Reviews of The Portman Ritz-Carlton Shanghai

1376 Nanjing Xi Road., Jing'an, 200040 Shanghai, China

#38 of 816 hotels in Shanghai

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Average, and far too expensive for the service.
    • Premier Suite

The decor is old and musty, the windows are dirty, the carpets are ugly and the layout is old and tired.

The service was lovely, everyone was helpful and kind. The location is also convenient, with Cityshop just outside.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Perfect
    • Deluxe Room

The stuff helped us at any question or demand. Since it was a Jewish holiday, we could not use the elevator or any electronic devises. The stuff activated, turn on/off the lights and every thing and was very kind and helpful. The rooms are big, beautiful, very modern, well equipped and comfortable. We enjoyed to stay there and will recommend it to our friends. The hotel locates near Beit Habad, a big advantage.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, check-in was...
    • Deluxe Room

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, check-in was smooth and fast. The rooms were big and well equipped, Sauna, Pool and Gym very clean - but the flair for the pool was less relaxing than you'd have expected when looking at the pictures. Overall great value for money.

Every single staff i encountered at the hotel was very...
    • Deluxe Room

Every single staff i encountered at the hotel was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Housekeeping was very thoughtful to add items like extra towel and water bottles when they noticed I used more. Toiletries are good quality - Asprey I can say I had the best experience at Portman.

Wonderful Housekeeping and Front Desk team
    • Deluxe Room

What stood out unfortunately at check out was the staff leaning and chatting by the Front Desk in plain view of the Guests checking in; for frequent travellers, we would expect that at other establishments, not the Ritz. We were told our room was ready but when we went up, it was still being set up.

The staff went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable anniversary; we had a lovely Room Stewart and the surprises they had for us simply made our stay more memorable. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Still a great hotel after all those years
    • Deluxe Room

One of the earlier hotels in Jing An along with JC Mandarin, which is no more. It was built 20 years ago and designed by Portman and was one of the best in the city for a long time. It is still a great hotel and reminiscent of an earlier Shanghai circa late 90’s. Convenient location on Nanjing Rd. The concierge are excellent and the staff generally provide very good service. Breakfast is better than most hotels in China The gym is well equipped but don’t bother with the pool. I enjoy staying here even if it’s a little old by Shanghai standards.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

It's Not for Me...
    • Deluxe Room

Too expensive and I won't go back!

It is near US Shanghai Consulate that for people who want to walk there for visa/passport related matters...

Can feel it’s 20 years old hotel - bad value for money
    • Deluxe Room

The shower is very old , didn’t clean the room when we are out all day, no Ac in the club lounge

Location is great, staff are helpful and nice , except duty manager Richard

Staff and location
    • Club Deluxe Room

Booking.com. You guys didn’t complete my reservation. They couldn’t find my booking in the system. Luckily they kept the same rate as i booked.

Staff and location

Excellent hotel, great location will stay again.
    • Deluxe Room

Service in the lobby bar area was noticeably less attentive than in all other areas of the hotel.

The property was clean, comfortable and well located.

A worderful experience.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel was in an excellent position. Close to the metro and across the road is the stop for the Hop On / Off Bus. In the complex there are various restaurants for dinner and not too expensive. Breakfast in hotel very good.

Bad management
    • Deluxe Room

Staffs at the gym and pool are badly trained Went to the pool, the staffs at the front desk asked me to wear a swimming cap, I said ok, but I wanted to see the pool first, I went upstairs and saw there was a outdoor pool, and asked the staffs there if I needed to wear a cap at the outdoor pool, he said NO. So I went to the pool, but suddenly THREE STAFFS came to me, and asked why I wasn’t wearing a cap? I said the staff out there said I didn’t need to. But they insisted that I had to, so did I. After 10 mins, I saw a couple of American guests came to the outdoor pool, and not wearing swimming caps, nobody was asking them to wear. I went to the front desk and complained about it. I was angry because: 1st, some staffs said the guests should wear swimming caps, some said no. 2nd, they have double standard to different guests, some need to wear, some not. Unbelievably bad management, one of the worst Ritz Carlton I have ever stayed at.

