Reviews of Novotel Atlantis Shanghai

728 Pudong Avenue, Pudong, 200120 Shanghai, China

#92 of 802 hotels in Shanghai

• Standard Queen Room

It is 10min walk from a metro station and you need to take it to 1 or 3 stations to reach some more interesting metro lines. (but they are building a new metro line just across the hotel...) It is in a remote part of Pudong. Nothing very interesting in a walking distance (there is a convenient grocery shop on the way to the metro).

The view on the river from the room (I did not get the view on the bund but I had a double view...amazing!). The pool with no one. The bedroom is very big. Internet worked well. I could easily left my bag at the front desk since I had the whole day before leaving. Startbucks on the first floor (even though I did not use it)

• Standard Queen Room

This is not really a complaint, but a possible improvement area. Lobby and check in area do not give the feel and look of anything close to a 5-star hotel, while the room itself feels close to 5-star.

Clearly a better hotel than I would have expected from the name. There are a lot of 4-star hotels in Shanghai that are not particularly good at all. This is the best one I've stayed at in Shanghai.

• Standard Queen Room

Going from the 1st class Novotel Suzhou SUP to this hotel was a disappointment. They are not of the same standard.

Breakfast was good with a good selection, location was also ok,

• Standard Queen Room

The playground area is small, and not very well equipped. Some of the toys were broken. The slide was in pieces, I had to assemble it before my son could use it.

The room was big and clean. The staff was kind and helpful. All room is over the 30th floor, so you could have a nice view from every room.

• Standard Queen Room

Because i often use mrt for travelling, this hotel just located a little bit too far from the station, around 7-10 minutes from the station.

Very clean and tidy, friendly staffs, spacious room, good breakfast

• Standard Queen Room

It was quite a walk to the nearest 24hrs convenience store.

Pleasant and helpful staff assisted me during my stay and the concierge was efficient in arranging my daily transportation to SNIEC. One of the senior staffs at the entrance recommended me to a family run restaurant located in the neighborhood across the hotel I must say the restaurant served good local cuisines at affordable prices. The restaurant has English menus for their overseas patrons.

• Standard Queen Room

Nearly excellent and not really bad points! Just three small things: power sockets with less contact (as everywhere in other hotels in SH too); higher quality and free flip flop bath shoes, but too small to wear (not made for foreigner's big feets - same as in other hotels) and no bath-tube in the room (but shown at booking offer).

Very friendly staff at reception, clean room, many different light options (lamps) for lighten the room in the evening and night, 4 bottles free drinking water for one night stay is really more than enough, wonderful view from hotel room to Pudong (next time will have better luck with the weather), good aircon, good price level.

• Superior Twin Room

Don’t try sushi - probably stay there for couple of days. Ice creams, ham - the same. I was living in hostels, budget ** hotels in China but something like that I saw for the first time. they close gym at 11pm.. why, I don’t know but at least they should inform about it before booking. Bed is made of stone, or mattress just have 30 years.in bathroom you can take “smoke bath” cause of other people doing smoking in other rooms.. that was my first time in Novotel, but probably last one. I really fought this mean some quality.. for me it should have ** maximum.

There’s only one nice thing - view, and all rooms are above 30th floor

The hotel absolutelly exceeded our expectations: good location, rooms with stunning views, large comfortable beds and clean rooms. We all loved the swimming pool with fantastic view. After travelling in China for 2 weeks with 3 children we really enjoyed our time in the pool (convenient long opening hours from 6-23). We also appreciated delishop in de hotel for our breakfast (big choice of sweet and hearty pastry). We even returned back for one night to this hotel because we thought it was a good choice.

• Standard Queen Room

The view from the hotel is totally stunning. It absolutely exceeded my expectations. Location is very convenient. Service follows very high standards. Totally worth the money.

• Standard Queen Room

The drains in the shower have a tendency to work a little slow, and the wifi isn't the most consistent sometimes (though that's also coming from people who are used to google, etc which aren't available in China). The area itself can be really quiet at night, and while it's super close to Pudong Avenue subway station this is still important to know if you get hungry at night, as there aren't a lot of late night options around.

