Accommodations Flights Flight + Hotel Car Rentals Tours & Activities Airport Taxis

View vacation packages to

2. Costa Rica hotel reviews
  3. San José hotel reviews
  4. San José hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Costa Verde Inn

Reviews of Costa Verde Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

La Rosalinda,300 Mts sur del Cementerio, Escazu, 63734 San José, Costa Rica

#21 of 144 hotels in San José

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 23, 2020

enjoyable stay!
    • Standard Room

The fan was a bit noisy when turned on to full speed.

Quiet location, beautiful maintained garden with lovely pool. Rooms have standard equipment. Staff is friendly and very helpful (ready do help you get a taxi, order food, give tips for the trips etc.) :-)

Stayed in December 2019

• Reviewed: January 10, 2020

Great option for a work visit to the capital.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast must improve, it's fine that there is no menu and the same kind of option every day. The size of the plate must increase and options must be more present!

I really appreciate that they give me room #5 as I request it. Great location.

Stayed in January 2020

• Reviewed: December 29, 2019

I just wanna say this is a beautiful place 🤩🌸🌿 I love nature...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I just wanna say this is a beautiful place 🤩🌸🌿 I love nature and to be with the love ones and Costa Verde gave us that we feel so comfortable all the time, sleep like babies and really like those fresh fruits in the morning.. hoping to get back soon and take more days :D

Stayed in December 2019

• Reviewed: December 16, 2019

Beautiful hotel in the middle of a stunning tropical garden
    • Standard Room

The hotel is a little bit far from the airport and definitely requires a car to be reached.

The rooms are very spacious and the hotel is located in the middle of a wonderful tropical garden with beautiful trees and flowers all around. The breakfast by the pool is very enjoyable. Overall, a very nice experience when arriving to Costa Rica.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2019

Great oasis in S.
    • Standard Room

Great oasis in S.J. Close to all shopping and restaurants but far away from crowds & traffic. We loved and and we will be back soon for all our S.J. Trips. Friendly staff and great classic tico breakfast. Highly recommended! Pura Vida

• Reviewed: November 16, 2019

Colossal Costa Verde!
    • Standard Room

A bit noisy, sometimes very loud. Our 1st room, 11a, had paper thin walls. Could hear neighbors clearing their throats.

Great staff, huge room, love#15, more like an apartment.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2019

Great location and very nice staff.
    • Standard Room

We could have used an extra set of towels, but that is really a detail.

Great location and very nice staff. Very quiet neighborhood not too far away from the airport. We will definitely book again!

• Reviewed: October 25, 2019

Great place to stay

It was a bit hard to find at night

The pool area is lovely and the rooms clean and spacious. The breakfast is delicious and waking up to the sounds of the jungle is great

• Reviewed: October 21, 2019

Safe, Happy and want to go back!

I liked everything.

Very professional staff, the unique atmosphere, custom wood furniture,and Tico style, every room and Suite unique, one of a kind design with elements and art. authentic vibe, great custom wooden pieces with indigenous materials. A unique experience, very warm group , providing service and information every day. Really good if you like a friendly , safe environment. Great breakfast, comfortable and clean, and able to satisfy and make happy a quirky single woman , great stop for medical or straight vacation, nice pool , going back. Ask for Gerson manager, and Jeffe manager . You will be super pleased.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2019

The Best Place in Escazu to stay

Only the weather

My stay here was great this is the Best place to stay in Escazu as far as I’m concerned I’ve stay at other places but none treat you with extraordinary greatness as they due at Costa Verde Inn

• Reviewed: October 5, 2019

When I arrived I was greeted by Jeffrey.
    • Standard Room

When I arrived I was greeted by Jeffrey. What an excellent addition to the Costa Verde staff! The ladies that run the kitchen are always so sweet and lovely. My favorite place to stay in SJ!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2019

Loved the place but without a car it was hard to get around...
    • Standard Room

Getting around the area was not easy

Loved the place but without a car it was hard to get around and find places to eat or visit. Finding an ATM was hard.

Stayed in September 2019

• Reviewed: September 8, 2019

Cute cabinas in the city! feels very costa rican and there are pretty plants all around the property
    • Standard Room

A little far from amenities, but I loved the feeling of being away. We just did our errands then came back for the night.

