Reviews of Millennium Harbourview Hotel Xiamen

No 12-8 Zhen Hai Road, Siming, 361001 Xiamen, China

#43 of 177 hotels in Xiamen

Best location for Xiamen visit. Everything worked well
    • Premier Suite( Offer 1 Free Extra Bed and includes 1 Extra Breakfast)

No staff outside hotel front door to help with hailing taxis Concierge not knowledgeable on restaurants outside the hotel

Beds very comfortable. New MTR station right outside hotel

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

convenient location.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

daily house keeping work not consistent and a bit shoddy. 2nd day Bathroom floor was not cleaned. Changed pillow case was left at bed side table one of the days. Dustbin didn't clear everyday. Pillows too soft.

Location. Helpful staff.

The breakfast was decent, plenty of choices there.
    • Double or Twin Room

The curtains couldn't really block sunlight, while I had to wake up early during my trip, it could be very annoying for some more relaxed travellers. The USB port on the wall doesn't work. The chairs in the room was a bit small.

The breakfast was decent, plenty of choices there. Staffs were helpful and respond quite quickly. Rooms were clean, plenty of TV channels on the TV. The bed was quite comfortable as well.

Very good location. Would be perfect if just the reception staff had learned good customer service.
    • Luxury One-Bedroom Suite with Sea View (Offer 1 Free Extra Bed and includes 1 Extra Breakfast)

Reception staff really need to learn to be more friendly and maybe smile sometimes. Checking in/out is nearly like visiting the tax office...

Very good location. Clean. Good breakfast and dinner.

I won't be back here if I could avoid coming back here.
    • Business King or Twin Room

We were here the previous week. The only reason we were here again was because I could book online and use my credit cards. I couldn't use my credit cards in China, only cash. My son left his passport in the campus in Xiang'an and only used his student card. But the staff refused to accept a photo of the passport or student card. I asked the staff to find our previous weekend booking record because they have the full record of what they required. But the staff said the manager just said "NO". So we have no choice but to go back to Xiang'an and back in 3 hours just to meet what the manager's requirement. I think that's not the right service attitude. Rather than making an effort to find the previous weekend record, preferred to troubling the guests. They need to change the manager. My room air-conditioner wasn't working well, they did send workers but didn't manage to fix it. I didn't bother to call again. I called to check which was the TV channel for FIFA world cup. They gave me the wrong answer and on the promotion leaflet, there's no mention of the channel no. My experience with the Millennium Hotel in London was great but not this one. There are few more hotels nearby if you don't have the same credit cards problem like me.

Location is superb.

I will only come here just because I could book online and use my credit cards here.
    • Double or Twin Room

Firstly was the checking in experience. I was just behind one guest but wait for a really long time because the staff has to do the registration and answering all sort of irrelevant enquires. They need a counter just for that. Then my room, my room was very near to the lift, so it's really really noisy.

Location is superb.

Warm hospitality with great location
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was relatively old and the facility as well.

Great breakfast buffet, there will be a slightly change everyday,so you won’t be feel the same. The staffs there were friendly and professions! So great!

The staffs are friendly and helpful.

Wifi is slow

The staffs are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. Great location. Have free shuttle bus to/from airport. The room is large and comfortable.

Overall acceptable and relax.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

No tourist counter around hotel to offer sight seeing packages. Difficult in going places for sight seeing as no English speaking.

To station staff at counter with good English speaking.

Breakfast is good though not the best among five star hotels.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The first room offered at the Non-Smoking floor was filled with smoking smell which I think is unacceptable though the hotel did change to another Non-Smoking room but at lower floor and with poorer view.

Breakfast is good though not the best among five star hotels. Hotel location is excellent, next to shopping centres, close to Metro and bus stations.

This was my 4th stay in a span of 2 months and I would definitely stay again at Millennium Hotel.
    • Business King or Twin Room

Best location right in the city shopping center, staff are very friendly,breakfast buffet is great and theIr Chinese restaurant serves delicious food

could be better
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was hard , didn’t expect that as we upgraded upon arrival at the advice of reception staff so we didn’t sleep well and the drilling was quite near my parents room so it was a little disturbing while taking afternoon nap.

The staff are friendly, good breakfast spread for my parents .

