Reviews of Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing

No. 6 Jiangtai Road., Chaoyang, 100004 Beijing, China

#200 of 594 hotels in Beijing

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit tired in terms of decor but comfortable enough.

Large room, swimming pool, shower water pressure, convenient location for shops and restaurants and a good starting point for day trips out of the city, low cost

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The final price seemed higher than what was booked online. They said the days were different in pricing.

A clean bed and room with careful preparation.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

my sheet had a big brown stain on the first night. It was difficult to find places to eat around the hotel. Not really any local restaurants in the area. I was left standing at the front desk for 10 minutes trying to check out. the staff were all busy with paper work but ignored me. Finally I was served. Didn't get my fapiao (tax receipt) even though I gave all information at check in and was told Id get it at check out. I had to give the information again and wait for it to be organised.

bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

- Even though there were Advertisement on the hotel tv channel about specials for weekend lunch, staff at the restaurant on my first day there wouldn’t let me enjoy it. - There should be more staff speaking English.

- Convenient location. - Shuttle bus to city

• Deluxe Room

This really isn't a complaint... The room could benefit from a renovation; however the older decor of the common areas did make the hotel more charming. Perhaps, the hot tub temperature being set at 38-40 degrees Celsius was too hot.

The hotel staff was amazing!! I was especially impressed by Julie at the Front Desk. Hands-down... This hotel has one of the most impressing breakfast I have enjoyed in a long time. The International TV channels were great. The robes and bedding in the room were awesome! The pool, sauna and steam room were clean and welcoming.

• Deluxe Room

Staff`s English can be improved, pretty old A/C system, slightly overpriced to be China and for the quality of the facilities.

Huge and clean room and bathroom, comfy bed, gym, SPA, food places nearby.

• Deluxe Room

This hotel gives the area its name...say Lidu fan dian to a cab driver to get to the neighborhood...this also means, its an old hotel. It smells like an old hotel. It does have a workable gym and small pool which is a plus.

• Deluxe Room

They need to pay attention when the matter is related to cleanness. Front desk need to improve the English language.

Honestly, good value for money hotel, that’s it. Concierge guy really made the difference for us, very supportive and communicative. Near the hospital we have stayed before.

• Deluxe Room

Wifi only average, even with a modem supplied to the room (I requested a modem knowing that the Wifi was so-so). Be aware that there isn't a train station close by, it is quite a long walk to the nearest station. Some members of the front reception could be a little happier and personable, they sometimes give the appearance of just doing their job.

Nice quiet room as requested, good gym and pool, cleaning staff very friendly and polite.

• Deluxe Room

Reception totally sucks. Instead of 3 single bed rooms, we have got 3 separated bed rooms. That have totally messed up our breakfasts, checking out moment. And it’s not a poor English problem I must say, I speak fluent Chinese. Reception guy was a lost person, so I had to explain my question to 4 different people, which is quite annoying. And don’t agree to live on the fist floor!

Really nice location, good European breakfast

• Deluxe Room

Rude staff who referred to us, in Chinese, as stupid Americans- 1 we are not stupid and 2 we are not American.Tried to charge us 7,000rmb deposit for 2 rooms. Manager did not respond to feedback or reply to us. Moved us to an 'upgraded room' but the room had stains on the bed which I included pictures of in my email to the manager. This place has gone down hill and they really were rude many times in Chinese (not realising that we have lived in China for many years) and that we understood them.

Big room, comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Room

Not a very convenient location of you want to go to the city center, a few things in the room need tot be fixed

Lots of facilities available, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Room

Have booked a room with Booking.com Genious Price of 400+ RMD, but finally was asked to pay standard room price of 600 RMD. Was not pleased with this fact.

Everything connected with room quality was excellent. Staff speaks English.

They charged me twice before arrival (though Booking told me it's only at the hotel, then second time when I checked out. Poor English of the staff

• Deluxe Room

We stayed 3 nights with 2 people & then returned for one night w/ one person. The first room was outstanding. The room for 3 people was not as nice. It needed attention.

The concierge was very helpful.

• Deluxe Room

WiFi, it was slow and I had to ask for a router. They realise that the Wifi is slow, why not put routers in the room before you arrive, or, improve the Wifi?

Room was quiet, cool and comfortable in a nice area of Beijing, the room rate for my room on both occasions was excellent compared to similar hotels in Bejing.

• Deluxe Room

Staff should be trained and groomed about Visa entry to China at reception desk. The Manager too. They argue too much with customers about regulations they are not at all aware of........Training and development are of the essence...Keeping abreast of new rules helps provide Excellent services.....

• Deluxe Room

I was in this Hotel few times before and my stay was ok. This time I have arrived at the Hotel around 1am, and my surprise was the following morning to discover that my room doesn't have windows. That was a very bad surprise! It was not mentioned when I did my booking!