The property feels like you're outside the city, which is nice. Its very chill and our room had a little kitchen we could even use. We ordered UBER eats from an indian restraunt and lit a candle on the table, we loved it.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2019

Costa Verde Inn was an unexpected treat and I would stay here or at another of their properties.
    • Standard Room

Not much. I would be proud to own such a facility and to share it with others.

The breakfast was unexpectedly nice and satisfying. Fruit, Juice, Eggs and Gallo Pinto with toast. I didn't eat it all. Good coffee too. Staff were friendly and understood English and my limited Spanish.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2019

Great location, staff has no clue about service (except breakfast team).
    • Standard Room

The office staff is glued to computer and smartphone. No welcome, no greetings, no suitcase being carried to the room. Loud conversations and loud TV/radio is coming from the office all night long. Sorry guys wearing a hoodie is not a hotel outfit.

Great location. Funky hotel. The lady who runs the breakfast kitchen is fantastic.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2019

The room was wonderful.
    • Apartment with Balcony

I think we were overcharged. We paid in colones and were charged 43000. The room was only supposed to be 67$

The room was wonderful. The view was lovely. The staff and breakfast were great.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2019

Worst night of my life.
    • Standard Room

Pubic hair and yellow stains on sheets. Makeup on pillow cases. Dirt and makeup on towels. Dirty room overall. No phone in room. Walls not soundproof. 2 kids next door literally had a screaming contest at night! 1 of kids cried throughout the night. No phone to call the front desk. Pouring like a monsoon, and front desk is a separate building away from my room, PLUS, no staff on premises after 10:00 PM, so I had no way of reaching management/staff to complain. I was up ALL night. Got zero sleep. Sat in chair with clothes on. Checked out next day. Front desk refused to reimburse me for the miserable night I spent at their Inn. Staff thought I should be happy they were not charging me for checking out early. Apparently, I should have paid Costa Verde Inn for the privilege of enduring another sleepless night in their filthy room listening to screaming/crying kids all night.

Gentleman at front desk did scan a document for me and assisted me with issue I had confirming reservation. He was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2019

Superb value and excellent quality. Will stay again.
    • Standard Room

Other guests slamming their doors got aggravating. No air conditioning, at least in my room, but it wasn't unbearable.

Excellent breakfast and cleaning services. Peaceful and secure location. Best value of all the places we have stayed on multiple trips to CR.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2019

Pillows were awesome.

No complaints.

Pillows were awesome. Breakfast was basic but very tasty and the lady in charge of breakfast and cleaning the rooms was lovely. Very pet friendly.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

It was easy to reach from the airport with the car.
    • Standard Room

It was easy to reach from the airport with the car. Le location is nice and quite. The room was very nice and spacious, it is also provided with a kitchenette. Good value for money. We liked it a lot.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

Possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in for $50 a night! And I stay in a LOT of hotels.
    • Standard Room

Ceiling fans did not work, although there was a floor fan provided. The location is both good and bad. Quiet and secluded but a ways to walk for dining options.

I had to fast for a medical procedure so could not eat the breakfast. Very large room, large comfy bed, large fluffy towels, large fluffy pillows. Heavy drapes to block light. Half-size fridge, coffee maker, plates and cutlery. Looks like it had a cook top at one point that was removed. Very pretty grounds. Extremely helpful staff. Big sturdy table. High ceilings. Large bathroom with HUGE shower with nice hot water and good pressure.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: May 8, 2019

Staff was helpful, eager to please and gracious.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The mattresses are too firm for me.

Staff was helpful, eager to please and gracious. From check-in, to breakfast by the pool, to opening the gate for an early morning departure. And patient with my attempts with Spanish, too!

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

It is a lovely place and ambience. I loved the lushness of the trees, shrubs & flowers.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was further than 20 minutes from the airport and difficult to get back to the main highway

The breakfast was a full breakfast and the chef was very helpful. The host was extremely helpful and accomodating. He did everything to please my group. The rooms were very spacious.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2019

Would stay again and would recommend if ants were eliminated
    • Standard Room

Too mans sugar ants inside and large red ones crawled on bed and sink Scared to transport them home since we just exterminated for them

Beautiful gardens awesome patios with historic furniture comfortable beds and pillows

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

A great affordable place to stay if you like gardens and being away from crowds
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was good but rather spare. Would have liked more options.

