2. China hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Puli Hotel And Spa

Reviews of The Puli Hotel And Spa

1 Changde Road, Jing'an, 200040 Shanghai, China

#4 of 793 hotels in Shanghai

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

The entrance lobby is absolutely breathtaking, atmospheric...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

My main complaint with the room is there is no place near either sinks to properly put my toiletries, it seems to me the designer is a man who doesn't even use a shaving bag! I had to line my makeup along the edge of the bathtub, very annoying! The cuppuccino in the lobby is not up to standard, the single shot of expresso was bitter in a large cup with too much foam. I went nearby for my coffee fix.

The entrance lobby is absolutely breathtaking, atmospheric and mysterious in a stylist chinese way. One of the best lobbies in the world. A beautiful haven in a busy, polluted city.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 8, 2019

The details of the hotel were wonderful.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The details of the hotel were wonderful. Staff were exceptional and couldn't have been more helpful. Everything you need is there. Throughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

The most beautiful I have seen in Shanghai

Nothing in my mind

This hotel is very impressive, very beautiful, lovely interior design. The long bar is very charming. The swimming pool with the hot baths area are very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Fabulous stay cation
    • Club Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Everything! Central location and very near the metro station. The decor was nice and the water feature made it even better. Comfy beds and cable tv are a plus. Very family-friendly! They provided a crib, baby bath tub and toiletries. They even gave a plush teddy bear. Make sure to book club level, it is worth every penny for all the benefits. Food as great too! We loved the kimchi and pork wontons and the scones from afternoon tea. Yum!

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

Nice trip!
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Nothing to be mean about

The whole hotel is pretty big,the facilities are awesome,especially the swimming area.All the windows are straight-to-ground so that we could see a nice scenery of the city.Half part of the hotel is filled with trees and green plants,If I didn’t know where is it located,I might be confused if it is in a forest (lol) The modern style of design combined with the piece of area perfectly. Room was clean and cozy,and the library kind of thing on 1f really attracted me. Although it rained a lot,the overall experience was kinda great and I appreciate your efforts. To sum up,I had a good time! Nice place for u 2 go👍

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

It’s right at the centre of the city, but hidden very well...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Practical wise, I didn’t like the design of bathroom. We had two separate sinks which were supposed to be practical for both using it at the same time, but the sinks and surface areas were too small that there was always splash of water on the floor.

It’s right at the centre of the city, but hidden very well though. It’s a very zen hotel I’d say, everything makes me feel very calm and minimalized. The Spa is incredibly nice too!

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

So many design details were considerably measured.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Cant think of anything at the moment.

So many design details were considerably measured. Im a sculptor and designer, so these things are important to my over all enjoyment. The architectural and interior textures were numerous without being invasive. The quality of the bedding, the layout of the space, the roomy shower, separate bath and closet space. We stayed in the comfort executive king room. It was outstanding. I rarely stay in a hotel where I would consider the layout as thoughtful as I would the Puli. It is expensive, but as a one off now and then, I think its worth it. If it was a bit less costly, I would certainly enjoy spending more time at this Brand. They take care of you from start to finish and the design is beyond reproach. Go and enjoy and take the time to take in all the beautiful elements of this hotel.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Disappointing for a 5-star luxury hotel, over-priced for what it offers.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Well, quite a few honestly. The cleanliness of the room, the maintenance of furnitures, the transparency of operational process. Cleanliness: Dust are visible on top of tables, plug sockets, sofa, cushions; Furniture & facility maintenance: The shutter in our room did not work, it couldn't be rolled up for us to enjoy a little of the view. The hotel didn't send technician to fix it for us. The shutter itself is very heavy, even if it worked, it would take a lot of effort to roll it up. By the way, we upgraded with charges to a room with a view of Jing An park and temple, and in fact, it was a view with highway and Jing an park. Operations: We asked concierge to buy something for us out of emergency since the hotel couldn't provide. The stuff could be bought in any 7-11 or family-mart where there are ones within walking distance of the hotel. the value of the stuff itself is less than 10 RMB. We gave the staff 100 RMB. In 5-10 mins, the staff came back with the goods and the changes sealed in an envelope. To thank him, I offered him 50 RMB as tips. However, when I opened the envelope, there was 42.2 RMB inside, no receipt to be found. OK, no problem, they may put the receipt as well as the service charge in my bill. But when we were doing check-out and I asked the front-desk staff, the answer provided was "we don't know, we don't have any process about this service charge, the concierge can decide the amount they feel like to charge." Cost and charge are not the problems here, we pay for the services and the convenience. But, for a 5-star hotel that has been in business for more than decade, I simply find it difficult to accept.

