Reviews of InterContinental Shanghai Pudong

No. 777 Zhangyang Road, Pudong, 200120 Shanghai, China

#54 of 802 hotels in Shanghai

In general it was pleasant and useful, but professionalism can be improved
    • Superior King Room

Some staff members handled our events weren't very professional and made inappropriate requests asking for gifts we prepared for our guests, also, whilst we were still in the venue, the responsible person was making comments with his colleague about the booking time and length etc. which they could exchange their conversation outside of the venue other than inside, whilst our events weren't exactly finished.

Breakfast selection and all were very tasty - happy with them.

Great location, it is not far from the station and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The place is getting old compared to the past years.

Great location, it is not far from the station and surrounded with shopping mall and food arcade. The breakfast was good.

It’s like coming home
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Checkin and check out are sometimes slow in process

The staff throughout are friendly and thoughtful temembering not only you but your typical needs. I hadn’t been back in three months and when I returned it was as if I never left, including remembering I like fresh carrot juice and cappacinno with my breakfast !

Great experience at the lovely hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check in was a bit slow.

The hotel is lovely. The room was beautiful. We upgraded to a suite for a “deal” that included breakfast. The location in Pudong was very good. We were able to walk to the river in the morning before we checked out.

Wonderful room, relaxing stay, mediocre buffet
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The dinner buffet was not great. Beforehand I called and asked for more info on the food and they said it is ‘western’. I’m vegetarian (no meat or fish) however this made up most of the buffet and I didn’t find it a good western buffet so I ordered from the a la Carte menu which was nice. Buffet is nowhere near comparable to that of the Marriott unfortunately. I’m aware the pool and fitness facilities are not related to the intercontinental directly. The desk staff weren’t helpful, I had to return twice for a key to the locker and directions. She seemed confused I asked for a locker to leave my bag and clothes inside before I swam? Not great. However the small steam room and sauna was fine as there was only myself and another guest. The pool itself is small. There were four of us and it felt crowded.

Comfy bed, great bathroom facilities in the club suite we booked.

Intercontinental is always our precedence
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff competence in english very poor, exception concierge-Service

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Restaurant too noisy / in other respects, was in all restaurants the staff competence in english very poor. Cuisine-Quality is ok. Concierge-Service feature unsurpassable. We got so many hints which made our stay amazing. Thanks

Classic 5star hotel well suited to meet the needs of business traveler
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had no problems with my stay.

Intercontinental Shanghai Pudong is in a good location and the staff I dealt with were pleasant and helpful. Front Desk handled check-in/out quickly and I was on my way!. The hotel main areas are spacious with a large bar and lounge, cafe/dining room. The selection and range of foods on offer for breakfast buffet was up there with the best, plus 'cook to order' items are available too. The staff were attentive offering coffee refills and fresh juice. My room was large, clean and comfortable, with plenty of space to work and relax.

A big hotel with a small restaurant, as the Chinese new year...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A big hotel with a small restaurant, as the Chinese new year, a lot of people lives in, always a long line for breakfirst around 8 o'clock.(breakfirst offer to 10 or 11 oclock.)

Great hotel, great staff, amazing breakfast in a great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Honestly, very little. Maybe the price of the drinks in the bar, but it was about average for Shanghai if I'm honest....

The hotel was exactly as expected from such a well known high-end hotel. Room was clean and well-appointed. The shower was amazing and bed extremely comfortable. All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and very attentive. The best point? Breakfast. What an amazing array of food. Simply amazing. Great coffee and freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

Walls to thin could here the guy snoring next door!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Price of the drinks are a joke!!! Won’t stay here again because I would need a shed load of money to drink in the bar!! RIP off!!

Staff were excellent

Perfect Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool was too small and deceiving from the pictures and the sauna was cold. They need to revamp their facilities here in line with other 5 star hotels

We were celebrating our 5th anniversary but had forgotten our passports. Staff gave us instructions to register at police station so they could let us check in. Whilst we were doing that, they had decorated our room and given us a bottle of wine. The room was excellent, bed was one of the most comfortable I’ve experienced and we loved our stay including the wonderful breakfast. This will be my go to hotel now In Shanghai

Great hotel. A bit pricey
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit over priced for the room. Was expecting larger bed and should have given the breakfast included with the price

Very good area with many choices of restaurant around. The room is well litted and cozy.

Good location and value for money.
    • Superior King Room

Lack of information on airport transfer even when that I contacted the Hotel. At the Airport taxis offer their service in the name of the hotel for triple price but this service does not belong to the hotel and nobody stops cheating on tourists. Concierge was not honest about the public transport and pushed us to use taxi. Dinner is expensive in the hotel.

Excellent fresh fruit juice for breakfast, great variety of food with very kind and professional service.

The staff were friendly and the room was very nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff tried to sell us club services when we only wanted breakfast which was very expensive and the deposit was also very expensive and not returned for weeks after checking out.

The staff were friendly and the room was very nice. Cleaning and turndown service always came at the same time.

