Reviews of Swissotel Foshan, Guangdong

No.1 Chengmentou West Road, 528000 Foshan, China

#2 of 41 hotels in Foshan

I didn't like the hotel, smell everywhere. AC in the room makes too much noises .

I didn't like the hotel, smell everywhere. AC in the room makes too much noises

I didn't like the hotel, smell everywhere. AC in the room makes too much noises

very recomandable place to stay in Guangdong!!

Nothing really.!!

Super place to pass by, Very clean and plaisent. Excellent Wifi, Not as Most of Hotels in China. Very Good Breakfast and excellent Room Service.Nothing

Average 5 star in Foshan.
    • Premier King Bed Room

This Hotel is tired. Across the hole hotel a number of things are broken. Its not a five star and news a refurb.

Location is great that about that it has going for it.

Nothing was satisfying to refer to

The small lobby, non english speaking reception, small elevators, worst gym possible, small room with bad design, very small mini bar and all in low designs.

Nothing was satisfying to refer to

Overall everything was great.
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

Overall everything was great. We were treated very nicely by the Service Manager at the restaurant of the 50th floor. Her name is Apple Pacasum i took her business card as she was very helpful, professional and attentive.

The room was spacious with a powerful and refreshing shower.
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

The check-in staff were quite unfriendly and seemed uninterested. I had 2 bags to pull and I had to change lifts due to floor height, when I asked for help to take the bags to my room. I was told I will have a long delay if I leave them behind. I saw that quite unusual for a five-star hotel in China. The Internet too was horrible in my room and despite reporting, no solution was provided I will avoid the facility in my future travel to Foshan.

The room was spacious with a powerful and refreshing shower. excellent room amenities

I liked the location.
    • Premier King Bed Room

Pool was closed for maintenance, for me it was a big bumper. If the hotel would have mentioned maybe I would have stayed somewhere else

I liked the location. Room amenities like the coffee machine were very nice

Recommended
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

The shower glass was a bit transparent so you would be visible from the room. We didn't use the shower because there was an additional bath which was ok.

Good hotel for reasonable price
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

Mattresses are tough Still needs more attention for facility maintenance Not so clean spa and massage space

Spacious rooms with great views Nice staff

The executive room is very comfortable and we enjoyed the...
    • Swiss Executive Twin Bed Room

The executive room is very comfortable and we enjoyed the snacks and drinks in the lounge in the evening. The staff is excellent. The breakfast is very substantial.

best breakfast, very helpful staff, perfect stay especially...
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

layout of the room: the receptionist gave me another room which has a little better layout but still very small window (like 1 meter) which was unsatisfactory because of the pictures here on booking.com and for an executive room

best breakfast, very helpful staff, perfect stay especially in executive lounge, buffet, small main dish and drinks from 3.30pm-5.30pm there which was very good

Good location, good breakfast, clean.
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

The necessity to use 2 different elevators to reach the room, the lobby or the breakfast lounge is uncomfortable, specially when you have heavy suitcases, it's late at night and nobody from the staff help you to understand how the system works.

Good location, good breakfast, clean.

A classy hotel with attentive staff, a short walk away to shopping belt and subway.
    • Premier King Bed Room

There's no eatery or convenience store on the immediate left and right of the hotel. You have to walk at least 5 - 10mins away. The layout of the 'curtain lights' which switches off every light less those you leave on when you go to sleep is curiously only located on ONE side of the bed. And the electrical socket which I use to charge my phone and keep it near me is on the OTHER side of the bed. To switch off the 'curtain lights' before I sleep, I have to walk to the other side of the bed! It is isn't even on the main switch panel by the door. Before I discover where the 'curtain lights' is located, I just use the 'main switch' to switch off the ceiling light (which does not switch off the bathroom lights), but what I didn't know that is it also switches off the electricity supply, such that I didn't realise my phone was not charging overnight until the next morning. Also, the resolution of the TV in such a high class hotel is very fuzzy and pixelated. Lastly, having to switch elevators on the 36th floor to go to your floor is very inconvenient and irritating.

