Reviews of Jin Jiang Pacific Hotel

108 West Nanjing Road, Huangpu, 200003 Shanghai, China

#354 of 817 hotels in Shanghai

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Great location, character hotel, comfortable and well priced
    • Superior Twin Room

Location is brilliant, twin room spacious, clean and staff efficient and polite. Had an issue with room on the first night where it seemed all air vents led to smoke and cooking smells. Went down to reception next morning, checked out another room and moved, staying for 5 night in all. It is a great hotel with lots of character and comfortable, spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Rooms are smaller comparatively, location is nice, peaceful environment, STAIRS at main door :(
    • Standard Twin Room

Stairs at main door, I have to carry my heavy bags, then again in the lobby there were 2 parts on each floor while lift only stops at superior rooms floor so again i have to carry my heavy bags on stairs.

Location is very nice!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Efficient
    • Standard Twin Room

We get there for the week end and it was very well located for discovering the city in such limited time. We did not spend so much time there (only few hours or so) so it was okay. However for longer stay or lazy ones enjoying view decoration and or long breakfast I do not recommend. Soundproof not there; quite noisy nearby the elevator.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

• Standard Twin Room

They charged me extra money for the room which i booked from booking.com, i select the room from options of booking.com, when i was complaining about the room that it is very small & don’t match as per my booking, the receptionist told me very harshly that talk with booking.com, don’t argue with us. Its really very strange & shake my confidence to booking.com

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Lots to see
    • Standard Twin Room

The bar was a little pricey but had a nice ambiance

The location was good- close to metro and also easy to walk to the bund and the pedestrian mall. Room was spacious and clean with a bathtub and a bidet.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Hotel facilities are poor.

The location of the hotel is nice. It is right at Nanjing Street

The breakfast was not included in deal and I had no intimation about this. There was some cost issues as well. Not sure how much money has been charged at my Credit Card, while I was made to pay RMB 1960 (cash) while checking in the hotel. This all was confusing and misleading. Rooms were smelly.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

No view from bedroom window , next door building !! Bit musty smelling , but it added to character of building

Hotel was right across road from metro. , next door to one of many shopping malls in area . Rooms were big , plenty of space

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great location, value for money and clean corridors.
    • Standard King Room

Quality of toiletteries was poor and room furnishings were old. Mattresses were worn out. House keeping service was also inadequate. Not good for business trips.

Great location, value for money and clean corridors.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Overall a pleasant stay.

The concierge is located after the steps up to the hotel, so not much use if you need assistance with luggage. The room and the bed sheets are very humid in September.

Location is great, opposite the people square subway station exit no. 8. The room is quite large in size.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Room, bed and bath.
    • Standard King Room

No lift from the entrance to the lobby. Doesn't matter. I am a sporty person and I was with healthy companions. But what about if I was with senior citizens? Not a single guy appeared to bring up the luggage...so lousy. I did not like that.

Room, bed and bath....all are good.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good hotel, excellent location
    • Superior Twin Room

The last day before we checked out (check out time 12 noon), we came back to the room around 10:30 from a stroll in the park hot and sweaty, wanting to have a shower but found to our dismay that all towels had already been taken away!

Good hotel in an excellent location, opposite People's park, with underground lines directly to train station and airports. The hotel has a nice 'old world' atmosphere. The staff were friendly. We booked a superior twin room but only realized when we got there that the room was facing an internal light well ( we were told all classic twin or superior twin only have windows facing light well or wall). We then decided to pay more to change to a 'room with view'. It was well worth the 100 yuan/per night extra, as the room on the fifth floor had beautiful view over the park and Shanghai skyline. The room was big and the beds were very comfortable. An excellent stay.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Overall is good!
    • Standard Twin Room

Just a little bit concern till I saw a mini cockroach ran out from bottom plate of the kettle when I was about to make myself a cup of coffee ... Wifi was unstable. Cannot browse a lot of sites and browsing slow some times.