Very good but pricey.
    • Superior King Room

We asked about getting a portable bed being brought to the room for two nights and were told the extra cost would be almost as much as another room. After declining this, our son found a room at another hotel for half of what we were told the extra bed would cost. When we questioned this extra cost at checkout we were told the information we were given was incorrect, but the cost would still have been more than what our son paid at the other hotel for an entire room.

the bed was great, the room quite, slept very well

Very effective stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The survey Intercontinental ask you to fill in online. Too long. survey is nice especially if you want to show your gratitude to the staff. But this survey is too long and doesn't deliver anything in the end because you stop filling it in.

Sky the concierge made stay very comfortable and easy. Appreciated also the lady at check in for the corner room I received.

A very comfortable hotel with attentive staff.
    • Superior King Room

The pool is vastly smaller than it appears in photos, and due to how quiet the fitness centre was, staff had decided to have the steam room and sauna on the lowest setting, which meant they were not usuable unless you were willing to wait for them to heat up. At 10 minutes I gave up and left the sauna.

The room was very well equipped and comfortable; the range of breakfast options on the buffet spread widely across both western and Asian tastes. The hotel is very close to Century Avenue subway station, which is a transfer station to most lines, so convenient.

excellent!
    • Superior King Room

I had an early flight and didn't get a chance to have enough time to sit down and have a breakfast. So the staff offered me to pack the breakfast, juices and coffee, so I can eat on my way to the airport. The service is excellent!

The hotel is gorgeous and the room was outstanding, even...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The buffet was poor; low quality food and lacking-experience cheffs. The pool was also not comfortable to relax at.

The hotel is gorgeous and the room was outstanding, even without the view of the beautiful Bund. The staffs were friendly, dedicated, and well-trained, ready to accomodate any of my needs thus making my stay super pleasant.

Great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a 90's fashion hotel, the decoration was elegant anyway. The hotel was now under renovation and quite noisy in the morning.

Great location! We had lunch in the Chinese restaurant and it's fabulous! Highly recommended the pork belly braised with black tea and shrimp with crispy fried noodle. They're so good, tasty and not oily.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

VERY POORLY MAINTAINED

NOTHING

The hotel stay was too expensive , the room service very poor no milk to make coffee , no drinking water replaced , to cleaning the room or changing the linen and towels , NO VALUE FOR MONEY WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO STAY

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Trash company next to this hotel and working during night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is hiding the negative facts to customers - there is a trash company located next to the hotel and they work overnight. So, I was seriously disturbed during sleep. I had an 15 hrs flight the next day, so was expecting to take a good break the night before but was super regret to stay in this hotel. Plus, they always knew that the trash company would keep working during night, but they choose not to tell you when you check-in, until you are disturbed and so-called "unlucky". If you want to be this "unlucky" person then probably could have a try - I definitely avoid this one. There are so many choices around though.

The breakfast is pretty good

Lovely hotel, great staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

When I was there they were refurbishing floors near the one my room was on. As I was also working some days, the din during the day was unbearable (even in the exec lounge on the top floor). When I asked to be moved the front desk people were pleasant and worked to move me. Then things were much better. The concierge and front desk people were great. I'll definitely return - obviously the construction was just temporary, the timing of my stay unfortunately coincided with it.

Excellent breakfast, very comfortable bed, great spa/gym, and fantastic staff. A little pricey, but worth it for all these reasons -especially if you are staying for a few days.

Since it is important to have a good workout facility, I'm not sure I would stay here again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

GYM was too small, limited amount of exercise options for muscle groups, often crowded.

The breakfast buffet was very good and staff at breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Great service, feels like home
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately there were one or two ladies at the reception counter that were not as attentive as the rest of their team.

The staff (especially the concierge team) were extremely friendly and helpful. We relied on the concierge team during this trip, and they gave us lots of advices, including transport, eatery. We were extremely thankful on how responsive they were on helping us to sort out transport to zhujiajiao (an ancient Chinese town) in very short time. Service was absolutely on point. They were lots of smiles on everyone's faces, even the cleaners greeted us every morning. It is the every little details that this hotel pay attentions to made my trip memorable. This hotel did give me a homey kind of feeling. I am definitely returning to this hotel next time.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Classy hotel with some possible facility upgrades
    • Business King Suite

The gym is quite small compared to hotel size...cardio machines are top of the range but the rest of the equipment is quite old...should have a major upgrade

very good location and fantastic concierge service..the hotel is well maintained and the rooms very cosy

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

First (female) bartender was very uninterested second day, better bartender. very good service. Bar was a bit of "dead" place. could be the time of the week/season.

Room is spacious, clean, nice decorated. nice view outside, nice view into the central hall inside. Breakfast is about the best I ever experienced. staff is extreme hospitable.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great service, comfortable rooms, bad location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is showing it's age, although rooms have been updated well. Location is not great, not a lot in the local area.