• Deluxe Room

There was construction in the same building of the hotel but we didn't get notified upon booking.

Good location if you want to explore Lido area. Although the facility is old, it maintained well. The service is good and up to international standard. Will come back again.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Business Room

I arrived in the evening with my young daughter and was told that there was no room in the hotel despite booking through this site and clutching my confirmation. At first they tried to downgrade us to a horrible apartment room with bare lightbulbs, a long walk to the hotel in a poorly lit area of the complex. My daughter was obviously upset and didn't want to stay in the very bare apartment with no facilities nearby. Eventually after at least an hour of begging them to find us a different room they found one in the hotel. It took a great deal of patience to get somewhere half decent to stay which, as a woman travelling alone with a child late at night, I found disturbing. The double room on the executive floor was very comfortable and very clean although there was a lingering smell of smoke despite it being a no smoking floor. After two days we moved to a hotel nearer to the airport which was half the price and double the luxury with decent customer service.

I had stayed at the Metropark when it was previously the Holiday Inn and loved the location and the shopping close by. The area is walking distance to 798 art district and has lots of good restaurants and shops close to hand. Within the hotel complex there is a good range of western coffee shops and a great deli. A few minutes walk fro the hotel is the wonderful Taipan massage spa where you can get the best foot massage ever.

• Executive Room

Nevertheless - Hotel has come in its years and the rooms are overdue to be renovated.

Stayed at the Executive Floor - service here is unquestionable good!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

The hotel and the rooms are ageing and would need a refreshing. Not much to do right outside of the hotel

Not too far from airport and always rooms available. Enough for a short stay

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

The hotel can not reserve a Taxi for an early flight.

Perfect location. It's not far from the airport, and you can find lots of good restaurant near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Booking to the hotel seems to be an issue for on Chinese people. Some maintenance was being done and we had to move to another for as the chemical smell was to much. Also we booked a superior room and there seems to be no clear understanding from the staff what the room types are, we had to change rooms and it was not the same standard.

The room was ok and comfortable, the hotel is well placed for our need

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Business Room

Not many activities around the hotel.

Professional service in an hotel with plenty of rooms. Always a possibility to stay there. Close to the airport, but still mind the traffic to the airport even early morning. The airport taxi drivers might complain due to the short distance. Room are comfortable and quiet even though some would need a refreshing.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Early check in. They kept the clothes that I accidentally forgot to take with me and allowed my friend to collect for me. Wake up call was on time.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Building itself showing its age - worn carpet peeling paint/wallpaper. Not the best location for tourist spots

Staff friendly and spoke some English. Very clean. Comfortable bed. Room and bathroom reasonable size.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

the air condition seems not working well, always cold, cannot be warmer, have to switch it off. The ethernet not working for me, the wifi is free but some weak and no password, to be secure, to use VPN if you have.

Room changed to a bigger one without extra charge, clean and quite, serve and staff are very good, the breakfast has many choice including Chinese food. Over standard level of service. Location is in north east of Beijing, can access center of city by subway or taxi. Public park just near for relax, and plenty of choice of food inside the Lido square and also inside the building. Public service also available including bank, post office, ATM, shops, restaurants etc...

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

My room did not have a window, I wasn`t told this until I booked in, I asked for a change of room to be told that they didn`t have another room, try tomorrow, I asked every day. Not being able to have natural light or open the window to get some fresh air completely spoiled my stay, Travelling for business since the 1980`s and never stayed in a hotel without a window, like being put into solitary confinement-never again

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

I was very sick immediately after eating the room service breakfast. Not enough breakfast options to have in the restaurant - say an option to have a continental breakfast instead of a full breakfast. The breakfast buffet was very expensive

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

1: The booking.com booking included two adults and one child, and included breakfast. However, on checkin they first said only one breakfast was included. When I insisted, they grumblingly said two breakfasts were included, but not the child, with no justification whatsoever. In the morning, our child was admitted to breakfast without discussion or extra payment. 2: They didn't have the booked room type available and first tried to downgrade us without compensation. Only after discussion they agreed to upgrade us. 3: The lock of the room did not work, we had to camp in the corridor with the whole family for 30 minutes until the problem got sorted.

After a lot of discussion, we finally ended up with a upgrade to a suite and a couple of drinks vouchers. I still would have preferred to just get what we booked without all the stress.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast in the restaurant was terrible & overpriced. Staff was rude & surly which put us off. We were made to feel unwelcome in the restaurant. We lost our daughter's princess bag by the lobby of great sentimental value - the staff did not care to know & we've never heard back about it

The location is great!