Very ideal location, one of the best in Shanghai, close to commercial and cultural destinations. The breakfast room is nicely designed with cozy atmosphere, staff are very attentive.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Design, room size and comfort
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Deposit taken from my card higher than room spend, still they charged me the room fee. Reception girl not taking care of my request of support and not showing total balance. Not good service

Design, room size and comfort

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

rejuvenating comfort in a gorgeous minimalist setting
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The very ZEN atmosphere of the hotel, along with the care and attention of the staff makes this the perfect place to stay when you need to decompress while doing business in China. I would not hesitate to come back for a truly non business leisure stay as well.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Almost perfect
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool was out of action. Sauna was not hot enough.

Everything was excellent except it was disappointing not to have more vegetarian options for dinner.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Puli is lousy in service, the breakfast provided is same for 3 days. Puli is not value for money!
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

there is no explanation of the extra charges CNY550 every night while we are using the existing sofa bed! It should be included in the room rates as we mentioned on the booking.com we are staying with 2 adults and 1 kid (with breakfast package for 3 person)

They provide bucket of ice every evening and clean the room twice

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Everything!

Nothing!!

Everything!! Perfect! I love the room and the staff I’ve met at The Puli are all great! They’re attentive to detail unlike many other common hotels in Shanghai. Also, i love the pool and the spa. Calm and serene!

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

awesome! a masterpiece of interior and architecture design.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

When we arrive from the airport, we take airport taxi that, based on meter, it is 100 yuan. However, during our departure from the hotel, we were pushed by the doormen to use the hotel limousine to the airport which charge us to 300 yuan. It is not much, but we find that it is a little tricky, though.

A masterpiece of interior and architecture design for city hotel. very contemporary and yet very modern and hi-tech. as an architect and interior designer, I find this place a destination in itself. so great that I can just visit this hotel and go back to my country. it is that worthwhile. we were upgraded to the corner suite room with 50 sq.m. total area and 2 side window. the restroom and walkin wardrobe is separated from the living and bed area. The surrounding area is awesome with Jing an temple and a lot of classy shopping mall, much more comfortable shopping places compare to other touristy area like Nanjing street in the city center.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Probably my favorite place to stay in Shanghai to date.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Excessive reliance on plastic water bottles throughout the rooms, pool and spa area. Would be really nice to see a more ecological solution.

Probably my favorite place to stay in Shanghai to date.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Beautiful property only very minor nitpicking
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Room service food was disappointing.

Beautifully designed rooms featuring large bathroom. Nice pool area. Room was a bit cold though (Shanghai was snowing during the days I stayed) and AC controls seemed stuck at 24 degrees. Staff felt better trained and interacted with more heart than the big 5 star chains.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

My best shanghai hotel experience.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The long bar at the lobby is well decorated. The menu list is great although a bit over price even for the hotel bar. Swimming pool and fitness is superb. Room are sparkling clean. Full of amenities. Highly recommened.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Oasis in Shanghai
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

All good, but a little difficult to find, as it is behind another building, and traffic in the round about is a bit hectic.