Room was great. Upgrading activities in-progress, should be getting better appearance soon. Location was fantastic as right next to the shopping mall and such near to metro station. No complaint.

comfortable room in a good location
    • Standard King Room

The staff was somehow not too friendly. There is no lift to the lobby from the ground level and no one to help with luggage. They did not change the bedsheets. The air-condition was loud and you can hear noises both from the outside and from the corridor so I do not recommend for the light sleepers. The shower curtain really should be changed.

I like the spacious room and a huge and comfortable bed. I really had a good sleep there. The floor in the room was nicely carpeted. The bathroom had a big mirror and enough space to put cosmetics on the counter. The location of the hotel is very convenient, 3 metro lines have a stop just in front of it.

close to shopping area and subway - people park station exit...

close to shopping area and subway - people park station exit 8 is just opposite to the hotel. Staff Polite but hope can improve the check in procedure.

Avoid the the cheaper rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

If you get low end rooms, it's beyond appalling. The carpet in the hallway and in the room is so dirty you can grow plants if you put a seed in it.

Location next to the subway. Staff was pretty nice.

The bed was really comfortable and the staff very helpful...
    • Standard King Room

The water took a long time to empty from the shower and toilet and although we reported the problem it was not fixed. The other point was the cost of coffee and drinks at the little bar/coffee shop in the foyer, we had two coffees, two pieces of cake a beer and a soft drink and it cost $72.00! It did put us off eating there.

The bed was really comfortable and the staff very helpful and friendly. The location was great and the air conditioning worked very well.

Pictures and rating is way better than reality!
    • Standard King Room

Requested non-smoking and upper floor. View from the window was against the wall (see attached picture). Air in the room was not fresh - it was humid with some flavor of history. PS The Google Maps location link provided by Booking is around 1km in wrong place (shows Xinchang Rd which is incorrect).

Breakfast was not included in the price.
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast was not included in the price. I've stayed in several hotels in China and this is the first one that did not include breakfast. Other than that, everything was fine. The bed was especially comfortable by Chinese standards (which are usually quite stiff). The location of the hotel could not be better. Lots of great restaurants, shopping centers, museums, subway lines, and places of interest within walking distance.

Location was excellent and most of the staff were very...
    • Standard Twin Room

Although they are in the process of renovating some of the rooms are very old and has a musty smell. We had to request a change of room which they agreed to.

Location was excellent and most of the staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Overcharged by hotel
    • Standard King Room

Money was taken off our card before we arrived for one night. On the day we left they said we we still had to pay for 2 nights because bookings.com had taken money back. When we looked in our bank no money has been put pack in our account and a month later still hasnt.

Location good

Location is good, near to metro station
    • Standard King Room

Generally was unhappy with my stay 5 night in this hotel, staff was rude, room dirty, their staffs smoking in the building at 5th floor near to the lift even " no smoking " sign is clearly displayed anyway.... Will never come here again

Location is good, near to metro station

Worst hotel in shanghai
    • Superior King Room

Worst hotel in Shanghai. 1. Old building with bad odour smell from corner to corner 2. Worst customer service. 3. Ecpensive. Price in booking and actual price differs

Location is GREAT but service was very Poor
    • Classic King Room

The staffs werent nice at all. When we checked in we got complain how our luggage was heavy and many in mandarine language fortunately I understand them. What do you expect when you travel with a baby and you just came back from exhibition. I also asked for extra blanket and they said no not possible and it was back and forth from receptionist to housekeeping. Which I think it was ridiculous went to many four and five stars hotel it was never a problem. They dont speak english so it was hard to communicate. Carpet on the floor is extremely dirty. When me and my son sit on the carpet floor we got rashes instantly on our skin.

The location was great. That is the only good things on this hotel.