Location is excellent

The people who work there are all exceptionally good and...
    • Club Deluxe Room

Only little down side the sauna area could use a make over, the wood is looking real bad, also a nasty rotten egg smell was there.

The people who work there are all exceptionally good and friendly.

Great location, superb service.
    • Deluxe Room

The building itself appears to be a bit run-down, slightly old. Room furniture was slightly dated (but clean, not to worry).

Excellent service from the staff - everything was well handled, concierge went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable (late checkout at 2pm!) even though we only stayed for one night as we were transiting in Shanghai. Food was pretty good, the bed was comfortable. Location was excellent - in the centre of Jing'an and many popular spots were accessible from the hotel.

I’ve stayed there 4 times, business and leisure and all have been perfect.
    • Deluxe Room

Slippery forecourt where the tiles angle quickly, exactly where they meet the street. Wife took an extremely bad fall, finishing with concussion. I sat and watched and within an hour saw two more women slip, but managed not to go over. I NOW HAVE PHOTOS IF THE HOTEL ARE INTERESTED ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. When reported in May 2017, there is no change in May 2018.

I travel extensively through Asia, plus New Zealand and Austria, in 4 and 5 Star Hotels. Without being “over the top” it’s a first class hotel. Good atmosphere with plenty of services and cheap eats nearby if you want, to meet a variety of needs.

Great service made it a great trip for me.
    • Deluxe Room

Metro is five ten mins away.

Great service. Stayed here two years ago but they have really improved for good to exceptional. Location is fairly central.

Good old hotel situated at the best spot in Shanghai
    • Deluxe Room

The TV for deluxe room was too small and did not support any outputs, it felt like living in early 2000s. A really bad experience on noise complaint. They should improve their sound proof quality because I could clearly hear couples moaning at night. The breakfast buffet had quite some nice Chinese food selection, but lacks Western food choices which could be a great problem for foreign guests like me.

Doubtlessly, located at one of the best locations in Shanghai with a lot of shoppings and restaurants around. And needless to say, they have a great city view if you choose rooms facing front entrance direction. They also have a very comfortable bed, excellent room service, and awesome staffs with positive attitudes.

Nice hotel but lacked the extras you’d expect from a luxury location.
    • Deluxe Room

The food was just average and overpriced. The hotel room lacked the “extras” you’d expect from a luxury hotel. No coffee maker, iron or ironing board, only two small bottles of water, only one bar of soap. The shower was so small we could hardly move around.

The restaurant staff was excellent!! They stayed open late for us.

Big place, and big disappointment.
    • Deluxe Room

I'm a photographer. I booked this hotel because I saw one of the hotel Ad photos showing a great view of historical Friendship Conference Hall from the hotel roof top garden. However, I was denied access to this area so that my trip from US to this location was wasted. I spoke to the front desk staff, lobby hostess, residential tower doorman, and hotel maintenance crew and was denied. They all say it is reserved for residential guests, not hotel guests. Why show this picture on the hotel site?

Location and view

It feels like at home
    • Deluxe Room

Gym machines and spa are good but not up to date. The bar is expensive and doesn’t have the classic cocktails in the menu.

The neighborhood is very nice, the variety of restaurants and shops downstairs is excellent, the pool is nice (outdoor and indoor).

Excellent stay - I would stay there again.
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms need a bit more sound proofing as I could hear the TV and people talking in the next suite.

The staff were wonderful and such a convenient location.

Excellent location and value for money
    • Club Deluxe Room

Everything , I always choose this hotel when visiting Shanghai and have no intention to change it. This last stay is my 5th time and I recommend the club rooms

Just stayed two nights and wish it had been more!
    • Deluxe Room

Just stayed two nights and wish it had been more! Extremely convenient, luxury hotel in the heart of Shanghai. Wonderful staff were very accommodating, they were especially sweet to our two small daughters. 5 stars!

5.5
    Miserable
    • Deluxe Room

I had a problem with my passport and was not allowed to initially check in. The staff were unwilling to help and would have let me sleep on the street had I not called a friend. I was not able to check in until 3am in the morning as my friend had to travel to get there.

