Reviews of Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza Shenzhen

Shennan Boulevard West (near Zhu Zi Lin metro station), Futian, 518040 Shenzhen, China

#54 of 309 hotels in Shenzhen

Bad experience
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Only 2 nights, but I didn't enjoy my stay. For example the night, I wanted to eat. I called room service, they asked me to call a different number. I did it, but they didn't speak English. Then I called again to order pasta. 20 minutes later, they called me back to inform me they can't do any pasta.......

Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Slow lifts. Coffee shop closed for refurbishment with no prior notice when booking. The hotel and room is starting to feel very dated.

Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The service cannot be faulted. The bed is very comfortable. Rooms are large.

Good location and friendly staff
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

I booked two nights but after the first night nobody cleaned up until I came back in the evening and called to ask at least for new bottles of water. The room service came immediately and as I was just tired then I asked her to give me just the water. She was very friendly and nice. And in the morning the toilet was blocked.

Good location and friendly staff

Maybe not an awesome hotel, but it's enough for a 5 stars hotel
    • Superior King Room with City View

You have to pay around 8$ if you want to enjoy the movies in the TV for 24h. The bath is not big enough for 2 people to take a bath.

Confortable bed and good breakfast. Good price for a 5 stars hotel.

Traveller
    • Superior King Room with City View

That you weren't notified that they were under current renovations. The first room that I received was very noisy very construction noise all day. I had to ask for another room.

Breakfast you had lots of course. Rooms a good size.

It was superb
    • Superior King Room with City View

Breakfast could have been added in the hotel bill accommodation

I want to place on record the inestimable help and guidance given by Miss Rhea at the reception counter.She is really customer-caring. The hotel is well situated.Nothing to complain about

Good for the price, but will look around to see what else is available on my next trip
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Renovation noise started early in the morning. Most mornings, it was just annoying, once it was deafening. The pool was small and cramped, suitable for 1-2 people swimming (short) laps, but no more. Little room near pool for relaxing.

I loved the breakfast buffet; both the English and Chinese selections were delicious. The Chinese restaurant was excellent, with friendly and helpful staff. The Japanese restaurant was also delicious, although we only went at night, when the view could not be fully appreciated (go during the day, the restaurant is on one of the top floors). The mattress was very firm. I loved it! Many hotels I have stayed at recently have deep super-soft mattresses that feel great when going to sleep, but cause my back to ache when I wake. I woke feeling great every day!

Great value for money hotel at an excellent location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

The decor in room is a bit dated. But overall is still acceptable and tidy.

The staff is very helpful. The deluxe twin room is very spacious (with 2 queen sized beds). The location is great.

Convenient location and clean facilities
    • Superior King Room with City View

So pretentious! They would not allow outside food delivery to deliver to my room, would not allow food to be left at the front desk for pick up, nor would they have serviceersonal delivered to my room. This is definitely not five-star service!

Convenient location and clean facilities

Good location, easy to access the highway/ metro (Line...

Expansive breakfast. Not too many food choices around the hotel. Need to walk by 10 mins to next station for food.

Good location, easy to access the highway/ metro (Line 1). Nice hotel staff, clean/ quiet environment.

The location is great, It’s just 2 mins walk from the metro...
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The room is not well cleaned as some hair was left under the pillows and the toilet floor. Also they did not arrange late check out for me as requested!

The location is great, It’s just 2 mins walk from the metro station. Therefore it is quite easy to find. The room is quite spacious. And the view is not bad!

Average Hotel
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The buffet of the hotel restaurant did not meet my expectation as far as the food quality is concerned.

The room is spacious and the hotel is close to the Metro.

Not too bad.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I booked almost one month ago, but the front desk could not find my booking information. Therefore I spent a long time when check in, but the issue has not resolved. The group for reservation is not good.

The hotel is located in a convenient place with kind staffs.

We would go again!
    • Superior King Room with City View

They claim to be environmentally conscious and recommend reusing towels, yet they replaced our towels after the first day for some reason (maybe we failed to do something to indicate we didn't need new towels?). Only other complaint is there was a bit of a lineup during checkout.

