Solomon Islands Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent reviews for Hotels in the Solomon Islands

• King Solomon Hotel

Average review score: 6.7
    • Positive section of review

The pool area is nice. The evening meal was good.

• Negative section of review

I cannot recommend this hotel. We stayed one night and thankfully only one night. Blaring music until 02.15 from the Pipe Lounge. No water in the morning. A funicular railway that barely works and seems very unsafe. The evening entertainment was ruined by a drunk thug getting up on the stage (twice) taking his top off and security seemed more concerned with mopping the floor. The breakfast is a joke. There isn’t even orange juice. We met a fellow traveler in the lobby who said “welcome to flatly towers”. This place is completely mis managed and well past its best. Stay at the Heritage.

Reviewed: 23 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    David United Kingdom
  • Imagination Island

Gizo, Solomon Islands

Average review score: 9
    • Positive section of review

We had a wonderful time at Imagination Island , the staff were so helpful and friendly, the snorkelling fantastic, the food great and the view just amazing. I highly recommend a stay there.

Reviewed: 19 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Catherine United Kingdom
  • Heritage Park Hotel

• Positive section of review

Food was excellent. Staff were very nice. Facility generally was great.

• Negative section of review

No milk provided for tea in room. Did not have warm water in shower until after 2 days. Weather was cool enough for at least lukewarm shower.

Reviewed: 22 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    BEAU Australia
  • Honiara Hotel

Average review score: 6.7
    • Positive section of review

The food at their Havanah Restaurant is actually pretty good. Staff at this property is also welcoming and friendly. After we highlighted the bedbug infestation issue to them and said we were moving to another hotel, they actually gave us complimentary transportation to the other hotel.

• Negative section of review

Out of the 5 rooms we booked, two rooms had bedbug infestations and one bathroom had ants carrying eggs all over. A few of us were bitten in our sleep by some kind of insect which gave us swollen bite-wounds. We moved out of the hotel property after one night and checked into another (much cleaner) hotel. Hotel staff needs to clean their sheets thoroughly after each guest.

Reviewed: 12 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Priscilla Singapore
  • Agnes Gateway Hotel

Munda, Solomon Islands

Average review score: 8
    • Positive section of review

The food, the staff, the atmosphere were all incredible. Billy, our tour guide was extremely flexible and was very informative when touring. This place is truly magical, it is safe, and the definition of paradise. I would recommend this to any adventurer looking for something pure and raw.

Reviewed: 18 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Louise Australia

• Positive section of review

The homestay experience with the family is great. They are very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommendable to spend a few days unplugging from the stresses of the daily routine.

• Negative section of review

Price doesnt offer very good value. Quite expensive given the modest accommodation and how far it is from downtown Honiara or the Airport. The beach is not that good.

Reviewed: 21 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Alvaro Spain
  • Recent reviews for these top rated cities in the Solomon Islands

• Solomon Kitano Mendana Hotel

Average review score: 6.8

I had the ocean view

• Negative section of review

The room was not very clean; I saw spiders in head board and dust on furniture

Reviewed: 22 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    NikeAdedeji Nigeria
  • Access Units on Ramsi St

Lungga, Solomon Islands

Average review score: 9.2
    • Positive section of review

The friendly and helpful service shown to us by everyone. The added bonus of being able to hire the car meant we were able to get around Honiara easily.

• Negative section of review

We would have loved to have been able to cool off in a pool but knew when we booked they didn't have one. It would have made the perfect addition.

Reviewed: 24 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Karen New Zealand

• Positive section of review

staff incredibly helpful and friendly to all my requests and inquiries. Staff seemed very happy to be able to serve you. It didn't seem to be just a job.

Reviewed: 24 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Aniella Australia

Highly rated hotels in the Solomon Islands by reviewers who speak English

• Positive section of review

Everything! From the pick up at the airport until the last moments of my stay I've felt so good with Alistair and his lovely family, they made me feel like part of the family and they cared about me all the time. Bungalow by the beach is awesome, the sound of the waves cuddle while you're getting asleep and gently wake you up in the morning. Ali's wife and sister will cook for you outstanding meals (breakfast is included and it's BIG). Seriously nothing to complain and trust me, being outside dusty and messy Honiara will make your holidays something special

Reviewed: 8 June 2017 Stayed in June 2017