Nice location

Staff inconsistent with service
    • Club Deluxe Room

Some of the other staff members were not as customer service oriented as you would expect from a Ritz Carlton. I and a colleague of me both experienced this. Myself with one of the duty managers who literally told me I could go to another hotel if I was unsatisfied with the service. She had issues getting the concierge to arrange a taxi. They told her maybe she didn't understand them, mind you they were both speaking in Chinese as she is native.

I believe that the staff in the lounge on the 43rd floor were very nice. They were warm, friendly, and hospitable when it came to requests.

Comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Room

Wi-fi is very slow and we just gave up using it.

This is my second time staying in this hotel. Before my stay I have asked for hotel's help to reserve restaurant, and their response was very quick. Staff is friendly and attentive. Location is convenient to either the Bund or Hongqiao airport, and also close to Metro station.

exceelnt service
    • Club Deluxe Room

Getting a taxi is getting so difficult - this is the the only negative about the hotel they need to change the system so that the hotel calls for a taxi and one arrives I have waited 45 minutes for a taxi

This is the sixth time I have stayed here. I stayed on the club level and as always found the service very professional if you want a light meal, there are a few restaurants in the vicinity

Fantastic facilities, great location and the best service.

Nothing, it was great!.

I loved how every staff member is so alert and attentive. I’ve travelled so much that I usually feel a hotel is a place to leave my stuff and go around a city, however here it was a real pleasure and a service. There were little details everywhere to show the management and staff are carefully selected, well trained and operate the hotel excellently. I went for my wife’s birthday and had various surprises including bringing her friend from New York. The hotel experience manager Sofia helped me surprise my wife by having her friend come into the room with a room service cart with Champagne. They completely understood the situation and did all they could to help. I was checked in by an extremely polite gentleman called Christian, he gave me a brilliant room, and later when I was going out to dinner I explained we now had an extra guest. He cooly replied ‘i’ll take care of it’ upon my return there was an extra bed in the room which was perfect! I really love the location too, I usually stay closeby at another hotel as I frequently travel to Shanghai, but it’s safe to say i’ll be returning to this hotel again!

Great service + location!!
    • Deluxe Room

It was slightly cold in the room, which may be due to the building simply being a little older.

The service at this hotel is amazing!! They transition seamlessly between English and Chinese and are willing to answer any questions you have. Everything in the rooms is very thoughtful (American-compatible outlets, for example), and very comfortable.

We love it, our experience value its reputation. Will choose to stay for next visit.
    • Deluxe Room

Maybe the bottle water coukd be put available more in the room so that we needn’t to order for one more time.

The room’s design and decoration make people who live in feel comfortable, not brand new though. We like it.

But The Lounge did make us easy for us to gather and chat before business meetings
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast extremely boring with the same food for 5 days! Also as Vegan & Gluten Free.. I basically have nothing to eat except fruits & cucumber strips..

We paid extra to be on Executive level and the lounge staff are good. Especially Arlene! She goes all the way to assist from searching for information to booking transportation for us.

Wouldn't go back - ever.
    • Deluxe Room

We didn't enjoy this hotel at all. The building was lovely, but atmosphere was off. Some staff were excellent, others horrible. It was quite a range! Didn't like the location in the city -so many other better areas. Food excessively and unjustifiably expensive.

Would be very happy to stay there again.
    • Deluxe Room

Didn't really understand all that the hotel had to offer. I used the gym and pool on my last day for i didn't see any information in the room as to how to use it nor what spa treatments they had. They offered for free in the lobby, chinese tea and i think ice-cream but not sure what time they did this.

The hotel has an excellent gym and pool and the beds were lovely, a single is the size of a 3/4 bed, and a double is a full emperor size. Situated a 5 or 10 minute walk from the metro, and the metro is very easy to use. Close by is a few restaurants that are good for non-adventurous eaters and located right next to the western supermarket.

Fair
    • Deluxe Room

Noted that my credit card account was immendiately debited for the refundable deposit of RMB5000 but was told that i can only expect to receive the refund several days later. This would not be fair to the guest.

Generally friendly staff

Sorry to say as the staff were amazing but never again.
    • Deluxe Room

The room was ultra depressing. Old fashioned decor and stank of stale cigarette smoke. I asked to be moved and the next room was just as bad. I couldn't wait to leave.

Very helpful staff. Good bar and food.