Everything was great. Location is super convenient to OCT, Window of the World and Splendid China Park, the metro is literally right outside. Very quiet. We had a bathtub that was not draining well and they fixed it up in a jiffy. Great room, very spacious with all the amenities : )

Great Hotel needs a little passion.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The check in was okay, experience was at minimum interaction. Had breakfast on the 1st morning at 7:45 in the lobby restaurant, selection was good however i tried to order a omelette. I asked in Chinese , he acknowledged and asked what condiments I would like. I pointed and sat down. 10min later I went back to check if it was ready. It wasn't so I asked him how long . To be fair the guy was making eggs and noodles at the same time. Trying to forfill all the noodles orders and egg orders. It got to about 8:30 where I had enough of waiting. So i went over to the egg station with a small bowl loaded the condiments I wanted and gave it to a diffrent chef. He said these are raw ingredients, yes I know. Handed him the bowl and said I can't order a omelette like this. I said i tried ordering from your colleuge however it has not been done. So he took it and by 8:40 i finally got my omelette. Moreover, my father asked for honey for the porridge, for a well equipped hotel we would think this is a easy request to forfill, the 1st waiter took the request came back and said no honey. The manager came and actually tried to forfill the request by giveing us a bowl of sweet syrup. This would be an okay alternative if we'd know it wasn't honey. Lastly , during check out while asking for a receipt. I clarified my bill but for the receipt was given someone elses room bill. I hope that my bill doesn't get passed to others. Everyone means well just needs a little bit more passion.

The location was great , facilities were well equipped. Staff friendly but passive.

Good value for money!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

- aircon didn't really work (which was a minor issue for us but still) - facilities a bit worse comparing to the other 5* hotels around (e.g. quality of spa)

- we liked the location (next to mtr station), walking (~10 min) distance to the kids friendly city park and a nice shopping mall. also ~10 min (~25rmb) by taxi to some of the most popular attractions and the business district. - the room had 2 big beds which was very convenient for our family of 4 - WI-FI actually worked (which is sometimes problematic in Shenzhen's hotels) - good value for money comparing to the other 5* options around

Not good hotel with uncomfortable beds in a good location with a professional staff.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Bed sheets were stained. Carpet was dirty (a lot of hair...not ours). The beds were super uncomfortable. The room was very dark.

The receptionist was really nice and helpful. Check in and check out went fast and smooth. The housekeepers are extremely nice.

It was a satisfactory experence but just under the 5-star expectation.
    • Superior King Room with City View

My booking was not registered and it took a 20-minute telephone conversation between the front dest and the management to reach the decision to honour the booking. There was not enough space between the lobby bar and the noisy front desk area. I avoided the lobby bar when receiving visitors.

Location excellent. Room comfortable and clean. Staff friendly.

Bad service. Little english. furniture is of cheap quality.
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Very bad service. I had an emergency accidentg and I was not taken care of urgently. I fell backward while sitting on my desk chair doing some work. The chair broke . I requested some urgent help and it took over 30 mins befoore the duty manager (who was the only one speaking english) to get to me and get me some ice to put on my head since I hurt my head on the fall.

The staff (especially room service and reception) workhard to make the stay worthwhile. Thanks
    • Superior King Room with City View

Not much to complain about but would be good if some level of ambience renovation could add to the quality. And maybe.. the chips on the desk in the room could be clearly marked as "Not complimentary" ( on a lighter note!)

The staff were really helpful and always tried to understand my needs. I ordered meals for room service and was really pleased with their efforts to get it right. Though language challenges existed, they went the extra mile to get the right order and actually delivered earlier than estimated because I had a tight deadline. Really cool.

The Gym with Yoga room.
    • Superior King Room with City View

check out staff not so friendly, too hurry (I need to make a photo of my bill but she took away the bill very fast before I finished it)to push me out & finish her work (my check out time at around 10:30am) on 19 Jan 2018。

The Gym with Yoga room. Good location nearby Zhuzlin subway station

The location of the hotel is really good and very much...
    • Superior King Room with City View

The phone in my room doesn't work. The temperature of swimming pool is too cold to swim for child, seems colder than 28℃.

The location of the hotel is really good and very much convenient.

Getaway for Christmas
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Even though we got upgraded to the executive floor we were not allowed to enjoy the benefits of being on the executive floor :( .... but other than that the hotel was great

The hotel is only a 2 minute walk from the metro station, very quiet and spacious room. We were upgraded to the executive floor which was quite nice

Very comfortable hotel which we have stayed at several times over the past 5 years.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

Aircon was not as cold as we would have liked it, but after calling the front desk they sent a technician right away to fix it.

Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

The hotel room is excellent, location is excellent too close...
    • Superior King Room with City View

however the room wall doesn’t have Adequate sound insulation .. you can hear your neighbor room and if the take shower at night you need to wait until they finish to sleep

The hotel room is excellent, location is excellent too close to metro station and staff are friendly and try to help ,

Very close to metro, and staff are very friendly
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Rooms are noisy, mainly air conditioning and noise from corridor. I was in a non smoking room but there was still a very strong smoke smell in the room.

Very close to metro, and staff are very friendly

Great locatiion, beautiful hotel, excellent service. Just watch out for the over-priced breakfast.
    • Superior King Room with City View

It turned out that breakfast was not included in the room rate, and that if I wanted to eat it in the hotel I had to pay an extra 108 RMB per person. This I considered to be gross over-charging, so I skipped it and enjoyed a delicious breakfast outside for considerably less.

The room was luxurious, bed very comfortable, no noise to be heard whatsoever from nearby rooms.

Value for money
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Location is close to subway. Special thanks to the concierge staff who took his personal acc to call up the didi called car (sort like grab car or uber to us) since we do not have the wechat wallet or alipay on hand to call for a 7 seated car to airport. It's saved our money!

Ok
    • Superior King Room with City View

Staff don't speak English Very poor understanding Charge you for every little thing The only thing did not pay service charge was going to bathroom

Pleasant stay in a convenient location.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

We stayed at 23 floor and only 2 of 4 elevators went there. But all of elevators are called by the same button, so sometimes we needed to go to floor 22 and then wait couple of minutes for an elevator to floor 23. At the end we found where stairs were located and used them.

Staff was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was one of the best I Chinese hotels and room was comfortable. Additional bonus, their WiFi somehow does not go through Chinese firewall. So your gmail and facebook works without VPN there.

Comfortable bed, bathroom amenities, beautiful decoration...
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Took some time to find my booking, since I did it at the same day, so the checkin took some time. But besides that, was great!

Comfortable bed, bathroom amenities, beautiful decoration and location.

Overall good value for money. A very comfortable stay and pleasant and courteous staff.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Not really. A good experience for a westerner in a large Chinese city.

Bed was very firm but okay. Temperature of room and thickness of Donna was just right. Staff spoke good English but still sometimes a little confusing. Overall a good stay and would recommend.

I'll never go back there
    • Superior King Room with City View

So bad Management My "customer experience" was a nightmare They don't speak english (only 2 / 3 persons and none after 10PM) The hotel is under the Accord stadards

Well located

Excellent hotel, very comfortable and clean.
    • Deluxe Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

Great hotel, comfortable, good location and good value for money

Excellent hotel, very comfortable and clean. Wonderful staff. I'm looking forward to staying there again.

Quite old but cleanliness maintained
    • Superior King Room with City View

The smell of an old smokey carpet right when I got out of the elevator. I find this very common as well in all hotels with carpeted floor. And it didn't bother me much as I was always out.

The metro station is right in front of the hotel. Literally just a minute away. The staff were nice but not particularly having an accommodating attitude (which is important when you work in a hotel). Though I find it common here in China. Overall it was a good stay in this hotel.

Nice but can be nicer
    • Superior King Room with City View

Nice but a bit cheapy design for lobby space. Bazaar type of shop next to elevator , extremely expensive dinner without an option for a simple dinner after long working dsys

Friendly staff. Clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worst ever
    • Deluxe Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

1. Room is not clean at all as pictures showed. 2. Staff is not professional, I booked the executive room with the lounge access, and when we checked in, the new staff took us long time since he said he couldn't find our booking because he's new. 3. Nobody told us breakfast is till 10am, I tried to call the front desk to ask about it but it didn't specify in the phone for front desk, so I called the other service number but no one answered. 4. Staff is irresponsible for causing issues to the clients. I told the front desk about our situation and they said they checked with the new guy who helped us check-in, and said he told everything to us. OMG, so he's framing me for telling lies to them for my own so-called benefit which I'm the one who's on loss of money I paid. 5. They don't give doable compensations, I was really tired after a 13h flight and got into this. I have stayed in lots of great hotels and this is not a 5-star one should have! It's the worst experience ever! Bed is not comfortable at all.

Nothing at all

Good location, friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

The location has a very good location. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are big enough to accommodate my family of four! The metro station is just opposite the hotel making it easy to travel to other places in Shenzhen. And there are many eateries at the metro station too.

