PhilippinesHotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent reviews for Hotels in the Philippines

Highly rated hotels in the Philippines by reviewers who speak English

• Coast Boracay

• +

kid friendly,spotless service,a resort that would really GO AN EXTRA MILE just to make you smile.They make sure to know more about their clients and what could possibly delight them and they do it.Service at its best!I definitely recommend this hotel when you visit boracay.It is your home away from home.

• -

there is no food room service yet but understandable since it is still on its soft opening and still under construction

12 July 2016
    arvie Philippines
  • Gomez Guest House

Tagbilaran City, Philippines

• +

Very affordable, good for those on budget. The house is very accessible to major establishments & attractions. It is clean & well kept. TV & wifi are available. You can also cook if you want since they provided kitchen utensils & gas. The owner seemed nice.

• -

Maybe it will be better if there heater in the shower. Other than that, it is ok.

4 October 2015
    Rose Philippines
  • Villa Caemilla Beach Boutique Hotel

Average review score: 9.1
    • +

Room- We requested for change of room due to aircon function, the staff was helpful and changed the room. They have a lot of little suprises that make you smile. Staff- The friendliest hotel staff we've ever met, they always greet you with warm smile and very attentive. Food- Food is superb , delicious. Most of meal we had is in Villa Caemilla as we're non-meat eater,Price was ok. Location- Its quite far from Dmall and station 1 , but they do have Shuttle car that takes you to anywhere in the island.

• -

Wifi signal is too weak.

19 October 2015
    Chin Singapore
  • Anda Cove Beach Resort

Average review score: 9.1

Views, silence, beach

• -

Internet was not working propertly

20 February 2016
    David Qatar
  • Infinity Resort

Puerto Galera, Philippines

• +

Very friendly staff. Service is excellent

Easier to get there

april Philippines
  • Third & Sean's Place

Legazpi, Philippines

• +

I can say it was perfect. Staffs are so helpful, friendly and nice. And a room was clean and big enough for even family(i was alone). I felt like i am in my home. They treat me like family. I definately reccommend this home for everyone, even you are alone and have enough budget! I couldn't stay longer than one night because of budget. I felt so sorry and sad for that. I strongly want to go there again with my friend or family!!! Anyway just you can think as home with pay(^.^) not hotel or hostel.

• -

Please make small rooms for solo traveler.

20 May 2016
    Miryang South Korea
  • Bohol Beach Club

• +

We went there for Christmas and it was great! The staff most especially were attentive to our needs. The beach front was spectacular and they had great services. I would recommend this place to everyone.

22 January 2016
    Jonabel Italy
  • J&R Residence

• +

Beautiful and lonely location. Clean own beach and swimming pool. Clean comfortable rooms with great view. Perfect food: Philippine, Asian, European – very big menu. Fresh fish and seafood – just from fishers. Very good wine card. Nice cost. There are some another resorts nearly, but J&R’s food is the best. The best hosts and stuff: friendly, cheerful, attentive. They can do anything you want. The New Year party was great! Thank you for all. We’ll be back.

26 January 2016
    Pavel Russia
  • Paboreal Boutique Hotel

• +

Amazing staff and owner, very freinedly and made so much effort. Very new hotel. Good location with plenty of eating options nearby

• -

Menu was limited and basic breakfast although not a major issue as good restaurants near by. No coffee facilities in room

18 December 2015
    chris Macao
  • Susan's Place Bed and Breakfast

• +

My husband and I are frequent travelers, and I could honestly say that this is one of the best "stay" I have been to. I was pleasantly surprised that while still at the airport before our departure, the host messaged me inquiring about the details of our flight because he was sending a van to pick us up at the airport, even if I have not really made arrangements for that. And when I saw the place, I immediately fell in love with it. It was simple but the plants, the simple and small landscape immediately refreshed me. The place was very clean, very quiet, and there were no staff running here and there, or distracting one's stay, and YET, all our needs were provided for and/or attended too. The hosts were very gracious and all of our requests were granted. The owner himself who is a Judge, personally brought us to the airport for our flight back home. It felt that we were not just tourists, it seemed like we have been friends for a long time. That's what you call personal touch, and going the extra mile for someone. I will definitely stay there again an will refer it to my friends and relatives.