Is is very convenient near to line 2, two stop from the bund...
    • Standard King Room

I make a reservation for two adult and one kid, but when we was near to our trip I check my reservation and I saw the price was cheap, so I cancel it and I make a new reservation with the new price, when we arrive to the hotel they said I make a reservation for Just one person and I NEVER do it, so they charge 200 Yuan more. I was tired was late and I lost my telephone so can’t know my next hotel, so we decide to book the last monte there for couple days more. The price they charge us was higher. So wasn’t a good experience for us when just arrive China.

Is is very convenient near to line 2, two stop from the bund, very easy to go all around.

The location is great, close to metro and east nanjing...

Too much stairs to get into the lobby and if you are in the new building there is no elevator.

The location is great, close to metro and east nanjing pedestrian road.

A comfortable hotel in a great location
    • Standard King Room

The menu is not diverse, the food offered is mostly a selection of Chinese dishes. The menu would benefit from the addition of some western food, to ensure they cater for all their guests.

The staff were friendly and the rooms comfortable but a little tired. The style is Art Deco, which is lovely and gives the Hotel some opulence however, the colour scheme is a little dowdy and a little overbearing. The location is excellent, People's park both the park and the metro station are across the road, twenty minutes walk to the Museum and about the same to the Bund. I would happily stay here again.

Old mansion style hotel in good location
    • Standard Twin Room

There was no lift for some of the staircases. It is a little musty smelling but it is also a beautiful old buildings so that goes with the territory. Laundry was expensive.

Very close to station, and peoples square, beautiful old bar open until 2am. 1920's decor style. Helpful staff. Can walk to sights and shopping including the bund. Restaurants in hotel but we didnt have time to try them.

Very close to metro station 'People's square'...
    • Standard King Room

Outdated hotel, with very very thin walls so you could hear everything (neighbouring rooms, hallway ...), extreme high deposit (higher than our total hotel bill ...), not wel equipped bathroom ... needs a thorough make-over to meet modern traveller's needs

Very close to metro station 'People's square' which was convenient to explore the city

Great location ; Small room
    • Standard Twin Room

Facilities are old and room is too small.

More than 100 years Italian designed hotel. Strategic location, walking distance to one of the major metro hub i.e. People's Park and Nanjing Pedestrian Street.

Nothing in particular. I love staying in China.
    • Superior Twin Room

Because I can speak Chinese, our family ( including a five year old) had a great realationship with the concierge and doormen. The location was fabulous. Great tiny restaurants catering to locals on the nearest side street- Hubei Lu. Convenience stores nearby. Metro station across the street. Right on Nanjing road pedestrian shopping street. 3-4 minutes walking.

Bad experiencd
    • Standard King Room

Cleaning ladies cleaning rooms in the morning, yelling throughout the corridor, they wake you up. Even when asked to keep it down they do it eqrly morning late night, no regard for the guests. Breakfast is not that great, tongues for food felt on a floor, nooone changes them. Way to overpriced for what you get. Pillow cases had holes in them, sheets had stains even after changing them. All in all, very bad experience. Response rate before the trip was non existant, they charge you before you come to Hotel a security deposit to make sure you will come then they put a hold a deposit on your card and at the end of the trip instead of charging the bill from those 2 deposits, you pay again so money is stuck on hold kn your card for over a month. Bad experience.

Just good location.

Right across people’s park metro station, at exit 8!
    • Standard Twin Room

The loud noise at the park but ended around 10pm.... if it rain, the musician will leave early as well....

Right across people’s park metro station, at exit 8!!!

free upgrade to room and recommendation to airport transfer...
    • Standard King Room

My room is at other part of building and need to carry my luggage down the flight of stairs. Entrance is up a flight of stairs without lift to lobby

free upgrade to room and recommendation to airport transfer which is cheap. location too

Good and safe stay
    • Standard King Room

The staff in the reception area were focused on processing my paperwork and were not that welcoming. One male front desk person seemed nice, but was brief. It was a mystery that the light above the bar area near the door to my room never turned off. There was no switch to turn it off! Even withdrawing the room key card did not help. (I thought it might be considered a night light, though the actual night light was located near the bathroom and it had an off/on switch.)