Loved the garden room. Large comfortable room. Had everything we needed. Great covered outside conversation area. It was like living outside

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

Costa Verde Inn is secluded, comfortable and really great...
    • Standard Room

Costa Verde Inn is secluded, comfortable and really great for the price. The room was comfortable with a nice bed, exceptional pillows and a refrigerator. The breakfast was food, the housekeeper-cook is really sweet. You can order delivery food, like Indian, Italian and more. Uber gets you anywhere you want to go.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2019

Great alternative for those who seek something special.
    • Standard Room

The staff was very helpful with restaurant bookings, directions and the like. Costa Verde Inn is a small boutique hotel perfect for those who seek something other than large chains and sterile environments. We stayed there twice (at the beginning and end of our trip to Costa Rica.) The first night we had Room 16 was was very large and had two king beds. The second night we had Room 13 (which we had requested in advance) which is a two level apartment with large deck and expansive views of San Jose below. Both were excellent value for the money. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

The staff was excellent and very helpful with restaurant...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff was excellent and very helpful with restaurant bookings and the like. The Inn is a beautiful alternative for those looking for something special.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2019

Suitable for people on a budget, backpackers etc. clean and safe
    • Standard Room

The electric cook top was a challenge to work. I used the microwave instead. They could probably get rid of it.

Security was good without being obtrusive. Inclusive breakfast worked for me. Area was nicely landscaped with plenty of native trees and shrubs which gave you a feel that you had your own place. I liked to sit at the table out front of my room as it was set in the shrubbery and it felt like my own private area.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2019

Fine stay for one night in San Jose.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our reservation was lost in the shuffle so we didn't get a suite as we had reserved - room was fine for the night but bed wasn't very comfy. Happy we were only staying in that room one night.

Pretty property, friendly staff, good place to stay for the night in San Jose. Great shower, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2019

Great place to staying

Nothing bad at all!

Everything, very quiet, nice to rest great location, very clean, workers are really friendly and respectful. I highly recommend this place

• Reviewed: March 6, 2019

simply perfect
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing to complain, all was fine as always

Beautiful area with lush garden, nice personnel, big rooms and excellent price. Some of the rooms have a great view obove the central valley Definitively one of the best accomodation for the price in San Jose

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

Excellent room and facilities.
    • Standard Room

Without a car it was a long walk to shops or restaurants.

Very large room with excellent facilities. Nice breakfast around the pool area and the pool looked good although we didnt go in it. Friendly helpful staff. Quiet as it was out of the main area in the suburbs.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2019

Room was charming!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Beds were very firm. But great pillows!

Room was charming! Woodwork was incredible. Breakfast was tasty and people very friendly. Can’t believe everything you get for the price.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

The beautiful view from the apartment room 13 was amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is very poorly managed. The day of our flight, before we arrived in Costa Rica, I called the hotel to ask for a late check-in (after 10pm) and to make arrangements for a car to pick us up from the airport. When we arrived in San José and I called the hotel to see if the car was on its way I was told that no arrangements could be made and that I had to get a taxi from the airport. I was upset but did not allow this to put a damper on my trip. We got a taxi and arrived at the hotel. The gentleman that greeted us (looked like a grounds keeper) was really nice. The other man in the small office did not even say hello and could care less that we were there and excited to start our trip. We checked in and the grounds-keeper-looking-guy walked us to our room. As soon as he opened the door I said, “the is not the room I reserved.” So we went back to the office (it was almost 11pm now) and he said we were right and that our room was not ready yet. He apologized for the mixup and said that other people were occupying our room but that he would give us a better one for that night and that the following day he would move us into the room I reserved. We got to the “better room” and it was really nice, but it still wasn’t what I had reserved. We had been traveling, so we started getting our things together to freshen up and get some rest so that we could pack the following day with activities. I opened the fridge and there was no water for purchase. I looked around and there was no bottled water anywhere in the room. Every hotel, bed&breakfast or Inn I have stayed in around the world offers bottled water in the room for a price $. There was none here. I walked to the lobby/front office and asked if they had water for sale. They said that they had no water, that delivery person forgot and that they only had soda and beer (what?! are you kidding me?!). Now I was beyond upset.

