2. Tanzania hotel reviews

Recent reviews for Hotels in Tanzania

• Xanadu Villas & Retreat

Bwejuu, Tanzania

• Positive section of review

I liked everything in the retreat. We took all our meals in the villa and they keep surprising us with the set up and location of the table. Food options were limited but even with the limitation it was delicious. We mostly like Jessica our butler. She was very helpful and informative. She made sure our stay was remarkable and helped in creating wonderful memories. This place is must for whoever is visiting zanzibar.

Amar United Arab Emirates
  • Makofi Guest House

Average review score: 9.1
    • Positive section of review

If you are looking for incredible vibe this is the right place! Different people from all around the world, friendly staff, mutual activities such as barbeque evening, music all day long. The positive energy in this place is contageous! We felt like we are at home from the first moment at Makofi! All recommendations and we will be back for sure!

Jelena Serbia
  • Zava Nungwi

Average review score: 9
    • Positive section of review

* Very Friendly host, staff and atmosphere * Everyday cleaning and anti-mosquito spraying * Few steps to the beach! * laundry optional * Cozy yard * All facilities are near: the souvenir market, currency exchange, fruit shop on the corner, great variety of restaurants, shops, simcards, taxi, dive center. Thank you:)

* Noisy because of busy street and night life * Broken fridge

Ekateryna Ukraine
  • Zanzibar Retreat Hotel

Average review score: 9.2
    • Positive section of review

I liked every detail in Retreat hotel. Fabulous house with wooden carved furniture Big swimming pool Relax atmosphere Quite and cosy FANTASTIC restaurant Very tasty various breakfast Big clean beach right outside the hotel Friendly host and staff ... and cats, of course Miss this place :)

• Negative section of review

You can’t swim in the ocean most of the day because of low tide. But you can use the great clean pool!

Ekateryna Ukraine
  • FAIRMONT HOTEL

No reviews yet
    • Positive section of review

I liked the comfortability of the rooms and the services. The roof top is amazing with the city view .. I really enjoyed my stay

David Tanzania
  • Mazzola Safari House & Backpacking

• Positive section of review

Innocent, the owner is very helpful and can organize safaris if needed House is big and fully equipped Kitchen is a plus

Aurelien Australia
  • Mazzola Safari House & Backpacking

• Positive section of review

By far the best place to stay in Arusha House is huge with lots of spaces to chill Wonderful garden as well

Aurelien Australia
  • Shanuo Beach Bungalows

Michamvi, Tanzania

Average review score: 9.1
    • Positive section of review

Great reception, great staff, great location and great room. Gillian needs mentioning...Fantastic!

• Negative section of review

The beds are as hard as rock...but the staff kindly made a plan with one of the outside mates. No bedside lamps or side tables.

bruce Zimbabwe
  • Rumaisa Hotel

Zanzibar City, Tanzania

Average review score: 8
    • Positive section of review

Great place. The staff are friendly and very welcoming. Really great value for money.

kinneret Israel
  • Villa Kiva Boutique Hotel

Average review score: 9
    • Positive section of review

Breakfast was good but very slow staff. The whole service was slow.

• Negative section of review

Slow people. No TV in the room. Loads of urchins everywhere.

Karel Abkhazia

Highly rated hotels in Tanzania by reviewers who speak English

• Mambo Arusha Hostel

• Positive section of review

We had a wonderful time at Mambo Arusha. The hostel is small and cosy. The beds are spacious and the private bathrooms large. They will cook you dinner and lunch to order for cheap prices (allow at least an hour for them to prepare it though once you order). They have a courtyard with a bar and water and fizzy drinks are also available. The owner drove us to a nearby hotel to swim in their infinity pool with views of mount Meru for a few US dollars with towels and showers available next to the pool. They also had a bar at the hotel that we retired to when it started raining and it was a short 15 minute walk back to the hostel. The hostel also has information about short hikes and day walks that you can take from the hostel. Good if you like the outdoors. Not a big social hostel, more a cosy quiet one, so don’t go there expecting to meet lots of people.

• Negative section of review

The food takes over an hour to prepare as they make it fresh, so make sure you don’t order too late! We didn’t order until 8pm and ended up eating at 9:30pm. The transfer price to Kilimanjaro airport was $15USD more expensive than what nearby hostels and private drivers were willing to take us for, but when we told the owner, he found another driver who would take us for less than his original price.

Reviewed: 10 March 2019 Stayed in February 2019
    Hannah Australia
  • Mama Root

Kizimkazi, Tanzania

Average review score: 9.7
    • Positive section of review

Beautiful place for relax...

