Gambia Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent reviews for Hotels in the Gambia

• Positive section of review

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Quiet and peaceful location.

• Negative section of review

I have no negative comments to make Busy Bees. For me everything was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Reviewed: 2 August 2018 Stayed in July 2018
    John United Kingdom
  • Tigerlily Gardens

Sukuta, Gambia

No reviews yet
    • Positive section of review

Tidy. Friendly staff. Not to many rooms so you feel very welcome, like you're at home. Good facilities of which the pool is the main attraction. A few nice restaurants close by, shops etc and a quick taxi journey takes you into the main resort areas. Will definitely be staying again in the future.

• Negative section of review

No AC. Only had a fan in my room, but at the price I paid i shouldn't complain. No Wifi but again get a local sim and problem solved.

Reviewed: 1 August 2018 Stayed in July 2018
    Antony United Kingdom
  • Kunta Kinteh Beach Complex

Average review score: 9.6
    • Positive section of review

The residence is really nice and directly on the beach.we were 2 people and we had a big house with terrace, full equipped kitchen and big bedroom. the atmosphere is amazing and all the staff is amazing. At the restaurant, Binta is really welcoming and kind, she is number one. We recommend it to everybody.

Reviewed: 14 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Sara Italy
  • Mandinka Lodge

Average review score: 9.5
    • Positive section of review

The owners Lamin and Diane exceeded our expectations! They went out of their way to guarantee we got what we needed! They even sat and had coffee with us in the morning which made us feel very comfortable! We will definitely return again

• Negative section of review

There was nothing we didn’t like, everything was perfect!

Reviewed: 10 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Sharon United Kingdom
  • Sanchaba Yellow Apartments

Average review score: 7.6
    • Positive section of review

The property was large, clean and homely. The staff were professional, friendly and helpful. It was close to Senegambia and only a short walk to the beach. It was secure and the watchman was happy for me to call him regardless of the time to let me in. Those living in the area were friendly and helpful and I suggest a visit to the local Kadi Kadi where a good home style cooked meal can be bought.

• Negative section of review

There was nothing I didn't like. However if you are travelling to Africa for the first time, this may be a culture shock. Located in the middle of Sanchaba, you are part of everyday life. A friendly local will need to show you the way to the Senegambia strip - I recommend walking as it can be confusing in a car. Once you understand that water and electricity are not a given and that you may need to request them if there has been a cut and that internet is not a guarantee, you can relax into the wonderful culture of this country. I recommend ear plugs as the hustle, bustle, toads and call to prayer are wonderful nightly sounds.

Reviewed: 2 August 2018 Stayed in July 2018
    Michelle United Kingdom
  • Patta Patta

Average review score: 8
    • Positive section of review

Fabulous tranquil place to stay. Staff fantastic. beach the best in Gambia. Cheap and quality. .

• Negative section of review

Really can't think of anything

Reviewed: 3 August 2018 Stayed in July 2018
    tracey United Kingdom
  • Metzy Residence Hotel

Average review score: 9.2
    • Positive section of review

Great staff. They were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was very good as well. They are located in a great area, close to many good restaurants and activities.

• Negative section of review

The beds are way too hard, but this is a typical issue in a West African hotel... I have stayed in a lot and almost every one of them has the same hard mattress!! Makes me thankful to get home! Additionally, they are not located according to their location on Google maps. This desperately needs to be changed!

Reviewed: 6 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Craig Senegal

• Positive section of review

Nice and green and lovely staff.

Reviewed: 6 August 2018 Stayed in July 2018
    Laila Norway
  • Lemon Creek Hotel Resort

Average review score: 7.9
    • Positive section of review

Booking.com should be ashamed to leave elderly people stranded.

• Negative section of review

Being stranded with no accommodation.

Reviewed: 7 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Stranded Gambia
  • Leybato Beach Hotel

Fajara, Gambia

Average review score: 7.1
    • Positive section of review

I LIKE THERE FOOD AND THE ENVIRONMENT IN SPECIFIC. THE SEA VIEW IS JUST PERFECT AND VERY COMFORT.

• Negative section of review

AFTER SPENDING 5 DAYS THERE, IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS I HAD IN MY LIFE BUT THEY NEED SOME RENOVATIONS. THE PHYSICAL STRUCTURES NEED RENOVATIONS. ALSO THERE'S NO POWER BACKUP SYSTEMS AS LIGHT KEEPS FAILING TIME TO TIME

Reviewed: 15 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    BABA Gambia

Highly rated hotels in the Gambia by reviewers who speak English

• Kotu Island Lodge

• Positive section of review

The stuff were very friendly and nice. I'm travelling alone so I felt, literally like at home because they took care of me. About the room: the bed was big and comfortable. My room includes a bathroom and big fan on the ceiling. It's worth to mention that they have a free pick up from the airport which is a big advantage. Good location. In 10 minutes of walking, you have supermarket and Kotu beach.

