Chile Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

• Hostal Mihira'a

Hanga Roa, Chile

Average Review Score: 8
    • Positive section of review

-recent building - I had the whole place for myself so didn’t have to share the kitchen - the kitchen is well equipped and relatively clean

• Negative section of review

- the location on google map is wrong, it was very difficult to find this hostal on check in day (not to mention that none of the locals seem to know this hostel and that host didn’t pick up the phone when we were trying to call them to find out) - this place is quite FAR from the centre, allow 20min. - NO HOT SHOWER - stained bed linen - bathroom had a terrible smell - the hosts never spoke to me once other than to get my details and arrange payment. They didn’t even ask what I was planning to do during my stay and didn’t offer any form of help. - as I am a solo traveller, being the only guest in the whole Hostal located in such a remote location and with very cold hosts made me feel very lonely. - don’t count on the wifi, they were just hotspotting their cellphone and I could barely open a webpage. Whatsapp was manageable with a lot of patience

Claire Australia
  • Wild Hostel

Puerto Natales, Chile

Average Review Score: 8.9
    • Positive section of review

Very friendly and helpful owners who gave us all of the information we needed about the area. Comfortable beds, good showers and a nice breakfast!

Benjamin United Kingdom
  • Eden Atacameno

Average Review Score: 8
    • Positive section of review

Location just walks 3 mins from the main street. But I think it's not a problem because Atacama is a small town. Hot water was awesome. You can store your luggage after check out.

• Negative section of review

Towel rental costs 1,000. peso. There should be no reception anytime. I couldn't find a person to check in and out. It was quite nervous when I need to get my luggage in the locked room to get on the airport pick-up van, but no one could help. But everything was fine.

Yao Taiwan
  • Princesa Insolente Hostel

Average Review Score: 8.2
    • Positive section of review

Clean and colorful hostel. Patio with bar where you can find cheap drinks.

PiotrekPiotrek Poland
  • Hostal Cacao

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

Just average hostel. Nothing bad and nothing extraordinary.

PiotrekPiotrek Poland
  • Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel

Average Review Score: 8.8
    • Positive section of review

This was a cute little place in Providencia. Located close to so many restaurants and also with a market, pharmacy and several ATMs right down the street. It was very well priced give the location, especially given how expensive it can be in santiago. I had a very simple room on the ground floor with access to the garden and breakfast area. For about $60/night you can’t beat it. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean with a spacious closet, and great shower pressure. They provide free tea , powedered coffee, and mini donuts all day. The continental breakfast is great (and I think they also do little crepes upon request.) All the front desk staff were super helpful on both my stays with arranging taxis and facilitating my early morning departures. I would definitely stay here again.

MB1977 United States of America
  • Hotel La Casa de Don Tomás

Average Review Score: 8.6
    • Positive section of review

Don Tomas was a great choice for my 3 day stay in San Pedro Atacama. I found from day one that the staff were incredibly responsive and helpful. They emailed me immediately about my booking and helped me arrange transfers from the Ava Lama airport, updating me on progress and helping me make last minute changes when my flight was cancelled. The place was under construction as they build a new reception building. They warned me about it and even left a split of champagne and chocolate in my room for the inconvenience. However I didn’t feel affected by it at all. The grounds were pretty quiet. The place is lovely and very clean. The room was a good size, with a comfortable bed, hot showers with great water pressure (key for the cold desert mornings), and two bottles of water ever day (also essential in this very dry desert.) Breakfast is included and it is pretty nice little buffet , including eggs, pastries, cereals, fresh juice etc. I was particularly surprised at the dinners. I was too tired to walk into the center after my full day tours and so opted for reservations at their restaurant. The food was beautifully plated and absolutely delicious. Not Chilean style , more international using local ingredients. I was not expecting it at all and as a foodie I was very pleasantly surprised! The location is great as it’s only a 8-10 minute walk to Caracoles street where most of the restaurants and tour companies are. Also all the tour companies pick up from the hotel. While it is a bit pricey, it is a great option if you don’t want to stay in a hostel and like good service. Generally San Pedro is pretty expensive and so Don Tomas was among the more reasonably priced hotels especially that close to the center. I would definitely stay there again! The one recommendation I would make to put them over the top would be to have some takeaway breakfast available or at least coffee earlier than 7:30am, to accommodate all the guest heading out for daybreak tours.

MB1977 United States of America
  • Paihuen Yurts & turismo

Lechagua, Chile

• Positive section of review

La yurta is fantastic, the stove makes it unforgettable and la tina in the wood was amazing. Luis is super kind. Need to go!

