2. Costa Rica hotel reviews
  3. Puntarenas hotel reviews
  4. Jacó hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Villa Caletas

Reviews of Hotel Villa Caletas This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Playa Caletas , Herradura, 21220 Jacó, Costa Rica

#12 of 67 hotels in Jacó

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

The place is beautiful and staff great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The only two issues were that we stayed only one night and when we arrived at the room there was a problem with the key and was not able to enter our room promptly and took them to long to fix. They changed us to another room however we had to move, it was a little far and there was a bad smell around that area. Another issue was I asked in the restaurant for a cup of hot water with a piece of lime and they charged me like it was a juice drink, I thought it was not right.

The place is beautiful and staff great. The view is great, nice sun set and awesome nature.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Loved the property and hope to return soon
    • Standard Twin Room

No towels available by the pool.

Loved the pool and the beach. Staff were friendly, but getting service by the pool was a bit difficult. Also, they kept running out of pool towels; asked for them multiple times and they were out of them. Service at dinner was a bit slow, although the food was great.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Views are breathtaking, just for that , anyone should just...
    • Standard Twin Room

I believe because they know that they will have clients no matter what, staff was a bit less friendly than in other locations we visited in Costa Rica. Prices at the restaurant are also pretty high, however the food was really good. We had a room in the main building, and were woken up by staff putting chairs in the corridor in a very non discreet manner after the end of an event.

Views are breathtaking, just for that , anyone should just stop here & come have a drink there just to take in the view! At breakfast you can see toucans & hummingbirds! Swimming pool is beautiful too, although quite cold. There is quite some entertainment available ( chess, pool, ...)

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Rash from hot tub, broken AC
    • Superior Junior Suite

Unfortunately, I would never recommend this property. After staying at two wonderful hotels in Costa Rica, this was the last leg of our trip. Our issues included a broken AC the first night (broken when we got to the room, and not sure how long it took to fix, as we finally left for dinner when the room hit 80 degrees and it was thankfully finally fixed when we returned). Several of the staff members (including the bartender) spoke no English, which led to some confusion (surprising given the size and cost of the hotel, but obviously we understand that we're the ones who don't speak the country's language). My partner noticed the hot tub at the main pool deck had green water (usually indicates an algae issue) and ended up getting a large and painful rash after using our private hot tub. We saw from reviews that the private beach was rocky - note that this is accurate. It is small, 90% of the beach is all rocks with a very small area of sand. Not sure if it's because we went at 2 PM or that it was still a bit off season, but despite a large lunch menu, we were told only ceviche was available to order at the beach restaurant. It ended up being a longer drive from Jaco than we expected, but there are $20 rides available to town (each way - we took an Uber back for $8 USD). Lastly, particularly when you are guests in one of the suites, I'd expect better customer service. For example, when checking out, my partner mentioned we were unhappy with our stay and the issue with the hot tubs, and he was told "okay." No concern for the issues, no apology. For the price, I think there are much better options.

We stayed for two days in a Junior Suite with private hot tub. Views were amazing, room and outdoor patio were very spacious. The overall grounds are very beautiful. Ceviche at the beach restaurant was tasty. Larger drink menu at the pool and the pool itself is picturesque. Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel are very good.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Had dinner here several times and finally stayed the night !

There are no complaints. Zero

This is a one of a kind unique hotel and grounds. We aren’t handicap but this would be a challenge if so. Everything is breathtaking. By far the best hotel in the Jaco beach area. We chose the villa suite and had so much privacy that clothing was optional 24/7. A must stay place on your trip to Costa Rica.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Just wonderful!
    • Villa

Our hotel toilet had very low water pressure, so we had to flush 2-3 times every time we used the toilet!

The view of the ocean from the hotel was breathtaking. There is a terrace area where hotel guests can watch the sunset. Just lovely.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Rooms were really impresive as the infinity pool, and sights...

A bit expensive specially in low season at Sept last week. The private beach is not very nice.

Rooms were really impresive as the infinity pool, and sights from the restaurant. Also it is nice to have the shuttle to the beach where you have all kind of services (bar, jacuzzi, etc...)

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Hard to relax in an uncomfortable chair.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Every single chair on the property was wrought iron and extremely uncomfortable. On the balcony, in the restaurant, in the lounge. I got a same day discounted rate from Booking and they made sure to give us the worst room in the place that was maybe half full.

