This hotel is very convenient to the subway! Fantastic quiet area which has all the basic needs around you! Fantastic friendly staff and also a subway restaurant in the hotel! I wish i could stay longer! I will be back here next time I am in Beijing

Great hotel!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a minor problem with the bathroom, but it was immediately solved.

Great hotel! Spacious and comfortable, good bathroom, great Chinese breakfast (with some fruits and juice for the ocidental guests), really helpful staff, most of them with reasonable English. It is far from central Beijing but really close to the airport - cost 55 Rmb in a taxi. But it's beside a subway station and the hotel desk helped us with the metro lines - so we visited the whole city center by subway. The hotel is part of a small shopping mall, so you have everything around you: if you don't want to go into town: shops, restaurants, bars and even a cinema. We liked it so much that we're going back for one last day in Beijing

Travel to beijing

Little far away from all the famous tourist spots: Tianman Square, Forbidden City etc. Breakfast menu is almost same everyday.

Clean rooms. Restaurants, Market and Subway station is Just down below of the hotel. Good friendly staff.

Awesome very help staff helping me arrange tour guides trip tour and when I need to book Taxis !

Clean the room window curtain or replace with new white curtain, it looked very old and dusty thats only negative issue while staying at this Holiday Inn Huacai

Good breakfast and very close to the Metro Station and Shopping Mall !

You get what you expect, good for both, business and leisure stays
    • Standard Queen Room

The Hotel isn't new and you notice this fact. But they are refurbishing the hotel at the moment, thus sometimes there was some renovation noise. (from august until november 2017) The Staff should speak better english.

The overall stay was as expected, the room was very clean and tidy, bottled water was served at the bathroom. The Staff was helpful, despite there where some language difficulties as they do not speak english very well. The breakfast is more local-style, with e.g. fried noodles or rice but you also find toast and some jam (but limited variety) Very beneficial especially for tourists is the fact, that there is a shopping mal with a supermarket, subway, burger king s.o. in the same building. Furthermore the subway is just around the hotel corner.

Pleasant stay
    • Standard Queen Room

They were asking to deposit 2000 yuan, it was not informed or written anywhere.

Perfect location. Very near to subway and all the western restaurants. Comfy bed and have English channels on television.

I had a comfortable stay and I really enjoyed it, will definitely come back in future

Consierg services is importanat especially to those guests with reduced mobility, at present there are no bell boys available at the hotel. Mini fridge is essential in the room to store important items such as medicines with control temperature

The friendliness of the staff particularly at the front office

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good location for visitors to China Expo or West Beijing

breakfast level is not so high. Furniture and bath room is old and needed to be refurbished.

Secure and convenient place for visit the Beijing Expo and west Beijing. Close to shopping mall and easy to find restaurant.

No problems. Would stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Airconditioning settings in room unresponsive. Needs fixing.

Location. Ease of access. Metro station below hotel. Supermarket and shopping facilities in the hotel complex. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Good
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel was very hot, we asked to move room as the thermometer was on 28degC and we was told we cannot change it as the whole building only has 1 AC system. TV also didnt work properly and shower pressure weak. They upgraded us to a much better room that was slightly cooler but still needed windows open. Swimming pool closed for refurb, no mention of this on booking.com. Breakfast average

Nice clean room, good location next to metro and western fast food & carrefour supermarket.

The location was great!
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is kind of worn out. Wallpaper was peeling off and paintwork of toilet ceiling peeling off. The Internet was choppy where I was at other other end of the building (Room 837). My colleague who was staying at the Room 1609 had no issue with the Internet.

The location is excellent. There is a mall right beside the hotel with a wide range of restaurants and Carrefour supermarket. I like it as it is near to the expressway which made the traveling much easier since I spent less time stuck in the traffic jam. The train station is right beside the hotel.

Good, recommend for the location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Facilities in the room are not well maintained. 2. Cleanliness needs improvement 3. Staff are not always friendly. Hotel lobby is small

Location is great 1. On top of a shopping centre including supermarket Carrefour, a cinema and lots of restaurants 2. Next to the metro station 3. Close to the airport Room is big and beds are comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Good choice for stay in Beijing

The nearest emergency exit from my room was locked and I could not make sure how to open it. The wall paper of my room was torn. If an air cleaner was in the room for avoiding air pollution of Beijing, I would be very happy.

Very kind staff. Clean and soft bed. Especially breakfast was excellent because of a lot of fresh vegetables and Chinese cuisines.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Overall stay was comfortable, would like to stay in future also.

Must appoint fluent English speaking guys at reception, on duty for 24 hours

Good location adjoining super market & subway station. WiFi was also working properly in all rooms.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

A GREAT EXPERIENCE
    • Standard Queen Room

It was way too hot in our room (visited in February) so we moved across the hall where it was also too hot---78 degrees. We had to open the window to cool it off and finally they offered a different room but we didn't want to move so they brought up a fan.

Several parents visiting our students at Beijing High School #80 for a 10 day stay. Lovely breakfast buffet! So different than an American breakfast. LOVE the Carrefour right there and lots of eating establishments-without going outside. Very convenient to the subway stop! Hotel was clean and well kept. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Good basic hotel with however little facilities.

Room temperature around 26-27 degree.C; too hot. No hotel bar, only a coffee corner/subway sandwich at lobby floor level.

Basic hotel, clean room. Shopping mall next door as well as subway station.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Good for a quick stay but not for a long one

- Staff was not very polite - Quite spartan but it is the 'express' comfort inn

- Good location for IT professionals - Lots of good Korean restaurants nearby - Next to Subway station

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

It's quite far to get anywhere, but the subway entrance...