Comfortable and well appointed room; excellent sauna and pool; nice lobby bar; delicious breakfast. In the bustle of Shanghai, this is a very relaxing spot.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Sophisticated minimal hotel, the best in Shanghai.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The best hotel I've ever stayed. Loved the minimal interior design and the scent (smelled so nice everywhere...) And the staffs were so efficient and kind. It was one of the expensive options in Shanghai but I'm sure it would cost much more in Europe if you wanna get the similar experience. Definitely worth it.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Enjoyed the style and luxury.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Fabulous stylish and sophisticated hotel, beautiful public spaces and my room was fantastically appointed with everything you could wish for. The views of Shanghai with could be enjoyed from the room in general , or the bath next to the window ( venetian blinds or black out blind if you wished) were great, especially at night with all the lights). Great breakfast, and I had a lovely snack at the bar in the evening.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Not great experience.
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

I think this is pretty bad value for the money they ask. The room was OK, but not really great. The room planning was weird - I had TV right in the middle of the room. In the same room I had a bathtub and toilet was facing my bed. Also the staff was not very helpful. They were not able to help me much to get a local simcard, arange a reasonable tour around Shanghai. In the end I asked them to order a taxi to the airport. The price was 600 RMB, while when I was travelling from airport to the hotel I paid 100RMB and the car was much much better. They also tried to give me a driver for 200RMB per hour who will show me around the city, but the driver would not even speak English and his only job would be to drop me at some place for 2 hours and wait... Overall, I am very confused with this place. Would not recommend to anyone.

I guess the location is considered to be good for Shanghai, though I cannot really judge. The room was clean, staff was friendly overall, but not very helpful actually.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Extraordinary
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

I love this hotel. It's an Oasis of piece and refinement in the heart of Shanghai. Staff is great and very helpful. They could improve their English skills. The only disappointing thing was their breakfast. It could be better

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Puli is one of the best hotels I've stayed, with...
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

Puli is one of the best hotels I've stayed, with excellent location, great view from the room and full amenities to enjoy. Look forward to staying with Puli again.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Lovely staff, I was well looked after, had a couple of late...
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

I would like the option to not have my room serviced every day. Also the location was perfect for my business trip, but if I was visiting for tourism it felt a little out the way. Although the metro is fab, so easy and cheap to use, the roads are busy and took a while to travel by taxi.

Lovely staff, I was well looked after, had a couple of late nights and missed the deadline for ordering breakfast - but the staff took my order anyway. Room was beautiful and the bed was so comfy!

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Stunning
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

One of the most impressive hotels I’ve ever stayed at! The room was beautiful, the vibe of the hotel was perfect, the staff were very friendly and the restaurant was as good as it gets!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Of course a luxurious hotel and hence expensive but worth it.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Of course a luxurious hotel and hence expensive but worth it. Very good value for money. The breakfast is outstanding for a western if you compare even to other hotels in the same class. The gym and spa is really good. Nice and helpful staff. Just next to the tube for downtown.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

The Puli is wonderful!
    • Club Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The room was bit tired but it was still a nice enough room.

As always, The Puli is a top notch experience. Club access gives you a lot of benefits which is lovely! Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Brilliant personalised service with excellent attention to detail.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Nothing. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment there.

The service was exceptional and the room was great. Loved the styling and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Attention to detail was superb and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

my preferable place in shabghai however...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

i recommended to the staff that there is a humidity smell in my room which was unbearable and i asked them to deal with it, they took it into consideration but did not act n.b i m a constent visitor to this hotel that i like

i like the amazing architecture and the elegant and exclusive colors in this hotel

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

As expected in good service, and as expected there would be nothing more...
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

The hotel room is somewhat getting old, there is a rotten smell from either the air-conditioning system or the drainage system. WiFi is just too slow... room service menu has limited choices and their cooking could be a lot better.