Nice hotel in a central Shanghai Location
    • Deluxe Room

Although the breakfast choice was brilliant, it is still a little pricey for breakfast. Having a lighter/cheaper alternative would have been nice.

The hotel was very nice, being offered tea on arrival was also a nice thing while checking in. The staff throughout the hotel were always very friendly and willing to help. The hotel itself was nice, and the room was comfortable. There is wifi in the hotel which is pretty good, but like most internet connections in China was not brilliant. The hotel had a very well equipped gym, with everything you would expect to find in a dedicated gym. This was also not too busy, and never had any problems getting on to machines in the morning. Breakfast was also very good, with a lot of varieties of food both asian and western. There would be something for everyone. Also the staff in the restaurant are always friendly, and quickly cleaned up empty plates, offering coffee etc. The hotel also has a supermarket right outside, along with a few shops/restaurants. Including Din Thai Fung for soup dumplings, starbucks for morning coffee, and lil laundry for craft beer. The hotel is also located conveniently close to the office I was working in, as well as being surrounded with a lot of shopping malls, and the metro to quickly get to the rest of the city.

lovely hotel great staff would staff again
    • Deluxe Room

room service is abit pricey.

beds are super comfy, let us check in at 9am and check out at 4pm. Huge hotel great smell walking distance to a lot of stuff. good little black tail pop up bar in the hotel aswell

Loved the cosiness, design, efficiency, good quality of...
    • Deluxe Room

Loved the cosiness, design, efficiency, good quality of everything! Not to mention the fantastic location! So many nice features in teh architecture, like the waterflows, also the pieces of art you run into all over the place. Great, fabulous place.....if you can afford it!

Comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Room

It would be perfect if there is also tissue in the room instead of only one in the bathroom.

Service is nice, everything goes smooth for check in and check out. The room is comfortable. Wi-fi is stable. Only within 10mins walk to the closest station and a few nice restaurants open until midnight.

Best hotel of our 5 week trip in China
    • Deluxe Room

Stuff was extremely friendly and courteous. Nice room. The best was the service for our 3 year old child. Next to the front desk there is a table where he could paint. Then he got a tent with a torch, stool, cup, special bathing shampoo for kids and even a handwritten personal card with a little painting... He felt so special, he loved it. It was the best hotel during our 5 week stay in China!! At check-in the woman at the front desk wrote the wrong room number and we almost got into a room where someone was already staying. The stuff apologized about 10 times and we even got fresh made chocolate and cupcakes on the room as an excuse. It was so sweet. Absolutely recommendable!!!

Great location, good facility and room space, agree on an...
    • Deluxe Room

The bed is not fully cleaned, there's hair left on the bed under the quilt when I arrive.

Great location, good facility and room space, agree on an earlier check in, though only twin beds room available at that time.

Great place for Family in heart of downtown Shanghai.
    • Deluxe Room

We liked pool but would be more fun if barrier between inside & outer section was removed.

Location was great - we could walk to the former French concession & other parts of Nanjing Xi lu. Great access to the Bund by taxi too. Being with teenagerd we loved that all restaurants that are part of the Shanghai centre were easily accessible for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Confusing bill
    • Deluxe Room

The paper work and check-out procedure was slightly frustrating and confusing. Booking.com has changed a little since the last time I booked through them; and was able to use my union pay card to reserve with previously. This time I needed a credit card to reserve the room, both times in the same weekend. And I was under the impression the price listed on booking.com included the hotel service fees. On the hotel invoice it breaks down the bill per day, and no total listed. Also the first reservation we paid extra for the breakfast buffet, that wasn't listed on the bill? The only logical 'total' I received a number (miniscule amount) for was what I was to be reimbursed from my cash deposit.

After my first two days I decided to book another night. The reservations through booking.com for an extra night was great and included their breakfast buffet for two people.

Like sleeping on a cloud
    • Deluxe Room

The room was a little disappointing as I reserved a non-smoking room but it smelled of smoke and the tv screen was broke, there was a dark mark in the middle of the picture. However the bed was unbelievably comfortable!

My company had an event at their theatre so it was very convenient to stay here. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Shanghai staycation
    • Deluxe Room

The Jacussi was not working and the pool & gym were a bit miserable and dated compared to the grandness of the entrance & everything else (nothing like the website photos). Bit of a missed opportunity as they have the outdoor pool too..