It's quite far to get anywhere, but the subway entrance is maybe 20 m from the hotel and traffic jam also isn't that bad. And they have an agreement with a fitness center (with a swimming pool) in the building just around the corner :)

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Okay stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff spoke little to no English (some spoke pretty much no English and others only spoke a little) which made things incredibly difficult and the wifi was absolutely shocking. Probably wouldn't go back to this hotel but overall it served its purpose.

The fact that the property was right above the subway station was probably it's only real selling point. It is quite a distance from town but Beijing is also quite large. It was also right next to a shopping centre with different restaurants to try however hard to communicate menu options for English speaking guests.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

The hotel locates in Colorful Plaza which has a very big...

The hotel is a bit old.

The hotel locates in Colorful Plaza which has a very big Carrefour and a lot of restaurants. There is a airport shuttle bus stop near the hotel and it is not expensive for the ticket. It is also very close to the subway station. The hotel supply free breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

More for business than for tourism

- Old rooms - There is no interesting places near to the hotel. Only mall and some shops. - Poor brakefast like in most chenese hotels - Far from the city center (14 subway stations from forbidden city)

- Really close to the subway station (~100m) - Friendly staff, but only one person spoke english good enough to answer to your questions

Good for work.
    • Standard Queen Room

Far from the city center (14 stations from forbidden city). Nothing to look near to the hotel, only few shops and malls. Slow wi-fi.

Near to the subway station There are the shops and malls around the hotel. Breakfast is not so bad, but could be much better for 4 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Good Bed and nearby subway

Good Bed and nearby subway

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Beijing

Location and the hotel was value for money. MRT is a few steps away from the hotel. So convenient

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Reasonable price

Improvement of breakfast

Reasonable price

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

breakfast was good with many options however some basic food...
    • Standard Queen Room

breakfast was good with many options however some basic food like cheese was missing

excellent stay

If the fried eggs feshly done.

very cold.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

very cold. aircon problem..

Awesome
    • Superior Twin Room

Overall experience was Awesome. English speaking, helpful & courteous front desk staff. Location, Opp. Metro Line. Good American B/F.

Cheap.

Service is poor.

No comment

coffee at breakfast

coffee at breakfast

Must to make international breakfast food not only...
    • Standard Queen Room

Must to make international breakfast food not only chinese They must respect other countery

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Hucuai

Nothing in particular

Ok happy

Restaurant close early at 2100 but was mentioned 2200

Room was good.

Room could be cleaner. Marks on toilet

Room was good. Quiet, comfortable bed

Good location, friendly staff, clean room with comfortable bed.

Shower room floor is rough.

The staff are very nice, bed is comfortable and the breakfast is absolutely delicious and with many different food.

Less than 30 minutes to the airport by taxi

No lobby in place

Location near the airport

Poor management
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning system were down. The pool facility was close for renovation

Some staff are helpful

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Facilities

Currency change

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Very close to subway, 24/7 supermarket in the building
    • Standard Queen Room

Air conditioning was out of order, service staff hardly speak English

Very close to subway, 24/7 supermarket in the building

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

There was no electricity in the rooms between 1-5am,...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was no electricity in the rooms between 1-5am, precisely when I was checking in. Staff barely spoke English. Shower was inconvenient.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

not rwally value for money
    • Standard Queen Room

poor water pressure when shower;

good location

overall, it was a good stay
    • Standard Queen Room

the last room i was in was supposed to be non-smoking but it smelled like a smoking room

the service was very friendly

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Conveniently located.

Poor Proficiency of Front Desk staff in English

Conveniently located. Pillows.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Good hotel in great spot ...

No bacon for breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Clean room

Staff don't speak English

Clean room

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Location is too far away from the city center although there...

Location is too far away from the city center although there is a subway station next to the hotel but you have to spend at least 45 minutes to reach to the city center and historical areas and I asked for a city map at the reception but they said this is an old map so it's better to provide a new one from city.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Super market, Retails, good foot reflexology and lots of...

They did not replenish the showsr cap.

Super market, Retails, good foot reflexology and lots of eateries and cafe at doorstep. Mass transit station at foot steps away.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

The room is clean and nice.

There are not many selection of foods. It's pretty much the same everyday. I ask for a piece of lime or lemon but the staff say they don't have it, even though I saw it. The air-conditioning is not adjustable. It's too cold when it's cold outside and too hot when it's warm outside. I have tried to adjust many times but nothing changes.

The room is clean and nice. It's overall comfortable with very convenience location just off the Donghuqu Station and by many shopping centers & Super market.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Hotel staff were very helpful and speak english.

Hotel rooms need some maintanence and renovation. Other then that everything was great.

Hotel staff were very helpful and speak english. Breakfast was very good with both western and chinese options. Location is excellent, over a subway station and a big mall.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Great location, subway right outside and hotel is part of a...

Some of the rooms, not all, would be able to hear rumbling coming from the movie theater. However, the last show is usually at 11pm.

Great location, subway right outside and hotel is part of a mall

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

New subway station outside - half an hour north of city...

Wifi is wired ethernet cable so bring a router (like TK Link) to create own wifi hotspot in room from the wired internet.

New subway station outside - half an hour north of city centre. Vibrant northern suburb of fast-growing Beijing close to 5th Ring Road. Carrefour Hypermarket beside hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

I didn't like anything about this hotel, our experience...

I didn't like anything about this hotel, our experience was the worst ever, we had two rooms, and I regret staying at this place. It had bed bugs, the curtains were dirty, the rooms smell really nasty, and the staff were not nice! On top of that the breakfast was horrible.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Comfortable

Comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

This Hotel is located in a very good place with good metro...

This Hotel is located in a very good place with good metro connectivity and supermarket nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

I've chosen this hotel because there must be gym but it...

I've chosen this hotel because there must be gym but it didn't work.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.