The beautiful view from the apartment room 13 was amazing. Breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was great! Actually, most of the hotel staff were awesome (except one of the guys at the front desk). One of the grounds keepers was so awesome that he used a ladder to get oranges from a tree for my mom. Beautiful people! The beautiful and rustic decor, the furniture, the rocking chairs, even the chandeliers - it all adds to the charm that pull you out of the city and into a small paradise.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

Aside from the lack of communication with booking.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In my opinion Location is not walkable to stores and restaurants.

Aside from the lack of communication with booking.com concerning cost of our stay everything was fantastic. Linens and towels were rich and our view over San Jose was magical. The staff was exceptional. As a side note best toilet paper in Costa Rica,🙃

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

I enjoyed the ambiance and hospitality. If I travel back to Costa Rica, I would stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was hard; too firm for my liking. Not many kitchen accessories to use; plates that were provided were too big for microwave.

Location is great; felt very safe and secure on the property. The breakfast is outstanding; kitchen staff is very friendly and attentive. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning up room and making sure to replenish towels.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

A great spot wonderful views atmosphere and staff.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Beautiful room, amazing staff, close to town. The views from room 13 are beautiful, it feels like staying in a tree house. We came for dental work and were able to do some fun things close by as well. Highly recommend staying here. We will definitely be back again!

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Great place to stay a night in San Jose before moving onto the beach.
    • Standard Room

Excellent breakfast, delicious coffee. Good wifi. Good place when transferring through San Jose. A little bit further from the international airport, but good location for Pava domestic flights.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Staff was friendly and gracious.
    • Standard Room

The pool was really too cold to use most days of our stay. But that happens with solar heated pools anywhere.

Staff was friendly and gracious. I enjoyed the breakfast and visiting with other guests each day.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Beautiful setting, good value, wonderful staff, reasonably close to airport by car.
    • Standard Room

Minor bug problems, but that's almost unavoidable in this setting.

Wonderful communication by email prior to arrival, very attentive to our special needs. Staff very helpful with everything, upbeat, and friendly. Beautiful gardens, spacious, clean room. Relaxing garden setting for full delicious breakfast served to us at gorgeous wood tables poolside. Quiet surroundings. Off the beaten track.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

We loved this place.
    • Standard Room

Driving and parking are not ideal. A long small drive that can present problems if there are cars going in both directions.

I like the rambling estate feel of the hotel. It's got lots of space and open areas for all to enjoy.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Wonderful!

Miguel

Miguel at the front desk was very rude and not helpful at all. He referred us to a website while we were standing in the lobby. One of the other gentlemen there took over, thankfully and was very helpful. We ended up staying 2 nights and loved it. We almost didn’t stay because Miguel was so rude. Glad we got someone else.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Spacious room, excellent breakfast, staff mostly very...
    • Standard Room

The night I arrived I called in to get directions to the hotel and staff wasn’t very helpful.

Spacious room, excellent breakfast, staff mostly very helpful. They helped me arrange for a hike with a guide and for a taxi when I needed one.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Rustic is perhaps the best way to describe Costa Verde.
    • Standard Room

Rustic is perhaps the best way to describe Costa Verde. From what I could gather around 20 rooms set in a large garden. Each room being of a unique shape and size. Wooden ceilings, tiled floors, white washed walls and chunky wooden furniture. Our room was large with a separate dressing room and what we particularly liked, our own very private patio. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic, it certainly helped blast the jetlag away. There's a communal lounge and dinning area with a roaring log fire in the evenings. A small swimming pool which was nice and clean. Breakfast is served next to the pool, a simple but hearty affair of DIY tea/coffee and toast. Fresh fruit and eggs/rice & beans is served by the nice ladies. The local town has many good eating options, but walking at night is not recommended, there are no pavements and deep drainage ditches. So you'll need your own car or a taxi. Uber worked well for us.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Nice secluded location.
    • Standard Room

The walls were so thin, I could hear the guy in the room next door throwing up and pooping. And not just a little. I could hear the vomit hitting the water in the toilet.