The bed was comfortably cozy with the thick but light duvet cover. The room felt safe and it had a nice, clean bathroom. The housekeeping staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a great location, right across the street from the People's Square metro station.

The room and the bed
    • Standard King Room

Old look, carpets, the weird smell in the hallway... no elevator to my room. I had to carry my suitcase and there were quite few stairs.

The room and the bed

Travelling in old times in the heart of Shanghai
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was a bit stuffy. Breakfast is a bit basic

Ideally located on People's Square, kept in its original state, Pacific Hotel will carry you many years back. Enjoy the original wood-panelled rooms and corridors, breakfast over People's Square, East Nanjing Lu is just a few steps away, three metro lines at your doorstep... Don't expect the many amenities in one of the brand-new hotels in Shanghai, but this is part of Pacific Hotel's quaint charm!

The bell boy say Is history 92 year old and nice design...
    • Standard King Room

The reception is in upper floor and need to carry the luggage from the staircase

The bell boy say Is history 92 year old and nice design building saw it the reception counter is make by Italy Mable and design

Adequate accommodation thats situated right near metro line 2 to the major airports.
    • Superior King Room

We had a room on West Nanjing Street, ovelrooking Peoples Square - there was a cacaphony of musical sounds very lous until 10.30pm or so, which began again before 8 am. I suggest asking for a room on the other side of the hotel, in the newer wing.

Bed was comfortable, room size very good. Hotel building itself a historical gem.

Nice old style hotel but well refurbished .
    • Standard King Room

The first floor with no elevator only stairway!!

Nice old style hotel but well refurbished . Position is Great and service is getting better ... compared to the last time I stayed there

Good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Each floor has a sub-floor only accessible by stairs. Amd there is a nother stairs before the entrance. A bit inconveient if you have big luggage.

Good location. Few steps away from walking shopping street. Room is big and bed is comfortable. Fast checkin checkout process

Good value for money
    • Standard King Room

I was in a standard room on the third floor. It was a pain to carry my luggage up the stairs to my room, as the lift doesn't service this floor, and there was no offer of help.

The Hotel is full of Art Deco style, the main rooms are a treat!

Perfect location, poor staff
    • Standard King Room

At the reception desk you can hardly communicate in English although most of guests are foreigners. After 3 days of my 6-days-stay my room was locked by the staff and it took over an hour to solve the problem caused by one of reception girl. Despite perfect location I guess I’ll not come back again.

Excellent location just opposite People Square Metro Station. Very good cleaning service.

Front desk staff is good and experience.
    • Standard King Room

Room telephone not working, so i asked to change the room and the house-keeping staff minus the water bottle and towel i used from my new room instead of replacing the new ones from the store. Forget to replace my towel after house-keeping.

proximity to shopping and subway. clean and well maintained

The stay was okay, communication somewhat of a problem.
    • Standard Twin Room

The cigarette smell throughout the hotel. Restaurant unable to serve cold beer

The bed was comfortable. Room cleaner did good job. The lifts were excellent. Reception was helpful. Good selection of food for breakfast.

The location is great-- near the main street of Shanghai and...
    • Standard King Room

Can't remember. We were in a lot of hotels!

The location is great-- near the main street of Shanghai and People's Park and subway and bus lines. Watch for groups dancing and exercising across the way from the hotel. We also liked the historic, that is, early 20th century, tone of the hotel and their exhibit of historic photos.

The position is perfect, just in front of People’s square.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was also “old”, like the entire hotel anyway. The staff has limited knowledge of English language so sometimes it gets hard to make them understand you.

The position is perfect, just in front of People’s square. The room I had was also really big and comfortable.

Cant rest well!

Noisy. Very very noisy.. noise came from electrical repair work for room next door on first day and a few hotel staffs having conversation very loudly right outside my room in the morning. The next few mornings, there were loud hacking and knocking to another room next door. I was awakening by loud knocking and scrapping sound to the wall of my bedhead and Its was extremely uncomfortable to rest. . I was told they are replacing the wall paper next door. The slamming of doors is also extrememly disturbing especially during the night. Basically, the hotel is not sound proof at all.