Beautiful sunsets. Lovely meal in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

The wonderful staff and their prompt response to my requests.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Lack of lighting leading up to the property

The wonderful staff and their prompt response to my requests. Housekeeping, who always went above and beyond in caring for my room.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Loverly view and time to relax
    • Villa

The rooms are nice, but compared to the price also a bit basic.

Perfect view, very nice location and nice restaurant and swimming pol to chill and relax.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Superb vistas, and birds, birds, birds.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Off season, but absolutely spectacular. Toucan, toucanette, maccaws, trogons, and much more. Perfect pool, views to last a lifetime. This is the epitome of Costa Rica grace.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Incredible attention to detail from the dinner service to the room decor.
    • Standard Twin Room

We had the most incredible view from the infinity pool. We only stayed there one night and we were so sad to leave after only one night but we had plans in another city. I could not believe what I was paying for the value of the place! It was such a steal! My mother and I had dinner at their restaurant and the staff payed so much attention to detail. The waiters brought us small bites throughout the night that we were not expecting. Everything was delicious. I cannot wait to go back to this hotel and watch another sunset from their infinity pool.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Beautiful

The things I did not like were Petty compared to the things I liked, however, I feel when I spend $300 a night I should get more than one cup of coffee. I also didn't like the fact that they charged a tip fee for everything you bought at the restaurant even if you went and bought a bottled water

I do quite a bit of traveling and this place was right at the top of the list of the most beautiful places I have stayed. The grounds were impeccable. The private beach wasn't the best. It was quite Rocky but the fact that it was private is an outstanding feature. I would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

The paradise on earth

The checkout was the only bad point of my stay! Too short! The private beach was on workout but very nice anyway and the path to get to the beach is hard. You really need a 4x4 if you dont take tje shuttle.

The view from the room on the jungle and the ocean is amazing, the view from the pool, the restaurant is more impressive than you can expect from the pictures of the website! You are in paradise!

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Service in general was great.

It was a shame not to find a nice beach close to the hotel. The spot offered is well maintained but is not a beach to bath.

Service in general was great. Staff was friendly and kind all the time. The view is AMAIZING!

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Greatly Exceeded Expectations - Even Better than the Photos on the Website
    • Villa

Parking is a bit tricky on the property, especially before sunset when lots of visitors come to watch the sunset at the amphitheater.

The Hotel Villa Caletas is one of the best hotels in Central America. Although our villa was one of the furthest from the pool and restaurant, the walk through the gardens was such a treat. You will notice the incredible architecture and landscape of this property - from the mosaic tile walkway to the variety of plants and animals that live on the property. Our room was very spacious, elegantly appointed with comfortable furnishings, and a large terrace with one of the best views in the world -- nothing like watching the sun set across Playa Herradura and the Nicoya Peninsula and Pacific Ocean. In addition, the infinity pool was spectacular and very relaxing. My family and I had several really amazing cocktails during our stay and the food was some of the best I have tasted in Costa Rica. Also, the staff was absolutely incredible and accommodated us every moment, especially Jocksan who always asked if our stay was comfortable and if we needed anything. I only wish we had stayed longer.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Beautiful location, priceless views.

We stayed in a junior suite. The room had an amazing balcony view of the ocean, the room it self was a bit outdated, the bathroom was tiny with no ledge space to even put a shave kit. The property wasn’t as quite as “parkesque” as it shows... they need to work on the upkeep of the dead leaves/landscape. Need to get better sweeps under the doors into the suites bedrooms, we had to kill a huge spider after it crawled in under our door. It just seemed to us they have not kept up on the upkeep and it degraded the property and the “wow” factor.

The views are absolutely priceless, the private beach and the food and the service at the beach was AMAZING

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Inconvenient and not relaxing
    • Superior Junior Suite

Beds are too hard. Room was far from front desk .. had to call the front desk to drive you to reception and breakfast . My key cards locked me out 4 times in one night so when I had to reset the cards I had to rice my own car We did not have water for a while and had to wait

Bellman was very helpful but he was doing it all to make up for all the negative

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Very private and relaxing. You can't "walk into town", but, then, why would you?

Like most Latin American facilities we've experienced, some things could have used a little more planning. No expense was spared, but convenience and location with lighting and plumbing controls never seems to be intuitive. Walk all the way into a bathroom before you find the light switch -- things like that. Once you're used to them, no problem. I know all this is determined before completion, but some other things could be easily changed with no expense. If I owned a facility as expensive and beautiful as this is, I'd require my general manager to stay one night a week at a different room every week. ("Why'd they put that over there?")

