2. Costa Rica hotel reviews
  3. Alajuela hotel reviews
  4. Fortuna hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Baldi Hot Springs Hotel & Spa

Reviews of Baldi Hot Springs Hotel & Spa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

La Fortuna San Carlos, 50432 Fortuna, Costa Rica

#49 of 95 hotels in Fortuna

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

In general we enjoyed our stay at Baldi Resort Very Much

Whenever we used the bathroom sink a bad odor came out of the faucet/ We reported this problem for three consecutive days. While the staff attempted to correct the problem, they were quite unsuccessful. We finally requested a change of room. I must say that management offered to make up for their miss handling the situation. We accepted a 50% discount on A 90 minute long Massage with Volcanic Rocks for the two of us, which was just AWESOME!

We enjoyed very much the ambiance. It has 25 thermal water pools with a variety of options, such as pool bars, and different degrees of how hot is the pool. They also have a very nice illumination of the rocks surrounding the pools at night. The rooms are spacious and awesome (we had a Jr. Suite). Rooms also had a terrace. The soil is so fertile that vegetation grows very high. You almost feel like at Jurassic Park, in a good sense.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Facility is great but arrogant stuff at the i for desk with wrong information about room prices

I was disappointed with girls from the information desk coz they gave me a wrong information about the prices and they seem to be arrogant too. The management should advice them for more politeness

I liked the room and the hot springs

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Room was spacious, clean & comfortable.
    • Superior Room

There were too many day guests and they could stay until 9pm, so there was a constant stream of people. As soon as we arrived we were met with a list of rules and regulations, along with costs e.g. for losing the towel cards. We had had a long and difficult journey and did not feel welcomed. Staff were generally unfriendly, although reasonably efficient. There is a children's pool but it would be good to have a quiet or adults only area.

Room was spacious, clean & comfortable. Restaurant was Ok, although very few people used it, so there was little atmosphere. Staff spoke little English, whereas elsewhere, they have always tried to speak English to us. Also unusual for a 5 star hotel. Breakfast was fairly good.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Hot springs, property, location, staff was very...
    • Superior Room

Would have preferred more vegetarian food options. Also I found the food to be a little overpriced.

Hot springs, property, location, staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Magical stay at Baldi Springs!
    • Superior Room

Slight mixup with the tour I had organized but other than that a great stay!

Everything! The spas are a once in a lifetime experience and a highlight of our trip. The food at Pyramids was great, the staff was super friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

perfect... 10 year anniversary!! thank you
    • Superior Room

I hope the men working on the cavern section? get to have protection masks... for the fumes?

breakfast was SOOO PERFECT!!!!!! We were there in April and lunch was good BUT BREAKFAST WAS WONDERFUL!!!! AND THE POOLS!!!! PERFECT!!! Loved the PAPER straw!!!!

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

felt like las vegas hotel, not a cool arenal volcano hot springs resort.
    • Superior Room

Felt like @ Las Vegas hotel. water falls looked too fake, so did plants even though they're real. Property felt too dark, volcano view was not featured. night in door spa with music - too loud & cheesy. italian restaurant service - poor. 8:00 pm staff more interested in straightening drawers & napkins

hot spring pools were great.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

A must for any couples
    • Superior Room

- Lots of hot springs and slides closed due to maintenance

- Rooms were spacious and clean - Close to springs - came with towels and robes to use well in hot springs - Hot springs available all night - only one main one open but rest open until 10pm. - Was our honeymoon and hotel sent us a chocolate and strawberry plate as a welcome gift. Was very nice of them. - Quite at night - Downtime for Sept/Oct so very little people here. Got to enjoy all of the hot springs pretty much alone. - Sauna area is amazing!

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Overall my guest and I had fun just the rat and leaking roof made the stay bad
    • Deluxe Double

The resort could use more restaurants and places to eat. And there was a rat in my room and roof was leaking but some staff was not very helpful. Gave complimentary service that I already paid for and later gave us a hard time about it

Loved the hot springs and spa

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Very nice hotel
    • Superior Room

The springs inside the hotel were full of "Day Pass" visitors, who came to enjoy the springs. It means that for us, the guests, there were crowded pools and not even one sunbed to seat on.

The hotel is stunning, the pools are beautiful, the room are comfortable and big, the wifi is great in all the areas of the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Great Vacation!