• Negative section of review

this place is not for everybody.. Someone can feel like there is no personal space.. Everything here is so friendly and open :)

Reviewed: 2 November 2018 Stayed in October 2018
    Michaela Czech Republic
  • Clove Island Villas & Apartments

Makunduchi, Tanzania

• Positive section of review

Excellent place. Wonderful stuff. Good hospitality. Enjoyed every single moment. Really it felt like home

Nothing.. So sad to leave that place. Wonderful stuff

Reviewed: 6 August 2019 Stayed in August 2019
    Abdullah Saudi Arabia
  • Maji Lodge

• Positive section of review

Amazing location right on the beach. The breakfast was excellent and so peaceful watching the sunrise with fresh fruit and coffee. Natalia was lovely and made us feel very welcome. The shower is really good and the room was very spacious with fresh towels and nice toiletries. The lodge is so peaceful and a great base for diving or snorkeling on the Mnemba Atoll. You can book excursions & taxis with the lodge and add it to your total bill which is great. There is also a little kitchen and a fridge where you can buy beers, wine and some snacks. Thank you for a great stay :-)

Reviewed: 2 November 2018 Stayed in November 2018
    Gareth United Kingdom
  • Kiganja

• Positive section of review

Giorgia and the staff were very friendly. The place was beautoful and very clean. The food was tasty . They gave me satisfaction for all my requests. I needed my laundry done after the safari and I could share a transporation with 3 other girls which divided the price by 2 for me. I really recommand this place.

• Negative section of review

I haven t any bad comments to make

Reviewed: 17 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Lynda France
  • Green's Nungwi

• Positive section of review

Staff is very friendly, Ali explained us everything and also he accompanied us to show us around the hotel and city. The garden is nice and is very quiet.

tepaeceke Spain

erhard Germany
  • SeVi Boutique Hotel

Kigomani, Tanzania

• Positive section of review

Tanzania is the 70th country I visit, and I am glad I started my visit with a few nights at this hotel. The bungalow was amazingly nice. The hotel layout is beautiful, warm yet gives enough privacy. Management and team are superb. George, the General Manager, a lot of credit goes to as the atmosphere is very nice, Ashraf, head of F&B, is excellent, Sophia, therapist at Spa, is among the best I have had a massage from, and many other excellent staff such Carla, Neema, Rachidi, and others at reception and restaurant whom I interacted with, but unfortunately I cannot recall their names. The restaurant is also excellent. I only ate there. One evening they had a live band and it was very nice too. They can arrange good excursions, I did the snorkeling one and I enjoyed it. It was my first time snorkeling. They arranged airport pick up and drop off. All in all, a beautiful stay and if I visit Zanzibar again, then I will definitely stay at this boutique hotel.

Nothing I can think of

Reviewed: 13 August 2019 Stayed in August 2019
    Rabie United Arab Emirates
  • Pink Flamingo

Moshi, Tanzania

• Positive section of review

We are traveling a lot around the world BUT our experience at the pink flamingo was just UNBELIEVABLE and AMAZING! The Hosts Teresa and Leandro as well as their son Tomaso are INCREDIBLE great hosts and persons ! We felt like home ! They help you with EVERYTHING even MORE THAN YOU EXPECT! The house ,the cleanliness, the service and the delicious food are PERFECT !The stuff, especially Kassie was very lovely and took good care of us. We HIGHLY recommend this beautiful relax place !

Absolutely nothing

Marina Germany
  • Savannah House

• Positive section of review

Tony was super attentive. There was a problem with our reservation at booing.com and Tony got it all figured out and fixed. When we had to leave early in the morning and miss breakfast, he made us to-go boxes.

Reviewed: 18 August 2019 Stayed in August 2019
    DANIEL United States
  • The Loop Beach Resort

Jambiani, Tanzania

Close to the beach Area Pool Staff Floor made by white sand except the rooms

Reviewed: 14 September 2018 Stayed in September 2018
    Anonymous Slovakia

Highly rated hotels in Tanzania by all reviewers

• Savannah House

Gareth United Kingdom
  • Mafia Kivulini Lodge

Utende, Tanzania

• Positive section of review

We had a wonderful time and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and they went out of their way to make us feel at home.

Reviewed: 1 July 2019 Stayed in June 2019
    Natalie South Africa
  • Villa Tulia

• Positive section of review

Wonderfull place in Zanzibar. Jacek is a very nice and accomodating guy which will give you the best advices and contacts for your stay (diving, restaurants...) The house is very clean and have everything you need! Highly recommended.

Reviewed: 14 September 2018 Stayed in August 2018

• Mama Root

Kizimkazi, Tanzania

Average review score: 9.7
    • Positive section of review

Beautiful place for relax...

Reviewed: 2 November 2018 Stayed in October 2018