The airport shuttle pick-up service is great but you need to...
    • Business King or Twin Room

The airport shuttle pick-up service is great but you need to book in advance since the timing is fixed. Great location, near to all the eateries and shopping establishments. The waterfront promenade where you can view the Gulangyu island is a short walk from the hotel.

Staff is helpful and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

One of my rooms' (517) aircon is a heater and keep the room very hot and dry. Never expect this happened in This hotel.

Staff is helpful and friendly.

Short business stay but the hotel made it seem like a mini holiday
    • Business King or Twin Room

The location was great we could walk down to the main walking street with shops and food stalls - especially the famous pork sticks. We also enjoyed a nice dinner in the Italian Restaurant on site the night before we left. The food was delicious and service was great.

The position is really nice.
    • Business King or Twin Room

The position is really nice. Directly in front of the new subway line and in the of city center of Xiamen. So if you like to stay in the vibrant part of the city go there. The room I had was very cosy and I would go there again.

Customer service needs further improvement.
    • Business King or Twin Room

I book 2 rooms with one included 2 breakfast and other breakfast not included. I went for Marathon and my mother/sister were rejected by restaurant even they emphasized we booked two rooms. It's totally inconvenient for 2 tourists under such conditions.

Nice Location

The hotel location is excellent.
    • Business King or Twin Room

The hotel location is excellent. You walk out of the hotel through the side door is the walking street where you can find thousands of shops and eateries. Through the front door is where the metro station is situated. The metro 1 is just opened a few days ago where you can travel to other places of xiamen.

Good experience
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The gym is small and deserted. Could have done better to improve the gym..

Location is great, next to the walking street and opposite the mall. Very convenient. The buffet breakfast is good..

Comfortable stay and reasonable good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Upgrading to better room and pay extra per night however, the different only slightly bigger room and higher floor..No much differiation

Location,popular spot

Overall, fantastic hotel, would stay there if I ever visit Xiamen again.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bathroom was a bit unnecessarily big compared to the rest of the room, would have been nice if the TV was of better quality.

Excellent customer service, they even helped us book the ferry tickets to Gulangyu, which would have been impossible for people who do not have the Chinese payment methods available. The hotel shuttle was free and timely.

will stay in this hotel again if go Xiamen
    • Double or Twin Room

contruction work nearby, breakfast is not value for money. Airport shutter service restricted by time. I was unable to take shutter bus to airport as the first shutter service is 8am and my flight is 9.45am

convenient location, near popular Zhongshan walking street, one minute walk to bus stop (via side exit door). Loong Yuen (chinese restaurent in hotel):good service, delicious cantanese food and give discount to hotel residents. Buffet breakfast provides wide variety of international food, not cheap and food so so only.

Not a bad hotel which was fairly close to the old town.
    • Business King or Twin Room

You could smell smoke. Though we were in a non smoking room, we suspect that other rooms on the floor were smoking, plus people smoked whilst waiting for the lift on our floor.

Huge choice for breakfast; mix of western,Chinese and Japanese food.

Poor Service, Unclean Rooms, Uncomfortable Beds, Old Facilities
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

When I got to my room, I laid down on the bed and found it to be very hard. When I pulled back the covers, there was hair in the bed. There was also hair on the wall of the shower. I asked to change rooms to one that was cleaned with a more comfortable bed. I was "upgraded" to the executive club lounge room where I found a clump of hair in the shower drain and the bed was also like a plank of wood. I went to the exec club happy hour and they only had beer. When I asked for wine, they offered me a stoppered bottle of red or a lukewarm bottle of white. I asked how long ago the red was opened and they said last week. I had been told when upgraded that one of the perks was that I could check out in my room. When I called down for the service, I was told I needed to go to the lounge to check out. When I went to the lounge to check out, I was told I needed to go back to my room. I ended up just checking out downstairs. The breakfast was decidedly average, and they seated me at full tables of other guests despite small tables nearby being empty (since I was just one person). The facilities are aging. All in all, there are definitely better places in Xiamen in the price range.

The hotel is very conveniently located near the Gulangyu Ferry terminal and the touristy pedestrian street.