• Negative section of review

The road to get there is full of holes

• Colores del Puerto

Puerto Montt, Chile

Average Review Score: 8.9
    • Positive section of review

We spent only one night, but the host has been extremely kind. The room was warm and lovely as the rest of the house. Breakfast was great.

Price could be cheaper

• Quechua Hotel

Average Review Score: 8.6
    • Positive section of review

Clean, close to the center and comfortable

• Negative section of review

The garden was messed up, probably under refurbishment

Highly Rated Hotels in Chile by English-speaking Reviewers

• Pardo & Shackleton

Punta Arenas, Chile

Average Review Score: 9
    • Positive section of review

Everything was perfect. The stuff we're super nice, nice room and a nice view from the common room. Very good breakfast(starting from 8:00 may be a bit late). Shower and had a bathtub. Good hot shower with strong power. Very quiet neighborhood but still felt safe. Great location to go anywhere in the center.

Reviewed: September 1, 2017 Stayed in August 2017
    Asami Japan
  • Hostal 1918

• Positive section of review

The breakfast is amazing, super tasty eggs & quesadillas, made freshly upon request. The rooms and the house itself are extremely cozy and we really enjoyed staying with Samuel. He is extremely helpful and very concerned with his guests' well-being. The hostal is close to Barrio Italia, where you can find lots of great cafés and bars; central Santiago is just a few minutes away by metro.

Reviewed: December 8, 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Karin Switzerland
  • Ladera Boutique Hotel

• Positive section of review

Super modern, brand new hotel in great location- walking distance to some nice parks, cafes and restaurants. Very friendly and accommodating staff- just what we needed after a 9 hour bus trip! Complimentary soft drink and water on arrival, as well as complementary evening snacks bar in the restaurant. Fantastic, well equipped room. Great rooftop pool as well as nice spa and sauna area. So glad we stayed here!

• Negative section of review

Unable to fault our experience.

Reviewed: December 1, 2016 Stayed in November 2016
    Michael Australia
  • Hotel Magnolia

• Positive section of review

Excellent rooms, very clean and comfortable

• Negative section of review

Staff very friendly and want to help but lack some experience compared to the major hotel chains.

Reviewed: May 28, 2017 Stayed in May 2017
    Devetro Thailand

Highly Rated Hotels in Chile by All Reviewers

• Hostel Qapaq Raymi

Caldera, Chile

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

New hostel, staff is very helpful and friendly, great facilities and location... Perfect.

• Negative section of review

It was a good. They're even building a bar, so it'll be even better.

Reviewed: March 31, 2017 Stayed in March 2017
    Daniel Germany
  • Hotel Simple Patagonia

Puerto Natales, Chile

• Positive section of review

The staff are family and the love they have for this place comes through. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in! The design of the building gives you a feeling of tranquility the moment you enter the room.

Reviewed: January 9, 2017 Stayed in January 2017
    Laura Canada
  • B&B Santa Laura Concon

Concón, Chile

• Positive section of review

The location is perfect. We got a room with a gorgeous view to the ocean. The neighborhood is quiet and close to local restaurants and the beach. The hotel is clean, beautifully decorated and the host has a great eye for detail. We felt very comfortable staying here. Also breakfast was very complete and fresh.

Reviewed: March 1, 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    zarinayaya Argentina
  • Hostal La Maravilla

Vilches, Chile

All in general...

• Negative section of review

Wi-fi did not reach the corner room...

Reviewed: November 28, 2016 Stayed in November 2016
    Alberto Chile
  • B&B Alojamiento Las Condes

• Positive section of review

The best location and the staff was really friendly and kindly, Alejandra and Elizabeth was amazing people.

Reviewed: December 19, 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Juan Brazil
  • Casa Amarilla Valpo

Valparaíso, Chile

Average Review Score: 9.8
    • Positive section of review

It turned out to be much better than I expect. Everything is clean and makes you feel like home. You'll experience the local home stay here. The little cat Mona is especially cute and closed to people. And the owner also kindly offered me a metro card which makes the commute between Valparaiso and Viña very simple. And she is very kind and helpful. The location is great for the ones that goes for both Valparaiso and viña. It's only one block from the bus terminal, one block from the giant supermarket.

• Negative section of review

Almost no. But It's not in the historical area, but I don't mind. It depends.

Reviewed: January 4, 2017 Stayed in January 2017