Spectacular location. Attentive staff. It's hard to imagine how much time and effort was put in to construct the facilities and, really, the road up and into it. Great dining experiences.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Uncomfortable and a waste of money
    • Villa

The service this time was unacceptable. The staff was minimal at the beach and poolside bar/restaurant and seemed overworked. Drinks were terrible as well, and there was a group of young partiers playing extremely loud hip hop music, it was impossible to relax. This was my wife and my third time at this property, but the quality appears to be decreasing.

Overrated

It looks very outdated. Room did not have a bathtub Food was not great and it was expensive, especially breakfast. Bed was not as comfortable as I expected for the price we paid. The private beach has nothing spectacular for the dangerous and bumpy ride.

The pool is amazing but small The villas are very private

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

A first class property that has slipped a bit in its appearance due to lacking attn. to landscaping
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The landscaping and general maintenance of the grounds was disappointing based upon my previous stays at the Villa Caletas.

The service extended by the staff was very good. Wilson and Norman, in particular, were exceptional.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

The views from the restaurant, pool area and our room were incredible. Highly recommended!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent as was the view from the restaurant. The infinity pool was one of coolest pools we've seen.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Overall a delightful vacation and looking forward to our next visit !
    • Superior Junior Suite

chipped glasses and lack of towels , which was remedied ; an ice machine would be helpful in the 80's units . mixed drinks had no alcohol , good smoothies though . screen door needs attending as it kept jumping the track .

The birding was magnificent ! Lovely views , sunrise to sunset ! Charming privacy , delightful staff .

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Never wanted to leave!
    • Villa

Absolutely amazing. Room with a Jacuzzi or a private pool. What more is there to ask for. The view? Amazing as well, right from the infinity pool or the gym.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Nice hotel, but amenities with bad service.
    • Superior Junior Suite

Bar and restaurant still poor in service. I did stay several occasions in this hotel, and still the same.problem..waiters are not kindly, there are only one or two that know the job, the remain are lost in manners and procedures, given you a feeling that you are not welcome. I did comment this problem before, but it seems the problem it is in the administration of the hotel, because nothing has been done to fix, i got some replies to my comments from the administration promising they will improve the service, but still the same or even worst. Missing training on the staff.

Nice place to rest and enjoy nature.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Beautiful views from any where on the property.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We had the worst dining experience of our entire trip at their restaurant, and it was by far the most expensive place we dined. They had the worst wait staff- we had to wait 10 minutes for our menus, after we asked for them. Then after we asked if we could order from the whole menu and they said yes, when we finally got to order they told us we had to sit in a different area to order from the whole menu. Not a great finish to our trip, but luckily it was the most beautiful view to enjoy while we waited.

Beautiful views from any where on the property.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Beautiful place
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff in the reseption desk (when checking in and also when checking out) seemed that they didn't want to answer to our questions and didn't want to help us otherwise either.

Beautiful place

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

superb!

nothing - nada - niets !

everything like always great , this is 23 years I go to this hotel and always its a tremendous pleasure . Great staff , great food , and superb location .

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Villa Caletas epitomized the best of Costa Rica - natural elegance and beauty

consider running a shuttle down to Jaco a few times a day

conceiarge staff was great - especially Stanley! excellent recommendations after asking questions about likes and dislikes. room was a slice of heaven - felt like a luxurious tree house. love how the property blended beautifully with the landscape

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Amazing place.

Amazing service, beautiful views throughout the property (infinity pool, sunset amphitheater, private beach that had canopy beds/chairs for guests to enjoy...the list goes on!

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

The secluded location of this hotel, with a splendid view...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The food at the restaurant is only average

The secluded location of this hotel, with a splendid view over the ocean and the privacy and elegance of our room

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

We loved the infinity pool, the dinner was great, and the...
    • Superior Junior Suite

We loved the infinity pool, the dinner was great, and the terrace in our superior junior suite was absolutely spectacular. Words cannot describe the view. Secluded property, but that was welcomed, as the busy dirty nightlife of Jaco was not our scene. Loved the friends of the forest trek to the private beach.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Great service, views and spa services.
    • Standard Twin Room

Cold water in swimming pool, too expensive dinner menu, some parts of the room are falling apart (doors don't close, broken handles). Too many American groups that are very loud and disturb others - relaxing was not possible.