Very classy hotel with friendly attentive staff. Hotel furnishings were top-notch. Pretty good breakfast buffet on 50th floor and panoramic view of Foshan city. Tallest building in the area makes it easy to find if you walk back on foot to the hotel. Zumiao Ancestral Temple, Zumiao subway and shopping centres are a 10-min walk away.

Very good hotel.
    • Premier King Bed Room

Taking two lifts to go to the room

Very good hotel. Very comfortable rooms with great service. Breakfast is very good with a variety of what you expect from a very good hotel. Location is great as well.

Just ok but not 5 stars .

Room and bathroom too small and

Bed is hard very uncomfortable.bedsheet is roughed and pillow case too. I stayed in junior suite .room to small. Color make room look so old.

The Hotel charged me RMB1,760 for breakfast that i did not...
    • Premier King Bed Room

The Hotel charged me RMB1,760 for breakfast that i did not avail. At the time of check in i was told that Breakfast is RMB176 (giving separate charges clearly). They Did NOT inform that they are going to bill me even if i dont use the breakfast facility. I did not do breakfast and they charged me RMB1,760!....

Stunningly designed, Beautiful and clean property inside ,...
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

Stunningly designed, Beautiful and clean property inside , but the horribly strong smell of cigarettes everywhere. Even though it is claimed to be a non smoking facility , obviously not all travelers follow that rule and also years of smoking inside the hotel speak for itself . May be management should consider removing ashtrays at the Elevator hallways, which are standing right to no smoking signs . The views from the window happened to be busy road and construction , windows are totally not soundproof . After Asking to change the room for more quite one , reception gladly assisted and I was moved to another room on 9th floor with an "amazing " view of neighboring slums , with face to face view with neighbor building window . Not something you expat for over 200 room rate a night at 5 diamond hotel .

• Swiss Executive King Bed Room

- I asked for non connected room,, they give me room with connection 🚪.. - For me i have limited choices of food except breakfast. - Elevator change 🤔 Luckily not much delay.

Location 👍

Western standards, English speaking Staff, decent location
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

Our flight arrived late and our subsequent check-in was also late at around 4am. When we arrived, the concierge was non-existent which is bizzare for a major hotel chain and we ended up taking up our bags ourselves. The reception desk was staffed by a young trainee who fortunately was a very competent young lady and handled our check-in with a minimum of fuss. Please note that I provided a cash deposit instead of a card hold, so I cannot comment on the use of credit cards.

We asked for the executive room and got upgraded to a suite. Room size was good, bathrooms were well outfitted. Beds were a bit hard for the missus but I was fine. Staff at the check-in and a number of the kitchen staff spoke English, which is a blessing in China. The housekeeping staff didn't speak English but were kind enough to make a call to reception for us to check before opening up my son's room when he locked himself out of it. Breakfast was a decent affair, coffee comes from their machines and use fresh ground beans which make it a decent brew. All in all a decent experience. If you want to be in the epicentre of furniture land, then the Sofitel is better located, but the Swissotel is somewhat closer to the high street type malls and shopping.

the best hotel in foshan but little bit expensive
    • Premier King Bed Room

waiting for elevators and also you have to change elevators for higher floors.

Good location and very helpful staff. The facility is fantastic. I think there is noting missing in this hotel.

Location and hotel
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

The staff made many mistake handling my DHL couriers and my Dublicate reservation I was scrude up because of there irresponsible and unprofessional handling of work.

Location and hotel

Staff is friendly and helpful.
    • Swiss Advantage King Bed Room

Room service food is quite pathetic... food standard needs improvement...

Staff is friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Yolanda at the front office, warm service.

Lousy & poor service
    • Swiss Advantage King Bed Room

Very poor service. On check in til check out staff cannot communicate with basic english. No available staff to serve us for after dinner coffee at the lounge when the lounge is not yet closed. On check in , the corridor of elevators are flooded with water...