This hotel was wonderful! Clean, lively, and amazing service, especially from the concierge who always went the extra mile to help us out with everything from booking travel outside of Shanghai to suggestions for food in the area. The view from our room was amazing. We really enjoyed our stay here, it felt like our comfy home in Shanghai during our week there.

• Standard Queen Room

the pool is indoor but the water was cold and the jacuzzi was small and all the people want to be there.

the views from the room is excellent, the free international calls to some countries, we call to our relatives in Frances for free.

• Standard Queen Room

I wanted a room with a bath tub but was not given one. I wanted to have American breakfast at the restaurant, but it wasn't available. The location is okay, but there's not much to do in the vicinity.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room had a good size and I had a good view of Pudong.

No shops nearby.

Front Office and Travel Desk were very helpful.The breakfast had elaborate spread. It is a short drive away from major tourism attractions and financial district.

• Superior Twin Room

The breakfast was very good, including a lot of international as well as local options. The hotel is really clean, and its interior decor looks great. It towers up to 50 floors, so you could get a great panoramic view on the city from your room, depending on its location.

• Standard Twin Room

The location isn't very central, though there is a metro station within walking distance.

The hotel is high quality. It's nice and clean and it's price for my stay was reasonable. The breakfast was good and not very expensive. The hotel bar also has good light meals, and there are several other restaurants in the hotel, which I didn't try.

• Standard Queen Room

Only a good view if you are on the entrance side of the building

It was very cosy and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and I enjoyed the breakfast and what was on offer very much and location was great

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing in particular, great value for money.

Awesome view over the city, great breakfast, great gym and wicked "handy" phone that takes you everywhere in this striking city where English is not necessarily an option.

• Standard Queen Room

Food quality could use some improvement. I tried room service, breakfast and dinner in different restaurants, all three times was below my expectation for a hotel at this level.

Very comfortable and pleasant. Great location!

• Superior Queen Room

1. There was no response to any one of the problems from staff 2. WiFi didn’t work properly, called the staff , came to room, can’t fix it, promised to send it manager, but he never came! Had a presentation for a business meeting next day. Can’t work. Had to visit office next day and finish the job, no response from the staff till the last day. 3. Heights happened when I was sleeping after a long day in my room. House keeping staff opened my room and started shouting for cleaning in local language, after repeated instructions she kept on doing it. Called reception , promised to send Ina manager to look into the issue. Nobody came nor anything was done. 4. Called for ordering something, was made to made to round of calls between house keeping and restaurant. After strong words restaurant promised to send the things, but inspite of such repeated and strong worded communication, the things asked for never came. Again nobody to take notice. 5. Went to reception and asked for some senior person who can take notice of all this and take proper action. Mr Herman at the desks replies sorry sir the senior manager is on leave. So such a big property and the guests were at the mercy of the junior staff. 6. Complete apathy for clients, no care for clients. No coordination between departments. Language a big issue with local staff. Being Novotel , it is expected that things work smoothly. 7. Would rate Chinese5 stars anytime better than NOVOTEL, which I normally prefer whenever I travel abroad. But worst experience. A strong no no if comfort is important

NOTHING FOOD ABOUT IT

Overall experience was worst

• Standard Queen Room

50F seafood was tasteless (just simply boiled) and not fresh (make my friend and me sick). Facilities are not well maintained (e.g. the security door chain was broken and the bathroom weight meter's battery was dead).

Location, view of the Bund and river, Room design.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff at reception were unfriendly. Having stayed for 8 nights. I wanted to extend for another 6 nights. Staff were blunt to say they can’t match the room rate on internet. Went to internet. Final processing shown amex was one of the approved car. Entered n was told amex was not accepted. Unbelievable.

• Standard Queen Room

I ate at the revolving restaurant (Art50) on Sunday and was disappointed with the food selection and overall experience. Be prepared for the high price tag!

The layout and design of my room and the view was spectacular! The cafe/deli was absolutely delicious with the friendliest staff. Front desk staff were very helpful in making sightseeing recommendations.

