Samoa Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent Reviews for Hotels in Samoa

• Ulalei Lodge

Average Review Score: 8.2
    • Positive section of review

Close proximity to the city

• Negative section of review

There were broken blinds- there was no fridge for guests to use, there were a serious ant problem in the kitchen.

Dee Australia
  • Le Lagoto Resort & Spa

Fagamalo, Samoa

Average Review Score: 9
    • Positive section of review

Setting is gorgeous and the staff are friendly and efficient. Fales are spacious and the swimming is perfect.

Jennie New Zealand
  • Apaula Heights Lounge

Average Review Score: 8.7
    • Positive section of review

Very comfortable room and we liked the outdoor shower. On a bit of a hill, so nice views and a breeze. Very friendly and helpful staff and we really enjoyed the Friday night barbeque. Delicious breakfast included with fresh fruit from the garden and good eggs and coffee. 20min walk to town centre. Great value for money.

Jet Australia
  • Aga Reef Resort and Spa

Lalomanu, Samoa

Average Review Score: 8.9
    • Positive section of review

The resort was beautiful and the staff were all great, extremely welcoming and helpful, nothing was a problem for them. I would definitely recommend Aga Reef to everyone.

• Negative section of review

In terms of hygiene the bathroom was never really cleaned, whilst they tidied up and changed linen the toilet clearly wasn't cleaned all week. Often the restaurant didn't have what was on the menu, e.g. duck pancakes weren't available the whole time we were there and took about three attempts before the lobster ravioli was available (I understand that this is the norm in Samoa)... There was a problem with payment in that they had the wrong amount on the bill and kept asking me to come to reception to check with my credit card. I had to prove that I'd paid, or at least paid the right amount.

Steve New Zealand
  • Olivias Accommodation

Average Review Score: 8
    • Positive section of review

Great value for money. The lady who runs the accommodation was lovely and very helpful. Breakfast is basic but good, the room was comfortable. There's a nice outside area where you can sit. Good location in Apia - about 15 minute walk to the centre.

• Negative section of review

Shower was blocked with a lot of hair (like months worth) which we had to pull out so that the shower would drain.

Alice United Kingdom
  • Vailima Hillside Apartments

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

We loved everything about our apatment from the moment we arrived to the day we departed. Luxurious apartment, spacious in every room you entered. Our teens loved the air-conditioning and opted for the best room in the apartment and I fell in love with the upstairs loft. The views were breathtaking and you could walk around the balcony around the whole level. My youngest loved the amazing pool was in there 247. Hilda was amazing and top-notch host. She always on-call when we had queries about anything especially on the last night when we locked ourselves out! Highly recommended and looking forward to coming back in 2019.

Reviewed: September 24, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    JoJo New Zealand
  • Insel Fehmarn Hotel

Average Review Score: 7.7
    • Positive section of review

The staff were very accommodating and were great to deal with.

• Negative section of review

That we couldnt stay longer

Pelesala New Zealand
  • Dave Parker Eco Lodge

Average Review Score: 7.5
    • Positive section of review

The view and the people I meet at the hotel!

• Negative section of review

I like the owner who own the Lodge. He is a well organized and also a respected man. Very humble man

Eseta New Zealand
  • Sheraton Samoa Beach Resort

Mulifanua, Samoa

Average Review Score: 8.2
    • Positive section of review

Staff made us feel very welcome and were very helpful when we approached them. The bed was super comfortable and the room was a cool haven from the heat. The pool was a lovely area to relax, but be warned there are boisterous children and parents there so not always a relaxing area to swim. The beach area was nicely set up and got a cool breeze. There was a kayak available but one couldn't explore very far from the resort. All room face out to the sea, cooler breezes if you get a top storey one so worth asking for one.

• Negative section of review

If you stay at the hotel meals can be pretty expensive usually about 30-40 Tala or more for basic entrees and burgers. You are a captive audience. It was a long trip into Apia. We hired a taxi to take us to the museum and to Apia and then return and it cost 200 Tala. So it probably is better to hire a car while you are there so you an drive around more. It is a long walk in the heat out to the bus stop on the main road. The Golf course is no longer cared for and very overgrown and the Casino has closed at the resort (thank goodness as it was open ntil 2pm which would have been noisy). It is a surprisingly big island with the low speed limit and badly holed roads so road trips can be long. Snorkling at resort no good you would need to go out close to edge of reef. Sadly the reefs aroud the island are dying from climate change and the heating up of the water.

Glenda New Zealand

Highly Rated Hotels in Samoa by English-speaking Reviewers

• Dave Parker Eco Lodge

Average Review Score: 7.5
    • Positive section of review

View is pretty but not worth it

• Negative section of review

The room was very mouldy and not clean, the sheets were very smelly and mouldy. Luckily I travel with a silk cocoon and a pillowcase just in case!! There was some confusion around the taxi cost (seemed far too expensive to both us and another group who had arrived the same evening) which, as it was late when we arrived, we were told could be discussed in the morning. In the morning I had found that they charged my card without discussing the amount with me and without my approval. Upon asking why this had happened and expressing that I was under the impression that it would be discussed, and that I would prefer to pay in cash (as I mentioned the previous evening) - I was met with extreme rudeness. The owner yelled at me that I was arguing with him 'for my ego' and flatly denied the any wrong-doing. We had booked a second night here, but chose to leave due to the lack of cleanliness and his behaviour. The location is very poor, with nothing around other than the view. There is a free shuttle service to town, but there is only one in and out of the town a day (8:30am to go in, 4:30pm to return) and they are really just the owner giving you a lift to and from his workplace. I found these times extremely limiting and inconvenient. All in all this was a very disappointing evening, especially compared to the positive experiences we subsequently had at other options throughout Apia and the rest of Samoa.

Reviewed: December 12, 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Elise Australia
  • Nia Mall Apartments

Average Review Score: 6.5

It was a big room

• Negative section of review

They paid for the room without my permission. I don't even have a receipt from them. It was meant to be pay on arrival. A women staying there was beaten up by her partner and they were both back in the same room the next day. The blood was left in the foyer to see. It had no air in the rooms. Just not nice and didn't trust them. One of my friends left wouldn't stay there.

Reviewed: November 23, 2016 Stayed in November 2016
    Kirstie New Zealand

Highly Rated Hotels in Samoa by All Reviewers

• Anivas Place

Average Review Score: 8.7
    • Positive section of review

Owner is super friendly and helpful.

AC was extra ST 20.

Reviewed: January 2, 2017 Stayed in December 2016
    Steffen United States of America
  • Samoa Home

Vaitele, Samoa

Average Review Score: 9.7
    • Positive section of review

Stayed here with my fiancé and 4kids. Owner was lovely and helpful! The home is located in a great place. Facilities that ain't mentioned on site. Next door you have a gym (not sure if it's open to the public). But the public pools is a min drive away. Grocery and a few takeaway stores is located next door, there is also a taxi stand across the road and the city is literally a 2min drive away.. Home comes with ceiling fans alongside with fans on the walls. Outside area also had a fan on the ceiling which was great! Home also has two toilets and a spacious shower which had a built in seated wall. Kitchen is fully equipped with gas stove, microwave, Fridge/Frezzer and utensils. Two washing machines were available for use as well as a line. So I will recommend this place to anyone...especially for families.

Reviewed: January 2, 2017 Stayed in December 2016