Fantastic location

Fantastic location, safe and comfortable
    • Standard King Room

There is a flight of stairs from street level to the main building entrance cos this is a colonial era designed building so u may need to carry suitcases up. But when i check out, the staff offered to carry for us. No issues. Some users say they ve problems with taxis. No such issues for me too cos plenty of taxis across the street and infront.

The beds were clean and very comfortable. Soft fluffy pillows. Location is fantastic. Subway directly opposite. 1 stop to The Bund, Yuyuan Gardens and 2 stops to Pearl Tower. 5 min walk to the most famous shopping street in China and Madam Tussard / shopping complex next door. Breakfast was good too with variety. But better to go out and try the local street foods just a short walk away at Nanjing Road.

People next to my room smoked cigarettes heavily.
    • Classic King Room with City View

People next to my room smoked cigarettes heavily. It was not allowed. I immediately informed The Hotel Management that Could not do enough to stop this and for the first 2 days I had to smell some cigarettes smoke in my room.

Moist, uncomfortable, and not recommended!
    • Superior King Room

Definitely do not stay here for business. If you are backpacking and looking for a lower cost option, then this could work for you. It was damp, warm, there were gnats, and we all felt itchy. The elevators were tiny, the hallways smelled of urine and smoke. We stayed for one night, as it was too late to leave that night, and then left in the morning for a much nicer place (Marriott Renaissance Yu Garden, which was A+).

Good location.

Ideally placed hotel with 1920s flair
    • Standard King Room

I had no view. However, I took a cheap room, so I was given one at the back of the hotel....

The Jin Jiang Pacific Hotel is ideally situated opposite the People's Square and just a 15 minute walk to the Bund. Staff are extremely helpful and efficient and the room was very ckean. It is a great way to start your trip in Shanghai due to the 1920s opulence of the hotel itself!

A good neighborhood, but difficult to understand the payment options
    • Standard Twin Room

It was not made clear by the hotel or booking.com that a “credit card check” would take place prior to arriving. According to Booking.com the hotel was going to charge a prepayment for the first night. This was not the case. The hotel charged roughly a one night stay prior to my arrival (as a check to make sure my credit card was valid) only to arrive to pay for the two nights PLUS another deposit. So roughly we paid twice as much as we should have and it was not clear as to why they didn’t take the prepayment of one night as half of the payment. When you check out they give the deposit back by canceling the original payment. It’s still unclear about the “prepayment” that was paid. I’m just waiting for my bank account to show if it was returned or canceled. I would pay in cash next time to be more clear. Also, for one of the nights we stayed, due to something in the neighborhood or hotel, the water supply was temporarily stopped. It would have been nice to know this before arriving so we could have made other arrangements or the hotel could have given discounts.

The room was a nice size and the beds were comfortable. Free complimentary water bottles given daily was nice, and the bathroom facilities were nice. The hotel had different outlets (American and South Korean plugs were available along with Chinese plugs). Easy access to the subway station and a lot of shopping close by. A great value for the location

PATHETIC is the short sentence to sum up my stay at this hotel
    • Standard King Room

Everything right from arrival, on the road, you are with your bag and baggage, climb the stair case to the reception, check in, again climb two more stair cases to reach your room on the 3rd floor. if you are given 3rd floor, don't check in, ask first. Location may be great, just bang opposite to people square park, but getting a taxi, it's hell man, stay away

i rate this hotel very poor, because despite booking for 5 nights, they put me on 3rd floor and i had to walk carrying my bag and baggage, right from the road to reception area and then to my room. it was a physical torture, everything else was pathetic, what they need is just money, location may be close to the Metro subway stations, but for a taxi there are three more hotels ahead of this hotel, so most of the taxis are taken by those guests and you everytime have to wait for long to get a taxi or get disappointed without getting a taxi. Breakfast, no much options for veggies, it was literally pathetic. Never again to this hotel

Not godd at all.
    • Classic King Room with City View

The location was near People park that music by un-skilled people started from 6 o'clock in the morning until 12 PM with a lot of noise . Meanwhile there was no air condition and you face noise problem if open the windows.