17 December 2015
    Elvira Philippines
  • Discovery Shores Boracay

• +

The hotel was amazing. The staff were very accommodating and hospitable. Definitely one of my favourite resorts.

Nothing everything was perfect

23 June 2016
    Alyssa Philippines
  • Raffles Makati

• +

It's so close from the malls and green belt area

23 April 2016
    FAHAD Saudi Arabia
  • Cleon Villas Pension

• +

We staid in the Cleon Villas for 8 days. Everything was very good, we really enjoyed that time! Rainier is taking care of everything!!! The room has everything and everything is brand new. This hotel is the perfect example of how a hotel should be!

3 February 2016
    Daniel Estonia
  • Versteeg Vacations

• +

The location is perfect for the center of cebu city and close for all Museums Malls and areas of interest , the pool was a bonus ,there is a 7 eleven close and a bakery at the same area , the owners were teriffic and very helpfull the room was very tastefully decorated and with two air cons a blessing , the staff on the premises were also very helpfull getting taxis , taxis to most places are about 150 php max depending on traffic which is always bad , we did walk to shopping mall but if too hot use taxi they are very good and cheap

Peter Greece
  • BJs Seaside

Argao, Philippines

• +

The place is very clean and very cozy. The staff are very friendly. Thanks very much.

27 July 2016
    alona Philippines
  • Imagine-Bohol

• +

Everything from staff to room. It's not on the beach but really close, the staff help you hire cheap motorbike, so this is not a problem at all. And Becomes it's not on the beach it's quiet and you can sleep in the morning and don't get interrupted by roosters. I definitely come again, thanx!

26 July 2017
    Hans Norway
  • CHILLAX Flashpackers Boracay

• +

Chillax hostel is without a doubt the cleanest, most comfortable, relaxing and perfectly located hostel I have ever had stayed at. It is away from all the dirtiness/chaos of station two but still super easy and cheap to get to (20 pesos and 5 minutes on a shared trike). It is a 5 minute walk from a beautiful beach where you can watch incredible sunsets, and has one of the best fish restaurants I've ever been to. The staff were unbelievably helpful and told us all the best secret tips for Borocay which completely made our trip! The food there is also amazing, great free breakfast (eggs, pancakes, fruit, coffee and juice) and even better home cooked dinners. 100% would recommend to any backpackers who want to chill but still socialise in a beautiful place

11 August 2017
    Tilly United Kingdom
  • 1521 Hostel

Mactan, Philippines

• +

Its located about 15 minutes drive from the airport. It's brand new so everything works and is clean. There are blankets, towels and toiletries. The staff were really great!! They were attentive and friendly and they genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. The breakfast (not included) was really good and large!! I'll be back! 😀

29 April 2017
    Janice Indonesia
  • Pedz Cing Mango Lodge

Oslob, Philippines

• +

Owners are lovely, really made us feel at home , helped us organise our hotel for the next night, a whale shark trip and Kawasan falls for kayoneering.

Angelika Ireland
  • Casa Belina

• +

The best,most friendly staff and owners we've ever met!plus,free airport drop-off and help anytime you need it!the best hotel in the Philippines!

26 May 2017
    Augi2 Poland
  • Surfing Carabao Beach Houses

• +

This place is just PARADISE! In a really calm area with a nice beach, beautiful green garden and thousands of palm trees around. Not far away from the center (cloud 9) with a lot of very good restaurants. Lee is the best and most friendly host we have ever met via Booking.com. The rooms are very nice and clean. We only can recommend this place! Perfect last days for the end of our trip! PS: Also cute dogs there :-)

12 June 2017
    Micaela Germany
  • Cabilao Sanctuary Beach & Dive Resort

Loon, Philippines

• +

Really nice resort, we had a great stay!! Staff is very personal and attentive. The resort is on a perfect quiet location with very nice snorkel and dive facilities. Would love to go back here

