Dominica Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

• Jacoway Inn

Calibishie, Dominica

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

Everything was just loveley!! But we were especially impressed by the incredibly welcoming and warm-hearted Carol ( and Niguel ). From the first second on we fell in love with this beautiful island thanks to them. Not to speak of the over the moon breakfast of course. We hope to return one day and wish all the islanders much strength during this hard time.

• Negative section of review

That at the end we had to leave....

Reviewed: August 29, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Pietro Germany
  • The Champs

Portsmouth, Dominica

Average Review Score: 8.6
    • Positive section of review

The room was large and comfortable. The food was terrible. Unfortunately due to the hurricane the hotel looks like a building site. I would recommend tidying up the entrance at the side of the hotel as it looks like a mess. I was not happy with the greeting received as I booked for 2 adults and 2 children and the worker was surprised we had children with us and she didn’t make the sofa bed. It felt like we inconvenience her. We were famished and ordered lunch we soon regretted it. It was expensive and not enjoyable. The kids enjoyed the pool but it looks like a building site and there are health and safety issues such as the railings are not suitable for children and if not closely supervised, could easily result in an accident. The lady that was cleaning the pool was lovely. Breakfast was just as bad a lunch. Ordered a white coffee, 10 minutes later, the lady returned with a black coffee, no explanation. I understand it’s a business rebuilding after the hurricane and I am not purposely being harsh. I recommend improvement on customer service, food and a leaflet alerting customer the to continual changes to the hotel.

Reviewed: September 2, 2018
    Janell United Kingdom
  • Portsmouth Beach Hotel

Portsmouth, Dominica

Average Review Score: 7
    • Positive section of review

I loved the area. The room was small but comfortable. The property was beautiful, clean and quiet.

• Negative section of review

Where do I begin...it was my birthday weekend So my bf and i decided to spend the night at a hotel..upon check in, i didn't received a complimentary drink, nothing. i was informed that the room was $38 more than the price which was shown on bookings.com, since taxes had not been included. Fine.. I attempted to pay using my ATM card. The paper which came out from the ATM Machine kept saying "Connection error" or what ever. After several trials, to no avail i decided to just pay in cash. I asked about the Television. I was told that there were no flat screen or smart tv's in the room(They had the big box tv's which were presently not functional) and also that they will try to upgrade to one as soon as possible. My bf and I held our Amazon fire stick, hoping to enjoy a movie night. Another disappointment. We we taken to our rooms. We tried putting on the A/C. The remote wasn't working! I called front desk. They sent a technician but i swear he had no idea what to do. He went out to get new batteries, by the time he came back it was on. It was a good thing my bf is an A/c Technician so he used some app on his phone to turn it on. It seemed to have a problem because the air wasn't as cool as it's supposed to be. sigh..It was already late so we went out to buy some food in Portsmouth, returned to the hotel, ate and went straight to bed. The next day, we were tired and lazy so we decided to request room service for breakfast. We called front desk. No one answered. After calling several times and no one answered, i decided to go downstairs to find out what was happening. i met the young lady who was supposed to be at the front desk at someone else's desk having a conversation. When she saw me, she came up to me and asked who i was looking for. So, i explained to her that i had been calling front desk for almost half an hour now and didn't get through. I asked her what would have happened if i was sick or dying up there.

Reviewed: August 15, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Vernelle Dominica
  • Calibishie Sandbar

Calibishie, Dominica

Average Review Score: 9.2
    • Positive section of review

Supermarket right there. The host is very friendly, helpful and informative which is useful for newcomers. Perfect ocean view.

Reviewed: August 17, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Zsombor Hungary
  • Harmony Villa

Pont Cassé, Dominica

Average Review Score: 7.8
    • Positive section of review

We stayed 3 nights and were the only guests in this lovely 4 bedroom villa.The villa has all the facilities and we used the kitchen for cooking dinner.Breakfast was prepared fresh every morning by our lovely host Claudia. which we enjoyed on the veranda over looking the rain forest! If you want a perfectly secluded place for a total relaxation you must try Villa Harmony!

Reviewed: August 25, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Tamas Netherlands
  • Serenity Lodges Dominica

Marigot, Dominica

Average Review Score: 8.7
    • Positive section of review

I liked the privacy and location, the room was great with view as well.

• Negative section of review

I didn't like the issue with the water heater and the fact that there wasn't any extra appliances like a small refrigerator, microwave and or mini stove...

Reviewed: September 1, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Keiyan Antigua & Barbuda
  • Tikaz Toukité

Méro, Dominica

No reviews yet
    • Positive section of review

Food was excellent.........environment and location is perfect for those who love nature and adventure.....Thierry is perfect.....will visit again.... enjoyed my time....

Reviewed: September 13, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Ismael Dominica
  • Joy's Apartment

Roseau, Dominica

Average Review Score: 8.6
    • Positive section of review

We stayed at the apartment at a very difficult time at I'd broken my leg and been evacuated from the hospital due to an approaching hurricane. Myriam and her family could not have been more helpful from the time they collected me from the hospital and helped me inside to taking me to the airport a week later when I was fit to fly. The apartment is not the most luxurious and still needs some work after Hurricane Maria, but it's in an interesting location and you can watch hummingbirds and bananaquits feeding on the passion flowers with a very friendly land turtle and her babies.

• Negative section of review

Due to the storm, the area was without running water, but Myriam's family made sure we were well supplied with water that they collected from the nearby springs.

Reviewed: September 18, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Elizabeth United Kingdom
  • Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Resort

Salisbury, Dominica

Average Review Score: 7.9
    • Positive section of review

Good snorkelling from the hotel beach - lots of nice fish. Roger the owner is very friendly and helpful. Great place to eat if you like Belgian-style mussels!

• Negative section of review

The pool wasn't functioning at the time we were there.

Reviewed: September 18, 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Elizabeth United Kingdom
  • Coffeeriver Cottages

Marigot, Dominica

Average Review Score: 7.8
    • Positive section of review

This is a lovely, quaint property in a quiet location. Perfect place to spend the night before our flight the next day.

Reviewed: September 19, 2018 Stayed in September 2018