Reviews of Marco Polo Wuhan

159 Yanjiang Avenue, Jiangan, Jiang An, 430017 Wuhan, China

#6 of 116 hotels in Wuhan

All in all, a pleasant stay.
    • Superior King Room

Wall of the rooms are thin. You can hear the neighbor. Also the door does not fit the frame and there is space between door and floor/carpet. You can hear other guests outside. Chinese are noisy people! On top of that, some hotel guest were smoking outside the rooms in the corridor and the smoke blew inside our room. Disgusting!! I wonder why the management is tolerating such violation of the non smoking policy. The WIFI signal in Room 1401 is super weak. I had trouble finding the signal on my phone. Not really 5 star worthy equipment. Upgrade is needed in order to provide a strong signal!

Room was pretty new and bright. Location is top!

STELLAR SERVICE
    • Superior King Room

Any shortcomings were minor and soon corrected!

The staff in this excellent hotel truly understand the phrase "the cus!tomer is always right" because they not only were responsive but went out of their way time and again to accommodate our requests and wishes above and beyond their stated duties and always with a smile--they must have an excellent training program and a top-notch manager--we would stay there again in a minute!

The location is great, facing the Yangtze River.
    • Superior King Room

The pillows are too soft. The room price is very high according to the standard of the city. The hotel next to Marco Polo is Howard Johnson, which is a bit older and less nice than Marco Polo but 30% cheaper. The breakfast is 150 RMB per person. It is too expensive. The staff is fine but not active in offering service.

The location is great, facing the Yangtze River. Behind the hotel, there are both affordable popular restaurants and fancy restaurants and cafés. The room is spacious.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Average Chinese hotel
    • Superior King Room

The location was not so great.

The bed was comfortable and the room was nice but this is China still, no matter what they try to make western they always screw it up. Overall the hotel was nice especially since they do money exchange at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

outstanding
    • Superior Twin Room

I was falling down unconscious twice in the toilet. waked up by my own. My head badly bleeding. The staff helped me without any delay and took care of all. I had to sleep even in ICU of hospital for one day. The hotel done best ever service

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The bed was so comfortable and the staff was so kind and...
    • Superior King Room

I'm not sure how often my floor was vacuumed during my four-day stay. There was some hair that wasn't mine on the carpet.

The bed was so comfortable and the staff was so kind and accommodating when I had trouble with my credit card.

Excellent hotel in a fabulous location, unfortunately staffed by ineffective workers.
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

The staff, especially the concierge, was completely unhelpful.

The hotel was in an excellent location on the banks of the Yangtze River.

Nice hotel!!!
    • Superior Twin Room

No remarks

Brekafast was good, rooms nice and enough space. Nice desk to work.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The best in wuhan

Excellent service.wonderful location

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

They had taken 1000 usd for deposit and refunded in 12 days, way too long

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

pretty good view and great location
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

distance to the metro station is a little bit long.

beside the bund. pretty nice view. if you call a cab, location wouldn't be a big issue.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

The staff in incredibly helpful, they helped me get a sim...

The staff in incredibly helpful, they helped me get a sim card since the one I bought was not compatible with my phone; I stayed at the hotel and all was done for me. Really efficient and kind... I surely recommend this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Excellent location on the Bund.

Never enough coffee in the room? Evidently, the carpet was not cleaned every day.

Excellent location on the Bund. Comfortable room, with lovely view of the river.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Overall probably the best Hotel I have stayed in China,...

Overall probably the best Hotel I have stayed in China, staff amazing, all can speak English well. Concierge Desk was great, when I realised I couldn't book online a train ticket, was nothing for them to go to train station on my behalf. Utterly memorable stay.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The comfort the view and service

The service by the doormen - they should help you get a taxi The bellman who takes your baggage to your room should familiarise you with the facilities in your room

The comfort the view and service

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Able to see Chang Jiang River view

When I checked in, I formally told the reception, I booked for 4 days, 2.8-2-12! They requested my credit card and locked 6000 RMB payment! However, my room keys were only available for one day! No one told me I have to renew my room keys every single day until 2.11 afternoon! When I renewed my room key on the second day, I asked why my room keys were disabled, reception did not give me a good reason just renewed for me. I repeated that I will stay here for four days and I paid already! Reception said, thanks Miss Wang, your room keys are ok now! But next morning when I went out and come back, room keys are declined, people looking at me in the lift. They thought I am thief who try to go up without key! Totally disappointed! Even I am Macro Polo member since 2004!

Able to see Chang Jiang River view

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

everything

dont have wine bottle openers ! actually have only one in the restaurant. So they are happy to open your bottle of wine - but not leave the opener in your room

everything

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Facilities cleanliness

Pillows were not good

Facilities cleanliness

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Just next to the riverside park.

Just next to the riverside park. Great for leisure walk. Walking distance to Jianghan Street.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Could do better work on towels and textiles.

Could do better work on towels and textiles.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Great location Good restaurants close View over river

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

staff were excellent

staff were excellent

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.