Reviews of Radisson BLU Hotel Beijing

6A East Beisanhuan Road, Chaoyang, 100028 Beijing, China

#249 of 594 hotels in Beijing

The warm welcome and helpful nature of the staff was the best part of my stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I've stayed at numerous Radissons and this one really needs an update to come up to standard to others within the group. The fitness facilities are also a bit tired, although the pool (unheated) is a good size.

The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good.

The pool was great, the bar and reception area also.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I think my room was very old, the shower didn't work properly. I couldn't watch TV, the reception was bad and the screen was "snowy". The furniture had stains and holes in it...In addition I kept listening to strange sounds all night, I guess it was from the neighbours upstairs...I expected more from Radisson :)

The pool was great, the bar and reception area also. The staff were helpful even though their English wasnt that good and we had some misunderstandings. However, I am aware that this is a problem in China in general.

Clean and big rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff’s English was not too good. The hotel restaurant is terrible, avoid it.

Clean and big rooms. Very very close to convention center. Many restaurants around it. Helpful staff.

Business lounge was great, happy hour from 18-20:00 with...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff at the reception didn't speak good English. During the check in, we were told that the Hotel can't be paid with the card used for reservation on the Booking.com. So the Hotel blocked circa 980€ from my account and the final invoice was 651€. The difference has been returned to my account 4 days after the checkout. I was contacting Hotel before we came to China and they didn't answer the questions related to pre-payment.

Business lounge was great, happy hour from 18-20:00 with food and free drinks!

Excellent hotel overall
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I believe breakfast could be better, in line with the overall quality of the hotel :) slightly disappointed with the food at the Chinese restaurant downstairs.

Air condition at the room dident work.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air condition at the room dident work. Old design at the room. Slow elevator. No tourist help at front desk. Many smal things that diddent work at room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I bocked for my 2 Doughter tour with group he said not Availble after that he said we can get u private car I paid for that but he did not mention we need fees for entry of Great Wall and garden park. They had to come back soon . I am sure they are making money for them self They don’t speak good English and don’t explain fully Sport faculty was in Int her building

Great service. Good price for quality!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool could be a bit more attractive.. The pool itself is great but the surrounding are not very inviting. Dress-room and showers could use some renovation.

Great staff, friendly and helpfull. Concierge was top! Good wifi.

hope other radisson blu properties are better.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

rude staff at reception, poor service, I had forgotten my charging cable in the taxi on the way to the hotel and it was very late so I could not buy. I requested them for a charging cable but the girl at the reception just hung up the phone.

Good Fair hotel, if Exhibition is in this Expo-Center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We book the Hotel beacuse of the fair, exhibition center is in same block. Unfortunately in Beijing there is 2 fair center... So: recheck before.

No complaining, no any special good things, this big Hotel works.

Good hotel, if you can get a deal through your booking agency. Otherwise it is overpriced.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The cost of meals in the bar and in the cafe were ridiculously overpriced. Breakfast cost was 125 RMB. This is approximately $30.00 for breakfast!!! Ridiculous!!! Just around the corner is a Pizza Hut that serves an excellent breakfast menu for around 26RMB ($6.00).

The hotel was clean and modern with an impressive lobby. The staff were capable and the people who interacted with guests could speak passable English - not too common in a hotel in China.

Professional staff were always available and worked...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Professional staff were always available and worked diligently to provide an excellent experience. The staff possessed English language skills far superior to my Mandarin skills : )

Good location if you use the metro to explore Beijing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One Restaurant in hotel had just closed and chinese restaurant seemed v pricey. We had bar meals but menu limited. Getting a taxi was an absolute nightmare so if you need one allow plenty of time. Staff struggled with taxi order.

Good location for metro (10 min walk) and convenient for car transfer to airport when we left. Breakfast buffett v good. Good sized pool.

Not recommend
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not very friendly staff at beginning - we had to proove our booking information - I booked room for 2 audults and 2 kids with breakfast. I'm not sure it was hotel stuff or lack of information from booking.com! Still I needed to show all to get what I booked (fyi breakfast for all of us...). As to the hotel: old, smelly and too expensive

the hotel has good location, breakfast is ok, with good choice.

A little disappointing because this Hotel is too old
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom and rooms are old and really need to be refreshed. The Hotel restaurants are not that good and are expensive (the garden barbecue proposed in the week ends is really not very attractive ..). There is not a lot of places to go around the hotel. I am surprised because in my mind Radisson was a great quality hotel brand

I like the hotel lobby that has a lot of space althought a little too dark The advantage of this hotel is its proximity to the airport (20 mn of taxi). The staff is nice.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Holiday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sauna is working buth realy looking poor , bathroom no have good ventilation, brekfast is not good because old salami and chese , old bread and panini , no have enough choice of juice and no have enough choice of frut with brekfast realy disapointed. Also I do not like that menu because show price is not final price than leter you have suprised when get for pay.