I did like because it was located close to subway.

5.5
    Location is okay.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room needs to be modernized, irritating noice from the television and floor was not clean.

Location is okay. Near to People's Square and shopping streets

Overall it’s a hotel I would recommend for first time traveler, good price and location
    • Standard Twin Room

Room smells of cigarettes even when we booked a non smoking room. The staff acknowledged it but did nothing

Excellent location, directly across from people’s station exit 6, 5 minutes walk to pedestrian street. We’re also able to check in early and check out late which is a plus

Good room, safe feeling there
    • Standard Twin Room

Check in and out was rather difficult, many people dealing with me, one taking passports, one thrusting paper telling me to sign, another demanding deposit, one taking my luggage. All getting confused with each other and talking at each other rather than me.

The room was clean, comfy and felt very safe in there. Very good location to the shopping strip

Location is very nice, across people's park and close to...
    • Standard King Room

Stairs on hotel entrance, windows are useless, looking inside the building, everything inside the room is a bit old and dusty, wifi could be faster

Location is very nice, across people's park and close to Nanjing Road.

All is fine
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything is fine just need to be reconstructed

The hotel has perfect location,its in the heart of the city ,its near the bus station where is stop for tour bus ,you can try use the tours. The hotel is itself little bit antique))) but nice Near is exchange place next to the bank ,metro is just in front the line 2 takes you to airports

Very good location close from people square and metro...
    • Standard King Room

Hotel needs some refresh, but has to keep it's old fashion style

Very good location close from people square and metro entrance. Classic design for the rooms relevant with the 1930s style of the hotel

Very good location, easily acess everywhere with metro trains, a lot of eating options around.
    • Standard King Room

There is no ramps from street to to lobby, could be a bit hard for aged people with big luggage. There is no lift access the rooms in the back building

Super convenient location, comfortable big size king bed.

Good location next to metro and places of interest.
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower tap not working. Told the front desk to send service man but still unable to fix. Very old hotel and not well maintain. No lift from the main entrance to the reception

Good location next to metro and places of interest.

Just location

I,ve never seen such a rude staff or may be it was rule of manager anyway I suggest them to learn politeness and respect, speacially to elder parents...

Just location

DO NOT STAY HERE. Save your money and stay at one of the many better hotels in the area.
    • Superior Twin Room

-The front desk staff is HORRIBLE! They are a good enough reason make me want to change to a different hotel in the middle of my stay. They are rude and make no attempt to be helpful at all. I noticed in every interaction with them that no EVER smiled. During one of our first interactions with a man working at the front, we wanted to rent an extra bed for our room, he rolled his eyes at me and gave a disgusted look on his face because he couldn't understand what I was saying. In the end, they ended up charging us TWICE for the extra bed... and no refund was given. -MOLD in the hallways. Right when you get off the elevator, you can see big formations of mold running down the halls. -DO NOT STAY HERE. The staff will infuriate you. And the extra bed? It was a 4 inch foam pad on top of a metal rollaway.

The location is great! You're right on W Nanjing Rd and across the street from Pedestrian St (which is where all the bright lights and tourist gift shops are, beautiful area). Also about a mile from The Bund.

Fantastic trip to Shanghai. The best location hotel for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Nothing really. I’ve stayed at many hotels and there is always something you can think of. So we shall say nothing really stood out to complain about.

Great place right by the park. Just a short walk to the Bund and shops. Lots of local dancing and music across in the park in the evening and right next to the Metro.

Could have been so much better.
    • Standard King Room

On booking.com it said that there was a sauna and this was not true. I got a weird look from the manager and told that saunas have been closed down, as well as massage places. He then gave me a weird look.