Polite and helpful staff

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

They have charged additional payment to me without notifying...
    • Weekend Promotion - Grand Studio

They have charged additional payment to me without notifying anything. Thats the only negative thing which is a huge thing to me. However, romms and services were great and nice location.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Hotel and Spa was top, nice room, best service ever in SH
    • Club Grand King Room-Non Smoking

breakfast was really poor for a hotel of this category, here I see a lot of space for improvement.......

Hotel and Spa was top, nice room, best service ever in SH

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Great location, great pool with spa, large rooms with all...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Prices in the lobby bar( 150 yuan for an espresso doppio is a rip off) unless you are a club guest- then it’s complimenary.

Great location, great pool with spa, large rooms with all amenities. Tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Timeless interiors, still looks great after almost 10 years...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

I have been assigned to an occupied room accidentally by staff, quite a shocking experience.

Timeless interiors, still looks great after almost 10 years of operation, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Favourite place in Shanghai.

Everything is perfect. Second stay here and couldn`t bring myself to stay anywhere else. Lovely park next door with a great atmosphere, locals dancing, gardens and excellent Thai Restaurant.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Fabulous facilities in the center of Shanghai, very good...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

I was disappointed by the miscommunication when I asked the hotel to book a taxi to go to the Airport.

Fabulous facilities in the center of Shanghai, very good location. Staff were very helpful and the bed was super comfortable. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Great stay, highly recommended.
    • Deluxe Twin Room-Non Smoking

Puli hotel was great! The staff are very helpful and prompt. The facilities available are great and sizeable - the pool in particular is big for an indoor pool. The design and details of the hotel is very well thought out. The location of the hotel is very convenient for shopping and great food - all in walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great location, breakfast could be better
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

My package includes breakfast but honesty i rather spend my money outside and there is not much to choose from. I was surprise to know thay you need to pay extra if you want to order eggs or even waffle or crepes and it is not cheap.

Front desk staff recommend us to upgrade since we are 3 adults and had heavy luggage. Even though it's not a free upgrade but the room is worth every penny. Location is just besides jin an temple metro station.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

The location is fairly good.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Wasn't a pleasant stay. We accidentally found it was full of dirts between the sliding doors, then the lid wasn't working in the bath tub. The day we left we asked if they can call a taxi for us, when we were informed the taxi was ready and went outside, some other people had taken it, we had to wait in this freezing windy outside, then we heard the staffs talking in Shanghainese and realized that was a marketing person who work for Puli who took our cab...no comment really, not a good value with this rate.

The location is fairly good.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Oasis in a Booming Metropolis
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

First time to understand the breakfast routine took a moment. FYI - it’s a buffet and ordering.

Wonderful aesthetic. Beautiful hotel with great service. Exercise facilites and pool are delightful. Relax on the terrace and watch the light change at dusk.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Good stay, I might go again
    • Grand Studio-Non Smoking

Bed sheet quality not matching the room rate My ID card was kept for long time and not returned until I complained Breakfast buffet service complicated and not explained

Overall ambiente Room size and interior Complementary mini bar Superb location

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Over-rated
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Work areas and of staff messy and unorganized. Breakfast: running managers for serving breakfast? No apologies for the lack of service. Dull excuses for the lack of service.

Design of the hotel and decoration details.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Wifi sometimes very slow

Great location in the heart of Shanghai Great view from the windows Great rooms for a seminar + personnel ready to make sure everything is going fine during the seminar

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Can't wait to return
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There are many five star hotels in Shanghai with outstanding facilities but The Puli distinguishes itself with its outstanding service. We stayed here as my husband required emergency medical treatment in Shanghai and the staff could not do enough for us - they not only upgraded us to ensure that we had a room close to the lift to improve accessibility but also sent staff out in a thunderstorm to pick up medication. The dining options are also excellent, the breakfast is a real treat with both Western and Chinese delicacies cooked to a high standard. If breakfast is included this includes delivery to your room which is a real treat!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Relaxing, calm and charmful.
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

Such a nice and welcoming hotel. We loved everything, from the deco to the food and the staff. Very kind also in the preparation of the room for our baby: the cot, the little bath, the babybath products. I must to go in Shanghai!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Staying at the Puli Hotel made for an unforgettable Shanghai experience.

