Senegal Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent reviews for Hotels in Senegal

• La Tortue Bleue

Cap Skirring, Senegal

• Positive section of review

The room is big, comfortable and beautiful, the bathroom is the biggest we have found in Senegal. Maua, the owner, was really nice to us and helped us in every way possible. Also, the breakfast is the best we have seen in this country, with lots of fruit, fresh croissants, yoghurt, cheese, pastrami, delicious local jams and tasty coffee. The location is very close to the beach and it is easy to reach good restaurants, either on foot or in a taxi. Really recomendable, the best place we have found in Senegal so far.

Reviewed: 17 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Adrián Spain
  • Hotel Nema Kadior

Ziguinchor, Senegal

No reviews yet
    • Positive section of review

There is an old man called Enza that worked there, he was really kind to us and helped us in every way possible

• Negative section of review

It is worst room we have found in Senegal. No mosquito net, bad bathroom with broken doors and lots of mosquitoes. The food was tasteless and expensive. Bad value for money. I would not recomend it at all

Reviewed: 17 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Adrián Spain
  • Terrou-Bi

• Positive section of review

The pool and casino are great

• Negative section of review

I arrived at 11 pm and they told me the room was not ready, so they upgraded me to a suite that was not totally ready !!!

pascal United Kingdom
  • Baobab Soleil

Sindia, Senegal

• Positive section of review

Ami is probably the nicest person ever!

Reviewed: 14 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    EderShamir Cape Verde
  • Auberge le Pélican

Average review score: 7.6
    • Positive section of review

There were plugs for all different types of sockets. The floor was immaculate. Bed very comfortable and clean. Good breakfast -with a view. Very friendly night watchman, hosts and waitresses. Very clean in general.

• Negative section of review

The lighting in our room was not bright enough and the ceiling was a bit depressing (grey). The fan could be stronger to counter-act the heat.

monique United Kingdom
  • Annexe Kingz Plaza

Average review score: 5.9
    • Positive section of review

Nothing in particular just the location

• Negative section of review

The dormitory should be grouped male and female not male mixed with female, I didnt like that. And when I realized that was what it was and asked for an upgrade for my room or refund they refused

adedolapo Gambia
  • Casa Louka

Saly Portudal, Senegal

• Positive section of review

Such a lovely hotel, definitely place to stay if you are looking for relaxing in Senegal. Clean, cosy and very convenient for families, good value for money. But if I can advice one thing could be update is I would probably challenge you guys with more diverse breakfast range. Don't get me wrong, the breakfast is very good, but you have to get used to eating the same things every day if you stay for a while. May be you can make a pre-order cards with some choice (like eggs or porridge or hot sandwich or...) which guest can populate from the day before or for few days ahead so you can anticipate preparation for you but give a bit of choice to the guests. Just an idea ;) Special thanks to the owners Tine and Hans for such a nice welcoming and taking care of our family during the stay. Good luck with everything an hope to see you again.

• Negative section of review

There is definitely nothing I can say we didn't like!

Anastasia Russia
  • Hôtel Faidherbe

Average review score: 6.8
    • Positive section of review

Really nice guy at the swimming pool, he deserves a pay rise!!

• Negative section of review

My roommate did weird noises at night.

Jose Spain
  • Sobo Bade

Toubab Dialaw, Senegal

Average review score: 7.5
    • Positive section of review

The continuous sound of drumming, the sea views, and all of the detailed architectural build really beautiful.

• Negative section of review

Toilet in the bedroom with short wall, drains were a little smelly! Restaurant a little over priced, especially for the coffee.

Reviewed: 14 August 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Anonymous United Kingdom
  • Camp Du Désert – Esprit d’Afrique

Lompoul, Senegal

• Positive section of review

the bed is comfortable, the food is great. Stars across the sky in the night.

• Negative section of review

it's not easy driving to the camp. The best way is to follow the signs of Ecolodge and arrive at Ecolodge first. The water for shower is good, but a bit cold in outdoor.

Anonymous Hong Kong

Highly rated hotels in Senegal by reviewers who speak English

• Dakar International House

Average review score: 7.8
    • Positive section of review

Fair prices, comfort, cleanliness, pleasant environment, very good Internet and friendly and cordial staff is everything a traveler needs! that's exactly what I found here!

• Negative section of review

I lacked a policy of interaction between the guests. Cards and board games, suggestions for night entertainments and individual light in beds

Reviewed: 19 April 2017 Stayed in April 2017
    Aurelio Norway
  • La Villa Blanche

• Positive section of review

Nice place close to beach. Clean rooms, friendly staff and nice decorated. Breakfast was good too.

• Negative section of review

Shower was hard to control but was warm.

Reviewed: 14 May 2017 Stayed in May 2017
    E. Netherlands
  • La Dakaroise

• Positive section of review

The owner of the hotel is very kind and helpful. Rooms are clean and large. Internet connection is fast! It was like as I'm at my own home!

Reviewed: 12 May 2017 Stayed in May 2017
    Hasan Turkey
  • Siki Hotel

• Positive section of review

Excellent location in the middle of the old centre. Very nice and tasteful design. Staff very friendly. Very good Spanish influenced restaurant.

• Negative section of review

Breakfast is somewhat basic (coffee, juice, baguette and some fruit).