Excellent location with a short walk to shopping area and restaurants
    • Business King or Twin Room

- Wi-Fi in my hotel room was very slow speed. - I found hair on the bathtub and the floor in the bathroom. - Staff can't speak English fluently. - On my second day of staying, I couldn't use my security card to open my hotel room. I need to go down to the front-desk to fix this problem even I had already paid for 2 nights. - For my own opinion, the hotel price was overcharged.

Excellent Location which is very close to Shopping area (such as Carrefour) and restaurants.

Average, not 5 stars
    • Business King or Twin Room

There is no way this hotel can be considered a 5 star hotel, it is definitely 4 stars at best. For the price it was reasonable, but I would've been disappointed if I paid any more. Gym was a bit disappointing again for a "5 star hotel" No breakfast included

Good staff Reasonable price

Location very good, right beside shopping streets and...
    • Business King or Twin Room

Hotel restaurants were expensive, relative to all nearby restaurants

Location very good, right beside shopping streets and walking distance to the seaside.

Good location but the furniture and facilities are aged.
    • Business King or Twin Room

Wifi is not stable, always disconnected after 10 mins using but no backup plan during this telecom construction. The room key is not able to use for lift, it must leverage the staff/security to operate.

Only 5 mins to reach Zhongshan Road, the most popular street with local snacks. A big shopping mall is just next to the hotel

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good location, fair accommodation, terrible breakfast
    • Business King or Twin Room

The breakfast sucks. Uncomfortable restroom space.

The size of the room is slightly above the average, considering that it is located on Zhongshan rd. But the breakfast is the worst ever. 168/person is not worth it at all!!!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

good hotel
    • Business King or Twin Room

Relatively high price, It's complicated because of the road construction. When i take the elevator from the lobby on the first floor, i always inspect the room number and check my identity after entering the room.

The location is easy to find, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, delicious food in the hotel restaurant. Good security, good service

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

4 star hotel but 5 star location
    • Business King or Twin Room

This is not a 5 star quality hotel. Booking.com lists this as 5 star and I rate it 4 star quality.

Great location. Very close to pedestrian mall and lots of restaurants/street food

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Stay in centre of Xiamen
    • Executive Club King or Twin Room

Good location in centre of Xiamen. Close to Gulangyu Island, but one still needs to take a taxi to the ferry terminal. Only ferry back in the afternoon lands within walking distance of the hotel. Good breakfast. Hotels caters to business travellers.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Located right in the center of a main shopping/food...
    • Business King or Twin Room

The free shuttle only operates very limited hours, so we needed to take a cab (but that was easy and cheap).

Located right in the center of a main shopping/food district.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The staff is very accomodating
    • Business King or Twin Room

The food(breakfast) is just okay. The aircon is not cold enough. The internet is not that strong. Also, the time coverage of airport transfer is so short.

The staff is very accomodating

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The room is quiet, clean, well maintained and large.
    • Business King or Twin Room

Everything is great. I would have liked if the fitness center opened at 6am instead of 7am so that I could exercise, shower, have breakfast and then set out of the hotel. The 7am opening time pushed back my schedule by 1 hour, which is a pity.

The room is quiet, clean, well maintained and large. There is still a lot of space left with two super single beds. There are 4 power sockets to charge our phones/mobile devices. The TV has many channels including English channels. Tea/coffee making facilities with cups are available. There is an empty mini refrigerator. Free bottled water is provided daily. A large safe to store valuables is also provided. The toilet-bath is compact. We stand inside the bath-tub to take a shower, and the shower rose is detachable from the wall. The usual toiletries are provided. The hotel’s fitness centre has several exercise equipment. The outdoor pool was not functioning when we were there in spring. Check in and out were fuss free done by polite staff who are well trained. The concierge provided maps, directions and taxi. The staff are polite and helpful. We booked our ferry tickets to Gulangyu islet from the hotel, which charged a very small service fee. The staff explained patiently several important things about the ferry ride: leave hotel at least 1 hour before the ferry departure time; bring passports; enter the ferry terminal departure lounge at least 20 minutes before ferry departure time; do not fold ticket at the QR code, etc. He explained 2 – 3 times, very patiently, until I fully understand. Breakfast was a wide spread of international and local food. The usual English breakfast, sausages, breads and pastry, yoghurt, cheeses, Japanese soups, etc. Local food is also in abundance and we particularly like the noodles and porridge. There are 2 cooking stations for eggs and noodles. Staff at breakfast are polite and did not try to hurry us away. The hotel is located at the end of a busy shopping street. Within 1 block, there are Walmart, boutique stores and ‘night market’ stalls that have been relocated into a building. Back streets have cheaper eateries (noodles at Y10!).