• Standard Queen Room

I made a reservation including breakfast but i'd better not to do. Recommand get a meal outside than hotel.

The room was cozy and middle cost-effectiveness.

• Standard Twin Room

the bed is too soft to me but the staff helped to improve it to fit for my needs. A bit far if you need to go to Hongqiao area.

the staff is nice, helpful & efficiency. Reasonable price for the food including breakfast in the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

I'm a very frequent traveller for leisure and business the pool was closed, the gym was freezing, breakfast not satisfactory restaurant not nice with no atmosphere room was old looking the hotel is old and too expensive for what offers. for same price can get much much better not happy and do not suggest

the view and position

The beds were hard.

There was a good variety of breakfast. The restaurant up on the higher floor is expensive especially for kids who really don't eat that much, but the food was worth it.

• Standard Queen Room

We forget our electric teeth brush but it was not finded. We called the same day.

I like the size of the room, not so much big not so much small, correct. I liked the staff

• Superior Twin Room

I was disapointed for finding out that the pool was under maintenance only after I checked in. One of the reasons for choosing the hotel was the pool for the kids and for myself. I wish they could have told me before or given me a discount for not providing me what was promised. A complementary stay would be nice as well.

I liked the kindness of the staff from front desk to room service. The rooms are also good, clean and spacious, even for a family of four like mine. I wish the beds were a bit wider to fit 1 adult and 1 child in each bed more comfortably. But we could still sleep 5 nights reasonably comfortably. I also liked the gym and the SPA services.

• Superior Queen Room

The location is not that convenient. Not so many restaurants around. However, within 2km, there are malls and it’s also near to Shanghai bund

The view was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room is big with a super comfortable bed. I’ll definitely come back. The picture is our view at night from one of the windows.

• Standard Queen Room

It was winter, but the room became hot at night. The aircon was blowing hot air, and the operator or housekeeping mentioned the entire system was switched to heater mode. They opened the window in our room but Shanghai being Shanghai had a very heavily polluted scent so we closed it and I spent the night using a paper board to fan myself some air.

Giovanni from the front desk is a rock star! She was very attentive and helped us with a few requests. The pool looked amazing although we did not get the chance to use it. It was to undergo renovation for 2 weeks from Dec 22. The view from our room was superb!

• Standard Queen Room

Dirty carpet and the bathroom was not really clean .. stuff was not been very helpful... breakfast was not included so we ordered the food from outside and the reception left it in open air made it really cold and did not info us about it ... feel like been treated differently

Comfortable bed with nice city view

• Standard Twin Room

the location was great. I had problem with my bathroom, they changed my room quickly to a better room and better view and gave us a free coffee in their coffee shop.

The shower door didn’t shut, thus making a pool out front. No big deal, but wall paper in some place was old.

View, food, service, location, room size was all excellent. Will definitely stay again

• Standard Twin Room

The location is not ideal for the Hongqiao airport - when we arrived late at night it took us only 30 minutes by taxi, but the next evening the way to the airport took about an hour and a half due to heavy traffic.

Fancy hotel, especially considering the price. If the location suits your needs it's good value for money.

• Superior Queen Room

Internet was unreliable. Thermostat/heating was not working in the room. Not much English speaking TV.

Bed was comfy, room was large and spacious. Good soundproofing of the rooms. Hotel itself was very nice and modern. Nice view from room window. Revolving restaurant was fun.

• Standard Queen Room

The room is a little outdated

Very helpful and friendly staff at the front desk! The lady was super helpful! The breakfast is amaizingly rich in selection and range! One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever tried.