We felt well tended while staying here. They are service oriented on every level. The spa was excellent as were our treatments. It was one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed at. I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Confortable bed, beautiful room design and view.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is included, but very basic. If you order eggs with bacon and sausages is 95rmb more.

Confortable bed, beautiful room design and view. The sauna and swinning pool are just perfect for a relaxing day.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Best staycation in a long time!
    • Club Grand King Room-Non Smoking

Club lounge facility is in the lobby which is a drawback.

The food was excellent - every meal, every snack, every cocktail was fabulous. Well worth the money. Location is excellent also. We were upgraded and celebrated a birthday, staff were attentive, courteous, and very helpful. Gym and spa area is serene and inviting.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Great breakfast.
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

Great breakfast. Silly that our room with breakfast rate included just one breakfast, not 2. This should not be a thing. Otherwise, hotel was great. Public spaces are beautiful. Staff is friendly and speak good English.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Beautiful stylish hotel through and through!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Beautiful stylish hotel through and through! I would like to say A special thanks to Mr Ji Cheng Cheng from the housekeeping team. I had a few minor cleaning issues upon check in and the housekeeping team responded swiftly. Mr Ji not only resolved the issues, he went on the extra miles to ensure my room was spotless. He damp dusted with the whole room and added extra layers to my bed as I mentioned the bed was a bit stiff. They made my room extra comfy, couldn’t ask for more, will be back !!!x

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Heavenly comfortable to stay in Shanghai.
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The particular semi-buffet breakfast and "one starred" Micheline restaurant - PHENIX. The food was not good in quality and should not rewarded for one star Micheline. Personally, I would recommend not waste money on the restaurant. I would rather go for food court from Reel Mall next to the Puli hotel.

The bed was heavenly comfortable and the whole room set up was really amazed. If you are looking for luxury and elegant, I'm sure you will love it from the first time when you step in the room.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

This hotel is sophisticated, stylish, elegant and also...
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

This hotel is sophisticated, stylish, elegant and also friendly and accessible. Beautiful. Great location, stunning pool and spa area and very helpful staff

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

A wonderful Christmas experience!
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The baby cot - when we entered the room - filled with little gifts and surprises ;-) The butler, always helpful to arrange the nicest tables in the best restaurants. The staff, always 100% focused in our well-being, and proactive to do so! All in all, a great experience!

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

The place to be!
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Free sparkling water at breakfast, as Euro 8,00 for a small bottle is almost 1/3 of the breakfast cost))

Everything was simply great...I would add FREE SPARKLING WATER at breakfast if I have to think of a small detail )))

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Great hotel with a nice touch
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Every time you enter the room tv starts playing piano music. At first two times it is nice. After, it becomes annoying.

Very comfortable place to stay. I felt at home.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Cool place
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Like most high end Chinese places there is always a problem with maintaining the Luxury feeling. The Spa wet room is no where near as clean as it was before, they used to have nice essential oils in the steam room etc before but overall it feels a little unclean and not maintained to a very high standard as before. Same with the bedrooms, a bit dusty and not cleaned well. They don’t use strong cleaning products in china it seems. The Bluetooth speakers in the room are very difficult to connect too, no instructions. The buffet breakfast is pretty good but when I ordered eggs and beans it came cold. It’s a great hotel but I see a few cracks forming

The hotel is cool, it’s in a nice area and the rooms are large and it has a great gym and sauna. Staff are nice and helpful. Nice lobby for drinks and meetings.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Wonderful stay!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I want to emphasize that the following is not the fault of the hotel. There was a music festival going on in the adjacent park that began with extremely loud music starting at 9AM on Sunday morning and continued until evening. When I complained to the front desk, they said they had asked the organizers to turn it down, but were ignored. It was just my bad luck that I had a room right next to the music and awful singing. I only hope those performers keep their day jobs.