22 April 2017

Tao Canada
  • Sunset Beach Resort

San Vicente, Philippines

• +

Warmest welcome from roberto and ate Thelma. We were so taken cared of. One time I had a stomach ache and ate Thelma gave us medicines and some tea and checked up on me. The room was spotless and a good size. Also, all of our requests were accommodated we felt so at home. Food and drinks were a bit pricey but reasonable considering we were in San Vicente where there weren't a lot of places to go and eat. For the price, it is delicious and portions were generous so if you're not on a budget, i wouldn't recommend going anywhere else. Weather wasn't very nice to us and the island hopping tour was a bit of a let down but We still had a good time. Loved all the little chats we had with ate Thelma. We will surely be back hopefully on a sunny day.

• -

Not very near long beach and it costs about 100 per person each way to go there. Although the property rents out their motorcycles 600 a day so we took that instead. No cellphone reception and no wifi in the rooms. Wifi only available in the bar but very weak.

6 November 2016
    Faye Philippines
  • Tagaytay Modern Minimalistic Condo

• +

The place is very comfy for relaxing and staycation plus the owner is very warm and hospitable. And gives you value for money too. Great place!

13 February 2017
    Ferdinand Poland
  • Chillax Inn

Relaxed and comfy

• -

Access roads going to the property are a little bit bumpy.

Rosel Philippines
  • MR Guesthouse - Taguig

• +

Clean, host was somewhat accommodating.

• -

One of the rooms (rm 112) didn't have internet because all the data was used up by the time we got there. The pool is deceiving. It looked clean when u look at it but there was mold in the tiles. One of my kids had allergic reaction to the chlorine.

4 August 2017
    Not USA

Highly rated hotels in the Philippines by all reviewers

• Coast Boracay

april Philippines
  • Third & Sean's Place

Legazpi, Philippines

• -

Please make small rooms for solo traveler.

20 May 2016
    Miryang South Korea
  • J&R Residence

26 January 2016
    Pavel Russia
  • Alam Indah Busuanga Beach Villas

Busuanga, Philippines

• +

Incredible secluded location - private property beach, nice individual house just for you, great care from Michaela and the staff to make you feel comfortable, perfect if you seek quietness and being out of the big city agitations.

• -

A bit pricey for the Philippines, considering that you don't have full equipment (electricity or hot water) in the house... but hey, you re still in a little paradise in the middle of nowhere, so just relax and enjoy :)

1 March 2016
    Yannick France
  • Hilltop

Mambajao, Philippines

• +

Hilltop is really a good place for couple or family who wants to escape city life. The amenities, the view and the experience of being with nature is so wonderful and worth revisiting. :) the accommodation is beyond my expectation and the owners were very accommodating and hospitable.thanks to Oliver and to Roxane :)

17 May 2016
    CRAIG Philippines
  • Versteeg Vacations

Peter Greece
  • Sunset Bay Beach Villas

• +

Mike & family.. have been the perfect Host, super friendly & always helpful, we felt really welcome and like home. Perfect place for Nature lovers, quite, peacful place...Bird watching...Extra Bonus was the Watersports Equipment, this was just perfect for us. We would have stayed longer if we could..& if we`ll come back some day, this is the place to be ! Thanks, again for the great time at you place ! J. & S.

nothing !

