Cameroon Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent Reviews for Hotels in Cameroon

• Intourist Hotel

Average Review Score: 6.6
    • Positive section of review

The coffee it's not Nescafé.

• Negative section of review

We are the only client of the hotel and nobody clean our room for the last 48 hours.

Reviewed: September 9, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Matteo Italy
  • Hotel La Falaise Yaounde

Average Review Score: 7.7
    • Positive section of review

Every other thing about this hotel was perfect for me.

• Negative section of review

The WC had low pressure, so flushing down had to be done like two or three times.. 🤨

Reviewed: September 11, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Driguez Belgium
  • Hôtel Prince De Galles

Average Review Score: 7.1
    • Positive section of review

Bed was ok. Nice and firm.

• Negative section of review

Not clean. Bathrooms etc the grout between tiles. A lot of chipped tiles. Bathroom at the bottom by bar smells terrible. Food was not good. Rooms smell very damp.

Reviewed: September 12, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Hannes South Africa
  • Bano Palace Hotel

Average Review Score: 7.2
    • Positive section of review

The staff was outstanding. Really well prepared and helpful, they made all the difference. The cleanliness also was a big thumbs up. Bed was comfortable, Aircon worked well and was silent, TV had a good selection of english-spoken channels. I also enjoyed the restaurant and the bar. Breakfast was OK and hotel installations were fine.

• Negative section of review

It's unfair if I say I didn't enjoy the location, because I would say that pretty much all hotels in Douala would have the same "issue". Even though, there was a nice supermarket very close to the hotel, where I went a couple of times to get some food and beverages to keep in my room.

Reviewed: September 3, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    marco United Kingdom
  • Toundalia Résidence

• Positive section of review

The location was easy to find the rooms are very clean

• Negative section of review

the is nothing to complain about

Reviewed: September 12, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Anyi Cameroon
  • Noubou International Hotel

Average Review Score: 8.7
    • Positive section of review

Booking confirmation email says that breakfast is included in the price, but the hotel says no and we pay for the breakfast extra.

• Negative section of review

The rooftop bar is advertised, but seems to be abandoned

Reviewed: September 14, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Pradeep Singapore
  • Apartment TOITA

Average Review Score: 8.9
    • Positive section of review

Very comfortable and clean apartment, helpful host, the rental fee in comparison to other apartments is really cheap, close supermarkets and small shops everywhere

• Negative section of review

Noisy environment, very bad wifi, expensive airport shuttle offered by the host, without an information about the price (10.000 CFA) -> better to take any taxi at the airport (approx. 4000 CFA), electricity fee is not included and must be paid at the end of the stay -> no information about that in advance as well

Reviewed: September 14, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Theresa Germany
  • Pullman Douala Rabingha

Average Review Score: 5.6
    • Positive section of review

The breakfast and the bed and the fitness centre

• Negative section of review

The corridors of the floors are unpleasant and the carpet which seems put on a ground in works (deformed) release a smell of humidity... it looks like a 2/3 stars hotel

Reviewed: September 16, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Marthe France
  • Les Champs Elisa

Average Review Score: 7.9
    • Positive section of review

You get what you pay for.

• Negative section of review

Overall this hotel was good but you have to sacrifice hot water! Or sometime you don’t have water to even flush the toilet. It’s sometime a nightmare to get sameone to do something for you and even if you get them, they just ignore you.

Reviewed: September 17, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Achile United Kingdom
  • Residence des Lilas

Average Review Score: 8.3
    • Positive section of review

It was very good . Quite and a lovely place and makes you feel very at home .

• Negative section of review

The location was very far away from everywhere. So getting taxi was always a problem.

Reviewed: September 17, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    ANITA Nigeria

Highly Rated Hotels in Cameroon by English-speaking Reviewers

• Hotel Résidence La Falaise

• Negative section of review

The staff rudeness. Especially at the reception. Not only that I was rubbed by the a receptionist called Florence be aware of asking her receipt if you pay any deposit! She took from me 65,000 CFA and register on a receipt 55,000 which I didn't see and I paid the price of that I was rubbed by 10,000 CFA the next day when I want to check out. Moreover, I renewed my reservation and I asked her before I do if the price will remain the same she answered positively and that's why I paid the 65, the next day I saw on the bill 85k if I wasn't rude and challenged the receptionist, until he called his boss who by the way was a nice man to give also for him a record, I would have also ended up paying extra 20k. In the end I only paid the 10k which honestly I accepted to take responsibility as I trusted this thief woman on the reception and didn't look at the invoice she wrote. The staff in the restaurant was. The taxis outside are not organized they fought between themselves to catch me as client and brought their fight inside the hotel and start complaining and in the end the receptionist chose the driver who will pick me up 😁. Funny stories! It was a real pity, this hotel is good, the rooms are big and well renovated and clean but the staff is a disaster and this will not let me come back there in the future.

Reviewed: May 9, 2017 Stayed in May 2017
    ibeldo Nigeria

Highly Rated Hotels in Cameroon by All Reviewers

• Star Land Hotel

Average Review Score: 7.4
    • Positive section of review

Good business type hotel. Clean facilities and friendly staff

Terrible wifi Credit Card machine didn't work

ibeldo Nigeria
  • Manhantan Living

Average Review Score: 7.2
    • Positive section of review

The room is spacious and quiet clean. The area is quiet but because of the no signboard it was difficult to find. The bed was making some noise but comfortable. The breakfast is delivered to the room and not that bad for the value. With the today's best deal, this facility was value for that. The hot water was really functioning well.

• Negative section of review

There is no signboard for it and I was calling to the number on the site more than 7 times. Eventually we found the location but it was really frustrating at that moment. At least they have to put the name of building on the site or the way to find the reception.

Reviewed: June 5, 2017 Stayed in June 2017
    HYOWON Rwanda
  • Tsaben Beach Hotel

Limbe, Cameroon

Average Review Score: 7.9
    • Positive section of review

Great beach with a new overpass to avoid crossing the road. Food was good, but they were out of several items. Duplex hut-shaped buildings were clean.

• Negative section of review

Directions and online map showing the location is WRONG. Location is 11 miles north of town and almost 2 miles North of Seme Beach. No Taxi drivers knew where this was. Have your driver look for the pedestrian overpass, (the only one I have seen in Cameroon) or you will miss the sign.

Reviewed: January 30, 2017 Stayed in January 2017
    gary United States of America
  • La Villa de Kribi

Kribi, Cameroon

Average Review Score: 8.4

The breakfast was good.

• Negative section of review

The electricity wasn't always working.

Reviewed: September 19, 2017 Stayed in August 2017