We stayed over 2nights and 3 days, the room key started not working on the last day where it was very uncomfortable to access our own room. We had our package with breakfast buffet included and I found a hair in scrambled egg which was very disgusting that I stopped eating. The bathroom has the ceiling with mold marks which provoked rare smell too.

The place was in general awesome, hot thermal water and cool pool to refresh. The personnel we kind and attending at their best. The diversity of thermal temperature was provided where we could choose the one that best for us.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Try it at least once!
    • Superior Room

I found the buffet overpriced. The spa treatment we received was also quite costly, which was not the issue, however, the services themselves I felt did not match the price.

It was a resort in the full sense and we felt pampered and entertained every second--from the interactions with staff to the ammenities and size of the room. The grounds were beautiful even though it rained quite heavily intermittently, but there were plenty of indoor pools to take advantage of. There was not much life seeing as it was fairly empty and we were there during low season, but that was no matter. The staff was attentive and kind, and the kids slide was super fun! Don't let the title fool you!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Rooms were nice.
    • Superior Room

Pools were great, but some of them there’s no room or place to keep your stuff. You end up laying your towel, and belongings on the floor. Hate the towel service. Walking down to return them or exchanging them.

Rooms were nice. And pool with great Warm water and waterfalls

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Loved the amazing pools !
    • Deluxe Double

Loved the amazing pools ! Especially liked that there were a few that had bar service. The breakfast that was included was amazing ! Great food variety. The staff was incredibly helpful and welcoming. The down side (not controllable ) poured rain but we were literally watching it from the pool by the property entrance and nice and warm in the water. : )

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Baldi was a fun experience.

The slides were dangerous! Please consider replacing or redesigning them. We watched several people get injured (bleeding cuts to the head/legs) after going down one of the slides. Two seem ok for kids or people under about 150 pounds.... but if you are larger, look out!

Baldi was a fun experience. We stayed in one of the newer suites at the top of the hill. Very spacious rooms with a very pretty patio. But getting too/from the room will require some walking The pools were nice (some a bit too hot for the whole family) but still pretty fun. Grounds are well kept and very clean. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the water slides and kids area (one of the main reasons why we chose to stay at this property). Slides were dangerous and after one go on them, my son didn't even want to ride any more because he hit his head. Food in the restaurant up front was good (I wasn't a fan of the buffet). The included breakfast was excellent. This place was just fine, but I think I would look at other options if returning to Arenal.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

It exceeds your expectations!
    • Superior Room

It exceeds your expectations! The pools are super cool and there’s one for everyone, the hotel is nice and clean. The food at the restaurant is pricey but very good. The overall experience and green areas are just wonderful! Totally worth your money.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

One of the most unique places on earth, take good care of it!
    • Superior Room

Don’t provide straws! Your country is leading the world in ecology. Let the bartender stir drinks and teach women how to drink without a straw!

It’s always the staff, from checking in to dining. A spectacular hot springs experience, made better only by all of the staff!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Hot spring hotel
    • Superior Room

Problems with first room, solution was not acceptable, eventually changed to a different category room (presumed lower). Check in and check out processes are very inefficient. Any requests via reception involve a number of staff and long waits. Focus is on the springs, not the hotel facilities.

Great breakfast. Access to the hotsprings throughout stay and after checkout.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

The pillows used in the room were very old and should have...
    • Superior Room

The pillows used in the room were very old and should have been replaced a long time ago. My room was located on the first floor so I literally heard everything and anything people taking, walking , insects. I didn’t sleep well at all would only recommend the hot springs don’t stay at this hotel

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

The property is beautiful!
    • Superior Room

The bathrooms didn’t have warm water to shower in and were outdated.

The property is beautiful! The Springs are clean and the people are very friendly. We had someone very nice help us with the bookings of our excursions.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Great choise for Arenal
    • Superior Room

liked everything except restaurants limited in light offerings

Horseback excursion to base of Volcano one of best excursions ever, and probably best "livery" ride possible: horses were spirited, allowed to canter and gallop and loveingly cared for. The ride terrain was extraordinarily interesting. The value was exceptional, as was the guide. The baths were interesting and fun.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

really great! beautiful facilities near other restaurants and activities.
    • Superior Room

I also liked the ways drinking in common areas was controlled most of the time. I was a bit disappointed that we had to drive to do all other activities other than the pools and eating. Thought some hiking trails or access to other areas might be included.