Great service, views and spa services.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Perfect!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

It is the most stunning place you could imagine. The staff are all amazing,very helpful,and prompt. The pool is beautiful and the private beach is breathtaking. The attention to detail is unbelievable.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

If was a excelente choice,

I will like a courtain between, 80s rooms, just to increase The privacy

If was a excelente choice, The hotel exceed my expectations 100% Everything was terrific, and the size bedroom was gorgeous, I will come back to Villa caletas 1000 times

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

We had a wonderful relaxing few days at Villas Caletas and hope to return again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Christmas dinner was a bit overpriced.

The views are breathtaking. We saw scarlet macaws fly by several times. Our room had a nice size balcony with a tavle and two chairs where we could relax and enjoy the view. The food was very good. The fresh fruit was delicious and the presentation was lovely. We had lunch around the pool one afternoon and we were avle to order from the regular menu. The waitress brought us a special table so we had more room.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Beautiful property and facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Bathroom. We only had a handheld shower device that was out of control. The only way to wash was to splash water on ourselves, soap up, and then use the handheld to rinse. Would have liked a coffee machine in our room. At times, we had trouble finding our way around the property, but that's probably due to its uniqueness.

Beautiful property and facilities. Excellent restaurant, bars, and staff. Incredible views throughout the property and from our room.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Location, near the city.
    • Villa

Told the staff at the front desk it was my girlfriends BDay.... not a single detail from the hotel for her (did not go for the extra mile).... Pool food was terrible...

Location, near the city.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

My stay was nice, alittle disappointed that I could not get in the water
    • Standard Twin Room

It was alot of stairs to and from my room, the private beach was far,

Food was great but expensive at the hotel. the view was wonderful, the room was alittle small to be a villa, however I was upgraded twice

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Nice villas with a view but poor beach.

The private beach was an absolute disappointment. You can drive to it in your own 4x4 if you want which we did. The beach is rocky and there is truly not a beach to swim on. You have to wait until the waters are at high tide as the pacific swell would smash you into the rocks if you tried to swim while the tide in incoming. The beach could have been so much more. If you are driving go to Playa Jaco or Playa Hermosa which was really nice.

The villa was very nice and all the facilities were great. The room has a Jacuzzi which was great. The parking was secure near the reception.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

pacific ocean seen from high above, unique location!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Our daughters had a room which lay a bit lower than ours and it was dark and did not smell fresh. May be it had not been used before we came. The pool area could have been cleaner.

The infinity pool is stunning. The rooms are huge and the view on the Pacific Ocean was unforgettable. The morning yoga course with the view on the Ocean was excellent.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Beautiful hotel, just an average staff.
    • Superior Junior Suite

Dishonesty, the lack of ethic and compassion. The driver that took us to the hotel's private beach was the same driver that picked us up to go back to the hotel. He came flying down the hill so fast and clearly didn't see my daughter that I had to run out and push her out of the way as I was screaming on the top of my lungs for him to stop as I could see he had this zoned out looking face. To be riding down the hill at the speed he was going, specially knowing the hotel's pick-up spot was literally at the end of the hill was reckless and what's even more disturbing was that he denied he was going too fast even after my husband and I pointed out the skid marks in the gravel from where he had to slam his breaks. The bartender who was stationed at the beach happen to be approaching us as he heard me scream. We explained what happened. He turned to ask the driver but then he was saying its okay to the driver and neither the driver or bartender apologized or even asked if we were okay. To deny and act as though nothing happened and to then turn a blind eye and almost do a dual partnership in a lie was unbelievable. The hotel is very lucky this did not end in a death. Had I not seen and stopped the driver from running over my daughter, he would have killed her without a doubt. If there were only surveillance cameras to replay, it would reveal the truth. The overall hotel and location was gorgeous and the local beach town was very easy to get around. The local people were very nice and there were great places to eat and walk around.

The property grounds and our hotel room with the balcony and private outdoor hot tub was amazing. The views were breathtaking. The private beach was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Very nice rooms and stunning view.

Gym is outdated and machines hardly work. That is unacceptable for the price you pay for this hotel. The facilities on the beach must be upgraded. The food on the beach was not of the high level we experienced during a previous stay.

Very nice rooms and stunning view. Also, the walk to the beach and the possibility to lunch on the beach, although most of the guest take the shuttle due to the steep slope.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Most charming hotel in Costa Rica
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

This is the most charming hotel in Costa Rica. I have been going there for over 20 years. Dennis Rey, the owner has done a magnificent job in creating a wonderful place to relax.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Vacation in style in Costa Rica

Stairs

the first room that was given was not the one booked as we where tired we only went the next morning to ask to change and when they realize they had made a mistake they immediately upgraded us to a fantastic looking room with view and amenities. Service is excellent waiters are naturally nice and in addition stylish.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

Absolutely beautiful place, grounds, and wonderful staff, but the room needed a little a TLC.
    • Superior Junior Suite

Property is very nice but starting to show some wear in the room we stayed in and the landscaping maintenance could be a little better.