Great stay for a reasonable price
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

Excellent location- within 3 minute walk from the MRT station. Spacious room with an amazing view at a very reasonable rate - the twin room with 2 double beds can easily accommodate 4 or even 5 adults (and they won't charge the additional adults!). Friendly staff- many would greet you whenever and wherever they see you (even the housekeepers!). Reasonably priced spa/ massage services provided on 5/F - only charging about RMB 110 for a foot massage and less than RMB 400 for a Thai body massage (and they open till 2 am), very reasonable for a spa/ massage facility at a five star hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Excellent hotel, well located for metro
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were always smiling and ready to help, fetching taxis and carrying bags. The food was excellent. The beds are a bit hard by Western standards, but soft by Chinese!

Superb location

Location was superb, right across the street from Metro/Subway exit, and only two Metro/Subway stops from Splendid China, and three stops from Windows of The World.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Location is good, since it is a 5min walk to the metro...
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Staying on the executive levels, I expected the facilities to be top notch. However, first night I tried the shower, the knob in the shower broke, so I had to call maintenance. The maintenance team was very prompt and did a great job. The only issue is that these things should be done in a proactive and not reactive manner

Location is good, since it is a 5min walk to the metro station

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Great location but very average hotel
    • Superior King Room with City View

It smelt like a typical Chinese hotel. Despite breakfast being included in my booking rate, they tried to charge me. Luckily I found my booking on my phoned and managed to convince them it was included.

Very convenient next to the metro station

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Very good value for money
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The bathroom in my room (twin room) were slightly smaller than other hotels of similar ratings. The breakfast (not included in my price) was also expensive.

Very kind and attentive reception staff and concierge. Did not use the restaurant, but the ambience of the reception and dining area / bar seemed very pleasant. Excellent location next to Zhuzilin 竹子林 metro (line 1), with a variety of small local restaurants behind the hotel. Overall, excellent value for money!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

So crowd and noisy even at midnight.
    • Superior King Room with City View

So crowd and noisy even at midnight. ( i stayed for 10days but almost everyday) Drunken people vomiting in the elevator. Very rude staffs. Crockroaches in the cabinet at gym.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Good, reasonable value, can improve with the gym bathroom.
    • Deluxe Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

The change rooms where the gym was a bit dated and smelly. Breakfast buffet could improve Not close to anything on the immediate vicinity, you'd need to take a taxi.

Good gym, reasonable buffet breakfast, not too far from the futian cocopark, but still require taxi. Our front desk - Wang Zhi Hui was very kind and upgraded our room for free - I would stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Definitely coming back
    • Superior King Room with City View

Electrical wires showing in the bathroom.

The staff were amazing but really apologetic because our original room that we booked wasn't available. Instead they gave us a free upgrade to their Executive rooms! It's a bit of a distance from the airport, but it's close to a major port for those intending to travel to Hong Kong or Macau. If you're planning on visiting any of those cities, consider staying here instead of in Hong Kong or Macau. It's great value for money and the rooms are a lot bigger than what you'd normally expect. Wish we could have stayed longer. We'll be back again shortly! :)

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Good location from airport.
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Very good place if you are in transit in Shenzhen. The airport is juste 30 min away. Official taxi available in front of the hotel. A subway station is just 100 m. Staff very professional and kind. Too short stay to judge the restaurants and the facilities.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Some very good things, but the Executive Lounge is a big zero
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

The executive lounge was terrible. Only beer and wine and for only two hours a day. Lunch and Dinner were small sample of snacks. The Executive Lounge Breakfast was amazing, but I had pre-paid for breakfast in Coffee Shop. The two buffets were almost identical, but no one said anything to me. The value for the executive lounge was negative.

When they learn it was my GF and my birthday this week, they upgraded us and gave us a Birthday cake and candles. Very nice. They also were very good at cleaning a small mess we made.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Never more there!
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Stupid rules for the swimming pool... you must use a cap... Stupid rules for laundry... because of my rate I can have 1 piece for free every day... So I had a big bag laundry first day, like 10 pc's and they can not make the balance... they like me doing one single bag laundry everyday??? I am coming to Shenzhen from 10 years and they are really bad there. Another thing is the elevators... the system to reach the upper floors (Vip area) is like impossible... long time waiting...

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Great location. Good for business.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Hotel is little bit old and needs some restoration.

Great location. Very near Zhuzilin station of MTR Luobao line. Only 3 MTR stations to Coco park. Spacious and very functional room. Friendly staff. Good facilities. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Comfortable, and good locale.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The buffet breakfast can be improved. The coffee they served felt and tasted stale.