Breakfast was great! Staff very friendly, very clean, rooms great. All the grounds and staff super bien!

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

worth it for the pools, but that's it
    • Superior Room

The dinner buffet is very bad and very expensive, they will make you wait a very long time behind huge queues of people with a time consuming payment process for a pool towel rather than quickly let you swap your card for a towel. They charge guests $20 for a towel but day guests $10. Our room was so dark it needed lights on in broad daylight. No pool to swim in.

The room was very good but very dark as we were on the bottom floor which was effectively sunk and had little to no natural light - you had to have the lights on even during daylight. The buffet was pretty terrible and overpriced and aimed at the day guests. The pools were fantastic, really brilliant and make the hotel well worth it but they charge you $20 for a pool towel =, despite only charging day guests $10 and they will not prioritise giving guests a towel (simply swapping a card for a towel) over day guests (payment taking a long time with cash or card) so you can be caught waiting a very long time for a towel despite it being the hotel you have paid a lot of money to stay in. Other than this the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Baldi Hot Springs is a jewel! I will bring my entire family for this experience.
    • Superior Room

Nothing. I enjoyed my stay. Don't misplace your pool towel. Bring your own or take care of and return the one you are given. Cost $10 per towel.

My room had a great view of the volcano. I loved the location to the thermal pools and the food was great. I thought the price of the food was reasonable. I would stay here again and again and encourage others to do the same. Excellent experience, excellent service, awesome staff! Tonya at check-in was pleasant. Ruth at checkout was friendly and helped me figure out the currency for payment, even allowing me to mix dollars and colones. Gabriella, the director and Flor at the Spa are simply amazing. Do not go to Baldi and pass over the spa experience, you would regret it. I would highly recommend building into your budget a foot massage, and a head, neck and shoulder massage. For an amazing treat consider spending a 1/2 day at the Acqua Spa. There is a surprise you won't want to miss on the rooftop! Hint: It is the crown jewel of Baldi Hot springs.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

I would stay again since resort was really nice and service was excellent.
    • Superior Room

The only thing I did not realize at time of booking was that this resort is open to the public for day passes to come and enjoy the hot springs. My fault for not reading better but it almost had a water park feel to it...an upscale one...and a more quiet one. We left for most of our morning and returned in afternoons and even though there were a lot of people in there the hot springs never really felt crowded....which is a plus.

Loved the hot springs and the really well thought out shading to keep guest cool and/or dry while soaking in the hot springs pools. Staff was really awesome and Ruth at the front desk helped plan out my schedule for an entire day of my stay. Our breakfast was delicious and even to go out to eat we were close proximity to the town of La Fortuna. The air conditioning unit worked really well.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Too cheesy, would not stay again
    • Superior Room

There is no ambiance, the design of the hotel fails to take full advantage of the views around (breakfast with road noise and no view), the room was very dark even in the full day light, the poor design of the hotel means cars drive in the same walkway where swimmers walk barefoot.

The pools and toucans behind the pools

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

I loved it was very relaxing and I didn’t want to leave.
    • Superior Room

Everything! Hated to leave. The pools are a variety of temperatures And I liked that they had really hot ones and waterfalls to pound on your shoulders and the natural sauna. Very relaxing. Sometimes the Hotel has a lot of people but there’s lots of places to go For the pools.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

A haven in the midst of the rainforest right below Arenal vulcano with great thermal pools

The Junior Suite was very spacious and had a great view of the rainforest The thermal water pools are fantastic The staff at check in was very helpful and kind

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Had a lot of fun jumping from pool to pool,
    • Superior Room

The room was decent in size but could use a facelift, are dimly lighted and the tub seemed unclean. The pools and the sauna space made up for it though.

The hot springs were fabulous and my kids loved the slides!

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Because of the location and the hot spring pools this is a wonderful place to stay!
    • Deluxe Double

The walls are really thin and we could hear our next door neighbors activities. That means we heard all the roustings of "under the seats" fun. The last day, new family and we heard little feet enjoying the sound of their feet slapping on the wood floors. Bathtubs need overhauling.