Attentive staff at check in noticed I was waiting and took me to another desk. Room was big and comfortable. Great value for Shanghai.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Totally 5 star in every way a real experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Just a word of caution, the location to the Pudong airport is about 1 hour and longer in the rush hour so beware of thinking like me that it was close because it said Pudond. China is a very big place!

This hotel is totally 5 star. There is nothing to complain about here

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Nice location with spacious & comfortable room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't expect so much disturbance for fixing stuff or extra services.

Nice location with spacious & comfortable room (especially bedding). Many food & shops around. Better the other Inter-con I've been.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Good bussiness hotel in Pudong for a reasonable price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

TV in the room had a very unstable and poor image and sound..

Got upgraded to a club suite room for an additional charge of 255 RMB which included the breakfastbuffet. Breakfast buffet was good. Especially the fresh orange juice in the bottles was a nice touch. Staff was very helpfull in arranging local transportation.

Bed is comfy and staff very accommodating

Bed is comfy and staff very accommodating

Good for business trip, 2nd time to stay here.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Good for business trip, 2nd time to stay here....

Excellent choice for a weekend in Shanghai.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was excellent. Speedy check in and check out. Spacious room with great bathroom. Bed very comfortable.

Location and cleanliness

Lack of good and quiet restaurant - very noisy coffee house especially during buffet time just like a noisy market

Location and cleanliness

Perfect!

Really great hotel - friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds and rooms, and a general good vibe.

Excellent Location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast serving staff, low English level

Too expensive
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel but everything is excessively expensive.

comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

break fast had huge varieties and staff were very polite

perfect location

perfect location

5 star price, 4 star experience.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Small, dingy pool. Smoky smell in rooms. Overpriced food of middling quality.

Very comfortable bed, great shower. Quite good location.

Good stay I enjoyed it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The WiFi keeps on fluctuating they should stabilize it for clients efficiency.

The set up arrangements in the room is good.

Room service was prompt and nice big rooms and bathrooms

Bath bit small

Room service was prompt and nice big rooms and bathrooms

Really good service

Really good service

The room facility is a bit old but the staff are very helpful and nice. The breakfast is standard.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facility looks a bit old.the air-conditioning doesn't seem to be working optimal.

The staff were very helpful.

Great hotel near from metro station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool area was a bit cold.

Great hotel near from metro station. Very good breakfast, good drinks in bar and nice personal.

Excellent Western Style Omelettes

bar on ground floor

bar on ground floor

Great breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Small pool. Small and busy gym

Great breakfast. Fresh juices.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location. Staff much better than most hotels in Beijing (I know this is Shanghai).

Exceptional at all levels.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent. From the hotel staff and rooms, to the amazing breakfast. Exceptional hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Neat and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not enough sitting places at the lobby

Neat and clean. Room is in good size.

What you would expect in Shanghai for the money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was too hot and couldn't make cooler. Had to open window to let in 2°C.

Excellent.

excellent.

Everything is good!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No ihg point if book this hotel via booking.com

Everything is good!

Will continue to be my hotel of choice in Shanghai
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet speed not very good.

Staff. location, facilities

Location, stuff,room,service,breakfast very very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All things very good actually

Most recommended
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of thr best hotels, for a reasonable price, I have ever been to.

Wonderful service

Breakfast and room

The staff at the bar were very friendly and fun.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff at the bar were very friendly and fun.

bad experience
    • Premier King Suite

there was bug in the hotel biting my legs with 8 wounds.... very dirty ...the gym is old and small and noisy....

Breakfast should have been included

Breakfast should have been included

I recommend !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

good location, nice room and amenity, friendly staff... good breakfast and good service.

Great Dinner Buffet !

Great Dinner Buffet !

Pleasant and convenient
    • Superior King Room

Bar lounge is a bit crowded

Location and friendly staff

Best place to stay in Pudung/Shanghai
    • Superior King Room

Reception staff most professional I have seen I a long time. Torres bar tender nice and good service. Other staff friendly and helpful.

perfect
    • Club InterContinental Room

Great club lounge, friendly staff and excellent location

The cleaning lady came in whilst I was showering, I had...
    • Superior King Room

The cleaning lady came in whilst I was showering, I had music on and I couldn't hear the bell.

Won't go back.
    • Club King Room

Property needs an update. Not good value compared to other properties in the same price range.

Staff

Great bed, excellent location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air con either frozen of boiling - no middle ground.

Great bed, excellent location.

Friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, dreadful pool.
    • Superior King Room

Swimming pool was awful. Way too small and over chlorinated. Large visible chunks of chemicals on base of pool.

Room, breakfast, staff.

Hotel is good location , near the 96plaza just walk 200m...

Hotel is good location , near the 96plaza just walk 200m have many restaurant at there,

Good breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Remodeling work caused some noise.

Good breakfast. Excellent location if you plan to take advantage of the metro.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Comfortable and clean room.

WiFi could have been faster.

Comfortable and clean room. Staff very helpful and all spoke English. Good breakfast.