Everything was top notch at this hotel. The friendly, helpful staff, the food, the room, and the location. I was given an upgrade to a room that was bigger than my apartment! The quality of the furniture, the bathtub, the numerous closets, just to name a few, were fabulous. I couldn't have asked for more. I hope to stay here again.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Great hotel!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Some minor problems while checking in but that was compensated with an upgrade on the room, so problem solved in a nice way.

Great staff, beautiful spa and nice interior. Great location for exploration of the city.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Wonderful!
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

The hotel is located slightly outside the centre of town so taxis need to be taken daily. Bar that it's perfection.

The best in Shanghai by a country mile. The attention the detail is remarkable and the staff extremely well trained. The hotel manages to beautifully combine the best of East and West so that you feel at home all the while being in an exciting far away land.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

unique 5-star accomodation near French Concession, Shanghai
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

there is no outdoor pool - pictures can be a bit deceiving!

amazing ambience, great room, staff, fitness and spa area. breakfast phenomenal! Great location in Jing'An district, away from hustle and bustle..near french concession, very pretty, very European neighborhood. East meets west!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Best Hotel in Shanghai as far as we know
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

welcome at the drop-off area, efficiency for checking in and out, by-by at the drop off area. Reason why my assessment of staff could have been higher.

The interior design of the rooms, of the lobby, of the swimming pool, are top class. The wouaahh effect is everywhere. The restaurant is great too.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

All staff's support is first-class
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

There was no hotel information book in the room. I couldn't know the contents of room service.

All staff's support is first-class and very kind to foreigners. The spa and the breakfast is very good and high-level in particular.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Unique, classic and very private hotel.
    • Grand Studio-Non Smoking

More expensive compare to other hotels at the same level. The window blinds in the room is ugly.

Design, colour scheme, longbar and wonderful service.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Luxurious comfort in an urban oasis!
    • Special Offer Deluxe King Room

Hotel Lobby had a cosy and welcoming ambience. There's this sense of arrival as the taxi drove into the entrance. Spacious room, comfortable bed, lovely bath tub with a scenic view, loved the scenery from the room with JingAn temple lit up at night. Central location. Well worth every penny!!!!

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Hotel is amazing.
    • Deluxe Twin Room-Non Smoking

Nothing wrong with the hotel. Although Shanghai was F*****ing hot

Hotel is amazing. Got a free room upgrade. Room was big, great view. Staff was awesome. Hotel recieved a few packages for me, and also helped me mail a few to factories. Great service.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Love, love, love this hotel!
    • Special Offer Deluxe King Room

Honestly, nothing! I would come back anytime if budget and time allow (obviously this excellence has its price ;-)

Shanghai is full of excellent hotels, this is a special one. True 5 star service and comfort with the feeling of a boutique spa resort (not too many rooms and building is only 26 floors) rooms have great modern open space design (bath tub at the window, shower and toilet are with door) and all comfort you wish, free mini bar, and a real nespresso coffee machine, fresh milk in the fridge, etc... . kids (8 /5) stay free of charge in existing beds. The breakfast is excellent, the selection is maybe smaller as in large chains but refined and best quality. Staff is wonderful, solve every request (getting a cab even if there's none in available), small gestures make your stay unforgettable (it was my birthday at check in and the welcome was : "happy birthday", with a cake and upgrade), they also wrote a handwritten card to welcome me back to the hotel (it was not my first stay) The pool is large enough to swim (on third floor, so now views but very beautiful), spa is separated between men and women (my 8 year old son had to go to the jacuzzi by himself, but the staff helped him when he needed something)

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

one of the best hotels i know!
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

some non-smoking rooms do have a slight cigarette scent, make sure to tell the staff

perfect experience every time: beautiful hotel, comfortable bedroom, helpful staff, awesome views, great breakfast, amazing pool and spa... even the scent is lovely!