• Standard Queen Room

I was very surprised at the service at the hotel - not in a good way. Housekeeping was choosing (kind of) what they gonna change, e.g. sometimes they wouldnt place a new feet towel, sometimes wouldnt place a new vanity kit, one day their breakfast lady mixed up something and didnt want let me have my prepaid breakfast as she couldnt find me (Also she didnt want to let me in even tho it was more than half an hour before the closing time). When we asked for the taxi, once we had to wait for 40 min., once the concierge didnt even call it for us (we were a group of 5 coworkers), saying that he thought that two taxi were a mistake (right, 5 people, 10 bags - huge "mistake"). Shower corners had traces of mold, and the shower itself was clogged badly. Laundry lady would KNOCK on the door (there was a bell) even tho i didnt place any laundry tag. And one a cleaning lady came with the iron and a board, even tho i didnt ask for (good that i had waken up by then....). I'm usually not too picky when it comes to hotels on business, but that was really unacceptable.

a buffet brazilian dinner for really reasonable money.

• Standard Twin Room

Buffet food not good at all at the revolving roof top restaurant, too expensive with such a poor quality of food selection. Very difficult to get a taxi although with the helps of hotel staff; we have to wait for 50 mins !! for only 3 in the queue.

Breakfast has variety of choices but with moderate quality of appearance and taste.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel was a little hard to access because of subway construction on the main road. On the other hand, the property will soon be much easier to access because of the subway being built on the main road!

Hotel staff were very friendly and professional, and the building itself was well finished and in excellent condition. There were also a few surprise perks for all guests---especially advantageous for those coming from outside China!

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast buffet was subpar. Checkout took such a long time! Not much dining options in the area of the hotel.

One of the female staff (Indian woman) was very accommodating. Handyphone provided for calls / internet.

• Superior Room with 1 King-Size Bed - Executive Floor with Executive Lounge access

The wifi connection, the atm doesnt work for other cards except chinese...

Profesionalsim of the team at reception, concierge and restaurant. Liked the handy having it available

Air con can't be adjusted and it intensively blows out very cold, about 19 degrees, air. Reception could not provide any heater, and just gave us an extra blanket, but sitting in the room was very unpleasant because of constant strong cold and noisy airflow. This fact ruined my good impression abot that hotel .

Very strong 4 star level hotel. Great window view from executive room.

• Superior Twin Room

I was not at Novotel for very long, only about 9-10 hours. And I spend most of that time sleeping. I cannot say anything negative. The hotel was a little pricey for me (I tend to be cheap). But considering I was tired and they made everything flow I cannot complain about the price. In reality, I choose Novotel because they were a little lower in price than my normal Marriott or Hilton stays.

I spent my last day of a 29-days China trip at Novotel. I was tired to say the least. My flight arrived midnight into Shanghai Pudong. There as a long wait for luggage and a long wait for taxi. The drive from SHG Pudong Intl Airpot was over an hour. So I was in a grumpy mood. The hotel was comfortable and clean with all the conveniences. I was able to get to bed at 2:30 AM. In the morning I went to there fitness room and did a short workout. I really enjoyed their buffet breakfast. They had a wide-selection of western and eastern dishes, i.e. international. Everything was fresh and you can order a big egg-white only omelette with anything you want in it. Great coffee or espresso and no long line for my caffeine fix. I had a big breakfast, because I would spend the next 18 hours on an airplane. The sliced fruits were fresh. As a Chinese-American I could not pass on making myself a savory bowl of hot soy milk, and they have an incredible beef noodle soup where the cubes of beef are cooked to savory tenderness. The tenderness of the cubed beef really surprised me as most cubed beef in beef noodle soup tends to be a bit dry & chewy due to the long cooking process, or maybe a tougher cut of beef. Anyway the staff at the buffet was helpful and fast, as I needed to get to the airport for my flight home. Checkout went smoothly. View from my 33 floor room was excellent as I took some final images of Shanghai Pudong skyline. Lobby staff was helpful as they got me to my taxis and found out which terminal I needed to be at for my flight.

The coffee and the music at the breakfast room on floor 48 were excellent. And also, the view from the room! The handy smartphone used a lot at getting around the city.

• Superior Queen Room

At the bufet I missed some Juices. The staff from the Bussinescenter in the ground floor is old, and it's complicated to let them print some dokuments from the USB-Stick. So I sendet it by Mail, and it takes around 30 minutes to find, to open, and to print the PDF File...

Great view on the 50th floor, where is located the Restaurant.