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I like the helpful people at the front desk.
    • Premier King Bed Room

The room need to renovate, toilet was broken in the room 4019 A waiter was not speak English so hard to communicated.

I like the helpful people at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Hotel for 1-2 day business trip, no gluten free food provided
    • Premier King Bed Room

The room was to terrace that did not open, and there were no view. No gluten free food at breakfast. Spa service was very poor and annoying all the time. Stuff do not speak proper English, they don't understand what clients are asking for and are not able to explain.

Facilities are good, clean and fair

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

perfect
    • Swiss Executive Twin Bed Room

the stuff was ready to help all the time ' the room was large ' this is my second time here in this hotel and every time exited to be here .

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Ideal hotel for business in Foshan
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

Struggled to get WIFI to work. Instructions were not great.

Hotel is in great spot for base to run around in Foshan. Used it also as base for Canton Fair at a great price. Had a good Mocha Latte one afternoon! Will stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Swisotel Hotel
    • Swiss Advantage King Bed Room

Nothing. Just a pity we couldn't extend our stay as it was fully booked for the Canton Fair

The room was spacious and the TV had a fair choice of English Channels. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Hugo stood out for us though he is still a trainee together with his colleague who was also on duty the day we checked in who is also a trainee and the Romanian lady at reception. Free shuttle to Canton Fair We basically liked everything

The staff make us to feel nice and happy...for everything they have solution.

We Like everything

5* for the lady Yolanda on the reception desk...she was wonderful...with her present, you feel like at home. Also other staff was more than perfect.

Foshan star!
    • Premier King Bed Room

Nothing because everything was perfect.

Everything was just perfect. Staff was just so nice stayed in plenty of good hotels, but I must say this is a favourite, a must.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Embarrassment to the SWISSOTEL BRAND!!!
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

EVERYTHING was terrible...Awful right from the check-in! This hotel is OLD and 'TIRED'. Beds are hard as a rock...Restaurant is NOT CLEAN though food is decent. Non-smoking rooms are no different from smoking rooms. I requested a non-smoking room but the room l was given totally wreaked and when l requested another room l was told they're really no different. After a while of back and forth, housekeeping came up and confirmed l was right. Almost an hour after checking in, l was finally moved to another room. SEE PICTURES.

Absolutely NOTHING...When the experience is BAD, it's hard to like anything else.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

excellent 5 star hotel that didn't break the bank.
    • Premier King Bed Room

We could not utilize the pool and sauna. Pool outside was too cold to dip in. Sauna must notify staff so they can turn it on. Hassle.

The view was great because we were up high on 44th floor. The room and the bathroom were superb for the money. I requested a room with a view for my birthday and I got it and more. My husband said it's the first hotel we stayed in China that had a clean carpet.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Unprofessional staff
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

I got my money swapped somewhere by fake money, I didn't know about it and paid for the spa. the staff took the case in very unprofessional way. An army of 6 staff including 2 managers grouped on my door like I'm a big Criminal for that fake 300 Rmb. It was enough to send one to my room and speaking politely to resolve this issue. They also threatened me to put black point to my passport. That behavior is not acceptable at all as you know clearly that China has big challenge with these fake credits all around the country. And it should be expected that I'm as businessman/ tourist is not aware about being fooled by someone. I paid over 4000 Rmb during my 3 nights stay in this hotel and it doesn't make since to Believe strongly that I meant to pay that fake 300 Rmb.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Perfect place for Foshan or shunde visit
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

Facilities including the jacuzzi, sauna and steam are ok but please consider to make some maintenance. If you are living in floor higher than 36 you will need to change lift to reach to your room. So at check in time ask for rooms below 36 floor

The hotel is very well designed and maintained nicely. Staff are very cooperative and most are speaking English. Booked for executive room and they upgraded me to Joiner suite, which very huge with a nice sitting area, 2 toilets , office and dressing area. Actually it's very worthy to book the executive room because it include a breakfast and a small but nice dinner buffet in the executive lounge at the 50th floor including 2 main dishes, salads bar, pizza, sweets and all types of drinks

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Perfect hotel, perfect staff, perfect location. We sure are going to stay there the next time
    • Swiss Advantage King Bed Room

The only thing we didnt like is the hardness of the bed's mattress.Too hard.