Amazing views and everything you need to do is onsite. Great dining and beach club.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

The best hotel I have EVER stayed in!
    • Superior Junior Suite

Driving up the hill in the rain was not the best experience but well worth it!

The rooms are beautiful, huge and beyond what the pictures show! The best was extremely comfortable, the pool is very nice and clean, their restaurant had great food and the staff was AMAZING! They are so attentive, always there to help, they even would ride around in their golf cart giving us rides to the pool area or to eat.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2017

Very nice location
    • Superior Junior Suite

Maids were very sloppy. Didn't fully clean room leaving dirty glasses and towels on two occasions

Most amazing views and wildlife at tree top level

• Reviewed: April 28, 2017

Beautiful setting, but don't waste your time on the "private beach"

Private beach is not a beach. Path to beach is very dangerous and should not be advertised. One restaurant (the affordable one) was not open during our stay. No live music during our stay No free yoga classes during our stay These complaints were not addressed either when we brought them up in person or subsequently by email

The furnishings are beautiful The view is incredible, especially from the stunning infinity pool The staff are lovely

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Gorgeous view, very helpful staff, stunning mountain top...
    • Standard Twin Room

Bumpy road to private beach that you can't swim at...

Gorgeous view, very helpful staff, stunning mountain top property with infinity pool very romantic, good was great although drinks are pricey highly recommend.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Amazing luxury hotel outside of Jaco
    • Villa

not suitable for travelers that cannot climb stairs. to our room from the reception there were 129 stairs going up and down.

Amazing luxury hotel, up on a hill 7 KM outside of Jaco, amazing infinity pool, nice gourmet restaurant and impeccable service. the villas are amazing, comfort, clean and luxurious. and the private beach is a must.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

A lot to improve!
    • Standard Twin Room

- Plastic everywhere On the estate of the resort and especially on the way to the beach (the path to walk) there is huge amount of plastic! A hotel that claims to be in higher segment should be able to care for the environment just in front of them instead of writing everywhere in the shower how proud they are to have removed the little bottles of shampoos and shower gel with the refillable once. - Staff at the reception is not problem solving oriented I asked to pick me up from the bus stop, but apparently no taxi was available. When arrived they gave me a room on the ground floor overlooking a wall. Also, the balcony doors could not be locked. I refused to stay there since it would be like staying in the apartment that just cannot be locked. Person at the reception mentioned something about "need to talk to the boss" but gave me the other room right away. It was on the first floor and balcony doors were better, but still could be locked only using the metal sticks to put between the door and the wall. These balcony door issues should be fixed really!

+ Staff Staff (restaurant, beach, spa and cleaning) are absolute wonderful. Very kind, friendly and attentive! I really do not know where they got all that people. But they are amazing and never annoying! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about reception staff. + It is a lovely place with wonderful view over the ocean. + Sunsets there are spectacular + The pool is very well cleaned and never full. So it is really beautiful. + Food is good too.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Great place to stay

The food from the restaurant El Mirador was delicious but the size was very small.

The room we booked was very nice and big, and had pretty good accommodations. We went there on our honeymoon and the hydro massage bath in the balcony was great. It was our second time there and we will definitely come back again.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Super location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Tough to carry luggage to the rooms. Not good for older people who may have trouble going up stairs. Wish there were elevators at strategic locations.

Super location. Beautiful views and very romantic. Good food too.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

BEST. VACATION. EVER
    • Superior Junior Suite

The location (built on mountain top & cliffside was breathtaking the staff was amazing and attentive. Highly, highly recommended this boutique hotel

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

Just breathtaking..

Restaurant could still be improved. Although Breakfasts are good...lunch and dinner are a bit overpriced and under quality for such a magnificent place.