Location and that it was a neo-classical hotel

nice stay, bit expensive for what it is.
    • Standard King Room

Didn't expect the cost to be so high when checking out.. Could have got a much nicer hotel for just a little bit more...

It was clean and quiet. The location was good..

Do not book this!!
    • Standard Twin Room

- Service is terrible, fees are not explained properly - The employees do not speak English - Deposit is not fixed, it is just made up - I asked how much deposit was and they said 9000 RMB for 2 rooms, 4 nights, asked why so high and they did not know how to explain. After being stressed about it, they calculated the cost per night and added 500 RMB more which totaled about 4700 RMB but they said, let’s just leave it at 5000 RMB (deposit is just a whatever number) - Told them the room was falling apart and answered that’s the room i booked (standard room means falling apart room) - They never vacuum the rooms, I got sick from so much dust - They never greet - Truly a bad experience

The only good about the hotel was the LOCATION!

Don’t book this just because is cheaper than hotels in the area, you will not have a good experience
    • Standard King Room

- TRULY BAD SERVICE - DISGUSTING ROOMS - ASKED FOR A NEW ROOM BECAUSE MINE WAS FALLING APART AND THEY SAID THATS THE ROOM I BOOKED (STANDARD ROOM MEANS OLD AND SMALL ROOM AT THIS HOTEL) - DEPOSIT IS JUST A RANDOM COST THEY DECIDE TO CHARGE YOU THAT DAY. - THE ROOMS ARE CLEANED IN 2 MINUTES - THEY NEVER USED THE VACUUM

Only the location.

Good if it's sale price, you're young and like wealthy shopping district
    • Superior Twin Room

One cup of coffee and one cup of tea totaled $16.00 USD. Only four lunch options in restaurant, little Chinese. On arrival, hotel exterior was not lit at all and my elderly husband had to try managing suitcases down 2 flights of stairs outside hotel in freezing cold snowy weather because bellhop was asleep at his desk and concierge did not awaken him to help until I insisted. Poor way to welcome, to say least.

Liked hotel's historical value and small museum. Lovely vanity extras. Helpful staff regarding taxis. Near wealthy shopping district, if you like that.

Rooms were comfortable and the location is excellent, very...
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were very unfriendly, often the front desk was unmanned with staff in a back room chatting. The room was also a little dark since the window was right next to a large building that blocked most of the light.

Rooms were comfortable and the location is excellent, very close to people's square station and nanjing rd

We were put into rooms facing renovations work, with noise from 9am to 6pm!
    • Superior Twin Room

We booked the hotel 1 month ago. This is our second time staying here. We specifically requested quiet room at higher floor. To our disappointment, the Hotel seemed to ignore our request. There was renovations work at the hotel from Level 3 to 5 during our stay. Despite our prior request and protest during stay, the Hotel still put us in Level 3. We were shaken by the sharp, strong drilling sound in the morning, and “entertained”by the free music from the ground floor karaoke at night!!! We insisted for a change of room the next day, then the Hotel said all rooms were occupied and could only move us to Level 5, which most rooms along our corridor were still under renovations. Our experience during this stay is not pleasant at all.

Good location. Just next to Nanjing Pedestrian St. People’s Sq Metro station is just opposite the hotel, easy to go everywhere by Metro

If you are looking for a hotel in the city center you can stay the hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was smelling and there was no view from Windows of the room.

Location is perfect. Metro station is very near. You can use metro to anywhere in Shanghai.

• Standard Twin Room

Very bad condition rooms, showed picture on booking.com is different n real different, when we complain they said they have this room only n it's error from booking.com Carpet was full of stain bathroom not as they showed in pics n we don't have option to switch hotel as we were too tired n it was 9pm when we checked in hotel

A éviter à tout prix !
    • Deluxe Double Room

Almost everything: the staff laughing when I said internet was not working, the rooms facing the in-front building wall, the breakfast ay $12USD with poor choice, the cleanliness of the hotel, AWFUL!