The bed and pillows were great! Loved the coffee server. Balcony was awesome, very inviting, would be nice if couch faced outward instead of towards the room. No matter the weather the pools were perfect and because there were so many of them and they were all hot springs, they were always comfortable-we spent a rainy day in the pool and loved it! Did not realize there was another level of rooms in the back part of the resort, gorgeous!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Great springs but food needs to up its game.
    • Superior Room

Food needs a serious re-think. went to buffet and walked straight out, felt like a school canteen so used the restaurant. Not many in there and it looked like a couple of other tables were not impressed either. Very bland unexciting overpriced food. Eat in town we suggest - hotel needs to up its game here.

Whether springs are genuine volcanic or not, they are impressive and spacious, particularly empty in the morning. Water slides very quick. Rooms very spacious and well equipped. Very well kept grounds.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Just the hot springs
    • Superior Room

We were not happy with our dealings with the front desk staff. They insisted on bringing our luggage to our room, said it would be there in 5 minutes. After an hour we went to get the bags and they made it seem it was our fault they were forgotten. At check out they told us there was a bottle of missing from the mini bar. After a lot of time , with a driver waiting for us, and a lot of discussion they kindly let us go without paying for the wine we did not drink. The price of drinks at the pool bar were high at about $20 per cocktail. It was such a stark contrast to the helpful staff we met at the other hotels where we stayed

The hot springs were amazing. Something for everyone. The meal and wine at the Italian restaurant was very good as was the service. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The included breakfast was good with some variety each of the two days

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Loved the pools, especially during the rain!
    • Superior Room

$20.00 for a towel I forget at the pool side.

Alejandro and the front desk staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Buffet dinner was quick and convenient but repetitive with choices. Market beside hotel had the coldest beer ever!!!

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

The spa was amazing, the hot springs were amazing.
    • Superior Room

Rooms not updated and view from balcony looked to parking lot. Dinner buffet was decent

The spa was amazing, the hot springs were amazing. Drinks all reasonable, about $10 for a mixed drink. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

The hotel is perfect for families with kids.
    • Superior Room

The bathtub is old and not very comfortable.

The hotel is a tiny part of the entire resort, which makes it very cozy. It is surrounded by palms and all sort of beautiful trees. You can see squirrels playing on the trees right outside the balcony. The bed was very comfortable. Aside from the AC, there is also a dehumidifier in the room.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Motel.
    • Superior Room

Hotel itself and rooms look more like motel than 5* hotel. There is no sound insulation - difficult to relax and sleep. Outlets by the bed are not working. Food in hotels restaurants is the worst In la Fortuna. Breakfast is eatable.

Stuff is nice and friendly, like everywhere in Costa Rica. Hotel is clean.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Good stay
    • Superior Room

The prices of drinks and pop in the bar, restaurant and buffet were outrageously priced. We went into town and purchased some items and put in the fridge in the room.

The grounds were awesome. The free breakfast was very good. The staff was ready and willing to service you.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

The $22 buffet dinner was awful.
    • Superior Room

The $22 buffet dinner was awful. Worst dinner we had on costa Rica during our 2 week stay. Not worth even HALF of the price. Bland tasteless overcooked cafeteria food. Yuk very disappointing

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

The pools are fantastic and breakfast very good.
    • Superior Room

The rooms are just ok (old)and bathroom was out of toilet paper but clean might of been oversight. You could stay somewhere else then $200 + a night and enjoy the great pools and facilities with a day pass .

The pools are fantastic and breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Horrible experience; will not recommend to anyone.
    • Deluxe Double

1. Poor rooms and uncomfortable beds. 2. Shower kept on leaking 3. You get disturbed by noises from adjacent rooms 4. horrible customer service 5. Poor value for money, like staying at a shabby motel

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

No hot water or water pressure and the bathroom needed a...
    • Superior Room

No hot water or water pressure and the bathroom needed a refresh. For a place known for hot springs and access to all the free hot water in the world this was disappointing.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Great hot springs hotel near Arenal Volcano. Highly recommend a junior suite.

There were a lot of people at night there for the hot springs.

Great hotel! Exceeded our expectations. The junior suite room was huge with an enormous bathroom! All the hot springs & water slides were great!

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

A lovely hotel and atmosphere with very friendly staff who made our honeymoon stay feel special!
    • Superior Room

The cocktails at some of the pool bars were double the price for the same drink in the main bar. Food at the two restaurants was fine but not really to the standard it should be (price and choice) for the type of hotel.