• Standard Twin Room

It seems like no convenient store nearby the hotel.

The room is very good and comfortable. And the best thing is the handy smartphone which I could access to gmail, google map, etc. Also the staffs are very kind as allowed us to check in early in the morning!!

• Standard Queen Room

odour in the room despite it was a non smoking room. the bed sheet and towels seemed a bit damp when I checked in the 1st night.

The staff at front desk, restaurants are very professional and helpful. There are 3 restaurants in the hotel offer different choices. Reasonable price in terms of food quality and environment.

Rooftop revolving restaurant has good view, ambiance and very friendly staff. Food quality needs to improve.

Very good location once you master the subway system. Station is 0.5 km away and you can transfer to line 2 for either Hongqiao or Pudong International airport. Much less hassle than getting stuck on expressway. Great local restaurants are 2-3 blocks away without the high price. Price is among the lowest for similar quality hotels... Wait till Pudong Road subway stations are done, these prices are likely history.

It is located in a rather shabby area. To get to the nearest subway station it takes more than 10 minutes walking mainly on the road (no platform available because of street repairing)

Without asking they gave us a free upgrade to the suite with two bathrooms and an outstanding view on Pudong skyline. They provided us with a free babycot for our two years old baby. The beckfast with plenty of choice, both international and Chinese (also a selection of tasty croissants)

• Standard Queen Room

I've had a room at smocking floor. And i have been requested for paying the full bill + 100 $ deposit at check in ! This is not very friendly customer.

Some very good facilities and services such as the cell phone available in the room, gym, internet wifi. Spacious and confortable room.

• Standard Queen Room

It was a little far away from things. Around 8 minute walk to the nearest subway. Took around half an hour in total to get to the bund.

Room was mahoooooosive! We booked on very short notice at a very busy time. Bathroom was large and clean. Gym facilities were pretty good. Pool was a litte shallow but empty and the hot tub was good.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel didn't accept my MasterCard, although in Booking was written they accept MasterCard. They told me it doesn't work, but everywhere outside of the hotel my card has worked. There was very unpleasant situation, I couldn't pay for may stay. Fortunately my husband there was a local bank card and we can pay. In this place I recommend, if you don't have a local bank card, just bring money in cash. The bathroom was not so clean. The staff didn't leave 2 coffee every day, only tea. Just if you want to drink a coffee for the morning, you have to buy it outside.

The location is very good, on walking distance to the river and Metro station. There is a good swimming pool. There is a beautiful view .

• Standard Queen Room

- Received a different room than the one I booked (no bathtub). I talked to the staff and they gave me a new one. This room was dark, had no view and also no bathtub. It was almost as if I was being punished for my complaint. Again I complained and this time the staff finally fixed it. - Airport shuttle is terribly overpriced at around 750 RMB from Pudong International Airport. The Taxi at night costed us under 200 RMB.

- Good location with the subway just being a couple of hundret meters away (Line 4, Pudong Avenue). - Great view of the skyline (if you are on the right side of the building).

• Standard Twin Room

They blocked deposit 4500 Rmb and on payment released it without telling it takes a week to amount to be credited. Paid 5100 Rmb after transferring more fund to my card. My deposit still not released. Had to call hotel from India about this then they told it takes a week. Promised they will send mail about release of deposit but till now not received. The front desk officer was not well versed and should have taken deposit amount and the additional amount. Very much harassing experience.

• Standard Queen Room

Upgrades available at small price over breakfast and provides access to Premium Lounge for exclusive breakfast & happy hours (17:30..19:30 hrs) with a choice of drinks & snacks. Room has 4 bottles of water & a 4G Smart phone (unlimited data/call in China and select countries

Expensive airport transfer.

Old but top notch maintenance. Love the high floors that you can gaze Pudong skyline. Friendly, courteous staff. Somewhat close to metro Line no.4 (close loop line).

• Superior Queen Room

My clothes went missing and I was in the Laundry room at midnight. Cleaner let herself in and didn't knock ever, so we decided to leave 'Do not clean' on our door everyday. DIdn't ever feel like we had any privacy for this reason and ruined the trip. I've stayed in many Novotel hotels and this wasn't at the standard it should be.