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Nice stay in Xiamen
    • Business King or Twin Room

The air conditioner was not working, but only used as fans for ventilation. As the window is sealed, it can be quite humid and stuffy in the room. For safety reasons, we must insert room cards to use the lifts, but the machine was not working well. One had to try many times before we could press a floor button.

friendly staff responded to my inquiries and requests very quickly. There was strange noise in my room and they changed it for me after a quick check. Next to the shopping area, with malls and supermarkets. Not far from tourist sites, and easy access to buses.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

the front office guy seems as stolen when he ask me druning ...
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

the front office guy seems as stolen when he ask me druning check in for the cash payment at amount is 5000 rnb while the real amount 2200 rnb then he is non account credit cards . then ask me to pay on debit cards so I paid as he like to pay 4000 rnb after long time . and finally after I gone to my room again the manager of front area call me to cancel debit cards process and I paid 3100 rnb . and still my payment by debit card at amount is 4000 rnb did not return to my bank account .

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Ten Stars
    • Executive Club King or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing. It was a home away from home.

If there was such a thing as 10 stars, I would award this hotel and staff just that. What do you want when you travel? A clean comfortable home to return to after a tiring day with space and a welcoming atmosphere, good food and also a great location so that you can go out to taste what it’s like to live in that country. This hotel had it all in abundance. This is what you would get in a 5 star hotel – yes – but why 10 stars? My wife broke her leg when we were in Xiamen, normally a disaster in a country where the people do not speak your language. That is when this Hotel showed it’s true colours. The whole staff jumped into action. It was like your own family gathering together to help. From the manager right to the door wardens, domestic staff and kitchen staff, we were treated as though their family member was involved. I must make a special mention of DAVIS XANG. assistant manger who spent hours on the phone to change airline tickets and even went in his own car to negotiate with the airline office and to find out what the best medical treatment pathway was available. He allocated from his staff a true diamond of a man – concierge AARON who spoke good English to accompany us to the First Xiamen hospital where because of his help, she was treated and discharged within 2 hours- amazing. He then not only arranged suitable transport to the airport, but ON HIS DAY OFF, accompanied us to the airport to make sure everything went according to plan. The hotel Manager himself was obviously supportive as he came to see us, and also Gary Xu who seemed to just be around to help. What more can I say – Congratulations to all at this hotel. I would stay nowhere else in Xiamen.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Value for money
    • Business King or Twin Room

They have started charging for laundry bags which used to be free whereas almost all hotels charge nothing for them. I had used two laundry bags for used clothes and had to unpack and return them because the price of each bag was exhorbitant RMB 100.

Breakfast, location, staff, cleanliness and airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Awesome place
    • Business King or Twin Room

We stayed in Xiamen for New Year, so we ordered the New Year bufet dinner which was amazing, but I didn't understand why wine wasn't included in the price(

The staff was very attentive and super helpful. The check-in went very fast and we got a welcoming gift. The room was nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. I like the bathtub a lot! The breakfast was awesome! Lots of varieties! Everyone was so kind! The location is close to the famous shopping street and a short walk to Lundu. Nothing bad to say about this hotel)

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Good spot to stay in Xiamen
    • Business King or Twin Room

Wifi was not fast and not stable. Making it difficult to upload and post our pictures online.

Spacious room, near the shopping areas and food-alleys of Xiamen. Good breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Nice!
    • Business King or Twin Room

Room temperature. Hot...my room is very hot. They turn off the airconditioned bec. Its 21 degrees in xiamen. But not all guest feels like cold in the room.0

The space of my room, bed and the gym, sauna and steam bath.

The two large flat TV screens in my suite room.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Neighboring rooms have guests that make loud talking noise. I suggest to put signs which advice guests not to talk loudly.

The two large flat TV screens in my suite room.

Happy visitors to Xiamen
    • Business King or Twin Room

A bit disappointed that the pool was not in use. The hotel pillows were a bit flat, but that is a personal preference. Our room was just a tad musty. The construction work around the hotel might be inconvenient temporarily, but the location makes up for it.