Swiming pool is clean and nice reception staff is great

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Expensive breakfast, old rooms and no king size beds
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast price is externally expensive, and the hotel rooms are old, I have been in many Raddison Blu hotels before and the rooms are a lot more better. I requested a king size bed and they just put to twin beds together to make them look like a king, so during the night was extreamly uncomfortable due to the gap in the middle of the beds.

The hotel staff was really nice

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi was a little intermittent - quite frustrating. Allegedly this is only a short time issue.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Indoor swimming pool was a good size. Good comprehensive breakfast menu.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

OK place for business traveller
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is kind of expensive, location is good for business but wouldn't advise for leisure traveller

Great gym & sauna, comfortable bed, tasty breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Location is the most important reason to choose Radisson - other things need to be improved
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Someone decided to paint the hallway paint during our stay. Paint smelled awful and we had to take pills for terrible headache. Breakfast, other than fruit, terribly artificial. We were here the third time and we resigned to take breakfasts, because the price is disproportionate to the quality.

The hotel's location is the most important and best reason for our choice. I am satisfied with the quality of mattresses - you can sleep well.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

RADISSON BLU BEIJING SUCKS!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was the worst Radisson Blu I have ever stayed at. I will have to have my company review the contract with this hotel. I was there on business but wanted to do a little site seeing. I ask the hotel tour guide for information about a kung fu show and they knew nothing about the show. They didn't know where it was how to get there and so on... I went to the hotel manager and she had me look it up on my cell phone and make my own res. To call the place for questions I was suppose to go to my room and call but later she called for me to ask questions about the show and location and so on.. I ate at the Hotel restaurant and got sick to my stomach. The food they served obviously had a problem. The air conditioner and a couple lights were not working in my room even though I was charged for a DELUXE room because it was newly updated???? Then i was told that the only difference was that a deluxe room had breakfast attached. I was being charged for a deluxe room but if I wanted breakfast needed to pay 180 RB more? I was confused? Then I pulled out the ironing board to iron my cloths but the board was to dirty. I had to request a new ironing board. After my first night I came back to the hotel to find the cleaning people didn't replace my towels. At the Health club they had a ping pong table. I wanted to play but was told it was charge to play but the pool and fitness room was free. Later talking to the hotel manager gave me free time on the ping pong table. I went to the bar in the AM for coffee, even though they were open the lady working ignored me doing her morning prep work. It was OK because Starbucks was across the street. So I just went there. If you look at the photo online of the deluxe room and standard room they look the same but my room must have been a sub-standard room because it didn't look anything like the online version. This hotel totally sucks and will recommend my company cancel the contract with this hotel.

I like that it is across the street from Starbucks

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

the staff we spoke to were polite and friendly and were...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a little dated for my taste and the breakfast was cold the bacon looked like it had been cooked the previous day!

the staff we spoke to were polite and friendly and were willing to help

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Stay in Beijing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet is really terrible!

Good Hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Good location. Convenient to the Exhibition center and not too far from the Airport. Good stay at the Hotel

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

OK Hotel for the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception didn't have the updated booking when we arrived. A lot of commotion to get everything right. "Wear and tear" is everywhere

Very clean and reasonable price

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Very comfortable and nice stay in centre of Beijing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff should be more fluent and better at understanding English. There should be bubble bath or bath foam provided for the bath tub. The breakfast is too expensive.

The room is very comfortable and has all the amenities. The work desk and the easy chair is very nice. There is a Carrefour supermarket next door, 2 min walk away. It is near to the metro train station which connects to the airport. A staff, Erik Lee helped me organize the Great Wall tour and airport drop in a taxi.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

I will not come back there again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi unstable in my room, I was told that it was because the hotel was highly booked and almost full. I insisted to change room after two days and in my new room, the wi-fi was OK. It took me one hour to wait for changing my room after the date I was given for changing 2 restaurants, one of them closed almost every evening.

Excellent breakfast

Comfortable , attentive staff
    • Business Class Room

Exec club could have been more hospitable throughout the day with snacks etc

Good breakfast

10/10

10/10

Good staff

Good staff

Rooms not up to standard and not maintained I stayed in a business room so I hate to see a standard
    • Business Class Room

Rooms getting old and it appears that not much maintenance is done on the rooms Shower tap fell off iny hand

Location is good for me

Would use the Hotel for a business trip again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Food in the Hotel was extremely expensive

Good location for the Exhibition Centre

I
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the mattress of the bed, it was not comfortable and from some areas i felt springs

Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good. Check in was fast

good

all

Very friendly and warm staff will definetly like to stay here again

Its a good hotel

It was good value for money.

The cleanliness

The staff were quite friendly and helpful. They fixed my problems as soon as a complaint was made

The AC does not work well.