The breakfast on offer was great and all the staff were very friendly. Great pools and the layout of the hotel was easy to navigate and felt very private. Well maintained grounds and pools. Large beds and very comfortable! Honeymoon cake provided in the room on the house which was a lovely surprise!

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

We had a very relaxing & comfortable stay at Baldi!

The food was okay. My daughter ordered a pizza & it was under-cooked. The buffet was ok, but not worth $22 based on how much we eat & the food options.

Great friendly staff, wonderful relaxing hot pools, & very lovely room. Overall I would recommend Baldi.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

NIce Going in a Helicopter would be the way to GO !!!
    • Deluxe Double

The Pillows need to be replaced , To hard, Not Nice and Soft. Also the Balcony needs to be Sealed off for Privacy !!! So the Who's next to you can't see into your place !!! The Breakfast up by the Water slide was not Good !!! Down by the Front desk was Much better !!

The bed was Nice !

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Nice water fun resort.

We booked two rooms, one junior suite which is highly recommended. A real 5 star room especially the bathroom and balcony. The other superior room is just like an old 3 star standard hotel room facing the parking lot. Not recommended. Would rather pay more for a suite. Only thing is the suites are at the farthest end so takes a lot of walk. The hot spring pools are great. The dinner at the Italian restaurant was above our expectation. Morning buffet was just ok.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Not our taste, a bit kitschy, but a lot of comfort and good breakfast.
    • Superior Room

The bath tub was a bit dirty when we arrived, all the bars in the resort closed at 10pm and there was a complicated system to get towels for the hot tubs.

The airline lost our luggage, but the staff did their best to help us. Having access to hot tubs for ourselves in the night was great, and the breakfast was good and had a lot of options. Good coffee.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Great place....if you are American

It lacks local character. I feel that if someone visits a new country the hotel should somewhat feel “local”

Lovely hotel, but it really caters to what Americans seem to like. The hotel could have very well been in Florida, Mexico, or any of the Caribbean islands.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Probably worth paying more somewhere else for the hot spring experience.
    • Superior Room

This hotel caters mainly for Costa Rican nationals and is not really for the seasoned traveller. Sadly we didn't really enjoy our stay, it is a bit like Vegas meets Disney. The only real things are the hot spring water and vegetation the rest glitz and fibreglass. The "mountain view" from the bottom two floors is non existent due to the foliage outside the rooms, the buffet restaurant like school diners low quality and overpriced, we didn't try the A La Carte restaurant which was very pricey.

The warm water springs and friendly staff. The wild Crested Guan a top the already in position Christmas tree made us smile.....

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

The pools were amazing!

I wish there was additional parking closer to where the suites are so we would not have to walk all the way up.

The pools were amazing! I really enjoyed that they had a 24 hour pool open to guest every night and in a different location. The resort is simply astonishing and can spend the whole day there relaxing!

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Wished a better experience
    • Superior Room

Room had a problem with hot water and ants, staff on the bars were unfriendly , even said no to take us in a picture with our phone , service but the front desk was bad, front desk were great

The pools were very nice and people in front desk were very nice, cleaning people clean the room good

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

I having nothing but wonderful things to say about this Beautiful Property!
    • Superior Room

FOund nothing not to like.

The pools were extremely nice and loved that guests had access 24 hrs to some of the pools. The buffet breakfast was also very nice. Room was nice, staff was all extremely friendly and helpful, everything was clean.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Beautiful property but more for a day trip. Not overnight
    • Superior Room

Very expensive for food. The staff isn't very nice. The staff tries to find ways for the guests to spend more money.

All of the pools and hot springs were great.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

The room and location are beautiful
    • Superior Room

The service , I'm a tourist but a guess I look like a local .. the service was not up to the price of the place

The room and location are beautiful

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Amazing pools with a variety of temperatures.

A long slow trip from the airport but worth the drive. Food prices at the resort were a little high but great restaurants a short taxi ride away.