Nice secluded location.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Excellent location and great rooms
    • Standard Room

the mattress could of been better.

beautiful views over San Jose. It was handy for the airport, and the real fire made it cosy and welcoming. The room was large and very clean. As well as that we had a wonderful Breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

So perfect!
    • Standard Room

We stayed here overnight as we traveled through San Jose and had a plane in the morning. In the future I would stay longer. The room was tremendous. The staff was so great. They arranged a car for us to and from the airport. Pool was beautiful. Great views. Great neighborhood!

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Gorgeous mountain stay wrapped in jungle flora
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Beds were very firm. No A/C but it was okay because we didn't need it in the cool December air - the room had a good fan. The pool was really cold - perhaps heat it? Not a big deal but my kids couldn't even use it.

Breakfast was great and fresh. Incredible ambiance. Loved the communal fireplace (we were only ones there). Rooms hidden among the flora - it was gorgeous. Feels much more expensive than it was! Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Stayed only one night.
    • Standard Room

Noise of the refrigerator and ceilingfan.

Stayed only one night. Free upgrade to bigger room. Shower and breakfast were fine. Good location to stay after a long flight.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Top pick and value for money in this Selection.
    • Standard Room

Nothing really I really enjoyed this stay.

The whole resort is beautiful and private areas outside your room were a pleasant surprise. Wifi was strong enough to work outside on the table.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

The BEST visit I have had in the last 10 years the I have been traveling to Costa Rica
    • Standard Room

The WiFi needs to be up graded so that the single strength will stay consistent when using it

The beauty of staying in a very clean beautiful area of Costa Rica surrounded by great staff this is the only place to stay in Costa Rica in my book

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

I have stayed in the hotel many times, the staff and...
    • Standard Room

I have stayed in the hotel many times, the staff and location are unbeatable. But the lady that prepares breakfast is so sweet, she makes my days. I love the fire place specially in the rainy season.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Comfortable place.
    • Standard Room

They didn't clean the room. Only change the towels and bins.

Comfortable place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast and good value for money.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Incredibly Unexpected Bathroom
    • Standard Room

Parking is slightly out of the way depending on where your room is on the property. Pool looked cool, but there were several families with small children who were allowing them to cannonball into the pool and generally be loud in the evening hours, though that's really not the fault of Costa Verde.

The bathroom was absolutely incredible! It looked like the dungeon of a castle, dark but HUGE and completely unexpected based on the bedroom. Pool looked awesome, but sadly I didn't get to enjoy it due to only staying here for a few hours to nap.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

There is a nice and beatiful swimming pool, the breakfast...
    • Standard Room

Depends what do you intend to do inSan Jose, it is a little bit far from the town.

There is a nice and beatiful swimming pool, the breakfast has the best Gallo Pinto of all Costa Rica! 👏👏👏

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

very lovely stay
    • Standard Room

That we didn't stay another night!

Everyone was very helpful! The ladies that worked breakfast cooked our leftover shrimp so we could add to our eggs, that was excellent service!

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

A little oasis away from the city centre
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

If you did want to make use of the kitchenette it was a bit frustrating as it was lacking in utensils.

I loved the lush plants surrounding all the individual rooms, it gave the place a really tropical vibe. Some of the rooms looked like they had fantastic views.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of San Jose

Everything was excellent.

Costa Verde inn is very comfortable, with large queen sized beds and very clean bathroom with a hot shower. The pool area was lovely, surrounded by trees and wild birds. Breakfast was simple but delicious and I appreciated the unlimited coffee and toast too!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Breakfast was quiet generous and very good!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We took the bus to San José in order to get bus tickets for our further journey. I would have expected the staff at reception to advise where to walk in San José with kids and where it would be better to take a cab but unfortunately they did not!

Breakfast was quiet generous and very good! The room es spacious and clean. The pool area is really nice and inviting. The tour guide was helpful with advise for further planning !

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

The best place all over Costa Rica, we were so surprised of...

everything was above standard

The best place all over Costa Rica, we were so surprised of luxury, never have been so great place... Like Eden in the rush town.... great breakfast, very big and luxurious, full equipment, wonderful green garden and environment and swimming pool. I'd like to stay there more days, we recognize to everybody ...even demanding client.....