The staff were very courteous and polite. The location is near some small shops and restaurants patronised by the locals. Checkout was also very quick.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Definitely overpriced !
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Cleanliness: hotel is dirty and smelly, also old and need renovation ! Poor or almost no english speakers for most of the staff. Hotel is overpriced, definitely I will not come back.

Location next to the metro station!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Location, good value for money, close to metro and clean big...
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

I'd prefer to have my own table for breakfast. If you are a solo traveller, sometimes they make you sit at a long table - feels a bit like a canteen.

Location, good value for money, close to metro and clean big rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Great location, comfort,staff
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

No view from room - should have asked for a south facing window room

Staff friendly efficient and helpful. . Location right next to subway , perfect for getting around

Friction free and cheap
    • Superior King Room with City View

I have no complaints, and I am not paid by them I just enjoyed a very friction free stay at this hotel. As a swede I prefer to focus on my goal with a trip and not fiddle and wrangle with staff or details around my hotel stay.

Excellent location, subway only a short walk away. Good cheap breakfast restaurants just around the corner (back). Staying at the 10th floor I was not bothered at all by the traffic outside. Clean room and large for the price. Even room cleaning maid knew enough english to understand basic communication, very polite and humble staff. They accepted my Sweden issued Mastercard debit card -- be advised they will reserve an amount for a few days but that is normal. I have no complaints. Best hotel I've stayed at in this price range, actually "cheap" for what you get. I did not have a chance to try out any on location service but my impression is that it is a pretty well organised hotel, did not miss a beat. I will most likely stay here again when I visit Shenzhen next time for the peace of mind.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Ideal
    • Deluxe Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

Staff were very nice and helpful but there's a huge language barrier. However their English is far superior to my Chinese.

We stayed on the executive floor with access to the restaurant and lounge on the 25th floor. The hotel is located a very short walk to the subway.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

More four star than five
    • Superior King Room with City View

How can a five-star hotel not have a bath tub? Probably because the bathrooms are poorly shaped. Hotel looks a bit worn all round. The value would be good if it was actually like a five star, but it's actually more a four so the price is average

Clean. I imagine good location if you're there for business in convention centre.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Good value, nice rooms, comfortable stay
    • Superior King Room with City View

Nothing in particular. Bathroom shower head could be slightly better.

Stayed here several times. It always seems good value for money for this level of hotel. Nice rooms, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Excellent location and value for money.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Excellent location, knowledgeable concierge, friendly receptionist at the gym and swimming pool, didnt have a chance to try the F&B outlets tho. All in all, thumbs up to this Accor property

Reception could use some improvement on efficiency
    • Superior King Room with City View

The hotel rooms are a tiny bit old/dated

Reception could use some improvement on efficiency

Very nice location, infrastructure and staff.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Very difficult the communication with staff, need more english spoken staff.

Room is very comfortable.

staff,service, gym and pool

staff,service, gym and pool

NOTHING AS AT THIS PRICR THERE ARE ALOT OF BETTER CHOICE
    • Superior King Room with City View

50 USD for the room, 50 for nothing as they provide nothing but a room.

NOTHING AS AT THIS PRICR THERE ARE ALOT OF BETTER CHOICE

Allen Liu from the front desk has been very kind and...
    • Superior King Room with City View

Allen Liu from the front desk has been very kind and customer service oriented

To be exelent: need to be renovated, wi-fi is good but can...
    • Superior King Room with City View

To be exelent: need to be renovated, wi-fi is good but can be faster.

The executive lounge was great.
    • Deluxe Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

The beds were a little too hard

The executive lounge was great. The staff there were just so friendly.

Conveniently located next to subway

Conveniently located next to subway

The aircon is not cold

The aircon is not cold

Great stay at amazing location
    • Superior King Room with City View

Facilities & menu are bit expensive

Great location, very clean and well maintained

Executive lounge service was good and helped me to...
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Executive lounge service was good and helped me to concentrate to my work during my stay. Snacks and drinks during happy hour were good.

NIce hotel with good location.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The lift take a bit longer to arrive,

The hotel is very near the metro. Nice and comfortable room.

Hotel needs an upgrade renovation

Hotel needs an upgrade renovation

Location is good, breakfast is very good, bed is very comfortable, carpet is very dirty

Carpet in room was very dirty and room was not clean enough for 5* hotel

Bed is comfortable and breakfast is very good

Average Breakfast