Amazing pools with a variety of temperatures. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and very convenient to the pools.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

I'm so happy we chose the Baldi for the Arenal/LaFortuna stay
    • Deluxe Double

We are a family of 4 and were greeted at check in by the very sweet and helpful, Sharrol (sp?). Her smile alone, made us feel so welcome. Along with a refreshing tropical drink, which was nice after our drive up from San Jose. Everyone on this property was so friendly and welcoming. Our escort to our building, first drove us throughout the property for a tour of the pools, explaining from warm to hottest. (As did Sharrol at check in with a property map). This property is gorgeous. The pools are super clean, and so easy to relax in. We never felt overcrowded at the pools. There are visiting guests that use day passes to the property, but we never felt crowded by it. The breakfast was included with our stay, and was delicious with a variety buffet. Also with a made to order station if desired. The food at the restaurant for dinner and the snack bar food was also tops on my list. Very delicious. And not overpriced. At the pools, we enjoyed nice Cold soft drinks, fun variety of tropical cocktails, and Cold Imperial beer. Our 14 year son enjoyed a late night hanging out at the pools, ordering late night snacks and drinks at the swim ups! The property was very safe and secure for him to hang out on his own as there is plenty of security on this property. Guests that stay have a Baldi wrist band, with your room number on it. No need for money at the pools with your wrist band, just charges to your room. Our room was nice and cool! The beds were super comfortable! We would stay here again and highly recommend it for this region. Whether your plan is just to relax and use the pools and all the Baldi has to offer, or go out and do some exploring of Arenal, you'll be satisfied here for your duration of this region. It's location is ideal for driving just minutes into Fortuna for restaurants and shops, or driving to Arenal. (We rented a 4x4 car at SJO for the duration of our trip to CR). Thank you Baldi staff, for a wonderful part of our CR trip.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Great stay and relaxing water springs
    • Superior Room

It rained but even in rain we were ok. Can't change weather

Pools is what everyone comes for . Very nice and many types with changing water temperature. Also the water slide was good too

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

Awesome Family Getaway
    • Deluxe Double

Only drawback was the restaurant. Expected a higher quality. Breakfast buffets were awesome but decided lunch and dinner off property most nights. All in all for a hotel restaurant it was above average.

It was a fabulous hot spring experience. The gardens on the property and pools are immaculately well maintained. We will be back again. Lots for children to be entertained also so a real family getaway.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Several Hot springs were gorgeous, the hotel is located in...
    • Superior Room

Room was confortable enough, humidifier is mandatory either it's stinking. Hotel requires some refreshes. Room price is expansive!

Several Hot springs were gorgeous, the hotel is located in Arenal area, practical location to visit the surroundings. Several pools and restaurant inside with Spa and a boutique.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

A different experience!
    • Superior Room

Someone broke the sideview mirror of our car in the parking lot :( ! The middle slide is a little dangerous, my boyfriend got injured

The hot springs are wonderful ! I couldn't have imagined such place

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

We ended up loving it!
    • Superior Room

Feels like a resort but the amenities made it worth it. Probably skip the dinner. We tried the njghh we arrived because we were exhausted but much better options in town.

Although I heard it called the Disneyland of Costa Rica and we were initially disappointed we had booked this over a lodge in a more natural setting, we actually couldn't have been happier with our stay! The staff were awesome so willing to help and had great suggestions. Sharon is a superstar! The excursions we booked through the hotel were easy and worked out very well. Who wouldn't want to lounge in a hot springs between atv'ing and ziplining or after dinner before bed! It was amazing having all of that at your fingertips at anytime. We were able to bring our own drinks to avoid paying a ton for resort drinks and it wasnt very busy so often we had a huge pool to ourselves. Never once did we feel crowded. Breakfast was awesome. We are not the all-inconclusive type and despite this we still loved the place. The room itself was good, bed was a bit hard for our liking but excellent ac and a de-humidifier which was definitely needed in that climate and We really appreciated

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Fabulous setting!

Suspect housekeeping never restocked the snacks at minibar when I arrived so was charged for them. At 6$, it wasn't a big deal.

Junior suite was luxury! Gorgeous and decadent. Some minor electrical issues (dehumidifier kept power failing) but when in a foreign country, things aren't perfect. Ac worked well and springs and staff were amazing!

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Beautiful hot spring pools, at all temps
    • Superior Room

We had 2 rooms. The one with a humidifier was comfortable in terms of humidity while the other was not. Thermostats were not working on either mini-split, leaving one room freezing and the other room warm. I'm sure the humidifier had some role in this. Bathrooms could use some renovation.