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast in the hotel was excelant western buffet. The best breakfast in all our long tour in China.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was little stress. Old design room

Traffic nearby

Management

• Superior Double or Twin Room

they always put me in the old wing, because of cheap price probably. This part needs renovation

• Deluxe Room

It was to cold in the room and heating not possible!

rooms view not good

it is ok but view not good

• Deluxe Room

Everything was fine. Clean and well run hotel

Good value in Beijing although not exactly 'downtown'

• Deluxe Room

No problems, everything was fine

Good value in Beijing, and close to where I needed to be for work, although not exactly 'downtown' Beijing

• Deluxe Room

Very comfortable and convenient hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Rooms and bathrooms (especially) are looking old and run down.

Bed was comfortable and room was spacious.

The wifi

Staff was nice, got me a taxi immediately when I requested

• Deluxe Room

Our room was huge and location was very convenient.

More English-speaking TV channels

Staff in restaurant were very friendly Very comfortable stay!

breakfast too expensive 158RMB per person

Keycard was striking often

morning coffee at the breakfest excellent!

• Deluxe Room

Musty smelling in the accommodation area

Sengene.

• Deluxe Room

Rooms are hard to locate

Pool, spa

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

The room was smaller than expected and the bathroom very small.

A great swimming pool and hot tub. Also, an excellent location.

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast buffet was too expensive

Really good location - plenty to do outside in easy walking distance

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

The location is so good. Very convenient .

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

I used a wheelchair. Bathroom door is thought to be a little narrower for me.

Breakfast was very delicious to me.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

CERTAIN STAFFS ARE RUDE TO THE GUEST.

THE LOCATION IS CONVENIENT AND THE BED IS COMFORTABLE. THE SERVICE NOT BAD.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

This hotel in the china town !!!!

Wery expensive breakfast

english is much less

The buffet

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Executive Room

info on my executive room facilities

bed was ok

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Front desk service

Pool

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Coffee

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Good location, friendly staff, clean and with a pool. a lot of restaurants around. My preferred hotels in Beijing

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

English Language Was a Problem

Food and Facilities

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

non

Stuff are really helpful and thoughtful. Room is clean and quiet

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

the breakfast could have had more western dishes.full cream milk would also be appreciated-not everyone enjoys skim milk. the reception area needs new decor

the room was very clean and towels fresh. staff at reception were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Badly trained Chinese staff that speaks their own language in front of you amongst each other and seemed to be overly busy with their own activities more so than tending to guests at the front desk. Western staff also spoke French discussing our reservation amongst themselves. On the second night I called the reception desk with a complaint about our neighbouring guests smoking in their room. Only after three times calling and complaining with a more aggressive tone we got a different room for that night, but I don't think they ever did anything about the smoking guests. The cleanliness of the room was also much to be left desired. The room was old and stains and damages were all over the place. Especially the bathroom needs to be clean, but can't be considered clean for a hotel of this level.

The location was the only good thing about this hotel. I've known the hotel for what it was when it was still Holiday Inn and it's losing stars as we speak.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

The restaurant staff was not very helpful. Cook did not want to prepare fresh foods when requested. Bed was somewhat hard.

Front dest staff was awesome. Workout room and pool were awesome as well. Breakfast was pricy and average.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

The hotel is old and the toilet smells of urine. Breakfast costs as much as the room. Automatic doors are hit and miss with the key card.

There is shopping all around

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

When we first checked in, our non-smoking room reeked of smoke. However, the staff was very quick in finding us one that was smoke free. This hotel is not close to public transport, so for any site-seeing, it is necessary to take a taxi.

Our room was very comfortable and had a good view. The staff were very helpful and responsive. It was walking distance to many great places to eat - local and foreign. There are several places to eat within the hotel complex as well. It was just a short walk to the Beijing United Family Hospital and clinics, an excellent medical facility. It is easy to get a taxi for going to other parts of town or to the airport. If you need one at a certain time, the concierge was very helpful in calling ahead of time for one. (We had to leave for the airport at 3 am.)

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

the hotel charged me more than what was confirmed by Bookings.com. I had to argue with the reception staff to let them agree with the Bookings.com rate. please be careful. they repeated this second time over.

location for my business

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

I wasn't happy with the service and quality of continental breakfast. I've to ask someone to clean the table. Was served cold tea. Croissant was also of poor quality. Mostly there used to be someone for evening service who if I do not open the door tries to enter causing my rest disturbing as I was their for some business.

Room service, cleanliness. Most of the staff at reception could speak english. Number of good restaurant within hotel. Good small pharmacy. Bank also inside the hotel

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Old worn furnishings, needs a major refurbishment ! Air conditioning very very cold...

Efficient and early housekeeping service. Friendly staff esp. the Chief Concierge Li Gang who made great efforts to assist us in our transportation needs.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Staff is limited in english speaking, the wifi does not allow Facebook and google.

Very comfortable hotel, nice service and very helpful staff! The pool was nice, although the jacuzzi did not work while we where there.

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.