Overall we were very happy with our choice of hotel in Xiamen. We had a good view from our room and the room was well appointed. Although the hotel is surrounded by construction and is affected by the associated traffic snarls, we didn't have a problem with noise as we got a quiet room. We can see that once the construction is all completed, the hotel and its guests will benefit greatly from it. We'll definitely use the hotel again. Reception and concierge staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Like the place but the smaller details hurt
    • Business King or Twin Room

The room was not pristine when we check in, a glass was not in room and the complimentary bottled water should be placed together with the chargeable mineral water(beside the bed). I question the hotel purpose in putting it like that.

Location is great with many food oulets around the area

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Pleasant
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

First, they have a swimming pool but nowhere is written that its closed.We wanted to have a swim and found out this only at the reception desk this upset us a lot . Secondly, personals speak very bad English and its difficult to ask them about something. Third, we were very hungry and thought that will have a dinner at the hotel. Despite the fact that they closed 2 restaurants at 21.00 pm during Christmas, they even had nothing to order in room and we were searching some street food next to the hotel at 22.00 pm

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

"Good Staff makes Good Stay" continues..

Nothing in particular.

Returned to stay due to good service. Please refer to my earlier review on "Good Staff makes Good Stay". Three Cheers for staff like Taylor at the reception desk, Sonia with room servicing. A BIG Thank You

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Great Staff makes Great Stay
    • Business King or Twin Room

Nothing in particular. Just to mention, my room at 606 tends to get some oily kitchen smell in the morning.

Very helpful, patient and friendly staff who took initiatives and would accede to most requests made. Thankful to them. Good breakfast spread too!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Best location, pricy option
    • Business King or Twin Room

The hotel is pricy and the rooms are super old fashioned. But just for the sake of the location I prefer to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Xiamen.

Location is great. We got a twin bed room and the beds were very big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

very comfortable hotel with great reception staff, but I would not return to the restaurant
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Poor service in Italian restaurant. I was put apart from other guests and then ignored after my main course was delivered. After a long wait I had to walk over and point out I might want serving and ask for the bill

Reception staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Friendly

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Great Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Great Location with many eateries around

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Business trip

Nil

Location, clean and comfort

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

We enjoyed our stay at Millennium Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The best location inthe city center

good location
    • Double or Twin Room

someone smoked at non smoking floor

very convenience, good location, big room

Pleasant.
    • Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool disappointing. Not geared up for having sun loungers. Must wear a swimming cap.

Large, comfortable room.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was dark and was shabby

Not really 5 stars but good if the price is rightl

Too cold in the hallway

The view was great

We enjoyed our stay at Millennium Hotel
    • Business King or Twin Room

Best location,right in the city center

Location is good.
    • Business King or Twin Room

The service is below average, reception is slow. The facility is old.

Location is good. Breakfast is good.

Good
    • Business King or Twin Room

To improve on the breakfast spread. Breakfast costly

location and my second stay in this property

Don't expect too much from this hotel
    • Business King or Twin Room

The attitude of the staff during check in

Language barrier is big.
    • Business King or Twin Room

Pool is outdoor only. Gym is very small. Room wasn’t special, rather a standard twin than a business room.

Breakfast is good

very average, very limited with express hotel
    • Business King or Twin Room

wonderful location, quite enough, but facilities are not good under the brand of millennium.

Good location but not worth the money
    • Business King or Twin Room

The room is abit run down.

The receptionist was really helpful in helping me securing for free shuttle bus to airport

A top choice
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Not able to adjust room temperature settings.

Excellent location, excellent value, great breakfast. Staff very helpful.

The place

The rooms

The place

rooms are very large and clean.

internet is very bad.

rooms are very large and clean.

• Business King or Twin Room

Staff inefficient. Check in took a Long Time. So did check out. Lack of English speaking staff.

Receptinist are good in English.

Not so many TV channels

Receptinist are good in English. Breakfast and accessible to the airport.

Very small toilet and lot of construction area that area

Very small toilet and lot of construction area that area

Great Experience

Good Breakfast. Good Location Free airport transfer

Passable stay
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Reception service standard was still below expectation Bathtub was a bit small

Nice Breakfast