The bed was great & the lobby bar was very nice to hang out -good drinks & lovely staff. Loads of nice things around, barely need to leave the place..

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Fantastic view, helpful and attentive staff
    • Deluxe Room

I stayed on the 34th floor, which had a fantastic city view, I could even see the Shanghai Tower. The staff spoke fluent English, was very attentive, water bottles were replaced constantly and they went out of their way to help me print something. The bed was very large and very comfy, so was the bathrobe! The hotel is located between two subway stations, located in a nice neighbourhood with many shops and restaurants. When I'm back in Shanghai in the future, I'd love to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Winning in Shanghai!
    • Deluxe Room

It is very comfortably western and we had enjoyed a more "local" experience staying near the Bund earlier in a much less western environment. Just different experiences.

Sharing the venue with our Aussie rules football team, Port Adelaide

good service, nice room, comfortable bed
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel is far from the West nanjing station. I had to take taxi every time to get to the station. Shuttle to the station might be better if you guys are available.

good service, nice room, comfortable bed

excellent Hotel to stay
    • Deluxe Room

very less of vegetarian food

The Breakfast was overall good except less of vegetarian the location was quite good, in the heart of the shopping street

Great hotel, would definitely stay here again!
    • Deluxe Room

Not the best location in Shanghai (quite a distance from the Bund), but only a short walk to Jing'an Temple subway station (green line 2).

Great hotel, comfortable room, cool bars, decent pool and gym etc! Friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend the dumping restaurant next to hotel (must try the truffle dumpling).

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

ugly treatment from the staff and we never coming back
    • Shanghai Room

Nothing in our last day in the hotel we check our safety box and someone took our money from the box. after make a complain in the concierge the manager Diana and the security personal of the hotel came into my room and they do nothing about this problem and didnt offer an appologize or something about this robbery. just say hummm ok we check and for a clssy hotel like this you will be spected more action and at list a serious investigation. after all is a good brand but this particular hotel was a terible nightmare and let you think about how safety you can leave your value things in the coffer. so as a permanent visitor in china i would say is not a pleasure this time.

nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Love my stay at Portman ritz Carlton
    • Deluxe Room

Staff are all very attentive n helpful. Went the extra mile to provide a jewellery box n pouch for my costume jewellery when she saw them live lying on the table .

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Bad things can happen in thia hotel
    • Shanghai Room

In the hotel somebody stole from my safety box money and nobody take care about the claims the manager treat us like doesnt care and no offer even a so sorry about that. Take care because they dont do with the passengers. Nasty and dissapointed experience

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

won't stay here again, but will return anytime to "the Portmans"
    • Deluxe Room

booked this place for the outdoor pool, but turned out that we were not able to use it. Opens mid June (this was for one of hottest days in the year so far - May 30th the breakfast was a big disappointment. Food overcooked (probably sitting under heat lamps too long) and although they had a good spread, it was not good looking at it (poached eggs' hollandaise sauce hardened, turkey ham overcooked and dry, scrambled eggs dry) , super busy and noisy and just not what you would expect for such a brand name hotel. Bathroom shower door did not close properly, so water was all over after finishing shower. for 1600RMB per night, expectations were not met. Not the high end quality hotel that we thought it would be.

had dinner at "the Portman"which was excellent. service & quality above bar. Very accommodating and attentive staff. Good servings and well presented and cooked dishes. comfy bed and pillows accommodating staff as we asked for a room with a view to the front (south) so got switched.

Great views
    • Deluxe Room

The cost of drinks at the bar and the prices for breakfast are typical of any large chain hotel. There are plenty of cafes situated around the hotel which, while not the cheapest are much less expensive and well recommended .. Even better to walk a bit further and have a huge choice of budget restaurants.

Large and very comfortable hotel with great views over Shanghai. The staff were polite and well trained. There is a large supermarket in the basement just outside the main entrance which meant we didn't have to risk the expensive breakfast. Cafes all around, close to shops and the choice of two subway stations within walking distance meant is was easy to get almost anywhere in Shanghai.