Reviewed: 13 December 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Gertjan Netherlands
  • Keur Marrakis

Mbour, Senegal

• Positive section of review

everything, especially the room, the view to the ocean, the central location and the very kind staff

Reviewed: 13 January 2017 Stayed in January 2017
    valeria Belgium
  • Ecolodge de Simal

Simal, Senegal

Average review score: 8.8
    • Positive section of review

A stunning place. Very nice that there are canoes that you can use and that you can make boat trips.

• Negative section of review

Our reservation for the first day was cancelled 2 days before arrival.

Reviewed: 29 January 2017 Stayed in January 2017
    Petra Netherlands
  • Villa Renaissance

Average review score: 8.7
    • Positive section of review

good location if you dont want to stay in noisy Dakar center.. very helpful and friendly french/ cameroun hosts. Good rooms , good beds, everything fine

Reviewed: 19 February 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    stefan Germany
  • Pullman Dakar Teranga

• Positive section of review

I loved everything! It was a true home away from home. I would like to make special mention of the kindness and total professionalism of the staff throughout the hotel. Of course we interacted more with staff at the Reception so I am giving their names here as a special mention: Aminata N'Dour who welcomed us on arrival coming to us while we sat comfortably in the stylish lobby, instead of having us stand at the desk. Fode Camara who I spoke to on the eve of our arrival who was very reassuring, as I only got my own confirmation on my email forgetting that my friend and colleague would receive hers on her own email. Olivier Tendeng who found us a very friendly guide, Mr Mass of Eva Travel Agency, to accompany us to the market, a big help. Jean Didas and Babakar Koita who were very helpful in their own way. The restaurant staff attended to any special request with inimitable courtesy, always with a wonderful smile. Our only regret, the brevity of our stay. There is a longing to come back to Dakar on a private visit next time and stay a few more days. Thanks to all the staff of this pristine hotel. Keep up your 6* service. Is there some way Booking.com conveys this to the hotel?

• Negative section of review

There was absolutely nothing that I did not like, and being a global citizen, widely travelled, this is quite rare.

Reviewed: 25 June 2017 Stayed in June 2017
    Prajna Belgium
  • Yaas Hotel Dakar Almadies

• Positive section of review

The hotel is new, more of a boutique hotel. Good restaurant and breakfast. The area is very nice. A very good restaurant nearby.

Non-openable windows

Reviewed: 14 May 2017 Stayed in April 2017
    Anonymous Spain
  • Cap-Sénégal

Cap Skirring, Senegal

Average review score: 8.5

Highly rated hotels in Senegal by all reviewers

• Siki Hotel

• Negative section of review

Breakfast is somewhat basic (coffee, juice, baguette and some fruit).

Reviewed: 13 December 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Gertjan Netherlands
  • Villa Renaissance

Average review score: 8.7

Reviewed: 19 February 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    stefan Germany
  • Résidences Naticia

• Positive section of review

We were impressed with the free shuttle from airport to hotel. The owner sent his private car with a note from the driver. The property was very safe and secure, a real plus in Dakar. The owner spoke fluent English and was responsive to our every need. He even allowed us to store some musical instruments we purchased for a week while we traveled to Cape Verde Islands. We had a great experience at Residencia Aicha.

Reviewed: 26 February 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    Richard USA
  • Trés chic appartement à Dakar

Average review score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

Owner is very friendly and helpful

• Negative section of review

Directions difficult to locate property

Reviewed: 6 March 2017 Stayed in February 2017
    Ndey Gambia
  • Jardin d'Afrique

Saly Portudal, Senegal

Average review score: 9
    • Positive section of review

The privacy of the place. We had the whole place for 2 families. Close to supermarket,beach, restaurant. The host was very nice.

• Negative section of review

The door for one of house was unable to close easily. and also there is no mosquito net in this house.

Reviewed: 12 March 2017 Stayed in March 2017
    wassana Canada
  • Chez Eric

Gorée, Senegal

• Positive section of review

Nice hosts Very charming place Food shop right next to it

Reviewed: 10 May 2017 Stayed in May 2017
    Gabrielle France
  • Residence Cheikh Fall

• Positive section of review

The owner of the place is a execellent man who care a lot for his guest and ready to help you in anything you need. The rooms are so wonderful secured and clean. proper air conditions wireless and good bathrooms.

• Negative section of review

I like every bit of the hotel and the owner

Reviewed: 13 September 2017 Stayed in September 2017
    Momodou Gambia
  • Mbékhmi Beau rivage

Mbour, Senegal

• Positive section of review

Friendly owner. Big room. Next to the beach. Feels like a homestay because that is what it basically is - I think the lodging is two rooms on one floor of a family house.

• Negative section of review

Hard to find the first time around. No sign whatsoever outside, and at least Maps.me which I use showed the location incorrectly. This might change but during my visit the real location is one house before the one shown coming from the direction of Blue Africa.

Reviewed: 21 October 2017 Stayed in October 2017
    Anonymous Hungary
  • Sene Keur

Somone, Senegal

Average review score: 8.8
    • Positive section of review

The assistant was very kind and pleasant. The location on the beach was nice. The food was good.

• Negative section of review

your site said a fridge and micro. Neither was in the room. The pool was not well maintained. Our sink did not drain. I was told I could use the kitchen and fridge,but after one day, it was obvious that I was not wanted in the kitchen. The remarks made to me made me feel very unwelcome. We stayed two nights but paid 3 so as not to have further problems.

Reviewed: 14 January 2017 Stayed in January 2017