Hot spring pools were amazing, day and night. Location phenomenal - only about 10 minute drive from the more active la fortuna. Quiet, but near Arenal and everything we wanted to do in the area. Beautiful property and friendly staff, especially in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Things to consider

They are building more suites. so it's noisy in the day and doing repairs generally about te hotel, so that's means it's not so relaxing if you are in the resort during the day. And the suites are a good ten minute uphill. Something to bear in mind although they do transfer you in a golf cart if you ask.

Junior suite very luxurious inside. Beds very comfy, maid service excellent. Breakfast excellent. Staff very lovely.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Spectacular experience!

The Junior Suites are spectacular!! Beautiful, roomy, luxurious,... we absolutely loved the Junior Suite! The buffet breakfast was amazing as well! The hotspring pools are fantastic, with temperatures that range from mild to burning hot (my favorite). They're clean, and surrounded by beautiful plants and scenery. I love this place and keep coming back to it.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

Rip off
    • Deluxe Double

This is a commercial mass money making operation for the owners. What could have been a sacred site, with natural springs and located beautifully at the foot of the Vulcana has been converted in a US style Disneypark with TV screens and bars in the pools and loud music that could be heard in our room. Very poor value for money and certainly not 5 star quality.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2017

Five days would be long enough
    • Superior Room

Food and beverages were expensive, not value for money. Week end's were very crowded with public.

Room was comfortable and the facilities were good

• Reviewed: February 14, 2017

Amazing experience-a fantasy location
    • Superior Room

The rooms were a little dated and not as plush as we would have thought for the cost.

The hot spring amenities were amazing and the all inclusive breakfast was fabulous.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2017

Hot springs from the Arenal volcano in lush settings
    • Superior Room

we did not like the buffet restaurant at the top of the hill. very bland. Would have liked information on the mineral content of the pools i.e. magnesium etc There should be a list next to where it shows the temperature of the pools no slippers or flip flops provided with the bathrobe so bring your own

The hot springs. various temperatures ranging from 20c to 48c The restaurant a la carte next to the Reception breakfast in the restaurant as above good ambience overall at the hotel

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Not the least bit peaceful
    • Superior Room

We left after 1 night wasting $400+. We hated the ambiance and the noise, amenity charges, and the crowded conditions. I would really like some money back

• Reviewed: January 18, 2017

Nice hotel to enjoy the hot springs
    • Superior Room

The a la carte restaurant is offering mainly Italian dishes. I would have like more local food on the menu.

The hotel hot springs are the main reason to stay at the hotel. When entering the hotel you feel close to the nature ( plants, wood, etc ).

• Reviewed: January 12, 2017

Rainy days at Baldi Hotel:)
    • Superior Room

There could have been at least one comfortable chair in the room!! More hangers in the closet would have helped me organize a bit better. Children were running around overhead until late in the night and also at breakfast time in the restaurant..I realize that it's difficult to tell your guests to control their children but it detracted from having a relaxing start to our day..

The thermal pools were luxurious and sooooo relaxing. It was never crowded while we were there but that was probably due to three days of rain. That said, those were the best rainy days I ever had:):):). Sitting in hot water and having cool rain drops falling on you felt lurious and delightful:) My massage was excellent :):):)

• Reviewed: January 6, 2017

Perfect place to be when it is raining
    • Superior Room

You pay a lot to stay here, and then everything costs a ton of money. Not even a free bottle of water in the room. Drinks are expensive and not worth the price.

Great to have access to the hot springs and the room was very comfortable. The staff was really friendly and helpful when we were trying to get around since we didn't have a car.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Loved Baldi Hot Springs
    • Superior Room

Mixed drink cocktails not very strong. (We are New Yorkers). Be aware of rainy season. During rainy season it rains a lot. It is not cold, but it rains.

Staff are super friendly and helpful. Hot Springs, steam cave, water slides, all fantastic. Hotel is comfortable. Food is above average for Costa Rica...some different hot items at buffet breakfast every morning. A family friendly place as well as good for romantic honeymooners.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Should provide additional benefits for the people staying in their hotel
    • Superior Room

The customer service was ok but not impressive, the food was fine but a little repetitive. To be honest, I don't see a real value for staying in the hotel compared to those who pay only for the use of the pools.

The pools are amazing and the rooms are very confortable. The location is very good and there are a lot of things to do around the hotel.

We Price Match