The AC does not work well. It is so cold in the room even I turned ac to 26 C

Check out earlier than scheduled because it made me sick from the second night.

Old facilities and felt cold and very noisy with the poor air conditioning. Small bed.

Good location with nice staff.

Excellent place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Difficult to get there from BCIA. What about shuttle :)

Everything actually

LOCATION PERFECT FOR MY PURPOSE

BREAKFAST AND EVENING LOUNGE VERY SIMPLE AND VERY SMALL PLACE

location is good,bed is comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

staff was not friendly and was not helpful. decorations and facilities are old.

location is good,bed is comfortable

cheap, location, clean, english friendly employees
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

more employees with english proficiency

cheap, location, clean, english friendly employees

Easy access to airport

Easy access to airport

My accommodation in Radisson June2017
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air condition in the room can be better.

Closeness to China exhibition, nice area around and very good hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Good environment with friendly staffs,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good environment with friendly staffs, Altogether very good.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Good location for my business

Facility getting old

Good location for my business

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

I love radisson blu beijing

How they are clean Wi fi amazing The food variety

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Service at the breakfast was very bad;
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Service at the breakfast was very bad; my room was not well cleaned.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

A mediocre 3* hotel at the max
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

very old rooms, basic breakfast,

the entrance, lobby bar

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Breakfast was overpriced for what it offered and the room...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was overpriced for what it offered and the room smelled like smoke and was dated.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Good location, swimming pool was fabulous.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff on reception weren't sure what they were doing. The deposit amount was very confusing

Good location, swimming pool was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Good

Nice place

Nice place

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

We had a room with a queen bed, one of the rooms that had...

There was a huge desk taking up much of the open space in the room, and not much storage space for clothes, suitcases, etc. No electric outlet by the bed. Friends stayed in one of the rooms which was not yet remodelled, twin beds, and very much in need of updating..

We had a room with a queen bed, one of the rooms that had been newly remodelled. Nice bathroom, comfortable bed, clean.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Great room service menu and helpful staff

On a two night stay they increased the room rate on arrival even though we were only using the room in the daytime and checking out at 8pm on the second night. I may be mistaken but offering a discount only to charge more when you arrive from overseas and are powerless to sort another hotel seems like a complete scam. Beware!!!

Great room service menu and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Not at all on the 5 star standard and not even on the...

Very old and outdated. All furniture inside room does not worth even 3 stars level honstly

Not at all on the 5 star standard and not even on the expected level of Radisson BLU. Its location is the only thing favorable near the expo

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Comfortable bed and quiet room.

Internet was very spotty and reliable only at certain times of day when traffic was lower (e.g. late at night). Having to take a taxi to and from metro (though it was usually only a 10 minute ride and about USD$3). Neighborhood not lively.

Comfortable bed and quiet room. Efficient room service. Competent front desk help. Carrefour down the street. Closer to airport than downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Bed was comfortable

Cost of food and drink very expensive Over £6 a beer and £20 for a steak Worst thing in this hotel they allow prostitutes in the hotel to offer their services They always approaching you and asking you go to your room I don't expect this in this sort of hotel If I was with my family I would of left

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Staff friendly and very helpful.

Service charge 15% not included in total price. Breakfast too expansive - went outside for breakfast - starbucks right accross the street

Staff friendly and very helpful. Rooms very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

sheets and pillows were clean and comfortable!

Food was TERRIBLE! room furniture were uncoordinated IKEA products; non-smoking room still smelled of smoke; shampoo and body wash fragrance was questionable; concierge was not equipped with brochures and maps of the city and they spoke very little English.

sheets and pillows were clean and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2015

The check-in takes long; the front desk staff is not welcoming. The internet service is very poor. The breakfast is not good - the food seems stale, not fresh

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Very good breakfasts and Chines cuisine restaurant.

Wifi quality is poor

Very good breakfasts and Chines cuisine restaurant.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Swimming pool room food

Swimming pool room food

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

the bed was very comfortable

the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Location Staff and overall amenities

The gallery and the rooms had a smell and the rooms didn't appear fresh and hygienic..

Location Staff and overall amenities

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Hotel Staff and their presentation towards queries,...

wi-fi is speed extremely-2 poor.

Hotel Staff and their presentation towards queries, questions.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

business lounge

no remote control in room, not fully equipped

business lounge

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

not clean and dated needs more cleaning and remodel

• Reviewed: 2 May 2015

Room facilities, location, spacious lobby, laundry service.

Check in - breakfast - swimming pool - cleanliness.

Room facilities, location, spacious lobby, laundry service.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Pool/Gym Facility

No Barista Coffee at Breakfast

Pool/Gym Facility

• Reviewed: 7 January 2015

Staff Need trained for service

Good since foreigner management

Staff Need trained for service

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.