• Negative section of review

Sometimes during the day there is no power. For me, it wasn't a problem but I'm just letting know to the others :)

Reviewed: 29 October 2016 Stayed in October 2016
  • Rainbow beach resort

• Positive section of review

The location was great away from the hussle and bussle of the city life being on the beach was so relaxing and peaceful.

Reviewed: 10 October 2017 Stayed in September 2017
    Mflipper United Kingdom
  • Summer Grove Villa Apartments

• Positive section of review

The staff were friendly, and the apartment has a good security.

Reviewed: 9 September 2016 Stayed in August 2016
    Austin Netherlands

• Positive section of review

Staff and location are excellent and very acomodating. Claudette, the owner, and her staff are super knowledgable of the area and can help you with figuring out how to visit places and get things around Gambia. To be honest they made me feel like at home and very protected. Besides, the rooms are cosy with spacious interior and well-equiped. I loved the bathroom facilities. Also, you will be given some welcoming gifts from Claudette! :) It was a pleasure to finish my stay in Gambia at Busy Bee's Apartments!

Reviewed: 17 November 2016 Stayed in November 2016

• Positive section of review

The staff were wonderful. Their hospitality was magnificent; just the right balance of quality service with informal nature. They arrange several activities (beach football, water polo, live music, etc) which were great. All done with a lovely spirit. The giant chess board was good fun as well - playing chess in the sun is a whole new pleasure we have discovered. The beach is also great for running and relaxing. The apartment was very comfortable and the food in the Clubhouse restaurant was very high quality.

• Negative section of review

The overall management of the place was not great. They insisted on payment in full on arrival despite the card machines not working (they asked us to go and get several hundred pounds in cash from the local town - naturally we refused but we had to dig our heels in a bit). Also the air conditioning is charged at £8 per day but we did not find this out until the end of the stay - no signs, nothing in the literature about it. We used the a/c unit for 10 minutes on two evenings and they tried to charge us £24. Again we refused, but had to be quite strong about it - the staff on reception seemed nervous about getting into trouble if they didn't get the money for it. These two issues did not spoil our enjoyment of the place, but left a bit of a sour taste at each end of our stay. Both of them were caused by management rules, not by the staff.

Reviewed: 18 December 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Robert United Kingdom
  • Seaview Gardens Hotel

Average review score: 7.2
    • Positive section of review

It was close to where i could get things the hotel never provided.

• Negative section of review

No complementary water. I had to request a refridgerator which should be a standard feature. Plumbing issues.The frontdesk lady not welcoming. No bath mat and floor towel. Could not use towel provided by the hotel because of the appearance. I was shocked when initially told that i would pay extra to get a refridgerator although did not pay. The front desk lady denied the position of booking.com that i would not be charged for late check-out; i paid for a full rate for extra night. No intercom; we had to work down each time for complaints. No air freshner in the toilet. No glass cup in the room.

Reviewed: 26 December 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Babatunde Nigeria
  • Kasumai Beach

Near the beach Good restaurant Real nice staff

Poorly functioning toilet

Reviewed: 6 March 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    Greger Sweden

Highly rated hotels in the Gambia by all reviewers

• Kotu Island Lodge

Reviewed: 29 October 2016 Stayed in October 2016
  • Rainbow beach resort

Reviewed: 10 October 2017 Stayed in September 2017
    Mflipper United Kingdom
  • Summer Grove Villa Apartments

• Positive section of review

The staff were friendly, and the apartment has a good security.

Reviewed: 9 September 2016 Stayed in August 2016
    Austin Netherlands
  • 777 Apartment

Average review score: 8.6
    • Positive section of review

The bed was very comfy and was greeted with coffee

• Negative section of review

Could do with better sofa and free Wi-Fi

Reviewed: 29 September 2016 Stayed in September 2016
    Sandra United Kingdom
  • Babas Residence

Average review score: 8.2
    • Positive section of review

I really enjoyed my stay with partner...Hardworking Manager to ensure continuous electric supply even at the middle of the night..xx

Reviewed: 9 November 2016 Stayed in November 2016
    Alagie United Kingdom

Reviewed: 17 November 2016 Stayed in November 2016

Reviewed: 18 December 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Robert United Kingdom
  • Jungle Beach Resort

Average review score: 8.2
    • Positive section of review

Beautiful place, very relaxing. Everyone employee is very friendly and welcoming. If you want a peaceful holiday do not hesitate go there. The beach is fantastic and no one hassles you whereas it's the case in Toku. It's one of the best place I ever been yet.

• Negative section of review

Everything is perfect but there is a lack of tourist information in the hotel.

Reviewed: 1 January 2017 Stayed in December 2016