Location, an excellent staff ,clean room,great breakfast, an Italian restaurant in 51floor. An outstanding great, kind and proffesional service of Leo ,the concierge, who helped us with any request,provided us a driver who picked us up from Macau border to the hotel.found us a restaurant we were looking for and much more help.They Have shuttle to Canton fair.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Facilities are good but staff needs more training
    • Premier King Bed Room

Lack of training for staff - after we checked into the room, a staff person opened the door of our room with her access card without notifying us or knocking on the door. This could be easily avoided by just knocking on the door and let us know of her entrance. It was not only awkward but also we felt our privacy was being invaded. The staff should have been trained better.

We can see efforts in holding up the hotel to the five star standard.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Real Five Star Hotel
    • Premier King Bed Room

I had a fabulous stay,the staff are all very professional and helpfull.Cindy at concierge is an absolute star and so were her colleagues So Understanding and willingness to help!The hotel is truely 5 💥

great choice

staff

the property

Very good at all

Netting

Very good at all

Fine staying
    • Premier King Bed Room

In general hotel is good. However MARCO POLO has little higher level. Breakfast is very good.

Everything is Great.

Everything is Great.

Friendly staff

Staff are very helpful

Best choice in Foshan

nothing bad point

nice room, good service, excellent WIFI

Many of the workers don't speak English!
    • Premier King Bed Room

Many of the workers don't speak English! great Breakfast The room is clean and big

wifi good to be in china was great

wifi good to be in china was great

Executive Lounge staff, ambience and food were excellent!
    • Premier King Bed Room

Additional Bus Schedules for the Canton Fair.

Executive Lounge staff, ambience and food were excellent!

Excellent device n staff very neat n clean

Excellent device n staff very neat n clean

Location, WIfi

Excellent facilities and very friendly staff

Excellent facilities and very friendly staff

• Swiss Executive Twin Bed Room

Great stay after a hectic day

Location and big rooms

Hotel facility has issues.
    • Premier King Bed Room

Hotel facility has issues. Location is fantastic

Except the cleaner did not supply enough cleansing materials.
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

Except the cleaner did not supply enough cleansing materials.

Very nice. Recommend for those going to FoShan.

Bed was very good. Breakfast very nice.

Good

Staff not a welcoming staff

The value for the money

Location is perfect for our job

Very friendly staffs

Rethink if you don’t like sleeping on rocks
    • Swiss Executive King Bed Room

The beds were hard as a rock

Device and staff were great

Very good hotel and friendly staff.

Excellent hotel

Foshan Swissotel - worth to come again for stay
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

Nice, comfortable guestroom, good location close to metro, has gym and swimming pool

Nice hotel , good location , clean and comfortable

Nice hotel , clean , big bed comfortable

The cleanliness and convenience

The cleanliness and convenience

Very clean, prefect location, the staff very polite.
    • Swiss Advantage King Bed Room

Very clean, prefect location, the staff very polite.

Pool was closed

Pool was closed

Staff is very good

Staff is very good

The best hotel in Foshan

Nothing really

Staff very accommodating, excellent service beyond my expectations. Too much food

Best choice to stay 8n Foshan

very good l9cation and very fast wifi

Location and the staff's almost everything is fantastic.
    • Premier King Bed Room

Location and the staff's almost everything is fantastic. Hope to stay again.

It was comfort place to stay in Foshan.
    • Premier Twin Bed Room

the room is clean and spaciousness.

The staff were great

The staff were great

Always wonderful.

Not a thing!

Great service, beautiful rooms. The executive lounge is well worth the expense.

Value for money

Elevator service is not good have to change on 36th floor for hotel elevator

Value for money and work

Very good

Staff was very Friendly

comfortable place

some time wifi down

recommended place for this area

Good employee’s , good room . The food not nice
    • Premier King Bed Room

The front door employee’s kindness