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Wonderful retreat near San Jose
    • Standard Room

If you want to be in the center of town this is not the place for you.

Almost every room has a little patio or balcony, beautiful trees nestled in the hills above San Jose. The suburb has good eats and grocery stores in walking distance and downtown San Jose is a short ride away. Staff are great! Delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Lovely but tiring night
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff needed to quiet the raucous guests, they were yelling loudly enough to be heard at the office.

The English speaking staff is very accommodating, the beds comfortable, the included breakfast fabulous, the parking ample. The only complaint we had was the noise. There windows are single pane with no screens, and noises from myriad dogs in the neighborhood barking all night, roosters crowing, the window panes rattling in the wind, and a large group of partiers in the parking lot yelling for an hour in Spanish at 1am kept us awake.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

We’ll be back!
    • Standard Room

It’s a bit away from everything but that’s even not a negative because we got our exercise every day!

Staff was amazing! Our place was huge, the ladies in the morning were amazing making us breakfast! Thank you!

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Normally Great BUT avoid Room #7.
    • Standard Room

I have stayed here many times and the beds have always been 8/10. This time in room 7 the bed was horrible. Bumpy abd a hollow in the middle. I advised them it was time to change the mattress.

Check in /out is great. Breakfasts are always tasty and rooms are interesting not your typical box.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

We had a nice stay, liked the accommodations, definitely one of the nicer spots.
    • Standard Room

We didn’t much care for the town of Escazu where it is located.

The nighttime view of the city. And recommending and scheduling the Britt Coffee tour for us.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

A great place to stay and visit San Jose
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A clean quaint property with welcoming staff. A great place to stay and visit San Jose. Room 13 has a very nice terrace with great view day and night

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

not sure as it was a mistake to book it.
    • Standard Room

It took 1 hour from the airport to the hotel... we asked for transport at 4.20 am but no one was there... it took us 20 min to get someone and get started

not sure as it was a mistake to book it... it was an OK place but away from everything

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

• Standard Room

Great location. Located on top of a hill overlooking San Jose. Nice and clean accommodation. We had a small kitchen area which is perfect if you want to stay in and prepare some food.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

A lil peace and quiet!
    • Standard Room

If what you are looking for is peace, quiet, and comfort, this is the place to be, but maybe a supermarket or a place to shop close by won't be a bad idea. Is a secluded area and transportation is far, that's the only thing I did not like. Having a car or secure transportation is a MUST if you want to get out and experience the beauty of Costa Rica.

The nature is beautiful. Clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Peaceful and restorative.
    • Standard Room

I know it’s Costa Rica, but the bugs were annoying. HOWEVER, the staff gave me with bug spray to hold on to during my stay!! It was clutch and definitely appreciated. Luckily I didn’t have to use it too much.

The big window in my little room was awesome. Staff was super helpful and accommodating. They worked with me to find the perfect room for my needs.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Lovely property.
    • Standard Room

Front desk said town walkable for restaurants. We set out with a map they provided which wasn't very helpful. Got lost a couple of times. The sun set after we left for town and between the lack of sidewalks and traffic, it was a very harrowing experience. Get a taxi!

Lovely property. We were only there overnight so didn't use the pool. Breakfast good. Met nice people there in a very relaxed atmosphere.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Spacious rooms, attractive gardens, quiet neighborhood yet...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately the people in the room next door were noisy and argumentative at all hours of the night. The walls weren't sufficiently soundproof. We put up with it for a few nights which was our mistake. When we called it to the attention of the staff, they resolved the problem promptly.

Spacious rooms, attractive gardens, quiet neighborhood yet walkable to town. The hotel has its own personality, easily distinguishable from the hotel chains and thankfully so.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Very comfortable night away :)
    • Standard Room

Pool and jacuzzi could be a bit more maintained. And when I asked the front desk guy to turn on the jacuzzi, it took him a solid 2 hours to come to turn it on.

The chefs were very nice at breakfast - made your breakfast custom made! Overall, very beautiful and comfortable property.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Nice staff, good location and good WiFi
    • Standard Room

No fridge in the room. Room tile floors could be better cleaned. Breakfast had very small portions.

Large area and facilities. The staff was attentive and nice. Wifi was good.

We Price Match