Absolutely Everything... This is one of my all time favorite hotels in the world.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

A lovely stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The food was rather pricey

We much enjoyed the swimming pool but particularly the private beach which was accessed only by a 4x4 driven one of the staff.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

Bad Air conditioning in room #11
    • Villa

We stayed in either room 11 or 12 but it had the full ocean view, and the air conditioning was not keeping up during the day. We told them about it twice and each time they sent a mechanic over to check it out. He said that the compressor was bad and needed to be replaced. I thought they were going to take care of it, but it didn't happen. We I told them about it at check out. The manager said that the a/c was fine and my expectations were too high. He never checked it for himself. Room temps in the mid 80s even with the curtains closed is ok? He just making excuses.

Beautiful location. Incredible ocean views. Nice pool.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

Best view ever! The hotel is surrounded by both jungle AND sea all around. Spectacular!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I wish they would have their beach open later than 4:00 pm. Most activities in Costa Rica are during the day, so you are not really back to the hotel until around that time, and by then you can't go to the beach anymore. It's the only issue I have with this property.

This is a wonderful property, they have the best view of any hotel I've ever stayed at, anywhere, period. You the hotel is surrounded by both jungle AND sea all around. Spectacular! It's a five star hotel not on a five star budget (a little higher than other Costa Rica properties, but absolutely worth the small splurge).

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

Great Hotel with terrible service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff! A little snub. My sister and I were there to celebrate my birthday so we were excited about this hotel till we checked inn. After travelling all afternoon from Monteverde and zip lining in the morning we were a little disheveled. Staff made us feel out of place and uncomfortable. Than went down to the pool to watch the sunset and couldn't find anyone to serve us a drink at the pool I had to get out of the pool and walk in the restaurant to ask for service and finally we sat in the restaurant lounge and wouldn't get serve, had to get up and ask for service.

Great view, nice pool, relaxing nice drinks.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

The resort was very nice.
    • Villa

Our friends villa's air conditioning was on the fritz the whole time we were there. They sent a few technicians out, but never resolved the problem.

The resort was very nice. It is on the top of a cliff, so the views are amazing.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2017

5 days in PARADISE
    • Standard Twin Room

Price of the ice coffee depending on who made it. This should not happen again. We were not the only ones who were having problem with different prices on different days, usually depending on who was preparing the bill. Overall the service by the pool can be improved - sometimes it was a challenge to find someone to order the drink with. Standard rooms do not have any view (such as room 7 - literally overlooking a wall of another building), we are very happy for the complimentary upgrade but no view should be clearly communicated for the next people booking. There is a space for improvement in sustainability efforts - starting with consistency. In room 7 there were recycling bins (awesome) however they were missing from room 8. We created our own ones but they have been thrown away by the cleaning service. Our sheets and towels were replaced everyday even though we made it clear (by placing a special card on the pillow and leaving the towels hanging) that we are happy to re-use them

We loved it here! If you get a room no8 consider yourself lucky. Loved the view and waking up to it. The vibe by the infinity pool is great - the music, the view, ice coffee & drinks. Really liked the morning weekend yoga - complimentary and also enjoyed the complimentary face scrub. Good food in the restaurant, clean room, lovely stuff. Plus I really appreciate their sustainability efforts.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2017

Fantastic boutique villa hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Lack of choice at breakfast. We would always prefer a buffet and so many hotels offer this now. There should always be two restaurant choices for dinner (as indicated on the website) and this was not the case (one of the restaurants was always closed), so we just drove outside to find other options in Playa Herradura & Jaco.

Location on the hillside. Individual room style. Staff were very friendly. The walk to the beach through the forest. Secluded beach setting. Amphitheatre restaurant.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

Great for those with unlimited budgets
    • Standard Twin Room

Infinity pool not heated, too cold for swimming. Neither of the two hot tubs I tried worked. Our shower ran intermittently hot and cold, unfortunately I lacked the Spanish to explain this well enough to get it fixed.

The view was spectacular, the staff warm and friendly and the room very clean.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Fantastic

Didnt stay longer

Staff and facilities

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Great!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

An unbelievably beautiful view from the rooms, restaurant, pool and even the gym. Fantastic place, this is.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Vistas espectaculares

Vistas espectaculares

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Will stay here only next time

Slightly smaller rooms

View

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

This is an excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

This is an excellent hotel. It counts with an excellent service and restaurant.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Beautiful location
    • Standard Twin Room

Food is not the best, breakfast is ok, lots to improve

Beautiful setting, relaxing, great beach, kind of luxury

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Beautiful place with wonderful views

Pillows a little bit hard

Facilities, the room was extraordinary

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

View

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Views were incomparable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Service in main dining area not up to level of the rest of the property.

Views were incomparable. Infinity pool was beautiful and refreshing.

We Price Match