Excellent place to stay in Shanghai
    • Club Deluxe Room

pillows were very soft and a little old. Carpet in the room was a little stained but not dirty

excellent staff; great Club Lounge; safe and central hotel

Great stay and overall value for money
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was not the best I have had and was expensive in comparison to others

Location was ideal, easy to access Metro and a very pleasant area to walk around, good selection of other restaurants. Bar area, happy hour and bar food offers were very good,

Experiences with Portman Ritz-Carlton
    • Deluxe Room

The buffet breakfast is bad. A few hot dishes were cold. Waitress were not smart in providing services.

Location is very good, within walking distance from the subway and shopping centers.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Great place to stay
    • Deluxe Room

the stay was excellent, service wonderful, food great. very clean, accessible. there were 5 people from our company and the feedback from everyone was the same. we will definitely be going back

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Staff helped us check in early but didn't call us when...
    • Deluxe Room

The room seemed quite old and the staff that helped us at the lobby when we first arrived didn't have the service nor attitude of a five star hotel. The concierge didn't help us take out our luggage when we arrived by car and didn't open the door for us.

Staff helped us check in early but didn't call us when we could check in as requested. The bed is large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Wonderful place to stay!

Everything was great.

The hotel was really quiet, perfect for sleeping! Pool looked great wish I'd had the energy to go in. There is a grocery store if you walk straight out of the hotel across the taxi stand lanes and down the escalator. Perfect for picking up drinking water! The whole complex was centrally located and had lots of convenient amenities.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Fantastic hotel... Lovely club!
    • Club Deluxe Room

Nothing. Our stay was fantastic!

The staff went above and beyond again during our stay. The children stayed with us and the lovely staff set them up with a camp site... Tent, cosy dressing gowns, blankets! It was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The staff were outstanding.
    • Club Deluxe Room

The staff were outstanding. They went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be, Even sending 24 red roses to our room on our wedding anniversary. Thank you for our stay, a truely amazing team!!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Be careful while using credit card at this property
    • Deluxe Room

Next day when I checkout i received text from my bank that there is transaction of 8000 RMB from my account which was made by hotel management and that is fake transaction so everyone be careful while using your credit card 💳 it's not safe in this property

Location is perfect

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Club is worth it!!!
    • Deluxe Room

There are 3 elevators in revocation of 6 total so, The Elevators wait time was challenging.

the club is great extra and the staff is very very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Awful hotel

Elevators, parking

The elevators are broken .. like a sweaty crowded subway car.. awful hotel and rude staff... pudong hotel is much better than the Portman one .. worst hotel experience I ever had....

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent Hotel!
    • Club Deluxe Room

Nothing - liked everything, including the jelly beans in the Club Lounge!

Excellent food / drinks on the Executive Floor; very friendly and attentive staff; extremely comfortable bed; very good location.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Exellent except the card reservation
    • Deluxe Room

The extra reservation on credit card The reception man didnt tell that there was extra reservation. That caused me extra problems when I used the credit card later

Breakfast Room size

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Amazing customer service,
    • Club Deluxe Room

The swimming pool is a rather awkward small space.

The Club staff headed by Alice are fantastic, they alone are the reason I decided to stay once again at the hotel. They are an amazing team with a superb understanding of customer service.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Will not choose booking.com and this hotel on my next booking
    • Club Deluxe Room

I requested for the twin 2 bed room but not available! Then why still accepted my reservation ! Changed 3 different room for four nights stay ! Very unacceptable!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Poor hospitality

We booked 7 rooms for 7 guests but one guest couldn't check in due to previous guest's late check-out till 5 p.m. and the hotel manager couldn't do anything. So our guest decided to move to another hotel. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

good
    • Deluxe Room

so many people in the lobby dont belong to the hotel and some of them dont make it confortable the stay there

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Excellent hotel with all the necessary ammeneties for the business person to stay at.
    • Deluxe Room

Staff were extremely friendly and very attentive. Have stayed her a number of times and highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Nothing, very happy.
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing, very happy. Oh the price of Cocktails was over the top but that is all

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent and unbeatable location, best service!
    • Deluxe Room

Room’s decor is rather outdated, however bathroom facilities are decent.

Excellent and unbeatable location, best service!

Browse The Portman Ritz-Carlton Shanghai traveller photo gallery