Reviews of San Want Hotel Shanghai

No. 650 Yishan Road, Xuhui, 200233 Shanghai, China

#185 of 802 hotels in Shanghai

Really nice hotel let down by useless wi-fi.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good, possibly great, hotel let down by next to useless wi-fi which was so slow during the day as to be worthless. During the night after 1.00am it did work, slowly. Location is a long way out of the city centre, 30 minutes by metro.

Room was great, very spacious and comfortable bed. Bathroom also excellent. Metro station right next door. Close to the Everbright exhibition centre for business travellers.

Everything was ok except their central air conditioning: ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was ok except their central air conditioning: Air condition was set too low! Outside temperature was 29c, inside room needs to wear a thick sweater and skeep with thick covers! It is wasting electricity ! Though hotel provided me with a heater to compensate the cold room, it just does not make sense with such a regid management .

It was good, but could definitely be better.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Not all the staff spoke English. 2. Booking did not include breakfast. I had to pay additional fee everyday for breakfast. 3. I requested for a Standard double room but was given a Twin room instead. I was informed that the Standard double room was not available. During my stay, I was promised that I would transfer room once it was available, but it never happened.

1. There was a wide food selection for breakfast. 2. The room was cleaned everyday. 3. Foreign exchange was available in the hotel. 4. The location was accessible to a train station and supermarket. Also one train station away from our office location. 5. The Managers were helpful.

Unprofessional staff and old hotel, not very clean
    • Deluxe Suite

This hotel is already old while the maintanence seems poor.

The staff is very unprofessional and even report "no show" to booking.com for another booking under my nam while my friend actually checked in and stayed for 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Breakfast, near metro stop
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There are smoking room floors, centalventilation system makes room smelling tge smoking even though in non smoking room! Far away fromdowntown. Poor air quality. There were smokers in the hall and elevator.

Breakfast, near metro stop

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

they do not trust you
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They deposit 2000 CYN from my credit card (more than total amount of my stay) as soon as I chekin. They do not do it for every person I personally witnessed from somebody else who were checking in. This kind of implementation has not been written in my booking confirmation.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

A convenient stay for business trip
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had asked for a non-smoking room during booking and check-in, but the front desk staff still gave a smoking room in the beginning although later they changed the room to the non-smoking floor after being complained.

Next to a subway station exit for accessing subway and near Xujiahui area for dining.

Good value for money
    • Executive Suite

There is not much around at a walking distance for the leisure time. If a subway station is very close, it is lacking a bit the charm of an animated street.

Good comfort at affordable price. I had a suite for the price of a normal room elsewhere. Quiet while nearby a busy road. Very close to a subway station. Friendly staff and good breakfast.

Good enough, confortable

minibar

staff quality good

price is on the high side for a hotel in such location

price is on the high side for a hotel in such location

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Location was close to our meeting place but far from city...

When I checked out they charged me 5$ for the laundry bag that I took to take my laundry home!!! The bathroom facilitiea were quite old. Breakfast is not included and very expensive

Location was close to our meeting place but far from city center and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

We stayed for two days while we explored the area.

We stayed for two days while we explored the area. the subway is literally next door, which was so convenient. The rooms are spacious and clean. There was free wi-fi and your typical freebies of shampoo, toothbrush, condoms and razor. A lady came by our door daily in the early evening offering free fruit. We didnt stay long enough to use all the amenities but there were restaurant, bar, spa and exercise equipment. I am very pleased with our experience and the price was better than other hotels for the price. I feel very fortunate picking this hotel based on a few reviews.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

Next to a subway station exit for accessing subway and near...

A little bit expensive during weekdays.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Comfortable room.

Free, but slow FiWi.

Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2015

normal hotel.

Every extra you ask is very expensive

normal hotel.

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.