The guys at the main entrance were always helpful. The concierge even paid for our Taxi when we arrived so I didn't have to rush to an ATM. View from bedroom was nice.

Genuinely cannot think of anything that I did not like

If you upgrade to the executive package you benefit from the premier lounge that offers a super place to work from. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and will definitely stay again next year. Super hotel highly recommended.

• Standard Queen Room

The Western breakfast very very weak.I stayed three days.Every time in breakfast cheese was finished and I had to wait.The decoration of the breakfast lounge was Like a cafeteria in a work place. If you come for a fair in the new exhibition place.This is not the right hotel.You have to change stations three times.

Cleanliness,comfort,personnel

• Standard Queen Room

Free hand phone, comfortable slippers, queen size bed, excellent staff service including the door man i.e. Quick check in, helpful staff carry luggages and get taxi for us.

• Standard Twin Room

The water tap need to adjust hot and cold separately, not convenient to use. The building is a bit run down, may need some renovation. Prefer bigger toilet and washing area.

The front desk staff is very friendly, even call up after checked in to ask whether need any help.

• Standard Twin Room

Bathroom corners could've been cleaned a little better but not terribly bad . Loved hot water and shower pressure

Loved that the hotel had offered a smart phone that could give you unlimited local and some international calls along with 4g internet

My room was next to elevator and it did a lot of noise. Very noisy elevator! Like a metro. Terrible coffee in the morning.

Big room. Good view. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Metro 7-8 minutes to walk. Big swimming pool.

• Standard Twin Room

Bar service is odd. No service no smile. The hotel guest are ignored by the lady and show no interest to serve or help.

Check in and check out extremely good service. Professional and super nice team.

• Superior Queen Room

no 24 hours Restaurant though it was mentioned in booking.com facilities description: "....im The Square Restaurant können Sie sich rund um die Uhr an einem Buffet mit brasilianischen Grillspezialitäten stärken." The Square closes around 10 p.m. and we arrived 10:30 pm which disappointed us as we especially chose the Hotel because of this feature

For the age of the Hotel facilities are still OK - Location is also fine - though not perfect with the construction of the neighbouring Harbour Village still going on for some time (no sound issue though) and subway station in sweating walk distance

• Standard Queen Room

This hotel price is too much also have some more add costs maybe 16% more than price that shown on this website as they said service

The breakfast was very good

• Standard Queen Room

Mould in shower. Front counter and concierge staff rather glum (though efficient). They were unable to find my Accor membership number by search for my name or email address.

The view was amazing at level 46. The staff in ground floor bakery/cafe was friendly. Two subway stations are nearby ... taxis were easy to find at front

• Standard Queen Room

If its rainy out side of the building is not protected, just some places that is protected!

The building is good but far away from shopping & not to many places selling food

• Standard Queen Room

The showers in the dressing room of the swimming pool were a little smelly and the door of our room's bathroom did not completely close. Both were fixed after telling it to staff, though.

Everything from the exceptionally helpful staff to the beds that make you sleep to the mouthwatering breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Reservation was not in the system. The Front Office Manager took care of it in a very good way though.

Amazing view from the 46th floor and nice room in general.

• Standard Queen Room

Very good hotel!! Very nice and clean. Metro station 5-10 minutes walk. Very easy to go to the center. You can have food all night long which is very convenient for late arrival! I would come again !!

• Standard Twin Room

Beds were too firm. I like a softer bed. Not much to see near hotel. A lot of comstruction. Taxis would not take us to aquarium because they said it was nearby. Just note 3.5 km is too far to walk with a 4-year old.

Food was very good. Happy hour was a highlight at the premium lounge. Room size was very good.

• Standard Queen Room

Offered and booked: rooms with bath tube, but rooms were without bath tube.

Breakfast was very good, different styles, all fresh. Great view from hotel room to skyline Pudong.

Browse Novotel Atlantis Shanghai traveller photo gallery