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Still a nice hotel but there is room to improve
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Cleaning could be improved and reception team could be warmer. Pool needs maintenance on columns by the windows and where paint is peeling at entrance end of the pool.

The concierge Frankie is excellent, really goes above and beyond to help guests which is terrific. The reception team is good but could be better/ more giving and helpful/ warmer. The house keeping team are very nice but there was mould in the shower and stains in the fridge- also sometimes the room was not cleaned until nearly 3pm which is too late. Then turn down service was sometimes at around 5pm which is too early when it's just been cleaned a couple of hours previously. That said, the pool is lovely although this needs some maintenance as paint is peeling etc. Still a nice hotel but there is room for improvement.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

i lost my pearl ring this time, because i took it off at...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

i lost my pearl ring this time, because i took it off at under my pillow at the first night , and when i get back hotel next day afternoon, all bed sheets be replaced and no right there, even they help me but cant find it .

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Probably one of the best upscale hotels in Shanghai with...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Probably one of the best upscale hotels in Shanghai with authentic neo-chinese style. Hotel staffs were very professional and willing to help you. Definately will visit again.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Best time ever !
    • Grand Studio-Non Smoking

We have been many times at The Puli ( each time 5-7 days ). Usually we book a grand room at the 19th/20th floor (maximum 23 floors ). This time we booked a grand corner room for 6 nights at 20th floor but when we arrived we didn't like the position of the room ( a side is on the main street with a lot of traffic / a side on the park ) . At the check in time we asked to change the room and a very nice lady speaking a very good english helped us to find a solution . We asked to stay at 19h/20th floor on the park and Jing An Temple view . They offered us a free upgrade to a huge SWITE at 19th floor on the park /Temple ! It's the second time they offer us a free upgrade ( two years ago they offered the CLUB grand rooms ) . Pool & SPA always amazing , great Breakfast ( always improving quality and staff ). Great location on the Park / Temple, 5 minutes walk to very good restaurants and luxury store ! Staff very friendly . This time we had the best time ever !! Thank you Puli and Mr. Tibaldi ! see u soon !!

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Beautiful rooms with attention to detail, rooms are large,...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

Beautiful rooms with attention to detail, rooms are large, tastefully decorated with comfortable king size bed and tub by the window. Also like toilet and shower in separate rooms. Staffs are friendly and helpful, look forward to return soon !

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

1/hotel sets itself apart from many other hotels in...
    • Deluxe King Room-Non Smoking

1/ I asked to correct the spelling of my name on the room, receptionist promised to do so but never followed up 2/ I wanted a non smoking room but the room had clearly one day been used as a smoking room, smell of smoke was hanging in the curtains/room 3/ I was somewhat disappointed by the breakfast ... not as fresh, not as much choice as the set-up of the hotel, grand service would have requested

1/hotel sets itself apart from many other hotels in offering a bali/thai spa like atmosphere with bamboo, orchids, ponds 2/since it was my first stay at the hotel I was offered an upgrade 3/swimming pool and spa facilities are great and not used so feel private 4/room was beautiful and superclean

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Great Hotel, a Shanghai classic, but a bit hyped up.
    • Grand King Room-Non Smoking

The "grand room" was not that grand, actually, only about 3 sqm bigger than the "deluxe". The name might have misled my expectations, as did the price. Not a full-service hotel, as the price would suggest and why I have low score on value for money.

Location is very close to major shopping and recreation area, very convenient. The hotel is very stylish, and brand conscious. I love the big ceiling height divider. Finishes are excellent. Everything in the minibar is free of charge! Amazing view of the Jing'an Park. Great front office staff, very attentive and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

Disappointed with a longstanding ideal.
    • Grand Studio-Non Smoking

The managerial staff were bad and rude. The lower level staff very very kind.

The hotel as an edifice is very nice and the location is good if not excellent.

We Price Match