5 June 2016
    Silvia Germany
  • Villa Rosa Cebu

Alcoy, Philippines

• +

Villa Rosa in Alcoy reminded me Pen Villa in Phuket which I've visited and reviewed about 2.5 years ago. It has the same charm and hospitality of the owners. I completely agree with all previous reviewers and the highest rating of this place. Astrid is truly a great host, not mentioning that she's a fantastic cooker. The meals she cooked for us were so yummy that we didn't want to eat anything outside. There is a nice local family helping Astrid at the Villa. We really like them. The Villa is in a German style (obviously), with high wooden ceilings in a fachwerk style. It is decorated with great taste and very well maintained. There are only three rooms in the Villa, so your privacy is guaranteed. The room was also very clean and well maintained. Furniture is basic but chosen in the same style as the Villa. Shower, toilet, amenities, everything is there. No fridge in the room, but I doubt anyone need it there since you can use the fridge of the kitchen if needed. Aircon in the room was efficient and quiet. There is also a mini-spa room where you can get massage, but we didn't try it. There is a nice swimming pool with a fantastic view on the ocean. Since there are only few guests, it is all yours. The Villa is standing on the rock over the sea, and there are about 10 stairs to enter the water. In fact, there is no beach but only rocks in the water, but you can swim conditional to good weather and no waves. Astrid pointed to the coral reef nearby for snorkeling but we couldn't swim there because of the huge waves were. Instead, we spent a lot of time just relaxing in the chairs or in the hammock and watching the picturesque view of the sea. Astrid arranged the tour for us for 5200 peso for two to watch whale sharks in Oslob. This is a separate experience which I didn't really like, but this is another story. All in all, this place deserves all the praises.

• -

One problem is a distance from the international airport in Cebu. It takes normally (without traffic) at least 3 hours.

29 February 2016
    VladP6 Israel
  • Sandy Feet Siargao

• +

Siargao is a paradise, and sandy feet definitely the place where you want to stay. The bungalows are brand new, full of small details that make the difference. Alexandra and the rest of the staff are very friendly and will make your stay even more comfortable.

29 December 2015

22 April 2017
    Peter Philippines
  • Somerset Alabang

• +

Stylish, clean and comfortable. Close to the airport.

Karel Czech Republic

6 November 2016
    Faye Philippines
  • Rumah Highlands Hotel

• +

Everything was amazing. It was very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room has the view of cebu city. Very very nice facilities and our room was incredible. We are very happy with our stay.

Coffee was served cold.

11 August 2017
    EAndersen Philippines
  • Garden Bungalows Resort

Siquijor, Philippines

• +

Staff is helpful and nice. Clean, A/C and internet works well, free drinking water.

• -

Location, you have to be a motorbike rider, far from attractions. How ever place is quiet unless there are guests with childeren. Bohol ferry transfer is not free.

30 January 2017
    Candaş Turkey
  • Alona Studio Bungalow

• +

Great hosts! Clinton gave us lots of great tips (best restaurants, day trips etc.) The accommodation was brilliant with lots of complementaries and your own private pool! Would highly recommend.

25 February 2017
    Daire United Kingdom
  • Gensan Apartment Rental

General Santos, Philippines

Average review score: 9.9
    • +

The apartment was so nice, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. 10/10 👍

The appartment it was perfect 👍10/10

Chris Australia
  • El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island

El Nido, Philippines

• +

The location is unique in a way that cannot be described. The rooms are spacious and beautifully designed. It feels like you are on a private Island, quiet seren and luxurious. The most special resort we have ever been to.

• -

The internet is extremely slow. No Sauna or Jacuzzi for all guests (only Spa for treatments) For a resort in that class you would expect more.

1 November 2016
    Noam Israel
  • Tagaytay Modern Minimalistic Condo

13 February 2017
    Ferdinand Poland
  • Chillax Inn

Relaxed and comfy

• -

Access roads going to the property are a little bit bumpy.

Rosel Philippines
  • Wind Residences 2223 Tower 3

• +

I'd say the highlight of their place is the view of the Taal! Their place has a gorgeous view of the lake, you can have your breakfast at the balcony or just relax and take photos. They have some of the basic necessities we need like towels, a few toiletries, dinnerware, electric kettle, microwave & fridge. And the owners..they made a tour of the place so to make sure we will have a great stay, thumbs up for them! The whole condo itself is very simple, very clean & nice, just the way we like it. If you are looking for a relaxing and simple staycation in Tagaytay without all of the fuss & luxuries, this is your place!

31 May 2017
    Ayla Philippines
  • MR Guesthouse - Taguig

• +

Clean, host was somewhat accommodating.

4 August 2017